PDA

View Full Version : A new addition to the ZC forums would be nice.

Majora
05-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Granted it's not a common problem, but under either ZC Discussion, or ZC Development, there really SHOULD be a sub forum called "Corrupted Quest Recovery" for anyone whose quest may have been corrupted somehow. The fact that it's not very common should mean that a Dev would take a look at the file, and try to fix it, or at least offer an explanation on what happened if that Dev is unable to recover the file. Thoughts?

DarkDragon
05-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Corrupted quests should be posted in the Open Beta Bugs forum, along with a description of what is suspected to have caused the corruption.

The_Amaster
05-28-2007, 03:15 PM
Heh, MW, I'm assuming this is in leu of NineLives problem?

Joe123
05-28-2007, 03:56 PM
This sounds like an excellent idea.

Nicholas Steel
05-28-2007, 07:01 PM
i agree with darkdragon, a quest getting corrupted is a bug, and once it is dealt with then the chances of a quest getting corrupted are reduced, if we had another subforum then it would just make it even harder and more tiring for the developers to check that extra place since we can't view multiple sub forums together at the same time.

Majora
05-28-2007, 07:59 PM
Heh, MW, I'm assuming this is in leu of NineLives problem?

Yup. That and Beta Link's problem, and C-Dawg's.

(mysteriously, I've had 254 for a long time.... so why did BL's quest get corrupted, but not mine O_o? cosmic......)

Sam Atoms
05-28-2007, 09:49 PM
Yeah, the Open Beta Bugs forum sounds like a good place for this stuff.

Nicholas Steel
05-28-2007, 11:16 PM
Yup. That and Beta Link's problem, and C-Dawg's.

(mysteriously, I've had 254 for a long time.... so why did BL's quest get corrupted, but not mine O_o? cosmic......)

he accessed a part of the program that corrupted his quest, you however did not.

you should report this stuff in the BUG forum and include exactly what you did to get your quest corrupted.

Joe123
05-29-2007, 03:29 AM
It's not necessarily a bug if your file gets corrupted, if you're halfway through saving the file and your pc crashes it corrupts the file, and doesn't it corrupt it if you change some of the settings in the header info?

Nicholas Steel
05-29-2007, 03:54 AM
yes, but for all cases that arnt obvious are bugs.

DarkDragon
05-29-2007, 04:45 AM
For all cases that aren't bugs, feel free to send me a PM, and I'll take a look at your quest. There's no guarantee I'll be able to do anything though, especially if the quest fails to load at all (ie, you get an error message during loading). Problems with item properties that have gone awry are usually easy to fix, on the other hand.