PDA

View Full Version : Reboot

Beldaran
05-28-2007, 05:45 AM
I'm rebooting my brain. It's 4:45am. I'm going to just stay up. I need to get back on a normal schedule.

Anyone else ever go through this?

Anytime I have time off I immediately become nocturnal. For the last seven days I have been going to bed at around 5am and waking up at 1pm.

I'm going to have a big headache in about two hours I think. [cringes]

Aw screw it I'm going to bed.

Gleeok
05-28-2007, 06:02 AM
Holy shit man... you have no idea. Last week my sleeping schedual was like 6am to 2pm. the last two days its been 2pm to 12am!!! I got to work today at 2:00 so now im stuck getting no sleep till around 10. now where'd I put my coffee...
:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

gdorf
05-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah, its a nasty cycle. I usually go about it differently though. I work myself to exhaustion for a week or two then I sleep for 16-20 hours straight to get back on track.

I blame school.

War Lord
05-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I thought was going to be about the awesome Saturday morning TV show.
I go through what you describe weekly though.

MottZilla
05-28-2007, 03:17 PM
I've had that problem too, but I rarely ever stay up till the next night. I think the last time I stayed up all night and never went to sleep was the summer the DreamCast was hot and I was playing games like Soul Calibur, Marvel Vs Capcom, and Crazy Taxi. And that wasn't cause I was trying to get my sleeping back to a regular time frame. ;)

Darth Marsden
05-28-2007, 03:36 PM
I also get this, and I also thought you were talking about the TV show. Memories... But yeah, my sleeping pattern gets so screwed up sometimes. If it happens, I tend to do one of two things (usually the former):

- Stay awake, so I've got a good 30 odd hours, and go to bed at around 20:00
- Try and grab a couple of hours of sleep, and set my alarm for 8:00 in the morning.

Both methods have their problems - you're either generally sluggish throughout the whole day or absolutely shattered first thing in the morning - but there's not a lot you can do about that, sadly. And rest assured, caffeine does not help. I have a lot of experience with this.

Hope you can get back on track pretty quick, it sucks being out-of-sync.

DarkDragoonX
05-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Yeah, if left to my own devices, my "normal" sleep schedule seems to be around 3:00 AM - 10:00 AM. Every time I have a significant amount of time where I don't have to force myself to go to bed earlier, that's what I always fall back to, so you aren't the only one.

Archibaldo
05-28-2007, 03:59 PM
Heh, over the summer I tend to get nocturnal. I go to bed around like 3-4 am every night/morning and proceed to wake up at 1-2 pm. But now that I have a day time job, I usually just do that when I have the next day off. Of course this screws me over 'casue then my sleep schedule gets screwed up, and then I try to go to bed early to be up for 7 the next morning, but the problem is then I lie awake in bed untill like 1 and I'm wrecked the next morning.

The_Amaster
05-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Eh, I had that heppen once. I mean, usually I get enough sleep, but there was the time at my friends house where we stayed up for like 36 hours straight, which, coupled with Mountain Dew led to a interesting YouTube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hC8P-fu9CA)

Best to get your brain back on time as quickly as possible.

ShadowTiger
05-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Take a Tylenol PM about two or three hours before the time you want to fall asleep to reset your sleep schedule. (About 7 PM?) I find that Tylenol PM tends to work better than Vicodin for me. (Though I've only had the stuff twice in my life.)

Two little Tylenol PM's won't hurt you. Too many over a longer period of time would, at least in the stereotypical sense.

Glenn the Great
05-29-2007, 11:31 AM
I find that Tylenol PM tends to work better than Vicodin for me.

Mmmm, Vicodin. Doctor House recommended for pain relief!

Prrkitty
05-29-2007, 12:20 PM
Be careful of using Vicodin for a sleep aid. It sucks when it gets to the point that vicodin doesn't do *anything*. Trust me... :(

Gleeok
05-29-2007, 12:31 PM
grr.. ive gotten 4 hours sleep since I posted earlier: ( -I blame the french.

PS- i'll try the tylenol pm thing

moocow
05-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Mmmm, Vicodin. Doctor House recommended for pain relief!

I prefer percocet.

I'm serious, they gave me percocet when I had my gall bladder removed, and I slept for 3 days. Well, I woke up a few times, but spent most of my time sleeping. Vicodin doesn't do much for me...

I've been having problems sleeping lately. I go to bed and can't get my brain to shut off, so I either lay awake, or I get up and play on the computer. Next thing you know it's 2 am and I have to be up at 6:30... I haven't had more than 5-6 hours of sleep a night since Bladen was born... Lately I've only been getting between 3 and 4 hours of restless sleep. I'm tired all the time. Major suckage.

Beldaran
05-29-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm not going to take vicodin because I've seen too many episodes of House.

biggiy05
05-29-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm not going to take vicodin because I've seen too many episodes of House.

Take some dilated with a side of narcan. That will knock you out and keep you out if you have a steady dose going into your system.

Mitsukara
05-29-2007, 09:49 PM
I've skipped sleep now and then. I find that I think pretty well throughout but my emotional and physical state can get wonky. In particular it's easy for me to accidentally fall asleep at nearly any time thereafter- I don't have a good awake mode, which isn't surprising considering how crappily I sleep and how crappily I wake myself up from sleeping.

I also worked overnight at Wal Mart for a few weeks until I quit in April. Overnight People Greeter (only 24 hour stores have them) = one of the best positions in the store if you have the patience and are good at hiding a small form of entertainment. I barreled through 5 Star Wars books in that position XD But the management still sucks and the job is boring and lame, so it's not like, the ultimate epitome of awesome unless you're just the right kind of person. But it was far, far superior to daytime cashiering, which is what I started out doing.

Despite never watching it, the thread title made me think it was going to be about this though:
http://sfon.tv/Images/ringlogo_ReBoot.jpg

DarkDragoonX
05-29-2007, 10:40 PM
... But it was far, far superior to daytime cashiering, which is what I started out doing.

I'm reasonably certain that being the victim of an involuntary splenectomy would be superior to daytime cashiering at Wal-Mart.