PDA

View Full Version : -> =READ= The Latest Alphas Are Temporarily HERE! =READ=

bigjoe
05-27-2007, 08:45 PM
The forum hack that shows the latest windows, linux, and mac os x alpha builds is defunct for the time being, so I will post a link to the alpha build update page, for anyone who is lost.

www.shardstorm.com

ShadowTiger
05-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Until the box at the top of the forum is restored, this is stickied. Thanks BigJoe. :) :thumbsup:

AmazingAmpharos
05-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Speaking of that, what happened to b323? Unless I've just gone plain insane, there was a b323 on there at one point. It's been working fine for me, and I can't recall any of the other builds ever being taken down. Is there some reason I shouldn't be using it?

Gleeok
05-29-2007, 12:27 PM
Well i've also got b323, but i suspect not for long. ;(

DarkDragon
05-29-2007, 04:14 PM
The way the repository is currently set up is that any time any dev commits files to a special output folder, a new build is published. To prevent a build from getting published, I then just uncheck the box next to the files in the output folder, so that they don't get copied from my computer to the repository.
Simple, right?
Well, there's a bug in my repository client that occasionally causes the files to be uploaded anyway; when that happens I occasionally go manually into the build SQL database and undo the publish.

So yeah, go ahead and keep the build; I didn't intend to publish it, but there's nothing gravely wrong with it, to my knowledge. It's just even more untested than usual ;)

Russ
05-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Can someone please post a link to the latest build in a normal, unzipped folder. My computer has a major bug (so major it won't even display the start menu) and I can only open things with task manager, and that only recognizes unzipped folders. So once again I implore, please someone post an unzipped folder for the latest build.

Nicholas Steel
05-30-2007, 11:40 PM
you can't upload folders that contain files =) its a limitation of teh popular internet transfer protocol (FTP ?)

you must compress the folder and its contents into a single file.

Dark Nation
05-31-2007, 07:09 AM
Can you download winzip? It will open the files for you.

Russ
05-31-2007, 10:03 AM
I have winzip, but the thing is I couldn't acsess it. But my computer fixed itself this morning, so please disregard the previous message and I apologize for the first post.

koopa
06-03-2007, 05:13 AM
Linux build updated.

Nicholas Steel
06-03-2007, 06:23 AM
hey koopa, the changes from the next build have merged with the changes in the linux build you released.

DarkDragon
06-03-2007, 06:34 AM
EDIT: Oh I see. That's a consequence of the way the automatic publishing works; it assumes that when you publish a build, it includes all of the changes up to that time. Let me go in and manually fix 319.