PDA

View Full Version : will the linux build ever be updated?

iwn12
05-27-2007, 03:14 AM
sorry if this was asked before, but its almost been 100 builds since the last update!

DarkDragon
05-27-2007, 05:15 AM
koopa currently holds the title of Linux King; ask him nicely and maybe he'll publish you a build ;)
You might also want to ask Sean, as he's published Linux builds in the past.

koopa
05-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Thanks for reminding me. I'll try and do one this week.

iwn12
05-31-2007, 06:21 PM
wow, for the life of me, I don't remember posting this 4 days ago, more like, a few weeks. hmm.

Koopa, here is inspiration: please, please, please, please?( I asked nicely! :thumbsup:)

I really want to get back into making my quest, I know there are other linux builds, but I really like some of the features that are appearing for the windows builds. I've tried ZC in wine, but, it wasn't pretty.

Deviance
05-31-2007, 10:33 PM
koopa currently holds the title of Linux King; ask him nicely and maybe he'll publish you a build ;)
You might also want to ask Sean, as he's published Linux builds in the past.

Hey I been busy. I'll get around doing a build tomorrow. I got some time on my hands so I'll try to push one out.

koopa
06-03-2007, 05:11 AM
Build 319 updated. I should be able to get the newest one out next week.

I compiled on debian and tested it there and under xubuntu "feisty" off live cd, seems to work ok. The huge file sizes are because allegro is statically linked in, I guess.

iwn12
06-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Build 319 updated. I should be able to get the newest one out next week.

I compiled on debian and tested it there and under xubuntu "feisty" off live cd, seems to work ok. The huge file sizes are because allegro is statically linked in, I guess.

It's better than nothing. thanks! I really like the speed of ZC's development as every time I come, there's at least 1 or 2 new builds.

I have always used a debian based distro, so this should work great. I am currently using Ubuntu "feisty" and have gnome and kde installed. I like the ui of gnome, but the apps of kde and I have wanted to test out xfce for awhile...[/offtopic]

koopa
06-15-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm going to install xubuntu on my laptop once term is over and my thesis done. Until then, I'll make the builds off university linux machines ... that explains the delays.

Deviance
06-17-2007, 05:52 PM
Lol beat you to it. Yes there is a new build. Check shardstorm.

koopa
06-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Ubuntu rocks. Committing another linux build right now ... I think you'll be able to expect future ones regularly, that's at least weekly.

Deviance
06-18-2007, 02:39 PM
:o No fair I was going to build a new one today lol. Well I still got to release ZCL 1.5 Linux while I'm under linux :p