PDA

View Full Version : Scripts and Custom Items/Enemies

HeroOfFire
05-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Before custom items and enemies, ZScript simply had lists of all the Enemies and Items in a header file. With custom items and enemies, will ZScript be able to work with them? Two examples:

Item: A screen that damages Link if he doesn't have an item. Link shouldn't be able to breathe underwater by default. I want to have a Lv2 Flippers that are functionally the same as the basic flippers, but are used for the underwater 'drowning' scripts. The L2 Flippers would have to be a custom item.

Enemy: A script that looks for all the enemies of a certain type and gradually heals them. The enemies the script looks for would be custom.

I'm certain something has been already planned for custom items/enemies, but I just wanted to make sure (or even find out if ZScript can already do this).

Master_of_Power
05-25-2007, 06:46 PM
all enemies and items are numbered, thus, it should still work, however, don't quote me on that

C-Dawg
05-25-2007, 07:36 PM
You can already do this with FFC scripts, champ.

DarkDragon
05-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Except the latter script; I don't believe there's a way to get the enemy ID of an enemy on the screen, because that information is erased when an enemy is created. That'll need to be added eventually.

Also, note that the IDs in std.zh are the default ids of items and enemies; if you change them around in the item or enemy editor, you'll need to adjust your scripts accordingly.

C-Dawg
05-26-2007, 03:25 AM
Well, you can't get the enemy ID of an enemy you put in the screen using the editor, but you CAN just make a script that spawns the enemies for you. Then keeping track of which one is at low health / dying should be very possible.