PDA

View Full Version : Hero Of Elements Official Release

HeroOfFire
05-25-2007, 06:14 PM
At long last, here is the final, official version of HeroOfElements:
http://rapidshare.com/files/34704080/HeroOfElements.qst.html
6-01-07 Edit Note: Fixed a few minor graphics bugs, no change to gameplay.

Special Thanks to all those who made the tilesets, the music, and the engine that made the quest possible and the five beta testers. Also special thanks to elise for posting links to this quest for those who couldn't use rapidshare and posting about it on the Zelda Classic Forums, where most of the beta testers were. Thanks is given to all those people in the credits at the end of the game.

For those new to this quest, it is a 2.10 quest and likely will have problems if played on the betas or builds.

For those who beta tested, a few changes: Potential bugs from unwanted secret combos removed, countless tile warps and side warps checked, an additional hole to keep players out of Level 5 without the 'ladder', and modified text when you rescue Zelda.

There should be very few, if any, bugs remaining, but let me know if you find anything a little...awkward. I'll be releasing this quest on PureZC soon, and I want this thread to be used for help on the quest and any bug reports.

I'll be working on two future variations of this quest: A Second Quest Version (simply more difficult) and a 2.5 version (implementing the newer engine features). If you think there is anything I could change for either of these variations, let me know here. Thanks, and enjoy the quest!

ms_zelda_lady
05-26-2007, 01:36 PM
I'm stuck trying to figure out how to get to the boss in the Light Dungeon. I have the boss key and I can see the door to the boss but I can figure out how to get to the other side of the wall. I tried walking thru the wall and bombing the wall in the room to the right but nothing works. I hear a ding in the room where the boss door is but can't figure out what to do next. If you don't want to let everyone know what the secret is please will you pm me with the solution?
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

HeroOfFire
05-26-2007, 05:04 PM
You're doing the right thing. Just remember you don't walk through a wall immedietley. Keep pushing and you'll eventually walk 'over' the wall (tileset flaw). The treasure chest has the sound because of how I made it and the pots both have apparently different undercombos. When I first started on the quest, I wasn't making treasure chests correctly and used strike combos and layers instead. A few chests in the early dungeons still use this techniue due to the undercombo getting used by something else (such as pushblocks).

Since this is a huge quest (four full overworlds and another 75% sized overworld), I'll try to get some overworld maps soon.

ms_zelda_lady
05-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks HeroOfFire for the hint but I've gone back and still can't figure out where I'm supposed to be walking to get to the other side.
ms_zelda_lady

Crackers
05-27-2007, 11:30 PM
I can't seem to download your quest. I keep timing out. Is there another way I can' get your file?

diannew
05-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Level 1 was very interesting. Got it without clues but where in the heck is level 2? The warp sends me to water world. Please help.

Dianne

diannew
05-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Level 1 was very interesting. Got it without clues but where in the heck is level 2? The warp sends me to water world. Please help.

Dianne

Never mind, I found level 2.

catfriedrice
05-30-2007, 12:13 AM
I've gotten through 2 (no triforce piece? hmmm)

there's no map. I wish you have put the map option in (where you hit a key and a big map pops up. I haven't gotten it to work if you did set it up).

The hints feel cryptic. There was one that said the bow was "at the edge of town", yet I really haven't found a "town".

Your dungeon design does make up for it though.

HeroOfFire
06-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I heard bad things about the map option activating secrets, so I stayed away from it. However, I found no problems when I used it for the following maps, so I might add it in the future.

Here are most of the overworld maps (1 left out intentionally)

Starting Overworld
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/HeroOfFire/EnthrarelMap.png

Earth Overworld
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/HeroOfFire/EarthHyruleMap.png

Air Overworld
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/HeroOfFire/AirHyruleMap.png

Water Overworld
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w246/HeroOfFire/WaterHyruleMap.png

The Fire Overworld isn't important until Level 9. I'll post that map later. I'll also eventually list what major items are on each overworld, in case you can't find them.

WARNING: These maps show screens with secrets triggered. Some screens look significantly different if the secrets have not been triggered, so don't think these maps are wrong if the screen doesn't match up initially.

Minor update note: While making the maps, I found a few graphical bugs. Nothing effected gameplay, but I needed to fix them anyway. The link has been updated appropratley.

Sephiroth
06-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Just a quick bug, there's a bad undercombo near the Light Dungeon's enterance, where the Armos are. (Touch one to make it come to life, and watch as a black square is left behind)

diannew
06-05-2007, 10:37 AM
COLOR="YellowGreen"]I've gotten through 2 (no triforce piece? hmmm)

I got through with the raft but no triforce piece as well. There are rooms I can't access so I'm assuming that's where the triforce is. I'd appreciate hints.

Thanks

stigmata242
06-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I've also made it through 2 and was wondering about the Triforce piece. For the life of me though. I can't find the bow or the entrance to level 3. Anyone found it yet?

Questions
06-05-2007, 10:18 PM
Where do I go after Level 1? Everywhere is a dead end.

stigmata242
06-11-2007, 10:16 AM
Where do I go after Level 1? Everywhere is a dead end.

If I remember correctly, you go back down to where the warp was that took you from the desert area. One screen above that, there's a passage to the right. You can now use your boomerang to hit the vines that are blocking the path and go back there.

stigmata242
06-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Has anyone found the entrance to level 3 or the bow yet? I still haven't had any luck...

HeroOfFire
08-24-2007, 01:37 AM
It's been a while, and in working on the 2.5 remake of this quest and testing the latest builds for 2.10 quest compatability, I found a few really hidden bugs. Plus, Rapidshare might have deleted this quest by now, so here is a new link with (hopefully) the final version of this quest. No gameplay changes were made, so you will not lose progress.

http://rapidshare.com/files/50928308/HeroOfElements.qst.html