PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations on a DS hacking device.

Kairyu
05-24-2007, 10:03 PM
'Sup. So I wanna get Diamond/Pearl for the DS. But I think the Shinnou/National 'Dex requirements are stupid and I wanna start with a Cubone instead of not getting one until more than halfway through the game (for a welcome change of pace). So I'm hoping to get a 1337 H4><><0RZ device to bypass said requirement. Last time I purchased such a device was a Gameshark for the GBC (for a similar purpose, in fact), and as such I'm a little out of date.

What is the hacking device of choice for the modern-day DS user? I mostly hear about people hacking using Action Replay, but I don't know what's good and what's not.

Like I said, I'm not interested in cheating online for a win record or anything (win records on NDS Wi-Fi mean absolutely nothing already because of people abusing cheating devices), I just wanna use some of my favorite Pokemon in D/P without beating half the game.

Thanks in advance.

MottZilla
05-24-2007, 11:47 PM
Action Replay is available for NDS, you could possibly use that. Also if there is any device that lets you take the save game from your ds card onto you PC there are save hacking utilities. Also you have your piracy devices (M3 Adapter, SuperCard, etc.) which will easily let you alter your save files. You should lookup datel's action replay first.

Tygore
05-25-2007, 04:33 AM
If you want, I'll just trade you an appropriately leveled Cubone once you unlock WiFi trading- from what I've heard, you don't need the national Dex to receive outside Pokemon via trade. This is only if Pokemon is your primary reason and would rather I do this than you spend $35-ish, mind you.

AlexMax
05-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Once you get to a certain point in the game, you can access a Wifi trading center where you can trade damn near anything for damn near anything else. Use that.

Also, from what I understand, the Wifi service can filter out spawned and hacked pokes, and I guarentee you that you're eventually going to 'forget' about where you got the thing from and you're going to lose it somehow.