PDA

View Full Version : I gots me a Micro!

mrz84
05-21-2007, 10:40 AM
The other day I was at Wal-Mart and on a half impulse, I bought a Gameboy Micro (mainly cause I wanted a GBA SP, but was short on cash) and I've picked up Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga as well. Anyways, I am content. Now if only I could find Metroid Zero Mission and Sigma Star Saga.....

MottZilla
05-21-2007, 02:51 PM
My biggest complaint against the Micro is that it lacks GB/GBC support. Otehrwise the Micro is nifty. You definitely need Metroid Zero Mission. Best GBA game EVER. ;o

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Sigma Star Saga.....

I have that game. Believe me, you don't want to waste money on it, as it's strictly a mediocre title.

mrz84
05-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Mottzilla: I have to agree that Zero Mission is the best GBA game ever and that I'm miffed at the lack of GB/GBC support as well as a lack of Gamecube connectivity.

DarkDragoonX: I must disagree. I've tried it and loved it. I normally don't go for side-scrolling shooters, but this one caught my interest. :kitty:

Brasel
05-21-2007, 11:55 PM
My micro steadily grew on me. I had traded one of my DS's in for a PSP and my wife had been playing with our remaining one at the time so I bought a micro for my field problem to play FFV and FFVI Advance. I really like mine, its small and non-descript, and most senior army personnel think its something to analyze my network when they see it.

DarkDragoonX
05-22-2007, 02:11 AM
I must disagree. I've tried it and loved it. I normally don't go for side-scrolling shooters, but this one caught my interest.

To each his own, I suppose.

Now, don't get me wrong,t he game wasn't ALL bad. The story was decent and the visuals were great. I suspect that the shooter part of the game is where our opinions diverge.

You mention that you normally don't go for side-scrolling shooters. That's probably the big thing right there. The shooter sequences are quite easy, and ou can get a powerful weapon good enough to carry you through the rest of the game very early on. That makes it really easy to get into for someone who isn't a big fan of the shooter genre.

Me, I love SHUMPS. Can't get enough. Gradius? Been there. Darius? Done that. Thunderforce? Bought the T-shirt. U.N. Squadron, Carrier Air Wing, Xevious, etc, etc. Newer PC freeware/trialware games such as Perfect Cherry Blossom, noiz2sa, rrootage, Mogura and their ilk have all fallen before the might of my guns. I can finish Gigawing on a single credit. I have successfully completed Recca.

For a big shmup fan, the shooter sequences in Sigma Star Saga are slow-paced, simplistic, repetitive, and absurdly easy. Every time I got into a random encounter, I groaned at the thought of another mind-numbing shooter sequence.

The character development and plot are pretty good. The graphics are great. But the shooter sequences are terrible. Now, for someone like you, who isn't jaded by playing basically every shmup known to mankind, I can see how it could be fun.

Darth Marsden
05-22-2007, 05:00 AM
...most senior army personnel think its something to analyze my network when they see it.
Genius!

Another vote of confidence for Metroid: Zero Mission. Great fun, except for that last bloody energy tank which is so impossible to get I just want to scream AUGH! ...but yeah, it's a good 'un.

mrz84
05-22-2007, 08:51 AM
Genius!

Another vote of confidence for Metroid: Zero Mission. Great fun, except for that last bloody energy tank which is so impossible to get I just want to scream AUGH! ...but yeah, it's a good 'un.

Which one is that? I remember getting all of them on the game a friend let me borrow for a bit (with his own GBA before I got my Micro btw) and didn't have much trouble from what I remember. Then again, the Metroid games are my favs adn I don't have that much trouble figuring out how to get something (though there is the rare occassion I have to turn to gamefaqs when I can't).
:kitty:

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-22-2007, 11:20 AM
Mr Z, have you tried the internet? You'll almost certainly never find a copy in stores these days, but if you watch the web for long enough, you'll probably come across it for a reasonable price.

Aha! Try this: Metroid Zero Mission (http://gamespy.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=1926038/search=metroid%20zero%20mission)

Gamespy's price comparison searching is usually how I locate my deals. This is about as good as you're going to get, pal.

Darth Marsden
05-23-2007, 04:44 AM
The energy tank I cannot do is right before the final boss (Metal Ridley) - you have to spin-jump around a bunch of alarm lasers, and it's freakin' impossible. Although apparently it's not - I'll have to try this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bPmBL7fb-4).

vegeta1215
05-23-2007, 06:58 AM
The energy tank I cannot do is right before the final boss (Metal Ridley) - you have to spin-jump around a bunch of alarm lasers, and it's freakin' impossible. Although apparently it's not - I'll have to try this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bPmBL7fb-4).

I remember that one. It was a pain - you have to be very precise to do it. I finally did after a few tries. To me, there were two missile expansions in Norfair that were even worse. They are at total opposite ends on the map (one in the east, one in the west) around Ridley's room.

Darth Marsden
05-23-2007, 08:40 AM
Oh god, I remember those. Evil, some of those expansions, pure evil.

mrz84
05-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Mr Z, have you tried the internet? You'll almost certainly never find a copy in stores these days, but if you watch the web for long enough, you'll probably come across it for a reasonable price.

Aha! Try this: Metroid Zero Mission (http://gamespy.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=1926038/search=metroid%20zero%20mission)

Gamespy's price comparison searching is usually how I locate my deals. This is about as good as you're going to get, pal.

Oh, I looked. I just wanted to see if I could find one of the net first.

Oh god, I remember those. Evil, some of those expansions, pure evil.

Some of them did seem like that. THough I did manage with patience. :kitty: