PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

moocow
05-21-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm just really bored at work. Here's a thread of absoluetly no substance for you.

Now give me some replies of equal amounts of substance.

mrz84
05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I bored as well. I'm killing time at my library until I can get my new glasses. :kitty:

Master Ghaleon
05-21-2007, 10:25 AM
Getting ready to goto work soon, so I am here on my cmputer til then :P

mrz84
05-21-2007, 10:36 AM
I just realized that even if I use the full amount of pc time the library allows, I'll stil be short a 30-45 minutes before the glasses guy shows up at Wal-Mart.....

Masamune
05-21-2007, 11:15 AM
I'm in history class with a shitty headache. :|

moocow
05-21-2007, 11:49 AM
I just realized that even if I use the full amount of pc time the library allows, I'll stil be short a 30-45 minutes before the glasses guy shows up at Wal-Mart.....

Dude, that sucks :(

I have a paper cut on my left thumb, and a weird white bump on my right thumb that kind of hurts... It's like a pimple, but not. I wonder if I'm getting a wart...

Glenn the Great
05-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Me personally, I'm getting ready to go to school in an hour.

Beldaran
05-21-2007, 12:49 PM
I got a summer job at Taco Bell beacuse I needed an extra $1000. This is depressing beacuse:

a) I am studying engineering
b) my last job was "Contract Software Engineer" and paid a lot more and
c) I am 25 years old.

Oh well. :(

Beldaran
05-21-2007, 12:49 PM
I got a summer job at Taco Bell beacuse I needed an extra $1000. This is depressing beacuse:

c) I am 25 years old.

moocow
05-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Taco Bell... you know, there's worse jobs out there. You could be wearing a chicken costume and dancing on the main road in your town. (Not that I'd know...)

phattonez
05-21-2007, 02:57 PM
Don't you hate songs where you can't understand what they're singing about?

Yoshiman
05-21-2007, 03:16 PM
I should be doing my final project for Economics, but instead I'm going to play Halo 2 for a bit.

moocow
05-21-2007, 03:28 PM

Yes!

And then you look up the lyrics and you think, "What a pointless piece of shit."

Lilith
05-21-2007, 03:48 PM
I hate it when you think the lyrics are different, and then you look up the actual lyrics and the lyrics you imagined are cooler than the real ones.

Pineconn lolz
05-21-2007, 03:49 PM
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ..............

Thats a lot of dots.
And to bring up an point, you people are still annoyingly hypocritical.

Cloral
05-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Cars go by fast on the freeway outside my office window...

biggiy05
05-21-2007, 03:54 PM
I just went for a long ass drive to downtown Columbus then to Whitehall and my disability pay still hasn't kicked back in. Between my doctor's secretary and my union's plan office I don't know who to smack first.

Thats a lot of dots.

:rolleyes:

Pineconn lolz
05-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I just went for a long ass to downtown Columbus

hmmm. Might want to check your sentence there.

moocow
05-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Eh? How do you figure?

Don't be trollin up my pointless thread, noob.

Beldaran
05-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Please don't quote pineconlolz. I have him on ignore and I really enjoy not being able to see anything he posts.

Cloral
05-21-2007, 05:06 PM
Wow, I forgot you could do that.

Masamune
05-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Please don't quote pineconlolz. I have him on ignore and I really enjoy not being able to see anything he posts.

That's a great fucking idea. Seeing that avatar confuses the shit out of me whenever he and whoever he copied it from post next to eachother. Also, my headache went away, and I'm listening to the new Modest Mouse album. It's fantastic.

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2007, 05:25 PM
I just had a thought
Maybe I'll write a haiku
But then I ruined it by adding way too many syllables at the end

Aegix Drakan
05-21-2007, 06:23 PM

*pauses the Japanese Anime music playing from the PC*

What now? It sometimes adds to the whole experience, I find.

but...I do agree with Lilith. I HATE it when I think I know the lyrics, and then I find out that the REAL lyrics aren't really good. >_<

Mitsukara
05-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Unusual things I value highly in some fashion:

AI Love You (manga). Good, entertaining, cool main characters, underrated, got to see my favorite artist's art style developing from his earliest days up into the cool stuff like he does now. That's just cool.

Tremors movies and TV show. All four movies were very entertaining and humorous, and aside from a few stupid bits the show was pretty good. The character development of Burt was surprisingly good and I really liked him, which is surprising considering at first glance he seems like a crazy redneck conservative guy. One gets the feeling he's actually very tolerant, at that- he has an interesting sort of moral view. He's just all about survival- it's what he does. Pretty cool story if you really think about it.

Andromeda (also known as "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda", but that's stupid considering that only a small part of the concept is based on his work at all- lead writer Robert Hewitt Wolfe confirmed such himself. It's like taking one character out of the Silmarillion, developing a new universe and storyline andoother characters, and calling the final produt "J.R.R. Tolkien's"). The show went to hell in a handbasket in season 2 when the lead writer was fired and the show became a nonsense action fantasy that felt like a sad attempt to mimic Hercules (only in space!), but in the first year and a half, it was awesome. Interesting concept, nice ambitious universe, Aliens never had human flesh tone that I recall (and they tried to do real suits and such a lot, what with the Than, Magog, Consensus of Parts, and others). If they did look human, typically it was because they were modified humans (Nietzchians being the prime example). The plot was paced well and had a nice degree of continuity for it's episodic format, with very visible character development and references to things that had happened previously and consequences of events in previous episodes. The story was interesting AND it was well told. That's win right there. Too bad it never got to finish telling it's story (though it can be found here (http://www.rhwolfe.com/Insider%20Info.htm) in the form of "Andromeda: Coda", a script-format one-scene explanation that RHW wrote himself).

Tentacle hentai apparently. Looooooool.

Zelda and Mario CD-i games. Yeah they're crap, but they're hilarious and bring a little bit of joy and entertainment in a way they were never intended to. Link's radical voice, huge bouncing hair, and fiercely chiseled mug adds up to serious badassery.

American cheese. It's terrible with most food (although it works on say, McDonald's cheeseburgers), but good on it's own. Crazy.

Easy cheese. It's awesome. But what happened to Bacon N Cheddar falvor Easy Cheese? I haven't seen any in stores in years, yet it's still listed on the back of the cans like it, y'know, exists.

Totino's pizza. Cheapcheapcheap but somehow I like it as it's own alternative thing, like given a choice I might actually want this instead of Red Baron for some variety. Not bad, that.

I love the power glove. It's so bad. I actually own one but I never have hooked it up to see if it even sort of works, because for a long time I had no idea what all the sticks and sensors and crap were for/how to use them.

The SNES Super Scope. I love the thing, it's just so cool and funny and awesome filled. But I tend to wield it like a machine gun rather than a bazooka (it's a bazooka that's like, little kid scaled, and I'm 5'11"). That works great in Yoshi's Safari though. Imagine Mario riding along on Yoshi, mowing down goombas and koopas with his lazer turbo-shot machine gun. No more of that running and jumping and dodging crap for him!

The Virtual Boy. It's really a very interesting and unique experience as videogame technology goes, and Wario Land and Mario Clash and Mario Tennis are all pretty fun. I'm sad that it never had better development; even it's main Mario Land title fell through. I would've liked to see what it could do with proper mainstream development, and I seriously hope Nintendo revisits this concept in some form (as they arguably have the Power Glove- come on, a motion sensitive controller where you aim by hand, swinging your arm around to control the gameplay?...)

Acid wash denim. It's totally radical. It rules!

Normal things people love and I don't, and like to rant and bitch about:

Onions. Onion powder mixed into stuff can be okay, and I love sour cream and onion potato chips, but onion pieces are just goddamn nasty, it literally makes me gag. Why do people put these in so much food? I guess onions have a sort of nice flavor to add to certain things... but only if it's combined right. Concentrated onion flavor tastes like puke ass.

The new Battlestar Galactica show. Depressing anghsty shit that resembles platoon or full metal jacket (from what I know about them; might be a bad comparison considering I've never actually sat through them). "O noes, our mysteriously not advanced yet faster than light spacefaring civilization has been destroyed by death robots we made, abused, and thought we got rid of! But wait, we've got a plan! Let's be incredibly selfish, hateful, psychopathic bitches to each other for no reason, preferably when unprovoked! Yeah, like, let's lie to each other constantly, hate each other, be more prejudiced and hypocritic than a politically charged televagelist, and generally be completely inhuman assholes so we can kill each other off before the equally demented (and stupidly human to the point of being completely unoriginal as "robots" or AI of any kind, only utilizing that as an excuse for them to have unusual capabilities like a bunch of duplicates or being able to revive when killed)- Cylons even get the chance. If you disagree and try to be nice we'll probably just throw you out the airlock or you'll get hit by stray fire. It'll rock." Right. Awesome show, what ever was I thinking?

Terminator movies. Experimental artificial intelligence system decides to exterminate all of humanity for no clear reason as if this were a 60s Outer Limits episode, destroys world, humans fight, it's a bloody war, and a lot of time travel is thrown in that ultimately accomplishes nothing and thus only ruined life for certain people in the 80s and 90s too. And then, after we thought we'd fixed everything, shit goes wrong basically the same way for no other reason than "o gee, guess it's fate lolz". Meanwhile most of the action resembles a slasher horror film, only with robots and explosions. Awesome.

Toenails. I've grown to appreciate actual bare feet; it can feel good, and I don't really mind most of the foot. But toenails are just fucking gross. Why are they even there? They're just ugly, nasty things that get sharp if not cared for and infected easily. You might argue it protects the foot, but from what? Doesn't seem to help when you drop a brick on your foot. If you didn't have them there the skin would be tougher and less sensitive anyway. They're just useless nasty crap. At least fingernails are useful.

On that line of thought, nail polish. Why would you want to decorate one of the ugliest parts of your body by painting it a bright color to show it off? I don't get it. Gloss, sure, but I've never really liked nail polish that much. Especially not on feet, obviously. I'm weird like that though.

Star Wars New Jedi Order books and all expanded universe material set afterwards. It's like new Battlestar Galactica, only with Star Wars. Chewbacca dies, one of Han and Leia's kids dies (for extra dramatic awesomeness, Han was already alienated with said kid BECAUSE CHEWBACCA DIED TO SAVE HIS LIFE. So Chewbacca died saving someone who led a miserable life for a few months and then died, so things could happen in the most horrific, painful, soul-shattering way possible. Han subsequently becomes a depressed alcoholic), another becomes a murderer and sith lord, everyone's alienated and at each other's throats- even Luke and Leia and Han- and Coruscant and the New Republic both bite the big one at the hands of uber death aliens. In the end the Imperial remnant- it's amazing it even stuck around 25 years, that's longer than the empire itself made it- merges with the smashed new republic, corrupts it, and hundreds of years later in Legacy, guess what, the Galactic Empire is still fucking things up. The whole thing takes a big crap on the rest of the Star Wars saga, a complete disgrace to the original trilogy and any significance the end of Return of the Jedi had. It also eliminates any sense of purpose most the EU books filling the space between ROTJ and the NJO had; clearly the feeling in stories like the Jedi Academy Trilogy was that while there were still problems, things were ultimately getting better, it was going somewhere, and the New Republic was important- it was what the whole war was for. But no, things turned out incredibly shitty in the end despite anyone's efforts. What a load of crap.

So yeah, random yet common substance from my brain.

Beldaran
05-21-2007, 09:29 PM
Terminator movies. Experimental artificial intelligence system decides to exterminate all of humanity for no clear reason as if this were a 60s Outer Limits episode, destroys world, humans fight, it's a bloody war, and a lot of time travel is thrown in that ultimately accomplishes nothing and thus only ruined life for certain people in the 80s and 90s too. And then, after we thought we'd fixed everything, shit goes wrong basically the same way for no other reason than "o gee, guess it's fate lolz". Meanwhile most of the action resembles a slasher horror film, only with robots and explosions. Awesome.

Many people, myself included, view Terminator 3 as a souless money grab whose plot is absolutely NOT canon. It was a fun movie, but it ruined the story line.

For many of us, Terminator ended with T2. Even James Cameron, who did not make T3, said he thought T3 was stupid from a plot perspective.

mrz84
05-21-2007, 10:49 PM
Tremors movies and TV show. All four movies were very entertaining and humorous, and aside from a few stupid bits the show was pretty good. The character development of Burt was surprisingly good and I really liked him, which is surprising considering at first glance he seems like a crazy redneck conservative guy. One gets the feeling he's actually very tolerant, at that- he has an interesting sort of moral view. He's just all about survival- it's what he does. Pretty cool story if you really think about it.

I couldn't get into that movie. It scared me almost to death as a child.

Tentacle hentai apparently. Looooooool

Hilarious. Simply hilarious.

Zelda and Mario CD-i games. Yeah they're crap, but they're hilarious and bring a little bit of joy and entertainment in a way they were never intended to. Link's radical voice, huge bouncing hair, and fiercely chiseled mug adds up to serious badassery.

I've tried to stay clear of anything cd-i related, but I did not know there were mario cd-i games. Now I only hope there were never any metroid cd-i games or I'll be disappointed with my favorite game heroine. Though I must now investigate this.

American cheese. It's terrible with most food (although it works on say, McDonald's cheeseburgers), but good on it's own. Crazy.

I concur.

Easy cheese. It's awesome. But what happened to Bacon N Cheddar falvor Easy Cheese? I haven't seen any in stores in years, yet it's still listed on the back of the cans like it, y'know, exists.

Again, I concur. I've not seen it for many moons.

Totino's pizza. Cheapcheapcheap but somehow I like it as it's own alternative thing, like given a choice I might actually want this instead of Red Baron for some variety. Not bad, that.

God, that pizza is good despite how cheap it is.

I love the power glove. It's so bad. I actually own one but I never have hooked it up to see if it even sort of works, because for a long time I had no idea what all the sticks and sensors and crap were for/how to use them.

I never saw a power glove up close. I've only seen pictures and such.

The SNES Super Scope. I love the thing, it's just so cool and funny and awesome filled. But I tend to wield it like a machine gun rather than a bazooka (it's a bazooka that's like, little kid scaled, and I'm 5'11"). That works great in Yoshi's Safari though. Imagine Mario riding along on Yoshi, mowing down goombas and koopas with his lazer turbo-shot machine gun. No more of that running and jumping and dodging crap for him!

Ok, those last sentences have to be the funniest thing to ever involve mario. EVER!

The Virtual Boy. It's really a very interesting and unique experience as videogame technology goes, and Wario Land and Mario Clash and Mario Tennis are all pretty fun. I'm sad that it never had better development; even it's main Mario Land title fell through. I would've liked to see what it could do with proper mainstream development, and I seriously hope Nintendo revisits this concept in some form (as they arguably have the Power Glove- come on, a motion sensitive controller where you aim by hand, swinging your arm around to control the gameplay?...)

I wanted to get and play that, but I never got the chance.

Normal things people love and I don't, and like to rant and bitch about:

Never finished watching the first two movies and haven't seen the 3rd.

Toenails. I've grown to appreciate actual bare feet; it can feel good, and I don't really mind most of the foot. But toenails are just fucking gross. Why are they even there? They're just ugly, nasty things that get sharp if not cared for and infected easily. You might argue it protects the foot, but from what? Doesn't seem to help when you drop a brick on your foot. If you didn't have them there the skin would be tougher and less sensitive anyway. They're just useless nasty crap. At least fingernails are useful.

Tis a mystery that may perhaps never be solved....or may be easily solve. I don't know. Look them up on google or wikipedia.

Star Wars New Jedi Order books and all expanded universe material set afterwards. It's like new Battlestar Galactica, only with Star Wars. Chewbacca dies, one of Han and Leia's kids dies (for extra dramatic awesomeness, Han was already alienated with said kid BECAUSE CHEWBACCA DIED TO SAVE HIS LIFE. So Chewbacca died saving someone who led a miserable life for a few months and then died, so things could happen in the most horrific, painful, soul-shattering way possible. Han subsequently becomes a depressed alcoholic), another becomes a murderer and sith lord, everyone's alienated and at each other's throats- even Luke and Leia and Han- and Coruscant and the New Republic both bite the big one at the hands of uber death aliens. In the end the Imperial remnant- it's amazing it even stuck around 25 years, that's longer than the empire itself made it- merges with the smashed new republic, corrupts it, and hundreds of years later in Legacy, guess what, the Galactic Empire is still fucking things up. The whole thing takes a big crap on the rest of the Star Wars saga, a complete disgrace to the original trilogy and any significance the end of Return of the Jedi had. It also eliminates any sense of purpose most the EU books filling the space between ROTJ and the NJO had; clearly the feeling in stories like the Jedi Academy Trilogy was that while there were still problems, things were ultimately getting better, it was going somewhere, and the New Republic was important- it was what the whole war was for. But no, things turned out incredibly shitty in the end despite anyone's efforts. What a load of crap.

Ok. Everything up to
So Chewbacca died saving someone who led a miserable life for a few months and then died, so things could happen in the most horrific, painful, soul-shattering way possible. I already knew about. Everything after it, I didn't. Now I know how the story goes. And now I'm kinda disappointed.

So yeah, random yet common substance from my brain.

:kitty:

Mitsukara
05-21-2007, 11:04 PM
For many of us, Terminator ended with T2. Even James Cameron, who did not make T3, said he thought T3 was stupid from a plot perspective.

Whoa! Separate writers... all is explained.

As I just posted elsewhere before checking this thread, I don't truly hate Terminator 1 and 2... I might have been overly vicious. But I don't really like them either. Arnold's cool, but the rest of it- especially all the action- comes off as boring tp ,e and I don't like the general storyline idea. Not my kind of thing. Different tastes for different people.

I already knew about. Everything after it, I didn't. Now I know how the story goes. And now I'm kinda disappointed.
Sorry. Spoilers abound there. However, I like to have a bit of a big red warning sign when godawful shit like that happens in a story. It tells me I don't have to read it. XD

I've tried to stay clear of anything cd-i related, but I did not know there were mario cd-i games. Now I only hope there were never any metroid cd-i games or I'll be disappointed with my favorite game heroine. Though I must now investigate this.
The Nintendo liscense-using CD-i games are as follows:

Link: The Faces of Evil
Zelda: the Wand of Gamelon
Both of these are sidescroller "puzzle" games which are pretty bad and have hilariously awful cut scene work. I really recommend looking up the intro to at least one of them (Wand of Gamelon is a bit more famous I think, but they're about equal in humour).

Hotel Mario
A funny little screen-by-screen game where Mario runs around on different levels of platforms with elevators trying to dodge or jump on enemies and close doors or something. Kinda weird. But the cut scenes seem to have been made by the Zelda guys, and so are hilariously bad. They TRIED to mimic SMBSS, but still failed hard.

Zelda's Adventure
A game which attempts to use semi-FMV sprites and way too much dialogue and superimposure+photographs for various graphics. The end result looks hard to play and has load times on EVERY SINGLE SCREEN. This game is nearly impossible to obtain though, due to not being emulated successfully (that I know of) and real copies being uber rare.

I feel a bit apologetic about my statements on Terminator. Sorry about that. Most of my feelings come from how very bad Terminator 3 was, how much I hated it. To be honest it's been three years since I watched the other two, actually, so I might feel differently if I saw them freshly.

However, my judgements stand on Galactica and Star Wars NJO. Simply horrible. I've seen more than enough of Galactica and research on the NJO is enough to make me not want to try them.

Beldaran
05-21-2007, 11:09 PM
I just love robots. :)

Brasel
05-21-2007, 11:52 PM
I fucking hate privates. I hate teenagers that are privates. Having soldiers under you that are under the age of twenty is so much like having your own kids. You have to make sure they get up in the morning for work, you have to make sure they get fed, you have to make sure they have all their equipment so they don't get charged for losing it...I'm sick of them not listening to me and the other NCO's in my platoon. I'm going to smoke the ever loving shit out of them tomorrow. (That means I'm going to make them do pushups until their arms fall off and abdominal excersizes until their guts explode, not literally of course.)

shadowboxer2007
05-22-2007, 04:03 AM
You are all so lame! What the F**K is a wrong with you all. If i ever see any of you in real life. I would very much bet the living hell out of you all. You all can't even say the same. You all act like f*ucking retards. Grow a back bone you fucking pussies. I don't even see why you all come here. I come here to bug the shit out of you all. I like video games but I don't spend all my speare time on it. this site offers nothing that 100,000 other sites don't have.
Fuck ya am out!

Darth Marsden
05-22-2007, 05:32 AM
Yeah, make those little bastards pay!

Seriously? Sweet. Have you tried The Thrawn Trilogy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_trilogy)? First Star Wars books I ever read, and they kicked as much ass now as they did when I first read 'em.

I be bored because I have played every game, read every book, listened to every album and watched every DVD we have in the house that I would even remotely want to play/read/listen/watch. Lord, being unemployed is dull.

Glenn the Great
05-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Hehe, check this out people...

Lightningz sent me another failed attempt at a negrep in this topic, criticizing me for going to college.

"Why the hell do ya goto school? Get a fucken job low life."

Lilith
05-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I really hated T2. Apocalypse movies really bother me, and I can't figure out why because I really love post-apocalypse movies and similar things.

Yoshiman
05-22-2007, 03:28 PM

Lightningz sent me another failed attempt at a negrep in this topic, criticizing me for going to college.

Haha, he attempted to rep me, but saying that I should do my school work.

"do your school work are your be saying what frys with that"

Yes, I did work on my Econ project after I was done playing games. :p

moocow
05-22-2007, 03:43 PM

lmfao.

Oh, and here's mine:

"Get a life then you will not be so bord!!!!!"

I do have a life, just not when I'm at work, lol. I don't think I ever post here when I'm not at work o.O

Hahahaha.

Cloral
05-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm guessing that his rep is so low that when he leaves you negative rep it actually increases your reputation?

ShadowTiger
05-22-2007, 04:01 PM
I just feel so sad for some people sometimes. ._. It's like they have absolutely nothing to live for but to ghost around on a place they could never be liked...

*Cries a little bit*

What a world....

(Oh, plus the irony of him ghosting around the forums to tell people to do their work when he's ghosting around the forums.)

IRONY IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH.

EDIT: ... Okay I dun care.

Back to normal conversation. Yes, conversation. It'd be very nice to see a thread devoted to something between IRC chat and forum chat. A thread everyone can just remain in and idle in, and hit refresh every now and then to see what everyone else is saying. That would really liven things up a little. Threads like this very thread are a very powerful force in forums. Lets you know who's really paying attention to things.

Masamune
05-22-2007, 05:07 PM
So... 05-22-2007 06:11 am shadowboxer2007 you got a shitty face also but no one complains

Sometimes it takes shit like this to remind me of how awesome my life is.

Jigglysaint
05-22-2007, 05:23 PM
I hate it when you think the lyrics are different, and then you look up the actual lyrics and the lyrics you imagined are cooler than the real ones.

"I believe that, the hot dogs, go onnnnnnn!"

Pineconn lolz
05-22-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm dissapointed you people ignore me. I could always just make another account if the problem is that widespread.

But irregardless, my point is still valid, and you know it :)

moocow
05-22-2007, 07:43 PM
You could make another account, but that will just get you banned.

Also, I fail to see this "point" you keep saying that you've made.

biggiy05
05-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Moocow you smell of dirty socks and moldy grilled cheese sandwiches......what do you have to say about that? Huh stinky?

/random

Brasel
05-22-2007, 09:39 PM
I got a "all I got to say is fag".

My reputation for my post was even.

moocow
05-22-2007, 10:52 PM
Moocow you smell of dirty socks and moldy grilled cheese sandwiches......what do you have to say about that? Huh stinky?

/random

Oh yeah? Well you're a yellow bellied, butt scratchin, lint licker. So there.

biggiy05
05-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Oh yeah? Well you're a yellow bellied, butt scratchin, lint licker. So there.

The kids always made fun of my yellow belly during gym class....:(

Prrkitty
05-23-2007, 01:19 AM
You two crack me up! <lol> I needed a good laugh tonight. Mooie are you sure we can't bring back GB? ;)

Darth Marsden
05-23-2007, 04:30 AM
Bah, who needs GB? Screw you all, ya donkey-loving scrotum-sucking chicken-chewing dress-wearing hair-braided titty-twisting bottom-munchers. :D

And I've just remembered that Pineconn_lolz gave me non-rep during his infamous 'Pineconn is...' thread, which means I got rep from him WAY before any of you! Go me! <Does a little dance, Makes a little love, Gets down tonight>

Mitsukara
05-23-2007, 05:25 AM
Aww, no Lightning z fortune cookies for me on this thread.

Seriously? Sweet. Have you tried The Thrawn Trilogy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thrawn_trilogy)? First Star Wars books I ever read, and they kicked as much ass now as they did when I first read 'em.
Yesssssssss! The Thrawn Trilogy rocked. Fully worthy of the "Episode VII" billing many people like to give it. Everything aligned very nicely with the movies, Timothy Zahn seemed to really understand the characters and presented them well, nothing overly ridiculous occurred, and the original elements were very creative and interesting... Thrawn, C'baoth, Mara Jade, and even Talon Karrde were all very interesting. Nowhere else have I felt so at home with something called Sta Wars that wasn't the Original Trilogy itself... hell, I liked these books better than the prequel trilogy. I could kiss it's ass all day.

So far, I've read:

The Thrawn Trilogy: Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, The Last Command (see above- I'm thinking of rereading these sometime, incidentally)
The Courtship of Princess Leia (enjoyable but wonky in certain ways. Didn't feel like Star Wars so much as a wacky scifi romance comedy, but I guess it was fun)
Shadows of the Empire (interesting concept, boring execution, terrible writing. Why did 75% of all conversations in the book wind up trailing off while he paraphrased the gist into a couple narrative sentances? I sorta liked it, but it wound up being pretty dull really)
The Jedi Academy Trilogy: Jedi Search, Dark Apprentice, Champions of the Force (good story material, some neat ideas, progressed the storyline, but the "feel" was still off here. Parts of it were too contrived, felt insubstantial, and the character development could've done a bit better than it did- especially with Kyp Durron in the second book, and for some reason Daala was never interesting like she should've been- she felt like someone who'd twirl a moustache while snickering evilly, if only she had a moustache. Qwi Xux, on the other hand, was surprisingly fascinating to me. However, it was still very interesting material and I have to say I really liked them and consider them good Star Wars canon. They're best if you use your imagination a little bit while reading the book, try to picture it as a movie.)

Not sure what to read next. I'm curious to read some of Timothy Zahn's other Star Wars books (didn't he just release one set between ANH and ESB?); I rather liked his style, he was great at intrigue and subtlety (something the three things I've read since really lacked). My main interest is in the Original Trilogy and New Republic eras, so that's pretty much from A New Hope through, I'd say, Union (but first I want to see how they got there! Hopefully Mara's character development was explained in some books along the way a bit? Maybe those Hand of Thrawn books..) and Survivor's Quest.

I stop short of Vector Prime, the beginning of the NJO... I hate to be closed minded about something I've never experienced, but the factual information of the occurrences in the books is enough to make me want to bash my head into a wall just thinking about it. They just sound bad. Uberdrama has never done it for me.

I'm curious about Dark Empire (the storyline between the Thrawn Trilogy and Jedi Academy books) but really, the concept sounds pretty crappy. Palpatine cloned? Luke goes to the dark side and loses control of his mental faculties? The New Republic has friggin STAR DESTROYERS at it's disposal already? And "someone" in the empire has enough power to launch full-scale attacks of no finesse directly on Coruscant? Did they read the Thrawn Trilogy before writing this? :X But I still want to find it and give it a try. Hard to find trade paperbacks though.

So yeah, I'm sort of a picky Star Wars EU fan. Then again, everything I've read is from the early 90s so far...

And yes, I have a little bit of an action figure collection XD I even hunted up a Thrawn (they made one in 1998) on ebay.

Darth Marsden
05-23-2007, 05:32 AM
I've only read the first Dark Empire comic book adaptation, but it was still pretty good. Interesting story, great imagery... give it a try. You might be surprised.

Truth be told, I haven't read that many Star Wars novels. The problem is there's so bloody many. The thing with me is if I start one, I'll want to keep going and read more, so if I try a couple and like them, I'm going to want to read the whole freakin' series. And if you're unemployed and broke, that's not a good thing.

Besides, I'm in the middle of the non-Fleming Bond books, so until I finish all of those, nothing doing. ;)

moocow
05-23-2007, 07:06 AM
You two crack me up! <lol> I needed a good laugh tonight. Mooie are you sure we can't bring back GB? ;)

It's outta my hands, darlin :(

Sam Atoms
05-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Funny, I was re-reading its latest closure announcement just today.

On a completely unrelated note:

Los Angeles-San Fernando Valley Angels of Anaheim SUCK! Go Oakland A's!

koopa
05-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Jennifer, you must have a lot of time on your hands to write those long posts.

mrz84
05-23-2007, 10:46 AM
I've read almost all the Star Wars Novels via library. I've heavily considered hunting down the Thrawn Trilogy beause I loved that guy so much. His character was kickass. And he's a strategist to boot! Not to mention his skin color is blue (my fav color), not that it makes hims less human in my eyes. :kitty:

biggiy05
05-23-2007, 11:09 AM
The first person to go buy me this house will get a cookie....maybe even two.

Link (http://excellence3.ohio.remax.com/listings/ListingDetail_r4.aspx?LID=28076556#)

I love living in the country but where I'm at right now isn't far enough outside of town. That house comes with 5 acres, barn with 3 stalls for horses. Nice sized riding arena but I prefer the open trails and wow I want it.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/jawdrop.gif

Prrkitty
05-23-2007, 12:42 PM
It's outta my hands, darlin :(

I know hon... was just being silly. (hug)

Ya know biggiy... that same property if it was in Oregon would be probably over $1million <sigh>. Homes/land over here is VERY expensive <pout>.

Edit: can a Mod merge my two posts please... and thank you. Sorry y'all.

ZTC
05-23-2007, 02:31 PM

c) I am 25 years old.

at least you're making money, right? If it's a good crew, at least it'll be enjoyable (hopefully)

Aside from working with everyone at the local Taco Bell/PH Express, life sucks without the internet.

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
So, I was at work the other day, playing Mega Man ZX on my DS, and for some reason which I have forgotten, I walked away. I left my DS on the couch, but when I came back shortly thereafter, it was gone. We hunted around for it, my co-worker Dave and I, but couldn't find it. Until we did find it, and it was in the toilet. The games were fine, but the DS itself is not working anymore and it smells like pee, to boot.

The Thrawn Trilogy was the first set of EU books ever written. Timothy Zahn did a superb job, and out of all the EU books I've read, his were always the best. He also wrote a duo entitled "The Hand of Thrawn" (Spectre of the Past, Vision of the Future), which were also very very good. And more recently, he chronicled the beginning of Thrawn's story in the novel "Outbound Flight". I think there might have been one or two others somewhere, but I do not know of them offhand. I own the first five, and if you're lucky, you can probably locate them all in any decently large Barnes and Noble. Even after nearly fifteen years (first one was written in 1993, I think), they're still in print.

Lastly, never, ever teach your parents to play video games. Especially Animal Crossing.

moocow
05-23-2007, 02:56 PM
So, I was at work the other day, playing Mega Man ZX on my DS, and for some reason which I have forgotten, I walked away. I left my DS on the couch, but when I came back shortly thereafter, it was gone. We hunted around for it, my co-worker Dave and I, but couldn't find it. Until we did find it, and it was in the toilet. The games were fine, but the DS itself is not working anymore and it smells like pee, to boot.

Only you.... lol.

Beldaran
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
I don't take things out of the toilet to see what they smell like. Call it a personal policy.

Pineconn
05-23-2007, 05:10 PM
[Just for clarification, Pineconn_lolz stole my avatar (which was my favorite avatar ever), so for now, I believe I have solved the confusion.]

To get back "on topic" :rolleyes: ...

I remember that I dropped a Sonic the Hedgehog plush toy* in the toilet (and a puddle, and I also lost it in South Carolina during vacation, eventually finding it noseless buried in a sandbox... all when I was 3 years old). Of course, I still have it.

*A plush toy, not a doll... :D

The_Amaster
05-23-2007, 05:30 PM
This thread has a topic? O_o

Yeah, I lost my DS too. I used to take it to school, take it out in the morning, and play it and stuff. Than, the one day that I leave it in the backpack, it gets stolen. Life sucks like that.

Pineconn lolz
05-23-2007, 06:42 PM
Just for some extra clarification, Pineconn stole MY avatar, my favorite ever, and for now, I believe I have solved the confusion.

Sonic is cool.

The_Amaster
05-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Uh-huh. It's a good thing you quoted him exactly or I'd think you were serious.

Sonic rules. When compared to most other platformers, Sonic just...flows soo much better.

Pineconn
05-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Off-Topic Alert: Oh really? Name where that shot is taken in the game, then. In front of everyone.

(Before Prrkitty yells at me at that one, I'm taking it to the PM now.)

On topic:

I think that this thread's topic is off-topicness. But yeah, Sonic pwns Mario. But Zelda pwns Sonic. :D

Prrkitty
05-23-2007, 06:58 PM
<hug> you're safe Pineconn (the real one). :)

biggiy05
05-23-2007, 08:08 PM
<3 the ignore button!

Going on two months since my second surgery and I still can't laugh without squirming in pain after.

Aegix Drakan
05-23-2007, 08:24 PM
Wow...that really suck Biggiy...Must make your life horrible if you can't even laugh at the insanity of it all.

And DSG...0_o you found your DS in the TOILET? That's a pretty shitty thing for someone to do...

And it's weird. I spent so long wishing for summer vacation to start, and now...I'm bored out of my skull.

All my friends have full time jobs that demand their attention.
I can't get a job because I have to take 3 weeks of summer school + a 2 week family vacation to california. No place in their right mind would hire me anyway.

Soo...I'm stuck around the house doing random chores and games.

-_- meh.

Pineconn lolz
05-23-2007, 08:37 PM
That shot was taken in the sacred grove, which was the former location of the temple of time (I guess it kinda is still the ToT though...). And there is really no point in worrying about going OT. Don't tell me you're that wrapped up into this place :).

mrz84
05-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I think that this thread's topic is off-topicness. But yeah, Sonic pwns Mario. But Zelda pwns Sonic. :D

And Metroid pwns all three of them. :kitty:

Ya, finding something you own after it's gone missing and tampered with, sucks. I've had a good wallet or two and something nifty collectibles over the years "dissapear" becuase the middle of my younger brothers made friends with the wrong kind of people. :mad:

Masamune
05-23-2007, 10:07 PM
So uhhh... Some of my glass work will be in an art show tomorrow in Philly. :o

moocow
05-24-2007, 12:19 AM
I've been hearing sirens all night. Probably something to do with the tanker that crashed and burned earlier today...

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-24-2007, 12:28 AM
Well, the first thing I did after I found it was take it out of the toilet and rinse it off. It doesn't stink like pee, but there is a distinct odor eminating from within the unit. It's got those God forsaken Nintendo screws on everything except the battery compartment, so I can't open it up and dry it off. I never had much hope for getting it to work again, but it's an expensive piece of technology. If I don't have to spend $130 replace it, I won't. I can tolerate a little urine smell, considering my line of work.

I don't really blame the guy who did it, becuase he's 60, retarded, and blind in one eye. He probably just dropped it on accident. His fingers don't really bend properly, so it's hard for him to hold stuff.

Darth Marsden
05-24-2007, 04:51 AM
My Mum wants me to wash her car. Wash the car that I don't even use. If she were to ask my sister to do it, she'd just drive it to the local car-wash. Me, I don't drive, so it'd be hands-on with the bucket and sponge. No chance.

The cat has sat on the pile of laundry, meaning we now have to wash two pairs of underwear again because she sheds fur as much as I eat junk food. Which is a lot.

I must have bruised my eye or something taking out my contact lens yesterday, because it felt like there was something else on the eye and it was really painful. Not so much today, but I think it'll be a while before I can put the things in again.

I caved in and bought this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Hedgehog-Complete-REGION-NTSC/dp/B000M8N41W/ref=sr_1_1/203-2323964-7349565?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1179996109&sr=1-1) last week, and I'm still waiting for it. Shouldn't have bought it, I'm low on money as it is already, but I'm a sucker for 'Complete Series' boxsets and, to be honest, I just wanted to see the thing again.

Nobody responded to this picture (http://www.superdickery.com/images/other/13776_4_001.jpg), which is a shame, because I thought it was absolutely hilarious and there really is no story inside which could match the sheer awesomeness of the cover.

One of my fillings came out shortly after I got back from America and when I went to get it replaced, the dentist said that the tooth had pretty much gone, and if the temporary replacement he put in didn't last, he'd have to take the whole tooth out and place a crown on the surrounding teeth so he could bridge the gap.

I've developed a 'beer belly', which doesn't look good at all when you're skinny as an anorexic twig, and I don't seem to be able to shift it, no matter how much exercise I do. Stupid health issues.

...and that's pretty much me at the moment. How are you guys doing?

Glenn the Great
05-24-2007, 05:06 AM
Going on two months since my second surgery and I still can't laugh without squirming in pain after.

Note to dissidents:

If you wish to get revenge on Biggiy for perceived acts of hardassedness or dickery, one need only show him something funny.

biggiy05
05-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Note to dissidents:

If you wish to get revenge on Biggiy for perceived acts of hardassedness or dickery, one need only show him something funny.

OR I just close the window before I start laughing....

I've been hearing sirens all night. Probably something to do with the tanker that crashed and burned earlier today...

I don't think there was a news station in central Ohio that didn't cover that story. I could see the smoke from the fire station in Alexandria...damn.

cyberkitten
05-24-2007, 10:01 AM
I don't think there was a news station in central Ohio that didn't cover that story. I could see the smoke from the fire station in Alexandria...damn.

ugh, i was next to the damn thing when it happened. we heard the explosion inside the factory and getting home was a pain in the ass because an hour later emergency vehicles were still responding and traffic was teh suck. and to make it worse, i lost money on a bet, since i figured it was a meth lab exploding.

biggiy05
05-24-2007, 10:08 AM
ugh, i was next to the damn thing when it happened. we heard the explosion inside the factory and getting home was a pain in the ass because an hour later emergency vehicles were still responding and traffic was teh suck. and to make it worse, i lost money on a bet, since i figured it was a meth lab exploding.

Wouldn't surprise me if a lab went up in flames out there. I guess people were driving over the bridge after the tanker exploded for a few minutes until the first crews showed up. Talk about stupid.

moocow
05-24-2007, 10:44 AM
and to make it worse, i lost money on a bet, since i figured it was a meth lab exploding.

That wouldn't have suprised me, considering those low-income apartments are like, RIGHT THERE and they're full of meth heads and their little crack head kids. My older sister used to live there.

I was just getting home from work when it happened, and I didn't see anything on TV until late last night, so I missed the smoke. I'm sure I would have seen it, considering it's like, 4 miles from my house... Just wasn't looking for it.

Took Aaron home last night, and I heard/saw so many ambulences. This was between 10:30 and 11... Not sure if it had anything to do with the tanker or not.

Pineconn
05-24-2007, 09:27 PM
(Oh sure, Lolz, like you couldn't have asked your little brother who played the game... I'm done, all! Mods, tear down your wall!)

:)

Okay, yeah, I had a really bad day today like normal.

I don't think there was a news station in central Ohio that didn't cover that story. I could see the smoke from the fire station in Alexandria.

What now? I live in NE Ohio (Cortland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortland%2C_Ohio), for the record) and have never heard of it yet. Of course, you did say central Ohio...

Aegix Drakan
05-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Uhh...I seem so thave a problem...

>_> I whacked my pinky toe really bad a couple days ago, and I just noticed something. It's slightly more curved over than my other pinky now. Basically, even though I'm not bending it, it acts like I am! And I pretty damn sure I didn't break it, conidering I was able to bike that same day without too much pain..

I just don't get it...

*ahem* And now to the real dillemma (XD). My internet is messing up. Especially on Gamefaqs. It keeps me logged in on certain pages even though I'm suppossed to be logged out. Furthermore, the pages never update for me. I have the same pages as last week, even! I't happening on other sites as well. Luckily, this site doesn't do it, or I'd REALLY be in trouble...

@_@ so, yeah, I have two mondo problems...

three if you count the fact that I have a habit of buying some games on impulse...Just bought Clash of ninja 2 when I originally only wanted to get another memory card...

Mitsukara
05-25-2007, 03:18 AM
....like your face!

Sorry, just kidding XD Had to.

LOOOOOOOOOL Nazi comic book proganda. Less slap a jap, more spank a yank, eh? However, God is still superior to both the Allies and the Japinazis. So there!

Darth Marsden
05-25-2007, 03:45 AM
Maybe so, but is he better then... CHARLES BARKLEY?

http://www.superdickery.com/images/other/363379992761.jpg

Mitsukara
05-25-2007, 03:57 AM
Charles Barkley is my new hero. Perhaps he can stand up to God and Chuck Norris! I think the key to his power lay in his deformed shoulders- his upper arm looks to be curving very sharply below them, suggesting some kind of natural human shoulderpads. Plus he seems to be standing just fine with either half his left leg- pardon me, hoof- gone, or on fire- and his right hoof not really standing on anything so much as in a semi-jump Megaman sort of pose. Either way he doesn't look too worried, which speaks of what a badass he truly is. Then again, Godzilla seems to be sitting on a lump of flaming Tokyo.

Charles Barkley also has shockingly short forearms, so much so that at first I thought his hands were missing. That can't be good for slam dunks, but it seems to work for battling godzilla- after all, godzilla is pretty stubby himself.

Beldaran
05-25-2007, 05:25 AM
Charles Barkley only appears to float because the ground cowers in fear of him.

biggiy05
05-25-2007, 09:42 AM
What now? I live in NE Ohio (Cortland (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortland%2C_Ohio), for the record) and have never heard of it yet. Of course, you did say central Ohio...

Newark is like a blip on the map in Ohio. You go to Cincinnati and ask someone if they know where Newark is and they say huh? Hell I go to Columbus and nobody knows Johnstown even exists.

Link to story (http://10tv.com/?sec=news&story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200705/833550995.html)

Pineconn
05-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Same thing about Cortland. I'm surprised that we actually have our own Wikipedia page. :D

Charles Barkley is my new hero. Perhaps he can stand up to [...] Chuck Norris!

:p Don't talk crazy. Nobody can pwn Chuck Norris. Except... (I'll let someone fill in the blank right here.)

Pineconn lolz
05-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Thank you, P. You know why. BTW, wanna trade avatars, or do you wanna make me something similar? :D

Pineconn
05-25-2007, 11:29 PM
I don't care, I just want muh old avatar back, Mr. Laughz Out Loud! What do you want? (Technically, you're in no position to negotiate, but heck, I don't care right now.)

Beldaran
05-26-2007, 12:19 AM
Hey I know, let's make "avatar stealing" a bannable offense and then we can just ban he whose posts I cannot see.

moocow
05-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Hey I know, let's make "avatar stealing" a bannable offense and then we can just ban he whose posts I cannot see.

Great idea, Beld! Because the fighting over the avatar is REALLY old. And annoying. Mostly old.

Beldaran
05-26-2007, 04:01 AM
It's my understanding that Pineconn knows Pineconnlolz in real life correct?

Pineconn - why don't you just beat the fucking shit out of him? Jesus. If you don't want him to steal your avatar, just break his arms and shit on his face. Problem solved.

moocow
05-26-2007, 07:14 AM
It's my understanding that Pineconn knows Pineconnlolz in real life correct?

Pineconn - why don't you just beat the fucking shit out of him? Jesus. If you don't want him to steal your avatar, just break his arms and shit on his face. Problem solved.

Principal: "And, why did you beat your classmate to a bloody pulp?"

Pineconn: "Because he stole my MUTHA FUCKIN avatar on AGN."

Principal: ":odd:"

Pineconn: ":D"

Majora
05-26-2007, 08:05 AM
Off School Grounds works too.

Or I could beat him to a bloody pulp..... nothing a switchblade and a pipe can't fix.

Darth Marsden
05-26-2007, 09:35 AM
Ooo, are we beating someone up? Can I join in? I'll get my rusty crowbar!

Pineconn lolz
05-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Too bad Pineconn would be unable to beat me up. Sadly he's...*sniff* blind and in a wheelchair. But the avatar dispute will stop. we're actually going to trade avatars.

Majora
05-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Ooo, are we beating someone up? Can I join in? I'll get my rusty crowbar!

What School does Pineconn go to? I'm sure I can steal a car to get there.

If you wanna come Darth, it's gonna cost ya another story with me as the Hero AND Villain :P and 5 Bucks

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Ah, beating people up over pictures on the internet. This is the sort of grassroots activism I love to see.

So, last night on I-94 (southeast Michigan, folks), there's this semi that's hauling some giant beam or something. And it goes under an underpass that's too short. So the beam falls off. And obliterates the cab of another semi that was right next to/behind it.

At first, I saw the second trailer, but it didn't occur to me that the cab was beneath the massive piece of steel lying in the road. Needless to say, it was a fatal accident for the second driver.

The_Amaster
05-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Don'tcha hate it when that happens? I mean, who sees a tunnel, has a huge beam on top of their already tall truck, and doesn't stop to think "Wait...Am I too tall?" And I mean actually stop, because only a moron thinks "If it falls of, no-one will get hurt"

Yoshiman
05-26-2007, 08:42 PM
I saw a pirate in the mall today. Not just a black hat with skull and crossbones on it, but the whole getup. Tri-pointed hat, boots, even the Jack Sparrow-looking beard.

And related to pirates, there were pirate books in the business section of Borders.

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-26-2007, 10:00 PM
I went to see 28 Weeks Later thursday night, and as my friend and I were leaving the theater, we saw a whole band of pirates hanging out in the back of their pickups. The costumes were okay, and although I don't think the Black Pearl had a Hemi, they looked like they were having fun, and that's what matters.

Darth Marsden
05-28-2007, 05:30 AM

If you wanna come Darth, it's gonna cost ya another story with me as the Hero AND Villain :P and 5 Bucks
Woah woah woah... I am not paying that - far too much. I'll feature you in my next story in a fairly heroic manner, but that's as high as I'm gonna go. Take it or leave it.

Status Update! Don't you just love these?

My contact lens problem is no more - the problem was the lens I was having problems with actually split. Replaced it with a new one, and problem solved. Huzzah.

I've gone blonde again, only due to my pathetic application of the dye, my hair is blonde on the tips, orange in the middle and blonde again at the roots. It actually looks a lot better then it sounds. Not what I was aiming for, but I'm very happy with it, so yay me!

Still waiting for this (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonic-Hedgehog-Complete-REGION-NTSC/dp/B000M8N41W/ref=sr_1_1/203-2323964-7349565?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1179996109&sr=1-1) to be delivered. Bah!

I HAVE FINALLY FINISHED METROID: ZERO MISSION WITH 100&#37; ITEM COLLECTION. And it only took me 7:03 hours, apparently. I'm about halfway through Metroid Prime now, and god-damn if it's not good. Can't play it now though, 'cause it's sunny and I can't see the screen properly :(

I got paid &#163;20 for helping a family friend who's moving house, which may seem Ok to you, but all I really did was lug a few boxes around, so I don't feel like I deserve it. I think I'm gonna give half of it back - that way the friend feels like I'm a good person AND I get some moolah out of the deal. Win-win!

Still unemployed. :(

Pineconn
05-28-2007, 11:10 AM
If there's some kind of vote to create a no-avatar-stealing rule, count me in. And I don't think our principal would care if I beat his face in, considering I know the superintendent well and he would put in a good word for me.

Lakeview High School
300 Hillman Drive
Cortland, Ohio 44410

I got paid &#163;20 for helping a family friend who's moving house, which may seem Ok to you, but all I really did was lug a few boxes around, so I don't feel like I deserve it. I think I'm gonna give half of it back - that way the friend feels like I'm a good person AND I get some moolah out of the deal. Win-win!

Win-win? But you have less money! :(

The_Amaster
05-28-2007, 11:14 AM
Eh, 20 pounds is quite a bit.(At least, by my aproximaiton of dollars-to-pounds)(Yeah, I can't make the little L symbol)

I would vote for a "no avatar stealing rule". Partially because of lolz, but partly just as a good rule of courtesy.

Darth Marsden
05-28-2007, 03:57 PM
Dollars to pounds, it's about $36, give or take a dolla. All that for lugging a few boxes around? Didn't feel right. Anyway, I've spent &#163;10 and given the rest back, so it's done. My soul is cleansed, or whatever.

Another vote for the 'No Avatar Stealing' rule. It's kinda like stealing a little part of you that's unique, and it really doesn't feel very nice when it happens.

Pineconn lolz
05-28-2007, 08:34 PM
If there's some kind of vote to create a no-avatar-stealing rule, count me in. And I don't think our principal would care if I beat his face in, considering I know the superintendent well and he would put in a good word for me.

Lakeview High School
300 Hillman Drive
Cortland, Ohio 44410

You really are desperate to meet these people, aren't you?

Majora
05-28-2007, 08:36 PM
You really are desperate to meet these people, aren't you?

Pffft.... beats the hell out of meeting you. (but work is work)

EDIT: Question! Does your high School have a Track with a Baseball field right next to it?

biggiy05
05-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Another vote for banning people who steal avatars. Anything to get rid of him. Thank god for the ignore button.

Yoshiman
05-28-2007, 09:53 PM
I thought there used to be a rule against people having the same custom avatar back in the day? Maybe I misread the rules, I dunno.

Dechipher
05-28-2007, 10:29 PM
This thread is exactly the kind of pointless jackassery that AGN used to be a few years ago. Thank you mods for not closing this topic.

ShadowTiger
05-28-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm sure I may have done something to trigger it back in the day. I used to change my avatar literally every day. Now I'm lucky if I do it once every two weeks.

I do vote for the new rule. It might even be possible to modify a user to remove their avatar, or edit their individual permissions too.

This thread is exactly the kind of pointless jackassery that AGN used to be a few years ago. Thank you mods for not closing this topic.So very, very happily concurring right now. Thank you Dech.

Dechipher
05-28-2007, 11:23 PM
We could always just ban him and give him the Barney avatar...

moocow
05-29-2007, 01:00 AM
http://a95.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_a5d5632f3898f75b163f48ef1810c666.jpg

Fuckin a.

Darth Marsden
05-29-2007, 05:26 AM
This is what who looks like? Damn, I hate fonts like that. Ganita? What?

Prrkitty
05-29-2007, 06:13 AM
It says... This is what Gansta looks like. :) (as in gangsta)

ShadowTiger
05-29-2007, 08:50 AM
APPROVED kthx.

Totally hawt mooie. <3

moocow
05-29-2007, 10:46 AM
It says... This is what Gansta looks like. :) (as in gangsta)

Prr is the only person who's been able to read that, lol.

I'M A GANSTA.

It's an inside joke. A very stupid inside joke. Gansta. ahahaha. I love it.

I look like a fuckin retard, lmao.

Prrkitty
05-29-2007, 12:24 PM
LOL! And my eyes are bad... I have glasses I'm supposed to be wearing "all" the time. <blah> Sucks getting old.

Mooie - I thought you forgot the "g" ... <lol>

EDIT: Aaron loves you! You are NOT a retard young'un!!!!

moocow
05-29-2007, 01:00 PM
EDIT: Aaron loves you! You are NOT a retard young'un!!!!

This is true, he does love me. We're both little retards at heart... We spend a lot of time laughing at/with each other, lol.

Prrkitty
05-29-2007, 01:33 PM
That's just bein in love... the cutsy-fartsy kind ;) <giggle>

Pineconn
05-29-2007, 03:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that is much more wangsta' than gansta. ;)

EDIT: Question! Does your high School have a Track with a Baseball field right next to it?

Lucky guess? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/school.jpg)

Majora
05-29-2007, 06:35 PM
If I'm not mistaken, that is much more wangsta' than gansta. ;)

Lucky guess? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/school.jpg)

Nope. The Magic of Google Earth.

Pineconn
05-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Oh, that makes sense now. ;)

Wow, what a l053r. Pineconn_lolz got banned (:clap:), then re-registered as "George Lucas" and got... banned again. Speaking of which, I'm gonna miss Star Wars movies. I'm sure Darth Marsden will/does too. *points at his sig*

Darth Marsden
05-30-2007, 03:21 PM
Wait, what happened? I spend a day offline to convert downloaded Smallville episodes to DVD (they don't start showing it on UK TV until July - what's up with that?) and a whole bunch o' stuff happens. What... who... huh? Someone please explain what I missed.

I don't miss Star Wars movies. I've never even seen Episode III*. Besides, there (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/mikenichols_phantomedit/phantom.html) are (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/mikenichols_attack/attack.html) always (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/adm_SW_clonewars/adm_sw_clonewars.html) the (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/father&#37;20merirn_sw/ROTS.html) numerous (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/darthEd_anh/anh.html) fan (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/adm_SW5_se/adm_SW5_se.html) edits (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/adm_SW6_se1/adm_SW6_se.html), not to mention the forthcoming TV series. Both of them. There's life in the old girl yet. Make no mistake, George L will continue to pump it until he dies, and even then there'll be others who'll take his place. Oh yes, the pumping shall continue for a good many a millennium to come.

*Yeah, I know. Resident Star Wars fan hasn't even seen all the movies. Well once I've got re-edits of all the films, I'll grab me a 2-liter bottle o' Coke and watch the whole damn series.

mrz84
05-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Wait, what happened? I spend a day offline to convert downloaded Smallville episodes to DVD (they don't start showing it on UK TV until July - what's up with that?) and a whole bunch o' stuff happens. What... who... huh? Someone please explain what I missed.

I don't miss Star Wars movies. I've never even seen Episode III*. Besides, there (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/mikenichols_phantomedit/phantom.html) are (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/mikenichols_attack/attack.html) always (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/adm_SW_clonewars/adm_sw_clonewars.html) the (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/father&#37;20merirn_sw/ROTS.html) numerous (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/darthEd_anh/anh.html) fan (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/adm_SW5_se/adm_SW5_se.html) edits (http://www.fanedit.org/true_fanedits/adm_SW6_se1/adm_SW6_se.html), not to mention the forthcoming TV series. Both of them. There's life in the old girl yet. Make no mistake, George L will continue to pump it until he dies, and even then there'll be others who'll take his place. Oh yes, the pumping shall continue for a good many a millennium to come.

*Yeah, I know. Resident Star Wars fan hasn't even seen all the movies. Well once I've got re-edits of all the films, I'll grab me a 2-liter bottle o' Coke and watch the whole damn series.

I can see it now on his deathbed GL will say:"There is another..."
[random family member]Another what?
[GL]There is another...Star...Wars...Film...*dies*

Pineconn
05-30-2007, 04:00 PM

Pineconn_lolz was banned, he re-registered under the name of George Lucas, then he was banned again. Oh, and I reached 132n posts.

biggiy05
05-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Darth's long quote of junk
:D

Lolz made a new account and called him self George Lucas but didn't think about it very hard because he used the same ip address.

That was the excitement.

I loved Star Wars when I was younger and used to watch them all the time. I've seen 1, 2 and 3 and they weren't bad but I think the classics were better.As for Smallville it starts here in June sometime. Never watched it but thought about downloading the first season.

Today I bought a new chair....it turned into an adventure. First Chase turned my credit card off because they thought it was stolen since I put gas in my car then put gas in the Envoy and tried to buy my chair an hour later. Come home and start putting it together and it's almost done when I realize I put the wrong bolts in on one side. SON OF A BITCH! Take half of it apart then put it back together.

Now that I have my chair I don't wanna move. It's so comfortable!

mrz84
05-30-2007, 04:21 PM
:D

Lolz made a new account and called him self George Lucas but didn't think about it very hard because he used the same ip address.

That was the excitement.

I loved Star Wars when I was younger and used to watch them all the time. I've seen 1, 2 and 3 and they weren't bad but I think the classics were better.As for Smallville it starts here in June sometime. Never watched it but thought about downloading the first season.

Today I bought a new chair....it turned into an adventure. First Chase turned my credit card off because they thought it was stolen since I put gas in my car then put gas in the Envoy and tried to buy my chair an hour later. Come home and start putting it together and it's almost done when I realize I put the wrong bolts in on one side. SON OF A BITCH! Take half of it apart then put it back together.

Now that I have my chair I don't wanna move. It's so comfortable!

That must suck. About Smallville and the chair bolts that it. I got my new glasses today. After not having glasses to wear for two years, I fell disoriented. I almost died on Mario+Luigi :Super Star Saga because my eyes weren't used to the glasses yet. :kitty:

Pineconn
05-30-2007, 04:31 PM
Contacts = 1337 :D

Today, a kid (6th grader) on my bus got his iPod back from a kid that stole it on Friday. The retarded thing is that the kid was suspended for the rest of the school year... a whole 5 days. The the interesting part is that he is apparently going to court for having stolen about 30 iPods.

moocow
05-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Now this is a cool fuckin picture!

http://x49.xanga.com/0958221a26308125744033/w91112173.jpg

SUCCESSOR
05-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow are you that white? I think that image will be burned into my cornea(howthefuck sp?) for the next 72 hours.

moocow
05-30-2007, 09:18 PM
Nope, just messing with the saturation/levels :)

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Wow are you that white?

Don't you know that Mooie is the most famous Geisha in Ohio?

Mitsukara
05-30-2007, 11:08 PM
My opinions on what I've seen/experienced and how it goes...

Star Wars which is especially great:
VI: Return of the Jedi (badass + classic, the ending is awesome and was genuinely unexpected and very profound and just awesome. I still want to cry when I see it XD)
V: The Empire Strikes Back (badass + classic, there were no bad parts in the movie ANYWHERE. Everything was on and awesome developments, powerful and terrible, occurred which made it really interesting)
IV: A New Hope (badass + classic, not a lot to be said)
"IX": The Last Command (badass, great conclusion to a perfect continuation)
"VII": Heir to the Empire (badass, picks up wonderfully, so well that it's easy to forget while reading that it was 10 years after ROTJ and written by a different author)
"VIII": Dark Force Rising (badass too, but it's the middle where the least happens and it really sets up for the conclusion. The Noghri stuff was cool here, and I wouldn't have thought they could be so interesting as they really were; Talon Karrde was well fleshed out too, and this was the first time Han and Lando ever really worked together considering they didn't really in the movies at any point)
III: Revenge of the Sith (pretty badass, it has flaws but most of them are inherited from the other two prequels. What it added to the trilogy was done very well, and it handled what it had to do admirably. Anakin seemed far more understandable here, oddly, than his whiny emo butt did in episode II; funny considering this is when he did the mass murdering. A few parts didn't sit well with me though, upon examination)
Jedi Academy 3: Champions of the Force (pretty great, the trilogy really clicked here and felt like the next important chapter finally. The expository was done with and this book went straight for the throat of the plot, and it did well with that. This and the other two books in the trilogy seem much more impressive if I try to visualize them as actual movies, so as I've said, I think the ideas are good but the writing style took away from it.)

Star Wars which is not so great but was okay, descending best to worst:

Episode II: Attack of the Clones (Good in parts but had some seriously emo and lame "romance", and the plot was hard to follow because of how overdone the action sequences felt)
"V.5": Shadows of the Empire (Relatively good but ultimately not very substantial, the plot didn't really have much weight. The writing style was also pretty bad, with a "boring conversation anyway" syndrome destroying half of the would-be should-be dialogue of the book. Dash Rendar was kinda lame and has a cheesy name)
The Courtship of Princess Leia (Great in it's own way but wacky for Star Wars land)
Jedi Academy 1: Jedi Search (Had some virtues and carried on the story, but felt really hoary and uncreative a lot of the time. Kessel wasn't as interesting as it should've been, Jedi cantidates seemed to suddenly fall in everyone's laps, strange stuff like the umgullian blob races seemed to take the story out of focus, and Daala is a lame villain)
Episode I: The Phantom Menace (JarJar, a little bit hoary at times, the action sequences and humor felt very poor- even the fighter pilot bit was unneccesarily cheesy. I hated the entire pod race sequence, and the announcer was a more obnoxious character than JarJar. The politics should've been interesting but didn't explain themselves well to the audience and came off as boring. The ending was cheesy and unfulfilling. The gungans are terrible, especially JarJar and Boss Nass.)
Jedi Academy 2: Dark Apprentice (Kyp's turnabouts seem to happen for very little real reason and come off as very superficial, which is bad considering how emotional it should've been. The book can't take credit for introducing stuff as Jedi Search did. I appreciated that there was a second race introduced on the planet of the Mon Calamari and that they went there, but the planet could've used much more description than it got and came across very vaguely. Lando and Han's constant betting felt superficial and unrealistic of Han, and their relationship in general lacked a sense of realism. What was up with that whole stint of Jaina and Jacen getting lost in the underground?)

How many times can I go over the same subject? Indefinitely.

{DSG}DarkRaven
05-31-2007, 12:35 AM
How many times can I go over the same subject? Indefinately.

It's spelled, "indefinitely". And I agree with most of what you said, especially about episodes 1 and 2. The action was even okay for the most part, especially in AOTC, but wooden acting destroyed PM and lame romance/emo anakin destroyed AOTC.

Did you ever read the Hand of Thrawn Duo, also by Timothy Zahn? If you loved the Thrawn Trilogy as much as you claim, you'll definitely love those two.

Mitsukara
05-31-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm definitely planning to read them, but no, not yet. Everything I've read is on that list except for one and a half of the unfamous (u, not i) Lando Calrissian Trilogy: Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu and Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon (I've not touched Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of Thonboka yet). Those books were on some serious acid.

I'm tentatively planning to read something along the lines of:

Darksaber (maybe? do I need to read something before it? should I skip it?) > Corellian Trilogy (Ambush at Corellia, Assault at Selonia, Showdown at Centerpoint) > Hand of Thrawn duology (Specter of the Past, Vision of the Future) > Outbound Flight > Survivor's Quest

And finish the dreaded Lando books, and likely read both Han Solo trilogies (the old 70s one- Han Solo at Stars End, Han Solo and some other thing, and Han Solo and the Lost Legacy- and the one about Han's origins- The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, and Rebel Dawn) in there whenever I feel like it. And Dark Empire whenever I get my hands on a trade paperback/alternative. And I was so enamored of the Thrawn trilogy that I want to reread it- likely right before the Hand of Thrawn duology so it's fresh in my mind when they start referencing it.

Dechipher
05-31-2007, 03:31 AM
Roughly fifteen minutes before starting my job at 7-Eleven two weeks ago, I accidentally shit my pants while attempting to fart and was forced to return home and clean up before showing up to work, a half hour late, which caused me to get a "Good" under 'punctuality' on my trainee report, as opposed to "Excellent".

Darth Marsden
05-31-2007, 05:00 AM
And you admit to that? You got some big cajones, man.

I've started watching Smallville again from the very beginning. I'm surprised at how many of the 'freaks of the week' I recognize from other places. I'm also interested in how many times Clark reveals his abilities to said freaks, right before they get clobbered by the man himself. Hmm.

mrz84 - you were thinking about downloading it? Give it a try - you might be surprised.

mrz84
05-31-2007, 08:30 AM
Jen - I've read Darksaber. It was kinda lame, but you might like more than I did. I kinda liked the Corellian Trilogy. The Hand of Thrawn duo was very sweet. I never read the Lando books and feel that they're not that important for me to understand the character. Unless there's something in them that I should know. Meh. :kitty:

Darth M- Actually, I watch it every thursday. Unless I have to goto work. Sucks having a spasmatic work schedule. :sweat:

ShadowTiger
05-31-2007, 10:35 AM
Roughly fifteen minutes before starting my job at 7-Eleven two weeks ago, I accidentally shit my pants while attempting to fart and was forced to return home and clean up before showing up to work, a half hour late, which caused me to get a "Good" under 'punctuality' on my trainee report, as opposed to "Excellent".

You are a very, very bold sir to have shared that with us. I only hope that when I start at ACE Hardware on Monday (!!!!:D!!!!!) something similar doesn't happen to me.

Though it tends to. I fully expect to walk in there using my own shirt to hold in my intestines after having an accident with a forklift not two minutes before.

biggiy05
05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
Though it tends to. I fully expect to walk in there using my own shirt to hold in my intestines after having an accident with a forklift not two minutes before.

Forklifts are fun, especially when there's three inches of snow on the ground.

Beldaran
05-31-2007, 12:38 PM
eh, I think everyone has had an over-ambitious fart at some point. I accidentally shit myself in 4th grade because of a fart that had more to say than I expected.

Majora
05-31-2007, 01:08 PM

XD

That's why (depends though) you make the sound with your hands!

Put your hands as if you were praying

pretend the point where your wrists meet is a hinge

open your hands

apply to mouth

blow

It should work, I've done it dozens of times. I can ACCURATELY emit the sound of a really long wet fart. (With no risk of crapping my pants! :D)

Mitsukara
05-31-2007, 03:48 PM
I never read the Lando books and feel that they're not that important for me to understand the character. Unless there's something in them that I should know. Meh. :kitty:

What you should know is that Lando did and saw some seriously strange shit. The general outline of the trilogy is that Lando has just won a ship- the Millenium Falcon- by playing Sabacc (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sabacc) (which is described in great length and perhaps for the first time here, which is cool since the rest of the EU describes it using the same terms/card names) when he wins and inadvertantly gets stuck with a weird droid named Vuffi Raa (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vuffi_Raa). Vuffi Raa, unlike Lando, can actually pilot and fix things, so that's good news for the Falcon. However, Lando immediately gets arrested, released with the demand that he do a job- finding something called the "Mindharp of Sharu" for this obviously unimportant guy who's not in the other two books who happens to be working with the much more ominous Rokur Gepta (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rokur_Gepta), Sorcerer of Tund (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sorcerers_of_Tund). Supposedly Rokur Gepta's magic is a farce, but he exhibits various powers he shouldn't have if that's the case (it was likely the force, though, and he was some kind of dark jedi. For a better explanation see the link above, though it has spoilers).

Anyway, Lando discovers a long-lost advanced civilization (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sharu) that had downloaded it's collective brains and been living for years as seemingly just shabby old men and slaves, encounters physics-defying objects (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mindharp), gets arrested again, plays sabacc every 5 minutes, has to navigate some sort of huge acid trippy solar flare anomoly called the Flamewind (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Flamewind) of Oseon, learns to pilot and fix the ship himself, becomes friends with Vuffi Raa, then goes to this weird starcave thing (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/ThonBoka) where he encounters strange giant spaceborn aliens (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Oswaft) and tries to defend them from both the Empire and Rokur Gepta while also learning of Vuffi Raa's mysterious origins. Or something like that, I haven't read the book in which that last bit takes place. Most of the time Lando seems to be bumbling into the situation but is also the controlling factor, and Rokur Gepta swears him to be his mortal enemy after he screws things up with the Mindharp and the Sharu.

I think the books are secretly just Lando giving a possibly inebriated narrative to a buddy or girl somewhere about his supposed past exploits. Vuffi Raa is actually a pretty interesting character, though, and the crazy fantasy nature and imagination is something missing in a lot of Star Wars books that try to stay more within the boundaries of the kind of thing we've already seen in the movies.

Beldaran
05-31-2007, 04:30 PM
hehe I read the Lando trilogy a couple of years ago. It's kind of psychodelic and weird.

biggiy05
05-31-2007, 05:17 PM
eh, I think everyone has had an over-ambitious fart at some point. I accidentally shit myself in 4th grade because of a fart that had more to say than I expected.

Note to dissidents:

Fuck you both....ow.

biggiy05
06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
I'm double posting so shoot me.

I just dropped $900 on a bedroom suite and mattress set today. Nice new queen size bed here I come.

Darth Marsden
06-04-2007, 04:51 AM
Awesome. Nothing better than a nice place to snooze. I just have a basic bed, but I've covered it in pillows so it's kinda like drowning in an ocean of softness. Lovely jubbly.

Glitch
06-04-2007, 09:41 AM
Awesome picture I took with my cell phone this weekend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/0603071543.jpg

Majora
06-04-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm double posting so shoot me.

I just dropped $900 on a bedroom suite and mattress set today. Nice new queen size bed here I come.

And yet I get a warning? How hypocritical. :whap: :gavel: :banghead:

Darth Marsden
06-04-2007, 10:48 AM
That's a high-res pic for a camera phone. What model you got?

Glitch
06-04-2007, 10:55 AM
That's a high-res pic for a camera phone. What model you got?

LG Chocolate
http://www.gadgetell.com/images/062006/lg_verizon_chocolate.jpg

Few more pictures from it:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/0603071636a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/10.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/9.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/5.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/6.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/7.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/8.jpg

moocow
06-04-2007, 11:08 AM
WHy is Shaun always grabbing himself?

Also, I humped that Corvette.

mrz84
06-04-2007, 11:44 AM
LOL. Love the piccys with the cat. :kitty:

Darth Marsden
06-04-2007, 11:48 AM
WHy is Shaun always grabbing himself?

Also, I humped that Corvette.
I married this one (http://www.newcoolcars.com/top-10-coolest-cars/saleen-s7.jpg). We have three beautiful children and an awesome racer. I've never been happier. Just don't ask how we make out.

Glitch
06-04-2007, 11:54 AM
She literally did hump the car. She works at the dealership Shaun's mom bought it from.

And that Cat is Sammy. Big stoner.

moocow
06-04-2007, 01:21 PM
She literally did hump the car. She works at the dealership Shaun's mom bought it from.

Hey says the truth.

The Corvette was sitting in the service department, and I humped it, right back by the right tail light. I was sad that we were selling it. :( Then I found out it was Shaun's mom and I was like :naughty:

We have a beautiful 2003 Corvette on our lot that's being sold right now.. it's yellow. And it gives me hostess panties.

Darth Marsden
06-05-2007, 05:15 AM
Damn. Wish I'd been there. ;)

Can't stop watching Heroes. I've downloaded up to episode - sorry, Chapter 20, but I was trying to watch them all on the Sci-Fi channel over here, where we're up to 17. Once I've watched them on Sci-Fi, I can burn them to DVD to keep. Problem is, the cliffhangers are too freakin' good, and I can't stop myself watching the downloaded episodes - sorry, Chapters. Good? Bad? Who cares? I'm just stoked (as I believe you guys say) we're getting 30 episodes next season!

phattonez
06-05-2007, 12:17 PM
Another thing I hate. Sometimes you fall asleep on the couch one night, and you can't find your glasses in the morning. I kind of remember waking up in the middle of the night and throwing them somewhere, but I'm really dumbfounded.

I should just sleep with contacts.

Oh and has anyone heard that new Hooter's ad (for the hotel)? "Sleep with someone you know."

Darth Marsden
06-05-2007, 12:41 PM
As far as I'm aware, sleeping with pretty much any type of contact lens in screws them up something awful. Your pupils expand while you're asleep, and it either stretches the lenses or shifts them up into the far corner of your eye, where it's all kinds of hell to get out. There may be some kind of contact lens you can just leave in, but I don't know what they are.

EDIT: Haven't seen that ad. Two cool ones I have seen recently though - Shreddies (sadly I can't seem to find any reference to this ad on the net, which is a shame, since it's great) and Seabrook Crisps (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U66z1CeyKsk).

If you want more great adverts, pop onto YouTube and search for 'banned commercials'. All the best ones get taken off the air. Like this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPG2nhvYLY).

phattonez
06-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Hehe, that was kind of strange, lol.

Someone agree with me here: I hate cell phone ads, especially from Verizon. That girl who gets her phone taken away annoys the hell out of me.

TISNF!

moocow
06-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Hehe, that was kind of strange, lol.

Someone agree with me here: I hate cell phone ads, especially from Verizon. That girl who gets her phone taken away annoys the hell out of me.

TISNF!

IDK my BFF Jill?

Does anyone actually say, TISNF?

phattonez
06-05-2007, 02:01 PM
I've never heard that, I think Verizon is trying to brainwash us into using these stupid things.

I stick at lol and idk, and an occasional WTF!

I found my glasses! I had put them on the other couch where it was all too obvious.

Prrkitty
06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
OK... I give... what is TISNF?

phattonez
06-05-2007, 02:57 PM
You've never seen the commercial? Lucky you. It means "that/this is so not fair."

moocow
06-05-2007, 02:58 PM
OK... I give... what is TISNF?

That Is So Not Fair!

For real, it's not even an actual acronym. Totally made up.

I stick to lol, lmao, omg and wtf, mostly.

Prrkitty
06-05-2007, 03:07 PM
Yeah I've seen the commercial ... but apparently missed that one.

Sam Atoms
06-05-2007, 07:40 PM
RUFKM and GMAFB are a couple of my recently picked-up personal favorites.

SUCCESSOR
06-05-2007, 07:53 PM
RUFKM and GMAFB are a couple of my recently picked-up personal favorites.

Congratulations... not interesting.

The funny thing about that commercial is that most the acronyms that devil-child uses take longer to say than the actual words(but obviously not to type). I do realized it's a spoof but god! are companies actually funding child illiteracy now?

Also within reason, I believe anyone who regularly uses acronyms in daily speech should be forced to drink 40 oz of drain-o.

Also anyone sending more than 50 text messages a day should be considered legally retarded.

Pineconn
06-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Are you effing kidding me?
Give me a freaking break.

Never heard of them.

I, too, absolutely hate that commercial. Spoiled whelp, that girl. :disgust:

EDIT: And I kind of also hate that smiley.

Darth Marsden
06-06-2007, 04:48 AM
As far as I'm aware, the only acronym that takes longer to say then the word it's abbreviating is 'WW2', or World War Two.

Go on, try it. I'll wait.

!

See? Weird, huh?

EDIT: Smilies I like, but aren't on here: http://smilies.vidahost.com/otn/violent/badass.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/Up_to_something.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/ups/unknown/lsvader.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/sarge/Looking_anim.gif http://smilies.vidahost.com/ups/layla_phoenix/puke.gif
More at www.mysmilies.com

Mitsukara
06-06-2007, 05:01 AM
Dub-ull-yoo dub-ull-yoo too
World war too

7 syllables versus 3. Wow!

Masamune
06-06-2007, 06:37 AM
David Bowie and Freddy Mercury fucking rule.

Darth Marsden
06-06-2007, 06:41 AM
With you on Freddie Mercury, though I never was the biggest David Bowie fan. I'm more into Linkin Park. Well, LP from their early days, anyway. I'm not sure about their latest, it's kinda... meh.

Pineconn
06-06-2007, 12:35 PM
I'm pretty sure that the http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/Up_to_something.gif smiley is achievable with ":sly:", Darth. ;)

Majora
06-06-2007, 12:42 PM
As far as I'm aware, the only acronym that takes longer to say then the word it's abbreviating is 'WW2', or World War Two.

I prefer to call it "International Civil War 2"

http://smilies.vidahost.com/games/zelda/mon/turtlerockbeast.gif

Mitsukara
06-06-2007, 01:50 PM
:sly: http://mitsukara.galxeth.net/sonicsly.gif

Am I the only one who thinks this whenever I see that smiley?

Pineconn
06-06-2007, 02:59 PM
http://mitsukara.galxeth.net/sonicsly.gif

Hehe, I like that smiley. I'm for sure using that from now on instead of :sly:!

So today marked the end of my sophomore year of high school. Now I'll be able to be on even more and express my anecdotes that contain zero kernels of wisdom. :D

phattonez
06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
This is the best smiley that I've seen.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/images/smilies/club.gif

mrz84
06-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Those club and sonic smilies look sweet. :kitty:

phattonez
06-06-2007, 11:05 PM
Random questions:

1. Does anybody notice reputation or participate in it anymore (those little green things below the post count, not the one that actually counts for something aka real life)?
2. What happened to Archibaldo?

Darth Marsden
06-07-2007, 04:32 AM
1. Yes and Yes. I'm a media whore and love all the green rep I can get. That said, I don't give it out very often, but if I do 'repify' you, you've damn well earned it.
2. Absolutely no freakin' idea.

http://homepages.tesco.net/steveemarsden/Avatars/shadow.gif
I like this one.

Sam Atoms
06-07-2007, 04:53 AM
Archibaldo is chilling two doors down in General Gaming Discussion. I admit, it is a ways away, and some of the regulars who frequent here tend not to venture that far.

I never really did make up my mind about the little green squares. The first time it made an appearance, I was like, "Meh." The phrases that accompanied them were some of the kookiest things I'd ever seen. Johnny Member is on a distinguished road? Johnny Member is a glorious beacon of light? Johnny Member has a little shameless behaviour in the past? behavioUr? Who in the name of holy heaven writes these things? A team of dorky hooligans from Canada?

Anyway, it seemed to turn the order of things here into a petty social game, a high school popularity contest. It sent this place in a direction towards the very thing I had been coming here so long to escape. Eventually, it caused me to take leave for a very long time. To anyone whom it does rub the wrong way, you just have to remember that you don't have to let it matter to you.

On a side note ---- Jennifer, I'll promise to read every word in every one of your posts, if you can arrange for that woman in your avatar to pop out of my screen and sit in my lap.

Majora
06-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Archibaldo is chilling two doors down in General Gaming Discussion. I admit, it is a ways away, and some of the regulars who frequent here tend not to venture that far.

I never really did make up my mind about the little green squares. The first time it made an appearance, I was like, "Meh." The phrases that accompanied them were some of the kookiest things I'd ever seen. Johnny Member is on a distinguished road? Johnny Member is a glorious beacon of light? Johnny Member has a little shameless behaviour in the past? behavioUr? Who in the name of holy heaven writes these things? A team of dorky hooligans from Canada?

Anyway, it seemed to turn the order of things here into a petty social game, a high school popularity contest. It sent this place in a direction towards the very thing I had been coming here so long to escape. Eventually, it caused me to take leave for a very long time. To anyone whom it does rub the wrong way, you just have to remember that you don't have to let it matter to you.

On a side note ---- Jennifer, I'll promise to read every word in every one of your posts, if you can arrange for that woman in your avatar to pop out of my screen and sit in my lap.

Somewhere, War Lord weeps.

Aegix Drakan
06-07-2007, 08:40 AM
I use rep often. Mostly green rep. If you say somehtign very funny/witty/awesome I will most likely green rep you.

I almost NEVER use red though. Only if someone is REALLY being an ass, which has been exceedingly rare since GB was shut down.

and about Archibaldo, I have no clue where he is, but I know he lives in the same province as me.

Who in the name of holy heaven writes these things? A team of dorky hooligans from Canada?

*AHEM!*

You got something against us Canadians? Do ya? :sly:

and...War lord is Canadian too? 0_o Whoa...

@ DM: Sweet shadow smiley! *saves it*

phattonez
06-07-2007, 10:30 AM
This is what people from Canada do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKr94bH7qtA

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-07-2007, 10:51 AM
I almost NEVER use red though. Only if someone is REALLY being an ass, which has been exceedingly rare since GB was shut down.

I find that the people I'd want to give negative rep to are usually banned by the time I do so. Green reps are frequently given out, though.

mrz84
06-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I give out rep to people who say something cool/funny. If your an ass/bitch about something completely and utterly pointless, you get nega rep. It's that simple. And the shaodw smilie rocks. :kitty:

Dechipher
06-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I prefer to give out negative rep in my posts by being a kind of dick.
Green rep just happens when it happens. I usually wind up trying to give it to the same people for some reason, which is why it almost always tells me to spread it around before giving it to the same person.

Mitsukara
06-07-2007, 12:07 PM
I give out rep when I think of it an especially like a post's content.

The trouble is, I don't seem to be spreading it around enough for the forum's satisfaction because most of my attempts wind up with a message telling me to do so.

moocow
06-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I give out green rep when someone compliments me, and red rep when someone insults me or when someone is stupid.

I don't give out a lot of rep, obviously. lol.

ShadowTiger
06-07-2007, 04:22 PM
I give out green rep points to people who have either said something very intelligent or wise, or have helped one or more people in some way, or made others happy. I do pretty much the opposite with red rep, though often in more extreme cases. Flaming will generally get you a red rep from me, as would mockery. Trolling for some reason doesn't.

The_Amaster
06-07-2007, 04:48 PM
You know, moocow, you are brilliant, witty and charming, have I ever mentioned that?

I give out green rep if I feel someone really contributes, although there are times when I just forget.

I don't think I've given anyone a red rep, thinking back. Mostly because the people I'd give it to are spammers and morons who aren't even worth the effort, as they're never going to care.

Majora
06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
I hand out green rep like candy. :D

I have only recently given red rep to people who give me red rep, or asses *cough* pineconn_lolz *cough* :rolleyes:

Hey moocow, did you ever realize that you are {insert positive thing here}? :googly:

biggiy05
06-07-2007, 06:02 PM
FUCKING NEXTEL and FUCKING OVERSEAS SUPPORT!

If I call an American company I want to talk to an American that speaks english. Not some Indonesian with an American name. They keep charging me each month for a plan that's $100....my bill is only supposed to be $42 after all the fees.

Moocow did you know you have a group of kiss asses following you around the forums?

Sir_Johnamus
06-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Wow. I just had the retarded idea to show my face again. Congrats me.

I don't give out reps often, and I don't remember giving them. I remember when my rep got to like -50 once. That was some red.

This is substanceless. Can't think of a complement, Moocow, sorry.

rock_nog
06-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Heh, I haven't really gotten much rep since returning to AGN with my new screen name... Except that one time where I got green for some drunken rant about the Wii I wrote. I just don't know what kinda message I'm getting here... Drunkenly post on AGN more often? My liver wouldn't appreciate that, though.

Mitsukara
06-07-2007, 08:28 PM
Drunkenly post on AGN more often? My liver wouldn't appreciate that, though.
YUO MSTU FAEK TEH DURKNENSES!!1!!!!!1!!1!11111 ESE TAHT YUO CNA OD TI YB DONGI TIHS, FRO YUO ESE, I PONDSU TEH KYEBAORD!!!1111!1!11 TEH OTHRE DYA I BOERK TEH KYEBAORD YB HTNINGI TI RLAELY HRDA OS TAHT I WSA SNET OT TEH DCOTRE!!11!!1!1111 BTU EH TLDO EM I WSA A BSIXEULA POLRA BAER!!1!1!!!1 TAHT FGATGO I MA NTO A BSIXEULA POLRA BAER NDA TO TAEK TEH MDTOEDTICATN PLILS!1!!1!1!111 I WLIL RAEP HSI DGO THNE ETA TI!!!!1!!!1!!1111

Aegix Drakan
06-07-2007, 08:49 PM
...wow...never thought I'd see that...

A non-meaningful post by Jennifer...The world HAS to be ending.

and Biggiy, I feel bad for ya. It always sucks that big companies are after your wallet, and'll do anything to get at it.

The_Amaster
06-07-2007, 09:22 PM
:odd: That...that...that was....

wow, that was...scary.

Funny as hell, especially if you took the time to read it all, but...

...scary.

(I can tell your having fun with this, aren't you Jennifer?)

Pineconn
06-07-2007, 09:40 PM
What smiley to use, what to use... Hmm. Perhaps this will do.

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/spidereekA.gif

Yeah, that was weird, but ironically it was Jennifer's shortest post ever.

moocow
06-07-2007, 09:51 PM
YUO MSTU FAEK TEH DURKNENSES!!1!!!!!1!!1!11111 ESE TAHT YUO CNA OD TI YB DONGI TIHS, FRO YUO ESE, I PONDSU TEH KYEBAORD!!!1111!1!11 TEH OTHRE DYA I BOERK TEH KYEBAORD YB HTNINGI TI RLAELY HRDA OS TAHT I WSA SNET OT TEH DCOTRE!!11!!1!1111 BTU EH TLDO EM I WSA A BSIXEULA POLRA BAER!!1!1!!!1 TAHT FGATGO I MA NTO A BSIXEULA POLRA BAER NDA TO TAEK TEH MDTOEDTICATN PLILS!1!!1!1!111 I WLIL RAEP HSI DGO THNE ETA TI!!!!1!!!1!!1111

HAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

You rock!

How many people get the joke? Eh, eh? Anyone?

Yoshiman
06-07-2007, 09:55 PM
...wow...never thought I'd see that...

A non-meaningful post by Jennifer...The world HAS to be ending.
Oh, it was meaningful.

It was a homage.

Pineconn
06-07-2007, 10:00 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

You rock!

...Not me, hence the http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/spidereekA.gif thing.

EDIT: So Darth, not in a very author-like mood lately? (Like, Between Angels and Devils/South Park ripoffs.) Just curious.

Darth Marsden
06-08-2007, 04:05 AM
I've kinda hit writer's block. I'll get through it, just give me a little more time.

I never finished my diary of my trip to America, either. Bah. I am the master of leaving things unfinished.

Aegix Drakan
06-08-2007, 01:28 PM
...Majora's wrath? I have to thank you for teaching my the word Dipshit. I had the perfect opportunity to use it today.

Why? Cause some dipshit called in a fake bimb scare / threat to my college today. I'm in the middl eof my summer school Gym class, in the middle of a workout, and the teacher tell us all to leave. When we get out, there are choppers, cops with machine guns and sops on bike all over the place.

After two hours of waiting in the heat outside, the Dean comes up and tell us it was most likely a prank call, but the cops want ot make sure. All classes were cancelled.

I can't belive that some asshole would make a threat like this after all that happenned recently (VT, Dawson, etc.). I hope that dipshit gets busted by either the cops or Karma, whichever hurts him more.

*sigh* -_-

Darth Marsden
06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
On the down side, the kid who made the call has condemned themselves to hell. On the plus side, no classes for the day!

...wait. Did I get those mixed up?

Glenn the Great
06-08-2007, 02:35 PM
.I hope that dipshit gets busted by either the cops or Karma, whichever hurts him more.

Cops would hurt more. The concept of Karma involves getting back exactly what you give. Human law almost always involves the punishment being worse than the offense.

Pineconn
06-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Which reminds me of something. I probably don't even need to specify the person I'm talking about when I say that she really needs to go back to jail.

Glenn the Great
06-08-2007, 03:45 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAAH.

You rock!

I definitely get the joke. I remember Zelda64Gld well. I should, as I was the one who personally pressed the DELETE button on his account's ass.

History lesson.

Back during my term as an Admin (circa late 2001 to late 2002), AGN was in it's heydey. Zelda64Gld was a member who was around since the beginning. What was notable about him was that he always typed in the manner of Jennifer's post. He also had many catchphrases which are repeated in Jen's post. Most irritatingly of all, however, was that he would violate the rules more than any other member, and never get disciplined for it. The joke at the time was that he had "Diplomatic Immunity", or rather D1pomaltic 1mmutiny or some such.

Well, I was getting irritated with that, and decided one day that I was going to step up where the other Admins weren't. I laid a complete account+IP ban on his ass, right when he was in the middle of getting away with some more antics.

I was feeling good about myself, until only 2 minutes later he started up again. I looked in the control panel, and he was completely unbanned. I banned him again, and the same thing happened just like before. Mysteriously unbanned.

I then decided to have a word with Dark Nation. I was closer to him than any other Admin at the time, and his advice to me was to just go ahead and delete Zelda64Gld's account, and he agreed to take responsibilty for it, as it was against standard operating procedure to delete accounts.

I did so.

Keep in mind that during this whole period leading up to the deletion, Shadowblazer was the only other Admin online besides myself and Dark Nation.

Well, within the hour I get an angry message from War Lord. Apparantly Shadowblazer had called him up on the telephone to report an emergency. Zelda64Gld's account had been deleted.

War Lord demanded an explanation from me, and I told him to take it up with Dark Nation, as he agreed to take the fall. Dark Nation then had to apologize to War Lord, which he did.

War Lord then held a little mock funeral for Zelda64Gld, speaking about how someone we dearly beloved had been murdered.

Zelda64Gld never appeared again.

It appears that Zelda64Gld was just a joke character being controlled by Shadowblazer and/or War Lord.

biggiy05
06-08-2007, 04:08 PM
Which reminds me of something. I probably don't even need to specify the person I'm talking about when I say that she really needs to go back to jail.

She did.

Pineconn
06-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Excellent (http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/08/paris-back-to-the-big-house/). Last I heard she was still on house arrest, she must have been re-sentenced not too long ago.

And wow, Zelda64Gld completely tears the crap out of Pineconn_lolz and lightning_z combined. If he weren't a joke character.

Mitsukara
06-08-2007, 04:35 PM
WHTA GLNEN TEH GAERT FGRAGOT MAENS SI TAHT I WSA TEH BSTE MMEBRE EVRE!!1!1!!111 EH CNA NTO DTSTROY EM FRO I MA HAEV TEH ULMITAET PORWE!!1!!!1111 HYE YUO KNWO WTHA TEH OTHRE DYA I WSA NI A BILZRZDA NDA TI WSA OS OCLD YM PENSI SI TRNUED ITNO IEC NDA BOERK FOF!!!!1!!1!1111 NDA TI SHTATRDE ITNO OVRE NIEN TSOUHNDA PEISCE NI SLWO MOTINO NDA I WSA LIEK WHTA TEH HLEL YM PENSI SI BORKNE!!1!!1111

There was this theory at one point, which I buy, that Zelda64gld's unique dialogue style was actually scripted because he made the same misspellings repeatedly (then again, so does everyone's pal lightning-z) and it tends to follow a system. The first letter of a word was always in the right place unless it was too short, for example. So to deromantacize it it's entirely possible that Zelda64gld's existence went something like this:

Warlord: Haha, check out that [nameoflongforgottenidiotfrom2000/1999here] guy. What a dumbass.
Shadowblazer: Hey, that gives me an idea
Shadowblazer: I could like, register a fake member and post retarded content
Warlord: LOL
Shadowblazer: Yeah, in fact, I think I could make up a text scrambling script for that

But regardless of rather he was in fact the creation of AGN's owners or an actual person, or originally the latter then the former, Zelda64gld is a hero of awesomeness. For that reason, I hope to be just as good an imitator as this guy:

http://entertainers.co.uk/lookalikes/lookalikes_images/michael-jackson-navi/navi_michaeljackson.jpg

No offense meant, Glenn

ALSO I stole Zelda64gld's avatar (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/member.php?u=111), lolz.
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/image.php?u=111&dateline=1025504047

The_Amaster
06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Thank the world. Paris just about sums up everything that I find horrible about American society. She needs a slap of the real world. (Although this probably won't do any good)

*Sobbing* Mom, Mom, Mom, it's not right!
Oh yes it is, baby b****
Zelda64gld sounds hilarious. *sigh* I have missed AGN's glory days, and I regret it...

Cloral
06-08-2007, 05:11 PM
Anyone who drives drunk deserves to be locked up. It's an insanely selfish thing to do. Anyone who thinks they should be able to get out of things like this because of their money/status needs to be punched in the face.

Beldaran
06-08-2007, 05:33 PM
In addition to jail, I think all drunk drivers should be required to meet with two or three families whose children were killed by a drunk driver and explain to them why they felt the need to drive drunk.

Darth Marsden
06-08-2007, 05:41 PM
I just think people like Paris Hilton should be shot. They serve absolutely no useful purpose upon this earth. What does she do for a living? Sing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4tNJPdioeo)? Model (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OskNKf3gZIY)? Ride Horses (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R0nQE6ZOwM)? Anything (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I-DRafOtfA)?

No sympathies at all. I hope she gets the shit kicked out of her in prison.

EDIT: That's a brilliant idea, Bel. When I'm rich and powerful and rule half the world, you may be the Police Chief of Europe, should you so wish.

On an earlier topic we've deviated from, while Zelda64gld may have seemed fun in the old days, I find everything typed in his style to be highly irritating. Joke or not, it's headache inducing and utterly pointless. Please, let's not start it up again.

rock_nog
06-08-2007, 05:46 PM
Holy crap Beldaran, that honestly sounds like the best idea for a punishment I've ever heard. Seriously, that crap is far beyond moronic. And every once in a while you'll get some asshat who comes out and says "It's not that driving while drunk is a problem, people just need to learn how to drive while drunk."

Oh man, I knew it! Zelda64gld... man, that was back in the day. Back when I wasn't even macweirdo42, I was just weirdguy. Alright, I SERIOUSLY need to stop leaving AGN and forgetting my password and crap like that. Going through three screen names is utterly ridiculous.

Pineconn
06-08-2007, 05:48 PM
On an earlier topic we've deviated from, while Zelda64gld may have seemed fun in the old days, I find everything typed in his style to be highly irritating. Joke or not, it's headache inducing and utterly pointless. Please, let's not start it up again.

Wyh nto?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I don't like it either.

In addition to jail, I think all drunk drivers should be required to meet with two or three families whose children were killed by a drunk driver and explain to them why they felt the need to drive drunk.

If I'm ever a judge, I'm going to sentence somebody to this. And a few years in the big house.

The_Amaster
06-08-2007, 06:12 PM
That really is a smart idea. I bet you could apply it to all other sorts of crimes as well, find a way to let the moral guilt gaurentee they never do it again.

Majora
06-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Or we could implant chips into brains that make the "guilt" part of the brain go on overdrive.

Mitsukara
06-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Huh. After I figured out what was up with him, I found Zelda64gld's dialogue fairly easy to read and imitate.

Then again, my mind is good at redundancy and comparing memory, so my brain probably has it filed away as it's own mini-language. Same goes fore 13375p33k, I don't have any problems with it anymore.

Glenn the Great
06-08-2007, 08:24 PM
The human race is already overplagued by the emotion of guilt.

Way to go with more guilt and years in the big house, humans :unhappy:

mrz84
06-08-2007, 10:08 PM
Ah Z64Gold. Funny stuff. I had him as the next to final boss in my "Random RPG" for rpgmaker2k3 before my pc needed a rebooting. Now, I may never get it done, but I can always try. :kitty:

Aegix Drakan
06-08-2007, 10:33 PM
that guilt thing sounds like it might usually work.

but...what about psychopaths? they'd have a ball being able to torment their victim's family...

hmm...

phattonez
06-08-2007, 10:34 PM
What smiley to use, what to use... Hmm. Perhaps this will do.

http://smilies.vidahost.com/contrib/ruinkai/spidereekA.gif

Yeah, that was weird, but ironically it was Jennifer's shortest post ever.

Her shortest post ever was about two lines and it was in this thread.

Pineconn
06-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Her shortest post ever was about two lines and it was in this thread.

Yeah but Jennifer posted it after I said it. Which makes all posts after my post null and void to my statement. Ha.

rock_nog
06-09-2007, 12:46 AM
Just shoot the psychopaths. They're just plain dangerous to society, anyway.

The real question is, it's 11:45 on a Friday night... Why am I not doing something loud/obnoxious/potentially suicidal right now? Hmm...

moocow
06-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Random fact:

By this time tomorrow, I'll be too drunk to function. Glitch too, he's my homie.

And I don't care if you think that's stupid :D

biggiy05
06-09-2007, 02:21 AM
Random fact:

By this time tomorrow, I'll be too drunk to function. Glitch too, he's my homie.

And I don't care if you think that's stupid :D

It's not stupid but funny. Just please don't tell us your story of raping him in the ass again.

Darth Marsden
06-09-2007, 04:58 AM
It's not stupid but funny. Just please don't tell us your story of raping him in the ass again.
Ack! Painful... childhood... memories...

:cool:

Random thought - Why does Coke taste better from a can then it does from a bottle?

mrz84
06-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Ack! Painful... childhood... memories...

:cool:

Random thought - Why does Coke taste better from a can then it does from a bottle?

I wouldn'y know, I drink Dr. Pepper (both from a can and a bottle) and don't drink Coke if anything else is available. :kitty:

The_Amaster
06-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Maybe the plastic is rubbing off on the soda. Alternativly, maybe they make more money off of canned Coke, so they're making the bottle stuff taste worse in order to get you to buy more cans. I wouldn't put it past them.

Masamune
06-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Masa's gonna see Tool today. :O

moocow
06-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Omg, I thought I was the only one who thought that!!

Maybe it's the alluminum?

Darth Marsden
06-09-2007, 06:38 PM
Omg, I thought I was the only one who thought that!!

Maybe it's the alluminum?
See, that's my theory, but I've never been able to prove it. Anyone got concrete proof?

And relax, you're never alone with me around :naughty:

DarkDragon
06-09-2007, 07:21 PM
It's definitely the aluminum... you can taste that slight metallic tang when you drink from the can.

Beldaran
06-09-2007, 08:38 PM
ah, the fresh taste of poisoning yourself.

I totally gave up drinking soda about six months ago because I read a bunch of reports on how it slowly kills you. It's so unhealthy, you wouldn't believe it.

Sir_Johnamus
06-09-2007, 09:10 PM
I still drink, just not as much as I used to. I get a lot of sermons from my sister on how it kills you. I finally started to listen. Hasn't killed me yet. I like it from a can more if I do.

Pineconn
06-09-2007, 11:21 PM
It is definitely better in a can. But I found that Mountain Dew tastes better out of a bottle than a can for some reason. I suppose that metallic flavor works well with cola and not lemon-lime drinks.

I totally gave up drinking soda about six months ago because I read a bunch of reports on how it slowly kills you. It's so unhealthy, you wouldn't believe it.

Pretty darn much everything is unhealthy, from chalk dust to Coke to sunlight to probably even your keyboard. And computer monitors too, you're supposed to look away every minute so that you don't get permanent damage to your eyes.

Beldaran
06-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Soft drinks are very unhealthy, in a direct and legitimate way. It's an ineffective panacea to just say "everything is basically unhealthy", because it's not true. Eating a balanced diet that contains fresh fruit and vegetables and excercising is not unhealthy.

Drinking soda every day is unhealthy in much the same way smoking is. It won't kill you today, or next week, but it does impact your health. It lowers bone density, rots your teeth, kills brain cells, affects your skin, over-works the pancreas, and leads to diabetes.

Mitsukara
06-10-2007, 02:01 AM
kills brain cells, affects your skin
I knew about the rest, but can you possibly link to some information on these two points? I wasn't aware of such... especially brain damage.

Once certain elements of my life have changed, I intend to rework my dietary habits- actually all of my normal habits are going out the window pretty soon most likely. Among other things, I intend to lower my soft drink/general caffeine intake (right now, and somewhat consistently for years, I drink 1-3 cans a day; I want to lower that to irregular occasions), and drink more water (and maybe tea). Coffee kinda blows, it's bitter and strong.

That said, the best soft drink I've ever had is definitely Pibb Xtra from a fountain. Much sweeter and better-tasting than it's can and bottle counterparts, though as a canned drink it's usually my drink of choice anyway. In cans and bottles it seems much closer to Dr. Pepper, which I really don't like that much (it's way too musky, not sweet, and has this weird flavor to it that just feels kinda.. bleh). Barq's root beer is always good, too- much sweeter and cokeier than other root beer. It also has caffiene, which can be good or bad, but I respect it for being the only caffienated root beer in existence.

I see no reason to even consider trying cigarettes or that crap people stick in their gums, and I'm not really too crazy about attempting tobacco in other forms (cigars or pipe). I'm a bit scared and undecided on alcohol and marijuana due to the illegalness of the latter, uncertainty about WANTING to take anything mind or mood-altering, and the many health issues that surround them. All other drugs are retarded and I have no idea what incentive people have for doing such stupid shit to their bodies. Honestly, why does ANYONE do heroin? Just... why? "I'mma stick this needle in my arm regularly which burns and leaves marks so I can get this drug, which I'll want all the time, so I can get a high! It's uhh... better than marijuana which also makes me high. Because, uh... it's got a needle so it's XTREME!!!! Speaking of xtreme I don't feel qu*falls over dead*"

Anyway, my general health improvement plans include regular exercise, living in a cleaner environment (rather than a dusty as hell, stinky, nasty room in a house with cockroach and flea issues), eating a vegetable at least once a day (starting with primarily bagged spinach, mostly due to that being one I don't mind eating/tastes okay), drinking a lot more water, lowering sodium + cholesterol + fat intake, and other good things. Possibly trying to treat my allergies and acne, if the other changes don't help those two problems enough. I will likely be attempting all this alongside hormone therapy, for which it's important to be healthy and reasonably active, both for the sake of general health/avoiding risks and for optimal effect.

Ask me how I'm doing in a year.

Beldaran
06-10-2007, 03:15 AM
I knew about the rest, but can you possibly link to some information on these two points? I wasn't aware of such... especially brain damage.

I didn't precisely say brain damage, because I didn't want to imply that it makes you a retard. This claim is, to my knowledge, only true of diet soda. Diet soda uses toxic chemicals to create artificial sugars that simulate the sugar effect by stimulating brain cells, causing them to vibrate with excitement, and then die from the ordeal. So it does kill brain cells. I don't know if this causes long term brain damage, but there is a huge glut of information on the negative neurological effects of diet soda and sugar susbitutes in general.

Some quick google results, but trust me there are tons more. My dad recently wrote a research paper on this subject.

The artificial suger in diet soda is made from aspartame. Here is an article (http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/dangers.htm) about the dangers.

With regards to affecting your skin,

"Effect on Skin:
Acidic blood affects the action of glutathione, which is an antioxidant enzyme. In addition, these drinks lack vitamins and minerals. By taking these drinks, people cut their intake of fresh juices, milk and even water and deprive themselves from essential vitamins and minerals that are mandatory for skin. Thus, the skin becomes more prone to wrinkles and aging."

Linked from This article (http://www.ameinfo.com/26590.html).

Also, less technically speaking, soft drinks are very sugary and can cause increased occurance of pimples.

Gleeok
06-10-2007, 03:20 AM
Ah the sweet necter of soft drinks, can't get enough myself. But lets hear what some others have to say...lets start with diet.

Originally posted by Some Neurosurgeon
Fully a third of all babies born to PKU carrier mothers consuming aspartame foods and drinks risk varying degrees of brain damage. It is also known that the amount of toxic phenylalanine reaching the baby is twice as high as that in the mother's blood because the placenta concentrates the toxin. In addition, numerous metabolic breakdown products of aspartame are known to damage the developing infant's brain, including methanol, formaldehyde, formic acid, diketopiperizine and phenylacetate. Aspartame has been shown by several studies to damage DNA, which can lead to cancer and degenerative brain disorders later in life. The risk of increased brain tumors in such a child would be enormous. Similar mechanisms of damage would be expected in those with liver disease. Studies on aspartame safety have shown that the product increases tumors throughout numerous organs, especially the brain. It was shown that brain tumor incidence increased over 47 times in animals exposed to aspartame.

Sure, but how you gonna "prove it"

"With the public concern over childhood obesity and diabetes, few are being told of the overwhelming evidence that early exposure to excitotoxins (as found in aspartame) consistently produce gross obesity and insulin resistant diabetes, just as we are seeing in our youth. The promoters of aspartame use have been lying from the beginning and continue to use their money and political clout to cover up the real and present dangers of this toxic product. "Have there been studies on young children and aspartame? After 25 years of knowing how deadly aspartame is nobody would ask children to sign up for a study on sweet arsenic. But a study was accidently done by Dr. Miguel Baret Daniel in the Dominican Republic. Working with a pediatrician they decided to remove milk from the diet of 360 children because in small children it can precipitate diabetes. Instead he provided juice laced with aspartame. The pediatrician noticed that most of the children were having what he called a kind of "brain allergy" showing abnormal restlessness, lack of concentration, irritability and depression. Dr. Baret then removed the aspartame and within four days all the 360 children went back to normal.

That's fucked up...

Why was aspartame approved by the FDA? For 16 years FDA not only refused to approve it, but asked to have G. D. Searle indicted under Title 18, Section 1001 for "their willful and knowing failure to make reports to the FDA required by the Act 21 USC 355 (i) and for concealing material facts and making false statements in reports of animal studies conducted to establish the safety of aspartame." Both U.S. Prosecutors hired on with the defense team and the statute of limitations expired. But Donald Rumsfeld, who was CEO of G D Searle, said he would call in his markers and get aspartame approved even though the FDA said no. He was on President Reagan's transition team.

hmm...sounds familiar...

The incredible story of how Rumsfeld accomplished this is told by Washington, D.C., attorney James Turner in the documentary on aspartame called "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World". Here is a clip where you can see and hear attorney Turner tell one of the most incredible stories of political clout in getting a deadly chemical, a neurotoxic drug marketed for human consumption.

Bastards!

"The neurochemical impact of aspartame on the brain is fairly complicated. Not only does it decrease the availability of the building block for serotonin (L- tryptophan), but one of the two amino acids that comprise aspartame, phenylalanine,is a precursor for another very important neurotransmitter, norepinephrine. Papers which I published in 1986 and 1993 discuss what I believe is the clinical impact (accentuating depressive illness) of altering the balance between these 2 neurotransmitters (norepinephrine and serotonin)."There is evidence that the therapeutic effect of antidepressants can be blocked by parachlorophenylalanine—a form of phenylalanine- one of the major constituents of aspartame. Administration of this substance has also been associated with aggression and binging."

Ah, what do Neurosurgeons know anyway. Now some fun wiki facts about coke.

Diet Coke was sweetened with aspartame as soon as the sweetener became available in the U.S., 1983; however, to save money, this was originally in a blend with saccharin. After Diet Rite cola advertised its 100 percent use of aspartame, and the manufacturer of NutraSweet (then, G.D. Searle & Company) warned that the NutraSweet trademark would not be made available to a blend of sweeteners, Coca-Cola switched the formula to 100 percent NutraSweet, later switching back and doing without the NutraSweet trademark. Diet Coke from fountain dispensers still contains some saccharin (to extend shelf life).[

One version of Diet Coke (and majority of beverages using artificial sweeteners) relies on Aspartame, which has been blamed by some scientists and medical professionals for possibly causing serious illnesses (such as brain tumors, brain lesions, and lymphoma) when consumed in large quantities. Other researchers have found no such link, or believe that the quantities in sodas such as Diet Coke are much too small to cause adverse effects. It should be noted that Coca-Cola has now released Diet Coke sweetened with sucralose (also known as Splenda).

Soft drinks linked to weight gain and type 2 diabetes

In 2004, an eight-year study of 50,000 nurses showed a correlation that suggests drinking one or more sugar-sweetened beverages (such as soft drinks and fruit punches) per day increases one's risk of developing diabetes by 80&#37; versus those who drink less than one such drink per month. This finding was independent of other lifestyle factors. It concludes, "Higher consumption of sugar-sweetened beverages is associated with a greater magnitude of weight gain and an increased risk for development of type 2 diabetes in women, possibly by providing excessive calories and large amounts of rapidly absorbable sugars

The phosphoric acid contained in soft drinks displaces calcium from the bones. This can dramatically lower the bone density of the skeleton and can lead to conditions such as osteoperosis and very weak bones
Dont ask me where I got all this shit, I don't remember, but I think that's Belderan meant when he said Drain bamage.
BTW-Coke from a frosty glass bottle is the shiznit, not the crappy plastic ones. I do prefer pepsi though. ;P

EDIT: I see Beldaran beat me to posting.

EDIT #2: How do you guys get the multiple quote thing in where it always says "originally posted by soso"?

Mitsukara
06-10-2007, 03:44 AM
You can make it say "originally posted by _____" by either using the quote button at the bottom of a post or like this:

{quote=ExampleDudeName}blah blah blah{/quote]

Replacing {s with [s, of course.

Something cool someone else discovered about VB that no one ever uses, though: this. {strike}text{/strike}.

Darth Marsden
06-10-2007, 04:37 AM
That's pretty screwed sweet.

Gleeok
06-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Lets see...

You can make it say "originally posted by _____" by either using the quote button at the bottom of a post or like this:

So far, so good...

{quote=ExampleDudeName}blah blah blah{/quote]
Ah, for this one I had to copy /paste QUOTE=Jennifer;1125546...

Replacing {s with [s, of course.
OK, im getting it. This one I just clicked the quote button and added = Jennifer.

Something cool someone else discovered about VB that no one ever uses, though: this. {strike}text{/strike}.[/QUOTE]

So that's how you get the slider thingy!

Thanks for nothing your help! ;)

rock_nog
06-10-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow, crap... I did not know that... I'm gonna quit soda... Just as soon as I get through this case of Vanilla Coke I picked up. And they say the Internet isn't good for you. On a related note, I need to get over this wretched hangover and figure out what I'm going to do with this beautiful Sunday. By the way, anyone have any healthy suggestions for dinner tonight?

Beldaran
06-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Good luck! It's actually really hard to quit soda. Your body is addicted to the sugar rush. I tried to quit for a couple of years before successfully kicking the habit.

rock_nog
06-10-2007, 02:50 PM
I actually had quit soda for quite a while... Just to see if I could... Of course, the thing was that when I had proven to myself that I could, I no longer had a reason to quit soda. This time, though, I have a real reason.