PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Icey
02-05-2008, 05:40 AM
There are only some situations where they should care - like if you have to do some kind of active work. If you're just there to take notes, I don't see why they should care (unless you are snoring loudly). Then again, I never understand people who go to lecture just to fall asleep? What's the point? You'll get a more refreshing nap in your own bed - and then you can get the notes from someone and learn the material after you have had good rest. This way you get poor rest and still don't get the material until later (if ever) anyways.

erm2003
02-05-2008, 06:34 AM
2000+ posts in this thread now. Let's keep it up!

Dechipher
02-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Sometimes professors require you to attend class a certain number of times, or they'll fail you.

Which sucks, for all the reasons you mentioned. Some classes, that matter for your major, I understand. But if I don't show up for American History pre-1829, who cares? I've learned that stuff over and over again since grade school.

Russ
02-05-2008, 12:49 PM
2000+ posts in this thread now. Let's keep it up!
2000 posts from a thread about nothing? Wow.

Feasul
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Since when do professors care about people falling asleep in class?

She didn't care per se, she just kinda pointed it out to the class. I think I heard her say "We'll wake him up when we get to the important stuff."
Now I'm worried she's gonna think I don't care about the class, though. I just now missed class because my alarm didn't go off. Yet another drawback of staying up till 4AM is that you don't naturally wake up until 12:30, almost halfway through class. And I love calculus, I don't wanna miss that. How else am I gonna learn about derivatives in several variables? Read the textbook? Posh.

phattonez
02-05-2008, 03:16 PM
That must be a small class. What school do you go to?

Pineconn
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
>_<

Jeez, the 2003 AGN Convention video (81.5 MB) got to 99% and stopped on me. Dang it dang it dang it dang it!

phattonez
02-05-2008, 11:07 PM
That video is still up? Wow, it's been a while.

MasterSwordUltima
02-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Where the hell is this video at? I'm very much compelled to watch it.

However creepy that may sound.

phattonez
02-06-2008, 03:45 AM
I didn't even know that we kept threads from back then.

Dechipher
02-06-2008, 04:25 AM
I think it's archived, isn't it?

The_Amaster
02-06-2008, 06:34 PM
*cries*
We have 12 inches of snow...
My house has a fifty foot long driveway up a hill
We don't own a snowblower...
It's still coming down like crazy...

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Russ
02-06-2008, 06:43 PM
12 inches? In December, my town got 14 inches. It almost broke records for this area. Then again, I don't have a 50 foot driveway.

Pineconn
02-06-2008, 07:38 PM
The Convention video thread is [here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74596)]. I'm still stuck at 99% (I have DAP, so it saves how much you download if you stop it). I think the server is down. :unhappy:

EDIT: I take that back. I started a new download and it's working fine.

erm2003
02-06-2008, 07:46 PM
We have had freezing rain here all day. It's very slick and it just making going outside and trying to get into the car suck big time.

Pineconn
02-06-2008, 08:02 PM
Rain......just rain and floods. Our entire back yard was a river at about 5:30 (and we have a nice draining system).

EDIT: There's something fishy going on. The video download stopped at 99% again! :bomb: *groan*

phattonez
02-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Isn't that enough to watch almost all of it though?

Russ
02-06-2008, 09:26 PM
Rain......just rain and floods. Our entire back yard was a river at about 5:30 (and we have a nice draining system).

That happened here once. The street in my neighborhood was more like a river with cars driving down it. All the grass became swamp land.

MasterSwordUltima
02-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Its crazy rainy/foggy here. I almost hit two people going into work two days ago, due to the fog. Only one of them had a reflective vest thing on. And this is like, old Pa country too, so its weird to see people walking around at 3am, let alone two. [shrug]

I ordered two AEG M4's, and they should be arriving here on monday. Can't wait!

Jenny
02-07-2008, 12:03 PM
*cries*
We have 12 inches of snow...
My house has a fifty foot long driveway up a hill
We don't own a snowblower...
It's still coming down like crazy...

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

damn! and I thought the 9 inches we have here was bad! i feel sorry for you and your.. um.. hill :(

Aegix Drakan
02-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Hey guys, guess what?

>_> Some guy on our street was busted for growing pot in his basement.

Man, you think you live in a great neighborhood, and some dope is growing dope in his basment.

Russ
02-07-2008, 12:34 PM
Hey guys, guess what?

>_> Some guy on our street was busted for growing pot in his basement.

Man, you think you live in a great neighborhood, and some dope is growing dope in his basment.
Wow, I thought I had heard everything. Growing pot in his basement? That's just crazy. :smoking:

phattonez
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
It's been so dry over here. And now it's starting to warm up a little. Is there any better place than Southern California?

Pineconn
02-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Yes. Anywhere else.

I thought the 9 inches we have here was bad! i feel sorry for you and your.. um.. hill :(

What's wrong with snow? I personally love it when we get even 5 inches dumped on us.

erm2003
02-07-2008, 05:33 PM
This morning my car was covered by freezing rain. It took me 15 minutes to clean it off so I could drive safely. In the process, my scraper broke in my hand so I had to buy a new one.

At least this was still better than a big storm we had a few years ago. The ice was so thick it took me about 30 minutes just to get one of my doors open.

biggiy05
02-07-2008, 05:48 PM
This morning my car was covered by freezing rain. It took me 15 minutes to clean it off so I could drive safely. In the process, my scraper broke in my hand so I had to buy a new one.

At least this was still better than a big storm we had a few years ago. The ice was so thick it took me about 30 minutes just to get one of my doors open.

I park my car in the garage.:D

Training kicked my ass today, I just ate a 6in meatball sub and it should have been a foot long....damn stomach.

phattonez
02-07-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes. Anywhere else.

I'd like some good reasons for why you hate Southern California.

Pineconn
02-08-2008, 12:02 AM
Biggiy, I have a feeling you're ambivalent toward your firefighter training. ;)

I'd like some good reasons for why you hate Southern California.

Oh... I'd really rather not. I got trolled upon the last time. I have no problem with the people or area in general, just the geography.

Icey
02-08-2008, 12:22 AM
As I recall, you got called out for making some rather offensive and distasteful comments... how is that "trolled upon"? Southern California may not be perfect, but what place is? I am pefectly happy where I am and don't think we're that different from that many other places, as much as some like to claim.

Pineconn
02-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Guess what, AGN! I just learned what "to troll" means!

Wrong word. I meant "flamed" upon (merely because I stated truth). But whatever, that was a few months ago. Like I said, I'm not going into it, and that's that.

phattonez
02-08-2008, 12:51 AM
Truth? I don't remember this and I'd like to hear some of these "truths."

What's wrong with the geography? Chaparral? Mountains, beaches, plains? What's bad about it, I'm not understanding this one.

MasterSwordUltima
02-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Well clearly its because of the lack of a mountain made of gold. We've got a couple here in PA. [shrug] I don't make the rules.

Russ
02-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Oh... I'd really rather not. I got trolled upon the last time. I have no problem with the people or area in general, just the geography.
Would you mind explaining what's wrong with the geography? I've been ther before, and it seems pretty nice.

phattonez
02-08-2008, 03:11 AM
Well clearly its because of the lack of a mountain made of gold. We've got a couple here in PA. [shrug] I don't make the rules.

We have fields of oil, that's close enough. :)

moocow
02-08-2008, 08:17 AM
So, like... penis and stuff.

The_Amaster
02-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Southern California, hmmm....

*shrugs*
Nope, I really don't know all that much about it.

Pineconn
02-08-2008, 08:03 PM
Okay.

The only reason I do not like (not "hate", but "do not like") California is that the state typically gets torrential downpours, mudslides, wildfires, and earthquakes often. I'm not sure if all 4 of these disasters occur in the same part of California; perhaps this is my bias speaking.

Moocow, I like your idea. Let's go into that.

phattonez
02-08-2008, 09:40 PM
That doesn't really occur in the city of Los Angeles, but if you want to talk about natural disasters, how about those cities that get hit by hurricanes every year?

Earthquakes: very very rarely. We haven't had a big one since 1994.
Torrential downpours: sorry, I don't recall any.
Mudslides: that depends on where you live. If you want to live on the hill, that's you're own fault.
Wildfires: definitely not exclusive to California.

Pineconn
02-08-2008, 10:29 PM
Quoted directly from San Francisco Gate website (source (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2008/01/04/MN76U8PS3.DTL)):

In Southern California, areas swept clean of vegetation by wildfires less than three months ago will be prone to mudslides and flash floods, authorities warned. Flash flood warnings were in place from Los Angeles County to the Mexican border.

And you can view a video of a downpour in California just four days ago [here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=EtL0wySMctE&feature=related)]. But I think my point is not so much floods/deluges themselves, but more likely that they create mudslides. And of course what adds to the irony is that California has sunny weather most of the time. ;)

By the way, my purpose here is not to pick a fight, but just to explain why I think California has the worst weather. I happen to like where I live (I like the snow, I like the seasonal rain, and we don't get too many natural disasters or tornadoes), and I do not mean to incite anyone.

phattonez
02-08-2008, 11:12 PM
That's an argument that I've never heard: California has the WORST weather? Fire happens everywhere. Mudslides and flash floods occur in these burn areas. This is not unique to California at all.

Pineconn
02-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Cool, California also has the worst air quality (http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2002/2002-05-01-airquality.htm) in the States. You learn something new every day. And at the risk of becoming off-topic, I'm not going to argue since this is not Think Tank.

So how about Moocow's idea? :D

deathbyhokie
02-09-2008, 12:15 AM
That doesn't really occur in the city of Los Angeles, but if you want to talk about natural disasters, how about those cities that get hit by hurricanes every year?

Not many of your East Coast cities get hit hard every year. There's always some minor damage, but hurricanes tend to do more harm than good up here in Virginia. Something like 50% of our averange annual rainfall comes from tropical storms/hurricanes. Which make years like last year (when we got maybe one) suck pretty bad in the drought department

Now, in the case of Florida, it's just a case of natural selection. If you're dumb enough to live there, then you're dumb enough to have your house knocked down.

Skulkraken
02-09-2008, 12:57 AM
Ugh... you just reminded me of how often typhoons show up around where I live. <_< We usually get smacked around by one every other year or so... often right around Christmas. Granted, the house I live in (along with most everything on Guam) is made of reinforced concrete, so we're able to ride out storms topping 200mph, but it's still annoying having to play video games using an inverter because of the power poles being knocked down.

phattonez
02-09-2008, 07:59 PM
Why does this thread always die out of nowhere? AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.

The_Amaster
02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Actually, that TV thread you started got me thinking of the few good shows recently, so I've spent the last three hours watching Sonic X on YouTube. :kawaii:

phattonez
02-09-2008, 08:51 PM
Haha, that's what I get for making a thread. I'll never do it again.

Nostalgia just saps your time doesn't it?

deathbyhokie
02-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Why does this thread always die out of nowhere? AGN is not meant for people who have lives. Come back home, turn the lights off and stare in awe at the glow that comes from the monitor.

19 hours, while slow, is far from dead, especially on a Saturday. When it comes down to it, the core of the forum has better things to do that post on Saturday. Especially since alot of us have families now, and real people to spend time with.

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 12:40 AM
When it comes down to it, the core of the forum has better things to do that post on Saturday.

Speak for yourself. :(

Anyway.

Oh yeah. I just took the ACT today. Everyone who said the ACT is better than the SAT is totally correct. Instead of switching subjects every 20 or so minutes, I liked that I was able to focus on one thing for a longer length of time. And I definitely preferred having the essay at the end of the test. :D

phattonez
02-10-2008, 01:11 AM
19 hours, while slow, is far from dead, especially on a Saturday. When it comes down to it, the core of the forum has better things to do that post on Saturday. Especially since alot of us have families now, and real people to spend time with.

I guess that you missed the sarcastic tone of that post.

Russ
02-10-2008, 01:12 AM
I guess that you missed the sarcastic tone of that post.
Just so you know, I did too. I'm really good at detecting sarcasm normally, but when it comes to detecting sarcasm on the internet, I not good.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 01:24 AM
I thought that "the glow that comes from the monitor" would trigger that sarcasm detector.

Russ
02-10-2008, 01:28 AM
I thought that "the glow that comes from the monitor" would trigger that sarcasm detector.
No. In fact, although I am somewhat smart, when it comes to the world of the internet, I'm more confused than a monkey in electronics store. I don't know how I made up that dumb saying in five seconds. :D I really love that smily.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 01:47 AM
Like how Norton screws up your computer?

Russ
02-10-2008, 02:10 AM
Like how Norton screws up your computer?
I know how bad Norton is. My dad got so mad at it, and when he tried to uninstall it, it wouldn't let him, and he had to go through and delete any file relation to Norton. I hate Norton.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 02:16 AM
And now you know a little something about computers and why people hate Norton.

Russ
02-10-2008, 02:18 AM
And now you know a little something about computers and why people hate Norton.
Here something else I hate about Norton. My laptop came with a free trial of it. But I don't want the trial. Yet every time I turn my computer on, it prompts me to start the trial. It gets so annoying.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 02:30 AM
Uninstall it. Let me guess, it's a Dell?

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Go into your computer's Control Panel (you can go to Run and type in "Control Panel" if you don't know where it's at), open Add or Remove Programs, and get rid of Norton. Then download McAfee.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 02:33 AM
Or AVG, there's nothing wrong with that.

Skulkraken
02-10-2008, 02:38 AM
I second the recommendation of AVG. Plus, they have a free version of it, making it perfect for me, since I don't have the money to stay subscribed to Norton or McAfee.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 02:55 AM
I'd also get Ad-Aware, I just wish that I could schedule it without buying it.

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 04:07 AM
Yes, use Ad-Aware, too. It constantly rids Trojans and data miners from my computer (even though data miners are rather low-risk).

I've been up for 20 hours on a Saturday. So this is what the college life feels like (or is that weekdays?)!

The_Amaster
02-10-2008, 11:22 AM
*goes to download Ad-Aware*

On a lighter note, it's finally stopped snowing constantly here, so no more shoveling for a while. :D

phattonez
02-10-2008, 12:05 PM
I've been up for 20 hours on a Saturday. So this is what the college life feels like (or is that weekdays?)!

I was only awake for about 14 hours. I can't believe that I didn't take a nap yesterday.

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 04:04 PM
I want to play this halftime performance next year! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2UaVcZPsYU&feature=related)

Only, since our band is sweet, we wouldn't suck as much as them (especially during the Zelda part...since I can already play it on the trumpet).

phattonez
02-10-2008, 04:20 PM
It sounded pretty good too me. It was kinda drum heavy, didn't really have a colorguard part, and did they even have a pit? But I liked it: a very demanding show and stunning visuals.

erm2003
02-10-2008, 04:43 PM
That was an awesome video. Marching bands don't seem to be that popular around here which is too bad. They can do some amazing things!

phattonez
02-10-2008, 04:51 PM
But only the good ones can keep a crowd's attention. The lesser ones are just boring.

Aegix Drakan
02-10-2008, 05:05 PM

...Must...Quote...this...somewhere....

*stares in awe at the glow coming from the monitor...*

phattonez
02-10-2008, 05:12 PM
It should be a disclaimer when people join AGN.

deathbyhokie
02-10-2008, 07:06 PM
It should be a disclaimer when people join AGN.

We used to have the souljar, but i think SB took that with him when he dissapeared.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 07:19 PM
He's still here every once in a while. Besides, I thought that was Goat's jar.

The_Amaster
02-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Besides, I thought that was Goat's jar.
Yeah, ditto.

Well, he can have the souls. All I'm interested in is getting power of attorney over people. :D

phattonez
02-10-2008, 08:41 PM
You'd rather have control over someone's life than their afterlife?

The_Amaster
02-10-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, yeah, based on the average lifespan, their afterlife will probably be my afterlife at which time the point is moot. Whereas now is, well, now.

phattonez
02-10-2008, 09:05 PM
Unless you can take their souls with you into the afterlife.

Pineconn
02-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Cool, this thread is rated a http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/images/styles/classicblack/rating/rating_5.gif. Mooie, you must be proud.

Feasul
02-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Forget souls, forget powers of attorney. I got two words for you: Stem. Cells.
If I could get the umbilical cords of every active member on this board, I could create a monster worthy of taking over the world.
Or, you know, at least the nerdier parts of internet.

The_Amaster
02-10-2008, 09:20 PM
Yes, but at that point I launch a counterattack with my evil penguin army, backed up by my leigons of Gila Monster/Hawk mutants. Your little mutant will stand no chance. Muahahahahahahahahaha!!

phattonez
02-10-2008, 09:25 PM
But I don't have an umbilical cord.

deathbyhokie
02-10-2008, 10:55 PM
He's still here every once in a while. Besides, I thought that was Goat's jar.

Goat's jar is filled with Buttlotion. Soulblazer had the soul jar. Desperado probably had a Buttlotion jar too.

The fact that one of the three mentioned isn't even in the members list anymore dates the whole jar nonsense.

Aegix Drakan
02-10-2008, 10:56 PM
Screw that plan! You can borrow my army of captured Phycho clowns.

...or you can just take over the internet, and thus have control over all the geeks in the world, which probably account for over 20% of the population of north america at the present moment.

Russ
02-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Yes, but at that point I launch a counterattack with my evil penguin army, backed up by my leigons of Gila Monster/Hawk mutants. Your little mutant will stand no chance. Muahahahahahahahahaha!!
Something tells me your stem cells would make up the majority of the said mutants made. :D

phattonez
02-10-2008, 11:36 PM
I don't know Desperado, that's before even my time. In fact, we have only a few from AGN's Golden Era that even show up here. I came up at the tail end of it so I missed a lot.

MasterSwordUltima
02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Screw that plan! You can borrow my army of captured Phycho clowns.

...or you can just take over the internet, and thus have control over all the geeks in the world, which probably account for over 20% of the population of north america at the present moment.

Are you serious? Everybody and their grandmother uses the internet these days. More like 90% of the population. And its not just the nerds who have incredible computer knowlege. You do some shadysneaky incognito advertising, or even pull it off through memes, bam. You own everything.

Pineconn
02-11-2008, 03:02 PM
On a lighter note, it's finally stopped snowing constantly here, so no more shoveling for a while. :D

Wrong. I'd say 3-6 is shovelable. ;)

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/map_spectrop08_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg

Russ
02-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Wrong. I'd say 3-6 is shovelable. ;)

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/map_spectrop08_ltst_6nh_enus_600x405.jpg
Why can't I ever get snow like that?

Pineconn
02-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Haha, 6-12 FTW (NE Ohio)!

On a side note, we had no school today because it's cold. Bah, -10°F wind chill is nothing!

Aegix Drakan
02-11-2008, 03:20 PM
Minus 10 F ?!? COLD?!?

We have -25 CELSIUS here today, and in the evening, it'll be -30 something.

It's so cold that when I breathe in through my nose, my snot freezes instantly. Go survive a day in that kind of cold, and then we'll talk.

Pineconn
02-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Like I said, that really isn't that cold. But there are people out there who would sue the school district because their perfect little kid had to wait outside for the bus in the cold for 5 minutes, and the last thing our school needs is more financial issues.

Russ
02-11-2008, 03:37 PM
-10 degrees! Gosh that's cold!

deathbyhokie
02-11-2008, 06:11 PM
On a side note, we had no school today because it's cold. Bah, -10°F wind chill is nothing!

They closed down schools in Va a couple times for threat of snow. Nothing had actually fallen, but they still closed down.

Then again, the second one flake falls, everyone around here forgets how to drive, so maybe it's for the best.

Russ
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Then again, the second one flake falls, everyone around here forgets how to drive, so maybe it's for the best.
That sounds like my mom. She cannot drive in snow at all.

phattonez
02-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Really cold winters, really hot summers. I don't know how all you people deal with that kind of weather. Especially St. Louis, that has to be the worst city in terms of weather.

Feasul
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Minus 10 F ?!? COLD?!?

We have -25 CELSIUS here today, and in the evening, it'll be -30 something.

It's so cold that when I breathe in through my nose, my snot freezes instantly. Go survive a day in that kind of cold, and then we'll talk.

Just so you know, -25 celsius is actually -13, farenheit, so it was pretty close.

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I was actually just about to post that. I was thinking about that in school today and realized that those numbers aren't that far off. Haha.

Aegix Drakan
02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Just so you know, -25 celsius is actually -13, farenheit, so it was pretty close.

:P Dear me, I never learned how to convert degrees (or if I do, I don't remember)

likesallusions
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
I haven't been to this site in forever. Last time I came here it was down for bandwidth problems or something. Gaah! I don't want to look up the equation for conversion of fahrenheit to celsius right now. ...googling it...is it fahrenheit minus 32, then divided by 1.8? I thought I learned it differently, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 11:08 PM
Welcome back... person I've never seen before (perhaps because I didn't become active until after you left?). :p

From Celsius to Fahrenheit: °F=((9/5)*°C)+32
From Fahrenheit to Celsius: °C=(°F-32)*(5/9)
From Celsius to Kelvins: °K=°C+273

That's off the top of my head. The "273" in the °C→°K conversion may be rounded... I'm not sure on that one.

likesallusions
02-12-2008, 11:24 PM
And yet so many people that have started well after I did have so many more posts. Hello (I will probably still never remember those equations, even after having it in multiple science classes since grade school.)

The_Amaster
02-12-2008, 11:30 PM
And from Celsius to Amasterians is +35 x 1.8. ;)

Russ
02-12-2008, 11:34 PM
And from Celsius to Amasterians is +35 x 1.8. ;)
Which is exactly why nobody used Amaserians. If you want to keep it simple, do some conversion like +1. :D

Pineconn
02-12-2008, 11:53 PM
Fahrenheit to Pineconnians is: °P=(((°F-(4/25))*(21.5))*(6/126))+0.045

I dare somebody find the value in Pineconnians (pine-CAHN-ee-ins) if we have a temperature of 5°F.

Russ
02-13-2008, 12:52 AM
5.000238095238. After that, it becomes a non terminating decimal that keeps repeating the 0238095238 part. So, all Pineconnians do to °F is add a long non terminating decimal to the end. Not very useful. I say AGN makes Russadians the official temperature recording.

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
5.000238095238. After that, it becomes a non terminating decimal that keeps repeating the 0238095238 part. So, all Pineconnians do to °F is add a long non terminating decimal to the end.

That was the point. I made you do a math problem to get the same answer (when rounded). :p

Russ
02-13-2008, 12:08 PM
So you're basically just pure evil. http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_superevil.gif (javascript:add_smilie() I love that smily.

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Note that I go to Lakeview High School in Cortland of Trumbull County, Ohio. There is another Lakeview in Stonoboro, Pennsylvania, not too far from here.

I wake up at 6:20 A.M. and turn on a local news station. At the bottom, it reads:

Trumbull County Schs: Closed

"Yes, another snow day!" So I decide to watch the news. It updates:

Lakeview Local Schs: Opening 2 hours late

This makes no sense, right? How can all Trumbull County schools be closed, but mine be opening 2 hours late? Well, later, it says this:

Lakeview High - Cortland: Opening 2 hours late
Lakeview Local Schs: Closed

It stays like this for about 10 minutes. I have no idea if we have school or not. Seriously, what am I supposed to do? Finally, they update it once more:

Lakeview High - AM Preschool: Closed
Lakeview Schs - Cortland: Closed
Lakeview Schs - Stoneboro: Opening 2 hours late

Why do I live among idiots? :banghead:

phattonez
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Because you're in Ohio?

The_Amaster
02-13-2008, 02:00 PM
Ha HA! Ohhhh, burned!

Just do what I do. Lose all patience, and vow revenge and subservience of the entire world from your robot army. It happened a few years ago, and I've never looked back.
Any month now, any month...

Russ
02-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Why do I live among idiots? :banghead:
Wow, I thought my local news people were dumb.

Just do what I do. Lose all patience, and vow revenge and subservience of the entire world from your robot army. It happened a few years ago, and I've never looked back.
Any month now, any month...
So, where is this robot army of yours?

The_Amaster
02-13-2008, 03:00 PM
Well, the shock troops are stored in the secret lab under my basement, and the enormous special mechas in a cavern beneath that, with metal hangers on the ceiling for my fighter-jet robos. It's a pretty sweet operation, if I do say so myself.

Russ
02-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Well, the shock troops are stored in the secret lab under my basement, and the enormous special mechas in a cavern beneath that, with metal hangers on the ceiling for my fighter-jet robos. It's a pretty sweet operation, if I do say so myself.
And how is it that the neighbors don't complain about the nosie the make?

phattonez
02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Because it's underground?

Russ
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Because it's underground?
So are the rats that used to be in th crawlspace under our house. We could hear those things.

Pineconn
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
Ha HA! Ohhhh, burned!

Like California every summer?

Oh oh oh OHHHH.

California: 1
Ohio: 1

phattonez
02-13-2008, 07:16 PM
^^Totally exaggerated.

likesallusions
02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
How big were the rats? You got rattlesnakes? Cause they're loud.

Aegix Drakan
02-13-2008, 09:17 PM
/me backs away from Amaster and dives into his Bunker

>_> best to be safe...with Amaster, I don't know what to think...

And you had RATS in a crawlspace Russadwan? :P I'll have to assume they're not the kind that cook you dinner. ...That must've sucked for you man...Rats that you can hear running around at night must NOT be fun.

Feasul
02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
Especially if they're those kick-ass NIMH rats.
>_>
<_<
I did not just reference a book I haven't read since 5th grade.

phattonez
02-14-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm so hungry, and those rats and snakes aren't sounding all too bad right now.

The_Amaster
02-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Oh yeah, that was a good book. I should re-read that.

Geez, so I'm at school from 7 till 10 tonight for my one short scene in Hamlet. There is no rest for the drama kid.

Aegix Drakan
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Geez, so I'm at school from 7 till 10 tonight for my one short scene in Hamlet. There is no rest for the drama kid.

What role are you playing?

Deviance
02-15-2008, 05:05 AM
I'm so hungry, and those rats and snakes aren't sounding all too bad right now.

I'm so hungry I could eat an octrock. :P

Anways. Yeah I'm still around somewhat :P

Feasul
02-15-2008, 05:06 AM
I'm so jealous. I don't care that you're not Hamlet himself, I'm jealous anyway. Hamlet is my dream role, that I really want to play some day. *hopes*

Russ
02-15-2008, 11:32 AM
And you had RATS in a crawlspace Russadwan? :P I'll have to assume they're not the kind that cook you dinner. ...That must've sucked for you man...Rats that you can hear running around at night must NOT be fun.
Those weren't really the bad ones. The ones in the attic were the really annoying ones. It took two years of having pest control come out to my house to get rid of them. And I found out why. Our neighbors put up squirell feaders, and the rats just go over there, eat, and crawl back into out crawlspace.

>_>
<_<
If they were as big as those, I wouldn't have a house right now,

I did not just reference a book I haven't read since 4th grade.

MasterSwordUltima
02-15-2008, 01:02 PM
What in the hell is this "Add Infraction for <username>" by the add rep button? Did I get a staff promotion or something that I didn't know about?

Pineconn
02-15-2008, 02:40 PM
What in the hell is this "Add Infraction for <username>" by the add rep button? Did I get a staff promotion or something that I didn't know about?

DD recently gave this power to all hosted forum mods....which means you and me. Quote:

Yeah. vB is configured so that all moderators can give infractions everywhere. Abusing the power in forums you do not moderate is not recommended.

Only senior staff can give infractions to other staff, which is why I'm immune.

Russ
02-15-2008, 02:54 PM
You have the power to do that now? Wow, lucky.

The_Amaster
02-15-2008, 05:44 PM
What role are you playing?
I'm a Gravedigger, which means I'm on stage for about 4 minuites. Bleh.

I'm so hungry I could eat an octrock.
No...just......no.

Skulkraken
02-15-2008, 05:54 PM
>_>
<_<

What? There's a book? I only saw the movie... My family also has something of a rat problem, though it's gone down considerably thanks to our neighbors' cats. I just wish I knew why those dang cats would occasionally leave bloody, headless rats on our doorstep.

Russ
02-15-2008, 05:55 PM
What? There's a book? I only saw the movie... My family also has something of a rat problem, though it's gone down considerably thanks to our neighbors' cats. I just wish I knew why those dang cats would occasionally leave bloody, headless rats on our doorstep.
They think they are giving you a gift.

The_Amaster
02-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Yeah, there's a book, and believe me, it's far better than the movie.

phattonez
02-15-2008, 06:47 PM
^^Almost always the case.

MasterSwordUltima
02-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Was there a book for the Matrix? I know that it was meant to be a comic book universe thing, but was there a book?

Also thanks for telling me Pineconn, it definitely just showed up a day ago, creeped me out. Now back to my reheated pizza hut pizza.

phattonez
02-16-2008, 12:45 PM
So I came home this weekend, but I have no clothes to wear unless I wash them, and guess what I don't feel like doing.

MasterSwordUltima
02-16-2008, 12:49 PM
You probably don't feel like playing Bogel, or filling out paperwork for your car insurance. Am I right? Am I? Eh, eh? Yeah, you know I am. A million Pineconn Dollars for you sir.

phattonez
02-16-2008, 12:51 PM
I only accept Phattonez dollars, sorry.

MasterSwordUltima
02-16-2008, 12:57 PM
I don't care, I've got so many Pineconn dollars, I have to give them away some how.

Use them as napkins or something.

phattonez
02-16-2008, 01:03 PM
Isn't there a currency exchange place somewhere on here?

MasterSwordUltima
02-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm sure there is, probably a page or two back. Now its time for some ascii art.

OH GOD ITS UGLY, DON'T LOOK

phattonez
02-16-2008, 01:10 PM
I think there's something missing there.

Aegix Drakan
02-16-2008, 05:48 PM
I'll take those pineconn dollars off you hands!

>_> Since I have a lot of gaps in my schedule, I went around trying to get a part time job. I went to ten places, and spent my whole day on it. That was last friday. So I got a call on Wednesday from the local Mc donalds, saying they want a pre-interview. It went well, I think, and they said they'd call back the next day.

Nothing. So I spend the WHOLE friday at home with no Phone or internet access (since that would block all incoming calls, the stupid dial up). and they STILL didn't call!

...This is not the first time I've been rejected EVERYWHERE, but come on...Mc donalds never called back, and they said they're a bit understaffed. >_> I guess Jobs ar ejust ANOTHER thing I have bad luck with...

phattonez
02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Are you stupid? If you're not stupid then you won't be hired.

Aegix Drakan
02-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Are you stupid? If you're not stupid then you won't be hired.

:glare: Step over here and say that again, buddy.

And no, considering I got through high school and most of college OK, I'm not stupid.

*sigh* I'm just ticked off that they said they'd call me back, and they never did.

phattonez
02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
That was actually a compliment saying that you shouldn't be working at McDonalds.

Skulkraken
02-16-2008, 07:21 PM
One of my professors actually had a story too about McDonald's hiring policies. They supposedly avoid hiring anyone above a certain IQ level because, in theory, smarter people get bored more easily with repetitive, dead-end jobs and demand raises and promotions more often. I don't know if it's true or if it was just her being mad at not being hired by McDonald's.

phattonez
02-16-2008, 07:27 PM
It's the same thing that a lot of businesses do. They don't want people that are over-qualified because then you have to promote them and then they need to find new people to replace the ones that have gone up. They want people who will stay at the same low paying job for years.

Aegix Drakan
02-16-2008, 07:44 PM
That was actually a compliment saying that you shouldn't be working at McDonalds.

...*smashes head into desk* ...I am such an idiot... I completely misread the comment in question. ...Sorry about that Phattonez.

...Well...on the upside... I guess I can't be that much of an idiot, or they would have hired me! XD

And If that bit about getting the stupidest people possible to work there is true, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. They have HIGHLY unhealthy food (apparently even flies and bacteria avoid it) and they put quick dissolving sugar in their stuff to make you feel good, so you'll come back.

phattonez
02-16-2008, 07:53 PM
You leave some McDonalds food outside for a while, and I guarantee that you will have all kinds of bugs around it. Those arguments don't work for me.

The_Amaster
02-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Hehe, yeah, our McDonalds has a huge cutout of a young woman looking assertive and confident. Next to it is a list of reasons why you should work at McDonalds, like "Many oppertunities for advancemet", "good money", and "life skills". Every time I look at it, I mentally scream "BS!".

MasterSwordUltima
02-17-2008, 05:13 AM
You should check around any plant nursery places, if there are any around you. Theres this one about two miles down the road from me, called Glenmar Nursery, and my neighbor works there. He got in really easily, and he was 15 or 16 at the time.

Places like that usually just have you go around watering plants [if they don't have electric sprinklers, most will however] or moving mulch, or feeding fish, stuff like that. Its actually incredibly relaxing.

---
Know whats fun about ordering two M4-A1's online, and having the second one break? All the extra parts that I can now sell individually for more pineconn dollars. Wooo.

The_Amaster
02-17-2008, 11:33 AM
I have been looking for a weekday summer job, and there is a nursery just a few miles from here...

I should look into it.

MasterSwordUltima
02-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Well then, my secret underground network of ninja seems to be working quite efficiently. Good day to you sir.

The_Amaster
02-17-2008, 11:44 AM
...wait...

...what?

Oh, I am so confused right now...

MasterSwordUltima
02-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Yes, you are.

---
So I'm boiling some noodles. They'll be done in a few minutes. Now the question is, what type of sauce should I use? Alfredo Sauce [with aged parmesan], Ragu Six Cheese, or Cream of Chicken?

I'm thinking the Ragu.

I'm starting to loose faith in the uber god powers of this thread, since nobody replied within my 5 minutes allotted time.

phattonez
02-17-2008, 01:52 PM
Ragu is the most terrible pasta sauce, IMO. I can't stand it.

Aegix Drakan
02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
You should check around any plant nursery places, if there are any around you.

:s If there were any places like that here, I'd apply for sure. But I'm pretty sure there are none in my near vicinity.

phattonez
02-17-2008, 04:58 PM
Get a driving job, those are always fun. I'm trying to get a job driving a small shuttle around campus, and they basically said that I'll get it in a few months, and they'll even help me get a Class B License. Sounds good to me.

Feasul
02-17-2008, 09:46 PM
Alfredo. Always alfredo.

Dechipher
02-17-2008, 10:24 PM
This thread is wiggity niggity whack, yo.

Russ
02-17-2008, 10:55 PM
This thread is wiggity niggity whack, yo.
That's the point. :D

The_Amaster
02-17-2008, 11:20 PM
So I'm playing the Civilization board game with my family right?
And my brother, who is fanatical about cinnamon invests all of his money, I mean all of it, into an attacking army composed of 18 units to conquer my lone cinnamon city up north. Now I'm panicking. I have just enough to fight him, but it would bankrupt me as well. So I'm thinking, and then it hits me.

He just spent all his money!

He's gathered all of his forces up in a basicly deserted area, and left his main cities defensless, and he's spent all his money.

So I pass. Next turn I'll invest a fair share of my money into an invasion fleet, and from there shatter his empire. Oh yeah, it's gonna be good.

Don't know why I really typed this, just felt like it.

phattonez
02-18-2008, 02:14 AM
There's a Civilization board game?! I thought that it was only online?

That's a really stupid move on his part.

MasterSwordUltima
02-18-2008, 09:07 AM
You play with cinnamon? What the fuck?

Aegix Drakan
02-18-2008, 09:38 AM
:P VERY bad move on his part.

I have Civ 2, the test of time, on my PC. I like the Sci-Fi and Fantasy based scenarios. ...only ever beat the Sci-fi mode though...And I had only about 5 turns left before the game ended.

deathbyhokie
02-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I have Civ 2, the test of time, on my PC. I like the Sci-Fi and Fantasy based scenarios. ...only ever beat the Sci-fi mode though...And I had only about 5 turns left before the game ended.

The regular fantasy game isn't hard to beat. You play as the Stygians, and get Barrow Wights. Then you kick everyone else's asses. Be sure to kill off the Goblins before they put too many tunnels to Hel down, and you've got a high production, very defensible base of operations in Hel.

Oh, and kill the Elves fast too. Those trees suck ass.

biggiy05
02-18-2008, 04:14 PM
Screw You Shit Hole Job!

.....I mean *ahem*...after looking for a solid two-three months I may finally be able to quit my shit hole of a job I have to work at the Mount Carmel hospitals.

"Mount Carmel Application forwarded to hiring manager"

HELL YEAH! Sorry I'm just a little excited about leaving kroger and finally being able to say fuck you to some of my supervisors...well just Bernadette because she's a cow.

phattonez
02-18-2008, 04:31 PM
Here's a strange question. Look at your finger nails. Do they rest on the finger or do they extend past the finger?

Most of my nails rest on the fingers, but my left ring finger nail extends past the finger, and it really screws me up when I'm bowling. I always have to cut it before bowling and go into the pink of the nail.

Feasul
02-18-2008, 07:02 PM
*looks at hand*
What fingernails?
I'm pretty sure I'm just not even going to have fingers anymore by the time I'm 30, that's how badly I bite them.

biggiy05
02-18-2008, 08:11 PM
I can't stand people who bite their fingernails, it's so disgusting.

Pineconn
02-18-2008, 08:58 PM
I can't say how disappointed I am. I was gone for a few days, and when I come back, nothing exciting has happened. And to think, I dreamed of AGN for nothing.

Oh yeah. My fingernails are kind of in between. They sort of rest on the finger, but they are sort of propped up a little.

phattonez
02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Everything that has happened has been in Think Tank.

MoonCheese
02-18-2008, 11:08 PM
I used to bite my nails as a kid. My problem was, if a nail looked "funny" (like oddly pointed or something) I would want to bite it, and it would just make it worse, so I'd bite it again, and so on. Eventually, I discovered nail clippers, and those cured my biting habit.

Feasul
02-19-2008, 12:39 AM
I relate to that perfectly, except for one thing. When I discovered nail clippers, that didn't cure the habit, I just started compulsively clipping my nail rather than biting them. Then my girlfriend gave me a swiss army knife for my birthday and now I cut not only my nails, but the skin around them. I tell you, some day I'm just gonna cut off my fingers.
Also, I saw the words "Think Tank" in phattonez' post and thought it said "Star Trek". I'm so lame.

Shyvus
02-19-2008, 12:42 AM
I lost the game.

MoonCheese
02-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Well, I clip compulsively too sometimes, but I was cured of the biting habit per se. So I just replaced one habit with another. If I notice something "wrong" with my nails and have no access to clippers, it often bothers me all day until I can get home.

phattonez
02-19-2008, 02:41 AM
MoonCheese? Don't you know that the set was made of plastic?

Feasul
02-19-2008, 04:17 AM
Well, I clip compulsively too sometimes, but I was cured of the biting habit per se. So I just replaced one habit with another. If I notice something "wrong" with my nails and have no access to clippers, it often bothers me all day until I can get home.

Oh my god, you're me. I lost my knife for a week once. I was a wreck. My nails started growing all lopsided, I could feel them sticking out, it was awful. Heck, I go nuts if I lose my knife for two hours.

EDIT: Ok, so it's almost 4:30 AM, and I just noticed the strangest thing. Ok, so I've noticed it before, but it just hit me again. I almost never go to bed before 5, and there are people who wake up at this time. I mean, Monday isn't quite over for me yet, and some people's Tuesdays are just starting. That blows my mind. Especially when I realize that if it weren't for classes, I'd have absolutely no concept of what day it is. Sometimes I go to bed at like 8 in the morning, after eating breakfast. It's like, it's Monday, then I eat breakfast Tuesday morning, then I go bed, I wake up 6 hours later, what day is it now? Without classes I'd have no clue. Then sometimes I take naps in the afternoon, or I go to bed early and wake up at 3AM, when usually I'd not have gone to bed yet. I need to get a friggin' sleep schedule.

erm2003
02-19-2008, 09:30 AM
^^ Yeah. I am normally up at 5 AM to get ready for work, but this week I am off.

Aegix Drakan
02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
:P I'm also a compulsive finger clipper. I like my nails REALLY short. ...And at least now I save my teeth.

andabout Civ 2...>_> I find that the races are terribly unbalanced. Humans, elves and infidels start out on thesurface, with no special access to other worlds. Merfolk get the ocean to themselves, since no other race can build cities down there. the Buteo can ONLY travel and build cities in the clouds, and on land (and the clouds suck. Almost nothing worth having up there). And so on. >_> I prefer the merfolk. you get unique acess to the ocean floor, which is chock full of resources.

Russ
02-19-2008, 11:48 AM
:P I'm also a compulsive finger clipper. I like my nails REALLY short. ...And at least now I save my teeth.

Same for me. I don't like having long nails. Although my younger brother does, and he uses them as weapons.

Aegix Drakan
02-19-2008, 11:57 AM
-_- My brother does that too, Russadwan... He's literally got claws.

*shivers*

Russ
02-19-2008, 12:16 PM
-_- My brother does that too, Russadwan... He's literally got claws.

*shivers*
Claws fail to describe the knives growing one my brothers hands and feet. *Rubs slash mark on foot* My brother goes crazy with them.

Feasul
02-19-2008, 12:51 PM
My brother has normal nails except for one abnormally long one on his big toe. It makes sparring with him a bitch.

MoonCheese
02-19-2008, 01:11 PM
andabout Civ 2...>_> I find that the races are terribly unbalanced. Humans, elves and infidels start out on thesurface, with no special access to other worlds. Merfolk get the ocean to themselves, since no other race can build cities down there. the Buteo can ONLY travel and build cities in the clouds, and on land (and the clouds suck. Almost nothing worth having up there). And so on. >_> I prefer the merfolk. you get unique acess to the ocean floor, which is chock full of resources.

I've played Civ 2, and I don't remember there being different races. Was this some kind of mod or expansion pack? Or not the game I'm thinking of? I've played Sid Meier's Civilization series, but not the Call to Power series (which was also called "Civilization" for a while).

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 06:14 PM
Okay, so I wake up literally 7 minutes before school begins today, so I quickly grab my clothes, deodorant, keys, and wallet, then I rush to school. In a blizzard. (No, I didn't even brush my teeth or pee - I end up emptying my reservoir at 3:30.) So then I do this perfect skid on the school's main road into the parking lot (it was amazing, seriously, just like it was out of a movie). I make my own parking spot, run into school, and find that I'm three minutes late. Come lunch, I realize I forgot my wallet in my car.

I hate these kinds of days.

MasterSwordUltima
02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
Woo, I just order a Stromboli chock full of meats and cheese, also two orders of mozzarella sticks, and some nacho cheese fries. Gotta go pick it up in about five minutes. Then Sute and I can chow down whilst blasting zombies Umbrella Chronicles style. What a night. :D

[and the best part, this meal is free, because my bank gave me a $25 gift card for getting Sute a checking account. Oooohh yeeah. *plays Brawl's Pokémon Red & Blue's Route 1 music*]

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Sounds like your day was "slightly" better than mine. :unhappy: Ooh, and I do like the Route 1 music.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/PkmRB-1.mid

The_Amaster
02-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Route 1 is nice, but I'm more of a Sonic Angel Island fan right now. Dialga/Palkia Battle is pretty good as well.

Russ
02-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Sounds like your day was "slightly" better than mine. :unhappy: Ooh, and I do like the Route 1 music.

http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/gameboy/PkmRB-1.mid
Isn't it amazing how completly random you can be on this thread? And the best part is, it's impossible to get off topic. :D

deathbyhokie
02-19-2008, 09:52 PM

I don't recall the ocean being good for anything but food. Also, I don't think there's restrictions on where you can build cities, regardless of race. You just have to get to the planes. and maybe find the right goodie huts.

The underworld has a pile of high production squares, usually clustered together. Plus, you find dwarves down there. And for some strange reason, as soon as you bribe one Dwarf to join you, he turns out to be King of the Dwarves, and you get to build them as units.

The clouds suck, btw. The only good reason to build cloud cities is so you can have a base for Sorcerer operations. No food, barely any production.

Be sure to be the one to build the Marco Polo's Embassy analog. It ensures that you'll get your race's hero unit, which is usually pretty bad-ass.

Mooncheese: The game we're talking about is Civ 2: Test of Time. It was a later version that had basic Civ 2, the EXpanded Civ 2 (where landing on Alpha Centuari just started the whole establishing a civilization process over again), a space version, and a fantasy version (based on Norse mythology)

phattonez
02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
Isn't it amazing how completly random you can be on this thread? And the best part is, it's impossible to get off topic. :D

Dogs on a flagpole treat people in an ice cream burger?

MoonCheese
02-19-2008, 10:27 PM
Yes, let's elaborate more on the ice cream burger flagpole dogs. What do they treat people with? Are they all balanced at the top of the flagpole, or is the pole resting on the ground? Are they tied, leashed, duct-taped, or in any other way fastened to the pole? And is an ice cream burger entirely made out of ice cream, or is it just a scoop of ice cream in a hamburger bun?

You see, you should always ask questions about anything new or complex. You might learn something.

Aegix Drakan
02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
Also, I don't think there's restrictions on where you can build cities, regardless of race. You just have to get to the planes. and maybe find the right goodie huts.

>_> go figure the odds on going to a new plane, and managing to find a goody hut that gives you a settler unit so yo ucna make a city there. ...of course...I almost forgot the option to seige a city and take it over :sly:

oh...that reminds me...One time, my embassador was expelled back to my capital city...WHICH WAS UNDERWATER. ...Poor skald could never leave, for some reason. XD

And Mc Donalds just called be back for a second interview today... :o So I went, and if they call back on friday, I got a job there. :o Noooooo! I'm being mistaken for a stupid person! ...That, or the guy posts here too, and saw my stupid mistake a few posts ago... :(

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 10:43 PM
So I went, and if they call back on friday, I got a job there. :o Noooooo! I'm being mistaken for a stupid person!

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/image.php?u=390&dateline=1188625505

So yeah, ice cream burger flagpole dogs and stuff.

The_Amaster
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
..and at that point, Pineconn was attacked by a weasel...wielding a chainsaw...with a cucumber sticking out of it's mouth!

on the subject of Civ, well, the board game version is massive. The board is probably three feet by four and a half, and there are over a thousand little plastic figures for settlers, units, etc. Not to mention 500 or so city cards, tech cards, wonder cards and improvement cards. The game is ginormous.

MoonCheese
02-19-2008, 11:28 PM
Uh-oh, not another chainsaw weasel! I just saw one of those yestermonth! Anyway, the weasel was being chased by a sentient bottle of Pepto-Bismol over the linoleum, which was on the back of a walking dead hippopotamus.

I've heard of the Civ board game. I would imagine it takes forever and a half, even longer than Risk, which we used to play at school sometimes.

Pineconn
02-19-2008, 11:42 PM
And with that, I'm one-quarter of the way to the big 10K mark.

What a journey it will be.

Russ
02-20-2008, 12:11 AM
And with that, I'm one-quarter of the way to the big 10K mark.

What a journey it will be.
I wonder how long it will take you to reach it. At the rate your going at, it will be a long time.

MasterSwordUltima
02-20-2008, 12:22 AM
This thread is in serious need of a catchphrase, that way when anybody says it outside of this thread, we all zerg-rush this thread about the thread that mentioned it. And we'll laugh.

MoonCheese
02-20-2008, 12:31 AM
How about "the"?

MasterSwordUltima
02-20-2008, 12:41 AM
Lacks character. Refused.

MoonCheese
02-20-2008, 12:50 AM
Yeah, but people going nuts over a mundane word like "the" would be weird. THE! How about "gubernatorial platypus"?

Feasul
02-20-2008, 02:36 AM
All these random sentences remind me of an acting class I'm taking. Last week we did an exercise wear we each wrote one word on a big sheet of paper to make sentences. The only two I remember are "Breakfast makes good pancakes for my dead mother" and "Alligator skins refrigerate icy bodies." Then we were split into groups to write songs for these sentences. Oh the hilarity.

Russ
02-20-2008, 02:38 AM
That sounds quite interesting.

Feasul
02-20-2008, 03:37 AM
It is quite a fun class. Best class ever, though, is Metaphysics. It's all about math, what it really is, whether it actually has any real content, cause it's not actually immediately obvious whether math has real content. I say it does, but then again I'm a mathematician. There are people who say it's all mental constructions or linguistic conventions, and some people who even go so far as to say it's all a grand fiction that we've come up with to sort out phenomena. That last theory isn't very plausible for a few reasons, but the rest of it, who knows?

Dechipher
02-20-2008, 04:05 AM
Eventually they're going to move this thread to Forum Games and you guys will lose half of your posts.

And I will lose three. Ish.

Feasul
02-20-2008, 04:08 AM
I can live with that. I've been here for four years and I've only got 500 posts anyway, what do I care?

phattonez
02-20-2008, 04:34 AM
phattonez 466
Pineconn 223
Darth Marsden 160
Amaster42 158
biggiy05 156
Aegix Drakan 110

Damn, that would be a lot of lost posts for me.

Icey
02-20-2008, 06:19 AM
Yes, your contributions regarding belly button lint must not rot in the Forum Games section!

Seriously though, I don't think anyone here really views post count as a big deal... and as this thread gets some good activity and some fun, albeit random, discussions going in general discussion, it'd be nice if it stayed right here :)

Skulkraken
02-20-2008, 08:23 AM
How many more pages is this thread able to handle, anyway? If we go too far, will we cause it to explode in a massive um, explosion of randomness?

MasterSwordUltima
02-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Hah, and then there will be all these jobs, nail clippers, civilization 2 games, and pineconn dollars, all over the place. That would be excellent.

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes, your contributions regarding belly button lint must not rot in the Forum Games section!

Perhaps one of my favorite posts in this thread:

So I just pulled this 1-inch long cylinder of gunk from my belly button... and it smells bad. Very bad. That's an area I need to touch up on when I'm in the shower. :kawaii:

My favorite picture I posted was the one of the man leaning out of a car and throwing up/spitting out coffee, but it got taken down. Bummer.

Feasul
02-20-2008, 04:12 PM
I can see it now:
-Captain's log, Stardate 46793.2. We're 98 pages in the "So..." thread and we've almost reached critical mass. Scotty! What ............... are you going to do?!
-Ah dun't know, Captain! We'rrrrrrrre goooin' ter unerrrrrgooo grrrraviational collapse sooooon!
(Since I suck at typing out exaggerated Scottish accents, I'm gonna leave the rest to your imaginations.)

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 06:23 PM
So I finally got my SAT and ACT scores back. I got an 1890 on the SAT and a 30 on the ACT. Are these scores any good? (For people who don't know, the max for the SAT is 2400, and the max for the ACT is 36. You get points taken off for marking an incorrect answer on the SAT, but you don't on the ACT.)

Honestly, now that I know what I'm up against, I think I can do better on these tests (more so on the SAT).

MasterSwordUltima
02-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Couldn't you figure it out yourself, that you did pretty good? [shrug]

Russ
02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Sounds look you did pretty well. So, which one do you like better, the SAT or the ACT?

MoonCheese
02-20-2008, 06:58 PM
I got 1400 back when SAT scores only went up to 1600. I was one of the last people to take the old SAT, which was phased out in 2005. I heard the new SAT dispensed with those tricky vocabulary sections at least.

I got a 25 the first time I took the ACT, then re-took it and got 31.

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 07:20 PM
I heard the new SAT dispensed with those tricky vocabulary sections at least.

Oh no, the new SAT still has those stupid questions like these:

1. As I entered the room, my viewing the _______ girl brought about _______ feelings.

(A) pale . . ambivalent
(B) wretched . . nostalgic
(C) homely . . sympathetic
(D) colorful . . anxious
(E) petite . . unnerving

Or did you mean something else? (Actually, that was a pretty good question I just made up. Anyone care to guess?)

So, which one do you like better, the SAT or the ACT?

ACT. It was much more balanced.

phattonez
02-20-2008, 07:49 PM
I got a 32 on the ACT and 1910 on the SAT. I hate the SAT and I really liked the ACT.

MoonCheese
02-20-2008, 07:56 PM
I must have heard wrong, or misremembered (probably the latter, as after I took the SAT I lost interest in the fact that it exists). Maybe it was the analogies or something. You know...
grombooviant : capulous :: intorian : _____
(a) fumbian
(b) intergrumitory
(c) quivious
(d) artrunnic
(e) lassiary

DISCLAIMER: The preceding words were made up. Any resemblance to actual words is purely coincidental.

I definitely preferred the ACT. It's interesting how the ACT's English section (which is more like grammar and punctuation) is nothing like that of the (old) SAT (vocabulary).

Aegix Drakan
02-20-2008, 08:09 PM
DISCLAIMER: The preceding words were made up. Any resemblance to actual words is purely coincidental.

>_> You scared me for a second. I mean seriously:

grombooviant

...What The Flying Flapjack? If that was an english word, I'd have to wonder what the heck language I've been using all my life.

...I nominate grombooviant as the Catchphrase for this topic!

Russ
02-20-2008, 08:29 PM
DISCLAIMER: The preceding words were made up. Any resemblance to actual words is purely coincidental

Thanks goodness! I thought those words were actually on the test for a minute.

Icey
02-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Pineconn, my reference wasn't actually intended to get you to post that again. Yuck :p

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 08:57 PM
I couldn't resist. :)

Yeah, that must be it. There weren't any analogies on the test. I happen to like them, too, and would prefer them over vocabulary any day.

The_Amaster
02-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Those scores seem pretty good. Not phenomenal, but better than a lot of people.

Ugh, not only do I have to contend with the ACT and the SAT, but I also have my AP tests coming up.

*goes philisophical*
What is it with this need to validate, to slap an arbitrary number value on every facet of life? Is it not enough to simply foster intelligence uninhibited? Must we classify everything?

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 09:41 PM
*goes philosophical*
What is it with this need to validate, to slap an arbitrary number value on every facet of life? Is it not enough to simply foster intelligence uninhibited? Must we classify everything?

As paradoxical as that is, your premonition dispels outspoken proverbial intrusion.

:D

The_Amaster
02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
*claps lightly*
Very nice. 17 points.

Russ
02-20-2008, 10:02 PM
*claps lightly*
Very nice. 17 points.
Just for the laugh you that post gave me, 25 points.

Pineconn
02-20-2008, 10:18 PM
....But I give myself 14.039 Pineconn Dollars!

I win. :mega:

Russ
02-20-2008, 11:06 PM
You spend Pineconn dollars too much. In fact, they just crashed. They're worth nothing now. Which puts Russ dollars as the number one curency at AGN. And I'm so nice, I'll let you trade in all your worthless Pineconn dollars for Russ dollars. And just as a warning, the future of MSU and Amaster dollars is looking bleak. Exchange now!

phattonez
02-20-2008, 11:46 PM
Meanwhile, phattonez dollars have experienced hyperinflation. This is a golden opportunity to invest.

Shyvus
02-21-2008, 02:05 AM
I've had the word cheese stuck in my head for the last month, at least.

I don't even know how that works.

Aliem
02-21-2008, 03:33 AM
I've had the word cheese stuck in my head for the last month, at least.

I don't even know how that works.I can understand getting a song or a tune stuck in your head, but a single word? The word 'cheese' repeated over... and over... Man, I'm sorry. Hopefully the voice in which it's being spoken is something like Morgan Freeman, and not Bobcat Goldthwait.

Feasul
02-21-2008, 04:32 AM
Yeah. If Morgan Freeman can make waddling penguins interesting, I'm sure he could help out with "cheese".

MasterSwordUltima
02-21-2008, 03:18 PM
You spend Pineconn dollars too much. In fact, they just crashed. They're worth nothing now. Which puts Russ dollars as the number one curency at AGN. And I'm so nice, I'll let you trade in all your worthless Pineconn dollars for Russ dollars. And just as a warning, the future of MSU and Amaster dollars is looking bleak. Exchange now!

There is no MSU dollar. I strictly use Pineconn dollars, they were here first. They also let you fly.Maybe.

phattonez
02-21-2008, 03:50 PM
Why are fireworks for FAGGOTS MSU?

Feasul
02-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Well, obviously because you have to light fireworks and a faggot is a burning piece of wood, right?

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Nope, check out this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=101389).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/AGN_Currency_22108.png

Yes! Pineconn Dollars are in the lead!

The_Amaster
02-21-2008, 06:20 PM
You actually made a chart?
Wow, and I thought I had free time.

So I just made up a new text expression, for the Sattelite thread. It looks like !_!, and it's the >_> version of looking up.

Russ
02-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Nope, check out this thread (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=101389).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/AGN_Currency_22108.png

Yes! Pineconn Dollars are in the lead!
Somebody has a lot of spare time on their hands...

I find it quite intersting that when Beldaran returned, Pineconn dollars went way down, yet Amaster and Phattonez dollars went up.

And next time you make such a chart, could you make mine blue? I know it sounds silly, but I like the color blue a lot. Blue. :D

MoonCheese
02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
You know, I just now figured out that MSU is probably MasterSwordUltima and not Michigan State University.

The_Amaster
02-21-2008, 08:50 PM
You know, I just now figured out that MSU is probably MasterSwordUltima and not Michigan State University.
LOL! Wow!
That was great, just that right there.

Russ
02-21-2008, 08:54 PM
It took me a while to figure out that MSU ment MasterSwordUltima. I don't know why it took so long to dawn on me, but it just did.

Aegix Drakan
02-21-2008, 10:13 PM
...XD x 3

And I'm putting my money on the Phattonez dollars. They seem the most stable.

Russ
02-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I'd go for the Pineconn dollar. He controls the currency, so his is bound to go well.

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
And next time you make such a chart, could you make mine blue? I know it sounds silly, but I like the color blue a lot. Blue. :D

Nope. You are hereby labeled as gold!

Russ
02-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Why gold. Why not blue? As of now, all my future posts in this thread will be in blue. At least, until I get tired of it.

phattonez
02-21-2008, 10:22 PM
...XD x 3

And I'm putting my money on the Phattonez dollars. They seem the most stable.

Somebody agrees with my highly unscientific economic study. The hyperinflation will fade people, we will return to power!

So I hit my spine against the corner of a door today. Good or bad?

Russ
02-21-2008, 10:24 PM
So I hit my spine against the corner of a door today. Good or bad?
Depends. Most of the time, it's bad.