So... [Archive] - Page 7 - Armageddon Games Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

biggiy05
12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Last week it was snowing, damn cold and the weather just sucked. Today it's a little humid but it's warm and feels good.

It's also really muddy out here but it makes mud running so much fun and I haven't gotten stuck yet.:D

Pineconn
12-11-2007, 04:30 PM
I could actually get used to a job like that, Sean. I'm not lying.

And god it's humid today. No me gusta fog.

phattonez
12-11-2007, 04:45 PM
No me gusta cuando hay mucho frio. Hace mucho frio en Los Angeles.

Aegix Drakan
12-11-2007, 05:17 PM
>_< Oh please not panish, I beg of you...

:( I JUST had my spanish final yesterday, and I never want to hear spanish again...

COMPRENDO?!?

phattonez
12-11-2007, 08:31 PM
That was some pretty simple stuff though.

Aegix Drakan
12-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Yes, it was simple, but...

:( I really didn't like that course. It was rather hard for me to learn a new language with all the other things I needed to do...

No me gusta cuando hay mucho frio. Hace mucho frio en Los Angeles.

for thos who know no Spanish, this means: I don't like it when it's very cold. It's very cold in Los Angeles.

phattonez
12-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Yeah, surprisingly, Los Angeles gets pretty cold. It's not sunny and perfect here all the time like everyone thinks, but it is better than most everywhere else.

erm2003
12-11-2007, 11:07 PM
When you say "cold" exactly what is the temperature out? I am guessing it's a bit lower here and I call it "nice".

phattonez
12-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Around 50 degrees.

erm2003
12-12-2007, 06:18 AM
That's what I thought. Today we will have a high temperature of 33 or 34 and it's nice for this time of year because it's above freezing... if it actually gets there.

Of course, I know I know others here live in colder areas. But still. 50 in December would be paradise, lol.

Darth Marsden
12-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Aegix Drakan
12-12-2007, 10:45 AM
:P Suck it up. It's perfectly normal to have a balmy -10 to -20 up here.

You think it's cold in LA? Try coming up to Canada in winter. NOW you're talking actual cold.

ShadowTiger
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Lawlsir. Fahrenheit.

"Cold" to me is when I'm in my heaviest coat and wishing I was indoors. "Cold" to me means anything below 25&#176;F. Wind chill determines cold, actually. If there's a wind chill, I'd call it "Freezing." Anything below 15 degrees, and I start to swear at pigeons. Fawk the cold.

Not that the heat is any better. I definitely prefer the temperature between 50 and 75. When it gets hot, I sweat. When I sweat, things stick together.

... lol. Yes. "Things."

Jenny
12-12-2007, 11:14 AM
>_< Oh please not panish, I beg of you...

:( I JUST had my spanish final yesterday, and I never want to hear spanish again...

COMPRENDO?!?

Yo me puse el cuidado. va tiene el contacto sexual con su maestro espa&#241;ol si usted odia espa&#241;ol tanto. o vive apenas con todo hablar de AGN en espa&#241;ol a usted.

:laughing: :D

edit: the only place colder then where I am IS Canada. here in Iowa, there TREES covered in 2 INCHES (5 Centimeteres) OF ICE. x_x

Dechipher
12-12-2007, 11:33 AM
We had an ice storm this weekend, and they moved Monday and Tuesday finals to Friday and Saturday, which complicates my weekend to an extreme degree. It's sad because a lot of the trees on campus were fucked by the ice, and while they look cool, they're going to have to be removed due to the fact that branches are falling off and hitting people and the trees themselves are falling over.
Not looking forward to a bare campus.

phattonez
12-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Is Google really down right now? This is like the first time in history.

Pineconn
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Comprend&#237; el espa&#241;ol de phattonez f&#225;cilmente (creo que "hay" debe ser "hace"), pero, de verdad, no comprendo su espa&#241;ol, Jenny. &#191;Tiene Ud. una clase de espa&#241;ol, o us&#243; Ud. un traductor? &#161;Lo siento si Ud. toma una clase; mi error!

And don't bother to translate that, guys, it'll screw it up. ;) (And yes, "error" is a Spanish word.)

The_Amaster
12-12-2007, 05:59 PM
So, who all was in that ice storm yesterday? I heard it went from Texas all the way north-west to Chicago. (We got school canceled :kawaii:)

Jenny
12-12-2007, 06:38 PM
ComprendÃ* el español de phattonez fácilmente (creo que "hay" debe ser "hace"), pero, de verdad, no comprendo su español, Jenny. ¿Tiene Ud. una clase de español, o usó Ud. un traductor? ¡Lo siento si Ud. toma una clase; mi error!

And don't bother to translate that, guys, it'll screw it up. ;) (And yes, "error" is a Spanish word.)

I dont need to translate it, i can speak spanish you know. very funny. :P

phattonez
12-12-2007, 08:26 PM
^^How do you know Spanish?

Jenny
12-12-2007, 08:36 PM
I took Spanish class. no, I'm not mexican.

Born in the UK and live in the USA.

Pineconn
12-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Yo me puse el cuidado. va tiene el contacto sexual con su maestro espa&#241;ol si usted odia espa&#241;ol tanto. o vive apenas con todo hablar de AGN en espa&#241;ol a usted.

I've taken 3 years, and I haven't seen anything like this before. I'll take a stab at it.

I put myself caution (must be a phrase we never learned). He/she (or 'you') is going he/she (or 'you', again) has sexual contact with his/her (your) Spanish teacher if you (used to) hear as much Spanish. Or live ?? with all of AGN speaking in Spanish to you.

Hm. That's pretty much a direct translation by myself.

The_Amaster
12-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Pah, Spanisch. Deutsch ist mir besser. Deutschland hat Volkswagon und technologie. Was hast Spain und Mexico? Nichts. Komm, meine Deutschsprecher freunden, wir kannen die Weld verfugen. Einigen!

Jenny
12-12-2007, 09:25 PM
Basicly put:

I dont even care. You should just go have sexual contact with your Spanish teacher if you hate hearing Spanish so much. Or just live with all of AGN speaking to you in Spanish.

You were close Mr. Pinecone.

Try this one.

"&#191;Qu&#233; llama usted a cuatro mexicanos en la arena movediza? Cuatro Cinco."

phattonez
12-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Not exactly right, but close enough. You can figure out what it means anyway.

Jenny
12-13-2007, 12:00 AM
This thread should be a Sticky, IMO. Post #1525.

biggiy05
12-13-2007, 08:50 PM
This thread should be a Sticky, IMO. Post #1525.

It's been brought up before and stickied threads always tend to die. If this thread ever dies it dies but it's not going to be stickied.

phattonez
12-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Finally done with finals. Time to go home and relax for 3 weeks. Here's to hedonism, or as close as I can get to it.

Aegix Drakan
12-13-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm done too.

:P so far, I've celebrated my freedom by playing 3 straight hours of Puzzle Quest (PC). @_@ so...many...gems...

phattonez
12-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I'm gonna try to get Monkey Island 3 and then finally be done with the series that's been made (I started with 4). Has anyone else here played it?

Pineconn
12-13-2007, 10:46 PM
Never even heard of it, honestly. I don't drift too far from Nintendo's true and blue gaming series.

On that note, happy 1st anniversary of the release of GCN Twilight Princess!

phattonez
12-13-2007, 10:47 PM
You should definitely play at least the first one. It's classic PC gaming.

Jenny
12-14-2007, 03:05 PM
On the subject of games, has anybody played Oblivion on the PC version?

phattonez
12-14-2007, 03:13 PM
Actually, I've never even heard of it.

1st day of relaxing. My back hurts and I wanted more sleep, and there's nothing to eat around here. Things are already going great.

ShadowTiger
12-14-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm gonna try to get Monkey Island 3 and then finally be done with the series that's been made (I started with 4). Has anyone else here played it?For the win sir. Heard of it, but I barely remember any of the puzzles to discuss much, I'm afraid. Was too long ago.

Have played Oblivion on the PC, utilizing Oldblivion to actually be able to play it. Similar enough to Morrowind. Felt a little more "personal" but I never could really describe it.

MasterSwordUltima
12-14-2007, 10:01 PM
So its 8:58pm...and I have to leave for work at 12:30am...

Problem is that I've been up since 6 or 7 this morning. And on top of that, its because I didn't go to work lastnight, because of a damn cold + migrane I got from helping out my driver in this fucking freezing sleet storm. Thats a total of 10+ hours working outside. So now I'm messed up from NyQuil, yet I'm not tired enough to sleep. I don't know if I wanna stay up for 24 hours though...

This blows.

phattonez
12-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Question for the ages #4: Do bug bites usually look like pimples? How can I tell which one I have? I don't get pimples anymore really, so it makes me think that I have a bug bite. Any ideas?

Prrkitty
12-15-2007, 02:56 AM
A bug bite will have a pimple looking head because the white stuff is puss/infection that is being created. You can use a needle to open the spot but be sure you put some Neosporin (antibiotic cream) on it immediately with a bandage.

That spot will be an opening for anything to get into your body/blood stream... so be careful hon.

phattonez
12-15-2007, 12:07 PM
I opened it, and I hadn't read anything about that, so I'm hoping that it was just a pimple. It did have a lot of fluid in it though.

Meh, I'm usually pretty good with infection, so I should be okay anyway.

Lilith
12-15-2007, 09:47 PM
That's disgusting

my finger was stitched to my palm and then unstitched and it's healed all curled up so it hurts pretty bad to uncurl it. Hmmmm

Breaker
12-16-2007, 04:01 AM
http://i2.tinypic.com/6jamzoo.jpg

Nanook wishes you all happy holidays.

phattonez
12-16-2007, 04:03 AM
This has to be the coolest dog ever. Can Nanook have an AGN account?

Breaker
12-16-2007, 04:13 AM
http://i17.tinypic.com/87bqukp.jpg

He's reading AGN.

MasterSwordUltima
12-16-2007, 05:50 AM
So did anyone else wake up after for sleeping for over twelve hours just to find that its extremely fucking stormy out? The sucky winter icy snowy mixture storm?

Brasel
12-16-2007, 06:45 AM
I woke up to find that the whole country I'm in sucks.

Snow would be awesome.

I caught my heel on a metal pipe that clamed to be my bedpost and ripped a huge chunk off a couple weeks ago. That was fun. Blood everywhere. Its healed now, so it doesn't hurt anymore, but it was pretty wicked brutal at the time.

And dogs reading AGN are always a good way to pick up the day.

phattonez
12-16-2007, 11:12 AM
I see that dog is using a Dell. Maybe he knows how to fix my laptop?

Aegix Drakan
12-16-2007, 10:49 PM
I caught my heel on a metal pipe that clamed to be my bedpost and ripped a huge chunk off a couple weeks ago. That was fun. Blood everywhere. Its healed now, so it doesn't hurt anymore, but it was pretty wicked brutal at the time.

oouuuch...>_< That hapenned to me once...I was at a summer camp, and we were camping in the most mosquito infested campsite I've ever seen. I got a huge bite on my ankle, and it got ripped off by the zipper of my sleeping bag. I woke up, yelped, and fell back to sleep. When I woke, up, there was no blood, but...It freaking hurt for the rest of the trip...

anyway...up here in the frozen north, we got a whole day of blizzards. We got, I swear, at LEAST a foot, maybe evne two, at this point of snow. >_> I had to shovel the walkway TWICE, and it was not funny, since the piles got huge. I know I live in Canada, and all, but...this is waaaaay too much snow for one day...

and since my family is going to florida next weekend, we just celebrated Christmas. ^_^ I finally got my brand new black DS lite, and I love it. Finally, no more random giant dent in the top screen, and it's so shiny...

The_Amaster
12-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Shiny! I laike shiny!

Yes, Lites are awesome. Although my stupid brother is thinking about shelling out 130 bucks for a new one just because it has a red faceplate. Kinda a waste of money if you ask me.

phattonez
12-17-2007, 10:24 PM
Why do people spell "tonight" like "tonite" now? I really don't understand. What's wrong with spelling it correctly?

Pineconn
12-17-2007, 10:40 PM
its bc ppl txt all the time, so they dont use propr english. its a shame, i no.

Cell phones can make some people very spoiled! Take about half of my graduating class at school. They act as if they'll never run out of money... then credit card debt will hit them when they get credit cards. Serves them right.

MasterSwordUltima
12-18-2007, 01:51 AM
lol idk my bff jill

Anyway, lmao at buying ANY CONSOLE for its color. Decalgirl.com, r-tards. [my Wii is fucking awesome looking in its Retro NES skin, same with my Wii-mote, and my DS]

So anyone play City of Heroes/Villians? Steph and I bought it today because her best friend plays it and she wants to. Its been like a half-hour since it started downloading updates...

...I think I wanna get FF11 online, but I hear its not as great. Maybe I'll just wait for FF:CC DS/Wii and hope for the best. [I love FFCC :O]

phattonez
12-18-2007, 02:48 AM
Tonight has one more letter than tonite, so what's the point?

Icey
12-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Anyway, lmao at buying ANY CONSOLE for its color. Decalgirl.com, r-tards. [my Wii is fucking awesome looking in its Retro NES skin, same with my Wii-mote, and my DS]

Oh man, that retro NES skin is awesome! Wow, I may have to get that... it seriously looks pretty cool. Although I'm afraid if I tried to put it on I'd mess up and it would be stuck like that =/ Crooked or creased or something... I'm not very good with these kinds of things :p

MasterSwordUltima
12-18-2007, 10:10 AM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/TehL33TJim/IMG_0002.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/TehL33TJim/IMG_0003.jpg

It is so good. Infact, whenever someone comes over with their naked white Wii-mote, it looks so bland to me now. Heheh.

Brasel
12-18-2007, 11:22 AM
lol idk my bff jill

So anyone play City of Heroes/Villians? Steph and I bought it today because her best friend plays it and she wants to. Its been like a half-hour since it started downloading updates...

...I think I wanna get FF11 online, but I hear its not as great. Maybe I'll just wait for FF:CC DS/Wii and hope for the best. [I love FFCC :O]

FF11 is great. I really enjoyed it when I played it. It can be really frusterating sometimes though, because soloing isn't an easy thing to do, and you can't really just pick whatever character class and think you'll get a party every time you get on. Good luck if you like damage dealing. I was playing as a Dark Knight and it was really hard to get a party some nights, but I never failed to please people when I was invited. I could dish it out better than most. I quit because I didn't want to pay anymore and i was getting really busy at work...and I just generally lost interest. I don't really have any other MMORPG experience to base it off of though, as I haven't played anything other than FFXI. Good game and not too expensive to play these days. I'm pretty sure you can get most of the expansion packs with the main game for like 30 bucks.

Pineconn
12-18-2007, 10:00 PM
I understand that this is a bit random (due to the nature of this thread), but I recently noticed something subtle in Twilight Princess. If you go to Rusl/Uli/Colin's house immediately after completing the Forest Temple, you'll find Rusl all banged up and bloody. I suppose this was another reason that the ESRB felt the need to rate it T for "Animated Blood."

Anyway, I'm eating a bag of Italian crostini. It's pretty good.

phattonez
12-18-2007, 10:02 PM
I hate all the traffic recently. Why did anyone think of giving gifts on Christmas? I hate that part of it.

The_Amaster
12-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, but if you moved the gift giving to like, Easter, then all the traffic wouldbe then, when theres...no...icey sleet...on the...road...*trails off*

Hmmm, yeah, you may be rght.

phattonez
12-19-2007, 02:16 AM
We don't have that problem in LA (except the rain makes traffic HORRENDOUS, it's the worst thing that you've ever seen to take a bus down Wilshire during rush hour in the rain. I'm never doing that again). I just don't like that a religious holiday is abused like that.

Easter --> Easter Bunny
Christmas --> Santa Claus
All Soul's Day Eve --> Halloween

Yeah, enough of that.

Jenny
12-19-2007, 11:50 AM
You do know that Santa (Santo) is a Spanish word, right? It means Saint

phattonez
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Saint Nicholas, but where does the Claus come from?

Dracula
12-19-2007, 02:44 PM
"Claus" came from Santa's Dutch name, "Sinterklaas". That name came from "Sint Nicolaas", which we all know came from a familiar patron saint of children. :)

phattonez
12-19-2007, 02:57 PM
And now I know, thanks for that.

What about the Easter Bunny? Is the South Park story true?

rock_nog
12-19-2007, 03:17 PM
One thing that's been abandoned as Christianity has been adopted is that old religions used to have festive holidays that were basically big parties. With the adoption of Christianity, that all went away. I think part of the reason we get things like the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and Halloween is that our culture no longer has that element to it - all official religious holidays have a very serious and somber tone to them. I mean, look at St. Patrick's Day... I think it's the way it is because at some points, we just need to let loose and celebrate life, but officially, our culture doesn't really provide us with opportunities for that, so we hijack other holidays to try to fulfill those needs.

Aegix Drakan
12-21-2007, 12:45 AM
Well, this coming saturday, I am off for my yearly family vacation to florida.

:P I am going for 2 weeks of beach and no internet, So I'll see you all when I get back!

phattonez
12-21-2007, 03:13 AM
Apparently they don't have internet in Florida.

moocow
12-21-2007, 08:19 AM
I jkust got the sudden urge to shave my eyebrows OFF.

moocow
12-21-2007, 08:23 AM
Yeah, oops...

ShadowTiger
12-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Apparently they don't have internet in Florida.

Or enough relatives in Florida, or public use terminals connected to the 'net, or the ability to bring laptops back and forth without them being stolen, or the inability to gain a library card fast enough for use in such public library terminals, or a lack of cybercafes in the area, etc...

phattonez
12-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Don't you hate when you wake up from sleeping all night and your back hurts and you know it's going to be like that all day? This is what I get for sleeping on my stomach.

biggiy05
12-21-2007, 09:05 PM
Don't you hate when you wake up from sleeping all night and your back hurts and you know it's going to be like that all day? This is what I get for sleeping on my stomach.

Nope, never had that when I sleep on my stomach. I can't sleep on my stomach right now because of the bar in my chest, too much pain if I do. Sleeping on my side is about as close as I get and it's not the most comfortable but I do it anyways. I hate sleeping on my back.

Yoshiman
12-21-2007, 09:31 PM
If I could have any kind of Wii I wanted, this would be it:

http://bomb-omb.com/images/Metroid_Wii_Mod.jpg

That is all.

The_Amaster
12-21-2007, 09:51 PM
Speaking of Wii's...

I JUST GOT ONE!!! EARLY CHRISTMAS.

Apparently my Mom waited in line for like four hours. I'm now in a state of manic euphoria.
*dances his little happy dance*

Russ
12-21-2007, 09:56 PM
Speaking of Wii's...

I JUST GOT ONE!!! EARLY CHRISTMAS.

Apparently my Mom waited in line for like four hours. I'm now in a state of manic euphoria.
*dances his little happy dance*
My mom waited for 4 hours on the first day they came out to get me one. Yay for moms getting wii's!

Icey
12-21-2007, 10:56 PM
Nope, never had that when I sleep on my stomach. I can't sleep on my stomach right now because of the bar in my chest, too much pain if I do. Sleeping on my side is about as close as I get and it's not the most comfortable but I do it anyways. I hate sleeping on my back.

I feel the same way. I can never sleep on my back, and if for some reason I can't sleep on my stomach (injury or otherwise) I'd rather sleep on my side. Apparently sleeping on your back is better for you, but I just can't do it. And when I try, I just end up sleep deprived.

Aegix Drakan
12-21-2007, 11:21 PM
All you lucky guys who got Wiis for free...

:mad: I have to buy my own this Xmas!

and I can't sleep on my stomach...I ONLY sleep on my side. On my back is too weird for me, and on my stomach hurts my back. So the sides for me!

PS: I can't use the net down there since the condo my grandparents own down there doens't have internet acess, and I won't hav etime to go to a cafe/library since we'll be on the beach and stuff too much...

So you get some peace for 2 weeks.

Well, see you all when I get back.

phattonez
12-22-2007, 01:06 AM
Whenever I sleep on my back it seems I have a really high chance of getting sleep paralysis. If you don't know what that is thank God that you don't have it.

Pineconn
12-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Recall [this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99381&highlight=paralysis)] thread? ...Me neither.

Ah, and let the 16 day Christmas vacation begiiiiiiiiiin!!!

Russ
12-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Ah, and let the 16 day Christmas vacation begiiiiiiiiiin!!!
My Christmas vacation started on Thursday. And it goes through January First. A week and a half of no school. I love Christmas vacation!

Whenever I sleep on my back it seems I have a really high chance of getting sleep paralysis. If you don't know what that is thank God that you don't have it.

Wow. I am so glad I don't have sleep paralysis. I get nightmares about it though. And that's almost as bad.

Majora
12-22-2007, 08:55 PM
On a completely random and unrelated note, this is in pseudo-honor of Dark Nation :goofy::

http://img33.picoodle.com/img/img33/5/12/19/majoraswrath1/f_11980909496m_e7d24bf.jpg

Breaker
12-22-2007, 09:36 PM
More dog pics!

http://i18.tinypic.com/6l8j0uo.jpg

That's Nanook (siberian husky), Dingo (australian heeler), and Krull (terrier) in the back. Nanook on the left is 5 months old, while Dingo is going on 15 years.

phattonez
12-22-2007, 09:43 PM
He doesn't even look like a puppy to me anymore. Seems like you're really proud of him.

Breaker
12-22-2007, 10:26 PM
He doesn't even look like a puppy to me anymore. Seems like you're really proud of him.

I went through a huge nightmare trying to get him from a breeder that was abusing him. They kept him in a cage for the first 2 months of his life and he was covered in ticks.. so bad that his blood was anemic from all of the parasites. I took him home and removed as many as I could myself, then took him to a vet the next day. He had over 30 ticks on his body. If I hadn't, he would have died. Now he's perfectly healthy, and disgustingly cute and smart. :)

http://i1.tinypic.com/81flz42.jpg

moocow
12-23-2007, 10:06 PM
I made chocolate mint cookies and they're delicious.

Making cut outs in a few. Yay.

Darth Marsden
12-24-2007, 05:18 AM
I got some Root Beer as an early Christmas gift. My parents are awesome.

(FYI, Root Beer isn't as widely available in England as it should be)

erm2003
12-24-2007, 01:25 PM
I made chocolate mint cookies and they're delicious.

Making cut outs in a few. Yay.

OMG I want some... LOVE chocolate mint...

Pineconn
12-24-2007, 01:45 PM
I got some Root Beer as an early Christmas gift. My parents are awesome.

(FYI, Root Beer isn't as widely available in England as it should be)

Aha, sucks for you. And I like how you capitalize it. :D

Latest Story: The Fairer Sex
Part I Status: Out Now!
Part II Status: WIP
:sly:

Uh oh... We're in for it now.

Darth Marsden
12-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Aha, sucks for you. And I like how you capitalize it. :D
As, indeed, everyone should.

The story concludes later this week after all my relatives have buggered off and left me in piece.
Kidding. My relatives are lovely.

phattonez
12-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Cream Soda is better than Root Beer anyway.

Russ
12-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Cream Soda is better than Root Beer anyway.
No way! Root Beer is better than Cream Soda!

I think I see a discussion of the week topic here...

phattonez
12-24-2007, 04:06 PM
Cream soda is clear and has a sweeter taste. Root Beer has kind of a bitter taste to it.

Russ
12-24-2007, 04:10 PM
I don't taste anything bitter in Root Beer. Cream Soda is just overly sweet. Root Beer has just the right amount if sweetness.

Pineconn
12-24-2007, 05:59 PM
I like both cream soda and root beer, but I have to back up root beer. Cream soda tastes a little weird (as in I'd drink it, but not every day). Root beer is pretty perfect (this would be a 2 or 3 times a day drink... if it weren't full of sugar and calories).

Russ
12-24-2007, 06:00 PM
You know, this would be a really good DotW topic. Cream Soda or Root Beer.

The_Amaster
12-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Aw, damn! My glasses just broke. The frames have been weak lately, and they just snapped along the bridge.

Well, I'm at my relatives and my aunt works at an eyeglass place, so I'm going to go in on Wendsday and see if they have any frames that fit my lenses.

DarkDragoonX
12-24-2007, 11:39 PM
Cream soda is clear and has a sweeter taste. Root Beer has kind of a bitter taste to it.

WHich is why root beer is so much better. Heathen.

Russ
12-25-2007, 12:17 AM
Aw, damn! My glasses just broke. The frames have been weak lately, and they just snapped along the bridge.

Well, I'm at my relatives and my aunt works at an eyeglass place, so I'm going to go in on Wendsday and see if they have any frames that fit my lenses.
I am so glad I have 20/20 vision. I cannot imagine having to go through life with glasses. Well, sorry your glasses broke. i hope you get them fixed soon.

Pineconn
12-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Amaster, you should seriously consider getting contacts. I've had both, and I like contact lenses 20 times better. They don't fog up during the winter, you'll always have extras if one rips (which has never happened to me, though), and you can sleep with them in. I usually don't take them out for a month, thank God I have naturally teary eyes (or else they'll dry up). ;)

biggiy05
12-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Chocolate milk is better than anything.

Tim Horton's hot chocolate is awesome too.

Darth Marsden
12-25-2007, 04:08 PM
I have contacts too. I'm supposed to take them out every night, but I've had the current pair in for about 3 months or so now with no ill effects. Heh.

Off-topic - The Doctor Who Christmas special was awesome.

Prrkitty
12-28-2007, 02:24 PM
There was a Dr. Who Christmas special? <pout> I missed it :(

phattonez
12-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Strawberry Milk>Chocolate Milk. No lie.

Pineconn
12-29-2007, 12:24 AM
All I can say is goodbye AOL, hello DSL!

(Mind you that it is the slowest DSL possible... but still 20 times faster than dial-up.)

Rakshiba
12-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Root beer!!! Cream Soda!!!!! Why must we fight! Why can't we just mix them and attain peace and harmony!!!

Creambeer???
RootSoda??!
CREAMROOTSODABEER!!!!!!:D:D:D

phattonez
12-29-2007, 01:37 AM
I don't think anyone would like Cream Beer, it's just too nasty.

erm2003
12-29-2007, 02:46 AM
All I can say is goodbye AOL, hello DSL!

(Mind you that it is the slowest DSL possible... but still 20 times faster than dial-up.)

You are still going to LOVE not having to deal with dial-up any longer. Congrats, but now you really won't have a life since the Internet is that much more enjoyable. Ha ha.

ShadowTiger
12-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Yep. Truly, it is the fastest way to not having a life. :blah: Now get a facebook.

Pineconn
12-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Congrats, but now you really won't have a life

A what, now?

Truly, it is the fastest way to not having a life.

A what, now?

Now get a facebook.

A what, now?

I can actually view YouTube videos slower than they load. :giggle:

phattonez
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
You have to wait for You Tube videos to load?

The_Amaster
12-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Dude, what kind of computer/hookup do you have? I have good DSL and a slightly below-average computer, and I wait for YouTube videos. My friend, with DSL and a good computer waits for YouTube videos to load.

Pineconn
12-29-2007, 03:12 PM
You have to wait for You Tube videos to load?

Not anymore. Since I can, quote, view YouTube videos slower than they load, they load faster than I can view. With AOL, they would load slower than I could view, or I could view faster than they could load. ;)

Dude, what kind of computer/hookup do you have?

The worst possible DSL (512K) and a Windows XP Dimension 8300. Mm, YouTube. I hath barely known thee.

On a side note, this is my 2000th post!

phattonez
12-29-2007, 04:49 PM
Go make a thread about it.

Everyone should go to college just for the internet connection, it's one of the best experiences, I wish that I could have T3.

Pineconn
12-29-2007, 11:03 PM
The Giants are beating the Patriots right now, 21-16! I really don't want them to have a perfect season, in case you couldn't tell.

EDIT: Giants 28, Patriots 16!!!

EDIT: Giants 28, Patriots 23...

erm2003
12-29-2007, 11:45 PM
^^ Ha ha. I am watching the game too. I don't even care who wins. Maybe it would be good for the Pats to win only so that the 72 Dolphins have no reason to drink champagne anymore.

Pineconn
12-30-2007, 12:20 AM
The Patriots won....

But I still think that they won't win the Super Bowl.

erm2003
12-30-2007, 12:23 AM
The Patriots won....

I agree. But congrats to them for an amazing accomplishment, even if you don't like them.

And believe me, I am a Bills fan. I shouldn't like them, but they are a scoring machine.

Pineconn
12-30-2007, 12:32 AM
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/image.php?u=9116&dateline=1190572730

Really? You're a Buffalo Bills fan? ;)

Gleeok
12-30-2007, 12:41 AM
16 and 0 baby!

So who's your superbowl pick then, if not the Pats?

Russ
12-30-2007, 12:48 AM
So who's your superbowl pick then, if not the Pats?
I am guessing they will win in the superbowl, although I really don't want them to. I don't know why, but I just don't like the Patriots.

Pineconn
12-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Either the Colts (I think that they will beat the Patriots), the Jags (they have a shot), or the Cowboys (is T.O. out?). I hope the Steelers will win, but they have a few mechanical flaws. Too bad, since Roethlisberger has been flourishing the past few games.

Russ
12-30-2007, 01:02 AM
I hope the Steelers will win, but they have a few mechanical flaws. Too bad, since Roethlisberger has been flourishing the past few games.
I hate the steelers. Hate them hate them hate them! Ever since that cheap superbowl against the Seahawks, I've hated the steelers.

phattonez
12-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Baseball season can't start soon enough.

erm2003
12-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Who really wants to watch 162 games when it's really just the last month that ends up mattering in the long run? Baseball is fun in October only.

phattonez
12-30-2007, 05:08 PM
It's not only the last month that matters to the teams that are already 20 games behind, or to the teams that are just 3 games behind. If it was an 81 game season, the Dodgers probably would have gone to the playoffs, and that makes a big difference for me. I like that the season has so many games, it really shows which team is tougher and can make it through so many games.

Russ
12-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't really see the point of baseball. You hit a ball with a stick and then run try to run around a circle before someone grabs the ball you hit.

Pineconn
12-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I hate the steelers. Hate them hate them hate them! Ever since that cheap superbowl against the Seahawks, I've hated the steelers.

Yes, because it was the Steelers' fault that the refs had a few borderline calls.

phattonez
12-30-2007, 06:35 PM
I don't really see the point of baseball. You hit a ball with a stick and then run try to run around a circle before someone grabs the ball you hit.

You can make the same arguments with all sports. I don't see the point of tennis, it's hitting the ball back and forth. I don't see the point of football, it's trying to get the ball to the other side. I don't see the point of basketball, it's trying to get the ball into this little circle. Do you see the problem? :tongue:

The_Amaster
12-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Eh, the only sport I really can't bear to watch is football. That's because it seems like. "Okay, run around for 30 seconds, and now sit here for 7 minuites, and now run around for 20 seconds and sit here for 10 minuites, and now run around for 45 seconds and now sit here for 4 minuites."

Russ
12-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Eh, the only sport I really can't bear to watch is football. That's because it seems like. "Okay, run around for 30 seconds, and now sit here for 7 minuites, and now run around for 20 seconds and sit here for 10 minuites, and now run around for 45 seconds and now sit here for 4 minuites."
Ya, which is why I never watch it. I don't really watch any sports actually. But my little brother does, and he follows me around everywhere telling me about sports, so I know quite a bit about them.

Pineconn
12-30-2007, 07:41 PM
The only sport to watch is football. Nearly every other sport is either too boring (soccer, baseball, hockey) or gets too many scores to matter until the last few minutes (basketball). Football has a good balance of this.

Icey
12-30-2007, 08:09 PM
I hate baseball season. It's always annoying when I see less highlights from actual sports because they dedicate time to baseball, not to mention if I want to wait for sports highlights I have to wait for the baseball highlights to end.

phattonez
12-30-2007, 09:35 PM
How can you say that baseball is not a real sport? It is the most difficult sport, period. Football is too slow and basketball is just back and forth. There are so many mind games in baseball, it's exciting if you know what's going on.

Pineconn
12-30-2007, 09:42 PM
How can you say that baseball is not a real sport? It is the most difficult sport, period.

Ask yourself how many times you see baseball players getting injured on the field. Then, ask yourself how many times you see football players getting injured on the field. At the very least, football is a much more vigorous sport than baseball. Football involves all 22 players at the same time; baseball usually actively involves three: the pitcher, the batter, and the catcher (plus anyone on a base, etc.).

On a side note, I'll raise someone's rep if they can find me a free, direct, and existent download to the Sunday Night Football fanfare theme by John Williams. :)

phattonez
12-30-2007, 10:04 PM
I see baseball players getting injured all the time, and btw, if anyone of those players isn't focusing the second that a play happens, that's an error. Everyone is participating.

Since when did having people get hurt make something a better sport?

biggiy05
12-31-2007, 09:16 AM
How can you say that baseball is not a real sport? It is the most difficult sport, period. Football is too slow and basketball is just back and forth. There are so many mind games in baseball, it's exciting if you know what's going on.

Not THE most difficult sport. All sports are difficult and soccer is a real sport that is right up there with football, basketball and baseball. All sports take skill and one play can make or break the game.

phattonez
12-31-2007, 01:41 PM
I know that they are all difficult, but can anyone think of an activity that's harder than hitting a small ball that's going 90 mph with a lot of movement with a bat?

The_Amaster
12-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Keeping your balance on ice-skates while wearing heavy padding, skating really fast, avoiding several other similar people and trying to hit a small black disc with a stick all at the same time?

EDIT: 3 years at AGN. w00t!

Prrkitty
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
Happy anniversary Amaster42... the years seem to go by faster and faster anymore. In June it'll be 5 years for me. Wow! Doesn't seem like it's been that long that I've been a part of this place.

phattonez
12-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Keeping your balance on ice-skates while wearing heavy padding, skating really fast, avoiding several other similar people and trying to hit a small black disc with a stick all at the same time?

EDIT: 3 years at AGN. w00t!

Most people get the puck when it's moving slowly. In baseball the only chance that you have to get the ball is when it's coming straight at you. Plus, in hockey you're usually working in 2 dimensions with the puck, in baseball, it's always 3.

moocow
12-31-2007, 07:30 PM
I'm going to go get drunk tonight.

WOOOOOOOO!

biggiy05
01-01-2008, 01:55 PM
I know that they are all difficult, but can anyone think of an activity that's harder than hitting a small ball that's going 90 mph with a lot of movement with a bat?

You need good coordination in football to weave in and out of the defense, need to be able to turn around, jump and catch a pass or intercept a pass.

What about the goalies in hockey? They have a puck flying at them and they are trying to block it with their stick, body or their gloves. The puck isn't going slow at all.

Soccer players need foot and eye coordination. If you can't move that ball without looking at it then you're in trouble. You have to be able to look down field and still move the ball.

Baseball is not the hardest sport out there just because it's your favorite sport. Every sport is hard in it's own way and if you want a truly hard sport then go look at Rugby.

Pineconn
01-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, hitting a 90 mph ball must not be that difficult if nearly every MLB player can do it.

Practice. Every sport requires practice. Every MLB player is good because they practice. Every NBA player is good because they practice. Every NFL player is good because they practice. Every NHL player is good because they practice. Every... FIFA player is good because they practice.

The only reason MLB batters can hit a fastball is because they practice. Or they're just lucky. ;)

phattonez
01-01-2008, 10:55 PM
"It must not be that difficult"? Use some logic here, there is nothing that I can think of in any sport that is harder. Baseball players can play any other sport at least decently, can any other athletes besides baseball players play baseball?

moocow
01-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Michael Jordan?

I think you're just being biased. Like biggiy said, all sports/activities are hard in their own way. You're not going to be able to sway anyone's opinion on this.

phattonez
01-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Was terrible at baseball.

moocow
01-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Doesn't matter. He still played it, professionally. You can't say other athletes are unable to play certain sports just because they're better at others. My sister's boyfriend is a damn good baseball player. He's also a good football player and a good wrestler. You're being biased.

phattonez
01-01-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm just saying that only baseball players can play baseball. Michael Jordan was in the minors, and he was only there for attendance. He did not play professionally.

ShadowTiger
01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
Nah, sorry; I'm going to be a bit biased myself and say that Baseball is the quote-unquote 'lesser' of the major league sports because not all players are involved as much as in Football at any given moment. That, and it takes up the time on my precious Sunday night FOX Lineup. :blah:

erm2003
01-03-2008, 11:29 AM
I might also add that until MLB has a salary cap, the league is a joke as well. The good teams will always stay good because they can afford to. At least in other leagues teams that weren't doing well can surprise you can have a good season because a salary cap gives them a chance.

phattonez
01-03-2008, 01:09 PM
There definitely are problems with the league, especially when you have a union as powerful as the player's union which will only allow urine tests and not blood tests for steroids. There is revenue sharing, so it has become more competitive, but it's still not at the level that it should be.

Just because the players aren't always as active as football players doesn't mean that the players aren't as athletic. All of the full time players (aka non DHs or Pinch Hitters) are extremely athletic.

Aegix Drakan
01-06-2008, 10:34 PM
Well, I am back from my vacation to florida...

It was great. We hit the beach for a whole week and a half, where I swam a bit, re-read harry potter and the deathly hallows, and walked on the beach.

I'm having a hard time adjusting to bieng back...Freezing weather, I think I gre a half centimeter of somethin, sine Everything in my house fells a bit weird (causing me to SMASH my toe on the stairs...it still hurts 2 hours later), and to top it off...I'm having trouble usingmy computer!

>_> man after 2 weeks of no PC, it's hard picking up the mouse again...

...soooooo

did I miss anything big?

MasterSwordUltima
01-07-2008, 12:46 AM
You missed an incredibly boring debate on which sports are harder. [see above]

You've also missed the biggest update of the Mother 3 rom patch, which translates pretty much the entire menu, all items, and stats and such. Makes the game rather playable, if you follow starmen.net's guide. I'm going to wait for the full translation though.

Also, Shattered Earth is still down. Doesn't mean you can't check out those forums too, ya know. ;)

phattonez
01-07-2008, 02:20 AM
I didn't think that it was boring, but it did cause this thread to die for a while.

MasterSwordUltima
01-07-2008, 02:45 AM
Well thats probably because you were part of it.

I just figured it died down to to low activity. Oh well, its quite alive now.

Prrkitty
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
The holidays have a lot to do with quietness around here... much as those at college do get more time online since they're "out" of college and spending time with family/friends/etc.

I hope that this new year keeps on the uphill road, for Paul and I, that last year was on.

MasterSwordUltima
01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
It was on, eh?

Clearly you two are robots from the future.

The_Amaster
01-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Floooooridaaaa...
*shivers in his stupid northern state, covered in sleet and mud*
I hate you.

Hope you had fun. :)

Russ
01-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Floooooridaaaa...
*shivers in his stupid northern state, covered in sleet and mud*
I hate you.

Hope you had fun. :)
Ya, I wish I were in Florida. While it's snowing here, my grandparents in Florida are experiancing sunny weather above 70 degrees.

And on a side note, Amaster, wasn't that your first avatar you used on the site?

MasterSwordUltima
01-07-2008, 08:10 PM
How are you all shivering? I'm in Pensylvania, and it was 60 degrees out today. I drove with the windows down in my jeep. It was nice. I definitely have spring fever already.

erm2003
01-07-2008, 08:12 PM
It was nice up here too. Quite out of season for this time of year. But it's ok, by next week we will make up for it I am sure.

The_Amaster
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
And on a side note, Amaster, wasn't that your first avatar you used on the site?
Thanks for noticing. Wondered if anyone'd remember. I was mostly around the ZC forums back then.

And I should say that it was really warm today. Like 65 degrees. So all the snow melted. And the thunderstorms came. Followed by the tornados. Less than a mile from my house. Not even kidding.

moocow
01-07-2008, 08:50 PM
It was 60 degrees here today too. More than that actually, I think it got up to 65. It STILL feels good out.

In other news...

GO BUCKEYES!!!

erm2003
01-07-2008, 08:53 PM
^^ I almost forgot the game is on tonight. I will have to keep an eye on that.

Russ
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Thanks for noticing. Wondered if anyone'd remember. I was mostly around the ZC forums back then.

And I should say that it was really warm today. Like 65 degrees. So all the snow melted. And the thunderstorms came. Followed by the tornados. Less than a mile from my house. Not even kidding.
I was mostly around the ZC forums too when you had that avatar. Then I tried to keep track of all of your avatars when you started changing them. I gave up after 20 changes in about 2 months. :)

And you seriously had tornados less than a mile from your house? Gosh that would creep me out. I'm glad I live in Washington. There have only been three tornados here since the 1960's.

MasterSwordUltima
01-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I think most people joined AGN because of ZC, I know I did.

Funny how I pretty much gave up on it. [SE is more my style anyway]

You do change your avatar/title a helluva lot, Amaster. Almost too much.

Pineconn
01-07-2008, 09:43 PM
GO BUCKEYES!!!

Here, here! Fellow Ohioan! :D

It's already 10-0 as of posting, OSU.

EDIT: Quite clearly, Ohio State has every trick in the book to lose the game.

phattonez
01-07-2008, 10:24 PM
It's so cold and wet in LA. We got about 10 inches of rain over the weekend, and we're going to get more next weekend. I guess this is a good thing, but the surrounding droughts are really impacting our water supply.

And the cable is out here. Great.

moocow
01-07-2008, 11:37 PM
Here, here! Fellow Ohioan! :D

It's already 10-0 as of posting, OSU.

EDIT: Quite clearly, Ohio State has every trick in the book to lose the game.

Yeah, they're really fucking good at that....

Bah, goodnight.

The_Amaster
01-08-2008, 12:18 AM
Eh, if it bothers people I could slow it down a bit. (And yes I've changed it like three times this week. Too much even for me. Don't expect it to happen again)
Mostly it's a result of "Hmmm, I'm bored. How can I pass the time. Oh, I know, what creative AGN avatar can I come up with"

And go Ohio!

biggiy05
01-08-2008, 05:26 PM
I pooted....

And it just started pouring down rain....blah.

MasterSwordUltima
01-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Thats what happens when you do that sort of thing.

Prrkitty
01-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I pooted....

And it just started pouring down rain....blah.

Well duh!! Don'tcha know that's just tempting the Gods to do stuff? ;) silly young'un :)

Pineconn
01-08-2008, 07:50 PM
And the thunderstorms came. Followed by the tornados. Less than a mile from my house. Not even kidding.

Crap, you don't happen to live near Wheatland, WI, do you? The NBC Nightly News showed all the destruction created by the F3 tornado. Holy crap.

The_Amaster
01-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Yeah, Wheatland's in my county. They got the brunt of it, but we got a lot of the storm as well. It was pretty freaky, I'll tell you that.

Prrkitty
01-08-2008, 09:58 PM
Amaster... glad you and yours are safe and sound :)
<hug>

Aegix Drakan
01-09-2008, 12:00 AM
Oh man...my first post pack, and ALREADY I'm making embarrasing typos...

I could barely even read my own post!

...and for some weird reason...I have a lack of inspiration for my posts!

BTW...I just found out about the WII shortage...After I went to 3 different places to compare prices...I popped into a magazine store along the way back, and one of the magazines mentioned the shortage...

*sigh* I just wish I'd have known BEFORE I went walking for 2 hours in the gloomy wet weather...

Breaker
01-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Uhh... yeah. There's been a shortage since it was released. A year ago.

phattonez
01-09-2008, 02:58 PM
So what's leading among the 3 consoles?

MasterSwordUltima
01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Speaking of the newest consoles, I'm pretty sure Sute and I are going to be getting a PS3 sometime this year. DMC4 comes out in about a month, [but Brawl is infinitely more important] and then whenever MGS4 comes out [I'm personally psyched for MGO2].

Also, Star-fucking-Tropics came out on the VC. Everybody here who owns a Wii needs to go grab a copy now. Best game ever. [I bought Super-C with my remaining 500 points, and oh god do I love Contra as well]

Oh yeah, nobody seems to be talking about Olimar as a character in Brawl. Why is this?

Russ
01-09-2008, 03:33 PM
So what's leading among the 3 consoles?
Wii. It's sales are above that of the PS3 and Xbox 360.

phattonez
01-09-2008, 03:42 PM
So what are the numbers like?

MasterSwordUltima
01-09-2008, 04:03 PM

They haven't changed in a long time. They still look very much like this; 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

They added this new thing though, where you can combine two or more numbers to make even BIGGER ones!! Wow!!

;)

Breaker
01-09-2008, 05:22 PM
I have a Wii and a 360. I play the 360 a heck of a lot more than the Wii. The sales for the Wii might be better, but it currently has crap for games, and it can hardly even be considered a "next-gen" system. If you have an HD TV, do yourself a favor and get a 360. No other system can compare with it's library of games and best of all most of them are multiplayer over xbox live.

The_Amaster
01-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Eh, I concede that the 360 is technically superior, and that it does have a far better library of games. I might even go so far as to *gasp* admit that it's a better console. But I still like the Wii better because I feel safe sitting my younger sister down in front of Super Mario Galaxy confident in the knowledge that she's not playing a FPS or other highly inappropriate game, which unfortunatly a lot of the best titles on the 360 are. And I dispute that it's not a next-gen console. It just has different revolutionary criteria.

So, anyone here know of at least a good paragraph to say about low-level ozone? Only my chemistry project is due on Friday.

Russ
01-09-2008, 07:27 PM
I have a Wii and a 360. I play the 360 a heck of a lot more than the Wii. The sales for the Wii might be better, but it currently has crap for games, and it can hardly even be considered a "next-gen" system. If you have an HD TV, do yourself a favor and get a 360. No other system can compare with it's library of games and best of all most of them are multiplayer over xbox live.
First, you can by an HD cable for the Wii. Second, many of the Wii games cooming out can be played over Nintendo Wifi. As for the library of games, the is just personal prefernce. You like xbox games better. Me, I prefer Zelda and Mario games. And just the fact that it has a motion sensitive controller gives Wii the title of a next generation system.

Although I will admit, "Xbox 360" sounds a lot neater then "Wii" does. It's like Nintendo just picked three random letters out of a hat, and made a word with it.

Breaker
01-09-2008, 08:00 PM
First, you can by an HD cable for the Wii. Second, many of the Wii games cooming out can be played over Nintendo Wifi. .

No. The Wii is not capable of displaying anything over 480p. The 360 is capable of outputting 1080p through HDMI. Technically, the Wii isn't that much more advanced than a gamecube. That's a fact, it's not putting the Wii down because I don't like it.

As for the library of games, the is just personal prefernce. You like xbox games better. Me, I prefer Zelda and Mario games. .

Me too. So that leaves 2 good games to play on the Wii, 3 when Smash Brothers is released. 4 if you consider Metroid Prime decent.

And just the fact that it has a motion sensitive controller gives Wii the title of a next generation system..

I've yet to see a game aside from the two you mentioned, Mario and Zelda, utilize it effectively without making me want to throw it across the room. The fact that the controller really isn't "wireless" and forces me to hook up a classic controller to play old games is an inconvenience as well.

I own both systems, but I'm just extremely satisifed with the 360 as an etertainment and multimedia console, which is the only point I was trying to make. Especially now that it supports divx/xvid I can stream my entire library of movies and music from my PC directly to my living room setup through the xbox. I don't think many people are generally aware of what all the 360 is really capable of.

Pineconn
01-09-2008, 11:47 PM

I seriously doubt these numbers, but you can check out the projected sales at NexGenWars (www.nexgenwars.com). Beware, this site used to be an adware-distributing site (but I longer get warns, nor does Google warn about it anymore).

No other system can compare with it's library of games and best of all most of them are multiplayer over xbox live.

I believe this is simply because Wii is such a different gaming console than the prior status quo. If you worked for a credible and quality game developing company and have created so-called standard games for 10 years, you'd likely create the next "blockbuster" game on a type of console you've been familiar with rather than the Wii as Nintendo can produce only a handful of good games themselves. Hence, the XBox has a better library of quality games over the Wii. Plus, the XBox 360 has had a year head's start.

Aegix Drakan
01-10-2008, 12:13 AM
Well, I personally am a nintendo fanboy. Ergo, I want a Wii.

However, I have to admit that I find the XBOX 360 to be quite interesting as well. (I might even get one at some point)

And MSU, I'm adding Star tropics on the list of VC games I want, right after Sin and punishment. Man, one video of that, and I wanted it really badly.

Oh yeah, nobody seems to be talking about Olimar as a character in Brawl. Why is this?

Well, it's better than what's happening on the gamefaqs Brawl boards. >_> they moan and complain for weeks "GIMME A NEW CHARACTER!!!" and when one is announced, there are more people complaining about it then those who are happy...

...soooooo predictable that place... *rolls eyes*

The_Amaster
01-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Whoah whoah whoah! Dojo is back up? I though they were off until this Friday.

EDIT: Pikmen YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*woot* *woot*

Grasshopper
01-10-2008, 09:49 AM
[The Wii] can hardly even be considered a "next-gen" system.
I dispute that it's not a next-gen console.Right, because it certainly is a "next generation" system. People like to throw out Wii for its inferior technology, only saying that a next-gen system is truely worthy of that title if it boasts graphic prowess like the 360 and PS3. But thats a crazy statement to make because at some point the next-gen title will be debunked because the leaps in graphic quality in the 5 year life span (or longer if that happens) of a system will diminish. If you go back 2 years ago, you'll remember that people were once making the same accusations about the 360 when it was released, calling it an "Xbox 1.5" because it didn't make the leaps and bounds above the Xbox that everyone was expecting. Thats claiming that the Xbox 360 isn't a next-gen system, but when Wii came out a year later, all that was forgotten because the Wii was less of an improvement in visuals than the Xbox 360 was. So the Wii got the infamous title of not being a next-gen system. The Wii may not look that much better than the Gamecube hardware, but it certainly is the successor to it, a machine developed from and built up on it, and a product introduced in a new life span after the Gamcube. I don't see how that would not qualify it as a console in the next generation of consoles. The Wii itself maybe a disappointment to gamers with a poor library of games and the 360 may be an astonishing system, but Wii is still worth of the title "next-gen".

Breaker
01-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Some days it just feels like a gamecube with wifi and a wacky controller. *shrugs* The 360 is leaps and bounds better than the previous incarnation of the Xbox. I'm not sure what you're speaking of. Have you played either?

With XBL you can download and watch HD movies and television, download bonus content for virtually every title, play demos of future releases, and join lobbies with multiple friends and chat over the headset.

The Wii has a voting channel, Create-A-Mii, and a VC with overpriced titles that are better emulated over the PC.. none of which can be played multiplayer over a network.

I think most Nintendo fanboys are so defensive because they secretly find the Wii just as disappointing.

Russ
01-10-2008, 11:33 AM
I think most Nintendo fanboys are so defensive because they secretly find the Wii just as disappointing.
I don't find it dissapointing. I personally don't care if it has bad graphics. Heck, I wouldn't mind if it had NES graphics, just give me good games and a waggle controller and I'm fine!

phattonez
01-10-2008, 11:36 AM
I didn't have any problem with the Gamecube controller.

Russ
01-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I didn't have any problem with the Gamecube controller.
Neither do I. I just like the Wii remote 10,000 times better.

powertozelda
01-10-2008, 12:40 PM
I like the wii system, but there are rarely any games I like for that system, TP, is mainly the only one, maybe I should get a new game. Any suggestions?

I can't wait to get unreal 3 for the ps3, the others were mildly good.

biggiy05
01-10-2008, 05:10 PM
My first week of fire training is over. I smell of sweat, The muscles around my clavicle are sore and I'm drinking water like there's no tomorrow. I love the pain but only because it's helping me.

Training today was good. One hour of work for a fire fighter is eight hours of construction work.

Oh and I'd take a 360 over a Wii.

powertozelda
01-10-2008, 05:13 PM
My first week of fire training is over. I smell of sweat, The muscles around my clavicle are sore and I'm drinking water like there's no tomorrow. I love the pain but only because it's helping me.

Training today was good. One hour of work for a fire fighter is eight hours of construction work.

Oh and I'd take a 360 over a Wii.Does Halo 3 really suck, everyone says it does.

Why waste that water when you can use it to save a life?!?!

Grasshopper
01-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Some days it just feels like a gamecube with wifi and a wacky controller. *shrugs* The 360 is leaps and bounds better than the previous incarnation of the Xbox. I'm not sure what you're speaking of. Have you played either?

Yes, I have played with the Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii. I wasn't praising or criticizing any of the systems I mentioned, just stating that the Wii is the successor to the Gamecube and should be recognized as a next gen system regardless of how much of an upgrade it is. A lot of people don't only based on the fact it can't display the same visuals as another system, and that gives me the impression that the media doesn't care anything about games anymore unless it looks good. I wasn't trying to down the Xbox 360 if thats how you took it. And the "Xbox 1.5" comment was stated in several game related forums all across the internet when the system was about to be released. I thought it was stupid comment myself. Even media outlets were stating the same thing. Thats similar to the same claims about the Wii now. But I'm positive I'm not imagining things.

The_Amaster
01-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Yes, I have played with the Xbox, Xbox 360 and Wii. I wasn't praising or criticizing any of the systems I mentioned, just stating that the Wii is the successor to the Gamecube and should be recognized as a next gen system regardless of how much of an upgrade it is. A lot of people don't only based on the fact it can't display the same visuals as another system, and that gives me the impression that the media doesn't care anything about games anymore unless it looks good. I wasn't trying to down the Xbox 360 if thats how you took it. And the "Xbox 1.5" comment was stated in several game related forums all across the internet when the system was about to be released. I thought it was stupid comment myself. Even media outlets were stating the same thing. Thats similar to the same claims about the Wii now. But I'm positive I'm not imagining things.
QFT. This is exactly my opinion; fantastic graphics do not a next-gen make. However, I am a bit more critical of the XBox.
It's always the same old story. Nintendo has innovation, the other makers have power. Neither is better or worse than the other. (Although both industries should have some of each).
The XBox 360 is a next-gen due to it's fantastic library. Without some of the best games on the market it's basicly an upgrade of the XBox. Name me one true innovation that came with it. Better graphics? Sure. Better online play? Sure. All kinds of improvements, but nothing really new. You still play your games exactly the same as before, it just looks better.

Mind you, I'm trying to offer criticism here, not slam the XBox. By all means it's an amazing console, and keep in mind that I'm a Microsoft hater, so that's high praise coming from me.

biggiy05
01-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Why waste that water when you can use it to save a life?!?!

I drink a gallon throughout the day. My engine truck holds 800-1100 gallons. I don't think I'm gonna be hurting my reserve supply.

Time to go pass out.

The_Amaster
01-10-2008, 10:56 PM
But hey, you can pass out secure in the knowledge that your' doing what you've worked so hard for. Another step closer to a full fledged fire-fighter.

Icey
01-11-2008, 03:54 AM
I drink a gallon throughout the day. My engine truck holds 800-1100 gallons. I don't think I'm gonna be hurting my reserve supply.

Time to go pass out.

Not to mention that by drinking that water you're getting your body into shape so that you yourself will save lives =)

The training sounds intense, and it must take dedication. I'm impressed with anyone who can go through with it.

MasterSwordUltima
01-11-2008, 09:29 AM
Woah Woah Woah...wait...so if I put together a piece of shit console...its Next-Gen? Reguardless of how good graphics are, let alone gameplay on the perhaps single game?

That is rad.

Nicholas Steel
01-11-2008, 10:34 AM
to me a next gen console would be capable of 12 (?) colours (from a 256 colour pallet) simultaneously displayed and with 5 sound channels. with incredibly awesome gameplay.... ah the good days of the NES.

anyways, who enjoys F.E.A.R. on the 360?

Jenny
01-11-2008, 02:25 PM
the old E.T. game had the best graphics ever.

MasterSwordUltima
01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Jenny, you're not allowed to post here ever again.

Grasshopper
01-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Best game ever too. :)

Pineconn
01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh god, the E.T. game that was said to initiate the "video game crash." Haha, that game looks horrible.

Does anyone know of any good free virus scanning programs that isn't McAfee (because my free trial of a year has been used up)?

erm2003
01-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Have you tried AVG free? Search for that or Grisoft (I think that's right) which may be the site/developer it's hosted under.

Pineconn
01-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks, I'll look into those.

Two huge upsets today, Chargers > Colts and Giants > Cowboys. Who'd have figured that there would be a Manning left in the playoffs... and it isn't Peyton. :p

MasterSwordUltima
01-13-2008, 10:16 PM
I haven't played that godforsaken E.T. game in like, 15 years. I beat the hell out of it though. How cool am I?

Also, yes, it did pretty much fuck over the whole video game market. And yes, there are giant holes in the ground filled with E.T. carts. They're not even work modding. NES consoles, however are. And if anyone has any extra NES controllers, I will gladly pay you for them [and shipping]. I would mod my own two controllers, but I'm sentimental about that sorta thing. The same reason I keep both of my StarTropics 1 carts.

Aegix Drakan
01-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Gaaah! I hate that stupid *cut anything* knife we have! We NEVER use it, and while putting another knife away, I cut my left index on it!

stupid ass knife...If memory serves, I'm the first thing it's cut, and it's on my index, which I use a lot, and on my LEFT HAND, and I'm left handed! *roll eyes* At least it doesn't hurt now. Polysporin is awesome like that.

anyway, it's really hard typing without using my index...

:( I hate that knife...

Dark Nation
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM
the old E.T. game had the best graphics ever.

Come on, don't tell me that you don't see the intrinsic beauty of this:
http://www.atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_ET_5.png

Pineconn
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
Yay, a red X!

That site has a blocking device. You have to paste the URL into your address box:

http://www.atariage.com/2600/screenshots/s_ET_5.png

phattonez
01-15-2008, 09:12 PM
Jenny still posts here? I thought that she abandoned us a long time ago.

MasterSwordUltima
01-16-2008, 11:43 AM
That image had to have been photoshopped. No way did the phone pieces have that many colors in them.

Oh god, that off-grey is so bad too.

Now that I take a closer look, I notice the phone piece consists of a slew of colors, including a dark red and dark green. Way to go, terrible E.T. game.

Pineconn
01-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I downloaded it and played it for fun. It was neither exciting nor rewarding, nor fun for that matter. How the heck do you beat it? Why the heck would you want to beat it play it?

...Back to studying.

The_Amaster
01-16-2008, 09:44 PM
So, who here's ever heard of a game called Adventure!

*runs veryfast*

(And for the Adventure fan who jumps down my throat, I'm not dissing it by comparing it to ET. Just a mental association thing.)

Russ
01-16-2008, 09:56 PM
So, who here's ever heard of a game called Adventure!

*runs veryfast*

(And for the Adventure fan who jumps down my throat, I'm not dissing it by comparing it to ET. Just a mental association thing.)
What's Adventure?

phattonez
01-16-2008, 10:32 PM
Is it an adventure game?

The_Amaster
01-16-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-content/images/costumes07/adventure_large.png
You're the square. That thing above you is a key. That thing on the left is your sword, and yes you appear to be holding it by the blade because the sword graphic never rotated it. Gameplay-wise, think LoZ if it came out for the Atari, in terms of both graphics and sophistication.

You have a blast playing it though.

Russ
01-16-2008, 10:38 PM
I can't see the picture. There's just a red x. :(

The_Amaster
01-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Hmmm, okay, check it again. I got it from a different site this time.

Russ
01-16-2008, 11:13 PM
Hmmm, okay, check it again. I got it from a different site this time.
Still doesn't work. Oh well, I'll just research it online.

Sute
01-17-2008, 10:20 AM
So, exactly how important do you have to be in order for you to be "assassinated" and not "murdered"?

Russ
01-17-2008, 01:33 PM
So, exactly how important do you have to be in order for you to be "assassinated" and not "murdered"?
I guess important enough for people to hire profesional assassins to murder you.

Jenny
01-17-2008, 02:14 PM

Bite me

Jenny still posts here? I thought that she abandoned us a long time ago.

nope, im still here :)

phattonez
01-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Why would anyone need to use a spotlight at 1 in the morning right near 3 dorm buildings? Do you know how loud those things are?

Pineconn
01-17-2008, 04:34 PM
I can't see the picture. There's just a red x. :(

You have to paste the link into your address box:

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/wp-content/images/costumes07/adventure_large.png

Jenny, you're not allowed to post here ever again.Bite me

Hhrmmmm? (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1153635&postcount=36) (I think it was sarcasm, BTW.)

Why would anyone need to use a spotlight at 1 in the morning right near 3 dorm buildings? Do you know how loud those things are?

A spotlight? No, how exactly loud are they?

MasterSwordUltima
01-17-2008, 04:44 PM
Spotlights can be really loud, actually. With the crazy voltage through the bulb, its quite an annoying bzzznnnznznznnznzn type thing. Step-dad has one that does that, atleast.

So I'm putting all of my music/roms/whatever else I need from Jimputer onto my laptop [Vista D:] through the LAN and it said it was going to take 5 days 20 hours. So I'm now just throwing chunks of my music onto my good ol' 1gig Flashdrive [which takes all of 2 minutes] and doing that, while Vista grabs maybe 10 Mp3s. I'm starting to think that I'm putting Ubuntu onto the wrong computer. [shrug]

Sute
01-17-2008, 04:47 PM
And I win with "upgrading to a more.. familiar operating system", being XP.

phattonez
01-17-2008, 05:54 PM
First off, it was carried in a truck that had a large beeping sound when it was backing up, that's what first woke me up. Then we tried to close the window and the drapes and I still couldn't sleep through it. Those things are a beast, and I still have no idea why it had to be on at 1 in the morning!

MasterSwordUltima
01-17-2008, 06:51 PM
I hear a lot of those around that time in the morning. Probably because thats part of my job.

I think I've grabbed all my Mp3s, and MIDIs [very important for RM2K3/XP]. Next up are my wavs, and then whatever movie files, if I even have any. This is going surprisingly quick, especially compared to what Vista had me believe.

phattonez
01-18-2008, 11:13 AM
So then do you know why they use them at that time of night?

Nicholas Steel
01-18-2008, 11:18 AM
yay ArmageddonGames is back online :D

Russ
01-18-2008, 11:50 AM
yay ArmageddonGames is back online :D
Hurray! Why does in keep going offline?

Pineconn
01-18-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm no War Lord on this issue, but I'd have to guess it's a server issue. Regardless, I'm glad it's back up, though because of this, there aren't that many new posts.

So I took five of the most difficult mid-terms of my life this week. Pre-calc, Spanish 3, Chemistry, (band), AP English, and Government. Next year will suck even more (Calculus, Spanish 4, Honors Physics, AP English 2, and two semesters of different history-related courses....and band).

Yay, an extended weekend for my brain to heal, likely filled with much Zeldaing, Metroiding, and quest building.

Russ
01-18-2008, 01:33 PM
So I took five of the most difficult mid-terms of my life this week. Pre-calc, Spanish 3, Chemistry, (band), AP English, and Government. Next year will suck even more (Calculus, Spanish 4, Honors Physics, AP English 2, and two semesters of different history-related courses....and band).

Pre-calc spunds extremly hard. Spanish 3 sound doable. Chemistry sounds doable. AP English sounds like something I would fall asleep during. And Government sounds hard. All in all, those sound looks some hard exams.

Pineconn
01-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Pre-calc sounds extremely hard. Spanish 3 sound doable. Chemistry sounds doable. AP English sounds like something I would fall asleep during. And Government sounds hard. All in all, those sound like some hard exams.

Believe it or not, Pre-calc was likely the easiest of the 5 mid-terms simply because I studied the crap out of it (I need an A to keep up my 4.0 since I got a B the last term). Spanish 3 was the next easiest, and Chemisty's first question was this, if I remember correctly:

Find the volume of an object in cm^3 with a density of 9.8765 kg/mm^3 and a mass of 80000 ng.

It's easy if you have resources and time, both of which we didn't have (no graphing calculators allowed). Naturally, I messed up. I thought that 1 nanogram was 10^-4 of a gram, but it is actually 10^-9. I'm an idiot.

For AP English... everyone worked bell to bell. Even though I worked as efficiently as possible, I finished with literally no time to spare. There were 4 passages to read with 54 total multiple choice (A, B, C, D, or E) questions. Pretty intense stuff. And Government should have been easy, but the teacher put a ton of crap on the test that he didn't on the study guide. Thanks a lot, Mr. Football Coach/Track Coach/Gov't Teacher.

[/mini rant thing]

The_Amaster
01-18-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah, same as Pineconn here. Yesterday for AP English I had to write a two page essay in an hour and a half. Then today was 200 questions and a short essay for German 3 and a 100 question insane test for AP Government and Politics. On Tuesday then I have my finals in Chemistry and Algebra II, so we'll see how those go.

Russ
01-18-2008, 06:16 PM
I love being homeschooled. No mid-term exams.

Pineconn
01-18-2008, 06:38 PM
^^Bleh. :tongue:

Yeah, same as Pineconn here. Yesterday for AP English I had to write a two page essay in an hour and a half. Then today was 200 questions and a short essay for German 3 and a 100 question insane test for AP Government and Politics. On Tuesday then I have my finals in Chemistry and Algebra II, so we'll see how those go.

If our school weren't so poor, we may actually have more AP classes than just Calculus and English (which may be removed next year thanks to constant turning down of the levy).

Speaking about our school, I just decided to check the history of its Wikipedia page. Read this old version of it. (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Lakeview_High_School_%28Ohio%29&oldid=183850865) Check out the part of the first paragraph starting with Mrs. Ormerod (after Raidel Auditorium).

I got a little irritated and posted a discussion comment. Though it's rather funny and rather true, why do people do this?

phattonez
01-18-2008, 07:23 PM
I did 3 papers last night, all of them crap. College is fun.

biggiy05
01-18-2008, 11:34 PM
I did 3 papers last night, all of them crap. College is fun.

I like my major. Next Saturday I'll be outside in full turnout gear throwing water....two days later I'll be at another fire station playing with foam.

phattonez
01-22-2008, 02:10 AM
So I see this thread died when I left. Any connection, or am I just feeding my own ego and the reason is really that no one comes on during the weekend?

MasterSwordUltima
01-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Both.

In other news, I just saw that awesome Zombie Kid likes Turtles video on youtube. Fucking brilliant.

phattonez
01-22-2008, 03:13 PM
Speaking of YouTube, has anyone seen the C for Cookie parody of V for Vendetta?

Prrkitty
01-22-2008, 03:29 PM
So I see this thread died when I left. Any connection, or am I just feeding my own ego and the reason is really that no one comes on during the weekend?

Nah... not died... just took a hiatus :) I'm sure someone will help keep this thread going...

phattonez
01-22-2008, 03:45 PM
Hmm, well then, whenever I'm not here, we'll just need the person with the second-most posts in this thread to do it. Luckily enough, there are 3, and they are:

Darth Marsden 160
biggiy05 152
Pineconn 150

mrz84
01-22-2008, 04:42 PM
Yo. Been a while since I last came here, but it's good to be back especially after the car accident DO and I were in. We're both fine, but our car could use a 1-up mushroom to say the least. :sweat: