PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

moocow
10-16-2007, 10:05 PM
Well then, I win.

w00t

deathbyhokie
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM
so this is there 1000th post? there's so many people i have to thank, like Amaster42, without whom i never would've made this post, due to not really caring about post numbers.

now maybe i can luck out and the 100th post in a thread will result in imminent flaming server doom.

Edit

Well then, I win.

w00t

I=fail

erm2003
10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
Well then, I win.

w00t

Well there is nothing better fitting than you making the 1000th post since you started this awesome thread. Awesome.

phattonez
10-16-2007, 10:45 PM
I feel like I'm killing Curveball since I play it so often.

Posts by person for this thread.

phattonez 155
Darth Marsden 116
biggiy05 113
Pineconn 73
Amaster42 56
mrz84 51
Glenn the Great 43
Aegix Drakan 40
moocow 35
ShadowTiger 33
Prrkitty 33
Dechipher 26
Beldaran 25
{DSG}DarkRaven 21
erm2003 21
majoras_wrath 18
Jennifer 16
deathbyhokie 11
rock_nog 11
Pineconn lolz 8
Yoshiman 8
punkonjunk1024 7
Masamune 7
Glitch 6
Sir_Johnamus 6
cyberkitten 6
Gleeok 5
Lilith 4
Cloral 4
broken soul 4
gdorf 4
Anthony 4
Jenny 3
Trevelyan_06 3
Sam Atoms 3
J.J. Maxx 2
Luigi 2
SUCCESSOR 2
Orn 1
scary ghost 1
Jigglysaint 1
GamerMan 1
MasterSwordUltima 1
ZTC 1
DarkDragon 1
DarkDragoonX 1
Foxy 1
spyk99999 1
Graabnar 1
koopa 1
AlexMax 1
Daarkseid 1
Jemsee 1
Diaz-soul 1
Master Ghaleon 1

6% of all my posts ever at AGN are from this thread.

Jenny
10-16-2007, 11:22 PM
^ holy math!

well, sorry I havnt been on in awhile. ive been kind of busy. anyways im back now :D

phattonez
10-16-2007, 11:29 PM
^^You missed a lot of fun yesterday.

Jenny
10-16-2007, 11:36 PM
yea? what was going on yesterday?

phattonez
10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
Glenn hacked the forums by getting an administrator's password, and was toying around with some things. AGN was a hotbed of activity for a while. In the end, DD got control, banned Glenn, and banned GamerMan for being stupid really. I was a mod for a few hours.

Jenny
10-16-2007, 11:39 PM
ohh, sounds awesome, even though I dont understand half of the big words you say. still, sounds like fun..?

Prrkitty
10-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Congrats mooie... for many things - especially this thread :)
*kiss*

Darth Marsden
10-17-2007, 03:10 AM
I'm only second? Well, that's not so bad. They way I see it, if people know you're second best, they think you'll try harder...

(Bonus points if you can tell me which game that quote's from)

phattonez
10-17-2007, 03:14 AM
^^What does that game say about being first?

Aegix Drakan
10-17-2007, 09:06 AM
It's over ONE THOUSAAAND!

XD This thread is made of pure win. Mooie, thanks for having gotten bored at work, and making this random topic!

Darth Marsden
10-17-2007, 10:30 AM
No, this thread is made of pure randomness. Take that as you will.

punkonjunk1024
10-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Glenn hacked the forums by getting an administrator's password, and was toying around with some things. AGN was a hotbed of activity for a while. In the end, DD got control, banned Glenn, and banned GamerMan for being stupid really. I was a mod for a few hours.

That wasn't funny. It was pathetic. He seriously probably felt really magestic and powerful, like a diety, or a god. I don't understand why he likes this place so much. I was banned for a year or so. Know what I did? Played D2 and went outside.

Ok, just played D2. but still.
Also, bring back GB.

phattonez
10-17-2007, 02:40 PM
It was pathetic for Glenn for but funny for us to enjoy Glenn's misery in life.

biggiy05
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Also, bring back GB.

Give up on the GB issue, sarcasm or not. If it ever did come back you would be the first to go down in flames.

It was pathetic for Glenn for but funny for us to enjoy Glenn's misery in life.

The guy has some psychological problems. Someone said he thinks if he gets rid of the mods that he doesn't like then everyone will like him and life is perfect.

.....Who wants to kick him back into reality?

phattonez
10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Glenn is just a pot of contradictions. I'm glad he gone, but I just wish that perma-bans were really permanent. He's had more than enough chances.

I wonder why he liked me though and couldn't tell that I was being sarcastic when I wanted him to make me a mod.

punkonjunk1024
10-17-2007, 07:41 PM
Give up on the GB issue, sarcasm or not. If it ever did come back you would be the first to go down in flames

heh.
No seriously, don't you think my internet skin is a bit thicker than when I was like 13? GB was funny, and what made AGN special. And it would bring a lot of activity back. It might not be positive, but it'd be lols.

Pineconn
10-17-2007, 08:25 PM
I'll take fourth place in the So... competition. Not bad.

Indians are 3-1!

But seriously, it'd be nice to have the Indians and the Rockies in the World Series. It's about time we'd take a break from the usual Red Sox and Yankees...

So I have to ask... boxers or briefs?

phattonez
10-17-2007, 08:27 PM
POJ, I've tried, but everyone seems to disagree. Maybe it would be a way to get some red rep spread around and rep would actually mean something besides time spent at AGN.

Boxers all the way.

mrz84
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
First off, woot that I'm the top 10 of the this thread's posters. :kitty:

Second, Boxers.

Third, I didn't really mind GB, but I never had any real reason to go there. Meh.

Fourth, there is no fourth. :kitty:

Fifth, I like cheese. Especially munster with honey/brown sugar ham and some mayo on white bread. That is one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. :drool:

biggiy05
10-17-2007, 10:39 PM
So I have to ask... boxers or briefs?

Guy version (http://armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99240)

Girl version (http://armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99241)

phattonez
10-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I did not see that commando was an option until now. Not that I would pick it, but it is interesting.

biggiy05
10-18-2007, 12:37 AM
I want some waffles but I gotta wait until after class tomorrow to go eat some. Why? Because I don't get paid until tomorrow and one of the girls in my class is going with me. A bunch of us will go out after class for something to eat and drinks or just a few of us.

mmmm waffles.

Trevelyan_06
10-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Not to beat a dead horse with a stick here, but I have to ask one question about the whole Glenn the not so great thing. Whatever happened in the thread I made in that "suggestions" forum he made saying that there should be a vote to see if we wanted him retained as an Admin and that if we didn't he should, by his own policy, remove himself from power? I never got to see that as it was gone by the time I got home from work that night.

phattonez
10-18-2007, 12:50 AM
He basically said something along the lines of "having fun guys?" and was avoiding the question.

biggiy05
10-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Not to beat a dead horse with a stick here, but I have to ask one question about the whole Glenn the not so great thing. Whatever happened in the thread I made in that "suggestions" forum he made saying that there should be a vote to see if we wanted him retained as an Admin and that if we didn't he should, by his own policy, remove himself from power? I never got to see that as it was gone by the time I got home from work that night.

Huh? Got a link or know who started the thread?

Waffles sound good but I just remembered something that sounds better. A massage. My doctor ordered massage therapy after my surgeries and those were awesome. Tonight in class I just randomly wanted a professional one.

Trevelyan_06
10-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Huh? Got a link or know who started the thread?

I'm the one that started the thread with something along the lines of "In keeping with Glenn's new regime's policy of power to the little poster, I believe that there should be a vote to see if we want him retained as a Administrator. If it's found that we don't, then by his own policy he should remove himself from power immediately." I posted it right before I left for work because that was when this was going down, and before I left most of the replies were a solid, "Hey should STFU and GTFO" or similar.

I was just wondering if it was maybe saved somewhere I could perhaps review it, because I just love the pure unfiltered irony of a thread in Glenn's very own "Suggestion" forum where everyone is suggesting that he pack his shit up and leave.

phattonez
10-18-2007, 02:09 AM
I have a feeling that all of those threads were deleted when DD got control of the forums.

Trevelyan_06
10-18-2007, 02:15 AM
I have a feeling that all of those threads were deleted when DD got control of the forums.

As do I. Which is probably for the best. We certainly don't need to put out bait for the drama llama.

Darth Marsden
10-18-2007, 07:52 AM
Ugh. Shittiest day of work evars.

So I wake up before my alarm at around 3:45 and try to find my uniform. I can't. So I'm panaking, trying to find the damn thing. In the end, I settle for a close approximation - dark trousers, navy blue shirt. Because I've been trying to find my uniform, I'm running behind, so I have to skip breakfast. And when I try to put my shoes on, the lace breaks on one of them. I literally have to make do with using the remains of the lace to tie the shoe together. (NB: This would actually work out, kinda making the shoe a slip-on kinda thing)

So I get to work a few minutes late, but meh. Nobody cares if it's a couple of minutes, so that's Ok. I get in, get on with my job as per normal, and... the fire alarm goes. Technically there should be a duty manager in the store at all times, but there wasn't, so out we all trundle at half six in the morning. It's bloody cold and thanks to store policy, we can't go back in for anything. Theories fly around that something's caught fire, but after half an hour, the fire brigade give us the all clear and we trundle back into work.

Then... my gun stops working. Well, we call it a gun, it's actually a handheld scanner, but whatever. The thing keeps acting like someone's pressing enter a hundered times. So I go to try and find a replacement, and there isn't one. All the other 'guns' are being used by other people. And having a 'gun' is kinda important. Which means that I can't do my system prompted counts, I can't do shrinkage and I can't add the SoH (Stock on Hand) that the system has missed.

And to top it all off, I leave half an hour late with even less work done then I normally do.

I'm gonna get such a bollocking tomorrow. :(

Nicholas Steel
10-18-2007, 08:16 AM
wtf, i didnt notice any of this !!! dammit.

phattonez
10-18-2007, 11:38 AM
^^When you don't come on AGN in the middle of the day, you miss out. Now you learned your lesson.

Trevelyan_06
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Theories fly around that something's caught fire, but after half an hour, the fire brigade give us the all clear and we trundle back into work.

I'm gonna get such a bollocking tomorrow. :(

Silly British person, it's fire department, not brigade. =D

Also, bollocking is a hilarious word.

Darth Marsden
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
No sympathy? Man, you guys suck.

:p

phattonez
10-18-2007, 03:36 PM
Of course, we like to keep so... lighthearted.

Yeah that sucks.

Pineconn
10-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes, I do suck. And I'm proud of it, too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/A.png

"Amaster42 (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/member.php?u=14972)+" ...Interesting.

phattonez
10-18-2007, 06:22 PM
I guess that's why he's AWESEM-O.

Majora
10-18-2007, 07:03 PM
This has got to be the most successful/most viewed/most posted in thread in the history of the internets or something. If I had any money, moocow would get 5 bucks (yes, I'm that poor/cheap/broke) :D

EDIT: w00t 16th place.

phattonez
10-18-2007, 07:09 PM
So this is the most successful thread in AGN history? I want to see it get to page 100 for me. Right now, it's on 26, so it has a long way to go.

The_Amaster
10-18-2007, 07:12 PM
*looks up* Wait...what about me?
And fifth place! Woot.

Man, so I had a quiz in every class today. It was just quiz after quiz after quiz. (Well, to be accurate, after quiz). Annoying.

Majora
10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
So this is the most successful thread in AGN history? I want to see it get to page 100 for me. Right now, it's on 26, so it has a long way to go.

Page 11 for me ;)

The_Amaster
10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I used to have it set on 100 posts per page, but this thread made me change it. I got tired of waiting 3 or 4 minuites for each page to load.

phattonez
10-18-2007, 09:13 PM
I used to have it set on 100 posts per page, but this thread made me change it. I got tired of waiting 3 or 4 minuites for each page to load.

Ditto. I thought my computer could handle it, obviously not.

Prrkitty
10-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Oregon coast had winds similar to a cat 1 hurricane today... gusts close to 65 here in the valley. Ya might say it was windy here today and another front is due in Friday.

Aegix Drakan
10-18-2007, 10:03 PM
wow Darth...that day must've really sucked...

Well, I'm on a 4 day weekend! ...Now, before you all start giving me the evil eye, Let me tell, you...I'm working my ass off.

I have so much crap due for school, it's unbelievable. I spent almost the whole day today designing an interview report for Career Planning class. Well, even though the worst part is over, I still have tons to do. Including studying for 2 midterms.

...and I had been planning on playing lots of Kingdom hearts this weekend (I FINALLY got somone to lend it to me, and got another friend to lend me his "spare" PS2.).

... :( I hate this overworkedness...I hav eheartless to beat! Objections to make! SOUL REAPERS TO SMASH!

/me is currentl yplaying Pheonix wright 3, and Bleach, blade of fate...when not working, anyway

phattonez
10-19-2007, 01:00 AM
I hear that we're gonna get Santa Ana winds here in SoCal soon. They might now be like Prr's hurricane winds, but they are annoying. It gets so hot and dry around here, it's like summer all over again.

ShadowTiger
10-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Some of the local Kentucky/Ohio'ites got some pretty bad storms last night as well. I hope they mozey on down to New York. We need some rain. ... ... (By "Need" I mean want, and by "We" I mean I. By "Rain" I mean Oh my god come look at this it's WHITE outside and dogs are falling down open manholes.)

mrz84
10-19-2007, 12:29 PM
SO I'm returning a movie I rented at blockbuster earlier today, and when I go to get another movie to rent, they person behind the counter tells me the disc isn't in the box. I'm like, what the fusk? I figured that my little brother watched when I wasn't home and forgot to put the disc back in. I probably should have checked it before leaving, but now I have to drive home and get the disc, then drive back. Fan-freaking-tastic. :sweat:

biggiy05
10-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I learned the other day that they are offering the 240 firefighter class at my college. 240 is what the state pretty much the nation says is the number of hours of training you need before you can take your test.

If they are really offering it in the winter and it's not a screw up on the college's part then I'm gonna be bouncing off the walls at midnight on Sunday when we can register for classes.

Prrkitty
10-19-2007, 03:09 PM
^^ 'grats biggiy :) I hope it's not a misprint and will keep my fingers crossed for ya :)

Pineconn
10-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Some of the local Kentucky/Ohio'ites got some pretty bad storms last night as well. I hope they mozey on down to New York. We need some rain. ... ... (By "Need" I mean want, and by "We" I mean I. By "Rain" I mean Oh my god come look at this it's WHITE outside and dogs are falling down open manholes.)

We're Ohioans. ;)

God it looks nice outside. The leaves have just turned golden/orange/yellow. In three weeks the trees will be bare.

The_Amaster
10-19-2007, 06:58 PM
SO I'm returning a movie I rented at blockbuster earlier today, and when I go to get another movie to rent, they person behind the counter tells me the disc isn't in the box. I'm like, what the fusk? I figured that my little brother watched when I wasn't home and forgot to put the disc back in. I probably should have checked it before leaving, but now I have to drive home and get the disc, then drive back. Fan-freaking-tastic. :sweat:

Wait...so your sending this from the video store? (sent, I guess, you posted a bit back)

He, yeah, we Wisconsonites have yet to see much color changing. It's kinda depressing, actually. Mid-October, and 80% of the leaves are still green. Add that to the fact that we haven't gotten over 4 inches of snow in almost five years(at least where I live),and well I'm not going to say global worming, but definitely south-western Wisconsin warming.

mrz84
10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Actually I had to stop by the library to drop off/pick up some books, that's where I did the post. However I was forced to wait 3 hours outside the library because my ride was elsewhere doing whatever when he was supposed to pick me up after an hour. Needless to say I read half the books I checked out (I'm a fast reader) whilst waiting.

On another note, I have discovered that caffine has the opposite effect on me as it does other people. I feel like sleeping for the next 3 days for some reason.

phattonez
10-20-2007, 05:40 PM
I went to the optometrist today and I must have been tripping on some chemical when i got in there because they showed me that eye chart and when they showed me the big E I couldn't see it (my vision is not that bad, but it is bad). Instead, I saw bars of different colors. I couldn't understand it and once I blinked a few times and moved I could see it.

biggiy05
10-22-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm going insane over here! I can't register for my damn firefighter class because the school's website keeps screwing up.

At least I've got someone to keep me distracted....

Prrkitty
10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
*looks all innocent* and then crawls into my recliner and gets comfy...

phattonez
10-22-2007, 01:12 AM
I think we're back finally. Everyone, you can get out of your beds and come towards the light of the computer screen.

biggiy05
10-22-2007, 01:19 AM
OH HELL YEA!

I made it! I'm in the firefighter class for next quarter. After fighting with CougarWeb for almost an hour and constantly getting shut out I made it.

Gonna be a firefighter by spring. HELLO part/full time job in a fire station!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/class2.jpg

phattonez
10-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Congrats Biggiy, now just do well there.

So the arcade still doesn't work.

biggiy05
10-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Congrats Biggiy, now just do well there.

So the arcade still doesn't work.

I'm not worried so much about doing well as I am falling on my ass in full turnout gear with an oxygen tank on.

Nah...I plan to do everything I can to pass that class with an A and pass my state exam with a PASS grade. FAIL is not acceptable.

Aegix Drakan
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Dude, that's awesome biggiy!

:P Good luck man.

--
Well, my 4 day weekend was a waste. I only got the bare minumum done.

>_> And I did almost nothing fun for myself. basically, I just gamed a bit before breakfast, and before bed. That's it.

...I hate this semester.

Oh, and I MIGHT have a chance of doing my externship at UBISOFT. My dad knows someone there, and if my Resume impresses the guy, I might get in.

If I get my "Stage" there, I'm gonna work my ass off so I can have a shot at staying there when it's over. If I can work at Ubisoft...that'll freaking own.

Darth Marsden
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
If you got to work at Ubisoft, I would have to kill you.

Nothing personal, mind. It's just business.

Aegix Drakan
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
>_> Why? why would you kill me?

oh and...

My post count...IT'S OVER NINE HUNDRED!

After 2 and a half years I finally hit one thousand! YEAH!

biggiy05
10-22-2007, 12:49 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/foff2.jpg

mrz84
10-22-2007, 12:59 PM
1st off, w0ot to you biggy for the fire course thingy. Good luck and all.

2nd, sweet Aegix, I hope you do get to stay. Then I can tell people I know somebody in Ubisoft. :kitty:

3rd, That piccy is hilarious. :kitty:

Prrkitty
10-22-2007, 03:02 PM
Congrats biggiy :) And that piccy just rocks :)

Pineconn
10-22-2007, 04:27 PM
So yeah, I have auditions for symphonic/concert band placement tomorrow. I guarantee I'll make symphonic (the better of the two bands), but I'm shooting for 2nd chair (I'm a junior, BTW). I guarantee this senior will be first chair, but I'm vying with a cocky fellow junior and an apathetic senior for 2nd/3rd/4th. I can't be any more nervous now.

In case anybody cares, I happened to make 1st chair. I actually beat the senior by a chair, and the cocky junior and apathetic senior made 3rd and 4th respectfully. Now I'm most interested in what our scores are.

I wonder if it makes me a bad person, but I find it interesting--interesting; not funny, not wonderful--to see who cries after the results are posted. Happens to be that 3 did. ;)

erm2003
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
Wow. Way to go Pineconn! Congrats!

The_Amaster
10-22-2007, 08:23 PM
Nice going dude.

And nice going Biggiy and good luck Aegix.

Aegix Drakan
10-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Kupos to you Pineconn! Glad to hear you made 1rst seat.

The_Amaster
10-22-2007, 10:30 PM
So, I just found out that the room that I was going to run in our school's haunted house has been canceled. I still have a room, but now instead of the cool cinderblock, damp, sewery room that I was going to use, I have a more generic one in the maze. So, does anyone have some cool themes for a room in a haunted house?

Skulkraken
10-23-2007, 02:07 AM
A RE4 themed room? Silent Hill? Trapt/Deception? ...Clock Tower?

Right now, the weather around here has been... erratic, to say the least. The constant alternation between bright and sunny and dark and rainy (and the occasional bright and rainy) is getting to be mind-boggling.

biggiy05
10-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Some of you may remember me talking about the giant of roll of "fire line: do not cross" tape that I got when I ordered my stethoscope. Well I finally got an idea and I'm going to put it into action tonight after class.

First thing is wrap the cab of the tractor just for shits and giggles. Second part is moving one of the trucks we use around the farm and during the winter to plow parking lots. It's gonna be moved to the edge of the woods and made to look like it ran into a tree, prop the hood up for the realism then make it look like an actual crime scene from a distance. Final part of the "I need a life" plan is to do something with the Polaris ranger...maybe drive it up the back of the trailer and tape that off.

Either way the tractor is gonna be covered and the truck is gonna look like it hit a tree. Of course once everyone sees this I'm gonna pay dearly and my uncle is going to plot revenge against me.

Jenny
10-23-2007, 05:23 PM
got back from a small trip to wisconson. pretty nice there, and the chocolate fudge is delicious. the hotel was crappy, all smoking. no pool. oh well, I had fun. :)

phattonez
10-23-2007, 05:27 PM
got back from a small trip to wisconson. pretty nice there, and the chocolate fudge is delicious. the hotel was crappy, all smoking. no pool. oh well, I had fun. :)

What's there to do in Wisconsin?

Biggiy, great idea. I would have used it around a big office building to scare everyone.

Jenny
10-23-2007, 05:35 PM
What's there to do in Wisconsin?

nothing, besides seeing family.

phattonez
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
^^Oh, well now that makes more sense, but don't you have school or something?

Jenny
10-23-2007, 05:38 PM
missed monday, but had school today, oh well one day, big deal :)

phattonez
10-23-2007, 05:44 PM
That's what I say, and it gets all to easy in college to do that.

Pineconn
10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm glad that they passed the smoking ban in Ohio. No smoking in public buildings... period. (Of course, it still happens.)

I hate when I miss school due to an illness. I never have anything to do during the day, and I always feel like I'm 2 weeks behind everyone when I get back. I've missed only one day in my entire high school career (since I was throwing up left and right during the night before...hehe). Of course, I had to get into school to get something for the day after, so I walked into school, got it, and walked out. Our security is terrible.

biggiy05
10-23-2007, 11:12 PM
It's done. My friend Brittany went out with me and we wrapped the cab of the tractor then went around two of the trucks and the horse trailer that just so happened to be lined up side by side. It's a royal mess and we went a little overboard at one point. I'll have pictures in a bit.

edit: Pictures...

It was raining so it was hard to keep my balance on the tires and keep wrapping the cab so we settled for what you see below. Everything is linked so anybody with dial up doesn't suffer.

Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/100_1321.jpg)

Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/100_1319.jpg)

Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/100_1322.jpg)

Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/100_1323.jpg)

Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/100_1325.jpg)

Link (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/100_1326.jpg)

Lots of pictures. It was dark and I had to keep all the lights off so the neighbors across the street didn't think something was up and call the sheriff.

The_Amaster
10-24-2007, 12:01 AM
nothing, besides seeing family.

*indignant* I live in Wisconsin, thank you very much, and theres a lot to do here. You can...

um...

umm...

You can watch the cows, and see all the cheese and stuff.

yeah...

Prrkitty
10-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Biggiy... unky is gonna REALLY have your hide over this!! <giggle>

Trevelyan_06
10-24-2007, 09:46 AM
What nobler cause for fire line than using it to wrap someones tractor and car up in? Well, maybe its original use, but that's boring. I like what you did with it better Biggiy.

phattonez
10-24-2007, 12:27 PM
Curveball is so addicting. I have no competition but I can't stop playing it.

Jenny
10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I have no competition...

oh, but you will, but you willllll ;)

phattonez
10-24-2007, 08:31 PM
^^I would hope that someone can compete against me.

EDIT: Jenny: you're gonna have a hard time since I have the top 30 scores almost.

The_Amaster
10-24-2007, 11:35 PM
In their competition, Jenny and Phattonez focus only on each other, in what will prove to be a deadly mistake. For, lurking in the shadows, just out of mind, the Amaster waits to strike at the most vulnerable moment and steal the curveball score for himself.

phattonez
10-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Jenny needs a few more thousand to catch me.

Amaster, I haven't seen you anywhere close, but if you want to catch me, you pretty much have to get to level 9.

Darth Marsden
10-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Man, level 9 was HARD. I haven't played for a while, but I'm guessing you wiped my high score off there.

phattonez
10-25-2007, 11:04 AM
My best competition right now is Pineconn who is in 32nd place and Jenny who is in 40th place.

Darth, you are 43rd.

Darth Marsden
10-25-2007, 02:29 PM
I was 8th at one point. Honest!

Random topic change: Watch, laugh and wonder how you ever got by without him. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/tag/zero+punctuation)

ZTC
10-25-2007, 02:50 PM
First time playing that and it's fun, ahaha. (insert pun involving balls)

phattonez
10-25-2007, 03:51 PM
I get a lot of lag when I play curveball, and I can usually make it go away if I have something else that uses Flash. Does anyone else get that?

biggiy05
10-25-2007, 04:16 PM
I have a division two exam tonight at 6pm then I have a division three exam next Thursday the day I have to go to the 8am class because I'm going to a concert that night. That means we are having a quiz Tuesday or Wednesday...oh crap.

phattonez
10-25-2007, 06:21 PM
The website is back now after an hour of downtime. Why does this keep happening?

Pineconn
10-25-2007, 10:19 PM
Okay, so my current earthly competition is Jenny. I guarantee I will not be able to beat you, phattonez. ;) Pineconn shall endeavor to own... second place!

Eh. That means I'll actually have to try.

EDIT: I can barely place a ball past level 6 anymore. I haven't played in a while. Phattonez, you've played Curveball for almost 19 hours. You have no life. :D

Darth Marsden
10-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Fine, ignore my random attempt to change the topic. Whatever.

The_Amaster
10-26-2007, 12:18 PM
7! :kawaii:

phattonez
10-26-2007, 09:23 PM
So this place has seemed kind of dead these past few days. Is anyone here?

Dechipher
10-26-2007, 09:31 PM
So this place has seemed kind of dead these past few days. Is anyone here?

Yeah.
Jo.

phattonez
10-26-2007, 09:54 PM
Anyone else? This has been like the only post all day.

Gleeok
10-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Oooh, I'm here too!

..well actually only for a few more minutes.

phattonez
10-26-2007, 10:02 PM
Someone post and stay . . . ! Well actually, I shouldn't complain. I'm gonna leave soon too.

biggiy05
10-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Everyone is out having a life it seems.

Me? I worked, went out for a bit. Now I'm contemplating going to bed.

phattonez
10-26-2007, 10:18 PM
I'm still waiting to go out. It's only 7 and I'm watching Old School.

Darth Marsden
10-27-2007, 07:21 AM
I'm here, but since I'm in the UK, it's probably around midnight where you guys are. :(

phattonez
10-27-2007, 11:43 AM
It was 4:30 a.m. for me when you posted that.

Darth Marsden
10-27-2007, 03:24 PM
Well, my point remains valid, even if I was off with the actual time. While I'm posting, you're sleeping, and vice-versa, generally.

phattonez
10-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Well you're posting right now and I'm wide awake.

moocow
10-27-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm going to dress like a big fucking whore and get trashed in like... 2 hours.

Pineconn
10-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Awesome.

Everyone is out having a life it seems.

High school football for me, then a bunch of us (in the band) went out to Perkins. I scraped enough money to buy a cheese quesadilla!.... and water. Speaking of which, we're going to the playoffs (http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/2007region_9.html)... for the first time in 11 years. :unhappy: Go Lakeview! ...as if you care.

So how about the Dophins/Giants game that's being played in London, England? Are any of you Britons going to watch it?

phattonez
10-28-2007, 12:15 AM
^^The World Series is on, this is not the time for football.

Pineconn
10-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Football > baseball > golf > basketball ≥ tennis > soccer > cheerleading, but it's not a sport.

Everyone knows the Red Sox will win the series.

Gleeok
10-28-2007, 12:43 AM
Football > baseball > golf > basketball ≥ tennis > soccer > cheerleading, but it's not a sport.

Everyone knows the Red Sox will win the series.

You have erred in you calculations. I would much, MUCH rather watch cheerleading than golf. Golf is not a sport.

phattonez
10-28-2007, 12:48 AM
^^You have no idea how in shape you must be to be in the lead at golf. Maybe you've heard this story, but when Tiger Woods was in college, they did some athletic test, and he was ahead of everyone in the school. More in shape than the cross country people, the football players, the baseball players, the sprinters, the basketball players, etc.

This is my list. Baseball>Bowling>everything else>soccer.

Pineconn
10-28-2007, 01:50 AM
Okay, that's it. I'm challenging my competition at Curveball, Amaster and Jenny. I just want to know who is the best, besides phattonez. :p But Jenny doesn't have challenges turned on (User CP -> Edit Arcade Options). Curveball is just too addicting.

Hmm... Red Sox are leading 3-0. I'm not surprised.

phattonez
10-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Hey, sometimes I falter. Just give me a chance, I CAN LOSE!!!

I really do slip up sometimes, the lag really gets me and I try to curve and end up missing the ball.

Pineconn
10-28-2007, 02:44 AM
Yes. Once every 100 games.

But beware, as I am breathing down your neck (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/arcade.php?do=scores&gameid=109&page=1&sessionid=4558)!

And if you want to crap your pants, watch [this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnKbcgvgAg)] incredibly related video. Or [this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWtM_5Rahro)] one.

MasterSwordUltima
10-28-2007, 04:00 AM
The moment I saw the Youtube logo on those pages, I stopped them from loading, and looked up some Mama Luigi to fill my early sunday morning with laughter.

CONEY ISLAND DISCO PALACE!

Luigi, uigi, uigi, uigi, uigi...ahahah, brilliant

Gleeok
10-28-2007, 04:07 AM
What is it with curveball? And how do you get a super curve bonus? ...maybe something to do with when you click the mouse....alright i'll give it a shot.

*edit: uh. 10,000..wow. I keep trying to put way too much curve on it....

Darth Marsden
10-28-2007, 06:38 AM
Well you're posting right now and I'm wide awake.
That was right before I went to bed. :(

Can we please talk about something other then Curveball? It's a stupid game and I can't beat you at it, ergo it suxxor.

phattonez
10-28-2007, 11:30 AM
What is it with curveball? And how do you get a super curve bonus? ...maybe something to do with when you click the mouse....alright i'll give it a shot.

*edit: uh. 10,000..wow. I keep trying to put way too much curve on it....

That's only in certain versions of the game.

Pineconn
10-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Actually, we get those bonuses, but the words don't appear.

So what would you like to talk about, Darth? I'm up for anything.

phattonez
10-28-2007, 04:17 PM
Let's talk about waffles, I didn't get enough of that during Archibaldo's DotW.

The_Amaster
10-28-2007, 04:18 PM
McDonalds is not fast food. I'm sorry. Mediumish, maybe, but not fast. I was in a hurry, right? Riding my bike to the haunted house I'm in. So, I stop of at McDonalds, order a chicken snack wrap. You know, figure I'll get it, wolf it down, and be out in like 2 minuites. Takes ten minuites. For a fricken snack wrap. Chicken in a tortilla with lettuce, cheese and sauce. NOT that hard! And I was late as it was.

phattonez
10-28-2007, 04:55 PM
I don't think that I've ever had a snack wrap there. I've had the one at KFC and it was pretty good. Does the rest of the country have the McDonald's Angus Third Pounders yet? We've had it in the LA area for a while now, and it's pretty damn good.

Aegix Drakan
10-28-2007, 09:23 PM
I must excuse my absense the last few days. I've just been busy. very busy.

And in my honest opinon, There is only one good thing about Mcdonalds. Their. freaking. vanilla. MILKSHAKES! Whenever my family goes on a road trip, we go buy some.

^_^ they're great.

Pineconn
10-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Snack wraps are awesome, and I've never had that Angus Third Pounder thing. Is it new?

Here's a way to start up a conversation. What are the origins of your user names?

"Pineconn" is really a play on the Pok&#233;mon "Pineco" when I was active for about a week in a Pok&#233;mon forum several years ago. Pronunciation: "pine&#183;kawn", simple as that. I'm the only Pineconn on the Internet.

The_Amaster
10-28-2007, 10:23 PM
I didn't get E-Mail till 8th grade, and when I was making my username, I really couldn't think of what to make it. I figured, well, My name starts with A, so Amaster, and I like Douglas Addams, so 42. And then I started using it everywhere, to establish an identity on the net. Later on, I would think the number was a bit childish, so in most forums I've joined in the past year and a half I'm The_Amaster. So look for me.

(On the subject of flashbacks, anyone remember me with this ava?)

phattonez
10-29-2007, 12:09 AM
Phat
Tonez-Tony.

I think it's pretty easy.

Prrkitty
10-29-2007, 12:30 AM
The nickname Paul gave me right after we got married. :) We needed nicknames for places we visited online. Mine became Prrkitty... his became Bearstud/Grrbear.

Dechipher
10-29-2007, 02:00 AM
I actually think the 42 works, because its not supposed to be a year or an age, and it actually means something to you.
Personally.

My user name....its just fucked.

Trevelyan_06
10-29-2007, 02:12 AM
I got my user name from a James Bond movie. It the movie Goldeneye, James Bond faces a former teammate named Alec Trevelyan. I did a little research on when I got it and found out that it was also a British nobility name, so I took and I've stuck with it ever since.

Interesting side note, my user name is often shortened to Trev. According to urbandicitonary.com that is British slang for a group of people much like emo's or punks here in the states.

Darth Marsden
10-29-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm a Star Wars fan. Do the math.

I've never heard of Trev being used in that manner. Many a year ago, there was the phrase 'clever trevor', but nobody uses that anymore. So Trevelyan works pretty well, especially since he was played by Sean Bean. One minor question - why _06?

erm2003
10-29-2007, 05:28 AM
^^ I am guessing he based it off of the agent number from the movie.

James Bond - 007
Alec Trevelyan - 006

EDIT: Weird, edit button only shows up when it wants to...

Anyway, my user name is just my initials and my undergrad year. Nothing creative going on here.

ShadowTiger
10-29-2007, 09:37 AM
(On the subject of flashbacks, anyone remember me with this ava?)It's what I recognize you by. :p

My name is composed of my two most prevalent spiritual traits. I have a lot in common with felines, (Save for the taste in meats. Fish, on the other hand, .. .. wooo boy. Gimme a fish plzthx.) and I make no noise when I walk. (I <3 it so.) I dislike light with a passion, and can be seen wearing sunglasses for no ornamental nor fashion purposes whatsoever; just to provide meager protection from the sun's blinding rays of malicious vindictiveness towards nerds and geeks like muah.

FAR better than "BH4" which means "Bra" in the Netherlands and surrounding regions I'm sure. BH4 was also the shortening of the Britannianhero4 (my E-mail address when I couldn't think of a username when I joined AGN.) that was a fan reference to the Ultima Series for the PC. No idea where the "4" came from. Probably because the other Britannianheroes 1, 2, and 3 were taken. :sweat:

EDIT: Also, when did goKi become an Administrator again? Probably remnants from a backup or memory or something. (And DFW losing her Moderational position. Eh, not for me to ask.)

Aegix Drakan
10-29-2007, 10:04 AM
I was sitting in french class in high school year 5. the teacher gives us a crossword/mystery word game. I look idly down and it, and see the letters A. E. G. I. X. lined up. The rest is history.

And the "drakan" at the end of my name got added on due to my affinity for dragons.

BTW, pronunciation goes something like this: (Aye-Jix Dray-Khan)

[off the general topic]:( Well, the site that I got my random DS games from just got "cease and desist"ed. :( They were such a good site...

phattonez
10-29-2007, 10:24 AM
^^So what's the word in French?

Aegix Drakan
10-29-2007, 10:26 AM
It wasn't a word. It was a large grid full of random letters that made up words. the letters A E G I X just happenned to be lined up.

Darth Marsden
10-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Damn those Cease and Desists! Will their evil know no bounds?

biggiy05
10-29-2007, 04:31 PM
Someone on another forum I moderate gave me the idea of making a blog for the fire class.

http://fireman05.wordpress.com/

I'll probably update it every few days or at the end of the week when the class starts.

moocow
10-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Dyed my hair black.

http://a321.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/63/l_50feb38508e0fe9966a2a75d6aa04bc8.jpg

Russ
10-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Here's a way to start up a conversation. What are the origins of your user names?

Mine is a combination of my middle and last name.

biggiy05
10-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Dyed my hair black.

http://a321.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/63/l_50feb38508e0fe9966a2a75d6aa04bc8.jpg

That's different......really different but it looks good!

Pineconn
10-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I honestly don't even know what you looked like before, so I won't be able to comment. :tongue:

.... . . ...... .. ... . .. Is it me, or is AGN a little boring right now (without Glenn)?

I say we have the 2008 Superlatives a little early. :evil: Not really.

moocow
10-29-2007, 11:08 PM
My most recent pictures before coloring my hair is in the picture post thread, or whatever it's called.

I like it.

phattonez
10-29-2007, 11:09 PM
^^It's a little boring when NO ONE POSTS. Glenn was stupid anyway, we're better off without him.

deathbyhokie
10-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Dyed my hair black.

I'd hit it.

Agn is boring compared t o what i was a few years ago. but that's because the average age of the forum regulars has gone up, so we tend to post less, and have less time anyway

phattonez
10-30-2007, 12:11 AM
^^So we just need to recruit more young members. Invite your friends.

Russ
10-30-2007, 12:17 AM
I honestly don't even know what you looked like before, so I won't be able to comment. :tongue:

.... . . ...... .. ... . .. Is it me, or is AGN a little boring right now (without Glenn)?

I say we have the 2008 Superlatives a little early. :evil: Not really.

AGN is getting boring, espicially without Glenn. And forget about 2008 superlatives, let's just have all the ones that will take place in the next few years over the course of two weeks!:cool: Kidding, of course.

^^So we just need to recruit more young members. Invite your friends.

Will do.

Darth Marsden
10-30-2007, 04:06 AM
Make sure they can spell, otherwise they won't survive a week. I'm totally serial right now.

I went back to blonde last week. It grew out and I got a haircut so it went back to my natural brown, but last week I saw the Bblonde kit on offer and thought 'what the hell?', so now I look like Cloud again.

Pic when I can find my FTP details.

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 09:04 AM
So we just need to recruit more young members. Invite your friends.

Ayup. Just did, actually. We'll see if he signs up, though...

Aegix Drakan
10-30-2007, 09:46 AM
>_> Well, I shall try, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

My friends don't go on forums much. (read: never)

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm not sure if my friend is a forum-er, but he's a huge Zelda fan, so I pulled him in with ZC.

Russ
10-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure if my friend is a forum-er, but he's a huge Zelda fan, so I pulled him in with ZC.

If you pull them in with ZC, the first nine months of posts are going to be ristricted to the ZC forum.

phattonez
10-30-2007, 12:05 PM
^^Can you explain that? I've never heard of anything like that.

biggiy05
10-30-2007, 12:37 PM
^^Can you explain that? I've never heard of anything like that.

He means that they will only post in the ZC section of the forums and nowhere else.

phattonez
10-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Well he said restricted, so that had me confused. I didn't know that he meant it figuratively.

Trevelyan_06
10-30-2007, 12:46 PM
I believe phattonez, he is referring to a unique quality of gaming geeks. When they find a new game that they enjoy very much, they will often fixate only upon that game and anything that goes along with it. They will sit in front of the respective system the game is played on and lose all contact with the rest of the world. There are even documented scientific experiments in which plates are stacked on the heads of gamers who are in the so called "gamers trance." I believe he is referring to this because he is pointing out that if the additional members were drawn in with ZC they would tend to fixate only on those forums, leaving the rest of us in the General Discussion forums bored.

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 05:51 PM
Actually, I fixated on the ZC forums for my first stint because I didn't know the rest existed. I was accesing them through zeldaclassic.com, and that only displays the ZC pertinent ones. So I gave my friend the shardstorm adress and a few good betas to check out, as well as armageddongames.net, so maybe he'll join us.

erm2003
10-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Actually, I fixated on the ZC forums for my first stint because I didn't know the rest existed. I was accesing them through zeldaclassic.com, and that only displays the ZC pertinent ones. So I gave my friend the shardstorm adress and a few good betas to check out, as well as armageddongames.net, so maybe he'll join us.

It's not uncommon for new people to do this. I am pretty sure I did the exact same thing for months before I realized there was more than just the ZC part of the forums.

Pineconn
10-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Ditto. I was an outcast for a while, too.

So last night I signed up for a domain name on globat.com, and when I entered all the information (including credit card info), it said that it was processing it. Typically how long will it take? I'm not about to get cheated out over a hundred bucks... of money that isn't mine.

erm2003
10-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Globat is actually who I have my sites through. They are OK. If you have issues setting up, look for their customer service line. They are actually great over the phone and they have been very helpful.

Russ
10-30-2007, 09:11 PM
Ditto. I was an outcast for a while, too.

Likewise. How else would I know that the new member would stay in the ZC forums.

The_Amaster
10-30-2007, 09:46 PM
My AGN life can be divided into two distinct phases: the first burst, and the long haul. When I first found ZC, I joined the forums, asked a few questions, and after a few weeks, just stopped coming back. Months passed. Then, one day, while cleaning of my desktop I found the ZC icon, remembered what an awesome program it was, and came back. I asked someone where I could get a beta, and they pointed me to the beta forums, unknown to me. So, I discovered the rest, began posting in earnest, and the rest is history.

phattonez
10-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I was always pretty active on the forums, but during last year I took sporadic time off from AGN and didn't come on for a long while. Ever since college I've been coming on a lot now and my post count has gone up greatly. Good or bad, take it as you will.

The_Amaster
10-31-2007, 07:07 PM
Im...impossible. So... has gone twenty hours without a post.

So, who recognizes my new avatar?

ShadowMancer
10-31-2007, 07:40 PM
No idea about your avatar, but the 42 is the meaning of "Life the Universe and Everything" from HHGttG (the best 5 book triligoy I ever read :D )
On the subject of usernames, I guess I just thought up my name one day, Shadow because I am kind of shy and hidden IRL and Mancer because of my like of all things supernatural ('magical'). I used to post under the name Moog52 but that was a looong time ago, and I probley had a whooping post count of 10 :p
so, I guess 'So..' is the random thread around here, over 1000 posts of randomness yay!

phattonez
10-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Im...impossible. So... has gone twenty hours without a post.

So, who recognizes my new avatar?
It looks like something in Myst.

Aegix Drakan
10-31-2007, 09:32 PM
/me points at Amaster's avatar Pheonix Wright style

It's the "golden compass" from the book of the same name! (ok, so I forget the real name..I think it might have been the Althiometer...but I'm not sure).

You think of a question, wind it, and it gives you a "sort-of" answer.

:P The first book was good. But...I found it started getting a bit stale about halfway through the second book.

phattonez
10-31-2007, 09:50 PM
Eh, I was close enough. But I do know that there was something just like it in Myst, the water area in the first game.

Skulkraken
11-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Well, it looks like my dad is finally going to be able to go back into the Guard. He managed to make the cut after dropping his blood sugar levels by about 16 points in two weeks. He won't know where he's going to assigned to, though, until after he gets sworn in. I still need to find out whether he's going to be part of the infantry or a combat engineer like he was before he quit.

On the topics of usernames and Myst --

- My username is based on the name of a Pokemon. Specifically, it's based on a beta name for the pokemon that eventually became known as Gyarados, which was my favorite back in the days of Red and Blue. I just thought the idea of a fish that transforms into a city-smashing dragon was awesome.

-I bought a copy of Myst a long time ago. Unfortunately, I'm still totally lost in it, even to this day. Right now, I'm mostly just tinkering around with the level editor for Graal, and playing both Heroes of Might and Magic 2 Gold and Alpha Centauri.

phattonez
11-01-2007, 02:05 AM
If you're gonna play Myst, keep a sheet of notes, and don't let anybody ruin the game for you.

ShadowTiger
11-01-2007, 09:21 AM
and playing both Heroes of Might and Magic 2 GoldI loved that game so hard. HoMM3 + Expansion just took the cake though. I'm now playing HoMM5, and they changed around a lot. It shines like the sun. It feels more like an actual RPG now, with a real plot, and just has tactics involved. I'm not sure how they did it, but if you start out with low standards, and really click on everything and look at the detail placed into everything, you can get a lot of satisfaction out of it. The Map Editor (Not included! .. But I have it.) is also quite phenomenal.

The_Amaster
11-01-2007, 10:16 AM
But I do know that there was something just like it in Myst, the water area in the first game.
Oh yeah, that stupid %&$#& compass thing in Stoneship. Hate that thing.

Heros of might and Magic- Never played it. Heard great stuff about it though.

phattonez
11-01-2007, 10:46 AM
It looks just like it. All the lights around it. I hated that it took so much work for me to even see that thing.

biggiy05
11-01-2007, 04:46 PM
They need toilet seat warmers...I'm sure someone makes them but they more than likely for the really fancy expensive toilets.

Pineconn
11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Myst was awesome. :D Took forever to learn how to get to Channelwood.

Globat is actually who I have my sites through. They are OK. If you have issues setting up, look for their customer service line. They are actually great over the phone and they have been very helpful.

How long does it take to activate the account? It's been I think 3 days since I signed up, and I've received no notice.

erm2003
11-01-2007, 07:41 PM
^^ I don't know why it would take that long unless the payment hasn't cleared yet for some reason (which it should have). Maybe you should give them a call if you don't hear anything this weekend.

phattonez
11-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Myst was awesome. :D Took forever to learn how to get to Channelwood.

How long does it take to activate the account? It's been I think 3 days since I signed up, and I've received no notice.

The only reason that I ever beat the game was my brother's cheat sheet that he made while playing the game and that I knew the secret ever since my brother beat the game.

The_Amaster
11-01-2007, 09:31 PM
The only reason that I ever beat the game was my brother's cheat sheet that he made while playing the game and that I knew the secret ever since my brother beat the game.

Objection! (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2289509)

(Man, Aegix is going to kill me for finding this first.;))

Jenny
11-01-2007, 09:51 PM
almost going to advance in karatee :D! well the past few days ive finished my report on why the digestive track is so important. O_o. kind of an odd assignment imo. well, thats done, now free time!

Pineconn
11-01-2007, 09:58 PM
What a wonderful assignment. Can't think of anything more pleasant than a detailed report on your colon. :tongue:

My favorite Myst game is Myst 3: Exile for sure. It takes the concept of the original Myst and innovates on it. Not to mention that some of the Ages are awesome. The best part is that you can choose among several languages, like German and Spanish. :D

The_Amaster
11-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Gottta love Exile. Graphics on that were simply stunning. I showed it to a friend of mine and he wouldn't believe it was from 2001. Killer soundtrack too. And the gameplay is unmatched.

Myst IV: Revelation had the creme de le crop graphics though. Simply blows you away.

Aegix Drakan
11-01-2007, 10:25 PM

Nah, I knew about it (it's so popular on gamefaqs it's unbelievable). But I never bothered to look it up and use it. But I'm starting to...

:P I know what I'm doing this friday's Magazine Publishing class.

I never really played Myst. I basically wandered around the first island for an hour or two, then gave up because I could not figure anything out. That was a few years ago, but still...

Also, even though I don't mind using FAQs once in a while, I think I'd be reading the Myst FAQ more than I'd be playing it. XD

...Right now, I'm looking for any good DS games I might have missed. :( I've been reduced to playing "Naruto, path of the ninja" on the bus. Ans while the game is not bad, it could be better. Oh, and I'm planning on giving Etrian oddessey another crack while I'm on winter vacation.

phattonez
11-02-2007, 12:27 AM

Objection! (http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2289509)

My roommate was watching when I opened that link, my roommate was amazed.

Jenny, are you anywhere near my score yet?

Pineconn
11-02-2007, 01:47 PM
...Right now, I'm looking for any good DS games I might have missed.

I think that they were going to port Myst onto the DS with the Rime Age. ;)

So we're headed off to Aurora, Ohio, tonight to play them in the first round of the HS football playoffs. It's going to be over an hour of a bus ride, in the cold. Though 7 out of 10 people in the local newspaper pick us to win, I still think we'll lose.

Aaaaaugh. It sucks just thinking about it.

biggiy05
11-02-2007, 04:15 PM
I went to the Keith Urban's love, pain and the whole crazy world tour featuring Gary Allen last night. I took my lady friend Angela and it was a whole lot better than I thought it was gonna be.

She took a lot of pictures but these two I thought were really cool. The first is a bit blurry but still turned out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/n50609441_31143110_2128.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/n50609441_31143077_1211.jpg

Jenny
11-03-2007, 12:38 AM
Jenny, are you anywhere near my score yet?

am I? another 6000 points, I guess. maybeh if I play another 50 times... blah, another day. :tongue:

Pineconn
11-03-2007, 12:43 AM
So we're headed off to Aurora, Ohio, tonight to play them in the first round of the HS football playoffs. It's going to be over an hour of a bus ride, in the cold. Though 7 out of 10 people in the local newspaper pick us to win, I still think we'll lose.

Aaaaaugh. It sucks just thinking about it.

Why, oh why did we win?

We'll be playing the #1 seed team next Friday. Now our season will be over! ;)

I've taken up the 2nd place score in Curveball. Phattonez, watch out!

Russ
11-03-2007, 12:46 AM
I've taken up the 2nd place score in Curveball. Phattonez, watch out!
Just 'cause you're in second doesn't mean you'll get first.

Why, oh why did we win?

We'll be playing the #1 seed team next Friday. Now our season will be over! ;)

You'll never win with a bad attitude. Just tell yourself you'll win and you will.

phattonez
11-03-2007, 01:39 AM
am I? another 6000 points, I guess. maybeh if I play another 50 times... blah, another day. :tongue:

Haha, well then I better go and protect my score.

Darth Marsden
11-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Dammit, no more freakin' Curveball!

So I've had a nasty cold the last few days. Really started developing on Wednesday, but I've been able to cope with it until today. This is the first time I've had to call in sick - it's just been kicking my ass today. Sore throat, constant coughing, bunged up nose... Colds suck.

phattonez
11-03-2007, 02:44 PM
What I hate most about any cold or something stupid like that is a RUNNY NOSE!!! I can't stand it, I would rather have more of the other symptoms than a runny nose. It's so embarrassing having to make that noise with your nose every 5 seconds and going to blow your nose every few minutes. Then your nose gets all tender and red, it's the most annoying symptom ever.

deathbyhokie
11-03-2007, 10:49 PM
It's so embarrassing having to make that noise with your nose every 5 seconds and going to blow your nose every few minutes. Then your nose gets all tender and red, it's the most annoying symptom ever.

I usually just give up, and as long as i'm in a relatively private place (my office, my house, etc) i just stuff a small wad of tissue up my nose. It's no more distracting than the dripping.

biggiy05
11-03-2007, 11:19 PM
phattonez what are you going to do if this thread ever disappeared after a forum crash or something of the like?

phattonez
11-04-2007, 03:20 AM
I'd probably have to look for what exists beyond the realms of the internet.

Darth Marsden
11-04-2007, 04:46 PM
My cold is finally clearing up, thank god. Thanks to the SOLE PERSON who wished me better - you know who you are :nudge: I was so drained yesterday, but I definately felt better this morning, and I'm pretty much back to my old self now, so yay. I think I'll do something to celebrate. Lemme think on that.

EDIT: Ok, two people. But one of them was Prry and she's nice to everyone, so it doesn't count. :p

EDIT2: I have post 1,200. That's a little scary, but also a little cool.

phattonez
11-04-2007, 04:57 PM
Well your post 1200 wouldn't have come if I didn't put my post 1199, thereby foregoing my chance at post 1200. You're welcome, j/k.

Darth Marsden
11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
You've got a highscore at that game what not must be mentioned. Quit complaining.

Pineconn
11-04-2007, 08:29 PM
Curveball?

You'll never win with a bad attitude. Just tell yourself you'll win and you will.

Perhaps you misinterpreted. I don't want to win. I'm growing a little tired of following this team all over the state wasting my Friday nights tucked away on the side of the football field playing five songs per quarter. :tongue:

Blah.

Russ
11-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Perhaps you misinterpreted. I don't want to win. I'm tired of following this team all over the state wasting my Friday nights tucked away on the side of the football field playing five songs per quarter. :tongue:

Blah.

Yes, I misinterpreted. I though you were being sarcastin when you said "Why did we have to win?" In that case, I hope you lose.

Pineconn
11-04-2007, 08:36 PM
Thank you. :)

...Er, what?

What to write. So I'm getting a haircut tonight. And jeez, I thought that the Colts were going to win. Darn Brady and his shotgun of an arm.

deathbyhokie
11-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Perhaps you misinterpreted. I don't want to win. I'm growing a little tired of following this team all over the state wasting my Friday nights tucked away on the side of the football field playing five songs per quarter. :tongue:

Blah.

You failed to mention the always entertaining bus rides home in the dark. Sometime sexual, sometimes disgusting, but always entertaining.

Pineconn
11-04-2007, 09:18 PM
I usually just listen to my iPod/watch others play Super Mario 64 on the DS/sleep. Some others exhibit the activities you mentioned. :eyebrow:

Aegix Drakan
11-04-2007, 10:50 PM
You failed to mention the always entertaining bus rides home in the dark. Sometime sexual, sometimes disgusting, but always entertaining.

>_> Dude, having sex in a bus in the dark is not a good idea.

Things that could go wrong:

1. People can HEAR what you're doing. >_> now, if you're an exhibitionist...then you have no problem..
2. If there is an accident, the results will not be pretty.
3. there is an infinitesmally small chance that in the dark, yo umight do the wrong person (ok, it's basically impossible, but :P)

...So...>_> by my logic, sex on bus = bad idea.

phattonez
11-04-2007, 10:50 PM
I sleep or just sit and look forward on the bus. I can't look down, it gets me sick.

deathbyhokie
11-04-2007, 10:56 PM
>_> Dude, having sex in a bus in the dark is not a good idea.

Things that could go wrong:

1. People can HEAR what you're doing. >_> now, if you're an exhibitionist...then you have no problem..
2. If there is an accident, the results will not be pretty.
3. there is an infinitesmally small chance that in the dark, yo umight do the wrong person (ok, it's basically impossible, but :P)

...So...>_> by my logic, sex on bus = bad idea.

The average high school band member doesn't place much stock in logic. And "sexual activities" doesn't always mean intercourse. Althoguh we did have a guy who would blatently get it on in the back of the bus. While his girlfriend-thing sat 2-3 seats forward of him. Talk about ballsy.

Darth Marsden
11-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Ah, high school was so much fun.

phattonez
11-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I just went back this weekend my my school's homecoming game. The people there make me feel so old, everyone looks so young now.

Aegix Drakan
11-05-2007, 11:12 AM
>_< for me, High school was the exact opposite of nice and funny...

and I've just had the crappiest monday morning ever. I go down for breakfast, and I see that we are out of Chocolate muffins. I see that my brother is eating a crescent, so I decide to have one too. >_> there was just a single mini-crescent in the bag. I look for cereal, and all we have are Rice crispies. Seeing as how they taste like crap, I look for the sugar, only to see that we don't have any. So my breakfast consisted of Rice crispies (blech) and Doritos. Oh, and because I wasted so much time looking for breakfast, I didn't hae time to make lunch, so I'll have to pay an exhorbitant fee for crappy cafeteria food!

Oh, and the new headphones I got for my DS just suck, so that's an added bonus.

-_- I hate mondays...

Russ
11-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I hate Mondays too. I have to do more more school work on Monday than any other day of the week.

phattonez
11-05-2007, 11:42 AM
I had hard pancakes for breakfast. Needless to say I stopped eating them.

Aegix Drakan
11-05-2007, 12:55 PM
GAAAAAAH!!!!!!!

Ok, this is one of the worst Mondays I've EVER had.

>_> I just whipped out my DS so the teacher could listen to some music I'm putting in A flash program I'm making (I have an R4, so I cna use my DS as an MP3 Player), and...get this...

THE TOP SCREEN HAS A CRACK IN THE LCD PART

I.E. the part of the screen that actually displays the graphics, now has 2 huge creen cracks in it that have fucked it up. I can still play on it, but I now have this huge green crack thingy that practically splits the top screen in two.

>_< I am so pissed now, It's not funny. I was playing my DS just two hours ago on the bus, and it was fine. Something hapenned during that time that broke it, and I don't know what!

*Mopes* I loved that Old-school DS...

Deviance
11-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Hmm well my object today is to celebrate my 19th bday by looking for a job and eating out at subway. Teh W00t

Also when I went out to get some smokes I forgot teh money so that sucked.

phattonez
11-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Aegix, now you have a TS.

Sean, that is a terrible way to celebrate your birthday. Wait until tomorrow to look for a job. But happy birthday anyway.

Jenny
11-05-2007, 01:19 PM
your welcome darth. :P

I'd probably have to look for what exists beyond the realms of the internet.
quote omg! :tongue:

phattonez
11-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Haha, I'm glad that somebody got a kick out of it.

Pineconn
11-06-2007, 12:57 AM
Steelers just ate up the Ravens 38-7. Should have been 40-7 if you watched it (it was blatently intentional grounding in the end zone, but they didn't call it). What a night. And... I don't have school tomorrow.

Best Monday evars.

phattonez
11-06-2007, 01:04 AM
It would be if football wasn't so boring to me. Midterm tomorrow! Can't get enough of those.

Deviance
11-06-2007, 03:40 AM
Sean, that is a terrible way to celebrate your birthday. Wait until tomorrow to look for a job. But happy birthday anyway.

Had nothing else better to do but I had a same day interview :-D So I am happy I went out job hunting.

Darth Marsden
11-06-2007, 04:15 AM
Aegix - get a DS Lite. I'm told they're teh awesome.

Sean - Happy belated birthday. Hope the interview went well.

Jenny - It's You're, not your. You're abbrevieting the words 'you are', hence the apostrophe.

I'm like the grammar Nazi's third cousin, twice removed.

moocow
11-06-2007, 08:16 AM
*ahem*

HOOOOOOOOOOOKERS

Darth Marsden
11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes please!

phattonez
11-06-2007, 10:59 AM
I don't have the kind of money that you would need for something like that. But if someone were to send one over . . . I'm sure my roommate would like it.

Aegix Drakan
11-06-2007, 01:02 PM
@moocow: >_> No thanks. Not my kind of thing.

:P Well, turns out I don't need to. My mom offered to buy me a DS lite as long as I give her my old DS (she likes brain age, and she doesn't mind the random grey cracks on the screen.) :P I just gotta put up with the dented screen for another month or two, and voila, free DS lite.

Jenny
11-06-2007, 05:06 PM

Sean - Happy belated birthday. Hope the interview went well.

Jenny - It's You're, not your. You're abbrevieting the words 'you are', hence the apostrophe.

I'm like the grammar Nazi's third cousin, twice removed.

actuly, the 'Y' doesnt need capitalized. its not an important word, name, or first letter of a sentance. i know my grammer, i just dont feel like using it. ;)

now brb. gonna warm up some pizza.

The_Amaster
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
DS Lite is teh rox0rzz. Especially because my brother and I got complementery black and white ones so we switched the cartriges, styluses and back panels for a checkerboard mix-n-match look. It's awesome.

Deviance
11-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Speaking of checkerboard look..

http://sjnetwork.net/6e280e00.jpg

Did that with my cell phones awhile back. Why do I have two phones? I'll explain. I was up at the mall where I bought my phone and my buddy chris asked me how to pass the subsidy code lock. I bypassed it and he gave me the phone. Talk about sweet eh? Too bad the v220 phones suck but I can't really bitch cause I got them for free to begin with.

Pineconn
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
I've learned that free = good all the time. I've lived off of free T-shirts for years... considering I'm a poor junior trying to make it through the school week.

So I finally got my Globat web hosting account, but the text editor SUCKS HORRIBLY. It won't even allow you to put

breaks

between

lines. But at least it came with 3 TB of data storage. ;)

DarkDragoonX
11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
But at least it came with 3 TB of data storage. ;)

Dare I ask how much of that is going to be used for porn?

erm2003
11-07-2007, 06:27 AM
Pineconn, try and get your hands on a copy of a program like Front Page to make it easier to do any page editing. Globat will install the extensions for free and it makes life a lot easier.

Pineconn
11-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Actually, I'll just do it the cheap and easy way by using Mozilla as my editor/composer. I'll just do everything in it and copy/paste into Globat. It'll work. :shrug:

phattonez
11-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Pineconn, give me a few days to get that record back. How much did you have to play to beat it?

Pineconn
11-08-2007, 07:53 PM
A few games a day for about 2 weeks.

Just 'cause you're in second doesn't mean you'll get first.

Care to revoke that statement?

Russ
11-08-2007, 08:07 PM
I revoke said statement. Congrats on 1st place, Pineconn.

Pineconn
11-08-2007, 08:23 PM
It'll be short-lived. It's obvious that phattonez hasn't played much lately.

Ah, I almost forgot. Survivor is on tonight! *dances*

Russ
11-08-2007, 08:31 PM
It'll be short-lived. It's obvious that phattonez hasn't played much lately.

Ah, I almost forgot. Survivor is on tonight! *dances*
I never did care for survivor, or all those real life type shows. I perfer action shows like 24.

mikeron
11-08-2007, 09:36 PM
FYI, VectorMagic (http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/) is kicking the internet's ass pretty hard right now.

biggiy05
11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
Lecture tonight was on OB emergencies and child birth. I now know how to deliver a baby as much as I don't want to. After seeing the first video I have been changed forever...

I also understand why women don't want to have sex after having a kid.

Then my night crashed. My sister and her then/now/fuck if I know what they are now boyfriend or ex got my sister a small dog around the same time my puppy came to live with me. Abby stayed at his house because we had no room for her.

Well tonight Zoe didn't put Abby in her cage before she left to do whatever...probably go buy more crack, the stupid whore(she really is too) so neveah or however you spell her name killed Abby. Neveah is a pit bull and is Scotty's brothers dog. I wanna know where lil bit who is Zoe's dog was during all this because apparently she's alive and well. Needless to say my house is a wreck. That dog was annoying because it was so small but I still liked her none the less. I'm gonna miss her and now I'm pissed at Zoe for being a fucking dumbass.

Icey
11-09-2007, 02:47 AM
I remember my high school health teacher made us watch a movie of a woman giving birth (I went to a private school, I'm not sure if this happens in public schools). It was bad enough as is, but let's just say the fact that the woman in the video was completely unhygienic made it even more nauseating than it had to be. Thankfully it was one of the last classes and she ended up fast-forwarding through it... which is actually kind of funny, now that I think about it. Her justifications for showing it to us were a) that it was "the miracle of life" and b) so we could understand what women go through in giving birth. Yes, I got a full appreciation of that by watching it at 5 times the regular speed.

At least right now the only things making me sick in my classes are my math professor assigning random problems that assume a working knowledge of college level physics (which is not a prereq for the course) and having to read books of political theory that sometimes employ a frustrating lack of real logic. But at least I know being a math/econ and polisci major at UCLA will never involve watching a woman giving birth :p

phattonez
11-09-2007, 03:09 AM
Hey Icey you go to UCLA? Where do you live? I'm in Rieber.

Icey
11-09-2007, 03:44 AM
I lived in Rieber Hall last year. I'm in Hedrick now. It's definitely a bit more of a hike to go anywhere, but at least I like the dining hall better... and I have a double over a triple room, which makes a big difference.

What year are you?

phattonez
11-09-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm a first year Bio major, and I'm in a triple. I have to say though, I like the food at Rieber better.

Gleeok
11-10-2007, 03:18 AM
So... I'm so tired of Zscript right now... That is all.

Well actually I went to play a game of Pac Man and noticed this:

Pineconn is the new Curveball champion!

Normally it's nothing new, but seeing as to how many times it's been brought up in this thread I have to wonder why Pineconn has foregone the age-old ritual of bragging rights?

Edit:

I remember my high school health teacher made us watch a movie of a woman giving birth

Wow, man, am I so glad I was sick that day....

The_Amaster
11-10-2007, 11:39 AM
FYI, VectorMagic (http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/) is kicking the internet's ass pretty hard right now.

*dazed* I just got around to clicking this link now...

wow...

Awesomness. Awesomness in digital form.

phattonez
11-10-2007, 01:35 PM
When's the last time that everyone went to the beach? I've lived about an hour away from it my whole life, and now I live about 10 minutes away from it, and i haven't gone for about 10 years, except driving next to it on PCH (for all you Elsewherians, that means Pacific Coast Highway).