PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30

Russ
03-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Appearently the German Shepards do, who are in turn hired by the royal guard.

Ya, it was a weird dream. I think actually started out as me playing Wind Waker on my Wii, but turned into me actually doing it.

And let me tell you, nothing is stranger than running for you life being chased by angry goats while trying to distract them with pigs while avoiding being seen by guard dogs and guards and all the while trying to remember what you're doing there in the first place. :)

ZTC
03-02-2009, 08:40 PM
lol what is this I don't even

rock_nog
03-02-2009, 08:48 PM
Damnit Shazzi, I officially blame you for this. What with your constant referencing of that cesspool among cesspools, 4chan and all, this was bound to happen.

Okay everyone, apparently AGN is now closed due to AIDS.

Russ
03-02-2009, 08:50 PM
It's times like this I wish I could ban people. These PaCOOS idiots are really getting on my nerves.

Beldaran
03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
wtf is this shit?

Russ
03-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Glenn the Great? Or perhaps Pineconn_lolz. I really don't care. I just want them to go away.

Aegix Drakan
03-02-2009, 08:54 PM
...oh piece of shit, not again!

I just reported this on another topic! >_<

What the flying potato is Pacos? ...no, scratch that, I don't care.

@ russel: Dude, I thought it was weird when I dreamt I was in my friend's basment with my buddies, and we pretty much pulled a Persona 4. I sucked us all into a TV, into what looked like a warzone. :o

Masamune
03-02-2009, 08:58 PM
THIS JUST IN:

I received the Dr. Pepper that Beldaran sent me, and I will be enjoying it tomorrow. Thank you, Beldaran. I will be sending you a letter and and an autographed photo of myself enjoying the Dr. Pepper within the week.

Russ
03-02-2009, 09:00 PM
He actually sent you a Dr. Pepper? :confused:

Masamune
03-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah, Beldaran likes me because we share the same hatred for God. And correction, he sent me TWO Dr. Peppers. In glass bottles. :3

I'm hype.

biggiy05
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
I think we're good. I'm just cleaning up a few posts I missed. I'll pull the IP and see if it matches anyone in a few.

The_Amaster
03-02-2009, 09:17 PM
*sigh* You keep your head down, try to have a stable community, based on respect, and every now and then, some moron comes along and pisses in it.

Masamune
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Thanks, Biggiy. Does it match anyone?

Russ
03-02-2009, 09:20 PM
Ya, I'm curious. It's got to be somebody who's been banned before.

The_Amaster
03-02-2009, 09:29 PM
This definitely had a "prank" feel to it.
I doubt any IP Biggiy pulls up will match though, because most of the past major offenders have been IP banned. They may still have gotten through, but we won't recognize the address.

biggiy05
03-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Nothing matches past members that have been banned. Just have to keep an eye on things.

ShadowTiger
03-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Wildcard inclusive? Replacin' that last digit with a good ol' asterisk? Meh, proxies. What're ya gonna do.

Beldaran
03-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Yeah, Beldaran likes me because we share the same hatred for God. And correction, he sent me TWO Dr. Peppers. In glass bottles. :3

I'm hype.

lol glad it got there. I sent two because they were kind of small, and/or maybe you had someone you wanted to share one with.

They are pretty delicious, I think.

rock_nog
03-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Eh, it might've just been for the lulz. Though we're small and quiet enough that I don't know why anyone would target us. Like I said before - I blame Shazzi for luring this kind of riffraff with that constant 4chan gibberish.

Aegix Drakan
03-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I think we're good. I'm just cleaning up a few posts I missed. I'll pull the IP and see if it matches anyone in a few.

Good on ya! ;)

Thanks for sweeping up that mess, Biggiy!

erm2003
03-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I think we're good. I'm just cleaning up a few posts I missed.

There is still one in the Picture Post thread... just thought I would let ya know. Thanks for cleaning it up. :)

biggiy05
03-02-2009, 10:40 PM
There is still one in the Picture Post thread... just thought I would let ya know. Thanks for cleaning it up. :)

What post?:D

erm2003
03-02-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I saw you were in there just after I posted it. Way to be on top of things! :thumbsup:

Beldaran
03-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Can't we get rid of the one that's in this thread?

Russ
03-02-2009, 11:13 PM
Ya, there one at the end of page 260.

Thanks for cleaning it up though! You did a great job.

I'm saving that picture to my computer, just as a reminder. I'm looking into this.

Edt: Found it! http://www.pacoos.org/ The logo is at the top left.

Anthus
03-02-2009, 11:30 PM
I had a dream where I was in a gold mine, but it was actually a sky scraper, and all of the mining was done through office work. Some how, I ended up losing an arm-wrestling match with Dakota Fanning, and went down into this burning cafeteria. It was stupid, bro. Really. Stupid.

biggiy05
03-02-2009, 11:53 PM
Ya, there one at the end of page 260.

Thanks for cleaning it up though! You did a great job.

I'm saving that picture to my computer, just as a reminder. I'm looking into this.

Edt: Found it! http://www.pacoos.org/ The logo is at the top left.

I must have a different viewing format than you. I'm up to page 327 and when I looked on 260 I couldn't find anything.

I'm filling out an adoption application for a dog. Problem is I'm not working at the moment because my hospital filled my job when I was out on surgery. They want an occupation and I'm not sure what to put. Maybe student?

edit: Just saw it.

edit2: Thanks erm,

erm2003
03-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Look at post 6500 and you can find it.

rock_nog
03-03-2009, 11:57 AM
So there I was, cooking me up some scrambled eggs, when I discovered one of the eggs had two yolks in it. Completely pointless and irrelevant bit of information, but I can't remember the last time I saw that, and it was kind of cool.

Prrkitty
03-03-2009, 02:30 PM
They're called "double yolkers". Most of the time those eggs won't fertilize and become chicks.

ShadowTiger
03-03-2009, 02:58 PM
But they sure sound delicious. :blah:

Friend was telling me how his dad was making scrambled eggs, and the whole lid of the pepper mill fell out, and spilled most of the pepper on the eggs. He made the eggs anyway, and served them to the family. Reportedly, wasn't too devastating.

Hell, even I'd try it. I find myself putting pepper on a lot of foods, like pastas, eggs, .. things that don't have an inherent kick. I'll even put a dab of Wasabi on the tops of all of my sushi. It hurts like hell in the entrance to the oral nasal cavities, (Not quite an oxymoron, I hope.) but it's still kinda worth it.

Russ
03-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I remember when I cracked open an egg and an embryo came out. That really startled me.

Shazza Dani
03-03-2009, 04:32 PM
This thread is not relevant to my interests. D:

ShadowTiger
03-03-2009, 04:32 PM
.. which are .. ? (.. pretty much since you brought it up.)

Shazza Dani
03-03-2009, 04:46 PM
ShadowTiger, you know what my interests are! Or at least you should. D:

But allow me to name a few… Body building, body piercing, shotguns, giant squids, tattoos, sexy trannys, money, japanese swords, uhm… Just off the top of my head there… =\

ShadowTiger
03-03-2009, 04:49 PM
Nono, you were supposed to list your interests, not mine. Start over.

u c wut i did thar

Shazza Dani
03-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah, and I'll just leave this here…

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/15/l_36cedc39d6994e129fbaaf47aabac70f.png

Russ
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
I think giant squids are interesting.

Masamune
03-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Not a fan of trannies. Especially the deceptively attractive ones.

rock_nog
03-03-2009, 06:10 PM
I think giant squids are interesting.
Giant squids are interesting - though they will be sadly lacking in the upcoming Watchmen movie, opening this Friday. Frickin' changing the end of the friggin' movie... (though I'm still totally psyched)

Nah, seriously, I love giant squids. I was disappointed to learn that rather than battling and killing porpoises, giant squids are mainly just food for them. Early theories suggested that giant squids and porpoises were mortal enemies, roughly equally matched, but now it is known that porpoises seek out and hunt giant squids for food, and while giant squids put up a fight, the porpoises seldom lose.

Beldaran
03-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I hate squid and octopi.

Masamune
03-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Beldaran, I wanted to thank you again for the Dr. Pepper. I just had some, and it's about x10 more delicious than regular Dr. Pepper. It reminds me of Jelly Belly's Dr. Pepper flavored jelly beans, which I didn't really think tasted like Dr. Pepper until now.

Shazza Dani
03-03-2009, 06:26 PM
I hate squid and octopi.

Well fuck you! ;P

No, really, I <3 cephalopods.

The_Amaster
03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Giant squids are interesting - though they will be sadly lacking in the upcoming Watchmen movie, opening this Friday. Frickin' changing the end of the friggin' movie... (though I'm still totally psyched)
Oh yeah, heard about that.
Kinda sucks, although I can see how they'd want to make the movies more "realistic"

rock_nog
03-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Heh, you know what was awesome? Bertie Botts jelly beans. I mean sure, it was a corny book/movie tie-in, but it actually worked. I mean, I still can't believe they actually made jelly beans that tasted like grass and vomit. Hell, I'll never forget the time my sister handed me one and claimed it was marshmallow-flavored (my absolute favorite jelly bean flavor in the entire world), and it ended up being sardines.

That said, I gotta admit - aside from marshmallow (and pear), Dr. Pepper is one of my favorite jelly bean flavors.

EDIT: Also, Amaster, I gotta admit - while I'm a little disappointed with the lack of squid, I've gotta give Zack Snyder props for doing his best to remain true to the original story. I read some of the early script drafts, and suffice it to say that they give me the jibblies, and I'm glad Zack Snyder didn't put up with any of that crap.

Russ
03-03-2009, 10:56 PM
I remember the time we tricked my mom into eating a vomit flavored jelly bean. That was one of those few priceless moments of my life. :D

The_Amaster
03-03-2009, 11:24 PM
Heh, every now and then a product tie-in comes along thats actually good. Those that are, I savor.

Beldaran
03-03-2009, 11:25 PM
Beldaran, I wanted to thank you again for the Dr. Pepper. I just had some, and it's about x10 more delicious than regular Dr. Pepper. It reminds me of Jelly Belly's Dr. Pepper flavored jelly beans, which I didn't really think tasted like Dr. Pepper until now.

Yeah they are tasty. I'm pretty fortunate that they sell them at the gas station by my house for ~ $1.20. I grab one every once and a while.

Shazza Dani
03-03-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't see how vomit is a flavour. Vomit tastes like whatever you ate before vomiting… plus the burning feeling of acid in your throat. And I don't think they put stomach acid in the jelly beans, so "vomit" must just taste like "food".

Beldaran
03-03-2009, 11:42 PM
so "vomit" must just taste like "food".

I have suffered from really bad vomiting problems my whole life due to an undiagnosed wheat allergy. I am a vomit aficionado. I have probably vomited over 500 times in my life.

It does not taste "like food".

Russ
03-04-2009, 12:37 AM
This is one of the moments when I agree 100% with you.

Vomit tastes nothing like food. Nothing. Nothing at all.

Shazza Dani
03-04-2009, 01:03 AM
It seems I had vomiting confused with regurgitating… which are not the same thing. Interesting. >.>

Then what does vomit taste like?

Beldaran
03-04-2009, 01:40 AM
Then what does vomit taste like?

I imagine that if you to take a blender at fill it with
1) Bread
2) Beer
3) Uncooked Hamburger Meat
4) Hot Salsa
5) Fart

Blend it up, spill some on your shirt, then take a swig and swish it around in your mouth until it gets really warm and full of spit. Spit it back out into a cup.

Drink that cup. That's about what vomit tastes like.

Anthus
03-04-2009, 01:51 AM
Vomiting Bile is different from vomiting any other stomach contents. Bile is yellow, or light green, and extra bitter. It comes up when there is nothing else in your stomach, since it fills with it (along with stomach acid). I guess bile is supposed to help your body break up, and absorb fatty proteins or something.

So, you've never vomited before, Shazza?

Shazza Dani
03-04-2009, 01:52 AM
I haven't vomited, that I can recall, since I stopped eating cheese. Which was about ten years ago (roughly, I guess).

Anthus
03-04-2009, 01:54 AM
Lucky.. I've had vomiting as a symptom of something about four times in my life. The last time was about three weeks ago. Shit was most def NOT cash.

rock_nog
03-04-2009, 02:20 AM
In addition to whatever you've eaten, vomit tends to contain butyric acid, which greatly contributes to its foul odor and taste. It's also a chemical found in parmesan cheese - which once and for all answers the question of why parmesan cheese smells like puke to me, something I've wondered since I was a kid.

Russ
03-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Now it all makes sense. I never liked parmesan cheese. Now I know why.

So back to the original topic, which of those flavors do you think they out into the vomit flavored jellybeans?

rock_nog
03-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Having had a vomit flavored jellybean, if I had to hazard a guess, I suspect they take something like tuitti fruiti and and add butyric acid.

Shazza Dani
03-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Who the fuck eats jelly beans anyway?

/rhetorical question

Russ
03-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Okay, I've just read something in my biology text book that somewhat scares me.

Once ingested, the E. histolytica destroys the cells of the intestinal walls, causing ulceration, which can result in severe diarrhea and lead to death.

Diarrhea so severe that it kills you. That's a scary thought.

Shazza Dani
03-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I've seen it happen, man.

(not really)

rock_nog
03-04-2009, 02:30 PM
That's not really news. Pretty much any disease which gives you diarrhea can kill you - usually as a result of dehydration. Basically, you can't absorb any water because whatever water you drink just gets crapped out again. You have receptors in your intestines that take in water - germs that cause diarrhea overload those receptors, causing them to reverse and actually start pumping water into your intestines.

Still, that's just scary. Darn thing basically eats your intestines from the inside out. There's a horrifying thought.

Beldaran
03-04-2009, 03:25 PM
That's what dysentery is, I think. Death by diarrhea.

Russ
03-04-2009, 04:11 PM
It's got to be horrible to have that. Sitting on the toilet, crapping your life away, while micro-organisms are nibbling away at your insides.

rock_nog
03-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Damnit. I hate having to sit around in semi-damp pants. They weren't completely dry when I took 'em out of the dryer, but I needed some pants, I was sick of waiting, and I didn't want to waste any more quarters.

Trevelyan_06
03-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Damnit. I hate having to sit around in semi-damp pants. They weren't completely dry when I took 'em out of the dryer, but I needed some pants, I was sick of waiting, and I didn't want to waste any more quarters.

Sure, blame your wet pants on the dryer. Be a man and own up to pissing yourself, all the cool kids are doing it! :tongue:

rock_nog
03-04-2009, 06:31 PM
No, that would be why I had to wash my pants in the first place.

mrz84
03-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Yo. Been awhile. A lot has happened to me in since I was here last. Most important (and life altering) was hearing that my dad (Scarlet Dragon here on AGN) has passed away. Just thought I'd let those of you who may have shared some posts with him about that. Laters.

Russ
03-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Ouch. I'm really sorry about your dad.

I really don't know what to say. Your family's in my thoughts and prayers.

The_Amaster
03-04-2009, 08:55 PM
*sigh* Another one?

And MrZ yeah...that's a shame...

Aegix Drakan
03-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Well, this is another depressing addition to my day.

My dad gets downsized, we're discussing death by diarrhea, and on top of that, MRz's dad died.

My sympathies Z.

Russ
03-06-2009, 12:33 AM
We disected worms today in Biology. Believe it or not, it was actually pretty fun. Especially because now that we're older, the teacher trusts us enough to use scalpels. When me and my partner cut into ours though, we couldn't see any organs put one. Turns out it's sperm producing organ was so big, it covered the rest of the organs, and we had to remove it. :)

biggiy05
03-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm trying to adopt a short hair Collie named Gavin. Since I'm living with my dad and his wife while I finish school and recover from surgery they have to agree with it. I brought it up last night.

Trying to convince someone so narrow minded with an opinion on everything is annoying. She thinks because her sister had a collie/shepherd mix and he was a big dog that all collies are big. No that would be the muscle of a shepherd. My dad is on board with the idea. She was throwing out the most random questions that had no relevance right now either. "What about when you get a full time job at a fire dept? Who will take care of the dog for those 24 hours?" Well let's see that's another two to three years away and has no relevance right now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v260/biggiy05/OH17212774680-2-x.jpg

Russ
03-06-2009, 01:23 PM
Ya, I know that feeling. Try imagining a teenager trying to convince his dog-hating mom that getting a dog is a good thing. She throws out random stuff all the time.

Good luck getting it.

Prrkitty
03-06-2009, 03:07 PM
My sympathy to you, your family and friends. I'm sorry for your loss hon. God Bless and God Speed. *hug*

Yo. Been awhile. A lot has happened to me in since I was here last. Most important (and life altering) was hearing that my dad (Scarlet Dragon here on AGN) has passed away. Just thought I'd let those of you who may have shared some posts with him about that. Laters.

biggiy05
03-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Ya, I know that feeling. Try imagining a teenager trying to convince his dog-hating mom that getting a dog is a good thing. She throws out random stuff all the time.

Good luck getting it.

/dog adoption crashes

Fucking narrow minded step mom.

rock_nog
03-06-2009, 06:35 PM
God I hate waiting for packages. Spent all day yesterday waiting for a package from UPS, basically because they refuse to give you a specific time. Unfortunately, I had to go to class at 5:30, and I missed the package. So now I'm waiting for the second attempt - I was given an estimate of between 2:00 and 5:00 - it's now 4:30, and still no sign of my package. Damnit, I would've gone to go see Watchmen this afternoon if I had known.

Trevelyan_06
03-06-2009, 08:21 PM
Damnit, I would've gone to go see Watchmen this afternoon if I had known.

I'm going to see it in about 1 hour. I just bought a Watchmen T-shirt to wear to it a little while ago. Yes, I am THAT nerd. No, I don't care.

Russ
03-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Am I the only person here who has no interest in seeing Watchmen?

Anthus
03-06-2009, 11:57 PM

Probably.

odinson
03-07-2009, 12:23 AM

yup, the only one.

Shazza Dani
03-07-2009, 12:28 AM
I don't really give a damn about Watchmen either… >.>

Beldaran
03-07-2009, 12:35 AM
I also do not care about Watchmen.

ShadowTiger
03-07-2009, 12:51 AM
I didn't either, but I succame (Succumbed,.. .. etc) to the hype for the hell of it, and I thought it was pretty much worth seeing. Even if you had no interest in it initially, there are enough elements in it to really pull you in if you're analytical enough. I left the theater quite satisfied.

Russ
03-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Ebola (Pure ZC's Watchman fanatic) just saw it and hated it. Appearently they really messed it up. I can't say I'm surprised. It's Hollywood. I swear, these directors love taking a good book and twisting it into a horrible movie.

Beldaran
03-07-2009, 02:15 AM
I don't think it's destined to end well. People who never read the book won't appreciate it, and people who loved the book are too obsessive and jaded to think anything is as good as the book.

odinson
03-07-2009, 02:39 AM
-sips Wild Turkey- am I the only one here?

Trevelyan_06
03-07-2009, 03:12 AM
-sips Wild Turkey- am I the only one here?

Quite possibly, no. However, this forum is not extremely active, many times you will not get an instant response to your post. Make your posts and then check back in a hour or so.

Ebola (Pure ZC's Watchman fanatic) just saw it and hated it. Appearently they really messed it up. I can't say I'm surprised. It's Hollywood. I swear, these directors love taking a good book and twisting it into a horrible movie.

No, they did not mess it up. In fact they stucked to the comic quite nicely for most of the movie. There were things that they have to omit do to time constraints. The big thing they changed was the ending. I'm not going to give anything away more that that because I don't want to ruin it for others, but I thought the movie ending makes more sense than the comic ending.

Also, I did not mean to imply that everyone should be enthused by the Watchman movie. It's one of those things that has a select audience that follows it. In fact, I'd be surprised if more people on here were fans than those that were not.

rock_nog
03-07-2009, 09:36 AM
So far, I'm getting the impression that if you actually read the book, but aren't such a tight-ass that you won't be satisfied with anything but a panel-by-panel word-for-word exact replica of the comic, it can be enjoyable.

EDIT: Oh, and at least the movie didn't end up like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

Russ
03-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Good point. It could have been worse, I guess.

I think I'm just going to stay away from the movie. Too many mixed reviews.

The_Amaster
03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
I'm going to go see it today. I'm not so involved in Watchmen that I'll be to terribly dissapointed.

Now, Inkheart, there was a movie I wouldn't see. It's one of my favorite books of all time, and I really don't want that ruined.

Aegix Drakan
03-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Same here, but for different reasons. I haven't read the Watchmen (though a firend keep stelling me she'll lend it to me), but I'm curious about the movie.

Inkheart...Didn't really like the book (waaay too dark for my tastes), and I really didn't like the sedond in the Inkheart series, so...... I'm not inclined to see the movie either. My mom is all for it (she loved the book) But I told her that if she wants to take the family to see it, I'm staying home.

The_Amaster
03-07-2009, 03:39 PM
The second Inkheart was a bit of a misstep, but the third one more than made up for it.
The second one had an identity crisis, trying to figure out what it wanted to be. The third one just said "screw it, go straight fantasy story"

You know what I've been waiting forever for the movie adaption of? Artemis Fowl. Now there's a movie I want to see.

Also, is it me, or are the Harry Potter films declining in quality? The first two were near-perfect adaptions, but after that they've bene kinda "meh"
4 was pretty good, but 3 and 5 weren't so much.

Russ
03-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Ah, Inkheart. I read the first two books, and the third is sitting right by my bead, but I haen't had time to read it. If it's as good as you say, I guess I'll start reading it again.

As for Harry Potter, the fourth movie was a mjor disappointment for me. They took out Doby! But I'm so big of a fan, I don't care if it's different, I just watch them anyways. :)

ShadowTiger
03-07-2009, 03:54 PM
Also, is it me, or are the Harry Potter films declining in quality? The first two were near-perfect adaptions, but after that they've bene kinda "meh"
4 was pretty good, but 3 and 5 weren't so much.I blame rising expectations with increasing contact with the movies, coupled with the natural flow of the plot during those specific books. Book 4 was about competition. Book 5 was about oppression, but in a sooort of lighthearted way. They'll be splitting Book 7's movie into two parts, which should be appropriately dire enough to portray for interest, although I fear actual interest may have waned too far to be of any use at that point. It'll have been old news for several years by then.

odinson
03-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Ate my first big mac in years today, it was pretty good too. Maybe I could do the Jared from subway thing in reverse and become the Mcdonald's spokesmen. :sly:

Brasel
03-07-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm learning to play the drums, and I'm getting pretty good. Its a blast. I played for about 4 hours straight today.

rock_nog
03-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Here's the problem with the Harry Potter movies - the books keep getting longer through the series, and so more and more cuts have to be made in order to translate the books into movies. The only way around that I can see is if they took more liberties in their adaptations - right now it seems they try very hard to not deviate from the books, which, when you're cutting a lot out, ends up feeling like you're just watching a bunch of random bits strung together with no real connection between them.

Banon
03-07-2009, 06:53 PM
For me, the worst book to movie translation was Eragon. *shudders

I didn't see the movie, but I could tell by looking at the movie poster that it was garbage.

odinson
03-07-2009, 07:15 PM
wow, the agn mirc is a busy place

Russ
03-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Banon, you're right. Eragon was nothing compared to the book. They took way too much liberty when they made the movie.

As for Harry Potter, I think now that the last one is going to be two movies, they'll be able to stay true to the book. They better. They;ve got twice as much time for it now.

odinson
03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
I never read the Eragon book and I also think that the movie was horrible, however I don't really remember much of it, its been a while.

rock_nog
03-07-2009, 08:58 PM
Good point. It could have been worse, I guess.

I think I'm just going to stay away from the movie. Too many mixed reviews.
And that's a good thing, too. You're what, 15? Watchmen is rated a hard R - people exploding, literally blood and guts flying everywhere, sex, blue penises... The whole shebang, really. Actually, in some ways, I think it's even more graphic than the comic, which kind of surprised me, as the comic really didn't hold anything back.

Shazza Dani
03-07-2009, 09:25 PM
15 isn't such an 'innocent' age. He's probably seen it all before.

ShadowTiger
03-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Even the blue penises? :shakeno: Really, I'm even partially surprised those made it into the movie. It was probably a dehumanization thing, to show that John is more superhero and social icon (Like Superman or Batman.) than individual with his own problem. Nudity clearly wasn't a problem, so they actually put a little bit of jigglemotion to the darn thing in the movie. (no homo)

Shazza Dani
03-07-2009, 09:36 PM
He's surely seen a penis (or two, or a thousand), it doesn't matter what colour it is.

Russ
03-07-2009, 09:39 PM
You know, I'm just going to stay away from it. Let's leave it at that.

rock_nog
03-07-2009, 09:52 PM
LMAO... You know, I'm just gonna love Russ: The College Years. Seriously, can't wait.

Beldaran
03-07-2009, 10:00 PM
He'll probably go to Liberty University and learn how to avoid learning anything.

Aegix Drakan
03-07-2009, 10:42 PM
For me, the worst book to movie translation was Eragon. *shudders

Oh do not EVER mention that beiace of tripe ever again! It was AWFUL!

When converting a good book to a movie, it's like taking a good pig, cutting it up and them taking out only the good pits, ending up with bacon.

With Eragon...they took the pig, butchered it with a wooden sword, poured it into a pot, and then slapped all the gross bits onto a plate with splinters still stuck in it, and then served it.

Seriously, that movie screwed so much up! Major turn offs for me were:
-=SPOILER=-

And wow...Watchmen is rated R? Jiggling blue....0_o Whatever. As long as the movie is good, I'm not complaining.

Russ
03-07-2009, 11:49 PM
He'll probably go to Liberty University and learn how to avoid learning anything.
Actually, I was thinking about going to Hillsdale, getting a degree, then going to medical school to become a surgeon.

Aegix: I agree there. Although I also hated the last battle. What was that bat thing he was riding on? Not to mention the whole volcano looked nothing like the book described it.

Beldaran
03-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Actually, I was thinking about going to Hillsdale, getting a degree, then going to medical school to become a surgeon.

Careful there. Medical School requires taking classes in genetics, which describe evolutionary processes. You will be forced to understand the concept of natural selection. You can't accept genetics and not accept evolution. You might have a crisis of faith at medical school.

odinson
03-08-2009, 12:44 AM
Careful there. Medical School requires taking classes in genetics, which describe evolutionary processes. You will be forced to understand the concept of natural selection. You can't accept genetics and not accept evolution. You might have a crisis of faith at medical school.

Not to be a dick or anything but he is right. You’re going to hear about scientists selectively breeding foxes to create a new species over 33 generations, you’ll see videos and read papers.

Russ
03-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Believe it or not, I do understand the theory of evolution (at least the basics of it). I just don't believe it can create new species

Not to be a dick or anything but he is right. You’re going to hear about scientists selectively breeding foxes to create a new species over 33 generations, you’ll see videos and read papers.
Yes, but those foxes can still breed with the orignal foxes, so your really creating new breeds, not species.

Beldaran
03-08-2009, 12:51 AM
What if those foxes evolved for 10 million years instead of 33? Think about that.

Anyhow, in light of your ridiculous magical beliefs, your sudden love of skepticism is hilarious.

odinson
03-08-2009, 12:59 AM
Yes, but those foxes can still breed with the orignal foxes, so your really creating new breeds, not species.
The only thing preventing that is a little more selective breeding or some isolation and genetic drift. Do you believe that dogs and wolves are the same species? gelada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gelada)and baboons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baboons)? All of these can produce fertile offspring together, but one would be hard pressed to call them the same species.

Nicholas Steel
03-08-2009, 01:31 AM
And wow...Watchmen is rated R? Jiggling blue....0_o Whatever. As long as the movie is good, I'm not complaining.
MA 15+ here and yea, it does have pretty gruesome scenes lol.

Russ
03-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Just remember, species is a classification system set up my people, and it's far from perfect.

And to answer your question, I believe many people are now classifying dogs and wolves as different breeds of the same species. :)

rock_nog
03-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Russ, how can you acknowledge that genetic mutation, the process by which new species form, exists, but deny that it can create new species? Don't give me any crap about "it can't create new genetic material" either, because that has been thoroughly disproven in a laboratory setting, and that's something that you're going to have to learn if you study genetics and go into medicine.

odinson
03-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Just remember, species is a classification system set up my people, and it's far from perfect.

And to answer your question, I believe many people are now classifying dogs and wolves as different breeds of the same species. :)So basically you believe that if it can interbreed it’s the same species, and that no matter how much a group of animals genes change via selection or genetic drift they will always be able to interbreed with the kin species of their founding population. You’d be wrong on both counts though. DNA is just four nucleobases repeated in different sequences, same four in every species on earth.

rock_nog
03-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Oh hey, everyone remember to turn your clocks forward. lol, I have a clock on my wall that I had never bothered to fix after we went back an hour, so now it's finally right.

Modus Ponens
03-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Also, where appropriate, don't forget to turn your cocks forward an hour.

odinson
03-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Also, where appropriate, don't forget to turn your cocks forward an hour.

grabs my speckled sussex

Aegix Drakan
03-08-2009, 04:26 PM
BAH!!!

More hinge cracks on my DS! Good news is they're small. Bad news is nintendo is gonna bill me 95 bucks to fix it!

Gah...I treat my "repaired" DS with a lot of care, and even so, I get more hinge cracks, and because I treated it so well, It cracked when I was out of Warantee.

Oh this really makes my day...

The_Amaster
03-08-2009, 05:07 PM
Ouch Aegix. I remember, when my brother didn't have a DS (left it on the ground overnight while camping, dumkopf) he always used mine. And no matter how many times I said "don't snap it shut", he didn't listen.
God, it made me furious. No cracks, fortunatly, but he just kept doing it.

Russ
03-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Aegix: Is it a DS Lite? I've found that they are a lot less durable then normal a DS. That why I never bought one.

Shazza Dani
03-08-2009, 05:36 PM
I never bought one because DS sucks! http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/plz/imhappyplz.gif

Russ
03-08-2009, 07:33 PM
How can you say that? DS rocks! Best handheld system out there!

The_Amaster
03-08-2009, 09:03 PM
I gotta agree with Russ here. The DS is a goddamn amazing platform, due mainly to two things:
1.)innovation that works. The touch-screen has spawned so many great devices, and even just a dual display makes presentation of menus and automaps much easier.
2.)Killer library. Platformers? Got em. Puzzlers? Got em.
Racers? Got em.
Shooters? Not very many, but several really good ones.
RPGs? Holy crap, is there a crap-ton of excellent, top caliber RPGs on DS.

Aegix Drakan
03-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Aggreed with Amaster. The DS is by far the best system I've ever owned. there's just so dam nmuch for it! Add in the fact that I have an R4, and I'm one happy camper.

What really IRKS me is that after the last hinge crack, I started being a lot more respectful towards my DS (I completely stopped snapping it shut, and closed it more carefully), and yet I have another one (well...technically two. One going down the middle, out of the Mic, and another small one along one side).

Two of my oyther friends who have DS lites have NEVER had a hinge crack, and yet they're not as careful. wtf much?

And RPGS? ohohoho...Especially this year. So many RPS are coming out on the DS, it's unbelievable.

odinson
03-08-2009, 10:18 PM
I got a ds lite for christmas when it first came out, loved contra 4 on the ds and the fact that it had contra 1&2 as unlockables. I'd like to get the web brower for when I'm in class.

The_Amaster
03-08-2009, 11:52 PM
Eh, the web browsers slow as hell. It depends on what kinds of sites you would want to visit.

ShadowTiger
03-09-2009, 12:03 AM
How about this site? :shrug: Something I've always wanted to do was post from anywhere.

odinson
03-09-2009, 12:11 AM
Eh, the web browsers slow as hell. It depends on what kinds of sites you would want to visit.

I've heard the videos on sites don't work on it, but if I can read news and post on forums waiting outside of class on break it would be cool.

Pineconn
03-09-2009, 12:17 AM
When's the last time I posted? A week? A month? How the time flies.

Well, we semi-recently made the jump from a crappy 1980's TV to... a nice one. Widescreen/HD/LCD, all that jazz. I've been going through all my Wii games to view the beauty of widescreen. Mario Galaxy and Brawl look famazing, first off (and I didn't check Mario Kart yet). But Metroid Prime 3 seems a bit odd. Is it me, or are some parts of the game stretched? The text seems wider, and the select planet map is definitely stretched (e.g., the planets aren't even circular, but elliptical). The game doesn't seem to have a built-in 4:3/16:9 option, so it just seems to me that I'll have to live with this minor imperfection. (Note: when I change the TV's aspect ratio to 4:3 on the select planet map, it looks like it should look.) Maybe I'm just an idiot.

Shazza Dani
03-09-2009, 12:28 AM
My TV is from the early '90s. I also used to have a slightly newer TV (still it was a big clunky one, not a flat panel), but I gave that to my mother. It was just taking up space.

odinson
03-09-2009, 12:38 AM
my tv here is also early 90's, and sadly i have no wii

Russ
03-09-2009, 02:56 AM
Aggreed with Amaster. The DS is by far the best system I've ever owned. there's just so dam nmuch for it! Add in the fact that I have an R4, and I'm one happy camper.

You're got an R4? I have an M3, and I must say, I love it. It makes the DS so much better. I've put all my DS games on, and loaded it with old games you can't buy anympre.

1.)innovation that works. The touch-screen has spawned so many great devices, and even just a dual display makes presentation of menus and automaps much easier.
Agreed. The touch screen is amazing. So many games use in in inovative ways, like Phantom Hourglass, Trauma Center, Pokemon, and so many other I can't even list them. It seems like every game I get uses the touch screen/dual screen in some new way.

On an unrelated note, this morning, when I was sitting down eating, I looked down and noticed that my feet had turned purple. Appearently, the way I sit on that chair cuts off the circulation to my feet. It sure scared me when I saw them the first time. :)

Edit: By the way Pineconn, I haven't noticed anything about Metroid that's unusual. Then again, I'm using a 4:3 TV. Try seeing what heppens when you set the Wii to 4:3.

Shazza Dani
03-09-2009, 03:26 AM
Agreed. The touch screen is amazing. So many games use in in inovative ways, like Phantom Hourglass, Trauma Center, Pokemon, and so many other I can't even list them. It seems like every game I get uses the touch screen/dual screen in some new way.

Fuck that noise; I like my games on one, normal screen. And not a pocket-sized one.

odinson
03-09-2009, 03:31 AM
I hate how phantom hour glass made you blow and scream into the mic, totally retarded.

Russ
03-09-2009, 11:40 AM
Oh come on, it's not that bad. You just have to blow into the mic and you're done.

Have you ever had a dream that you swear is trying to tell you something? Like adopt a dog? Last night I dreamt that I was rescuing this dog from an abusing contractor. Strange dream. Especially when I was out in a lightning storm and couldn't let go of my metal-tipped umbrella. :D

odinson
03-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Oh come on, it's not that bad. You just have to blow into the mic and you're done.

Yes it is that bad. I was in a waiting room at bethesda when the thing tells me I have to scream as loud as I can into the mic to get a good price on some ship part so I can't do it. It doesn't add aything to the game it's just stupid.

Russ
03-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Just blow into it, and it registers as screaming really, really loundly. :)

Shazza Dani
03-09-2009, 06:47 PM
I wonder if moisture gets in there and fucks up shit like when you blow on game cartridges.

Russ
03-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I know something like that happened to GBA slot. My little brother spilled Coke in it, and although I cleaned most of it out, I generally need to blow all into the GBA slot before I put in a game.

And by the way, do you have to swear so much?

rock_nog
03-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Yeah Shazza, watch your fucking mouth! You know, now that I'm older... what's the deal with swearing? I mean, why do we have words that we're not supposed to say? And if you censor yourself, saying darn instead of damn, or fudge instead of fuck, does it really make a difference if we already know what the intention is? And on TV, say you're watching Jerry - why blur it when someone is flipping the bird? We all know what the person is doing if you blur their hand, why does it matter? Of course what really grinds my gears is people who type things like f**k and whatnot. Like seriously, you swore, you know that we all know what you said, but yet you're still afraid to add the other two letters? This isn't Wheel of Fortune - we don't need to buy a vowel to solve the puzzle here.

Sorry, got a little carried away there.

Trevelyan_06
03-09-2009, 07:25 PM
And by the way, do you have to swear so much?

Do you have to swear so little? Your posts would generally be a bit more humorous if you added some swear words, particularly if they are fun and inventive.

Rock, I don't think you got carried away. Censorship in this country is stupid. Why can't we see the bird being flipped on TV or a pair of tits? These are things we've all seen before, and even with the blurring we know what those things are.

Shazza Dani
03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Hahaha. Uhm… Yeah, I swear a lot. It's always very casually though, not like in a hateful manner. I'm not going to stop though; I don't want to empower the social taboos of profanity. They're just words, and the more we use them the less of a powerful emotion they'll hold.

Russ
03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
You know, I've always sort of wondered how words became 'bad'. It seems sort of dumd anyways.

And appearently, when the Germans made their language, somebody forgot to send them the list. Serveral of their words sound so close to swear words that it's just hilarious.

rock_nog
03-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Funny you should mention that - a common source of offensive language is words from other cultures, particularly cultures in direct conflict with your own.

The_Amaster
03-09-2009, 09:48 PM
And if you censor yourself, saying darn instead of damn, or fudge instead of fuck, does it really make a difference if we already know what the intention is?
Hmm, I see this differently. Why say "shit" when you could say "crap"?
They both mean the same thing. There's really no upside to swearing; if you swear, you might offend some people, whereas if you don't, you won't offend anyone. I find those kids on the bus who drop the f-bomb like every third word kinda sad. They're trying so hard to be "edgy" by using "bad language"
The only reason they started it was because authority figures don't like it, and now its just habit.

Your posts would generally be a bit more humorous if you added some swear words, particularly if they are fun and inventive.
Perfect example. Would anything be added content wise to Russ' posts if he swore more? No. But some people find them "entertaining"

odinson
03-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Just blow into it, and it registers as screaming really, really loundly. :)

wish I'd known that back then

Shazza Dani
03-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Hmm, I see this differently. Why say "shit" when you could say "crap"?
They both mean the same thing. There's really no upside to swearing; if you swear, you might offend some people, whereas if you don't, you won't offend anyone. I find those kids on the bus who drop the f-bomb like every third word kinda sad. They're trying so hard to be "edgy" by using "bad language"
The only reason they started it was because authority figures don't like it, and now its just habit.

Perfect example. Would anything be added content wise to Russ' posts if he swore more? No. But some people find them "entertaining"

Ya see, I don't hold back from swearing because I don't think it's a big deal. I don't see it as "edgy, bad language"; and I want people to be more casual about swearing so it won't be a big deal anymore. The concept of "bad words" is a pointless construction of society and it needs to die.

Russ
03-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, I think the idea of swear words seems pretty dumb. But I think that rather than embrace them and start using them casually, they'll die out more if you just stop saying them. That's my theory at least.

Shazza Dani
03-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Profanity will become acceptable in society long before it disappears out of disuse. ;]

And you only want it to disappear because you don't like it. A classic case of intolerance which is oh-so typical of religious people. O: (Yes, I had to go there.)

Either embrace it or ignore it, but don't try to prohibit people from doing something you don't like. "Don't legislate opinions", as Bill Maher puts it.

Russ
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Um, religion has nothing to do with it. Profanity offends a lot of people, and I like to steer clear of something that might offend people. How does that have anything to do with religion?

Pineconn
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Edit: By the way Pineconn, I haven't noticed anything about Metroid that's unusual. Then again, I'm using a 4:3 TV. Try seeing what heppens when you set the Wii to 4:3.

Doesn't that sort of ruin the purpose of having a widescreen TV? So yeah, after looking at screenshots and video online, it looks to me like this is "correct." Ah well.

Shazza Dani
03-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Um, religion has nothing to do with it. Profanity offends a lot of people, and I like to steer clear of something that might offend people. How does that have anything to do with religion?

I didn't say religion speaks against profanity, what I said is that intolerance is typical of religious people. I was more or less making a connection, not saying they directly have to do with eachother.

Basically, saying "people should just stop using swear words" comes from the same intolerant attitude that says "people should just stop being gay" or "people should just stop making rap music", instead of -maybe- accepting what is different rather than trying to eliminate it.

But yeah, it was a little unfair that I associated intolerence with religion, because religion isn't the only thing that makes people intolerant… so it was kind of a cheap shot. But still true! *flees*

ShadowTiger
03-10-2009, 07:01 AM
I harbor the same attitude, Sharon, to a degree, (That how the word "crap" has gradually become the new word for "damn" and "damn" has become "darn.") but imagine the difference between going into a job interview gay, and going into a job interview swearing like a sailor's intoxicated parrot.

Anyway, A Duck (http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/headlines/H_3718/H_3718_30.jpg).

rock_nog
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Russ, history bears out the idea that swear words get used until they're no longer offensive. You'd be surprised how many words we use today that used to be considered big-time profanity in the past.

Masamune
03-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Like cumbucket.

Nicholas Steel
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I know something like that happened to GBA slot. My little brother spilled Coke in it, and although I cleaned most of it out, I generally need to blow all into the GBA slot before I put in a game.
Coca cola is also corrosive. Have you seen how healthy it is to human teeth overnight?

Shazza Dani
03-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Anyway, A Duck (http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/headlines/H_3718/H_3718_30.jpg).

Oh god, I lol'd. xD

odinson
03-10-2009, 02:37 PM
When even a neighborhood's ducks can't behave in a curtious manner you know it's time to move.

The_Amaster
03-10-2009, 04:34 PM
I haven't drunk a Coca-Cola, or much of any soda really, since I poured half of one down the janitors sink in middle school and saw it fizzing and corroding away the ages old grime at the bottom.

Beldaran
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm happy to report I have not had a soda in 3 months. I feel so much better.

odinson
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
I've started drinking tons of soda lately and I've been sick a lot.

Aegix Drakan
03-10-2009, 04:59 PM

...OH. MY. GOSH.

ROFLCOPTER!!

Rough neighborhood, sounds like!

Russ
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
I haven't drunk a Coca-Cola, or much of any soda really, since I poured half of one down the janitors sink in middle school and saw it fizzing and corroding away the ages old grime at the bottom.
You've just scared me away from coke. For at least an hour. :D

Actually, I don't drink soda very often. But it's too good to let go of completely.

Random fact: Prohibition was originally aimed at Coke, not liquor.

Shazza Dani
03-10-2009, 06:01 PM
There's nothing good about soda. It's just bad for you and none of it even tastes very good.

odinson
03-10-2009, 06:04 PM
It helps if you're sick to your stomach.

ShadowTiger
03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
And it'll make you less sick? :confused: I prefer totally decarbonated soda, if anything. Can't stand the bubbles. I don't like Pepsi or Coca-Cola either. Root Beer, Cream Soda, or any Fruit Soda will do. Iced Tea is a favorite.

Russ
03-10-2009, 06:30 PM
I find that Coke (not diet, but normal) helps me feel better if I'm sick. Same with my mom.

gdorf
03-10-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm happy to report I have not had a soda in 3 months. I feel so much better.

I pretty much gave up soda about three years ago and I noticed a big difference in my health. I still occasionally have one on a sunny day or rarely with my meal at a restaurant.

When I see people with 32oz soda's from fast food restaurants I cringe.

odinson
03-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I've heard the Mcdonald's in europe don't have giant size drinks like that, but what about a Canadain Mcdonald's?

Aegix Drakan
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
I've heard the Mcdonald's in europe don't have giant size drinks like that, but what about a Canadain Mcdonald's?

Sorry, bu tI don't go to Mcdonalds enough (enough...hahaha) to really tell you. When I DO go, It's usually because my family and I are on the road and want a quick bite to keep on going. Plus, I usually have a milkshake there instead of a soda.

I used to have a Coke each day when I first started at that game testing place (needed it to stay awake). However, I've since moved on to Arizona Fruit Punch Juice. It's not bad for your health, and it's only a buck, compared to the buck 25 for the soda. Things have been better since.

I don't drink soda just for the heck of it. I only really have it at restaurants, at my grandma's house, when eating Pizza, and when I'm having an overnight gaming blitz at a friend's (need...sugar...0_o).

ShadowTiger
03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Good call on the Milkshake. I'll take a Milkshake over anything, any day. Liquid cool in a cup.

Also, I love pointless, pointless things (http://media.fukung.net/images/3784/Mystery%20Sidewalk.jpg).

The_Amaster
03-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Personally? I drink nothing but milk and tap water pretty much these days. Can't stand soda, bottled water is just silly, and fruit juice, while alright, isn't good in large amounts.

Arizona is all the rage lately though. It's been catching on everywhere.

Shazza Dani
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I mostly drink water, and sometimes vegetable juice and fruit juice. None o' that milk crap! D:<

ShadowTiger
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
@ Amaster: I thought the Arizona trend was long gone? :shrug: .. and do you have a Brita filter? I heard "tap" and thought, "straight from the tap." .. Personal whim, I suppose.

Fruit Juice though, .. argh; I could live off that for years. Bottled water too, I suppose, if it was sufficiently cold. I prefer my beverages dangerously cold to absolute zero. Semi-hyperbole-ridden statement there.

Milk. I can never quite tell if Milk has gone bad or not. To me, Milk either smells bad, or I haven't even had a chance to determine its status yet as I am already regurgitating all over the nearest object or flooring surface.

V8, I could drink without fail. Well, except for the inherent heartburn associated with tomato products. Eh, battle wounds.

The_Amaster
03-10-2009, 10:32 PM
*shrug* maybe the Arizona fad has been sweeping across different regions?

odinson
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I just had some chocolate milk, but screw milk it's way way too healthy

ShadowTiger
03-10-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I mean, it's not like chocolate-based cereal or chocolate syrup mixed into milk would destroy its nutritious qualities, would it?

Shazza Dani
03-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Milk is for infants, and cow's milk is for baby cows.

Masamune
03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Milk is delicious. Haters can go fuck themselves.

odinson
03-10-2009, 11:22 PM
from now on it's chocolate soda or maybe chocolate vodka

ShadowTiger
03-10-2009, 11:40 PM
I think I had chocolate soda once. It was a mix of seltzer and chocolate milk. Easily done on your own.

I just had some Sake. 16% alcohol. Had three shots for the hell of it when I got home for the late evening. Tasted like bland'ish white wine. It's actually a bit less harsh than any other wine I've had in a long time.

odinson
03-11-2009, 12:05 AM
Never had Sake, but someone once told me that good Sake tastes like meat not alcohol

Russ
03-11-2009, 01:41 AM
I don't understand how people can stand alcohol. Just smelling it makes me want to puke. Just a few weeks ago, I had a sip of wine, and spat it out, started gagging, and almost threw up. Honestly, how can you enjoy that stuff?

odinson
03-11-2009, 01:50 AM
I like the way some beers taste, pretty darn good. Really hard liquor just kind of burns and jagger tastes like good & plenty, but yeah wine sucks I hate it.

ShadowTiger
03-11-2009, 08:25 AM
I've only had a few tastes of beer. It tasted like that Jones Malt Beer Soda you can find. Not very enjoyable, really.

Some wines are really good, (I prefer the less heavy, sweetened red wines, which are closest to grape juice.) and some wines (Mostly white wines.) will remind you heavily of licking the contents of a chemical laboratory. Either way, they'll do some pretty awful things to your lower intestines even a moment after you've drank it.

odinson
03-11-2009, 03:03 PM
all the wine I ever had tasted like some sort of grape juice and vinegar cocktail or something else similarly awful, not a wine person.

biggiy05
03-11-2009, 05:07 PM
I had surgery on my right shoulder in December and now my left shoulder is starting to go. I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. I finally gave in and took a percocet which did nothing. The funny thing is I think my step mom has been taking some for her migraines and/or fibromyalgia. I had nearly 50 and now I'm down to 15 at the most.

This old hag is driving me up the wall. I hope I can get this apartment.

Shazza Dani
03-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Man, fuck "1-800-CONTACTS". Their shit is expensive. Whyyy is it so hard to get affordable contact lenses?

Russ
03-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Well, think about it. They have to be ground to exactly the right shape, they have to just the right size to fit in your eye, they have to be flexible, they have to be the right material, etc. Bottom line: To work, contacts have to be perfect. Perfection costs a lot.

Unless said perfection is Jeus, in which case, it's free! *shot*

rock_nog
03-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Learn to have better eyesight, noob!

Shazza Dani
03-11-2009, 06:00 PM
Even if I had perfect eyesight (which I don't), I'd still be buying contacts to change the colour of my eyes.

Russ
03-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Whar color are they naturally?

Shazza Dani
03-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Blue-grey. And the coloured contacts I want to get are chestnut brown.

Trevelyan_06
03-11-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't understand how people can stand alcohol. Just smelling it makes me want to puke. Just a few weeks ago, I had a sip of wine, and spat it out, started gagging, and almost threw up. Honestly, how can you enjoy that stuff?

It's something that you develop a taste for as time goes along. You find a beer you like, start drinking it, try new beers and find new ones you like.

Unless said perfection is Jesus, in which case, it's free! *shot*

Yeah, all it requires it to subjective yourself to a lifestyle free of sex, gambling, alcoholic beverages, and common sense. But hey, you trade all of that for the promise that you SHOULD go to heaven. Unless, of course, you've pissed the magical sky daddy off by not killing enough homosexuals.

Russ
03-11-2009, 06:24 PM
It's something that you develop a taste for as time goes along. You find a beer you like, start drinking it, try new beers and find new ones you like.

Well, why aquire a taste for it? Beer makes you fat anyways, so what's the point of developing a liking for it?

Shazza Dani
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Sex, gambling, and alcohol are all very overrated.

Trevelyan_06
03-11-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, why aquire a taste for it? Beer makes you fat anyways, so what's the point of developing a liking for it?

Soda makes you fat, so why develop a taste for that? Beer has just about the same amount of calories as soda, and with soda you don't get the intoxicating side effects.

Sex, gambling, and alcohol are all very overrated.

Sex, drugs, and rock n roll, however, are not.

rock_nog
03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
Shazza, is there anything fun that you don't think sucks?

Shazza Dani
03-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Shazza, is there anything fun that you don't think sucks?

Not that I can think of… xD

Aegix Drakan
03-11-2009, 06:49 PM
There's bound to be SOME kind of alchohol you'll like Russ.

I used to destest it and though it was rather stupid (although I never almost vomited). Then I discovered this really amazing white whine that my grandparents bought, and I rather liked it. Since then, I've found that I like white whine, although I don't have it a lot.

And then my friends and I got together one night for a friendly game of poker (no betting). While there, we all had a good bunch of Amaretto Sours (Amaretto with Sprite/7up), and while I always make it more soda than booze, I really like it.

As I said, Russ, everyone has an individual taste, and it's up to you to find which type of alchohol tickles your taste buds. Personally, I can't STAND beer.

Anthus
03-11-2009, 08:33 PM
There was this 'Coconut Malibu' Rum stuff I had. It was pretty good. I also like Bailey's Irish Creme. We use it at my work for some brownies.

ShadowTiger
03-11-2009, 08:53 PM
If those little chocolate rum balls really have alcohol in them, I could snack on this for many half-hours at a time.

Russ
03-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Okay, this is just golden. My new internet security software causes the page to stop loading whenever it gets to one of Sharon's posts. Sharon, you're a potential threat to my computer. :laughing:

Shazza Dani
03-12-2009, 12:51 AM
You bet I am! Muahaha!

Russ
03-12-2009, 12:52 AM
Ugh, appearently it also causes the main forum index to stop loading when it gets to your name. Time to tweak some settings...

Shazza Dani
03-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Wow, that is weird. Your computer dislikes me.

biggiy05
03-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I went to look at an apartment today. At first I wasn't so sure on the one bedroom because it was smaller than I thought it would be. It's a one bedroom town home so it's setup different than most apartments since the bedroom is upstairs. For one person and his dog it's not a bad size. The great news I got was that I get a DISCOUNT because I'm a firefighter! As long as I'm a volunteer at the dept I'll get 5% off my rent every month. I could get a two bedroom for nearly the same price as a one bedroom.

The_Amaster
03-12-2009, 05:26 PM
*sigh* Damnit. My friend, the one who was depressed? Yeah, she's going to try an have a relationship with a guy now, because she "feels a special connection with him". Yeah, good luck with that. I give it three weeks, mayeb four. Any relationship build on somethign like that alone, especially is she's so sure after only like two days.
Nevermind that he's been in and out of like, 10 relationships this year, all of them with "drama".

Another mini-rant: popular music these days. Thsi kid had his iPod on in the Chem Lab, and not only did every song have like the same five chords, but I was so appalinglingly fascinated by what the "good" songs seeed to be, I transcribed some lyrics here, all of them from different songs.

"she will not wait for me anymore"
"it'll be alright, let me hold you"
"Theres a piece of you still with me, everywhere I go, everything I see"
"look at your eyes, when I say this is goodbye"
"memories of you. things we used to do"

All different songs, mind you. They're all about...about...DRAMA. People breaking up, or the aftermaths of breakups, or other....crap like that. Gah, I SWEAR, this is nuts!

Aegix Drakan
03-12-2009, 07:44 PM
....oyyyyyyy.

Well, Amaster, I can only hope the best for your friend.

And about music, I kinda agree with you. I'm already getting a bit sick and tired of all the love songs out there, and these days, most music is obsessing over either "love" or breaking up from love. Not to mention the rampant "Emo" music (no offense to those who like it! I happen to like a few linkin park songs myself).

It's getting to the point where the only way to get good music these days is from game soundtracks and Newgrounds.

Oh, and It's QUITE LIKELY that on monday I will no longer have a job. The game I'm testing is ramping down, and the client can no longer pay all the testers. Plus, not many projects are open anymore. Ergo, there is no place for me, and three other guys. We're gonna be put on call, but considering there are guys with more experience than us who are already on the list........:glare: I would probably have been the one guy they kept, but I had to take two sick days in as many weeks, and that bumped down my hours, so another guy got the spot.

....ahhh, whatever. At least I won't be testing that boring piece of crap anymore. 6 MONTHS ON A GAME LIKE THAT?!? ugh...Glad it's over, whatever happens...

Banon
03-12-2009, 07:50 PM
All different songs, mind you. They're all about...about...DRAMA. People breaking up, or the aftermaths of breakups, or other....crap like that. Gah, I SWEAR, this is nuts!

I thought all songs were about sex, dating, and drugs, or at least 9/10.

Either way, the fact that the lyrics of different songs can sound like they come from the same song is pretty pathetic

Russ
03-12-2009, 08:55 PM
I agree with you on music Amaster. It's all about relationships.

And Sharon, now I can see posts by you, but the forum index past the general forums don't load. Very strange.

Edit: It appears it doesn't effect Firefox at all, only Internet Explorer. Very strange indeed. I guess I'm stuck with Firefox now.

The_Amaster
03-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Aegix, can you tell us what you were testing? I'm curious.

Beldaran
03-12-2009, 10:30 PM
I guess I'm stuck with Firefox now.

lol, boo hoo.

What security software is this? You need to get rid of it.

Russ
03-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Okay, I think I'm screwed now. Appearently, I got some malware. And it's a horrible kind. It redirects almost any web page to "safe-site.com", which in turns redirects me to some random kiddy site. I've researched it, found out it's malware, I can't remove it, and it only attacks Firefox. So I choose between Firefox and the redirecting, or IE and the random blocking.

I think I might backup some files and whipe my harddrive. I needed to clean up some files anyways.

Skulkraken
03-13-2009, 01:18 AM
You might not need to resort to that, Russ. What's the name of the malware you got, by the way?

Most malware that resists being removed during normal operation can be gotten rid of by booting into safe mode and running removal programs from there. If necessary, download an anti-malware program on another computer, then transfer it over through a USB drive to bypass the effect it's having on your internet browsers.

Russ
03-13-2009, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the advice. Since it only attacks a specific web browser, I think uninstalling it and then reinstalling it will work. I'll just have to wait and see.

Edit: By the way, I don't know the name. It redirects me to "safe-site.com", so that's what I call it.

Beldaran
03-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Try downloading some anti-virus programs like Avast, AVG, Spybot, and Adaware. They will probably be able to remove it for you.

And stop surfing for porn.

Skulkraken
03-13-2009, 01:59 AM
...Uninstalling the browser won't do much good if whatever you've got is still present on your system.

The programs Bel recommended should do a decent job of getting rid of it. If they don't get rid of it, try using Malwarebytes' AntiMalware.

Once you clean it out from your system, you should consider finding a program with a Resident Shield-type feature, to keep it from making a return. I've had good experience with Comodo's Firewall w/ Defense+; in my experience, it's more effective at stopping malware registry changes and the like than Spybot's TeaTimer.

ShadowTiger
03-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Agreed. :) It's pretty good at what it does.

Finally found a Flash of one of my favorite comics. Falcon (http://img14.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cfatchurch.swf), oh you.

Russ
03-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Bad news. I just ran a AGV scan of my whole computer. It didn't find anything aside from an assortment of tracking cookies. I'm running a Norton scan now, but I doubt it will find it either. :(

odinson
03-13-2009, 01:53 PM
norton is worthless.

Skulkraken
03-13-2009, 02:38 PM
norton is worthless.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Norton itself turned out to be the root of Russ' computer trouble. :S

Try Malwarebytes then, Russ. It's more powerful than AVG at locating viruses and spyware. Like I said earlier, use a USB drive to bring it to your computer if you aren't able to download it.

Beldaran
03-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Try unintsalling Norton. Like Skulkraken said, it is often causing the problem by itself.

Russ
03-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Well, I tried Malwarebytes. It found a lot of stuff (including that things that were causing IE to crash and my task manager to disappear), but nothing about safe-sites.com. Oh well.

Aegix Drakan
03-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Aegix, can you tell us what you were testing? I'm curious.

Can't sorry. Not until it's released. But let's just say it was the most boring thing you could make a game out of IMO.

Oh, I CAN tell you my previous projects, though...

Project one: *name withheld to preserve my reputation*. Let's just say it was a little kiddy shovelware game. ugh...
Project 2: Red Alert 3. I'm not all the hot at RTS's, but that game was pretty damn fun. Reccomend for people who have RTS fever.

BTW, I was told to come in at 9 on monday (yay for 2 more hours of sleep!), and they'd TRY to plug me in somewhere. So I might end up going in for nothing.

And finaaally, my Survival horror loving pal (who just got a 360 last week) picked up RE5. Watched him play for a bit (I was his "support character" in RE4. I noticed all sorts of treasures, and boss weaknesses, etc), and then I found out the game has 2 player split screen Co-op. SO I'm buying a 360 controller this weekend so we can play together. Although...I'm scared. He wants to play on Veteran mode with me. He STARTED on Veteran, and he's doing.....somewhat OK. But I don't think I can handle it. I'm not THAT hardcore!

*goes to re-read the Zombie Survival Guide for tips*

odinson
03-14-2009, 12:04 AM
I thought I had the vending machine here figured out coke zero=diet coke regular coke=coke zero but today I press the regular coke and what do I get? diet coke. :confuse2:

Chris Miller
03-14-2009, 01:05 AM
What happens when you press Dr. Pepper?

odinson
03-14-2009, 01:07 AM
the machine only has the three coke options, fanta, and dansi.

gdorf
03-14-2009, 01:32 AM
I have a ridiculous amount of work to get done this week. Sometimes I really hate school and the insane amount of time it takes.

Bah.

Anthus
03-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the world of AWESOME impulse purchases :o (http://www.realninjacostumes.com/traditionalpackage.htm)

odinson
03-14-2009, 12:17 PM
you own one of those?

Shazza Dani
03-14-2009, 02:26 PM
http://www.realninjacostumes.com/samuraicostumes.htm

The Samurai outfit is better. Of course, I wouldn't waste my money on either outfit—that money is better spent on Samurai swords.

odinson
03-14-2009, 06:04 PM
screw swords buy a gun

Shazza Dani
03-14-2009, 06:51 PM
Who says you can only have one or the other?

Btw, you have a sword in your avatar. O:

odinson
03-14-2009, 07:09 PM
you got me there

The_Amaster
03-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Hey, anyone know how to take, like, 30 seconds of film and take an object in the movie, and isolate it, pulling it out as its own thing? Besides like, Photoshopping every frame?
Even if its an expensive program, chances are my dad knows someone with it.
I just want to superimpose some video game and RL footage for comic effect.

rock_nog
03-14-2009, 08:31 PM
Er, I think you'd just have to photoshop every frame. I'm not sure there's any software advanced enough to do that.

EDIT: Holy crap, I just realized it's Pi Day. Happy Pi Day, everyone! Geez, I used to know pi to roughly 80 digits or so, give or take. I learned this poem, see, and the trick was that the number of letters of each word in the poem represented a digit of pi. Kinda funny, really, when you think about it - computationally speaking, the poem contained much more information than simply memorizing the digits themselves, but the way our brains are wired, it's easier to remember a poem.

Shazza Dani
03-14-2009, 09:00 PM
3.14159265359 I memorised that in, like, sixth or seventh grade.

Beldaran
03-14-2009, 09:12 PM
Pi = 2 for extremely small values of 3.14

rock_nog
03-14-2009, 09:35 PM
Pi = 2 for extremely small values of 3.14
Bwer? What sort of Voodoo language are you speaking, Bel? I am seriously confused here.

Russ
03-14-2009, 10:39 PM
I always just use Pi as 3.14. The furthest I memorized is 3.14159.

The_Amaster
03-14-2009, 10:49 PM
I got as far as 3.141592657
Never bothered further than that.

Trevelyan_06
03-14-2009, 11:53 PM
You're all incorrect. Pie is a delicious pastry crust filled with various delicious fillings for your eating pleasure.