PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30

rock_nog
12-21-2008, 11:26 AM
Blizzards are coming here too. So much cold weather this year. Just goes to show what Global Warming can do to a planet. :)
I know you think you're being clever, but think about it - this is exactly what you'd expect from drastic climate disruption. Or do you think this weather is normal?

Russ
12-21-2008, 04:11 PM
I know you think you're being clever, but think about it - this is exactly what you'd expect from drastic climate disruption. Or do you think this weather is normal?
That seems like it would be the result of global cooling, not warming.

rock_nog
12-21-2008, 04:30 PM
2008 is one of the hottest years on record, so it would be odd if it were the result of global cooling.

Russ
12-23-2008, 12:39 AM
This topic hasn't been posted in for one whole day. Tome to revive it with some purely mindless topic.

I think Metroid II is the best Metroid game. *waits to be destroyed by Metroid fans*

firebug
12-23-2008, 12:55 AM

Yeah, you come up here to Alaska where it hasn't even hit -20F AT ALL this year. Global cooling my ass. Usually by Halloween it's easily -40F to -60F. Kind of weird all of you down south have the cold weather this year, and it's warm as hell up here (relatively).:eyebrow:

JnAKers
12-23-2008, 01:12 AM
pumpkin pie is one of my favorites

Russ
12-23-2008, 03:04 AM
and it's warm as hell up here
Read Dante's Inferno. He actually described the center of Hell as being iced over and extremely cold. :)

Shazza Dani
12-23-2008, 03:14 AM
"hell" can be used to describe anything, really.

Today was hot as hell.

I'm cold as hell.

Shit was tight as hell.

That dude is sexy as hell.

etc. etc. hell

rock_nog
12-23-2008, 10:14 AM
At any rate, I think Dante had just a tiny bit of creative license in his description of hell, seeing as how he was the first person to really describe it.

ShadowTiger
12-23-2008, 11:06 AM
I think Metroid II is the best Metroid game. *waits to be destroyed by Metroid fans*Two reasons why I really enjoyed Metroid II:
Metroid ll: Return of Samus Music-SR388 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBR7c-uYVhg&feature=PlayList&p=07ABED24BAD2290F&playnext=1&index=51). The Physics were ... interesting enough to keep playing. They felt solid, in the sense that you always knew exactly what your movements would result in. A strange bullet in the list, certainly, but I feel it's warranted. Physics are a very important part of any game, obviously.

pumpkin pie is one of my favoritesI will settle for pie with any prefix, thank you.

Russ
12-23-2008, 02:22 PM
At any rate, I think Dante had just a tiny bit of creative license in his description of hell, seeing as how he was the first person to really describe it.
I agree with you there. He sure is creative. The Divine Comedy is one of my favorite books.

Two reasons why I really enjoyed Metroid II:

Metroid ll: Return of Samus Music-SR388 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBR7c-uYVhg&feature=PlayList&p=07ABED24BAD2290F&playnext=1&index=51).
The Physics were ... interesting enough to keep playing. They felt solid, in the sense that you always knew exactly what your movements would result in. A strange bullet in the list, certainly, but I feel it's warranted. Physics are a very important part of any game, obviously.
One thing that really kept me hooked was the Metroids. Every time you think you have them figured out, they evolve into new Metroids. And then the ending scene was priceless. I never would have guessed that she could bring herself to spare the baby Metroid.

Modus Ponens
12-23-2008, 02:38 PM
Well, anyway, Super Metroid really is the best in the series, and one of the best games ever made, period. Its spirit of exploration is unparalleled, and I love how much you can sequence break. And the beam combinations are really fun, too. Plus, the ending fight against Mother Brain is tits.

Russ
12-23-2008, 03:15 PM
Actually, Super Metroid is my least favorite Metroid game. Now I'm really going to be torn apart by Metroid fans.

Shazza Dani
12-23-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm not a fan of Super Metroid either. I really only liked Prime I & II, Fusion, and Zero Mission. Never played Prime III.

CastChaos
12-23-2008, 07:15 PM
Heh, overall Super Metroid is my favourite. Fusion got to the first place at me mostly only because the story (the x-parasite). I don't like Zero Mission that much... good, but I prefer the original. That doesn't mean I wouldn't like to see MII and SM improved as the original Metroid was.
I never played Prime... maybe not a problem, I'm not an FPS was, I want to see a whole character, from side or from behind.

Russ
12-23-2008, 07:30 PM
I haven't played any of the Prime games (besides Hunters), but I'm getting at least one of them for Christmas.

My favorite is Metroid II, followed by Metroid (the original), Fusion, Zero Mission, then Super Metroid.

Zero Mission was okay, but I like the original better. As for Zero Mission, I can't stand Samus's suit, or her new ship. Not to mention the fact that the Baby Metroid's gone. :cry:

JnAKers
12-24-2008, 02:45 AM
I will settle for pie with any prefix, thank you.

that is true all pie is good but pumpkin is my personal favorite.
which i just made some tonight
*cuts the pie*
who whants some?:D

Pineconn
12-24-2008, 02:47 AM
Never played Prime III.

I never played Prime... maybe not a problem, I'm not an FPS was, I want to see a whole character, from side or from behind.

I haven't played any of the Prime games (besides Hunters), but I'm getting at least one of them for Christmas.

Buy it/them. Now. At least rent. Seriously, they are very good.

Prime 1 starts it all with a bang. It's... amazing. It does get a bit monotonous at points, however. The sheer thought of getting closer and closer to the Impact Crater while in the Phazon Mines is simply chilling, with all the rooms getting darker, Phazon increasing in quantity, enemies toughening up...

Prime 2 takes everything from Prime 1 and improves on it. The monotony is not there, but, for some reason, it isn't as good as the original. Ammo system? Light world/dark world? Not much emphasis on Phazon, Metroids, or Space Pirates? I'm not sure.

Prime 3 is much different than the others. I want to say this is because it's more of an action game than an adventure game (which seems to be the trend with most games of late). Maybe because it has a very "Halo" feel. Maybe it's because you are never truly alone during the game. It is the best game in the series, I should mention. The Wiimote/Nunchuk is perfect for the game.

Russ
12-24-2008, 03:06 AM
Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm getting Prime 3 for Christmas. I think I'll hold out on 1 and 2 though, as Nintendo announced that they are being re-made with better graphics and Wii controls.

Although I have played Prime Hunters, and it was good. Even though it lacked Metroids.

I also played Prime Pinball, if that counts. You have no idea how annoying Ridley can get when you can't fire back at him.

phattonez
12-24-2008, 03:19 AM
No one likes the original Metroid?

JnAKers
12-24-2008, 03:55 AM
Like I said, I'm pretty sure I'm getting Prime 3 for Christmas. I think I'll hold out on 1 and 2 though, as Nintendo announced that they are being re-made with better graphics and Wii controls.

Although I have played Prime Hunters, and it was good. Even though it lacked Metroids.

I also played Prime Pinball, if that counts. You have no idea how annoying Ridley can get when you can't fire back at him.

your jokeing right?
iv played a small amount of the first prime
its awsome

prime 3 is ok i thought it seemed dumb how she was working with other bounty hunters

but samus is just like the coolest non real chick ever

rock_nog
12-24-2008, 10:07 AM
I used to hate it, but now I love it. And there's never been a game that was more satisfying for me to beat, being that it haunted me throughout my childhood.

Russ
12-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I do. Just not as much as the second one. Metroid was good, although the Zero Mission remake ruined it.

The_Amaster
12-24-2008, 04:44 PM
*sigh* My grandfathers computer is down with a virus. I'm typing this at my uncles, but I'm unlikely to be on over the next few days.

Unfortunately, the only Metroid's I've played are Hunters, Fusion, and the original. Fusion was a lot of fun though.

Russ
12-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Might I suggest you get Metroid 2?

Well, here it is, December 24th, and it's still snowing. I think I might finally have a White Christmas.

Pineconn
12-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Well, here it is, December 24th, and it's still snowing. I think I might finally have a White Christmas.

Well, here it is, December 24th, and it's still raining. I think I might have a Green Christmas.

(Well, we're supposed to get flurries tonight into tomorrow morning. It's better than nothing.)

Prrkitty
12-24-2008, 07:37 PM
Merry Christmas everyone... and many blessings for a very very Happy New Year 2009...
BIG hugs!!

Shazza Dani
12-24-2008, 07:43 PM
Happy x-mas to all you christmas-celebrating people. I hope you get tonnes of cool shit for me to plunder. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/plz/imapirateplz.png

Russ
12-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Merry Christmas to everyone here!

Masamune
12-24-2008, 09:46 PM
*sigh* My grandfathers computer is down with a virus. I'm typing this at my uncles, but I'm unlikely to be on over the next few days.

Unfortunately, the only Metroid's I've played are Hunters, Fusion, and the original. Fusion was a lot of fun though.

Why haven't you played Super Metroid? It's teh best one.

Russ
12-24-2008, 10:10 PM
I have to disagree there.

Especially since the bosses are invisible when I try to play it on my DS. Last night I had to fiddle with the graphical settings for an hour before I could even see Kraid.

Masamune
12-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Shut up.

Shazza Dani
12-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I can't stand the graphics in Super Metroid—everything looks like vomit. I'd like to see a remake with Zero Mission-esque graphics.

Anthus
12-25-2008, 01:01 AM
As far as Metroid, Super Metroid has got to be the best 2D, but let me explain why. It is mainly a more balanced, and generally improved version of the first game. I love the music, and sense of freedom, and exploration.

Some exploration aspects seem to have been lost in Metroid 1's transition into Zero Mission. The game was more "go here, then there, and this statue will show you". It was still awesome though, and I liked the Chozodia, and Space Pirate Ship areas.

Fusion was cool, but it took away a lot of the immediate exploration and replaced it with missions. You couldn't really go and explore until about mid-way through the game. Metroid 2 was okay, in the same sense that Zelda 2 was, and the original SMB2 was. It was interesting to say the least, but it seems that the second game of any main Nintendo franchise can be compared to those awkward teenage years when you try and find a medium somewhere between childhood, and adulthood.. Eh.

Now, Prime was awesome. It would let you explore, and giver you hints if you wandered around an enough. This encouraged exploration, and got rid of simply getting lost. In fact, Prime 1 was the only Prime game where you could truly get lost. Prime 2 sucks flat out. Ammo, and a stupid-ass dark world? No thanks. Gimme unlimited awesome beams, and a game that doesn't spend half of its time in same lame ass bubble hoping dark world with annoying enemies. Prime 2 DID have and awesome 'red' Brinstar remix though. That is one redeeming quality.

Prime 3 was okay, but felt too mainstream, and seemed to lose a lot of Metroid. Voice acting, several characters, and a fleet of ships and going form planet to planet? Not necessarily bad, but it didn't feel Metroid. Level design focused too much on backgrounds, and not as much on exploration. Sure, we can see these awesome panoramas, but we can't actually go there.

I'm done for now.

EDIT:

I have to disagree there.

Especially since the bosses are invisible when I try to play it on my DS. Last night I had to fiddle with the graphical settings for an hour before I could even see Kraid.

That, good sir, is your own fault for pirating it, and you can't blame the hardware if it is an illegal version/means of playing. I'm not against ROMs, I'm just sayin' you can't complain unless you are playing it the way it is meant to be played :]

Shazza Dani
12-25-2008, 01:33 AM
Prime 2 DID have and awesome 'red' Brinstar remix though. That is one redeeming quality.

Zomg QFT! This, and the Torvus Bog theme are amazing.

I agree that the dark world shit sucked. It really hurt what otherwise could have been an awesome game.

Russ
12-25-2008, 02:50 AM
I just go to comment about something you said. Metroid II, Zelda II, and Mario Bros. 2 happen to be some of my favorites in their respective series. Now about Metroid:

The first Metroid was great. I have no complaints.

Metroid II was my favorite. It gave you the ability to explore, but at the same time, kept you on track. Not to mention it gives you an inside look at a Metroid's natural life cycle.

Super Metroid was okay. However, it seems too open. They throw you in with nothing, and leave you to explore way too much.

Zero Mission was okay, but since I generally like originals better, the graphics and music killed it. It's a little more restrictive, which can be viewed as good or bad. However, the fact that they added an extra level and boss after the Mother Brain and escape from Zebes ruined it.

And I'm still on level 1 in Fusion. :)

ShadowTiger
12-25-2008, 09:47 PM
On a side note, has anyone ever really taken a look at AGN's ads? I saw one, and cracked up a bit.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b117/BH4/Random%20Images/AGNArmageddonAd.gifThe closest approximation I can think of, ... ... Fallout.

Shazza Dani
12-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Ads? I've never seen any ads on this site.

Russ
12-26-2008, 01:03 AM
Ya, I laughed when I saw that. I can just see the Devil at his computer clicking on that ad.

Pineconn
12-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Really, a 3-day hiatus? I lost Internet access for a few days to come back to an empty "So..." thread? :p

Ahem... now that I have your attention... I should be mentioning that the AGNX (AGN Expo) is starting up again. It will open shortly after New Year's Day (since I will be on vacation). We'll say, eh, the 2nd of January. So I want to see all your ZC-related stuff-in-the-making!

Shazza Dani
12-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Unfortunately I don't have any ZC stuff to show, as I've just recently started using 2.5. The only thing I've been doing is trying to familiarise myself with all the new features.

Btw, Link is an addict; which may or may not be the concept for the quest I'm going to make.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/lookbitch1.png

Russ
12-29-2008, 03:38 AM
Wow, I failed at my recent attempts.

I decided I'd keep away from the computer this weekend and read instead. Problem is, I read the whole book the first day. Just goes to show how long Christmas presents last. :rolleyes:

Although it just might have given me an idea for my next avatar...

Shazza Dani
12-29-2008, 04:17 AM
I can never find the time to read anymore, which sucks 'cause I have a few books I want to read.

Modus Ponens
12-29-2008, 04:22 AM
Reading rocks. I just never do it. But it totally kicks ass and makes you a better person.

rock_nog
12-29-2008, 10:59 AM
Ya, I laughed when I saw that. I can just see the Devil at his computer clicking on that ad.
Actually, I think God would be a little more interested in picking up some cheap Armageddon.

Russ
12-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Actually, I think God would be a little more interested in picking up some cheap Armageddon.
Hm, maybe so. Maybe God and the Devil will start fighting over who claims the ad, and that fight itself will cause the Armageddon. :D

I can never find the time to read anymore, which sucks 'cause I have a few books I want to read.
That's too bad. Reading is awesome.

rock_nog
12-29-2008, 04:19 PM
Why does Satan get such a bad rap, anyway? Sure, he rebelled against God, but it seems to me, looking at the Bible, God takes a lot more lives than Satan ever thought about.

Modus Ponens
12-29-2008, 06:57 PM
in b4 russadwan

Russ
12-29-2008, 07:14 PM
Time to switch to philosophical mode.

If you can get too much of a good thing, is it possible for somebody to not get enough of a bad thing?

The_Amaster
12-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Well, the whole point of too much of a good thing is that ti than becomes a bad thing.
So I suppose if you didn't get enough of a bad thing, maybe there wasn't enough for you to learn your lesson and change whatever it is you do, which is a good thing...gah...it makes perfect sense in my head.

Jenny
12-30-2008, 02:35 AM
been in the hospital for the last 2 weeks. my appendix had ruptured... not a good feeling at all.. missed Christmas with my family but we just had a late one I guess :)

mostly better now though, and gives me an excuse to sit around playing games all day. speaking of which I got a new computer for Christmas, runs so fast... if 120 FPS in left 4 dead at max settings is fast... oh, and anyone here who has steam, theres a nice sale going on.. I think its 25 - 50 % off all games or somthin.. grabbed Bio Shock for 5 bucks..

theres just too much to do on computers... and IRL too!!! *asks Santa for 100 hour long days and never having to sleep*

phattonez
12-30-2008, 02:56 AM
^^Wow, sounds terrible. At least you're doing well now.

Also, I wouldn't know anything about games running fast on my computer. I'm still fine with my computer that I really haven't changed in over 3 years. Still runs fine for me.

Shazza Dani
12-30-2008, 03:30 AM
I believe my computer is pretty good, but the only 3D games I've run on it are Fable and Portal (and N64 ROMs).

Russ
12-30-2008, 03:39 AM
Wow Jenny, that's very unfortunate. I'm glad to here you're feeling better now.

Shazza Dani
12-30-2008, 06:03 PM
You know what's irritating? At the beginning of The Minish Cap when Zelda wins the shield for Link, the woman giving her the prize doesn't realise that the giant red gem is a rupee. WTF? I can understand a regular person in Hyrule might not know what a Heart Container is, but how can she not recongnise currency?

Russ
12-31-2008, 03:33 AM
What's annoying is that she goes for the shield. I was ready to scream out "Go for the Heart Container!" And yet she goes for the dinky little shield. Plus she can't sit still for more than two seconds.

Shazza Dani
12-31-2008, 06:04 AM
Yes, an extra heart would be the best prize to take. The game is so easy though…

The_Amaster
12-31-2008, 11:41 AM
That seems to be the recent trend in Zelda games. Oh well, I'll aways have my Oracles and OoT to play.

Russ
12-31-2008, 03:22 PM
I think MM has the best replay value. Especially since you don't have to restart the game to replay it. :)

Shazza Dani
01-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Are you supposed to get a custom title at 1000 posts? How do I change it?

phattonez
01-02-2009, 02:19 AM
User CP --> Edit Profile

Shazza Dani
01-02-2009, 02:20 AM
I don't see the option anywhere. >.< Maybe because I just got 1000 posts…

EDIT: It's there now~

The_Amaster
01-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Wooo-hoooo, Sonic Unleashed is fun!

*falls over backward*

Russ
01-02-2009, 04:03 PM
MD: I noticed that too. It seems you have to wait a little bit after you get 1,000 posts for the bonuses to kick in.

Okay, so I just 'beat' Metroid Zero Mission. I say 'beat' because I always die on the screen right before the ship, where you have to fight the two black space pirates. I have this to say: Although the infiltrating the Space Pirate Mother Ship was really fun (one of my new favorite VG levels), it was really anti-climatic, and sort of ruined the game. I beat the Mother Brain (who was way to hard in Zero Mission; why can't they stick with the original design?), and then I escaped from the planet. Before you can even celebrate, another level after the last boss. And then they ruin that level by throwing a mechanical version of Ridley at you, which was really just embarrassing it was so easy.

CaRmAgE
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
*spoiler warning*

Speaking from a perspective where I played Zero Mission before the original, I have to say that the ending wasn't too bad. It is true that I felt Meta-Ridley wasn't an appropriate end-boss (although he's much, much harder on hard difficulty), and two 'get back to your ship' scenarios seemed a bit much. I did like the 'getting your suit back' scene and the music that followed.

Anyway, what difficulty are you doing? I've beaten the game on hard before, so if you want some tips, I'd be willing to share some of mine.

Russ
01-02-2009, 07:21 PM
Easy. I didn't realize exactly how easy it would be. I'm going to go through again, but on hard.

Shazza Dani
01-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Man, it's been a long time since I've played Zero Mission—or any Metroid game for that matter. One thing I remember though is the boss from ZM is Mecha-Ridley, not Meta-Ridley. Tsky tsky.

Russ
01-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Ya, which was pretty dumb. It's not even Ridley, it's just some dumb robot.

CaRmAgE
01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
One thing I remember though is the boss from ZM is Mecha-Ridley, not Meta-Ridley. Tsky tsky.

Ah, that's right. Sorry about that. I haven't played in a while, so...

russ: I think I should warn you that hard is much harder than you might initially think (I'd say it's 4x harder than normal). Here's a spoiler box containing the specifications that make hard so much different (and harder) from the other two modes in case you're interested:
-=SPOILER=-

Not that I want to discourage you from trying it. Give it a shot if you think you can handle it.

Russ
01-02-2009, 08:56 PM
On second thought, I'll go for normal.

CaRmAgE
01-02-2009, 09:15 PM
On second thought, I'll go for normal.

lol. Better safe than sorry, right? ;)

I actually don't think starting out on hard is too bad as long as you're careful. First time I did it, though, I was careless, and I, uh, died before reaching the first statue. Yeah... :redface:

Overall, though, I think Nintendo did a pretty good job with the remake even though the ending was slightly anti-climatic.

Anthus
01-02-2009, 11:49 PM
You know what's irritating? At the beginning of The Minish Cap when Zelda wins the shield for Link, the woman giving her the prize doesn't realise that the giant red gem is a rupee. WTF? I can understand a regular person in Hyrule might not know what a Heart Container is, but how can she not recongnise currency?

Perhaps she was trying to appeal to the youngin's before her?

Russ
01-03-2009, 04:48 AM
Okay, so 2008 had my first White Christmas. The snow started falling around the 15th, and just kept coming, leaving is with over a foot of snow at Christmas. Then it started melting. This morning, the roads were clear, and patches of grass started becoming visible (I'd say 25% of our yard had no snow). It starting snowing again tonight, We got about in an inch in the first 30-45 minutes. I can't wait to see what it looks like in the morning.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 05:17 AM
I can't wait 'til summer. ;_;

Russ
01-03-2009, 03:20 PM
For once, I'm really enjoying winter. I love snow, and there's no shortage of it here.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 03:24 PM
I can't stand the cold, or the snow. =[ I can't walk or ride my bike anywhere—I have to take a bus to get to places. It sucks.

Anthus
01-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I like snow, but I don't like being cold, especially if it is windy. It is fairly nice out today. It is cold, but it is very sunny, which always makes it a bit warmer.

Breaker
01-03-2009, 04:34 PM
So...

I've been in the hospital 4 times last month.

I broke up with my girlfriend of four years shortly after christmas and everything I own is in storage.

Apparently I'm anemic and had a bacterial infection.

I also apparently got into a fight sometime in the middle of all of that, evidenced by the black eye, cuts, and bruises all over my body. I have absolutely no memory of it. I do have a vague memory of falling down stairs though. I'm not sure when that happened either.

What better way to roll into a new year?

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Have you accepted Christ as your saviour? D:>

(That was a joke, no arguments plz)

Breaker
01-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Have you accepted Christ as your saviour? D:>

No. Life wouldn't be nearly as interesting if I did.

Russ
01-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Wow, that's tough. I'm not quite sure what to say.

Happy New Year, and I hope you don't have any more fighting and stair related amnesia. :goofy:

Breaker
01-03-2009, 04:42 PM
Not so much amnesia. I've been binge drinking everclear all month long. That's just how I roll.

btw, drinking straight everclear is extremely dumb. don't do it.

Prrkitty
01-03-2009, 04:48 PM
I hope that your life settles down for you soon. Bacterial infections can be really nasty critters to have amongst your innerds.

Blessings hon...

So...

I've been in the hospital 4 times last month.

I broke up with my girlfriend of four years shortly after christmas and everything I own is in storage.

Apparently I'm anemic and had a bacterial infection.

I also apparently got into a fight sometime in the middle of all of that, evidenced by the black eye, cuts, and bruises all over my body. I have absolutely no memory of it. I do have a vague memory of falling down stairs though. I'm not sure when that happened either.

What better way to roll into a new year?

Breaker
01-03-2009, 04:55 PM
my life is just beginning. everything I've done to myself has taught me that the human body isn't a pussy. a bacterial infection isn't going to be the death of me. it's uncomfortable at best. I do feel extremely tired and wiped out though. I've also gotten extremely sensitive to everything. not in a faggot kind of way. I'll wake up at the sound of a pin dropping. It's annoying.

Dechipher
01-03-2009, 04:58 PM
Breaker, this is the part where you discover you have superhuman abilities.
No joke, man. You are gonna be one baaaaad muthafucka.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Speaking of human bodies… I'm really interested in cannibalism. I heard about this german fellow, Armin Meiwes, who found someone on the internet to volunteerily let Meiwes kill and eat him. Meiwes ended up getting eight and a half years in prison. Fucking unfair, man.

Russ
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Wow, both of them must have been insane.

MasterSwordUltima
01-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Speaking of human bodies… I'm really interested in cannibalism. I heard about this german fellow, Armin Meiwes, who found someone on the internet to volunteerily let Meiwes kill and eat him. Meiwes ended up getting eight and a half years in prison. Fucking unfair, man.

Isn't that what the internet is for?

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Isn't that what the internet is for?

Basically. But it all goes to shit when you get arrested for it.

Russ
01-03-2009, 05:32 PM
What's so bad about getting arrested for murder?

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 05:34 PM
The guy volunteered. And how else are you supposed to eat someone?

Breaker
01-03-2009, 05:43 PM
You don't.

Russ
01-03-2009, 05:46 PM
The guy volunteered.
Ya, but it was still murder. The guy who volunteered was most likely insane.

You don't.
Quoted, as it deserves to be.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 05:47 PM
You don't, maybe. But who's to say this man can't eat someone who willingly gave up his body to him?

Breaker
01-03-2009, 06:44 PM
the law.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Actually in Germany the law doesn't say you can't eat another person, it just says you can't kill them. The only workaround I can think of is finding someone to volunteerily amputate part of their body but not be killed. It's all just such a hassle for a little bit of human meat. It's so discouraging…

Russ
01-03-2009, 07:03 PM
That should be enough to drive you away from desiring human meat then.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 07:09 PM
It doesn't—it just makes me not want to go through all the trouble. But I'm not giving up yet. I'll find a way to make it happen.

Russ
01-03-2009, 07:18 PM
I think I'm gonna be sick. :(

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Oh lawd, this topic is really making me laugh now. I shouldn't have brought it up.

The_Amaster
01-03-2009, 07:33 PM
*carefully steps a few feet further from MD*

Yeah, I heard a similar story about this guy who go turned on by having parts of himself eaten.
Apparently his ultimate fantasy was to have someone eat his penis
*shrug* It's a messed up world out there.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 07:50 PM
The guy whom Armin Meiwes ate actually tried to eat some of his own penis before he died. What happened was he told Meiwes to bite off his penis, but he couldn't do it so he used a knife. Then the guy tried to eat part of his penis raw but it was too chewy. Then he bled to death in a bathtub while using a bunch of painkillers and alcohol.

I feel like I should mention that all this goreyness does not excite me. I'm not that crazy. But apparently I am a little unsane.

Russ
01-03-2009, 07:55 PM
This conversation's getting a little strange for my liking.

New subjects: Rats. Are they intelligent pets, or dangerous plague spreaders?

The_Amaster
01-03-2009, 08:01 PM
Humans: Are they an innovative intelligent species, or a self-centered, malicious organism?

Why not both?

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 08:09 PM
A girl in my neighborhood has a pet white rat. She was carrying it outside one day and she showed it to me. I haven't seen her recently though; maybe she got the plague.

Russ
01-03-2009, 08:25 PM
I personally love rats and other rodents, although my mom can't stand them. But rats are very smart and loving. They just have a bad reputation.

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Rodents aren't really my thing. I love insects. Especially moths and dragonflies.

Russ
01-03-2009, 08:50 PM
I alwyas found monarch butterflies to be interesting. They can fly across the continent, knowing exactly where to go, and then group on the tree in mass. I always though that was kind of neat.

Still not as neat as rodents though. :D

Shazza Dani
01-03-2009, 08:55 PM
In my sixth grade science class we raised monarchs from caterpillars. My teacher was really cool—she was this super old hippie woman. I didn't realise how awesome she was at the time though, 'cause I was a dumb sixth-grader.

The_Amaster
01-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Heh, I remember my seventh grade science teacher. Guy was a former mortician, who laughed a lot and had a big personality. Shot marbles across the room in order to teach us about momentum and arcs of descent.

Pineconn
01-03-2009, 11:22 PM
...Arcs of descent, huh? Never heard of 'em...

Now, radial acceleration is fun stuff. ΣFR = maR and all.

Russ
01-04-2009, 01:52 AM
Last year, I had to Physical Science teachers. On tought us about hyrdrogen by creating fireballs with it, and the other explain Newton's third law of motion by putting a 2 liter coke bottle and roller and throwing a bunch of mentos in. :)

Edit: Wasn't Pineconn supposed to open the AGN Expo? I tried PMing him, but his inbox is full.

Pineconn
01-04-2009, 02:01 AM
Edit: Wasn't Pineconn supposed to open the AGN Expo? I tried PMing him, but his inbox is full.

Err.... yes, I was. My vacation took longer than I expected...

And my inbox capacity was decreased from 500 to 50 recently... I have 306 out of 50 possible messages... I'm gonna have to delete some.

EDIT: Now I have 16 messages.

Russ
01-04-2009, 04:23 AM
So I was playing Risk. My brother won. The dice role that he won with was six-six-six. It sure startled me for a second. :)

Shazza Dani
01-04-2009, 04:48 AM
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia… The fear of the number 666. I like that word. I remember it because it's in a song by Devendra Banhart.

erm2003
01-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Sorry to hear about all that bad news Breaker. Hopefully things will work themselves out quickly. It sucks when all that happens around the holidays.

Masamune
01-04-2009, 01:59 PM
The dice role that he won with was six-six-six. It sure startled me for a second. :)

That doesn't surprise me at all.

Breaker
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry to hear about all that bad news Breaker. Hopefully things will work themselves out quickly. It sucks when all that happens around the holidays.

this is nothing against you. thanks for the support. i just absolutely hate it when people say "things will work themselves out". i dont have a rash. it's not going to go away with time. "things" don't work out unless you realize your mistakes and you work at not repeating them.

Pineconn
01-04-2009, 02:40 PM
You'd be surprised how common rolling 3 sixes in Risk is. I've witnessed 3 of them in a row (naturally, it was against me). I was then very afraid of attacking that person.

CaRmAgE
01-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I've also seen the opposite happen quite a bit, where offense rolls, say 2-2-1, and defense rolls snake-eyes. It's pretty funny when circumstances like that happen (unless, of course, you're the victim).

Pineconn
01-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Haha, that happens often enough, too. I always get the bad end of the deal.

And my inbox capacity was decreased from 500 to 50 recently... I have 306 out of 50 possible messages... I'm gonna have to delete some.

Ah, so my silver stars are gone. That explains it. I guess I'm not a hosted forum mod anymore (but I still have all the powers in the AGN Expo forum). Thus, I've opened the Winter Expo.

Shazza Dani
01-04-2009, 05:02 PM
Holy shit, doesn't it suck when you just finished eating then someone offers you something delicious that you can't refuse? Gawd, I ate too much. I think I need a nap.

Russ
01-04-2009, 05:36 PM
I know what you mean. Last night, I ate at a place where sushi comes by on a conveyer belt in front of the table, and you just take what you want. I stuffed myself to the point where I almost fell asleep in my chair.

The_Amaster
01-04-2009, 06:24 PM
I have a hard time eating fast food anymore because that's always the feeling I get.

Russ
01-04-2009, 07:46 PM
I have a hard time eating fast food now because that's been 50% of my diet since we started redoing the kitchen. But I'm still losing wait. I just don't understand it. :shrug:

ShadowTiger
01-04-2009, 08:49 PM
I know what you mean. Last night, I ate at a place where sushi comes by on a conveyer belt in front of the table, and you just take what you want. I stuffed myself to the point where I almost fell asleep in my chair. I am kicking myself that I can't go to one of those. I would have been personally more than content to construct a tiny castle composed of sushi and yet even more sushi. How much did it cost exactly? And what variety was there, and with what frequency?

Russ
01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Well, the one I go to is pretty small, but they've got plenty of variety, and reasonably prices ($2 for a plate of Claifornia, 2.75 for Spicy Tuna, etc.) However, there is a really good one in Seatlle called Blue Sea Sushi, that has the best sushi! The place is huge, the conveyer belt has almost everything (sushi, cooked food being heated on mini-stoves, and those Japanese sodas with the marbles in them), it's reasonably priced, and it tastes amazing! But I only get to go there about once a year.

Pineconn
01-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Sushi was never anything I could get crazy about. Now, I love going to local Mexican places. I'll eat chips and salsa and las enchiladas supremas until my gut bursts.

erm2003
01-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Well, the one I go to is pretty small, but they've got plenty of variety, and reasonably prices ($2 for a plate of Claifornia, 2.75 for Spicy Tuna, etc.) However, there is a really good one in Seatlle called Blue Sea Sushi, that has the best sushi! The place is huge, the conveyer belt has almost everything (sushi, cooked food being heated on mini-stoves, and those Japanese sodas with the marbles in them), it's reasonably priced, and it tastes amazing! But I only get to go there about once a year.

Over the past year I have started to really like sushi. Sounds like an awesome place to dine. We have smaller places around here but it's more expensive. Their specials are usually something like 3 rolls for $12. That's probably a better deal than many places but not as good as what you got Russ.

Anthus
01-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Well, I hung out with "the gang" (sorry, thought I'd try it >.>) only to find out one of our close friends in moving to North Carolina. It is kind of sad, since we were looking forward to frolicking through the fields once more as the warmer months rolled around.

I'm gonna go fucking cry now.

Aaaaaand, sushi is pretty good.

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 07:01 AM
SUSHI!?!? You guys are sick!

lol c wut i did thar?

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 09:11 AM
I just got done watching Grimm Love, a movie based on Armin Meiwes. It was very interesting. Here's a link to the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLPJp_4zQvw

Russ
01-05-2009, 11:59 AM
Although I find your interest in him somewhat disturbing, I admire that you stick with something that you're interested in. :)

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 12:15 PM
It shouldn't be disturbing; there's lots of people who are intersted in that sort of thing. And just because I said I would eat human meat doesn't mean I'm going to go kill someone. Btw, I was kind of joking when I said "But I'm not giving up yet. I'll find a way to make it happen."

Russ
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Thank goodness! Now I'm a little bit more comfortable with this conversation.

Although sushi and rodents still make for better conversations...

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Sushi is more cruel than eating humans. D:

Russ
01-05-2009, 02:32 PM
No way! Sushi tastes amazing!

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 02:49 PM
Fishes are defenseless. D:

Russ
01-05-2009, 03:08 PM
So are unsuspecting humans.

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Then you don't eat unsuspecting humans. Or defenseless fishes. But only humans are capable of giving consent to being eaten.

Pineconn
01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Yeah, but fish, supposedly, don't feel pain. Quite clearly, humans do (unless everyone besides me fakes it).

Here's a solution - raise fish that can defend themselves.

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Fishes can defend themselves from natural predators, but humans always have the advantage in hunting because of technology. That's why I say people who get a thrill from sport-hunting are morons, because they don't realise how fucking easy they have it. Go wrestle a moose with your bare hands if you want to feel like a badass. OR, keep your technology, and fight other people.

Russ
01-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Okay, let's give the a human shark teeth and throw him in the ocean to catch tuna. :D

*Imitating Jim Gaffigan's fake voice* Wow, that was wasn't even funny. He must be loosing it.

erm2003
01-05-2009, 08:13 PM
Hot Pockeeeeeeeeeet!

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 08:14 PM
*stares at Russell seriously* I wonder if he's wearing a thong.

Russ
01-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Hot Pockeeeeeeeeeet!
You, sir, just made me laugh. When me and my friends first heard his thing on Hot Pockets, we were laughing hysterically. My mom, who was driving, had to pull over to the side of the road so she could stop laughing.

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 10:20 PM
I think I'm going to listen to my Jim Gaffigan CD tonight. <3

Russ
01-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Wow, I just looked at the ads above this page. They were both advertizing "Sushi in Seattle". :)

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM
I still don't see these alleged ads. I checked my blocked content and nothing appears to be blocked on this page, but I've still never seen any ads on this site.

Shazza Dani
01-05-2009, 11:24 PM
Biatch! I just used my new nail polish I bought today; it's dark blue, but it looks totally black! A damn waste of $8.50. D:<

The_Amaster
01-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Yeah, mine are almost always either "find Armageddon today!" or some variation on
"Play Zelda now! Best free Zelda games online!"

EDIT: After posting this, the new page had the sushi ads. Interesting...

CaRmAgE
01-06-2009, 12:12 AM
I got Dragon quest ads, and I haven't even posted or viewed anything related to that. :eyebrow:

Russ
01-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Mine are "Zelda Classic" and "Zelda". Strange, because neither of those words were on this page until now. I wonder how the ad software works.

MD: To be honest, dark blue and black loke the same to me. I never could tell the difference between them on anything.

Shazza Dani
01-06-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah… I don't even like dark blue. I should have bought a different colour. I thought it would look good, but alas, I thought wrong. =[

Pineconn
01-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Colour? What are you, European? :p

Right now, my ads are for turduckens, thanks to CaRmAgE's sig. Rather amusing.

In other news, it'd be nice if OSU could win a bowl game every once in a while. Then again, they should have won tonight.

Shazza Dani
01-06-2009, 01:13 AM
British spelling is clearly superior. I mean seriously, would you rather buy a draft or a draught?

PROTIP: Draught is the only correct answer.

Russ
01-06-2009, 01:22 AM
I prefer American spelling, simply because it uses less letters and is harder to mess up. :D

Shazza Dani
01-06-2009, 01:26 AM
It wouldn't be so hard if you had learnt it properly.

OMG C WUT I DID THAR??

Pineconn
01-06-2009, 01:31 AM
"Centre" is pronounced "cen-tree."
"Colour" is pronounced "cuh-lyur."
Any past tense that can otherwise end in "-ed" looks stupid, like "learnt."

Ahhh, nationalism!

Disclaimer: I'm really only joking.

Prrkitty
01-06-2009, 03:13 PM
WOW! This thread is getting close to crossing the 6k mark. Lots of random posts and participles... ;)

Link 101
01-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Colour? What are you, European? :p

Right now, my ads are for turduckens, thanks to CaRmAgE's sig. Rather amusing.

In other news, it'd be nice if OSU could win a bowl game every once in a while. Then again, they should have won tonight.

For a while I was spelling things all European like that. I don't know why. It was like a phase I went through or something. I'm over it now.

Aegix Drakan
01-06-2009, 06:42 PM
Ah, Back from my florida VacatioOOOLY SHIT IT'S FREEZING UP HERE!

Had a great time, went to the beach a lot. Went to Universal and Islands of Adventure, and did both the hulk (Most awesome ride I've ever been on), and the dueling Dragons (another totally awesome ride).

That's about it.

Also, just dowloaded Phantasy Star 0 in japanese to my DS. ...I am buying it the second it hits NA side. Even not knowing what the hell is going on storywise, and not knowing what any items do, I'm still having a blast!

@ Link 101: WHOO! I was wondering when you'd eventually return to AGN!

@ Mighty Darknut: Ok, I have no issue at all with you or your cannibalism thing. People have different fetishes/weird desires and I respect that. But if you let it hurt someone, then we have a problem. The guy who got 8 years for eating a volunteer pretty much got what he deserved. Volunteer or not, it's still murder. I mean, If someone says, "Man, I just want to die!" you don't go and kill him. Same with this case. So just....don't go to an extreme there MD.

Pineconn
01-06-2009, 07:10 PM
http://www.alfred-music.com/player/TheDivineComedyRobertWSmithV1/bd9563/player.html?osCsid=b9b06bb10482e43ecf0260ac059dec1 5

Oh man oh man oh man oh man. We're gonna play that for symphonic band at school. It. Is. Sweet! (And I'll play the muted trumpet solo..... even if it doesn't even fit the song at all. :shrug:)

Russ
01-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Wow, I just became stressed out. Pure ZC just announced a QPF opening, and I am going to get it! So I'm now I the process of trying to crank out several really good looking screens that resemble LttP. Long story. Don't have time to explain. Wow, I feel so rushed right now.

Link 101
01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Ah, Back from my florida VacatioOOOLY SHIT IT'S FREEZING UP HERE!

Had a great time, went to the beach a lot. Went to Universal and Islands of Adventure, and did both the hulk (Most awesome ride I've ever been on), and the dueling Dragons (another totally awesome ride).

That's about it.

Also, just dowloaded Phantasy Star 0 in japanese to my DS. ...I am buying it the second it hits NA side. Even not knowing what the hell is going on storywise, and not knowing what any items do, I'm still having a blast!

@ Link 101: WHOO! I was wondering when you'd eventually return to AGN!

@ Mighty Darknut: Ok, I have no issue at all with you or your cannibalism thing. People have different fetishes/weird desires and I respect that. But if you let it hurt someone, then we have a problem. The guy who got 8 years for eating a volunteer pretty much got what he deserved. Volunteer or not, it's still murder. I mean, If someone says, "Man, I just want to die!" you don't go and kill him. Same with this case. So just....don't go to an extreme there MD.

Ha ha, I'm glad to see someone noticed I even left/returned. Yeah, I go on random kicks where I'm like "I really miss AGN" after I've, for some reason, forgotten about it. I'm back though, hopefully for a while.

On the negative side...I hate Florida...ha ha. I've been there about 20 times, 15 of them during the summer when it is hot as Hell, almost literally. I'm sick of it now. Plus, bad memories because I stayed with my dad and his dysfunctional family those 15 times.

The_Amaster
01-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Hahahaha, the ads above Anthony's homecoming thread are
"Do You Want Your EX Back? (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BsFx_KhhkSbnCMYLAjQSrvK3vCez5hpMBxsC4sQrAjbcBoP 4KEAEYASD-guEFKAI4AFDz442oB2DJ1tWN_KSoE6ABmuO57wOyARd3d3cuYX JtYWdlZGRvbmdhbWVzLm5ldLoBCTQ2OHg2MF9hc8gBAdoBPWh0 dHA6Ly93d3cuYXJtYWdlZGRvbmdhbWVzLm5ldC9mb3J1bXMvc2 hvd3RocmVhZC5waHA_dD0xMDQ1NzaAAgGoAwHIAwfoAzfoA-AG6AMD6AO1BPUDAAEABJgEAA&num=1&adurl=http://justreviewed.info/MagicOfMakingUp%3Ft202id%3D286%26t202kw%3Da%2520br oken%2520heart&client=ca-pub-6426820268813903&nm=18)I actually got my ex back by reading this. We are now married!"
and
"Heal My Broken Heart (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BhPLLKhhkSbnCMYLAjQSrvK3vCeOh3C25rYHxCcCNtwHwkw kQAhgCIP6C4QUoAjgAUNjo4537_____wFgydbVjfykqBOgAZGk zfcDsgEXd3d3LmFybWFnZWRkb25nYW1lcy5uZXS6AQk0Njh4Nj BfYXPIAQHaAT1odHRwOi8vd3d3LmFybWFnZWRkb25nYW1lcy5u ZXQvZm9ydW1zL3Nob3d0aHJlYWQucGhwP3Q9MTA0NTc2gAIBqA MByAMH6AM36APgBugDA-gDtQT1AwABAASYBAA&num=2&adurl=http://www.understand-how-men-think.net/main.html&client=ca-pub-6426820268813903&nm=11)Don’t Go Here Unless You’re Serious About Understanding Men!"

Man, messed up stuff.

Pineconn:Dude....sweet.

Link 101
01-06-2009, 10:55 PM
What are these ads you speak of? I see no ads anywhere.

erm2003
01-06-2009, 11:30 PM
I think Firefox or Firefox +Adblock blocks the ads at the top of the page so I don't see them either, though I know I have seen them in the past. So don't worry guys, I know you aren't totally insane... just a little!

Link 101
01-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Ohhhh. Right. I have Firefox and Adblock + as well. Very handy tool. I've gotten used to seeing no ads, it's very nice.

CaRmAgE
01-07-2009, 12:16 AM
Hahahaha, the ads above Anthony's homecoming thread are
"Do You Want Your EX Back? (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BsFx_KhhkSbnCMYLAjQSrvK3vCez5hpMBxsC4sQrAjbcBoP 4KEAEYASD-guEFKAI4AFDz442oB2DJ1tWN_KSoE6ABmuO57wOyARd3d3cuYX JtYWdlZGRvbmdhbWVzLm5ldLoBCTQ2OHg2MF9hc8gBAdoBPWh0 dHA6Ly93d3cuYXJtYWdlZGRvbmdhbWVzLm5ldC9mb3J1bXMvc2 hvd3RocmVhZC5waHA_dD0xMDQ1NzaAAgGoAwHIAwfoAzfoA-AG6AMD6AO1BPUDAAEABJgEAA&num=1&adurl=http://justreviewed.info/MagicOfMakingUp%3Ft202id%3D286%26t202kw%3Da%2520br oken%2520heart&client=ca-pub-6426820268813903&nm=18)I actually got my ex back by reading this. We are now married!"
and
"Heal My Broken Heart (http://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=BhPLLKhhkSbnCMYLAjQSrvK3vCeOh3C25rYHxCcCNtwHwkw kQAhgCIP6C4QUoAjgAUNjo4537_____wFgydbVjfykqBOgAZGk zfcDsgEXd3d3LmFybWFnZWRkb25nYW1lcy5uZXS6AQk0Njh4Nj BfYXPIAQHaAT1odHRwOi8vd3d3LmFybWFnZWRkb25nYW1lcy5u ZXQvZm9ydW1zL3Nob3d0aHJlYWQucGhwP3Q9MTA0NTc2gAIBqA MByAMH6AM36APgBugDA-gDtQT1AwABAASYBAA&num=2&adurl=http://www.understand-how-men-think.net/main.html&client=ca-pub-6426820268813903&nm=11)Don’t Go Here Unless You’re Serious About Understanding Men!"

Man, messed up stuff.

Wow, that's hilarious. :laughing:

Russ
01-07-2009, 02:24 AM
I finally found a new avatar. Say hello to the scariest, and the last, jellyfish you'll ever see in your life.

Beldaran
01-07-2009, 02:30 AM
My ad right now is for mail order Turducken. Not joking.

Modus Ponens
01-07-2009, 04:56 AM
Pineconn! That song is fucking awesome. Try to make sure a recording is made of you guys playing it so that we can hear it.

Breaker
01-07-2009, 08:17 AM
I have an ad for

"Rick Astley Videos
Never Gonna Give You Up Video. Watch Free Music Videos with Veoh! "

-_-

Shazza Dani
01-07-2009, 08:58 AM
There's no ads! >.< And I'm not on Firefox, and I didn't block anything.

Link 101
01-07-2009, 10:50 AM
I have an ad for

"Rick Astley Videos
Never Gonna Give You Up Video. Watch Free Music Videos with Veoh! "

-_-

Looks like AGN just tried to Rick Roll you. AGN--Friend, or Foe? You be the judge.

Russ
01-07-2009, 11:56 AM
My ad right now is for mail order Turducken. Not joking.
That how we got our Turducken. Then the next day my dad founf one at QFC. :)

Breaker
01-07-2009, 01:58 PM
There's no ads! >.< And I'm not on Firefox, and I didn't block anything.

we have ads. they are in the top right corner of every page.

Russ
01-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Here's an expirement. I want to see if I can change what ads appear.

Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid
Metroid

Link 101
01-07-2009, 02:18 PM

Yep, I just turned off AdBlock Plus and sure enough. Rick Astley Video ads all up in my dome piece. I'm about to turn it back on though, Forums looks better without them.

Shazza Dani
01-07-2009, 03:22 PM

I see the ads on Firefox and Chrome, but not Opera (which is my main browser), and Opera's content blocker insists that nothing has been blocked.

Russ
01-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Ah, Chrome. For some reason, I can't download it, or anything from Google for that matter (It gives me some random error code). So I just use internet explorer for my main broswer. I would use firefox, but I don't like the way it's history is displayed, and I don't like the way it manages downloads.

Shazza Dani
01-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Opera has the best download manager. Firefox is a little annoying since it's in a separate window, but I've gotten used to it. And Internet Explorer is one browser I never use.

Pineconn
01-07-2009, 04:31 PM
Pineconn! That song is fucking awesome. Try to make sure a recording is made of you guys playing it so that we can hear it.

We make recordings... it's just a matter whether I buy the performance CD or not. :p Either way, our concert isn't for a few months, and we have a lot to work on, as demonstrated by that "The Inferno" recording.

Russ
01-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Opera has the best download manager. Firefox is a little annoying since it's in a separate window, but I've gotten used to it. And Internet Explorer is one browser I never use.
The main thing I find annoying with Firefox about downloads is that it just throws them in the downloads folder, rather than letting me choose where to put them.

Shazza Dani
01-07-2009, 04:50 PM
You can change the download directory. I forget how, but I have all my downloads go to the desktop.

Russ
01-07-2009, 05:00 PM
You can change the download directory. I forget how, but I have all my downloads go to the desktop.
The point is that I like to be able to choose where each file goes. What if I'm downloading five different files, and I want each one to go to a different location?

Pryme8
01-07-2009, 09:34 PM
when are they gonna delete this thread...

I hope they do it right when yall think you are gonna hit a all time new high on posts.

Russ
01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Wow, it's flooding like crazy here.

Most of the streets are closed. One near here is under four feet of water.

The main river in the valley is about to flow over it's banks. The towns further down the valley are evacuating.

Even the interstate highway's closed. It's crazy.

deathbyhokie
01-08-2009, 12:33 AM
The main thing I find annoying with Firefox about downloads is that it just throws them in the downloads folder, rather than letting me choose where to put them.

There's an option on the Main section of firefox's options that let's you dictate where each file gets placed.

And that's before you get to fun add-ons like DownThemAll

Breaker
01-08-2009, 10:41 AM
when are they gonna delete this thread...

I hope they do it right when yall think you are gonna hit a all time new high on posts.

way to make friends. keep up the good work.

Deviance
01-08-2009, 01:31 PM

http://sjnetwork.net/etc/lulz.jpg
http://sjnetwork.net/etc/lulz2.jpg

Do I get a cookie?

Shazza Dani
01-08-2009, 01:47 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/Image12.png

CaRmAgE
01-08-2009, 01:50 PM
lol, I love that mock-up, MD :laughing:

Modus Ponens
01-08-2009, 05:47 PM
Me too. Apparently I too recently gave you rep to give you more rep now (which is lame), but I would so totally have given you rep. Cuz... you know. Having little green gems under your post count is what it's all about, amirite?

Pineconn
01-08-2009, 06:00 PM
Do I get a cookie?

No, because you used JPEGs.

Shazza Dani
01-08-2009, 06:15 PM
Oh snap!

Yea, JPGs are baaaad. At least use max quality when you save as JPG. D:<

Or, ya know, don't use JPGs at all, ever.

Aegix Drakan
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
*calls upon his Graphic design training*

Use Jpegs when you something to be transferred quickly.

But you should never ever ever ever use it for quality final work that does not require instant upload/download speed.

That's what PNGs are for! : D

The_Amaster
01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
I know jpg is great for speed and stuff, and pngs are high quality, and gifs can be animated. But what are bmps good for? And what the hell is a tiff? I never ever see any tiffs used for anything.

Shazza Dani
01-08-2009, 09:50 PM
I think BMPs were used for high-colour images before PNGs were created, since GIFs can only have 256 colours and JPGs get distorted. But now PNGs beat BMPs in every way.

Deviance
01-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Only used a jpg because it was just a quick put together.

Pineconn
01-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Do I get a cookie?

No, because you used JPEGs.

Use Jpegs when you something to be transferred quickly.

Only used a jpg because it was just a quick put together.

Ah, okay. It's understandable, then. Here's your cookie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/mmmcookie.png

CaRmAgE
01-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I only know what my dad says about tiff, and all he knows is that it uses "lossless compression" or something.

Modus Ponens
01-09-2009, 05:37 AM
I think that BMP is to graphics as WAV is to audio—it's the standard uncompressed lossless "one-to-one" format, where each element is simply stored as-is. As such, you can easily see that the storage size of a 24-bit 640 x 480 pixel bitmap file is easily calculable, as it is 24 bits times 640 times 480, which equals 7,372,800 bits, or 900 KB (plus a few bytes extra for a header and whatever). Any BMP image of those dimensions and that color depth will be the same size, no matter what, as opposed to JPGs whose size for a given compression rate depends on the complexity of the image, or PNGs or GIFs whose size depends on the number of colors present, etc.

As far as I know, you're almost always going to be better off with a PNG, because you can make it so that it's always the same quality as the source bitmap, but potentially smaller in size.

Russ
01-09-2009, 02:10 PM
I always use GIFs. I don't know why, I just do. :shrug:

Shazza Dani
01-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I always use GIFs. I don't know why, I just do. :shrug:

lol colour loss. You should get in the habit of using PNG.

Breaker
01-09-2009, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLiYoxtZbpo&NR=1

hilarious.

Russ
01-09-2009, 06:42 PM
So I got a username change.

Russ was taken, and I would never have thought of this one if MD hadn't called my Russell.

Edit: It appears MD is now Shazza Dani. I guess I'll call her SD now.

The_Amaster
01-09-2009, 06:47 PM
Man, that's gonna take some getting used to...

Russ
01-09-2009, 06:48 PM
I'm already used to it.

Then again, it's a routine process on Pure ZC, so I sort of get something like it at least once a month.

Shazza Dani
01-09-2009, 06:54 PM
Aww. I like the name Russell, but now it won't be special when I say it because it's your actual name now. O:

The_Amaster
01-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Well, Russel makes sense, because he was Russadwan. And SD's avatar is the same, so that's not too bad. But Deviance threw me for a loop, as did Maximum...umm, crap, Dechiphers new name eludes me already.

Deviance
01-09-2009, 06:59 PM
With my nick being Deviance I use it at the other forums and mainly on irc. Just never decided to get it changed here until last night.

Shazza Dani
01-09-2009, 06:59 PM
I knew Deviance from PureZC, and anyone who knew me from PureZC would already know me as SD.

Russ
01-09-2009, 07:34 PM
I also knew Deviance from Pure ZC. Maximum, um, the Decipher guy is the only one that really confused me. But I'm over it now.

ShadowTiger
01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
I only remembered you as Sharon Daniel. :shrug:

Shazza Dani
01-09-2009, 11:01 PM
I only remembered you as Sharon Daniel. :shrug:

Same thing. >.>

Shazza Dani
01-09-2009, 11:17 PM
This thread is now about bagels.

Guys, I ate too many bagels.

How many bagels is too many bagels?

ANY bagels is too many bagels.

;_;

Anthus
01-09-2009, 11:27 PM
This thread is now about bagels.

Guys, I ate too many bagels.

How many bagels is too many bagels?

ANY bagels is too many bagels.

;_;

I'd say.. two? They can be filling.

Shazza Dani
01-09-2009, 11:34 PM
I did in fact eat two. They were really small bagels but it was still too filling.

Modus Ponens
01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Dude, I love bagels! Gimme a toasted whole wheat bagel with butter when I'm blue, and I'm not blue very much longer. (Give me two, while you're at it.)

Shazza Dani
01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
http://fitnesswithbri.com/images/697-smartbalance29_slueth29_tue_embedded_prod_affiliat e_56.jpg

/vegan

Deviance
01-10-2009, 12:52 AM
Doesn't Flax make you get the shits?

Shazza Dani
01-10-2009, 01:01 AM
._. Nope. I wouldn't eat it if it did. D:

Russ
01-10-2009, 02:44 AM
A few months ago, I won a raffle. Now we get 13 bagels for free each month for the whole year. :)

Beldaran
01-10-2009, 03:45 AM
I hate the taste of, and do not purchase, fake butter.

ShadowTiger
01-10-2009, 11:02 AM
We use the Smart Beat Margarine. It's not bad, actually. Although if you use something for so long, you start to lose track of what other kinds of butter tastes like. I can't say it's a raw deal though.

A few months ago, I won a raffle. Now we get 13 bagels for free each month for the whole year. :)Jews around the world would be proud. Would you like a schmear of Cream Cheese and lox? A schtickle of white fish would wet your whistle maybe?

The_Amaster
01-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I can't stand fake butter. It just tastes...greasy.

Russ, thats oen of the most awesome prizes I've ever heard of.

Shazza Dani
01-10-2009, 12:31 PM
I almost never used real butter in my life. 'Cause I mostly avoided dairy products even before I became vegan.

phattonez
01-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Butter, margarine, Country Crock, I can't Believe it's not Butter, etc. It all tastes the same to me. As long as it has salt, of course.

Modus Ponens
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah, I pretty much demand salt and fat in my bagel spread.

Shazza Dani
01-10-2009, 02:09 PM
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button is a fucking long movie. >.<

Well, it's like two hours and fourty-six minutes, but it's kinda boring and seems way longer.

Russ
01-10-2009, 02:20 PM
I was thinking about seeing that. But I think today me and some friends are seeing Valkarie.

Shazza Dani
01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm watching Benjamin Button on my laptop right now. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/plz/imapirateplz.png

Modus Ponens
01-10-2009, 04:52 PM
fourty

Sorry, kid, it's forty, even in England.

Russ
01-10-2009, 04:54 PM
:odd: If you like the movie, at least pay the people who made it so they'll make more movies.

Anyways, I just finishes played Metroid Fusion (In case you can't tell, I'm sort of a Metroid marathon right now). There' something bothering me though.

Ridley.

The Metroid series can't go on without him. Yet he dies in Super Metroid, and his body was completely destroyed in Fusion. How can he come back?

And what about Metroids? All of them are completely gone. You can't have a Metroid game without Metroids.

And what will hapen to Samus now. It's obvious the Federation won't be happy with her. But how do you deal with somebody who's powerful enough to blow up two planets and completely wipe out species that nobody else can even touch without dying?

Shazza Dani
01-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Sorry, kid, it's forty, even in England.

It's a common mistake, leave me alone. ;_;

:odd: If you like the movie, at least pay the people who made it so they'll make more movies.

I didn't like the movie. Also, I don't have any money.

CaRmAgE
01-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Anyways, I just finishes played Metroid Fusion (In case you can't tell, I'm sort of a Metroid marathon right now). There' something bothering me though.

Ridley.

The Metroid series can't go on without him. Yet he dies in Super Metroid, and his body was completely destroyed in Fusion. How can he come back?

And what about Metroids? All of them are completely gone. You can't have a Metroid game without Metroids.

Nintendo proceeded the same way they did the Zelda series: continue the series out of chronological order. That's what they did with the Metroid Prime trilogy that followed. The time period was set before the events of Metroid Fusion, but after the first Metroid (I forget where the trilogy fits in the timeline, though).

Anthus
01-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Nintendo proceeded the same way they did the Zelda series: continue the series out of chronological order. That's what they did with the Metroid Prime trilogy that followed. The time period was set before the events of Metroid Fusion, but after the first Metroid (I forget where the trilogy fits in the timeline, though).

Metroid -> Prime Series -> Metroid 2 -> Super Metroid -> Fusion

In Metroid is supposedly only injured, or some shit. That is why he appears as meta-Ridley in Prime, and I guess he comes back through some phazon BS in Prime 3 as Omega Ridley. Anything after is just a plot hole, or they didn't really care about continuity.

>.>

The_Amaster
01-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Yeah, but inserting new installments into the storyline can only go on for so long before it becomes weird. I'm sure there will be some way for a fragment of Ridley's DNA to have survived, or soem long lost colony of Metroids somewhere.

Modus Ponens
01-11-2009, 03:55 AM
Or they can just stop having you fucking kill a character they want to keep using.

Russ
01-11-2009, 04:33 AM
Well, I just thought of something. Samus has Metroid DNA in her. If they really wanted Metroid DNA, well, all they'd have to do would be to scrape part of that Metroid-ish membrane off of her power suit.

Although I still can't think of any way for Ridley. Everytime, there was something. Body parts to fuse with a machine, a corpse to be inhabited by an X parasite. But it seems like he was completly destroyed. :(

Or they can just stop having you fucking kill a character they want to keep using.
Ya, that too. It seems like he blows up in every game anyways. :)

Aegix Drakan
01-11-2009, 11:46 AM
Well, considering that the metroids are a Chozo creation (as indicated by the last page in the maual of Fusion), I'm sure there are more metroids. The chozo touched a great deal of worlds, and I'm sure they implanted metroids there too, in case the X managed to migrate there.

As for Ridley, they could always make a robot model of him. Or maybe he has children to take up him place. (oh, that would be awesome. You break into a space pirate base and find a small ridley. Before Samus can kill it, she gets ambushed by like, ten of them. She manages to escape, and later on, you need to worry about not just 1 ridley, but a whole flock of them! >: D )

And Samus will probably get reprimanded, and nothing worse. I mean...she saved the Galaxy about, what? FVE times? That's gotta count for something. Then again, it would be a cool intro to play as Samus busting out of Federation prison. XD

BTW, I LOVED fusion. It was really fun. Still can't get 100% though. I have a very high percentage, but some of the items I just can't understand how to get to! >: (

Anthus
01-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Ridley was the indigenous species on planet Zebes. Maybe he was cloned, or something. The only real plot hole is how he comes back after Prime 3, everything else can at least be sort of explained. I guess it is just a plot hole, since the games were made out of order.

Modus Ponens
01-11-2009, 01:51 PM
You break into a space pirate base and find a small ridley.

And instead of attacking her, it follows Samus around like she's its mother! So she takes it back to a Federation space colony to have it analyzed. But she barely gets beyond the asteroid belt when she picks up a distress signal. The space station is under attack!

The_Amaster
01-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Whoa...deja vu...why does this feel familiar...

Russ
01-11-2009, 03:35 PM
I can almost see Samus in a 24 style court room scene.

Although about the baby Ridley thing, one of them should think she's its Mom, and then you get to ride around on it. Would be awesome.

Still can't get 100% though. I have a very high percentage, but some of the items I just can't understand how to get to! >: (
I beat the game with 39% of the items. :D

Fusion was good. It had the best storyline of a Metroid game by far, and even though it was linear, it was still awesome.

I know there were two parts of the game that really shocked me. First, when I saw Ridley's body frozen in the station, I just stopped and gasped.

Then, when you break into the Metroid lab, well, I was shocked beyond belief.

And then when you have to go knock the ship off course, and I saw all the Metroid shells, getting increasingly larger, I got excited. Even if Omega Metroid was easy, he was awesome.

erm2003
01-11-2009, 04:08 PM
All this talk of Fusion made me buy a copy on amazon today. I have been meaning to for a while but I just didn't for the longest time. I am going to have to play through this one.

The_Amaster
01-11-2009, 04:12 PM
I got to the final battle against Dark Samus and had to return it to the person I borrowed it from. *sigh* I should beat it one of these days...

Shazza Dani
01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I got to the final battle against Dark Samus and had to return it to the person I borrowed it from. *sigh* I should beat it one of these days...

Are you talking about Fusion? That would be SA-X, not Dark Samus. D: