PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

rock_nog
09-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Damn Christians... I swear, I'm really starting to resent living across the street from a frickin' church - see, right now, they're holding some sort of Christian dance party. Dear God, why must I be subjected to that?

Aegix Drakan
09-26-2008, 10:54 PM
?_? What's wrong with them having a dance party?

Unless they have the music on very very loud?

Shazza Dani
09-26-2008, 10:56 PM
I remember two winters ago, I skipped school and walked a few miles to a neighboring borough—I was getting too cold so I went into a church and fell asleep on a bench in the back. Just one of my random misadventures…

Russ
09-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Christian dance party? You know, sometimes I think churches hold this secret contest against each other to see how many things they can slap the word "Christian" on. :rolleyes:

Shazza Dani
09-26-2008, 11:31 PM
This thread is now about Christian Siriano.

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com/blog/images/2008/03/christian-siriano-bravotv.jpg

Modus Ponens
09-26-2008, 11:41 PM
My mom and I always thought he was good enough to stay on the show, but we never liked his stuff as much as some of the other people's.

Majora
09-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Christian dance party? You know, sometimes I think churches hold this secret contest against each other to see how many things they can slap the word "Christian" on. :rolleyes:

Hey, even if Jesus has more holes in 'im than the average person I'm sure he still likes to party.

MasterSwordUltima
09-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Hey, even if Jesus has more holes in 'im than the average person I'm sure he still likes to party.

Its awesome checking in this thread every couple of days to see something like this as the last post.

Pryme8
09-27-2008, 12:59 PM
Jesus did drugs... enough said!

Majora
09-27-2008, 01:21 PM
I found Jesus in my Cheetos. I give you, Cheesus

http://www.divinecaroline.com/ext/article_images/cheetojesus.jpg

This thread is now about something related to jesus or cheesus.

rock_nog
09-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Of course Jesus parties. We all know he can turn water into funk.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/31939/family-guy-j-funk

phattonez
09-27-2008, 03:27 PM
So what do you think of our mods on this board? 3 out of the 5 haven't been here for at least a week, and one of them hasn't been here since January. The only one who's really active is Archibaldo.

Russ
09-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Eh, AGN is more of a "not too many mods" kind of board. I like it. It's so relaxed. Then you get to other websites *cough*purezc*cough* and there are mods warning people on every page. :)

rock_nog
09-27-2008, 08:18 PM
You know, that's the nice thing about AGN - I mean, we don't really have much need for heavy-handed modding at the moment. I mean, these past few weeks especially, it's been rather quiet around here, but in a good way. We have a small but dedicated active user base, and for the most part, we all get along well - we don't have to deal with major drama, which is great.

phattonez
09-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Yeah that's true, but then why do we need so many mods, especially when they're never here?

rock_nog
09-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Damnit, that dance party at the church is back. Excuse me while I step outside to shake my fist and yell at those damn kids to get off my lawn.

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah that's true, but then why do we need so many mods, especially when they're never here?

Its been my experience that a lot of boards have either a ridiculous amount of moderators/admins or a very small mod/user ratio. I think AGN has it dead on.

And the reason they haven't been changed or whatever is most likely due to the fact that they aren't around. Who's gonna change rank when the one's who do it aren't here? [shrug]

Cheesus is epic.

Majora
09-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Someone do me a favor and locate the oldest visible post by me, so I can be reminded of my n00b days.

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Your n00b days? Hah, look up my first post. Actually, you can't, because my first post was under the name MasterSwordOmni.

Majora
09-28-2008, 03:17 PM
I DEMAND N00BAGE *points to the coin glowing next to the little green light next to your username*

Russ
09-28-2008, 03:25 PM
I remember my first post. It was a bunch of questions about ZC. Mostly custom enemies, items, scripting, etc. And I remember Majora answered them all. Well, at least the first few batches. Then Joe123 and Amaster took over. Good times... :)

Majora
09-28-2008, 03:49 PM
To this day I believe (<---- key word here) I am the most knowledgeable in ZQuest stuff excluding the developers themselves. Excluding matters on scripting and probably room-state-carryovers.

The_Amaster
09-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Heh, I remember both you guys first showing up, answering you're questions.
My first post was either a custom tiles question or a layers question, I can't remember which. But it was like a year and a half before I left the ZC forums.

Do either of you remember when betas were released like every month or so, and there were huge feature discussion threads? I have good memories of those threads.

Russ
09-28-2008, 04:14 PM
I remember the "Compile the next build already!" threads. :D

Majora
09-28-2008, 04:19 PM
I remember when someone's mom (namely, the victim of a "yo momma's so old..." joke) was riding around on a brontosaurus going to highschool to take a yearbook photo with the members of the graduating class of 20,008 BC

Aegix Drakan
09-28-2008, 07:06 PM
hahaha, I can never forget my noobishness.

:P since my first real experience with flame wars was from GameFaqs.....yeah, I was under the inpressio nthat they were fun, and that they should be peppered with total randomness.

...Then I hopped into a flame war back on the old GB...

>_< Oh gosh...I had some red rep shoved up my nose for that. All the guys who were flaming that other guy turned and started flaming ME! ...and it burned. Oh yes, it burned.

:P But it later helped me mature online a bit, so whatever. Growing pains, I guess.

And dammit, I need a new mouse. The one I'm using keeps getting stuck and making it really hard to navigate. :mad:

Russ
09-28-2008, 07:14 PM
Anybody here gotten Kirby Super Star Ultra yet? That game is amazing.

Aegix Drakan
09-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Yes, yes it is.

:D I looove the yo-yo.

It's not my favourite kirby game (Kirby's dream land 2 = <3 ) but it's still really fun.

And oh gosh... >_< I nearly finished Sonic's stroy in Adventure DX and...HOLY CRAP some of his later levels are insane. Sky deck...took me a lon long time, a lot of lives, and it gave me a headache from all the twisty turny business. About the only level where I really got pissed at the camera.

Then again, levels like speed highway make up for it (Run down a madman's idea of a highway in the dead of night...go running down a skyscraper...and then randomly end up in the downtown area in broad daylight. Random FTW) XD

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Whats different between the new one and the old SNES one? Quite frankly, I love playing Kirby SuperStar multiplayer. 2nd player in MilkyWay Wishes is superbly fun.

Russ
09-28-2008, 10:47 PM
It has a graphical overhaul, new minigames, and has a bunch of unlockables that make it about twice as long as the original. I just beat Revenge of Meta Knight. It was so awesome.

MasterSwordUltima
09-28-2008, 10:49 PM
What are the unlockables? Because if its twice as long as the original, then I suppose I'll check it out, but that means that there are 5 new games in it (7 if you include the Megaton Punch game and the Quickdraw game), right?

ZTC
09-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Since I quit my old job, it seems like my life is returning to what it was before all the drama bs. I'm happy now and feel like hanging around a bit more often. I've also noticed that Disgaea is quite addictive.

rock_nog
09-29-2008, 10:22 AM
Yargh, now I'm having dreams about Elvis taking on Darth Vader in a lightsaber duel. What next?

Russ
09-29-2008, 11:01 AM
You get the most interesting dreams award. You had dreams about religion, racism, and now epic lightsaber fights. :)

Pryme8
09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
You get the most interesting dreams award. You had dreams about religion, racism, and now epic lightsaber fights. :)

Best quote EVER!

rock_nog
09-29-2008, 11:18 AM
Frankly, I'm just glad I'm not having nightmares anymore. A couple of years back, I went through this phase where I kept having horrible nightmares - which was especially traumatizing given my brain's demonstrated ability to come up with really bizarre, unique, and vivid scenarios. Seriously, the ability for my brain to come up with really crazy dreams can do some really horrible things in the wrong hands.

MasterSwordUltima
09-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Oh snap, I downloaded the Protomen (album?) torrent and all I have to say is WOAH. I was expected covers of Megaman music (MM9 is to blame), and lo and behold, I get some of the best indie rock I've ever heard.

Aegix Drakan
09-29-2008, 09:48 PM
Seriously, the ability for my brain to come up with really crazy dreams can do some really horrible things in the wrong hands.

I hear ya. >_> My mind can go totally wacko, whether I'm dreaming or not...

aces2022
09-30-2008, 04:37 AM
Every time I see you avatar Aegix, I think of ninjas jumping out of the trees being chased by lions and black hippos on green fire, while sonic just stares away daydreaming. It's different every time.

Pryme8
09-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Every time I see you avatar Aegix, I think of ninjas jumping out of the trees being chased by lions and black hippos on green fire, while sonic just stares away daydreaming. It's different every time.

What are you on???

I want some!!! ^_^

The_Amaster
09-30-2008, 05:07 PM
I had a dream last night where I was eating a cookie.

...that was it. I was in a blank void, I don't think I could even see or feel my limbs, I was just eating a cookie. It was oatmeal raisin.

Shazza Dani
09-30-2008, 06:26 PM
I ate a real cookie one time. D: Stop dreaming and start living your fantasies!

In fact, today I ate a ton of Oreos (yes, they're vegan). They were the only thing I had to eat in the house, and I won't have any money until tomorrow.

rock_nog
09-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Blasphemy! How dare you defile the name Oreo by applying it to a vegan cookie!

Flech, I had a job interview today. Man I hate job interviews. I like having a job and earning money and paying the bills and eating and all that jazz, I just want for someone to just say for once "Geez, we were gonna have you sit down for an interview, but your resume just completely blew us away! You're hired!"

Aegix Drakan
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM

ROFL. XD That's a pretty funny mental image.

Shazza Dani
09-30-2008, 08:59 PM
Blasphemy! How dare you defile the name Oreo by applying it to a vegan cookie!

Uhm… All Oreos are vegan. Read the ingredients.

Also,

"We need to find you a woman. You're nine. You've been a virgin too long." A million e-dollars to anyone who knows what that's from.

Pryme8
09-30-2008, 10:59 PM
A Home at the End of the World pay up...

Shazza Dani
09-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Shit. Okay, click on this link 1,000,000 times: http://www.edollars.com/

Pryme8
09-30-2008, 11:49 PM
I my just do such...

aces2022
10-02-2008, 02:16 AM
I'm reeatch biotch!!!

Shazza Dani
10-02-2008, 02:30 AM
Charlie Murphy! *punches in face*

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u110/marsha_landis/charlie-murphy.jpg

aces2022
10-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Fuck YO COUCH!!!

phattonez
10-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Aces, you don't have a custom title?

rock_nog
10-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Anyone else looking forward to the VP debate? I know I am - it's shaping up to be the ultimate battle between crazy and stupid. My greatest fear is that one or both candidates will actually show some restraint and ruin the fun.

phattonez
10-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Sorry, can't say that I can. A much more important baseball game is on tonight. Dodgers are looking to take the series lead into Los Angeles and hopefully get a clean sweep in the Divisional Series. That's on at 6 30, and the debate starts well, while the game is going on.

It's a good thing that the VPs don't really matter.

Shazza Dani
10-02-2008, 01:47 PM
I'll probably be watching the debate. Should be good fun.

Majora
10-02-2008, 04:28 PM
It's a good thing that the VPs don't really matter.

You say that now but wait until McCain dies at the wheel from old age and we have Palin as our Commander/dress in Chief

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 06:31 PM
Heh, Palin is going to get owned. I mean, maybe she could hold her own against Obama, because their both "big picture" candidates, but against Biden? No way in hell. That guy know's his stuff.

Shazza Dani
10-02-2008, 08:43 PM
Crap, I forgot about the debate. It starts in 20 minutes, and I was about to start watching a movie. How long is the debate supposed to be?

Majora
10-02-2008, 08:55 PM
Probably between 30-90 minutes, depending on if:

30 minutes: One VP is a complete retard and gets pwnt within 30 minutes
60 minutes: It's a normal debate, give or take 15 minutes
90 minutes: neither will shut up, interrupt each other constantly, and give long drawn-out statements intended to make the other look like a Blood-drinking satanist who eats babies.

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Okay, EARTH TO SARAH PALIN!
First rule of debating: Answer the questions.
Not the one that you wished they asked, but the one they actually asked.
And don't claim that your opponent said things as little as 10 seconds ago that he didn't. We have short term memory. We know he didn't.

Shazza Dani
10-02-2008, 09:26 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/tdrisko/100mwav1.png

This is random… Majora, the quality of your avatar was bothering me so I made this. Use it if you want. O:

Majora
10-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Much obliged, thanks :D

On a slightly irrelevant note: I've been banned from PureZC's chatroom for the fist time evar. I feel speshul... but, in the INTERNETS sorta way.

phattonez
10-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Okay, EARTH TO SARAH PALIN!
First rule of debating: Answer the questions.
Not the one that you wished they asked, but the one they actually asked.
And don't claim that your opponent said things as little as 10 seconds ago that he didn't. We have short term memory. We know he didn't.

You know she's a politician right? ;)

Icey
10-02-2008, 09:36 PM
This debate is boring bs.. and this is coming from someone who watches CSPAN all day. Palin and Biden are not impressing me, Biden stays on track and quotes hard figures, but he's not being agressive enough and Sarah Palin says a lot of flowery things that essentially lack substance but sound good on the surface.

rock_nog
10-02-2008, 09:48 PM
It's the best strategy for each side - Biden doesn't want to look too aggressive because it will generate sympathy for Palin, and by lacking substance, Palin avoids looking like a complete moron. Man, what a letdown, though.

Oh, FFS, I swear, if I hear the word "nucular" again, I'm going to have to smash my TV. ARGH, THAT'S IT! *smash*

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 09:49 PM
GAH! It's pronounced Nuclear. From nucleus. As in, the middle of an atom.
Not...not "Nukular"

EDIT: Rock Nog: beat me to it by five seconds.

rock_nog
10-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Ha, that's hilarious. Yeah, seriously, ugh, like nails on a chalkboard, only worse. Especially with that goddamn accent of hers.

EDIT: Damnit! I had turned off my TV in disgust, decided to risk going back, and the first sentence I hear has the word "nucular" in it.

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 09:57 PM
THERE IT IS AGAIN!

Oh, geez, the accent. Lookin', durn, heck, I mean, put some Gs at the end of your verbs please.

Shazza Dani
10-02-2008, 10:21 PM
The word "nucular" was driving me crazy too. Palin also said "idil" instead of "ideal". O:

rock_nog
10-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Whelp, I'm making my prediction now - Palin wins, because her complete inability to demonstrate a complex understanding of world events is effectively masked by her ability to speak in coherent sentences for a change.

Beldaran
10-02-2008, 10:24 PM
As a group, I've seen you guys post some of the stupidest shit in history. And yet you are criticizing a successful person running for vice president for her accent?

Grow up. Criticize her ideas. Criticize her ridiculous and unbelievably primitive religious ideas. Lay off the "she talks funny!" stupid insults. It only makes those of us with legitimate problems with her ideas seem as petty and ignorant as you.

rock_nog
10-02-2008, 10:30 PM
What the hell's your problem, Beldaran? For Christ's sake, I wasn't saying "She shouldn't be president because of her accent!" It wasn't meant as a goddamn political comment -merely pointing out that it was annoying as hell to have to listen to it. I mean, what, do I have to refrain from all comment on the subject until after the election, lest it be mistakenly perceived as a political comment?

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 10:34 PM
The accent thing only minorly annoys me. The nuclear thing, on the other hand, makes me mad.

Okay, issue wise, I honestly can't judge. Nothing she said had content. She basicly spouted lines from the McCain campaign, even when they blatently flied in the face of the question.

Mind you Biden wasn't much better. He was...competent.

I didn't want to hear the two of them talk about all the great stuff their presidential candidates were going to do. I wanted o hear what they were going to do as VPs.

phattonez
10-02-2008, 10:41 PM
I didn't want to hear the two of them talk about all the great stuff their presidential candidates were going to do. I wanted o hear what they were going to do as VPs.

It's basically whatever the president lets them do. The VP, besides that, has no real responsibilities.

Shazza Dani
10-02-2008, 10:46 PM
The accent thing only minorly annoys me. The nuclear thing, on the other hand, makes me mad.

This. The only things that bothered me were "nucular" and "idil". But that doesn't affect how I view her politically; her anti-gay stance, on the other hand, makes me raaage.

phattonez
10-02-2008, 10:47 PM
So does anyone know what that song is from the new GEICO commercial with the cavemen on motorcycles?

rock_nog
10-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Except, obviously, to fill in if the president keels over or something.

Serious analysis - I think Sarah Palin won. It was just the way the debate was held - she never really said anything substantial, but I think she really did a good job connecting with voters who maybe don't have a completely solid grasp of what goes on in Washington. Time and time again, she took opportunities to distance herself from that, which came off as "See voters, I'm like you. I don't understand what those Washington fat cats are up to. I'm not in on all of that double talk and backstabbing and such."

Biden, I feel, performed competently, but he was at a disadvantage here. Basically, what it comes down to was, his explanations were always more complex than hers, and in that kind of a situation, people are always going to go with the simpler explanation, the one that they can understand more easily and relate to more, even if that explanation is wrong.

That said, I stand by my remarks about her voice. They weren't meant to be political, and they had nothing to do with my feelings about her as a potential vice president. It's just a personal observation, like how John Kerry looks like Herman Munster. I never held that against him as a candidate, but at the same time, that's the way I felt.

Icey
10-02-2008, 11:03 PM
I think it's a load of crap to say Candidate X or Candidate Y "won" the debate. In my opinion, that is meaningless. I think Biden was too constrained, perhaps because if he were his normal adamant self it would come off as being bullyish toward Palin as a woman. There were a lot of times where I thought Biden could have done better, or where he really hammered a point home well then totally negated its effect by saying something like "but I like John McCain". As for Sarah Palin, I do believe she failed to say anything of substance, but like rock nog pointed out she did a great job of making a personal connection to viewers. I am not going to be as elitist as rock nog (reference to people always preferring simplicity that's wrong to complexity that's correct) but I will say that the way she established a kind of rapport with some viewers was certainly effective.

Aegix; don't you live in Canada? Maybe you should have been watching your country's debate, since the candidates there will have many more responsibilities than any VP in the US. The VP does three things: votes in tie-breaking scenarios in the Senate (rare), becomes president if the president dies in office (rare), and gives the president advice (questionable as to the actual extent that Biden and Palin will play this role).

I don't believe, though, that this debate will be changing a lot of undecided voters' minds or have any substantial long run impact. Pretty lackluster, boring, and noninformative. I was hoping for something more like in 04, where Cheney and Edwards both showed that they come from the bottom of the barrel. Seriously, when they just drop any pretense at dignity, it's entertaining.

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Aegix; don't you live in Canada? Maybe you should have been watching your country's debate, since the candidates there will have many more responsibilities than any VP in the US. The VP does three things: votes in tie-breaking scenarios in the Senate (rare), becomes president if the president dies in office (rare), and gives the president advice (questionable as to the actual extent that Biden and Palin will play this role).
...were you talking to me? Aegix hasn't posted in this subject yet.
Nah, I'm in the U.S, and although the VP may not have official power, they do oversee the Senate, as well as give the President advice. And we all have seen how powerful a VP can become. *cough*Cheney*cough*

phattonez
10-02-2008, 11:20 PM
...were you talking to me? Aegix hasn't posted in this subject yet.
Nah, I'm in the U.S, and although the VP may not have official power, they do oversee the Senate

Not really anymore.

, as well as give the President advice. And we all have seen how powerful a VP can become. *cough*Cheney*cough*

Can you give any specific examples?

The Desperado
10-02-2008, 11:29 PM
I think Palin did a decent job. Expectations were set sooooo low for her that it was impossible for her not to look good. And what the McCain campaign needs is a kind, happy, upbeat face to balance out McCains old, wrinkly, boringness. She did what she needed to do for the campaign.

rock_nog
10-02-2008, 11:31 PM
I didn't mean to sound too elitist with my comment about people preferring simpler answers, and I certainly don't mean to imply that a wrong simple answer always wins out over a correct complex answer - it's just that, well, especially in an uncertain situation, people will tend to prefer the simplest explanation.

I'm not saying people are dumb or anything, it's just cognitively speaking, the brain takes a lot of shortcuts in analyzing data (it has to in order to process the huge amounts of data we receive constantly), and sometimes it can reach an incorrect conclusion because of those shortcuts. But basically, at the end of the day, the information that sticks is the information that takes advantage of those shortcuts - the brain spends less time digesting the information, and it's easily connected with data already stored in our brains (and the more connections a piece of information has to other pieces of information, the easier it is to remember that piece of information).

Okay, sorry for the rambling, just trying to explain that I wasn't trying to be insulting or anything, just making a psychological observation.

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 11:35 PM
Can you give any specific examples?

Well, I have my opinions, but for evidence the best summination I can offer comes from the New York Times

Within minutes [after 9/11], Mr. Cheney was directing the government’s response to an attack that was still under way. Within weeks, he was overseeing the surveillance program that tracked suspected terrorist communications into and out of the United States without warrants. Within months, he and his staff, guided by a loyal aide, David S. Addington, were championing the reinterpretation of the rules of war so that they could detain “enemy combatants” and interrogate them at secret detention facilities run by the C.I.A. (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/c/central_intelligence_agency/index.html?inline=nyt-org) around the world.
It was Mr. Cheney and his staff who helped shape the rules under which members of the Taliban (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/t/taliban/index.html?inline=nyt-org) and Al Qaeda (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/reference/timestopics/organizations/a/al_qaeda/index.html?inline=nyt-org) were denied some of the core rights of the Geneva Conventions and would be tried by “military commissions” at Guantánamo Bay — if they faced trial at all.
There is little question that Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney still share the goal of expanding the power of the presidency: legislation they have sent to Congress would essentially allow them to set the rules of evidence, define interrogation techniques and intercept domestic communications as they have for the past five years.

It may be two years old, but I still believe the generalities it lays down hold today.

...however, lets not discuss this here. This is So..., we shouldn't treat it like Think Tank.

phattonez
10-02-2008, 11:36 PM
I didn't mean to sound too elitist with my comment about people preferring simpler answers, and I certainly don't mean to imply that a wrong simple answer always wins out over a correct complex answer - it's just that, well, especially in an uncertain situation, people will tend to prefer the simplest explanation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

The Desperado
10-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Ahhh...Occam's razor. Reminds me of Contact with Jodi Foster and Matthew Machonahy. Good times.

The_Amaster
10-02-2008, 11:38 PM
Occam's Razor is definitly one of my unofficial mottos.

Icey
10-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Yeah, sorry Amaster, I meant you; it can be easy to mix you two up sometimes.

Occam's razor is a good principle but I'm not sure it's really applicable to the first part of rock nog's post (the part you quoted, phattonez). It makes a lot more sense to put that after his second paragraph. In which case I agree.

phattonez
10-02-2008, 11:49 PM
It was really the first part of that quote that it was directed to, but I guess the whole quote would have worked.

Icey
10-03-2008, 12:52 AM
I'd like to point out that almost 20% of phattonez's posts are made in this thread. That's almost 1 in every 5 :o

You gotta do something about your So... addiction, man.

phattonez
10-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Only one cure: 1000 posts in "So...", 109 posts away.

Coincidentally, I have almost 1/5 of the posts in this thread.

rock_nog
10-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of confirmation bias.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Sorry, I should've remembered that word sooner. Though in this case, it's not so much people looking for information that supports what they already believe, but more, they're looking for information that relates to their own thoughts and experiences. It's like - you're less likely to trust an answer to a question if the answer is counterintuitive. I mean, think of relativity or quantum mechanics - part of the reason they're so difficult to understand at first is because they fly in the face of what we experience as reality.

phattonez
10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
I still haven't read through the debate, but I've heard this floating around:

Vice President Cheney has been the most dangerous vice president we've had probably in American history. The idea he doesn't realize that Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the vice president of the United States, that's the Executive Branch. He works in the Executive Branch. He should understand that. Everyone should understand that.

And the primary role of the vice president of the United States of America is to support the president of the United States of America, give that president his or her best judgment when sought, and as vice president, to preside over the Senate, only in a time when in fact there's a tie vote. The Constitution is explicit.

The only authority the vice president has from the legislative standpoint is the vote, only when there is a tie vote. He has no authority relative to the Congress. The idea he's part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney to aggrandize the power of a unitary executive and look where it has gotten us. It has been very dangerous.

Who wants to be constitutional scholar for the day and tell me what's wrong with that?

Icey
10-03-2008, 08:37 PM
If what I'm about to say is what you're thinking, it's nitpicky and not even clear that Biden was wrong. It looks very much to me like he misspoke, which, btw, Palin does as well.

Article II deals with the executive branch, not Article I. BUT, the line that establishes the role for the VP to cast a tie-breaking vote in the Senate and specifically says he has no other voting (legislative) power IS in Article I. So he was probably thinking of that, and then mashed it together with the VP being in the executive department.

If you read the federalist papers, and/or Madison's notes on the Constitutional Convention, it's very clear that the VP is part of the executive branch.

Anyway, the VP does have extra-constitutional powers that have evolved over time, but that's in his role as a party leader, and not established by any formal power or document.

phattonez
10-03-2008, 08:43 PM
From Article One, Section 3, "The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate"

That kinds of goes against "The idea he's part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney to aggrandize the power of a unitary executive and look where it has gotten us."

Icey
10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
No, like I said, the founding fathers were very explicit about the fact that being president of the Senate ONLY means he gets to vote in tie breaking situations, and not that he is part of the legislative branch. The prevailing thought of the time was that to have an official holding stations in more than one branch would be disastrous. The reasoning the convention delegates gave the VP the presidency of the senate/the tie-breaking vote is because if they had given that to any other senator, he would not be allowed to vote in other situations, and they saw this as depriving a state of one representative in all situations that didn't require tie-breaking (this is paraphrasing from James Madison's notes, which I read like three days ago...).

You will note that the VPs only constitutional duty in the legislature is to cast a tie-breaking vote. That is exactly what Biden said.

There has always been a tradition that the VP does not seek to influence legislation at any stage, except to cast that vote. Even though he can handle basic procedural matters, that is usually not even the case - that's why there is a senate president pro tempore

phattonez
10-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Yes, but Biden said that "The idea he's part of the Legislative Branch is a bizarre notion invented by Cheney . . ." The Constitution is very clear that the VP is the president of the Senate, although historically that hasn't really meant much. But Cheney is a part of the Senate, and the Constitution lays it out clearly.

Icey
10-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Okay, I guess it's partly semantics, but I would still say he isn't part of the legislative branch (because of the reasons I stated above).

However it's not even worth it to try and bother defending Biden's statements, it's not like he hasn't said anything ludicruously factually inaccurate before (e.g. talking about President FDR going on TV in 1929... two things wrong with that)

phattonez
10-04-2008, 01:07 AM
My two favorites from Biden are that he was in the middle of gunfire while in Iraq and that his plane or helicopter that he was riding in had to make an emergency landing because they were being shot at. The emergency landing was because of weather.

Btw, Icey, I really do agree with you, the VP really isn't a part of the legislative branch, but to say that it's "a bizarre notion invented by Cheney" is unrealistic.

Icey
10-04-2008, 03:19 AM
but to say that it's "a bizarre notion invented by Cheney" is unrealistic.

Oh yeah, I agree. Expansion of VP duties has been going on for a long time before Cheney, he's just consolidated some of those gains.

Did we scare people off from so? I hope not. Remember - if this discussion is not interesting to you, you could always randomly start talking about pizza. That's how this thread works :p

The_Amaster
10-04-2008, 08:49 AM
...Pizza! Pizza is good. Yeah...yeah, had some mediocre frozen pepperoni last night.

Also, anyone who was kinda interested in that haunted house stuff I was talking about a few weeks ago; I'll have some photos later today.

rock_nog
10-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Aww crap - I just realized that it's the weekend, and I haven't made any plans. Damnit, now I don't know what to do with this weekend.

Nicholas Steel
10-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Play Zelda Classic? that IS why you visit this forum right? ;)

phattonez
10-04-2008, 11:27 AM
Aww crap - I just realized that it's the weekend, and I haven't made any plans. Damnit, now I don't know what to do with this weekend.

You could learn to love baseball. This weekend could be unprecedented in the playoffs. There are 4 series going on right now, and we could have 4 sweeps in the first round. The Cubs, who haven't won a World Series in 100 years may get swept in the first round by the Dodgers, the Phillies may sweep the Brewers who have never won the World Series (and this is their first time in the playoffs since 1982), the Rays may sweep the White Sox (this is the Rays first time in the playoffs), and the Red Sox may sweep the Angels once again, making it 12 straight postseason losses for the Angels against the Red Sox.

rock_nog
10-04-2008, 11:41 AM
Ugh, watching sports... *groan*. I just can't do it.

phattonez
10-04-2008, 11:47 AM
How about sleep instead?

Beldaran
10-04-2008, 02:48 PM
My problem is I am so interested in so many things, that it is a challenge just to choose what to do. I can't understand a person who can't think of anything to do with their life.

rock_nog
10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
See, that's how I always end up in this situation. I have a large list of things I would like to do, but I dunno, I guess I get a little ADD and any time I start on one project or activity or whatever, I get to thinking maybe I should be doing something else instead. So in the end, it's impossible for me to reach any kind of real decision, because no matter what I'm doing, I'm distracted by the thought of doing something else.

Russ
10-04-2008, 03:05 PM
I've got me whole weekend planned out. Homework, homework, and more homework. I hate homework!

Shazza Dani
10-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Today I have to go shopping for my mom. Fun fun. Then I think tonight I might work on ZQuest for a change. I was browsing the ZC forums yesterday and I got a little inspired to work on something.

phattonez
10-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Today I have to go shopping for my mom. Fun fun. Then I think tonight I might work on ZQuest for a change. I was browsing the ZC forums yesterday and I got a little inspired to work on something.

Inspiration is a nasty mistress. You'll want to start and then you'll never even finish a dungeon.

Shazza Dani
10-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Haha. I know that. I've been toying with Zelda Classic for years and I never finished anything satisfactory.

phattonez
10-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I once had an idea for a quest. I did about 4 overworld screens and maybe 7 dungeon screens. It's too much work if you're not committed to finishing it.

Russ
10-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Tell me about it. I'm a co-author of a quest that's highly anticipated over at Pure, and I can't even focus long enough to make two dang screens at a time. :(

phattonez
10-04-2008, 04:32 PM
We'll have to ask Pineconn how he does it. Especially with the many screens that he does.

Majora
10-04-2008, 05:30 PM
I've been working on my quest off and on for about four years now... went from a tiny little classic graphic'd speck to a monster that just keeps growing.... Master Hand Battle, anyone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9rYDcEQ4L0)?

Shazza Dani
10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
So I was thinking I should buy coloured contact lenses. My eyes aren't nearly as grey as I'd like them to be… >.>

rock_nog
10-04-2008, 06:09 PM
I think you've been playing too much D&D, mighty_darknut.

http://www.rpgmp3.com/downloads/data/av-deadalewives-dnd-part-1-stream.mp3

Shazza Dani
10-04-2008, 06:15 PM
I don't play D&D. O:

The_Amaster
10-04-2008, 06:34 PM
My ZC problem is that every time I think I've got it planned out, they go and add a new feature or script that I just "have to have". Like, I scrapped my entire ninth dungeon and restarted so I could work the Magnetic Gloves in.

Shazza Dani
10-04-2008, 06:38 PM
That's [one of the reasons] why I'm not using v2.5.

phattonez
10-04-2008, 06:40 PM
I've been working on my quest off and on for about four years now... went from a tiny little classic graphic'd speck to a monster that just keeps growing.... Master Hand Battle, anyone (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9rYDcEQ4L0)?

How is that possible? Was Link jumping?

Shazza Dani
10-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Roc's Feather is in v2.5…

Majora
10-04-2008, 06:46 PM
and so are Freeform Combos, Scripting, the latter which allows clearing Link's inventory and leaving him with Feather, Bombs, Arrows, and Boomerang ala SSBx :>

Or maybe get a slightly more complex script where L is the jump button or something.

Pineconn
10-05-2008, 02:33 PM
We'll have to ask Pineconn how he does it. Especially with the many screens that he does.

I've been trying to make an EoT remake lately... I just can't do it anymore. I don't know how I made LttH. I think it was because I had no life then.

Majora
10-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I'm gonna go start a topic that is semi relevant to the past few posts in here and score two free posts while I'm at it.

Russ
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
I've been trying to make an EoT remake lately... I just can't do it anymore. I don't know how I made LttH. I think it was because I had no life then.
If it makes you feel better, I can't either. We both saw how horrible my results were. Does that mean I don't have to make the bosses for it anymore?

Anyways, has anybody seen An American Carol? That movie was hilarious. There's one part where Michael Moore is talking to this girl scout. He says "And what's that badge for?" And she answers "It's for politeness, being polite to fat ugly traitorous sacks of shit." That movie was hilarious!

rock_nog
10-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I don't see movies in the theater that often, but if I go, I'd rather see "Religulous."

phattonez
10-06-2008, 03:35 PM
I don't see movies in the theater that often, but if I go, I'd rather see "Religulous."

One man shows that he's smarter than all of these random people he meets. Good for him. Personally, I'd rather not feed Bill Maher's ego, he already annoys the hell out of me.

rock_nog
10-06-2008, 03:44 PM
His ego is what's so funny. I mean it's like, no matter how wrong he is, no matter how crazy he's being, he's convinced he's right. It's mostly why I enjoy him.

Shazza Dani
10-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I just watched the trailer for Religulous. It seems kind of dumb, but I'll probably watch it once it gets leaked on the webz.

phattonez
10-06-2008, 04:16 PM
I'd still rather see An American Carol. I'm pissed at Michael Moore because it seems that he hates Cuban Americans. He blatantly lies about healthcare in Cuba in SiCKO and then there's this:

In his 1997 best-selling book Downsize This!, Moore wrote about Miami's Cuban exiles as "always present and involved... in every incident of national torment that has deflated our country for the past three decades," including as examples the Kennedy assassination, Watergate, Iran-Contra and the drug-abuse epidemic. Moore has also referred to Cuban exiles as "Batista supporters" and "wimps" who were wrong not to immediately send home child-boater Elián González. Regarding that controversy, Moore called Elián's mother a child abuser for taking the boy to sea. The comments incited angered responses from Cuban exiles.

Russ
10-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I'd still rather see An American Carol. I'm pissed at Michael Moore because it seems that he hates Cuban Americans. He blatantly lies about healthcare in Cuba in SiCKO and then there's this:
You'd love An Americac Carol then. The second scene is a big spoof on his whole "Cuban healthcare" thing.

phattonez
10-06-2008, 08:30 PM
That scene deserves spoofing. It was just fodder for Cuban propaganda.

rock_nog
10-06-2008, 08:41 PM
You don't need a whole movie just to make fun of Michael Moore.

http://mooreisfatduhimstoopidilikeanncoulterandchickenfri es.ytmnd.com/

Majora
10-06-2008, 09:52 PM
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s299/Taco_Chopper/theworldaccordingtoamericans.jpg

Pineconn
10-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Lol, where's Africa? ;)

Wow. In other news, gas is plummeting.

phattonez
10-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Africa is the place where we donate a lot of money.

I haven't really noticed, I don't really use gas now that I'm back in school.

In other news, the championship series are set. Red Sox vs. Rays (these two could be developing a rivalry) and Dodgers vs. Phillies.

I really want to see the Rays vs. the Dodgers, but a Red Sox vs. Dodgers World Series would be amazing for baseball.

Shazza Dani
10-07-2008, 12:52 AM
*changes topic*

PANCAKES ARE TERRIBLE. WHO AGREES?

Modus Ponens
10-07-2008, 03:50 AM
What the fuck ever! Pancakes are so fucking awesome! Get real. Sometimes I go to IHOP in the middle of the Goddamn night and get pancakes because they're incredible. So shut your filthy mouth plzkthx.

rock_nog
10-07-2008, 07:37 AM
Oh, shut up about IHOP. The other day I had an IHOP craving, only to realize that I am trapped in an IHOP-free zone. Seriously, none for miles. I ended up giving up and making my own pancakes - which were very, very tasty, but it was still a lot more work than I was willing to invest into pancakes.

Pryme8
10-07-2008, 11:09 AM
crapes > pancakes...

we took the best parts of Africa and brought them to America (unwillingly well maybe some of them wanted to come... then they got here) thats why its not on the map, we took care of that many many years ago...

rock_nog
10-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Frick... Went out without my umbrella this morning... As a puddle forms around me, I'm really beginning to regret that decision.

phattonez
10-07-2008, 12:59 PM
In other news, it's always sunny in Southern California.

Pryme8
10-07-2008, 01:04 PM
It seemed to be sunny the last couple years in Northern Cali too...

phattonez
10-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Everywhere except San Francisco which is eternally masked from the sun.

rock_nog
10-07-2008, 01:44 PM
*shiver shiver* Rotten Californians...

Modus Ponens
10-07-2008, 02:05 PM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

phattonez
10-07-2008, 02:41 PM
I've been there twice. It was nice one day, the other day it was raining.

Yes rock_nog, many people are jealous of California.

Prrkitty
10-07-2008, 03:36 PM
It's currently sunny here where I am in Oregon. But! Just wait 5 minutes... it "could" start raining anytime :)

rock_nog
10-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, things aren't all bad up here in Minnesota - the reason I came here in the first place was because Minnesota actually has seasons, as opposed to south Texas. And besides, it's a good excuse to not really do anything and bust out the comfort food, you know. It's just when you actually have to go somewhere, then the weather becomes a problem.

phattonez
10-07-2008, 04:01 PM
This thread now has 4900 posts. And it's still sunny in Southern California.

But it's freaking cold in this room. 68 degrees: and it's perfect.

Majora
10-07-2008, 04:13 PM
*changes topic*

PANCAKES ARE TERRIBLE. WHO AGREES?

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

PANCAKES ARE AWESOME.

SHUT THY BLASPHEMING ASPARAGHUS HOLE (as opposed to pie-hole which wouldn't make sense as anything you eat is at the literal bottom of the food chain and pie has things higher than the bottom, and "vegan" pie in itself is blasphemy against everything pastry which is meant to have MILK in it)

Note: IE decided to be a fucking cock and crash while I tried to post this before so what I had then sounded a hell of a lot better than what's here now.

ALSO, before anyone says anything:

1) This post was gonna be a GB topic but it's not bitchy enough
2) I'm not serious, or at least, about everything minus the "PANCAKES ARE AWESOME" part, cuz they are.

EDIT: FIRST POST OF PAGE 50 FUCK YEA!

Modus Ponens
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
Maybe it's page 50 for you, but it's 197 for me.

phattonez
10-07-2008, 04:27 PM
No one else finds a happy medium with 40 posts per page? 100 just loads to slowly, and 20 doesn't give you enough.

Pryme8
10-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I leave forum default...

page 197 for me...

Shazza Dani
10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
This thread now has 4900 posts. And it's still sunny in Southern California.

But it's freaking cold in this room. 68 degrees: and it's perfect.

68 is too cold for me. It happens to be below 68 outside right now, and I'm preparing to walk to take long, two-hour walk. D: But with a jacket it shouldn't be too bad. If I'm not back before it gets dark, send Han Solo on a Tonton!

phattonez
10-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Two hour walk? Where are you going?

rock_nog
10-07-2008, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm201/macweirdo42/churchsign.jpg

Shazza Dani
10-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Two hour walk? Where are you going?

Grocery store. I just got home. I didn't end up walking the entire way though… I just had a very awkward experience.

I was about halfway there and some guy offered to give me a ride up this big hill (the store is at the top of the hill). So I took the offer, but he turned out to be really creepy. I'm 19, and he was at least in his late-30s, and he was trying to hit on me. I started to get a little scared, but we got to the store and he dropped me off and didn't try to harass me or anything. So all is well, I suppose.

Icey
10-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Grocery store. I just got home. I didn't end up walking the entire way though… I just had a very awkward experience.

I was about halfway there and some guy offered to give me a ride up this big hill (the store is at the top of the hill). So I took the offer, but he turned out to be really creepy. I'm 19, and he was at least in his late-30s, and he was trying to hit on me. I started to get a little scared, but we got to the store and he dropped me off and didn't try to harass me or anything. So all is well, I suppose.

Pics.

lol. well, if he didn't do anything, I guess he couldn't have been that bad. Yeah, I wouldn't take a ride from any random person... and I'm a dude. Don't you remember your parents warning you about old guys in white vans offering candy?

Shazza Dani
10-07-2008, 08:28 PM
I know it's a risk taking rides from strangers, but I've done it a few times. I'll probably be more reluctant to do so in the future now.

Pryme8
10-07-2008, 08:33 PM
find any Mexican, and ask them for money... say you are stranded and you need some gas to get somewhere.... I made my girlfriend one time, and she pulled $150 bucks outta like three of them

Shazza Dani
10-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Uhm… I don't see many mexicans around Monroeville Pennsylvania.

phattonez
10-07-2008, 08:42 PM
I don't see many people who have ever heard of Monroeville, Pennsylvania. How far is that from Pittsbugh or Philadelphia?

ShadowTiger
10-07-2008, 08:49 PM
(Don't let this distract you from the topic at hand. I just felt like posting something I just wrote in like, a minute out of boredom. I won't vouch for their accuracy at all.)

There once was a mage named Medivh,
Who on every fortnight would leave
To fix his mistake,
So his mother he'd break,
Till he went on terminal leave.

There once was an Orc youth named Thrall,
Who dared the unbridled raw gall
To make the orcs bold
To take down Durnholde
So yeah, the Shaman had a ball.

Shazza Dani
10-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I don't see many people who have ever heard of Monroeville, Pennsylvania. How far is that from Pittsbugh or Philadelphia?

It's a suburb of Pittsburgh. I was actually born in the city and moved to the suburbs when I was 13.

phattonez
10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Nice, so you should be a Pirates fan. It's just too bad you haven't seen a winning team in 16 years.

Shazza Dani
10-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Haha. Maybe if I cared about sports… but I don't. D: I just like the name of the team, 'cause pirates are awesome.

Pryme8
10-07-2008, 09:41 PM
ninjas are better... there needs to be a pro team named the NINJAS

The_Amaster
10-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Isn't there a team of something or other called the Vikings.

rock_nog
10-07-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah, they're the football team here in Minnesota.

Russ
10-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I've discovered that the longer you go without posting in this thread, the harder it gets to post in it. Am I just going crazy, or is this normal?

The_Amaster
10-07-2008, 10:20 PM
It happens. You just gotta take the plunge, get back into the flow.

erm2003
10-07-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree. I don't post in here as often as many of you but when I do I usually can get a couple more in within a day or two.

Majora
10-08-2008, 07:53 AM
#292 + (89314) - [X]
A preoccupied vegan named Hugh
picked up the wrong sandwich to chew.
He took a big bite
before spitting, in fright,
"OMG, WTF, BBQ!"

rock_nog
10-08-2008, 08:07 AM
There was a lady named Bright,
Who traveled much faster than light,
She went out one day
In a Relative way,
And returned the previous night.

Russ
10-08-2008, 10:44 AM
Wow, poetry!

Anyways, well, I've got nothing to say. Let's start another debate.

Pie, or cake?

rock_nog
10-08-2008, 10:48 AM
Well, the cake is a lie, so it's gotta be pie.

Pryme8
10-08-2008, 11:19 AM
they should make a combination of pie and cake... o_O i think it would take the pieke to over come the prowess of a pie...

Modus Ponens
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
I dreamed last night that I met moocow in person, who was named something like "Alyssa" in real life, and lived in New Orleans.

Pryme8
10-08-2008, 02:03 PM
you spend way to much time on this website then...

Trevelyan_06
10-08-2008, 02:39 PM
I dreamed last night that I met moocow in person, who was named something like "Alyssa" in real life, and lived in New Orleans.

That would be Moo's evil twin.

Russ
10-08-2008, 02:43 PM
you spend way to much time on this website then...
Hey, I've had dreams about this site before. Once, I had a dream that Pineconn was an evil scientist who planned do blow up the world by implanting some kind of bomb in the file for his new ZC quest, which would be downloaded all over the world. :D

rock_nog
10-08-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey, I've had dreams about this site before. Once, I had a dream that Pineconn was an evil scientist who planned do blow up the world by implanting some kind of bomb in the file for his new ZC quest, which would be downloaded all over the world. :D
Actually, I'm not so sure that was a dream.

Pineconn
10-08-2008, 02:56 PM

That's all part of my master plan! Wahahaha!

First, the implementation of Pineconn Dollars that will cause the AGN Market to crash! Wahahaha!

Then all Link to the Heavens files will become corrupt on New Year's Day and cause your computers to explode! Wahahaha!

And nobody can stop me! WAHAHAHAAAA!

(Except an admin, I guess...)

Russ
10-08-2008, 02:58 PM
But Pineconn, if that happens, the value of Pineconn dollars will drop amazingly! Then, my currency shall be supreme! I made you think you had a diabolical plan to further my plan! Mwa ha ha!

Shazza Dani
10-08-2008, 03:00 PM
I propose a universal form of currency… We'll call it June Carter Cash. D:>

Russ
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
I purpose it be called "The AGN Dollar". Something simplistic, easy to remember, and in no way onvolving Pineconn. :)

Trevelyan_06
10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
I purpose it be called "The AGN Dollar". Something simplistic, easy to remember, and in no way onvolving Pineconn. :)

I propose that the AGN dollar be made out of hard candy. This allows the money to have value, be a tasty treat, and makes it easy to adjust for inflatation. If too much currency is released, some of it merely gets eaten thusly combating inflation.

Russ
10-08-2008, 03:41 PM
I second that notion! The candy coin!

Pineconn
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
I veto that notion. Can I veto it? No. Am I going to anyway? Yes.

From now on, everyone must pay with Pineconn Dollars. No exceptions. Else, you will be arrested by my legion of electro-robo-psycho-tele-kinetic droids.

Russ
10-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Wait a second, I though Amaster was the one with the army of robots. :confuse2:

Anyways, face it Pineconn, one person will never be able to dominate the AGN market. So sad, too bad.

On a side note, has anybody seen thos Brawl cards that are starting to become popular? It's like a card showing your Brawl information as well as an RPG system. Example:
http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards/gigfhw0p.pngClick here to level up my card! (http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/levelup.php?18753)

Think it will ever become one of those things that everybody puts in their sigs all over the internet?

Majora
10-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Wow, poetry!

Anyways, well, I've got nothing to say. Let's start another debate.

Pie, or cake?

There once was a buggy AI
Who decided her subject should die.
When the plot was uncovered,
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie.

ShadowTiger
10-08-2008, 04:46 PM
So This (http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/headlines/H_3585/H_3585_28.jpg) is a critical side effect of overcensoring things. GG.

Also, 39 Cents (http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/headlines/H_3585/H_3585_44.jpg) isn't bad for a bagel.

rock_nog
10-08-2008, 04:55 PM
I generally try to avoid Christian news sites, but seeing that article, I might have to change my position on that.

The_Amaster
10-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Pineconn's army is composed primarily of my v 3.6 b17 Auto-Lock Destruction Walkers, which I sold him for cheap because I just finished version 3.6 b24, now with increased terrain destability adaption capabilities. Naturally, this makes them far more effective on the battlefield, and so when Pineconn begins his assault, I will wait till he has conquered everyone and then take him down. :sb:

rock_nog
10-08-2008, 05:29 PM
Your robots may be able to kill, Amaster42, but are they able to love?

The_Amaster
10-08-2008, 05:33 PM
I tried...with a robot code-named J.U.A.N
But every night he lies in his little metal house, crying little metal tears, because the one thing...the only thing I couldn't make out of circutry...was love.

...unless you mean like my Harembots? Those work fine.

Russ
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
After looking at the options, I think I'm siding with Amaster rather than Pineconn. Although Pineconn's plan is well crafter, Amaster's army is cleary superior.

Shazza Dani
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
So have you guys seen those Brawler Card things in "people's" signatures? Aren't they sooo laaame?

Russ
10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Look at the two posts directly above yours. :)

Shazza Dani
10-08-2008, 06:09 PM
That's what I was referencing… Either I'm not funny, or you don't appreciate my humour. =[

Russ
10-08-2008, 06:30 PM
I just didn't catch it. :)

Majora
10-08-2008, 06:42 PM
I will now kill mighty_darknut for besmirching the concept of humor. Prepare to be slain, miscreant at the edge of my blade!

Oh, and pick me up a gallon of milk on the way would ye? Non of that soy carp, good ol' hearty real normal milk.

[/nonsensical]

Hey, I encourage people to take jabs at me too so that I don't come off as a complete douchebag D:

rock_nog
10-08-2008, 06:44 PM
This is the Internet! All instances of douche-baggery are therefore to be taken very seriously, because we all know that the Internet is serious business.

Pineconn
10-08-2008, 06:49 PM
This is the Internet! All instances of douche-baggery are therefore to be taken very seriously, because we all know that the Internet is serious business.

What? Are you kidding me? How can you say that the Internet is serious? I have no idea what you are talking about. People are ALWAYS playing practical jokes on the Internet, and I simply cannot understand how you think the Internet is serious!

[/sarcasm]

In other news, my life has gotten a million times better in the last few days.

The_Amaster
10-08-2008, 06:51 PM
I can imagine. A brand new, if slightly outmoded robot army will make anyone feel good.

Modus Ponens
10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
[/nonsensical]

I miss that guy.

phattonez
10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
I can't believe that all of these posts went on without me. I guess So... will live on even if I'm not here to take care of it.

Also, mighty_darknut, your name is June Carter?

Shazza Dani
10-08-2008, 08:42 PM
Also, mighty_darknut, your name is June Carter?

xD No… That would be cool though.

phattonez
10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I think I'm lost here then. Who's June Carter?

Shazza Dani
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Haha. She would be the woman who married Johnny Cash.

phattonez
10-08-2008, 08:48 PM
The 1st or the 2nd one? I'm just going off of Dewey Cox here, I never saw all of Walk the Line.

That said, Phattonez dollars still reign supreme around these parts.

rock_nog
10-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Damnit, I'm slowly coming to develop an incredible love-hate relationship with Double Dragon. On the one hand, I hate how the later stages turn from beating the crap out of everyone to weird platforming in a cave. On the other hand, I'm desperate to beat my high score so that Fred Savage can burst into my apartment and shout "50,000!? You got 50,000 on Double Dragon!?"

Shazza Dani
10-08-2008, 08:50 PM
June Carter was his second wife. You should totally see Walk the Line! I love that movie, and Joaquin Phoenix is aaamazing. <3

phattonez
10-08-2008, 08:51 PM
There's no way that I would be able to take it seriously after watching Dewey Cox.

Majora
10-08-2008, 09:59 PM

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/5/12/21/majoraswrath1/f_11981792776m_293098d.jpg

Aegix Drakan
10-08-2008, 09:59 PM
Pfft! Amaster and Pineconn, you can keep your robots!

:P I have Sonic and Tails on my payroll. Whatever Sonic doesn't shred, Tails will reverse engineer against you. Your robots are finished.

...I also have my own legion of stole-*cough* uh...commandeered Eggman robots that I've been upgrading with my weapons of choice... They are now plated with Proper armor, covered in rubber, and have laser rifles for tanks and stuff and conventional machine guns for those pesky anti-energy shields. ...And I have my impregnable bunker. With shrink rays. >: D

...Oh. And I have a tribe of dragons I can call on for aerial support.

I think the world is safe from our two resident madmen. And I've read "the 100 things to do if I become an evil overlord", so I'm ready for any tricks they have up their sleeves. :sly:

...also, the idea of a candy currency is not a good plan... :o I'd end up eating all of it, and then we'd have an internet wide recession!

I'd post here a bit more, but my new supervisor at work is, (surprise surpise) my old one from my first project. ...He SAYS he doesn't care if he mess around or not, as long as work gets done (and that if we just slack off it'll catch up to us eventually, and THEN we'll be in trouble), but then he contradicts that by jumping down the throats of anyone who doesn't appear to be working at 100%. You can appear to be messing around (but actually working, or hell, even THINKING) for less than a minute, and then he comes up and says "Hey! Get to work man! I can't accept this!". If you aren't working EXACLTY when the break is over, he gets REALLY pissed. It's hard to surf the whole forum in my short breaks, AND make posts, when I'm worried that I'll juust run out of time, and at one second past break, he'll be on my back.

...I really just don't like how he runs things... >_>. My first EVER supervisor was cool. My most recent one was OK too. He kept us in line without having to pressure us.

*sigh*

Pryme8
10-08-2008, 10:03 PM
I have an idea... you guys get a rope about eight feet long, then tie it one side to something that wont move, and the other to your neck then jump out the window of a two story building...

The_Amaster
10-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Pssshaw, Aegix, I've reverse engineered Robotnik's robots, and they're far more inefficient than my own. The power-routing system alone is so convoluted that you lose valuable energy constantly. Not to mention the brittle metal exoskeleton caused by improper treatment of the metal.

You may be able to stop the Auto-Lock Destruction Walkers, but I'm finishing up my elite, the Agile Foil Dynamic Motion Slicers. Equipped with both anti-energy and anti-projectile shields through my new innovative method of projecting a positron-antiquark field, they can run at speeds of up to 60 mph, and are equipped with narrow blades that they can wield faster than the eye can see. I think I'm alright *smug*

Majora
10-08-2008, 10:16 PM
I have an idea... you guys get a rope about eight feet long, then tie it one side to something that wont move, and the other to your neck then jump out the window of a two story building...

Such a feat is risky, you should donate your time and be a noose tester so that we can all be assured of using top quality rope for said feat.

Pryme8
10-08-2008, 10:33 PM
oh don't worry, if you are willing to do this feat, I will show up at your house with the best grade rope already stress tested...

and ill have a couple of cameras to record it all for fame and everlasting envy of you...

Russ
10-09-2008, 12:20 AM
Pfft! Amaster and Pineconn, you can keep your robots!

:P I have Sonic and Tails on my payroll. Whatever Sonic doesn't shred, Tails will reverse engineer against you. Your robots are finished.

...I also have my own legion of stole-*cough* uh...commandeered Eggman robots that I've been upgrading with my weapons of choice... They are now plated with Proper armor, covered in rubber, and have laser rifles for tanks and stuff and conventional machine guns for those pesky anti-energy shields. ...And I have my impregnable bunker. With shrink rays. >: D

...Oh. And I have a tribe of dragons I can call on for aerial support.

I think the world is safe from our two resident madmen. And I've read "the 100 things to do if I become an evil overlord", so I'm ready for any tricks they have up their sleeves. :sly:

Pssshaw, Aegix, I've reverse engineered Robotnik's robots, and they're far more inefficient than my own. The power-routing system alone is so convoluted that you lose valuable energy constantly. Not to mention the brittle metal exoskeleton caused by improper treatment of the metal.

You may be able to stop the Auto-Lock Destruction Walkers, but I'm finishing up my elite, the Agile Foil Dynamic Motion Slicers. Equipped with both anti-energy and anti-projectile shields through my new innovative method of projecting a positron-antiquark field, they can run at speeds of up to 60 mph, and are equipped with narrow blades that they can wield faster than the eye can see. I think I'm alright *smug*
You two are both forgeting that I have kids with psycic powers and one that can not only create robots, by reprogram your remotely to self destruct. And if that doesn't work, I have other plans... :sly:

phattonez
10-09-2008, 12:56 AM
^^Bottle rockets?

The Desperado
10-09-2008, 01:16 AM
On the other hand, I'm desperate to beat my high score so that Fred Savage can burst into my apartment and shout "50,000!? You got 50,000 on Double Dragon!?"

I love that movie. Its so corny you have to love it.

However, just to be annoying Im going to ask a very serious question about it. If i recall, the little kid is playing Double Dragon as an arcade game, not on an NES. Is this just the movie director being ignorant toward gaming or was Double Dragon a port from an arcade game that I just never saw?

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 01:25 AM
*wikipedia: Double Dragon*

Platform(s): Arcade, Amiga, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, Atari 2600, Atari 7800, Atari Lynx, Cellular Phones, Commodore 64, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, Game Gear, NES, PC, Sega Mega Drive, Sega Master System, TurboGrafx-16, ZX Spectrum, Mobile, Xbox Live Arcade, Virtual Console

erm2003
10-09-2008, 06:45 AM
I am posting simply because I want to start page 200. I know you guys will probably get this thread up to 5000 posts today while I am working. This thread owns.

rock_nog
10-09-2008, 08:08 AM
For the record, yes, Double Dragon was originally an arcade game, later ported to the NES. However, it doesn't stop there.

Actually, it gets very confusing - see, he was playing Double Dragon in the arcade, but if you notice, he was playing the NES version of Double Dragon (the NES port had lower-quality graphics due to hardware limitations), which means he was playing it on the PlayChoice-10, an arcade game that featured 10 NES games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayChoice-10

Pryme8
10-09-2008, 10:44 AM
omg I used to own an Amiga... and a commodore 64...

phattonez
10-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I am posting simply because I want to start page 200. I know you guys will probably get this thread up to 5000 posts today while I am working. This thread owns.

Don't tell them, I want it for myself. :hourglas:

rock_nog
10-09-2008, 01:51 PM
Well, I had a fun morning hauling a trashcan out of a lake. Our bio class went down to a local lake (more of a pond, really) to investigate and look for organisms to study. Our group went down to the dock to see what we could find, and our net caught on something in the water. We pulled it up to the surface, and saw that it was a big park trashcan. So, we ended up dragging the thing around the dock, toward the shore, because it was just too damn heavy to lift straight out. After much effort, we finally managed to get it into shallow water and from there were able to drag it onto the shore.

My question is, who goes around throwing trashcans into lakes, honestly?

phattonez
10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
For the record, yes, Double Dragon was originally an arcade game, later ported to the NES. However, it doesn't stop there.

Actually, it gets very confusing - see, he was playing Double Dragon in the arcade, but if you notice, he was playing the NES version of Double Dragon (the NES port had lower-quality graphics due to hardware limitations), which means he was playing it on the PlayChoice-10, an arcade game that featured 10 NES games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayChoice-10

I just want to say this:

Damn you for making me watch The Wizard this morning. ;)

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
http://www.jobeaufoix.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/joaquin_phoenix.jpg

I'll just leave this here.

Majora
10-09-2008, 04:10 PM
:) (http://img40.picoodle.com/img/img40/5/11/23/majoraswrath1/f_MajorasWitcm_055e109.jpg)

Modus Ponens
10-09-2008, 09:06 PM
:) (http://img40.picoodle.com/img/img40/5/11/23/majoraswrath1/f_MajorasWitcm_055e109.jpg)

TL;DR

phattonez
10-09-2008, 09:13 PM
I'll just leave this here.

Please, take him away. Too metrosexual.

Majora
10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
TL;DR

I lack knowledge of acronyms/abbreviations. :<

Please, take him away. Too metrosexual.

I CONCUR, but then again mighty_darknut tends to post images mainly of males who look like females (or close to it).

also, the following is irrelevant

There once was a maid from Madras
Who had a magnificent ass.
Not rounded and pink,
as you'd possibly think;
It was gray, had long ears, and ate grass.

phattonez
10-09-2008, 09:39 PM
I lack knowledge of acronyms/abbreviations. :<

tl;dr means too long; didn't read.

I CONCUR, but then again mighty_darknut tends to post images mainly of males who look like females (or close to it).

Luckily I've missed all but this one.

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 09:40 PM

You just opened a can of sexy worms. ;]

http://a447.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/3/l_a3060bbdfd4c515262f3d46e1ab9278e.jpg

phattonez
10-09-2008, 09:44 PM
Please tell me that's not a man.

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 09:45 PM
But it is. O:

Majora
10-09-2008, 09:57 PM
the jaw line and some subtle facial features (and the neck too) give it away.

EDIT: Also

OH CHRIST WHAT HAVE I DONE! THIS IS WORSE THAN HIGHSCHOOL MUSICAL.

:googly::googly::googly::confused::scared::confuse d::googly::confused::scared::mad::googly::scared:: confused:

tl;dr means too long; didn't read.

Ye want something long? My next post will be long, break the per-post-character limit several times too, and BE RELEVANT.

And in case ye missed it, the :) was a link in that other post.

Pryme8
10-09-2008, 09:58 PM
that girl has something in her eye

Pineconn
10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Just to let you guys know, I'm going to post this thread's 5000th post.

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
http://a819.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/80/l_a647861b64c96165032d16eb66dcdd1a.jpg

Pryme8
10-09-2008, 10:00 PM
I just drank 5 huge cups of orange juice... my class tired me out...

with the pulp... mmm meal in a cup

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Five huge cups of orange juice… That's, like, probably over 1000 calories. O:O:O:

Pryme8
10-09-2008, 10:02 PM
good, I hope it helps my bulging muscles rebuild ^_^ haha jk... I really do hope it is that much though, if so Im gonna drink them again when I wake up

phattonez
10-09-2008, 10:03 PM
Why? Why must men try to look like women? Also, s/he really needs to get a better shave.

Shazza Dani
10-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Hold...