PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

moocow
06-10-2007, 04:09 PM
I need to get over this wretched hangover and figure out what I'm going to do with this beautiful Sunday.

I haven't done a damn thing all day. Fucking hangovers. You know how I cure mine? Pepsi and crackers/toast. Don't know why or how it works, but it does. And we don't have Pepsi because my mom randomly decided to stop drinking it. So I feel really icky.

Fuck.

And a couple cops wanted to arrest me last night because I wasn't walking straight. Fuckers.

Darth Marsden
06-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I haven't done a damned thing all week - just sit in my room and watch Smallville all day long - -=SPOILER=- The only other things I've done are continuing the job search, obviously. I am so very, very bored. I need employment before I go out of my mind.

rock_nog
06-10-2007, 06:33 PM
Personally, I like a combination of tomato soup and gatorade, myself. It's kinda funny how we all develop our own personal hangover rituals. But man, I'm gonna have to cut back... Getting too damn old for this. I mean, I used to be able to drink straight through the night and wake up fine... Now it seems I can't have more than a couple drinks without feeling like shit the next day.

Pineconn
06-10-2007, 10:30 PM
Soft drinks are very unhealthy, in a direct and legitimate way. It's an ineffective panacea to just say "everything is basically unhealthy", because it's not true. Eating a balanced diet that contains fresh fruit and vegetables and excercising is not unhealthy.

Long-term exercise can lead to health problems such as joint pain, arthritis, etc. Most fruits are full of sugar and can contain a variety of worms. And for vegetables, remember the spinach recall?

Okay, so obviously eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly is not unhealthy, but can be to some extent due to freak occurrences. ;)

Didja know that there is a whole load of nifty vB code? (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode)

Dechipher
06-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Personally, I like a combination of tomato soup and gatorade, myself. It's kinda funny how we all develop our own personal hangover rituals. But man, I'm gonna have to cut back... Getting too damn old for this. I mean, I used to be able to drink straight through the night and wake up fine... Now it seems I can't have more than a couple drinks without feeling like shit the next day.

To fight off hangovers, I just drink as much water as I do alcohol, and wait til it starts to wear off before I go to bed...

phattonez
06-11-2007, 12:26 AM
To fight off hangovers, I just drink as much water as I do alcohol, and wait til it starts to wear off before I go to bed...

That's kind of tough to do if you drink a lot of alcohol. I usually just drink a few glasses of water and go to sleep. I have a bad habit of falling asleep with my shoes on whenever I go to sleep, stupid Bacardi.

Glenn the Great
06-11-2007, 12:39 AM
Most fruits are full of sugar and can contain a variety of worms.

Heheh, one of my friends found a worm in her banana the other day.

Dechipher
06-11-2007, 01:20 AM
That's kind of tough to do if you drink a lot of alcohol. I usually just drink a few glasses of water and go to sleep. I have a bad habit of falling asleep with my shoes on whenever I go to sleep, stupid Bacardi.

It's not that bad. If you drink an entire glass of vodka, that's an entire glass of water to drink. Not really that hard to do. It's a little different with beer, I would just say drink a few glasses after you finish. I don't drink beer, so I dunno.

Beldaran
06-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Does anyone remember when that chick died of drinking too much water on the radio? It was a few months ago. Quite funny/tragic/entertaining.

Darth Marsden
06-11-2007, 03:26 AM
During the competition to win a Wii? Yeah. What a stupidly pointless way to die.

Gleeok
06-11-2007, 03:51 AM
Does anyone remember when that chick died of drinking too much water on the radio? It was a few months ago. Quite funny/tragic/entertaining.

I've never heard or that...

*does some googling*

....Wow. thats crazy...I'm speechless...

phattonez
06-11-2007, 10:41 AM

I hate how the radio hosts were fired for that. It's the girls fault, she knew what she was getting into.

I can't wait for Opie & Anthony to get back on the air. They never should have been suspended anyway. They said something bad on an uncensored channel? How does that make sense? :googly:

Darth Marsden
06-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Yeah, whatever happened to free will?

I am now officially caught up with Smallville. Funnily enough, it's not the Clark related cliffhanger I'm more interested in - it's all the others.
-=SPOILER=-

Beldaran
06-11-2007, 03:22 PM
I use to love Smallville, but I just got bored of the ceaseless melodrama and stopped watching sometime during season 6. I think the only reason I watched it is because I was sexually attracted to Chloe.

Sir_Johnamus
06-11-2007, 04:38 PM
I used to watch it as well. It just came on during weekdays on my channel setup at like 2 am. Insomnia wouldn't let me sleep if I stayed up. Why Monday thru Thursday? Because they hate me.

phattonez
06-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Sir Johnaums, do you realize that in your picture, your neckstrap is set too high for your mouthpiece to reach your lips and your mouthpiece is upside down?

Is that a Yamaha, if so, how did you keep it so clean?

Glenn the Great
06-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Probably from not using it. I think he's using that sax as a prop for a picture. If he knew what he was doing, the mouthpiece wouldn't be rotated backwards.

broken soul
06-11-2007, 05:29 PM
heil zeldafan500

Graabnar
06-11-2007, 05:30 PM
How much water did she drink? Me and my friends had a contest to see how much water you could drink in 5 min without puking. I won, drinking 2 liters in about 3 minutes. Everyone else puked or didnt finish what they drank.

I actually felt good after it. :D

phattonez
06-11-2007, 05:33 PM
If you want a real comptetition, try doing it with distilled water. :D

Sir_Johnamus
06-11-2007, 05:52 PM
Sir Johnaums, do you realize that in your picture, your neckstrap is set too high for your mouthpiece to reach your lips and your mouthpiece is upside down?

Is that a Yamaha, if so, how did you keep it so clean?

I do play the thing, it's just that I taught myself, and I taught myself to play it upside down. My lips still haven't forgiven me. I have fixed it since. And it is actuaully dirty, but the low res of the pic makes it clean. The strap is that way because I made the pic shorter by holding the sax up with my hands. IT is just there for show, mainly because of the medal.

broken soul
06-11-2007, 05:55 PM
heil Shiguru Miyamoto

Sir_Johnamus
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Yes. Hail Shiguru Miyamoto! He rules all!

broken soul
06-11-2007, 06:03 PM
im trying to spamm, artard

broken soul
06-11-2007, 06:04 PM
its spelled heil

phattonez
06-11-2007, 06:11 PM
I do play the thing, it's just that I taught myself, and I taught myself to play it upside down. My lips still haven't forgiven me. I have fixed it since. And it is actuaully dirty, but the low res of the pic makes it clean. The strap is that way because I made the pic shorter by holding the sax up with my hands. IT is just there for show, mainly because of the medal.

It's impossible to play upside down, unless you have one hell of a flexible upper lip and you do some weird things with your mouth.

Sir_Johnamus
06-11-2007, 06:23 PM
Not really, you just get tired quicker. And you get one hell of a kanker sore. Now that I play it right, I can't really do it that way anymore.

phattonez
06-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Yeah I've tried that way, all I get is a really high pitched squeak.

biggiy05
06-13-2007, 11:42 AM

I smell shit.....oh wait maybe that's because my dog farted.

Your story is rather hard to believe though. More like nearly impossible.

Dechipher
06-13-2007, 11:53 AM
its spelled heil

Actually, that's only if you're speaking German. In English it would be "hail"

If you want a real comptetition, try doing it with distilled water. :D

A month or so ago, I did the gallon challenge with milk. I downed over half of it in the first 20 minutes, but I felt like complete shit and was getting pretty cold, so I was like, fuck it I'm puking, and drank until I barfed. It was amazing.

The_Amaster
06-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Ja, auf English es ist "Hail"

I still don't see how you could play a Sax with the mouthpiece like that. But I guess it's possible...

Darth Marsden
06-13-2007, 03:33 PM
Amaster42: Regarding your sig, did you look down the sides of the sofa? Or behind the fridge? That's where I tend to find stuff.

Hooked on Battlestar Galactica now! Stupid rush of good TV shows at the moment... Bah!

biggiy05
06-13-2007, 07:59 PM
My right side feels like someone is inside my chest with a hammer pounding on the bar trying to knock it off the anchor attached to my rib. It's annoying and painful.

Just found out my girlfriend's aunt has an aneurysm and is in the hospital on life support. She wouldn't tell me much else other than she's taking the rest of the week off work. That's not good....it's going to be a long couple of days.:(

Those of you who pray or don't pray. Keep her in your thoughts or say a word for me.

The_Amaster
06-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh.....

Wow. I hope she pulls through.

One the subject of my notes, even though I could have sworn that I scoured the house for them, I fond them on my family room floor when I cleaned. Go figure.

Prrkitty
06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Biggiy... y'all are added to my prayer list hon. God bless and many blessings hon. I hope everything turns out ok for all of you... <hug>

Pineconn
06-13-2007, 09:34 PM
Pffffbfbft. Saxophone. Wanes in comparison to a trumpet. And in difficulty.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/bandw00t.png

That's me. :D Second chair, upcoming junior (for concert season).

(I wrote that a few days ago before the forums had problems, hehe.)

phattonez
06-13-2007, 09:58 PM
^^Now that looks like hard drill. :rolleyes:

Please, the sound of the trumpet wanes in comparison to a sax sound. Besides, the sax is so versatile, it fits in with so many types of music.

Pineconn
06-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah, I know. :p Our band director is losing a little creativity. This year (which is now last year) we made Mickey Mouse's face, which was interesting. Just a large circle, two smaller circles for ears, a crescent shape for the mouth, and some props that are eyes and the nose.

Disclaimer: when I say circles, I mean blobs.

But trumpets are cooler. (&#183;).(&#183;) (That's supposed to be a face by the way, you sickos.)

Aegix Drakan
06-13-2007, 10:46 PM
I shall keep your girlfriend's aunt in my thoughts.

I hope she gets well soon.

Pineconn
06-13-2007, 11:31 PM
Hm. How did I miss that?

The bulge in a blood vessel [of an aneurysm] can burst and lead to death at any time, much like a bulge in an over-inflated innertube.

Oh crap, I hope she gets well soon as well. I could imagine the worry of you guys over there, so I hope it gets treated soon.

erm2003
06-13-2007, 11:38 PM
I hope she gets well soon biggiy. My thoughts are with you all.

Gleeok
06-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Actually, that's only if you're speaking German. In English it would be "hail"

Actually heil in English would refer to towns/street names other such places. (taken obviously from the German word) Maybe he's not litterally saying "heil zeldfan500 lightningz" or whatever, but giving directions to a specific place? ;)

EDIT: Why doesn't the damn quote button ever work....

erm2003
06-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Make sure there is a slash / in front of the word quote within the last set of brackets and it should work fine.

Gleeok
06-14-2007, 06:22 AM
Ah yes, there it is, thanks. That's been messing with me lately.

Darth Marsden
06-14-2007, 03:29 PM
You'd be amazed how often you forget to properly write that final [/Tag]. I did it all the time when I did my South Park rip-offs parodies. Really gotta get back to that one of these days...

phattonez
06-14-2007, 03:45 PM
Who knew that there would be so much discussion over the quote tags? :rolleyes:

biggiy05
06-14-2007, 04:26 PM

FUCK!

Yeah I feel a little better but not much. I haven't heard anything today, she sent me a message online early this morning but I was already asleep so I'm in the dark on whether she took a turn for the worst or made some improvement. My stomach is in knots and eating food hasn't been a priority mainly because I don't want to eat. This sucks donkey balls.

Pineconn
06-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Really gotta get back to that one of these days...

:giggle:

On the flip side, I feel pretty good. I just cracked my neck 15 minutes ago and WOW it felt great. Then I ate some Buffalo Wild Wings takeout (shrimp, chicken, and potato slices), which was tasty. Then I turned my computer on, clicked on the AOL icon, and typed in ******* under my screen name.

mrz84
06-14-2007, 06:55 PM
May your aunt have a recovery that is swifter than.....something that can run really fast... :kitty:

phattonez
06-14-2007, 06:57 PM
:giggle:

On the flip side, I feel pretty good. I just cracked my neck 15 minutes ago an WOW it felt great. Then I ate some Buffalo Wild Wings takeout (shrimp, chicken, and potato slices), which was tasty. Then I turned my computer on, clicked on the AOL icon, and typed in ******* under my screen name.
I thought that cracking your neck would kill you. Now cracking your back, there's euphoria.

AOL? HA. I can't believe that my parents still have that.

mrz84
06-14-2007, 07:03 PM
I thought that cracking your neck would kill you. Now cracking your back, there's euphoria.

I do both all the time. I actually get real achy if I don't do that once every hour or so. :kitty:

phattonez
06-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow, maybe you're developing some kind of condition.

mrz84
06-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Wow, maybe you're developing some kind of condition.

I hope not. I've been like this since high school. People always gave me weird looks whenever I did it. :kitty:

biggiy05
06-14-2007, 07:21 PM

You might be thinking of breaking your neck. That's an instant death.

phattonez
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
So what does it mean if you turn your neck really fast and you get a sharp pain? I used to get that all the time.

mrz84
06-14-2007, 08:03 PM
I haven't turned my neck far enough to experience that. I pretty much know my limits. :kitty:

phattonez
06-14-2007, 08:17 PM
For this I wouldn't even have to go to my limit. It happened all the time when I was playing basketball and going for a layup.

biggiy05
06-14-2007, 08:56 PM
So what does it mean if you turn your neck really fast and you get a sharp pain? I used to get that all the time.

You were stretching a muscle that isn't used to that kind of work. I get it all the time now because of surgery. When you're forced to lay around the house because standing up or moving around hurts too much you're muscles seize up. It's been six months and I'm still trying to loosen some around my chest but man does it hurt.

phattonez
06-14-2007, 09:19 PM
^^I didn't think that it was a muscle because it always felt like a crack and it would throb for a while.

I'm just glad that I don't get it anymore.

Pineconn
06-14-2007, 11:30 PM
You were stretching a muscle that isn't used to that kind of work. I get it all the time now because of surgery. When you're forced to lay around the house because standing up or moving around hurts too much you're muscles seize up. It's been six months and I'm still trying to loosen some around my chest but man does it hurt.

Really? I always thought that you pinched a nerve when you did so. It only happened to me twice, and it hurt for a few days. Taking a few ibuprofens made it feel much better.

^^I didn't think that it was a muscle because it always felt like a crack and it would throb for a while.

I know the exact feeling. It. Sucks. :sick:

Prrkitty
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM
Pardon the pun... but things that throb ARE muscles...
:)

Pineconn
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
A heart? Eh, yeah, it's a muscle.

Well, perhaps my symptoms weren't "throbs" but more like sharp shoots of pain. There would always be an angle that I could rotate my head to that would [HURT!!], then when I turned it back, it would be [fine].

It's not like it matters, I'm still feelin' kinda' peachy.

phattonez
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
^^That's exactly what I had. It wasn't a muscle throb, that was for sure.

Pineconn
06-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Oh. Then perhaps we had different bodily injuries. Ah well, the point is that it sucked when I had it. :tongue:

phattonez
06-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Hey, maybe I would get it again if I started playing basketball again. Hmm, I've found my activity for tomorrow.

The_Amaster
06-15-2007, 10:50 AM
I have to crack my neck and my bakc all the time, and it's kind of scary. I don't do it because I want to, but because they get really stiff and uncomfterble if I don't. (I hate that word. I can never spell it)

phattonez
06-15-2007, 11:04 AM
I guess it's the same thing with cracking your fingers. Once you start, you have to keep doing it. I know that when you do it, it's really just some fluid coming out from in between the bones, but why do you have to keep doing it?

moocow
06-15-2007, 11:39 AM
...uncomfterble if I don't. (I hate that word. I can never spell it)

Uncomfortable.

I'm always cracking my knuckles, neck, back, elbows, knees and shoulders. Definitely not healthy, but I get stiff and sore if I don't, just like phattonez said...

Majora
06-15-2007, 12:33 PM
A heart? Eh, yeah, it's a muscle.

Well, perhaps my symptoms weren't "throbs" but more like sharp shoots of pain. There would always be an angle that I could rotate my head to that would [HURT!!], then when I turned it back, it would be [fine].

It's not like it matters, I'm still feelin' kinda' peachy.

Boldedness.

I happened to me once, and it got to the point where I had to turn at my WAIST to be able to look at stuff without wincing in pain.

Pineconn
06-15-2007, 09:41 PM
So, duct tape or electrical tape?

Electrical tape for sure, it can be much more practical than duct tape. But that's just me.

phattonez
06-15-2007, 10:25 PM
Duct tape sticks so much better, so I pick duct tape.

biggiy05
06-15-2007, 10:44 PM
I just got the news a few minutes ago....her aunt died minutes before I got the news.....it's amazing how fast your heart can sink to the bottom of your chest and empty you feel.:(

Look for a piece of writing in a few hours when I pull my self together.

erm2003
06-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear that biggiy. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-15-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear that... whatever happened, happened, Biggiy. Now I feel super bad for still wondering what happened with Atma and that frozen pizza.

Pineconn
06-15-2007, 11:37 PM
Now I feel super bad for caring if electrical tape or duct tape is better. You should sue whoever created aneurysm.

But in all seriousness, I hope you and the others feel better. Make sure you tell them about the AGNers who feel for all of you.

Prrkitty
06-16-2007, 01:21 AM
Awww biggiy... I wish there was more then just mere words that could be conveyed to you... and to your girlfriend and the family/friends that are dealing with this loss of a friend/wife/lover/person.

Gods blessings...

mrz84
06-16-2007, 08:41 AM
I know how losing a loved one can feel as I've lost a few over the past decade. My condolences go to your friend and her family.

scary ghost
06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
My thoughts go to you, your friends, and family, biggiy.

I've been lurking these forum for years, but never post. Now I feel like some kind of peeping tom...

biggiy05
06-17-2007, 04:45 PM
What is the point of having air conditioning in a home if you never use it?! It's hot outside...instead of running up the electric bill with fans why not use the ac? At least it works.

Aegix Drakan
06-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I extend my condolences to you Biggiy.

:( I hope that life soon returns to some semblance of normalcy

Pineconn
06-17-2007, 11:39 PM
What is the point of having air conditioning in a home if you never use it?! It's hot outside...instead of running up the electric bill with fans why not use the ac? At least it works.

Uhhhh....... I think you may have typed this out wrong...

Glenn the Great
06-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Maybe if you guys had actually PRAYED, she wouldn't have died. Sheesh...

Pineconn
06-18-2007, 08:58 PM
Let's not get this started (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97588)... ;)

Darth Marsden
06-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Seconded! And not just because I pulled out of it. It's also a really boring subject.

Spoiler time!
-=SPOILER=-

mrz84
06-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Seconded! And not just because I pulled out of it. It's also a really boring subject.

Spoiler time!
-=SPOILER=-

Why would I hurt you for informing me about 1 how I actually watch? I think that's awesome! I mean with this last season they introed the Justice League's starting up. Sweet. I've gotta see that ep where she shows up. :kitty:

Darth Marsden
06-19-2007, 09:41 AM
Ta-da. (http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Tv-Guide-News/Exclusive-Supergirl-Soars/800016740&#37;20)

The_Amaster
06-19-2007, 10:30 AM
Oh, come on man. You don't use a spoiler box, beccause that just taunts everyone and they read it weather they want to or not.(Or at least me, anyways...)

Darth Marsden
06-19-2007, 10:35 AM
I know. Mean of me, wasn't it? :evil:

Pineconn
06-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Yes. It's also mean not to write any wonderful pieces of literature in a long time! :p

...Did I say wonderful pieces of literature?

:D

Darth Marsden
06-19-2007, 06:19 PM
Very subtle.

Give me an hour.

Pineconn
06-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I'm as subtle as a flying mallet, mostly.

So... we should discuss something of very little importance. Any ideas?

mrz84
06-19-2007, 09:52 PM

I could post a link to my story I'm working on. Info on it on a other site I've been going to lately, but a link to it would save me time on just typing it all here. http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=10732243 is the page with the basic info. Fyi, my current avi is from this story.
:kitty:

Majora
06-19-2007, 09:58 PM

http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/8/6/19/f_8417202scsam_cb3ecfe.jpg

*cough*

*runs away*

Aegix Drakan
06-19-2007, 10:39 PM
You remember the insanely hard game I mentioned my friend was working on?

I'm now his official game-making partner. IE, I can make massive desicions, mess with the difficulty, ETC!

I just spent 2 hours going over the finer points of the story with him on monday. And It's safe to say that it WILL be awesome.

I shall post a link when the first official demo is done.

and the difficulty has been reduced a bit. Plus, a difficulty setting has been inplemented, so there shouldn't be much of a problem.

and as to my own game...progress is slow...I have summer school to worry about, and My friend is VERY demanding when it comes to the stuff he wants me to help him with. >_> that, and I just got a DS flash card a short while ago. It's a major distraction.

But fear not, I shall get my second and long overdue demo out sometime (hopefully soon), and it will have enough extra features to justify the long wait

rock_nog
06-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Thanks, Majoras_Wrath, greatly appreciated. Anyone ever have to deal with someone who basically just utterly hates their life but absolutely refuses to do anything to change their situation? I swear, my housemate is going to drive me absolutely, utterly insane if she doesn't quit bitching about things that she could change if she tried.

That and I've still got a bag of fireworks that I need to put to good use.

Darth Marsden
06-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Fireworks are awesome! But save 'em for July 4th. Then you have a good excuse.

You want random? How's this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfNfDiqAF9Q)

mrz84
06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
http://img27.picoodle.com/img/img27/8/6/19/f_8417202scsam_cb3ecfe.jpg

*cough*

*runs away*

*looks at piccy*

*runs off to poke somebody with a stick*

The_Amaster
06-20-2007, 11:48 AM
*sigh Why am I dreading clicking on MW's link?

*clicks*

Pineconn
06-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Plus, a difficulty setting has been inplemented, so there shouldn't be much of a problem.

I thought you were talking about ZC until this line. ;)

You want random? How's this? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfNfDiqAF9Q)

Should've figured it'd be Doctor Who. :rolleyes:

*sigh Why am I dreading clicking on MW's link?

*clicks*

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that everyone was like that. :moo:

Darth Marsden
06-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Should've figured it'd be Doctor Who. :rolleyes:
Maybe so, but come on! Would you have thought of doing it? No.

New story in my Fan Fiction thread! Go read.

Jemsee
06-25-2007, 06:34 AM
Maybe so, but come on! Would you have thought of doing it? No.

New story in my Fan Fiction thread! Go read.

Personally I loved it.
Gotta love youtube.

Edit: And BTW this thread is the most out there thread Iv read in a long long time.
Only on AGN. :)

Yoshiman
06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Holy crap, Jemsee. When was the last time you posted here? :o

phattonez
06-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Let's talk about Vista for a second. Let's say I want to play an old version of Age of Empires or Warcraft. You'd think that you could do it if you ran it in compatibility mode, but guess what . . .

Prrkitty
06-25-2007, 02:06 PM
I play Age of Empires III under Vista and it works just fine. Matter of fact I play it in a windowed mode so I can still talk in Trillian/IM as well.

WOW... this thread is already on it's 15th page... who'd 'a thunk?

Majora
06-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Page 4 for me ;) :D :goofy:

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-25-2007, 04:12 PM
So, I burned my left arm pretty bad last friday. I was taking CPR/First Aid re-training for work (my certification expired in march), and I went out to open up my car while everyone else was taking a smoke break. I have no A/C, so it gets hot in there after it sits in the sun for a while. I ended up leaving my keys on the seat and locking my doors. I also ended up leaving my sun roof open.

After CPR was over and we took a break for lunch, I found myself quite locked out. And after attempting to MacGuyver my way into my car using some tree branches, a shoelace, and my Leatherman, a guy showed up with a bent coat hanger. All I had to do was stick in it my sun roof, snag the keys, and... OUCH! Did I forget to mention that cars get hot outside as well as inside?

Long story short, I burned a rather long stretch of upper left arm (bottom-inside) that has mostly become uninflamed, except for a large, almost quarter-sized circle of pain. As soon as I had my keys, the first thing I did was treat myself to lunch at a nice local chinese buffet. Holding my ice water against my arm hurt until it felt good. The second thing I did was buy a can of burn spray that initially hurt quite a lot and also cost more than lunch.

On the plus side of it all, I had a great example of a first degree burn for First Aid class.

phattonez
06-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I play Age of Empires III under Vista and it works just fine. Matter of fact I play it in a windowed mode so I can still talk in Trillian/IM as well.

I wanted to play the old versions and it won't work at all. I figured that Microsoft would have done something to fix that already . . . meh. I'll keep trying.

Aegix Drakan
06-25-2007, 05:27 PM
On the plus side of it all, I had a great example of a first degree burn for First Aid class.

XD Way to look at the bright side of things DSG! But I'm sorry to hear about the burn. I hope it gets better soon.

Dechipher
06-25-2007, 05:59 PM
On Sunday, I got up at 11, worked out for the first time in a few months, trimmed my chest hair, and ate a full mexican meal around 2:30. I then proceeded to work from 3 pm to 7:30 am due to the night shift not showing or calling. This wouldn't be AS bad if I hadn't done all of that crap before. It blew major balls. Then I slept from 8 to 4 and I'm heading back in in a few minutes, until 11 OR I may do the first half of the night shift again if he doesn't show up. I work at 9 in the mornign teaching at a camp until 5, then I go teach at a high school from 6-8. Apparently Oklahoma is also under some kind of monsoon watch, because it rains at least once a day here. I feel like I'm in Seattle (Jennifer you didn't need to move so far away.) This also would not be a big deal aside from the fact that it rains in my room due to the cieling leaking. The corner of the room next to mine caved in and there are now a swarm of mosquitoes hovering around the debris.
On the plus side of things, I'm getting in shape, looking better and getting a lot of hours.

I'm going to go do another set and then go to work.
Peace.

Glenn the Great
06-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Living in Georgia during the summer, hot cars are a problem. I keep a pair of leather gloves in my car so I can get in and start driving immediately without waiting for anything to cool down.

biggiy05
06-25-2007, 09:44 PM
Living in Georgia during the summer, hot cars are a problem. I keep a pair of leather gloves in my car so I can get in and start driving immediately without waiting for anything to cool down.

Do you also drive a white Ford bronco and lead police on pursuits then claim the glove doesn't fit your hand?

My little sister came home from Meijer last night with two hamsters. Meijer is basically wal-mart but on a smaller scale and they have been around forever. Watching this unfold is going to be fun.

The bar in my chest is starting to cause more problems. I've got a constant pain that gets worse or goes down but never totally goes away. I hope it hasn't moved because another surgery is not what I want.

Beldaran
06-25-2007, 10:18 PM
I spent two days in the hospital, high off my ass on raw morphine due to insanely painful abdominal pain. I don't remember most of it, but apparently they took a CT scan that revealed some major problem with my intestines and now I'm flying back to Seattle to get more tests and possibly have surgery. Normally that would suck, however it allowed me to quit my summer job at Taco Bell so I'm going to give it two thumbs up.

ShadowTiger
06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Oh, yikes, .. ouch, .. I'm so sorry; I hope everything goes as smoothly as possible, Bel.

gdorf
06-26-2007, 04:39 AM
I took a new picture I like this weekend:

http://www.esorensen.com/bridge.jpg

Good luck Beldaran.

And welcome back Jemsee.

Dechipher
06-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Haha, I like how this thread has turned into a totally random "guess what about my life" which is actually pretty cool. That's a sweet ass picture. And Bel, Taco Bell is a fun job, unless you're on the fryer. But if you're doing drive-thru, it's all gold.

Aegix Drakan
06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
ouch.

Sorry to hear about your troubles Biggiy and Beldaran. I hope you both get through the problems with minimum pain and trouble.

Majora
06-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I spent two days in the hospital, high off my ass on raw morphine due to insanely painful abdominal pain. I don't remember most of it, but apparently they took a CT scan that revealed some major problem with my intestines and now I'm flying back to Seattle to get more tests and possibly have surgery. Normally that would suck, however it allowed me to quit my summer job at Taco Bell so I'm going to give it two thumbs up.

If feasible, fake some pain so that they'll give you more drugs ;)

phattonez
06-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Nice picture, but what bridge is it?

Prrkitty
06-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Good luck biggiy and bel... I hope each is easy to fix and not much trouble for either of you. <hug>

The_Amaster
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
So, like the other day, absolutly nothing interesting happened to me. It was pretty awsome.

Seriously, that bridge pick is awsome...

Hope it all goes well Bel... You to Biggiy.

biggiy05
06-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I'll give $5 to the first person that finds me the address where death lives.

Jandi lost another person in her life. First her aunt now a girl who was like her sister. She committed suicide last night. Two weeks, two people. Damn...

$5 if you find me death's address. I wanna punch him in the face.

erm2003
06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Oh man, that really is horrible. I am sorry to hear this news. I hope that's the end of this unfortunate streak.

The_Amaster
06-26-2007, 04:02 PM
If you find out biggiy, let me know. I have someone to avenge too.

Life just sucks like that.

Aegix Drakan
06-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Jandi lost another person in her life. First her aunt now a girl who was like her sister. She committed suicide last night. Two weeks, two people. Damn...

>_> That just sucks. Any idea WHY this person did it? I mean, I never understand people who kill themselves, unless they are suffering incredibly from a disease. It just hurts everyone involved.

-_- My condolences to you and your GF Biggiy.

and as for Death's address...I'm assuming it's in the underworld. Aside from that, I wouldn't know. But if you find out, I'll send a nuke there. Too many deaths.

Glenn the Great
06-27-2007, 06:08 AM
>_> That just sucks. Any idea WHY this person did it? I mean, I never understand people who kill themselves, unless they are suffering incredibly from a disease.

I'm guessing you've never suffered from depression yourself.

biggiy05
06-27-2007, 10:45 AM

She was one of those that kept it hidden very very well. Always happy, had a smile on her face, lots of close friends and doing great in college. Then it just came out of nowhere.

Aegix Drakan
06-27-2007, 02:04 PM

Not a major one, no. But suicide is so against my moral view that I probably would not be able to bring myself to do it.

*ahem*

I'd like to notify the people here that starting this saturday, I'll be on a vacation to california. If you see a brown haired individual with glasses and a dragon-claw pendant, it could possibly be me.

mrz84
06-27-2007, 06:20 PM
My condolences go out to you again. :kitty:

If I knew where death was, I woulda taken care of him long ago. Once I do find him, or somebody else does, give him a few kicks to the crotch for my little cousin, my grandmother, grandfather, and my friend.

biggiy05
07-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Say anything stupid or cocky about these I'll cut your balls off if you have even grown a pair yet.

What words can't say.

When words can't say I love you put your chest against mine and listen to my heart. Listen to our hearts beat side by side.

When words can't comfort you walk into my open arms and let me hold you tight and whisper everything is going to be fine. Let me hold you in my arms and protect you.

When words can't say I'm sorry look into my eyes and let them show you how sorry I am.

When words can't show my happiness look at the smile on my face, the happiness in my eyes and put your ear to my chest and listen to my heart race as we live in the moment.

When words can't show how heartbroken I would be if you walked away let me hold you tight in my arms as you listen to my heart race.

When I can't find the words for I want to say let me look into your eyes.

I want...

I want to hold you in my arms and whisper I love you and tell you how beautiful you look in the mornings when you get out of bed.

I want to walk through a park holding your hand knowing I'm holding an angel's hand.

I want to lay in the bed of our truck beside you wrapped in a blanket watching the sun rise on a cold fall morning.

I want to lay in the bed of our truck beside watching the sunset.

I want to lay beside you in a field at night gazing into the stars and seeing you under the moon light.

I want to feel the touch of your love.

I want to feel your heart beating against mine. Listening to our love.

I want to kiss you under a starry night's sky.

I want to look into your eyes and see the beautiful girl I fell in love with.

I want to say I DO in a church in front of our friends and family.

Prrkitty
07-03-2007, 08:57 PM
<hug> I like it biggiy. Very nice thoughts ...

mrz84
07-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I've yet to read anything more moving than those words big.

Darth Marsden
07-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Man, I wish I had a girlfriend. Stupid universe not giving me one... Sorry for everyone's loss as well. Sucks losing someone, apparently. I'm just a robot and therefore feel nothing, but I can imitate sympathy.

Anyway, this thread has taken a disturbingly depressing spiral. Let's see what Arnie has to say about that:
http://www.hilarious-pictures.com/files/picture/41604756.jpg
Well, that's you told.

Glenn the Great
07-04-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm not depressed about this thread, I'm just morbidly amused. I learned that nothing anyone does will ever remove the sadness from life. Nothing. What needs to be done is to rewire your mind to delight in it all. It's the only way to be happy.

People need to die or there will be too many people. Do you really think that if death went away, that would magically stop people from having babies?

biggiy05
07-04-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm not depressed about this thread, I'm just morbidly amused. I learned that nothing anyone does will ever remove the sadness from life. Nothing. What needs to be done is to rewire your mind to delight in it all. It's the only way to be happy.

People need to die or there will be too many people. Do you really think that if death went away, that would magically stop people from having babies?

This is why Glenn will be a very lonely man 20 years from now.

Darth I got lucky. She's probably the only girl crazy(dumb) enough to stick around with me.

Dechipher
07-05-2007, 01:50 AM

See, this is one of those posts where I'm like, I know what you mean and I understand why you feel that way, and I'm down with you figuring yourself out and all, but this isn't really the appropriate place to put it, and it kinda makes you look like an ass. I'm kind of like, "Could have done without that post." If it were a subject other than death, it might work, but death is a very sensitive subject for everyone, and while your point is logical and from a scientific standpoint makes so much sense, from a humane standpoint it is a shitty thing to say.
Just what I think personally.

Glenn the Great
07-05-2007, 02:11 AM
Too many of my inhibitions in life are focused around being afraid of stepping on peoples sensitivies. Fuck that.

Majora
07-05-2007, 07:21 AM
Too many of my inhibitions in life are focused around being afraid of stepping on peoples sensitivies. Fuck that.

QFT

ShadowTiger
07-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Cogito ergo doleo...

Orn
07-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I think that shyness is just as much of a disease as shyness. Shyness leads to depression because shy people have way worse social and love lives. The only thing that saves shy people is if their friends that arnt so shy, but even that probably wont help their loves lives much.

People can be shy because they are afraid to offend people. I suggest to find a girlfriend, simply introduce yourself and tell her that you think shes pretty and you want to ask her out on a date (or phone number). Don't force the issue if she has an excuse.

Most girls like a compliment, but it makes them feel ackward if they are in a releation ship already. It won't offend them as long as you dont try to force the issue.

Most men will find a date from this method one out of ten times, so dont give up after the first attempt (you will get better at it too).

PS
From my experiance women like confidance more than anything, even more than anything.

Glenn the Great
07-05-2007, 11:30 AM
I think that shyness is just as much of a disease as shyness. Shyness leads to depression because shy people have way worse social and love lives. The only thing that saves shy people is if their friends that arnt so shy, but even that probably wont help their loves lives much.

People can be shy because they are afraid to offend people. I suggest to find a girlfriend, simply introduce yourself and tell her that you think shes pretty and you want to ask her out on a date (or phone number). Don't force the issue if she has an excuse.

Most girls like a compliment, but it makes them feel ackward if they are in a releation ship already. It won't offend them as long as you dont try to force the issue.

Most men will find a date from this method one out of ten times, so dont give up after the first attempt (you will get better at it too).

PS
From my experiance women like confidance more than anything, even more than anything.

Well, the issue here is that (and this is especially true if you are over 20), roughly 99% of the girls that you are going to find attractive are in these relationships already.

If you propose to them, they will turn you down, and feel awkward at the same time. But that's pretty much how it has to be.

What you have to do is realize this. Go into the situation knowing full well that you are going to get rejected. Talk to her anyway, and PUSH! Keep pushing until right before she calls the law. She should be pretty awkward and disturbed at that point.

Now go retreat off to yourself, stalk her on the Internet, and start hating. It will act like a drug on your body. Your hate will turn into love for yourself.

In the end, you gained your self esteem, and she had to suffer the awkwardness associated with activating her bitch shield.

That's the way of life.

Remember, that even if she said yes, she's still going to grow old. Your passion will die, and she'll become a burden.

One should never have to rely on others for fulfillment. Others will always come up short. They are always prone to betraying you.

I have never known a single person in my entire existence who I could rely on to take my personal side of things more than my own self.

One other note, is to try not to show your hate to the target person. Hate is something private for yourself. Indifference is the more effective tactic to use overtly against others.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-05-2007, 04:51 PM
a bunch of stuff
Glenn, does it ever bother you to know that you're a jaded, soulless shell of a human being? Really, I feel bad for you, and people like you who have no trust or hope of finding trust in others. I certainly don't blame you for your dismal outlook on life, but I certainly wonder what sort of events turned you into the person you are. You scoff and mock when people say you're going to end up alone years from now, but have you ever stopped to consider that maybe the problem is not society, or the human race, but perhaps yourself?

Oy.

So, I got called by a co-worker yesterday a little after midnight, and got asked to cover his shift (8am-4pm). His grandmother was in the hospital, and since he lives with her, it was sort of a big deal. Fine by me; I would be glad to swap my afternoons with him and spend the evening with my family. Except he never came, and I had to stay at work from 8AM to midnight. Anybody else have a totally boring fourth of july?

biggiy05
07-05-2007, 04:58 PM
So, I got called by a co-worker yesterday a little after midnight, and got asked to cover his shift (8am-4pm). His grandmother was in the hospital, and since he lives with her, it was sort of a big deal. Fine by me; I would be glad to swap my afternoons with him and spend the evening with my family. Except he never came, and I had to stay at work from 8AM to midnight. Anybody else have a totally boring fourth of july?

Yup. Did nothing and it sucked.

Darth Marsden
07-05-2007, 05:54 PM
I was at work. Mind, we don't celebrate July 4th, so nobody cared.

...god, I wish I was unemployed again. Physical work sucks. I'd rather be in a part-time job doing admin then what basically amounts to full-time shelf stacking. Remind me not to work for Tesco again.

The_Amaster
07-05-2007, 06:58 PM
On the subject of fourth of July, well, mine was great compared to last years sucky one. See, we just got this new "no civilian firework law" passed last year, right. So, my dad, brother and I all went out and at K-Mart bought one of those big boxes of shiny, exploding stuff, expecting, that we'd get some pretty cool sparkly stuff like the year before. Turns out it all smokes. Everything. Smoke. The little round things? Smoke. The small cylinder? Smoke. The big canister? More smoke, but smoke nontheless. Needless to say, it was a dissapointment. But this year, we went to Indiana, stopped of by the "worlds largest fireworks warehous"(I believe them. You had to see this place) and got stuff that not only sparked, but flew up in the air. If you've been raised in a state where that's legal, well, it's no big deal. But it was really cool for us.

On the subject of the job, I got a job at the local Renassaince Faire.:kawaii: All of my friends work there, it's supposed to be a fun job, and the pay is decent. (100 bucks a weekend) If for any reason, any of you are by Bristol, Wisconsin, stop by and see it, because it really is an amazing place. Like, literally a whole town built like it was in the ye olde 1500's.

mrz84
07-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I was going to goto a party at a friend's but it got cancelled because of sudden rain. :sweat:

phattonez
07-05-2007, 07:43 PM
^^Rain during summer? Never in Los Angeles.

Majora
07-05-2007, 07:54 PM
On the subject of fourth of July, well, mine was great compared to last years sucky one. See, we just got this new "no civilian firework law"
..... rest of post

Honestly! Those laws are effing stupid. Just because ONE little boy/girl or some other person got a limb blown off or a 3rd degree burn, does not mean it should be ruined for the rest of us. (I don't care if it IS a sparkler, if it's warmer than the cement on a hot day, do NOT give it to a 9 (and below) year old!)

biggiy05
07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
Honestly! Those laws are effing stupid. Just because ONE little boy/girl or some other person got a limb blown off or a 3rd degree burn, does not mean it should be ruined for the rest of us. (I don't care if it IS a sparkler, if it's warmer than the cement on a hot day, do NOT give it to a 9 (and below) year old!)

It's not just one little boy or girl that burns a body part to the extent they need a skin graft. It's people that launch fireworks off in their back yards and end up setting trees and houses on fire.

Go get your facts straight before you bitch.

erm2003
07-05-2007, 08:59 PM
It's not just one little boy or girl that burns a body part to the extent they need a skin graft. It's people that launch fireworks off in their back yards and end up setting trees and houses on fire.

Go get your facts straight before you bitch.

This is exactly what you have to watch out for. There was a house in the city here that had a firework launched onto the roof and it caught on fire. The roof partially collapsed and now they are saying there was so much damage the house must be demolished. It may put a damper on some people's festivities, but unfortunately many people are not responsible enough to use them properly without hurting or damaging something.

ShadowTiger
07-05-2007, 09:20 PM
For sheezy, or something. Someone around the block from me was launching fireworks through the leaves of the trees that they so incredibly obviously had on their property. Through the freaking leaves.

I was working from ten to six on the Fourth. Saw fifteen minutes of fireworks by the bridge, then went back inside to post. :kitty:

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-05-2007, 10:05 PM
I'm not really for these laws, and I've read the local paper quoting the County Sheriff (Macomb Co., MI) as saying he doesn't support them either, on account of how he'd have to arrest all his neighbors. Most police forces, as far as I have ever seen, will not enforce them unless you are being wreckless with explosives, like shooting roman candles at cars, or something. If you live in a state where good fireworks are illegal, odds are you still live within reasonable driving distance of a state where they are not. You know what I mean.

They do have a purpose though, and in states where fireworks are cause for legitimate forest fire concern, I definitely understand why they exist. On the other hand, if you're dumb enough to blow part or all of yourself up, the least your home state could do would be to allow it to be very pretty.

In Southeast Michigan, last week, some lady killed herself at work. The employees at the car wash took up a collection, bought some fireworks, and she leaned over a three inch shell for some reason. Gore galore. Those sorts of fireworks should be very illegal to purchase by people without permits, I agree. But most of the regular stuff that people like doesn't pose that sort of lethal threat.

Prrkitty
07-05-2007, 10:30 PM
DarkRaven ... the one you're talking about at the end of your post... was a commercial grade 3 inch mortar (as I've read it's description over on CNN but I can't find the article again). It had 25+ items in it's casing. Apparently the first one blew her face/head off (because she was leaning OVER IT when she lit it) and then the rest started going off. At that point no one could get close for fear of being injured.

She died in front of her fiancee AND her 8 year old son... plus every one else that was there.

I can't say she deserved what happened... but it WAS a commercial grade firework/s. Jeesh!!

<blah>

EDIT: I found this article... http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/301299/feds_investigate_michigan_fireworks.html

erm2003
07-05-2007, 11:18 PM
New York has laws banning fireworks, but everyone has them. The police really won't do anything about it because so many people have them. The only time they get involved is when someone complains or they know someone has bought an large amount of fireworks. For example, a guy was trying to get a permit to block off his street for the 4th and they found out he bought somewhere in the insane range of $12,000 in fireworks. They didn't grant him the permit for the road block.

I really don't know what to think myself. It's nice to see people following tradition with celebrating the 4th, but then again it can be so dangerous. I personally just don't think I could ever spend the money on nice fireworks anyway, so I guess personally I don't mind the laws.

gdorf
07-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I have many fond memories of launching fireworks as a kid so I strongly oppose anti-fireworks laws. It frustrates me to think my children probably won't be able to enjoy the slightly burnt fingers and sulfer-stained clothes I associate with the fourth. I agree that launching cheaply assembled explosive devices into the air has some inherent risks, but I think the thrills/memories far outweigh the potential for injury.

In a nutshell, there is something about the carnage/excitement that launching fireworks instills that I think is fitting of a holiday celebrating the United States forceful departure from an oppressor.

That said, I especially appreciate the firefighters and police officers of the city during this time of year. There are a lot of careless people without common sense they unfortunately have to clean up after. :(

rock_nog
07-06-2007, 12:19 AM
Bah, people know the risks. The idea of banning fireworks is ridiculous, like we need to be protected from ourselves or something. That always pisses me off, when the government decides that I'm too stupid to look after myself. And yes, some people do get hurt, but I know the risks and I know how to be responsible.

Dechipher
07-06-2007, 04:48 AM
4th - I worked all day.
Today, apparently the police shot a man in the head a few blocks from my store. No one knows why, I've heard the word on the street and I've heard the word from an officer, but he was just quoting the news.

rain - we're on our 23rd straight day of rain in Oklahoma, the previous record being 14.

Glenn, there's a time and a place for everything, including watching for someone's 'sensitives'. There's no absolute, it's a blend of when to be an ass and when not to, and that was a time when not to.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-06-2007, 10:46 AM
She died in front of her fiancee AND her 8 year old son... plus every one else that was there.

I can't say she deserved what happened... but it WAS a commercial grade firework/s. Jeesh!!
She certainly did not deserve to die, of course. But it was a dumb thing to do, which is why only trained professionals should be allowed to use high explosives. It's just common sense. Thanks for posting the link.

Decipher, send some of that precipitation my way. We had approximately an inch and a half of rain in June, I think. It all passed south of me and fell on the rest of Michigan. Our garden is dying, and I can't imagine how real farmers must be doing. We don't even have enough water in the water table to regularly water things ourselves.

biggiy05
07-06-2007, 10:53 AM
My new widescreen lcd showed up earlier this morning. 19" of widescreen goodness.

Time to go finish watching Scrubs.

Glenn the Great
07-06-2007, 11:07 AM
So basically, what you are saying, is that I should judge myself by what others think of me?

For example, if others think that I am an ass, then I am somehow a problem, meaning thus that I'm in the wrong?

I once read that people with co-dependent personalities see themselves through the eyes of others. That might be you, but it isn't me.

I'm not going to be tricked into conforming to society's mores of political correctness by letting people's sensitivities concern me.

phattonez
07-06-2007, 11:35 AM
^^Hitler thought that he was doing the right thing.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-06-2007, 11:48 AM
So basically, what you are saying, is that I should judge myself by what others think of me?

For example, if others think that I am an ass, then I am somehow a problem, meaning thus that I'm in the wrong?

I once read that people with co-dependent personalities see themselves through the eyes of others. That might be you, but it isn't me.

I'm not going to be tricked into conforming to society's mores of political correctness by letting people's sensitivities concern me.

That's exactly what we're saying, Glenn. But we are not saying that you should do so exclusively, or carry that judgement as the most important. We're simply saying that society calls you a jerk sometimes, and it's very childish for you to counter by calling us co-dependent, politically correct, over sensitive conformists.

Nobody is trying to trick you. It's just bad form to make jokes when people you aren't close to die, especially in the presence of someone who was close to the decedent. If you don't want to accept societal standards, that's fine. Just don't complain when people get grumpy because you're rude and you don't care.

The_Amaster
07-06-2007, 12:04 PM
The problem in Kenosha is that our police do enforce the fireworks laws. We are a fifteen minuite drive from Illinois, though...

Yeah, my great uncle is a licensed pyrotechnician who owns a couple factories, and at big family gatherings, we leave all of the big stuff to him.

Glenn, please don't joke about death.

Glenn the Great
07-06-2007, 02:36 PM
That's exactly what we're saying, Glenn.

I love it when I get the confirmation that my intuition is correct.

We're simply saying that society calls you a jerk sometimes, and it's very childish for you to counter by calling us co-dependent, politically correct, over sensitive conformists.

Well, I think it's childish of you to be calling me childish.

Read that a few times and think on it.

phattonez
07-06-2007, 02:45 PM
If you act childish and get called childish, then it says nothing of the person who called you childish, that person just made a good observation.

Glenn the Great
07-06-2007, 02:49 PM
If you act childish and get called childish, then it says nothing of the person who called you childish, that person just made a good observation.

So by that logic, I made a good observation by calling you guys co-dependent, politically correct, over-sensitive conformists?

phattonez
07-06-2007, 03:11 PM
If that's correct. If you're wrong, then it's not a good observation.

Really, I don't even know what you're fighting about. I'm just butting in to point out a few things.

Beldaran
07-06-2007, 03:55 PM
phattonez believes in god and therefore cannot be taken seriously in a discussion of logic.

With regards to fireworks, I think they should be super legal. Even the insanely dangerous ones that kill people. There's nothing I enjoy more than a good darwin award.

Dechipher
07-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Beldaran rules out all answers that aren't his own, and therefore cannot be taken seriously in a discussion of logic.

Glenn, I'm giving you an inch and you're going a mile. What I said was that sometimes one must suppress their own thoughts or opinions for the good of another. That's not codependency, but courtesy. There's this thing called compassion. It's what validates the human existence. I'm not saying you have to be a little bitch 24/7, but I am saying that there should be a balanced blend of push and pull.
That's all I'm saying.

Glitch
07-06-2007, 04:18 PM
A look at most of the $1200 in fireworks I will be using to blow up part of Ohio tomorrow night:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/lee_grad2002/0701071442.jpg

Beldaran
07-06-2007, 04:44 PM
Beldaran rules out all answers that aren't his own, and therefore cannot be taken seriously in a discussion of logic.

I rule out all answers for which there is no scientific evidence. I see that you still don't understand something as simple as science and basic skepticism.

biggiy05
07-06-2007, 04:53 PM
A look at most of the $1200 in fireworks I will be using to blow up part of Ohio tomorrow night:

I hate you....

Glenn the Great
07-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I hope Glitch wins a Darwin Award with them.

The_Amaster
07-06-2007, 05:11 PM
I rule out all answers for which there is no scientific evidence. I see that you still don't understand something as simple as science and basic skepticism.

*winces* Please, let's not start this argument again.

On the subject of Glitch's fireworks, I have to agree with Biggiy here.

ShadowTiger
07-06-2007, 05:15 PM
After reading both Biggiy's and Glenn's posts, Both parties will be fine.

I just can't stop thinking about what I saw with the people on the corner lighting fireworks under a tree. On their lawn, sitting spread-eagled on their lawn with the fireworks soooo close to their crotches... I mean, shit, I saw a firework land on the pavement right in front of me as I was walking home.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-06-2007, 08:10 PM
People, Americans, that is, most often use fireworks on holidays, when they are most frequently intoxicated. It's no wonder that people do stupid things when they're full of booze.

When my family first moved out to where we are now, it was the day after my brother graduated from high school. We held a grad/independence day/house warming party shortly thereafter, and that night, and he invited some of his friends up to hang out. This included his girlfriend, his best friend, and some lesser friend named Jason. Jason was an idiot.

It began to rain later that night, so the five of us were out in our barn shooting bottle rockets out into the rain using a section of pipe. I had the curious idea to place a rocket into an alluminum can, and without parental supervision, I was free to do so. Jason, seeing my bold idea, decided to one up me, and place one inside a glass bottle. He proceeded to hold this bottle in his hand, right up until the moment that it exploded and showered us all in glass shards.

After that, we took the lighter away from him.

phattonez
07-06-2007, 11:39 PM

Since when is science simple? :tongue:

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-07-2007, 06:54 PM
Since when is science simple? :tongue:

It isn't. Neither is religion. He just happens to believe, like most people, that his personal opinions are correct and people who don't agree are dumb. He's an empiricist, and therefore anything that cannot be seen or touched does not exist. Life is simple when all you believe is what you can see in front of you.

You know, I'd really hate to think that this thread is going to devolve into a science vs. religion debate outside of the proper forum.

So, after work today, I had to go install some toilet seats at my church in preparation for a wedding next saturday. And the wife of the guy who leads the youth group (which I work in) is there with her three daughters cleaning. They're all 13 and lower, with a couple years in between. The smallest one is about five, I think, and she wants to help me. So, I tell her to carry my tools out of my trunk (basic 100-ish piece toolkit) while I carry the toilet seats.

Once we're inside, she wants to stick around and help. Fine, I think. It's cute that she wants to assist, and it'll probably keep her out of her mother's hair, so why not? I start on the first one, taking the old seat off and opening the new package. The nuts that went to the bolts were olive shaped and open at both ends. I've never seen these before, and by time I get mine on, I notice that something isn't right. I've screwed the nut all the way on, but I can still grab the seat and lift it an inch off of the bowl.

Upon checking the other side, I find that this phenomenon does not exist. The nut is tightened as well as mine, but the bowl and seat do not separate. I can't figure out what the problem is. Both sides are screwed on. Mine is wrong. Hers is not. Not only can I not install a toilet seat properly, but I've been outsmarted by a five year old.

As it turns out, I needed to align some spokes on the outside of the nut with the plastic mount and then twist the bolt from the top. The other seats were a breeze after that, but my pride was still very much bruised. Have any of you ever been outsmarted by someone while doing something simple?

biggiy05
07-07-2007, 07:58 PM
You know, I'd really hate to think that this thread is going to devolve into a science vs. religion debate outside of the proper forum.

It won't. This is a thread for the most random posts and topics but if you wanna get into another religion vs. science debate you can revive the old thread or go start a new thread.

phattonez
07-07-2007, 08:04 PM
DarkRaven, that story sounded like it was going to get bad, really bad. I'm so glad that it wasn't what I expected.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-07-2007, 10:33 PM
It won't. This is a thread for the most random posts and topics but if you wanna get into another religion vs. science debate you can revive the old thread or go start a new thread.

That's my point. I don't want to drag that debate up, because debating complex issues over the internet is pointless. People end up more concerned about winning than about reaching an understanding or enlightening themselves.

Phatz, you have a filthy, filthy mind. :scared:

Also, you did not answer my question. Which either means you were too busy waiting for me to admit to being a pedophile (which I'm not), or you're just plain smarter than I am. I'm not sure which option I prefer.

phattonez
07-07-2007, 10:43 PM
I never even saw that last paragraph, but the way I thought it was going I thought that she liked you and was tagging around you. I didn't think it would go so far as to you returning the favor, but the possibility was there.

I'm not going to get outsmarted by a little kid until I'm 50 and suck with technology.

gdorf
07-08-2007, 12:58 AM
http://www.esorensen.com/d/1020-2/_MG_4519-01.jpg

Another recent picture. This one from the top of Mt Hamilton in the Columbia River Gorge.

And little children are impressive. Don't underestimate the little beasts.

On a related note:

In "How to draw using the right side of your brain", the author points out that while the drawings of children often don't accurately represent items in the real world, they are almost always compositionally sound and pleasing to look at. I thought that was pretty cool. Good book, btw.

phattonez
07-08-2007, 01:05 AM
I made pictures as a little kid: they were crap. In fact, I still have some of them, they're pretty terrible. I don't like looking at them.

Dechipher
07-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

biggiy05
07-08-2007, 02:57 AM
Dechiper,

You're avatar and title are a bit disturbing together.

Darth Marsden
07-08-2007, 03:14 AM
I've just finished watching the final series of Alias. Is it just me or did the ending seem kinda... rushed? Nicely symbolic (sure you can live forever, but you have to do it in a little box all by yourself), but rushed. Whatever.

Any other decent TV show recommendations? Ones with a slight Sci-Fi slant are preferable, but not things like Star Trek, 'cause that's too Sci-Fi. Suggestions?

Pineconn
07-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Blue's Clues. Best show ever.

phattonez
07-08-2007, 12:47 PM
I've just finished watching the final series of Alias. Is it just me or did the ending seem kinda... rushed? Nicely symbolic (sure you can live forever, but you have to do it in a little box all by yourself), but rushed. Whatever.

Any other decent TV show recommendations? Ones with a slight Sci-Fi slant are preferable, but not things like Star Trek, 'cause that's too Sci-Fi. Suggestions?

Thundercats.

Dechipher
07-08-2007, 12:54 PM
Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

and biggysmalls, look up Sex Machine Guns on youtube, and it'll make more sense.

Crazy Japs.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Blue's Clues. Best show ever.

Are we talking original Blue's Clues, with Steve, or the newer version with the other guy? This reminds me, I totally need to dig out my little sister's old Blue's Clues point and click adventure games. They were awesome.

and biggysmalls, look up Sex Machine Guns on youtube, and it'll make more sense.

Crazy Japs.

It's kinda funny, to think that I never would have made this assumption without my years of experience in the horrors of the internet, but upon reading your post, Decipher, I'm deathly afraid that you're trying to point us to some sort of bukkake video.

The internet has ruined my soul. :(

Glenn the Great
07-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Steve was cool, and was the only thing making the show worth watching. The new guy is an uber-gay wannabe, and I've since quit watching.

Dechipher
07-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Are we talking original Blue's Clues, with Steve, or the newer version with the other guy? This reminds me, I totally need to dig out my little sister's old Blue's Clues point and click adventure games. They were awesome.

It's kinda funny, to think that I never would have made this assumption without my years of experience in the horrors of the internet, but upon reading your post, Decipher, I'm deathly afraid that you're trying to point us to some sort of bukkake video.

The internet has ruined my soul. :(

1. Spell my name right
2. Your years of internet experience do not compare to AGN's rules of no porn.
3. Spell my name right.

phattonez
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
I heard that Blue talks now, is this true?

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-09-2007, 12:42 AM
1. Spell my name right
2. Your years of internet experience do not compare to AGN's rules of no porn.
3. Spell my name right.

Ah. Sorry about the name. One of those things you assume you've read right. Dechipher. Also, I was under the assumption that most things were considered safe to post, as long as they were clearly marked NWS, etc. as the situation applied. Sure, I've never seen porn posted, but obviously there's a rule that I forgot that explains that.

I feel dirty, and not in a good way.

I'm leaving in the morning for Missouri. Anyone else road tripping this summer?

phattonez
07-09-2007, 01:05 AM
Wasn't DC's hentai thread porn?

Daarkseid
07-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Wasn't DC's hentai thread porn?

What, images of anime girls revealing things that at most would garner an R rating in films?

Beldaran
07-09-2007, 01:23 AM
Spell my name right.

This is literally the first time in my entire time of being at AGN that I have noticed your name is not spelled "Decipher". My mind mentally corrected your weird spelling every time I saw it.

phattonez
07-09-2007, 01:27 AM
What, images of anime girls revealing things that at most would garner an R rating in films?

So tits don't count as porn?

Glenn the Great
07-09-2007, 01:34 AM
So tits don't count as porn?

They often don't, but it's hard for conservative people to make the distinction.

biggiy05
07-09-2007, 02:22 AM
Why are some of you watching Blue's clues? Come on, get with the program. Dora the Explorer is the new show to watch.

Dechipher
07-09-2007, 02:58 AM
This is literally the first time in my entire time of being at AGN that I have noticed your name is not spelled "Decipher". My mind mentally corrected your weird spelling every time I saw it.

I'm going on my 7th year here, and I seriously have to stop and think before spelling decipher correctly.

The Roof. The Roof. The Roof is on Fire. The Roof. The Roof. The Roof is on Fire. The Roof. The Roof. The Roof is on Fire. We don't need no water let the mother fucker burn. Burn motherfucker burn.
Hello my name is Jimmy Pop and I'm a dumb white guy. I'm not old or new but middle school 5th grade like junior high.

Good party song.

mrz84
07-09-2007, 10:48 AM
I remember watching Blues Clues out of boredom once when Steve was still around. It was mildly entertaining. Better than watching people talk about grass. Mother. Fusking. Grass. For a whole hour. One can only take so much punishment.....

The_Amaster
07-09-2007, 11:28 AM
Well, I just got back from my first weekend working the Ren Fair. (By the way,. I probably won't be around on weekends) I got up as 7 in the morning and got back at 10:30 at night. From 10 to 7:30, I dress in a very hot costume(temperature, you wierdos) outside, am notallowed to sit down, except on my break, and talk in an accent to convince people to play my game. It's a mixture of total fun and total agony. But I'm cool.

Totally. I always thought you were Decipher as well.

Glenn the Great
07-09-2007, 03:30 PM
What's the Ren Fair? What's your game? Are you a carney?

The_Amaster
07-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Sorry, Renassaince Fair. I think I talked about it a few days ago in thsi topic. My game on sunday was Master Gamer, a crossbow thing with suction cup-tipped darts.

biggiy05
07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I need to win the lottery so I can buy a nice piece of land and by piece I mean few hundred acres. Build an awesome house, nice horse barn with indoor arena to practice barrel racing in and go through the woods and make my own trail with my horse.

Until them I'm stuck with the cost of boarding a horse which bites. The costs every month aren't bad because they feed your horse hay am and pm, grain am and pm, clean the stables once or twice a day, daily turnout and access to water 24/7. A lot of places even let you use their facilities or ride through their trails. Only problem with that is I want to get a new truck in the spring or at least a trailblazer. After the vehicle payment and insurance plus gas that doesn't leave a lot left over.

Dechipher
07-11-2007, 05:08 AM
I need to win the lottery so I can buy a nice piece of land and by piece I mean few hundred acres. Build an awesome house, nice horse barn with indoor arena to practice barrel racing in and go through the woods and make my own trail with my horse.

Until them I'm stuck with the cost of boarding a horse which bites. The costs every month aren't bad because they feed your horse hay am and pm, grain am and pm, clean the stables once or twice a day, daily turnout and access to water 24/7. A lot of places even let you use their facilities or ride through their trails. Only problem with that is I want to get a new truck in the spring or at least a trailblazer. After the vehicle payment and insurance plus gas that doesn't leave a lot left over.

Sell crack.

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 09:05 AM

The lottery is for wimps. Real men get an education, and do a high end white collar job, or even just play the stock market, and end up with the money equivalent to winning many lotteries.

biggiy05
07-11-2007, 11:00 AM
The lottery is for wimps. Real men get an education, and do a high end white collar job, or even just play the stock market, and end up with the money equivalent to winning many lotteries.

Going to college for my fire science/ems serivces/nursing degree. Work full time as a firefighter/paramedic and a few days every month as an ER nurse and I'll be making enough that I can buy the land and build a nice house. The fire and ems degrees are more or less tied together. Take all the core classes and then a few select and you have one degree down then you just have to take the specific class for your other degree.

Glitch
07-11-2007, 02:46 PM

oh so they don't live at home and collect government money?

Darth Marsden
07-11-2007, 02:53 PM
oh so they don't live at home and collect government money?
No, that was me. Then I got a job. Wish I hadn't - I was in the freezer for about half an hour today, and my hands got so cold I couldn't feel my fingers. Then, when the feeling started coming back, it burned with the fires of a thousand suns.

I'm so glad next week is my last. No matter what anyone else says.

Glitch
07-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Was actually referring to Glenn, but hey, 2 birds one stone.

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 03:00 PM
I'm graduating from college in less than 2 months from now, and then I'll be doing a job as a software developer.

biggiy05
07-11-2007, 03:45 PM
I'm graduating from college in less than 2 months from now, and then I'll be doing a job as a software developer.

Computer related experience?

Hacking an internet forum on more than one occasion

Holding contests with a gigabytes of hentai porn as a prize

But you're still gonna be living at home alone and without a girl.

Pineconn
07-11-2007, 04:06 PM
No big deal, remember the gigabytes of hentai. It'll replace the girl for at least 2 months.

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 09:55 PM
No big deal, remember the gigabytes of hentai. It'll replace the girl for at least 2 months.

Haha, damn straight.

Eventually I'll have enough money to hire prostitutes whenever I want.

phattonez
07-11-2007, 10:23 PM
^^Will you have enough money to fight off STD's?

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 10:29 PM
I'd make sure they were clean first.

rock_nog
07-12-2007, 01:24 PM
You know, I've always been puzzled by the phrase "living at home." I mean, of course you're living at home, where the heck else would you live? I understand that it's implied that it's your parents' home, but still... It's just a weird choice of phrase. Which reminds me, I need to start figuring out where the hell I'm gonna be living in the fall. Mainly gotta make sure I don't screw up the roommate decision again.

phattonez
07-12-2007, 03:12 PM
"How can you half expect something?"

"How do you turn a phrase?"

Prrkitty
07-12-2007, 05:31 PM

"How do you turn a phrase?"

Depends on how big it is... either a spatula or a shovel <smirk> ;)

The_Amaster
07-12-2007, 07:12 PM

By only half thinking.:D Which many people today tend to do. See, they were smart enough to think it would happen, but stupid enough to think there was a chance it wouldn't. It averages to half.

erm2003
07-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Could you say that you are half-expecting something to happen if the probability of that event occurring is 50&#37;?

phattonez
07-12-2007, 07:42 PM
I don't think you even need to go that far. I thought about this the other day, and you half expect something by having it come to your head. If the idea is in your head, you half expect it. It's outrageous, but it's still there.

Pineconn
07-13-2007, 12:25 AM
It's kinda like weather forecasts. What exactly does a 30&#37; chance of rain or a 60% chance of rain mean? Also, if there is a 60% chance of rain and it doesn't rain, or perhaps if there is a 30% chance of rain and it does rain, everyone hates the weatherman or says that he is always wrong.

phattonez
07-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I think it's just a rough estimate for how sure they are.

Dechipher
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
Bam sucka WHAT

In regards to rain, it is currently raining IN my room. We have holes in the roof, and so one corner of my room and the closet is getting fucked hardcore.

biggiy05
07-13-2007, 11:46 AM
the closet is getting fucked hardcore.

Record it for Glenn...he might want to add it to his fucked up collection of other sounds and movies.

Darth Marsden
07-13-2007, 03:33 PM
So... why, when I go to my User Profile, don't I have permission to 'find all posts' or 'find all thread started' by myself?

I smell a conspiracy! :sly:

phattonez
07-13-2007, 03:42 PM
^^It would just be too convenient. Imagine if it was easy to find your first post, there would be chaos!

I'm sure it has something to do with server load, but what do I know?

Luigi
07-13-2007, 03:56 PM
So... why, when I go to my User Profile, don't I have permission to 'find all posts' or 'find all thread started' by myself?

I smell a conspiracy! :sly:

It falls under the same bracket as the forum search - only the staff and Premium Members can use it.

The_Amaster
07-13-2007, 04:11 PM
.........Nah, I like the conspiracy theory better. Perhaps it's to preent us from viewing the posts we made during that week that no-one on earth remembers and we all behaved like idiots because of the alien influence. Yes! That's it!

punkonjunk1024
07-13-2007, 09:27 PM
hay guyz whats goin on in this threadz

phattonez
07-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Absolutely nothing of substance, like Mooie said.

erm2003
07-13-2007, 09:32 PM
I am just glad that this thread is still going strong. It's one of the best threads that have been in General Discussion!

punkonjunk1024
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
I seriously just got up. That fucking rules. it's 830PM here.

Pineconn
07-13-2007, 10:59 PM
You suck. I got up at 7:45 A.M. today. Pineconn needs some sleep.

Which reminds me, sleeping is the weirdest thing ever.

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-13-2007, 11:04 PM
So, I just got back from Missouri today. Six hundred miles is a long time to spend on the road, but at least I had my "date" to a wedding tomorrow with me. I say date in quotations because we're just friends right now, and she has no idea that I intend to ambush her with shocking revelations very shortly. I presume that nobody cares, but I'll post updates anyway.

Also, I had a weird dream that I was on the show "Pirate Master" on CBS a few nights ago.

Also also, when I went to the UK in the summer of 2003 after I graduated, I'm pretty sure that the british version of the show was having troubles. I distinctly remember being told about some sort of ship built for a reality show sinking. I like the American version, but I'm still kinda hoping that happens here too. It's sort of the equivalent of a season of Survivor ending mid-way because the entire cast and crew were eaten by cannibals, which would be awful, but funny.

Awfully funny.

Pineconn
07-13-2007, 11:09 PM
Pirate Master is a clear rip off of Survivor. (Which makes sense, since the same guy came up with both shows.) Argh, I can't wait till Survivor: China comes on. It's about time Survivor got out of the Pacific islands.

phattonez
07-13-2007, 11:51 PM
You suck. I got up at 7:45 A.M. today. Pineconn needs some sleep.

Which reminds me, sleeping is the weirdest thing ever.

Sleeping is not weird, it's the coolest.

Darth Marsden
07-14-2007, 02:26 AM
Yeah! I wish I didn't have to get up at 7:00 every morning and could just sleep in, but no... Bloody employment... grumble grumble...

mrz84
07-14-2007, 08:06 AM
I have to get up at 6 am in the mrnings when I work. Uness I don't have to go in until the afternoon. Then I can sleep in a bit. Working at a hotel has it's perks sometimes...

biggiy05
07-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't have to work right now but I'm getting paid since I'm on leave from surgery. I don't sleep in very late, usually 8 or 9am and I'm awake.

Pineconn
07-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I'll be gone for a week. So you all can start crying now.

...Anyway, I'll have (for anyone who cares) the info on my Philmont trip hopefully on Saturday or Sunday.

Dechipher
07-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I had a date with this chick last night. We went to eat and then back to my house for a party for one of my brothers turning 21. I got smizashed and spent two hours vomitting. She stayed the night and I woke up with the worst hangover ever. Took her home, went in to work, got off at 11:30. Going back in at 6:45.

The last 24 hours of my life, right there.
Looking forward to Harry Potter 7.

punkonjunk1024
07-15-2007, 01:45 AM
hey guys guess what? I'm engaged to this hot ass chick who takes it up the butt. and it rules up the butt. We've been dating for like twooooo years. Thats almost 10&#37; of my life lol

Dechiphers post reminded me that I have hardly been on any dates in my life, and that's sweet. I'm pretty repulsive, which is usually only funny at first. Ergo, I evade dating. Unless going to a party with a chick, or sitting somewhere without food or entertainment counts as a date. Or sitting at home. Watching TV and playing videogames counts as a date. Then I fucking date all the time.

biggiy05
07-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Looking forward to Harry Potter 7.

Saw it on Friday. Little disappointed at how short it was and that they left what I thought were a few important parts of the book.

Aegix Drakan
07-15-2007, 11:09 AM
>_> the movie was #5 Biggiy.

# 7 is the final book. I'm also looking forewards to it, but I have to finish the Dragon Quartet first, THEN I want to re-read all the books starting with the fourth one.

*ahem* Just got back from a two week vacation to las vegas, the grand canyon, the desert and san francisco at midnight last night.

I have never seen a hole that big in my life... 0_0

Darth Marsden
07-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Did you go on that big glass bridge? Betcha didn't!

Utterly unfussed about Harry Potter 7. I hear this (http://fanfiction.mugglenet.com/viewstory.php?sid=31230) is better written anyway.

biggiy05
07-15-2007, 03:59 PM
>_> the movie was #5 Biggiy.

# 7 is the final book. I'm also looking forewards to it, but I have to finish the Dragon Quartet first, THEN I want to re-read all the books starting with the fourth one.

*ahem* Just got back from a two week vacation to las vegas, the grand canyon, the desert and san francisco at midnight last night.

I have never seen a hole that big in my life... 0_0

I wasn't even awake for more than 10 minutes...leave me alone to my corner!

Yeah book seven is something I'm looking forward to. Bummed about it being the last book though. I've heard rumors about what she's going to do with it after the series ends. Anyone got any links that confirm anything?

Also, I still stand by what I said in my groggy state about the movie earlier.