So... [Archive] - Page 19 - Armageddon Games Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

moocow
09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm only posting this because I want to have the 4,500th post :)

Russ
09-03-2008, 04:07 PM
The REALLY sad part is that this was your first thought after waking up. ;)
lol

I'm only posting this because I want to have the 4,500th post :)
Once again, lol

Wow, lots of lol. lol

:D

phattonez
09-03-2008, 04:16 PM
Speaking of milestones, it shouldn't be too long until I get a nice one for this thread.

Russ
09-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Ya, I just looks and I saw I recently passes 2,700. I don't pay much attention to my post count.

phattonez
09-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Hopefully you'll notice when you hit 3000. Did you ever make threads for when you hit 1000 and 2000?

Russ
09-03-2008, 05:44 PM
I did for 1,000. I just posted in here for 2,000.

Hopefully you'll notice when you hit 3000.
I actually misses it at Pure ZC. I just looked at my post count one day and noticed it was over 3,000. :D

phattonez
09-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Lol, I guess somebody will notice it before you will then.

Only one month left until the playoffs. For baseball fans, who do you think will go all the way? Right now, I hope it's the Dodgers of course, but the Rays look best poised to do it. They've been beating everyone and the Angels can't touch them. The only team that seems to stand a chance in the NL is the Cubs, but I don't know if they can without Zambrano.

MasterSwordUltima
09-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Hmm, looking for a new apartment is annoying. According to some apartment ratings sites, the only decent ones around all "terrible, don't meet minimum living standards, ghetto teenagers live there" what? I visited the place, and I didn't even see a single freaking person. [shrug]

The_Amaster
09-03-2008, 08:04 PM
and noticed it was over 3,000.
IT'S OVER 3000!!!
...sorry, that just entered my head when I read that.

According to some apartment ratings sites, the only decent ones around all "terrible, don't meet minimum living standards, ghetto teenagers live there" what? I visited the place, and I didn't even see a single freaking person. [shrug]

Those based on "former resident reviews" or something? Cause if so, I'd trust them.
Like the bad neighborhood in my city, where it's all peaceful by day, but we're currently in the middle of a turf-war at night. Police are finally taking drastic action after one pair of officers were forced to run a guy down to stop him from shoting into a crowd.

Aegix Drakan
09-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I know that there's someone here who's a lucid dreamer; do you have any tips on how to induce them?

:sly: Yeah, that's me.

...Aaaaaand Rock_nog pretty much said what I was gonna say. :(

the easiers way is do to reality checks over the course of the day. Just stop, look around, and determine if you are awake or not. It will carry over inno your dreams, and voila. So question reality, young padawan!

As for STAYING lucid... Well, I find in my longer lucid dreams, I just unqestioningly accept my lucid dream as my new reality. Basically, I dont' keep telling myself "I'm dreaming. I'm going to do this." I just say "Ok, I'll do this", and don't think too much about it being a dream. If you do, or you get too excited, you will likely wake up.

...but if you're like me, and your first good LD involves firing off kamehamehas everywhere...It's a bit hard not to get excited... XD

MasterSwordUltima
09-03-2008, 11:00 PM
...but if you're like me, and your first good LD involves firing off kamehamehas everywhere...It's a bit hard not to get excited... XD

Sute tells me that she has dreams where she does that to tornadoes all the time. She apparently has really good control over her dreams. I've only once done that, and it was more of I have psychic powers I can move stuff, kinda deal. But I did make an energy ball thing and I moved it with my mind. Cool stuff.

ZTC
09-03-2008, 11:52 PM
I see that I haven't been around for about two weeks :o

rock_nog
09-04-2008, 02:35 AM
I wish I could do that to tornadoes. I used to have nightmares about tornadoes. Heck, I remember this one dream from when I was a kid where our whole family was in the car, going down the highway, and suddenly a tornado came out of nowhere. It hit the car and sent it sailing through the air - god, I can still remember the sickening feeling in my stomach as the car tumbled around. I also remember hitting my head on the ceiling, which hurt (I mean, whatever happened to you can't get hurt in dreams?). The worst part though was, I woke up, and I still felt like I was tumbling through the air, and I could still see the inside of the car with my eyes closed - I had to leap out of bed just to get my bearings.

Russ
09-04-2008, 09:29 AM
YAY! I had a lucid dream! So I was in the back of my car, with a friend, and my mom was driving. She was also talking on the phone. I happened to glance at the clock, which said it was 9:28 PM. But it was daylight outside. I pointed it out to my friend. My mom whispered into her phone, "They know, head to the lake now!" So I started panicking. Then I though, "Hey, if it's just a dream, I can control it." So I made the car do all sorts of stuff, go around in circles, go down hills at extreme speeds, everything. When I though it was time for me to wake up, I simply drove down a steep hill at high speed and into a busy intersection. When I woke up, I felt like I had just gotten off a roller coaster.

Then, sleep paralysis. When I tried to go back to bed, I couldn't move. Couldn't talk. Couldn't scream. I heard noises. And the only feeling I had left was pure terror. It lasted for about five minutes. It was horrible. :shakeno:

But the lucid dream definitely made up for it. :D

phattonez
09-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Talk about a high to a low. Was that your first time getting sleep paralysis? I used to get it all the time but it's gotten a lot better recently. Basically if I just stick to a normal sleeping schedule and don't wake up too late then I have no problem. If I do get it, though, the best thing to do is just wait it out especially if it is a bad one. Sometimes it's pretty light so I can just "roll" out of it.

Jenny
09-04-2008, 03:32 PM
so, I've been in Arizona for a week, got back today (about 11:30am). it was pretty fun, lots to do, and things to see. we went to the top of one of the mountains, I think it was like 2500 feet above ground level or somthing like that. also went to a water park, it was fun but seemed kinda dinky for AZ. when we got back today it was raining cats and dogs, and so dad says "welcome home!" lol so yeah I cant wait till we go back next year. (we went to Phoenix btw)

and on a side note for today - Phoenix has a high of 102, and Waterloo has a high of 61 :(

Brasel
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM
I wish I could do that to tornadoes. I used to have nightmares about tornadoes. Heck, I remember this one dream from when I was a kid where our whole family was in the car, going down the highway, and suddenly a tornado came out of nowhere. It hit the car and sent it sailing through the air - god, I can still remember the sickening feeling in my stomach as the car tumbled around. I also remember hitting my head on the ceiling, which hurt (I mean, whatever happened to you can't get hurt in dreams?). The worst part though was, I woke up, and I still felt like I was tumbling through the air, and I could still see the inside of the car with my eyes closed - I had to leap out of bed just to get my bearings.

Tornadoes are a recurring theme in my nightmares. Its really weird. Always when my dreams turn sour, tornadoes show up.

I had a dream during my last deployment that we were receiving mortar fire on the FOB, so I went with a bunch of other guys to lay low in a bunker. It was so intensely real that I thought it was all really happening. All the sudden, a mortar landed right next to the bunker and exploded. I could even feel the heat of it. I was so sure that I had really died that when I woke up, I thought I was waking up in the afterlife. I slowly opened my eyes to see it was just my room and I had fallen asleep in the middle of the day while I was waiting to get the word to start gearing up to head home.

I still have dreams like that, but tornadoes usually show up, and then I know its just a dream.

MasterSwordUltima
09-04-2008, 03:50 PM
How come it seems that I'm the only one that doesn't seem to remember his dreams?

I usually just wake up feeling "meh".

Skulkraken
09-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Most of the time, I can only remember fragments of my dreams. Like, I'll remember doing something in my dream, but I don't remember why I was doing it. :S

Aegix Drakan
09-04-2008, 05:33 PM
@ Anthony: Oh gosh... >_< That must have really really freaked you out. I feel for you, man.

The_Amaster
09-04-2008, 06:18 PM
My lucid dreams only let me do stuff that makes sense for the setting. For example, if I'm on a spaceship I can cause aliens to attack, but I cant make a giant stuffed giraffe pop through the wall, say.

Aegix Drakan
09-04-2008, 06:28 PM
DAMMIT!

:mad: A week ago, I sent my CV to a graphic design company, and they only replied last night. ...I wasn't able to check my email last night. ...Oh, and they said they wanted an interview...TODAY AT 10 AM. ...I found out at 6PM.

...:sweat: Jeez, a little warning? OY...

The_Amaster
09-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Dude! That sucks. Are you going to call them up and explain, see if you can reschedle?

Icey
09-04-2008, 07:51 PM
How come it seems that I'm the only one that doesn't seem to remember his dreams?

I usually just wake up feeling "meh".

This describes me for at least 20 years of my life. I can remember like one or two dreams I had when I was little, and then I never remembered any of my dreams until very recently. And then in the past week I've remembered some weird dream I've had every night. The dreams are kinda borderline freaky, but since I never remember dreams, I am actually intrigued/excited that I can remember them rather than worried or freaked out.

Pineconn
09-04-2008, 08:03 PM
The more I try to think about my dreams, the more I tend to forget them. ...Which is why I never post them. I do dream... I think. :sweat:

The most vivid dream I remember is from when I was 4-years-old or so. The evil guy from the Inspector Gadget cartoon asked if he could borrow a pen.

The_Amaster
09-04-2008, 08:46 PM
My dreams tend to fade as well, and my most vivid is from early childhood also. The kids from Magic Schoolbus and I found a cabin in the woods, and when we entered it was like some fortune tellers hut. I was talking to a perfume bottle on a shelf that thought it was a pschycologist, when a witch came down the stairs, jumped over my living room couch, and began hurling green goop at us. We fled into the next room, which was made entirely of teal honeycomb. Then Mrs. Frizzle armed us with butterfly nets before revealing herself as the witch and chasing us down. And...I woke up.

Russ
09-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Talk about a high to a low. Was that your first time getting sleep paralysis? I used to get it all the time but it's gotten a lot better recently. Basically if I just stick to a normal sleeping schedule and don't wake up too late then I have no problem. If I do get it, though, the best thing to do is just wait it out especially if it is a bad one. Sometimes it's pretty light so I can just "roll" out of it.
Ya, it was the first time. I actually found out the noises I heard were real. Appearently the little girl next door and her mom were crying. Very mysterious people. They never come out, the blinds are always shut, and now this crying. :uhoh:

Well, I just got me wisdom teeth pulled today. They also dug out my twelve year molars, which were stuck under the gum. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Shazza Dani
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, I just got me wisdom teeth pulled today. They also dug out my twelve year molars, which were stuck under the gum. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

You're kinda young to get wisdom teeth. D:

phattonez
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I just got it today, and it was strange because I had woken up and thought about being paralyzed and then it happens. Hopefully you don't get attacks like I do where you get the paralysis, then wake up, then fall back asleep because you're so exhausted and then the whole process repeats over and over until you can finally break out of it. No way that a lucid dream ever makes up for that.

I've never had my teeth pulled (thanks to my orthodontists who may have made space in the gum line for my wisdom teeth), but I've heard terrible stories. How does it feel Russ?

The_Amaster
09-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I had to get two teeth pulled once when I was younger. When I was five I hit my upper lip on a plank of wood on our boat while we were over a huge wave, and although there was no immediete damage, a couple years later the two front teeth began to ache and it turns out hey had been subtley dislodged from the gums or something.

Yeah, getting them pulled was not fun for a seven-year old.

Okay, I'm currently torn. GLaDOS and HAL 9000 are two of my favorite fictional characters of all time. However, I can't decide which is my favorite, and if possible I'd like to add a third to the list because I could treat all three equally, because I'm OCD like that. I'm considering SHODAN, but I'd much prefer an actual physical computer with AI then simply a program. Any ideas?
Maybe Multivac, or Holly *shrugs*

Modus Ponens
09-05-2008, 07:32 PM
Any ideas?

How about ReDUX, the AI personality from Arthur C. Clarke's Technocracy? He had some pretty good lines (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0).

FirstWizZedd45
09-05-2008, 07:49 PM
Why the the super-computer AI from Deus Ex? Daedalus, that guy was nuts!

Russ
09-05-2008, 08:58 PM
You're kinda young to get wisdom teeth. D:
Well, my twelve-year molars were stuck under the six-year molars, so they had to remove the wisdom teeth to make room.

The funny thing about it was that I was so tired, after they gave me painkiller, I fell asleep on my own. So my parents didn't have to pay for anistetics. Just heavy-duty pain killer. :D

Aegix Drakan
09-05-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh gosh, I had 'em yanked too. :( My advice? LOTS AND LOTS OF CHICKEN SOUP.

And I'm lucky. I dont' think I've ever had sleep paralysis. This one time I came close, I think, but it didn't happen. I woke up, realized I couldn't move, and then, as all sorts of chaotic noises started to sound out, I thought "sleep paralysis", and somehow made my foot turn a tiny bit. Suddenly, POOF, gone.

...good thing my foot was facing the ceiling... easier to make it shift. That's the key to breaking SP. Force a tiny bit of your body to move (like the toes) and it's gone.

Shazza Dani
09-05-2008, 10:04 PM
My advice? LOTS AND LOTS OF CHICKEN SOUP.

NOOOOO!! D:<

=[

rock_nog
09-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Never had sleep paralysis. Once, however, I had this dream that I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep when this UFO shined a beam through my window, which startled me awake. The thing was, in my dream, I was lying on my back - when I woke up, I was lying on my stomach. I woke up so quickly that I wasn't entirely sure which way I was facing, and my attempts to get out of bed completely failed when I realized I was trying to bend my joints in ways that they weren't designed for at all. God, that was the freakiest feeling in the world - trying to bend my knee and discovering that it bent in completely the opposite direction I was expecting.

ZTC
09-05-2008, 10:52 PM
The store manager where I work decided to quit yesterday. The whole store is in disarray because of it. Aside from this monster headache, Monk and Psych were awesome tonight.

Russ
09-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Oh gosh, I had 'em yanked too. :( My advice? LOTS AND LOTS OF CHICKEN SOUP.

I've been living off smoothies and miso soup today. But I can't have anything solid. Right now, I can't even close my mouth completely.

Never had sleep paralysis. Once, however, I had this dream that I was lying in bed trying to go to sleep when this UFO shined a beam through my window, which startled me awake. The thing was, in my dream, I was lying on my back - when I woke up, I was lying on my stomach. I woke up so quickly that I wasn't entirely sure which way I was facing, and my attempts to get out of bed completely failed when I realized I was trying to bend my joints in ways that they weren't designed for at all. God, that was the freakiest feeling in the world - trying to bend my knee and discovering that it bent in completely the opposite direction I was expecting.
Dang you! I laughed at that, then my jaw hurt from laughing! It was simutaneously funny and painful! :rolleyes:

aces2022
09-06-2008, 05:00 AM

I actually had that too once. It was kind of one of those dreams that you awake to being awake but your not actually awake. I "awoke' to laying down flat floating through the air into my window. Then I woke up and couldn't move and didn't know why and then I realized I didn't even know which way was up.
Speaking of weird sleeping things, have you ever been sleeping holding your signifigant other close, and then wake up facing the other way? I had that once and she always woke up when I moved, but she was laying exactly how I rember when we fell asleep. It puzzles me to this day.

rock_nog
09-06-2008, 10:29 PM
I officially feel old - I just heard "I'm too sexy" in its entirety on the radio, and it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't actually heard that song on the radio in at least 15 years.

Shazza Dani
09-06-2008, 10:52 PM
How old are you?

rock_nog
09-06-2008, 11:08 PM
25 - just hit the big quarter-century a couple of weeks ago.

Pineconn
09-06-2008, 11:37 PM
Wahaha! (http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/2008region_9.html) Quake in fear of the Lakeview Bulldogs!

Last night's game against Geneva, however, made me sick. It was rainy and cold during the game and on the way back home (hour bus ride). I did nothing but eat and watch football today.

aces2022
09-07-2008, 04:02 AM
Ridgewood!!!
Woot Woot always a General here.
Took a little trip *took a little trip
Pushed them in them the river *pushed them in the river
I love running under the bleachers hearing your home crowd surge with excitement as WE WILL ROCK YOU comes on. There's no better bassline in the world than the stomping of your whole hometown coming to watch the first and final games of the season. Especially the first playoff game!

Aegix Drakan
09-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh gosh...

Just saw my friends yesterday, and this one guy said: "yo, you heard aobut that hurricane, right? The one called Ike?" "...yeaaaah?" "I feel sorry for those guys who are gonna get hit by it. After all, THEY'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM HIM!!"

...I didn't know whether to facepalm, or to laugh.

Russ
09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
If I were you, I'd do both. :D

Aegix Drakan
09-07-2008, 02:58 PM
If I were you, I'd do both. :D

I did, actually. XD

Russ
09-07-2008, 03:30 PM
It's been to days since my wisdon teeth were removed, and I still can't close my mouth all the way. It's going to be a long week.

rock_nog
09-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Phew, just got back from the store (and the bagger didn't double-bag, which means that my bags began to fall apart on the way home, and finally exploded right as I got through the door). Anyway, there was a sign advertising sirloin tip steaks $2.99 a lb. I thought that sounded like a good deal, so I decided to stock up. However, when I went over to the meat section, I couldn't find any sirloin tip steaks.

Apparently, the steak was a lie.

The_Amaster
09-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Ba dah bum! *rimshot*

Russ
09-07-2008, 06:59 PM
What's that supposed to mean?

Majora
09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
I can has 4550th post of this thread?

Shazza Dani
09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Russ beat you to it.

ShadowTiger
09-07-2008, 07:29 PM
He had the 4,550th reply. :p

Russ
09-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Post beats reply. :D

Shazza Dani
09-07-2008, 08:03 PM
So does anyone here use The Gimp? O:

ZTC
09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
used to. Why?

Russ
09-07-2008, 08:16 PM
What's The Gimp?

Shazza Dani
09-07-2008, 08:22 PM
I'd like to know if there's a way to auto-dither lines using The Gimp. What I'm doing it colouring a line drawing, and I don't want the outline to remain jagged. Can it be done?

phattonez
09-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like this place is festering with 4chan influence lately?

Shazza Dani
09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Is it just me or does it seem like this place is festering with 4chan influence lately?

http://xs220.xs.to/xs220/07423/Lol_wut_pack.jpg

Russ
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
This thread is slowly becoming a spam thread...

phattonez
09-07-2008, 09:59 PM
^^I don't see it, but as long as I don't see some of the most ridiculous 4chan acts here I'll be fine.

Aegix Drakan
09-07-2008, 10:12 PM
^^I don't see it, but as long as I don't see some of the most ridiculous 4chan acts here I'll be fine.

...I am so tempted to call up that "whole bottle" meme that my friend showed me yesterday... but I must restrain myself...

And if this place becomes like 4chan, I will cry, since I think 4chan is THE most retarded site ever. ...It's good for the occaisional epic thread that my friend saves, and shows me, but other than that...ugh...

Please don't let it happeeeeen... >_<

@ mighty darknut: >_< oh gosh...MAKE ME UNSEE IT!!!

phattonez
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
4chan has just gotten too popular and now everyone knows about it and acts like that's the norm for the internet (and in some ways it is). But now we're getting some of the refugees from there. If I wanted to go to that site I would go there, but I don't, so I come here.

aces2022
09-09-2008, 04:41 AM
Has anybody ever heard of when they used the Hubble telescope on a piece of space ,the size of a grain of sand, for 15 hours? It was done recently. They found more than 20000 galaxies. I don't know about you but looking up at the sky and seeing a great sea of black. I am now scared. There's alot of sand up there. It's completely uncomprehendable to me! Can any of you think of anything that could compare to that?

rock_nog
09-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Perhaps this will help.

Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space.

ShadowTiger
09-09-2008, 08:18 AM

How so, sir?

phattonez
09-09-2008, 10:35 AM
I've seen tons of those lolwut pictures recently and look at post 4551. DannWolf is the essence of 4chan.

Russ
09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
Has anybody ever heard of when they used the Hubble telescope on a piece of space ,the size of a grain of sand, for 15 hours? It was done recently. They found more than 20000 galaxies. I don't know about you but looking up at the sky and seeing a great sea of black. I am now scared. There's alot of sand up there. It's completely uncomprehendable to me! Can any of you think of anything that could compare to that?
Space is really big. Now, aethiests, tell me how that all came to be a big bang. :) No, seriously, don't. I'm just joking. Don't start a debate.

I've seen tons of those lolwut pictures recently and look at post 4551. DannWolf is the essence of 4chan.
Pretty soon 4chan will be the official language of AGN. :rolleyes:

rock_nog
09-09-2008, 12:06 PM
*facepalm* Just to clarify Russ - debate or no, you left out Catholics, most denominations of Protestants, Greek Orthodox, and a large portion of the Jewish community who also accept the Big Bang theory, as well as many other religions around the world. I know it's unusual for me to defend religion like this, but many religions have absolutely no problem with the Big Bang theory - the only real disagreement is on where the Big Bang itself came from - which honestly, at this point in time, is quite literally beyond the realm of understanding of science (not that science may not eventually one day have the answer).

Some even see the Big Bang as evidence of God's wonder - it's one thing to wave a magic wand, say Abra Cadabera, and POOF, have the universe come into existence - but to orchestrate a plan over billions of years that includes the formation of galaxies, stars, planets, and eventually, sentient life, all guided merely by a few very simple principles, that's truly epic.

Sorry, sorry, not trying to start a debate, just wanted to clarify that the Big Bang theory is not merely an "atheist" theory.

Russ
09-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Ya, I know some people too who believe God created the material neccesary for the Big Bang and then just let it go on its own. I just couldn't resist slipping something in. :D

rock_nog
09-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, well, I hope you're happy - you made me go defend religion, and now I feel all icky!

Russ
09-09-2008, 02:24 PM
In that case, I'm estatic! :)

phattonez
09-09-2008, 02:30 PM
It's not as evil as it seems rock_nog. ;)

Prrkitty
09-09-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, well, I hope you're happy - you made me go defend religion, and now I feel all icky!

Now now... actually religion doesn't need defending. It pretty much can and does stand on it's own. It's humanities insecurities that believe religion requires defending :)

<hug> No offense mind you :)

phattonez
09-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Pretty soon 4chan will be the official language of AGN. :rolleyes:

Once it takes over AGN you know that it will have taken over all of the internet. This forum may be the last bastion of sanity for online message boards.

rock_nog
09-09-2008, 03:18 PM
It's not as evil as it seems rock_nog. ;)
It's not that I think it's evil, though there is much to be said on the evils of religion (but we won't get into that). It's just that it goes directly against my view of the universe. I mean, it makes three basic assumptions:

1) There is a fundamental Cosmic Truth to everything.
2) That truth is knowable.
3) We humans have actually gained some access to that truth.

Now, but Cosmic Truth, I don't mean "Why are we here?" so much as "Where did we come from?" I mean, even religions are quick to point out that God works in mysterious ways, but certainly, there is some fundamental truth in that God created the universe.

It's just... In all I've seen of the universe, I've learned that I can't even trust what I can see with my own eyes. We could be in the Matrix. This could be a dream. It could all be something even more bizarre. Not to mention - well, look at subatomic particles. No matter how small we go, there always seem to be more. And the Big Bang - some scientists think that even it wasn't the beginning of things, but merely the product of an even more complex and bizarre event out there somewhere that may itself be merely a part of something else. As such, I have trouble with the concept that the ultimate fundamental nature of things is even knowable.

Really, it's just this universe is so big and complex, I have to raise an incredulous eyebrow whenever anybody runs up to me and says "I've got it all worked out!"

Pineconn
09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
And to follow that intelligent post:

I think this is an awesome marching band arrangement of School's Out.

http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/abetity/mbandmedia/School's%20Out.mp3

phattonez
09-09-2008, 10:25 PM
Does anyone else get jealous when they go by their old high school and see how much nicer everything else is there now? I went by my high school's football field today and now they have that synthetic grass (probably Field Turf). I remember marching through patches of dirt and mud and plenty of brown grass because they would never take care of that field. Well, I guess I'll have to get used to this.

Icey
09-09-2008, 11:32 PM
Yeah, my high school began constructing a new gym in my first year - effectively eliminating an entire parking lot -_- - and then finished after I left. They also have a real track and real football field now, which would have been nice when I was running track and cross country (we had to go to the neighboring public HS, since our track went like 3/4ths of the way then turned into grass...).

But, UCLA is way nicer anyway :p

phattonez
09-10-2008, 03:25 AM
But, UCLA is way nicer anyway :p

No doubt. I guess all of those kids should actually be jealous of my school if you think about it. Only about 3 people from my high school go to UCLA every year.

Aegix Drakan
09-10-2008, 06:29 PM
uuuugh... @_@ I hate it when I blink, and then end up napping.

Especially late in the day. It screws up my whole body. I glanced at my watch and thought "HOLY SHIT IT'S 6 O'CLOCK, I NEED TO RUN FOR THE BUS!!!!!" before realizing that it was PM, not AM...

...and My body is still sleepy.

...*looks at shi DS* ...yep...looks like those Ahriman killed me... I can't belive it happenned while I was playing FF4

aces2022
09-11-2008, 05:17 AM
I'm also playing that. The difficulty change is nice. I'm also playing Tactics again, but for the PSP. Tactics will not be out done by a sequal. It's kinda demotivating that the two after didn't even come close to the depth let alone the gameplay of the first one.... I haven't found a brand new game worth playing in a long while. Help me...pls.

Modus Ponens
09-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics is so fuckingly good. I bought the remake mostly for the potential to play against/alongside other people, but so far the opportunity to use that feature has not yet arisen.

aces2022
09-12-2008, 05:40 AM
Tactics and Dirge of Cerberus are the only reason I bought a PSP. Tactics so far doesn't dissapointed me. There are some weird changes in the way they say the words in the remake that almost change the story. I also hate how they made it so obvious it was Delita that was the traitor.

ZTC
09-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I was given the PSX version of Tactics in exchange for a few burned episodes of Bible Black; which I watched the whole orignal series last night straight through. I downloaded that two years ago and I've now just watched the first series. How lame is that? :p

Aside from that, after working over 3 years with Taco Bell, I'm posting my two weeks for a job a heck of a lot better than that. w00tcakes

Russ
09-12-2008, 11:43 PM
What's your new job?

aces2022
09-12-2008, 11:50 PM
Break a leg getting your new job. I have friend who has been working at McDonalds for about 4 years. He's not really good with his finances so he's kind of sifting through the hourglass with debt increasing. Hope your doing better than he is. I know that fast food biz will get you by, glad your going to get more.

rock_nog
09-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Man, I have just discovered the most delicious hangover cure - bacon. Partied a little too hard last night, and woke up with a pounding headache, and for some reason I had this inexplicable urge to stumble out of bed and go to the store to pick up some bacon. I'm so glad I did.

The_Amaster
09-13-2008, 05:11 PM
...man, that was kinda weird. Just was at my local GameCrazy, and I saw this mom going over Wii games with her son, looked about 5 years old. Their discussing which Mario game to get, and she's really taking her time with him, reading the back of the boxes. Then her 7 year old or so walks up, shows her a copy of GTA III and asks if he can get it. She looks at it, says "sure" and goes back to helping the other son.

Messed up world.

rock_nog
09-13-2008, 06:06 PM
Bleargh... Man, how do I keep ending up on these half-a-day cooking projects? Today's particular project was pizza. Ugh, making the dough was the worst. Oh well, I now have pizza and a lot of homemade tomato sauce which is orange because I added some carrot.

aces2022
09-14-2008, 03:06 AM
My uncle makes chili that turns out brown.:eyebrow: I don't know how it happens because he uses tomatoe sauce and puts normal chili ingredients in it. Tastes fine.

Icey
09-14-2008, 04:24 AM
Maybe because it has beef in it?

Since when is chili not supposed to be/allowed to be brown?

MasterSwordUltima
09-14-2008, 06:26 AM
Am I the only one who really didn't get that 4chan picture? -_-' (wait, thats good, right?)

Tactics and Dirge of Cerberus are the only reason I bought a PSP.
Dirge of Cerebrus is for the PSP now? I really enjoyed the PS2 version.

Anyway, here's some randomly good news. I went to play some lazer tag as usual, and the one GM basically asked me to work there. I can come in whenever I want, really, host a few games, and thats it. I get free lazer tag whenever I want, free drinks, and free food. $7.50 an hour is total BS compared to what I'm making now, but considering the stuff I'll be getting for free, I might just take this up as a weekend job/paying hobby.

Shazza Dani
09-14-2008, 07:31 AM
Am I the only one who really didn't get that 4chan picture? -_-' (wait, thats good, right?)

You mean the picture with the backpack? I purposefully posted that picture because nobody would understand it if they didn't know what it's referencing.

Prrkitty
09-14-2008, 02:02 PM
My uncle makes chili that turns out brown.:eyebrow: I don't know how it happens because he uses tomatoe sauce and puts normal chili ingredients in it. Tastes fine.

Tomatoes are red (and some can be yellow - but let's assume the red ones are used for this pot 'a chili)... and most chili has chili powder in it and the color of that is a dark red/brown...

The mixture of the two colors will make a somewhat brown color

rock_nog
09-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Yup - my chili always comes out brown, too - and I make some damn good chili, but it's the chili powder that does it. In fact, I use the color as an indicator for how much chili powder I need to add. Too much red = needs more chili powder.

aces2022
09-15-2008, 05:07 AM
Dirge of Cerebrus is for the PSP now? I really enjoyed the PS2 version.

Sorry for the mishap, I meant Crisis core. On the other hand I really miss home cooking. Actually I just miss American cooking. Thanks for the info on the chili powder thing. I never thought of that and I'm always looking for new little bits of life to add to recipes. Have you guys ever tried Potato lasagna? It's pretty much just the same as normal lasagna. But it take longer to cook since it has to be on low, and you have to wait for the potatos to soften up. Lots more cheese, and it's also much easier to change the taste without adding alot of hooplah. <-- Ya I said it

MasterSwordUltima
09-15-2008, 05:52 AM
All this talk of food has me cravin' to make me some home-made soup. [boils noodles + adds curry powder].

Anyway, anybody have any good short anime for me to watch? I don't want any 100+ episode ones, I like the less than 30 episode ones. Something not girly, please.

Aegix Drakan
09-15-2008, 06:54 AM
Look up FLCL.

6 episodes of absolute randomness. ...And it actually makes a good cohesive plot, expecially if you're into symbolism.

rock_nog
09-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Wow, I just learned that racism is a vicious cycle. I had this dream where I was getting on the bus, and there was this black man next to me who, for reasons on which I'm not entirely clear, called me a racist. So I turned back to him and said "You're just calling me a racist because I'm white. That makes you a racist." He then retorted, "You're assuming that because I'm black, I assume that all white people are racists. That makes you the racist here." And so on and so forth. And the pointlessness of that conversation taught me the important lesson that racism doesn't get us anywhere... or something to that effect, anyway.

Russ
09-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Wow, talk about circular reasoning. :rolleyes:

Pineconn
09-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Here's some exciting news:

The RNC called up my school's superintendent and asked if our band could play at the McCain/Palin rally at the Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport tomorrow. The scary thing is that I have to play my Nights in White Satin solo in front of... a lot of people. But yeah, tomorrow should be very exciting.

Modus Ponens
09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Sure, if you're a 'Publican.

Beldaran
09-15-2008, 06:37 PM
You should freak out during your solo and rip your pants off and have a big picture of Barack Obama taped to your crotch and then run off the stage screaming "I am the King of Pickles!"

The_Amaster
09-15-2008, 06:39 PM
Wow, I just learned that racism is a vicious cycle. I had this dream where I was getting on the bus, and there was this black man next to me who, for reasons on which I'm not entirely clear, called me a racist. So I turned back to him and said "You're just calling me a racist because I'm white. That makes you a racist." He then retorted, "You're assuming that because I'm black, I assume that all white people are racists. That makes you the racist here." And so on and so forth. And the pointlessness of that conversation taught me the important lesson that racism doesn't get us anywhere... or something to that effect, anyway.
QFT. One of my most close-held beliefs is that this cycle is at the root of racism, sexism, and orientationism, this idea of "we're 'us' and they're 'them'" and they all dislike us, so we should dislike them. All we can do is try to wipe the slate completly clean and start from scratch.
As impossible as that sounds, many kids of today are being raised that way, and it makes me glad.

ShadowTiger
09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
That was actually quite touching, Rock_Nog. I'm lucky to have not really had much of a chance come up to really think about racism in my own life, (It doesn't happen, really. I go to school in a very, very mixed area.) but I can only hope that I'm really as open minded (In fact, may that not even have to be a factor!) as I think/[i]hope[i] that I am.

Anyways, to change the topic somewhat, I am continually freaked out by how my sister, when in an extremely angry mood, breaks open my copy of Unreal Tournament GOTY Edition (The original.) and sets the difficulty to highest, and wins every match. Then she calms down, and sets it to 1/3 high, difficulty-wise, and loses occasionally. It's truly a terrifying sight. I have no idea how she manages to survive repeated rocket blasts alive from so close. It shouldn't be possible.

Pineconn
09-15-2008, 09:50 PM
You should freak out during your solo and rip your pants off and have a big picture of Barack Obama taped to your crotch and then run off the stage screaming "I am the King of Pickles!"

Hahaha. That would be so funny.

...Only I like my solo. Everyone likes the way it sounds (and the way I play it). And I also like McCain. :p

rock_nog
09-15-2008, 10:01 PM
Oh, come on Pineconn, you're far too young to like the Establishment. You've gotta stick it to the Man. Tell the government "Hey, I'm not a pawn for you, or anyone!" Don't let them deny you your sex, drugs, and rock and roll, baby!

Pineconn
09-15-2008, 10:06 PM
No thanks. I like McCain, plain and simple. :p

Sorry. (I'm not really sorry.)

phattonez
09-15-2008, 10:21 PM
Oh, come on Pineconn, you're far too young to like the Establishment. You've gotta stick it to the Man. Tell the government "Hey, I'm not a pawn for you, or anyone!" Don't let them deny you your sex, drugs, and rock and roll, baby!

Wouldn't that be a reason to be a libertarian, or even for McCain over Obama?

rock_nog
09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Yes, yes it would be an excellent reason to be a Libertarian. Nobody that young should be saying "Gee, I think the government is neat." Hell, nobody at any age should be rooting for the government in my opinion, but that's just me. No offense Pineconn, I'm just concerned about the future of the country here.

Russ
09-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Here's some exciting news:

The RNC called up my school's superintendent and asked if our band could play at the McCain/Palin rally at the Youngstown-Warren Regional Airport tomorrow. The scary thing is that I have to play my Nights in White Satin solo in front of... a lot of people. But yeah, tomorrow should be very exciting.
Awesome! What instrument do you play?

Yes, yes it would be an excellent reason to be a Libertarian. Nobody that young should be saying "Gee, I think the government is neat." Hell, nobody at any age should be rooting for the government in my opinion, but that's just me. No offense Pineconn, I'm just concerned about the future of the country here.
Hey, I'm 100% for McCain and Palin. There are a few things I disagree with McCain's plans, but he's pretty good in my eyes, and Palin makes up for what he lacks.

Pineconn
09-15-2008, 11:28 PM
Trumpet.

[Here (http://www.drivehq.com/file/df.aspx/publish/abetity/niws/Nights%20in%20White%20Satin.mp3)] is the official recording of the Nights in White Satin band arrangement we play. I take the upper part of the duet at the beginning and also the solo in the middle.

MasterSwordUltima
09-16-2008, 03:42 PM
I've seen FLCL the day it aired on Adult Swim a few years ago. Although awesome, its not something new to me.

I suppose it would've been nice to include the quote from the last page.

Pineconn
09-16-2008, 11:33 PM
It was fun. We got there, went through security, had an hour to sit and relax, and then we performed. We played Hang on Sloopy, our Fight Song (it's OSU's "Across the Field"), the NFL on Fox theme, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Hey! Baby!, Back in Black, Mellow Yellow, Green Onions, Nights in White Satin, School's Out, and Smoke on the Water. All memorized. Then some politicians gave some speeches, McCain and Palin arrived, they gave their speeches, and we left. Good experience overall.

MasterSwordUltima
09-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Woah, thats a lot of songs to memorize. I always thought it was impressive how bands/singers/instrument players have to memorize all of the notes and everything.

The_Amaster
09-17-2008, 10:04 AM
I can't speak for others, but for me at least it's always just been a feeling of playing it over and over, until it "just feels right".
Once you reach a certain point, you don't really conciously think about the song, you just ...play it.

I've started using the same technique on my schoolwork lately, and it works really well.

rock_nog
09-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Freow! Some pipe down the hall in my apartment building apparently sprang a leak or something - water was pouring down from the ceiling area (didn't really get a good glimpse) and of course the hallway is totally drenched. Thankfully there's already someone working on it, but wowsers, that's just not the kind of thing you want to see when you come home.

ShadowTiger
09-17-2008, 02:44 PM
Extremely off topic; Someone in the computer lab here just ripped a huge one, and I was the only one in the room to say "Bless you." Of course I realized all too late that it wasn't a sneeze.

I wonder who should be more embarrassed. Sucks to be the nice guy, huh. :-/

rock_nog
09-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Didn't you know, ShadowTiger - a fart is simply your soul trying to escape your body through your ass.

Dang, now I want to try that on the next person I hear rip a big one, just to see how high I can crank the awkward-o-meter.

Russ
09-17-2008, 06:39 PM
ST, that's just hilarious! I got to try that one out! :)

ShadowTiger
09-17-2008, 08:48 PM
lol thanks. I did my fair share of chuckling in my seat as well.

Also, the Font Conference (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i3k5oY9AHHM) was pretty awesome. Wingdings looked like my old history teacher. Sounds like him too. ._O

Also, Rock_Nog, may I ask, what / who is your avatar, please? :)

phattonez
09-17-2008, 10:03 PM
She looks like one of the dancers from the intro of Batman Beyond.

rock_nog
09-17-2008, 10:06 PM
She's Death, from the Pearl Jam music video "Do the Evolution."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoNmNmXExZ8

EDIT: Funny you should mention that, phattonez, as one of the directors of Batman: the Animated Series worked on the video.

ShadowTiger
09-17-2008, 10:33 PM
You can really tell. It has the same sort of animative style about it. It's pretty obvious, if not from the purple girl herself.

Also, Jesus Golfs (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1827534). I'm spending tonight on CollegeHumor.

Shazza Dani
09-18-2008, 08:47 AM
I haven't had a single post in the past two pages so I feel like I have to post now.

‰ <- That is a very strange character. Someone tell me what it means.

Russ
09-18-2008, 09:58 AM
It's a mutated percent sign.

phattonez
09-18-2008, 11:50 AM
There's many more strange characters, like:

☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○◙♂♀♪♫☼►◄↕‼¶§▬↨↑↓→←∟↔▲§ΦΘΩδ∞φε∩≡±≥≤⌠⌡à ·≈°∙·√ⁿ²

Shazza Dani
09-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Those aren't strange characters; their uses are all fairly obvious. What about these: ¤ ‰ ‡ † „ ƒ I'm rather fond of the one that looks like an F-hole. ƒƒ

phattonez
09-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Does this look familiar to you?

ƒ(x)

Shazza Dani
09-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Lawl, of course not. *phails at math*

F-HOLEEE
http://www.musicgadgets.net/images/yamaha_2Dcv820_2Dwb.jpg

phattonez
09-18-2008, 01:12 PM
If you don't recognize it, how do you know it's something math related?

Shazza Dani
09-18-2008, 02:55 PM
Because of the x and parenthesis. It looks mathmatical, but I've never seen the ƒ used in math before.

phattonez
09-18-2008, 03:04 PM
You've never heard the phrase "f of x" or just the word "function?"

Shazza Dani
09-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I don't believe so. I really didn't learn anything in my math classes in highschool. It's a wonder I passed.

phattonez
09-18-2008, 03:27 PM
What math class did you make it up to?

Shazza Dani
09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Probably, like, Algebra 1… I think. And I only took that for half a year, and I was failing. This discussion is making me feel sooo intelligent, thanks.

phattonez
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Heyyy, no problem. That explains why you wouldn't know about ƒ(x), no problem.

phattonez
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
EDIT

Pryme8
09-18-2008, 06:10 PM
BLAST FROM THE PAST!@!

booyha bitchs

Aegix Drakan
09-18-2008, 09:49 PM
:o Looks like the jar of souls has sucked back another oldbie.

Welcome back.

Pineconn
09-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Don't mess with me. They made only 3 Metroid Prime games, not 8.

Russ
09-18-2008, 10:51 PM
This thread is slowly becoming spam. I'm worried. :uhoh:

phattonez
09-18-2008, 11:04 PM
This thread became spam on page 2 (but I have 40 posts per page).

Pineconn
09-18-2008, 11:09 PM
I think this thread turned to spam after [this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1122877&postcount=1)] post.

Russ
09-19-2008, 12:42 AM
True. Very true. :)

Modus Ponens
09-19-2008, 03:38 AM
‰ <- That is a very strange character. Someone tell me what it means.

You know how % means "percent", or "per hundred", and means 1/100? So 5% is 5/100, or .05? Well, ‰ means "per mille", or "per thousand," and means 1/1000. So 5‰ is 5/1000, or .005.

The More You Knowâ„¢

Icey
09-19-2008, 03:47 AM
You know how % means "percent", or "per hundred", and means 1/100? So 5% is 5/100, or .05? Well, ‰ means "per mille", or "per thousand," and means 1/1000. So 5‰ is 5/1000, or .005.

The More You Knowâ„¢

Exactly.

By the way, you could just paste the symbol into wikipedia to get to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%80%B0

Same for the other ones:
¤ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C2%A4
‡ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%80%A1
☼ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E2%98%BC

and so on and so forth

Shazza Dani
09-19-2008, 04:33 AM
Aah, the wonders of Wikipedia.

The_Amaster
09-19-2008, 07:24 AM
Wikipedia is how I pass the hours when I have nothing to do, just clicking from page to page. Yesterday was the Mandelbrot Set, and now I have to see if our graphing calculators can graph in a complex plane. :D

Russ
09-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Wikipedia is simply amazing. Where would we be without it?

rock_nog
09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Speaking of Wikipedia, this is amusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc6vgCtecQY

ShadowTiger
09-19-2008, 10:50 AM
Funny you should mention it. (http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1830262)

EDIT: Holy crap. I do love a good simultaneous post, eh? *Monacle*

rock_nog
09-19-2008, 10:52 AM
LMAO ShadowTiger - get out of my head!

Pryme8
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
What are we gonna do when the world wide web crashes and man goes into another dark ages.... Losing wiki will be like the burning of the library of alexandria...

Modus Ponens
09-19-2008, 02:04 PM
That College Humor video is rad, and the guy who says "Your tone isn't even close to neutral, and where are you getting these facts?" and "Vandalism!" is Jeff the managing editor, and he appears in ON Networks' Play Value video podcast, which is an excellent show about the history of video games. I recommend checking it out.

rock_nog
09-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I need to get a tattoo. One that says "I don't have money and I don't want to hear about your imaginary friend who lives in the sky." Seriously, for some reason people kept either asking me for money or wanting to talk to be about Jesus today.

The_Amaster
09-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Were you wandering the streets of a large city? That's where they tend to spawn.

Russ
09-19-2008, 07:48 PM
I need to get a tattoo. One that says "I don't have money and I don't want to hear about your imaginary friend who lives in the sky." Seriously, for some reason people kept either asking me for money or wanting to talk to be about Jesus today.
To (probably incorrectly) quote a comedian:

I wan't you to feel comfortable, so I'd like to talk to you about Jesus... Seriously, is there anything more uncomfortable than being told "I'd like to talk to you about Jesus." We could say that to the Pope and he'd be like "Wo there, back off freak!"

Anyways, yes, I myself find those people somewhat annoying. There are better ways to convert people than ambushing them on street corners.

rock_nog
09-19-2008, 08:11 PM
I live in St. Paul. Not exactly a huge city, but it's definitely got its big-city areas (and unfortunately, I live near one because I don't have a car/don't believe in owning one and it's convenient for school).

Aegix Drakan
09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
I've never seen that happen in Montreal. 0_o

The oddest thing I've had happen was this one guy who came up to me and a friend, and said "Look, my family is trying to kill me, the government don't believe shit, and I need to get out. Can you give me a hand, or some-"
Then my friend cut him off.
Friend: "Whitehorse"
Guy: "what?"
Friend: "Whitehorse! It's in the Yukon. No one is gonna find you there"
Guy: "but how am I supposed to get there?"
Me: "...Walk?"

And then we left him behind.

...that, and I saw a street beggar with a sign saying "Please donate to the beer fund". I almost gave him some change just so I could say "Well, least you're honest".

aces2022
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
You know some of those beggers make more money than you do. Some sit out there all day doing nothing all day except asking for change. That change adds up when thousands of people give him change. Some even give bills. It's possible they could make over $70000 a year. Seriously They work longer, they don't spend it on gas. Some go back to sweet ass homes, then they save money on water because they don't shower.
It's THEIR daily job.

Shazza Dani
09-20-2008, 04:59 AM
To (probably incorrectly) quote a comedian:

That comedian would be Jim Gaffigan, and the quote is:

"I do want everyone to feel comfortable, that's why I'd like to talk to you about Jesus.

'He better not.'

It doesn't matter if you're religious or not, does anything make you feel more uncomfortable than some stranger going, 'I'd like to talk to you about Jesus'?

'Yeah, I'd like you not to.'

We could say that to the Pope, 'I want to talk to you about Jesus', he'd be like, 'Easy freak. I keep work at work'.

I have to admit, that was a good impression of the Pope."

rock_nog
09-20-2008, 09:26 AM
It's the absolute worst when you know the person because you've seen 'em before. Especially when they use the same damn sob story. Car ran out of gas, daughter in the car, blah blah blah, yeah, I know, you told me the same damn thing last week, and I have a friend that you tried that line on a couple of times, too. Oh, and one more helpful pointer - if you happen to see your buddy while you're out scamming, don't be an idiot and go up and say hi to 'em.

Oh, and speaking of Mandelbrot sets:

http://www.lib.fit.edu/pubs/librarydisplays/fractals/b&wzoom.gif

Oh, and graphing on the complex plane isn't really that difficult - complex numbers are easily converted into x/y coordinates, which is how computers plot Mandelbrot sets. The tricky part is programming the equation and scaling the numbers up so they can be properly displayed on a screen.

The_Amaster
09-20-2008, 09:48 AM
*signing*
"Just take a point called Z n a complex plane
let Z1 be Z squared plus C
Z2 is Z1 squared plus C
Z3 is Z2 squared plus C
and so on
if the series of Z's will always stay
close to Z and never trend away
that point is in the Mandelbrot Set
Mandelbrot set
you're a rorshach test on fire
you're a day glo pterodactyl
your a heart shaped box of strings and wire
you're one badass f****ing fractal
and you're just in time to save the day
sweeping all our fears away
you can change the world in a tiny way..."

-Johnathan Coulton, "Mandelbrot Set"

Modus Ponens
09-20-2008, 12:38 PM
Jonathan Coulton FTW. He was the greatest highlight of PAX. He played Birdhouse In Your Soul! Birdhouse In Your Soul! <3

The_Amaster
09-20-2008, 04:13 PM
HOLY CRAP!
Our Drama club began Haunted House construction today, right?
Normally on a given day we get 10-15 walls built.
Today we got 48! I have never seen a day like this before. We are so ahead of schedule it's not even funny.

aces2022
09-20-2008, 10:51 PM
That's alot of walls! How big is your stage?

The_Amaster
09-20-2008, 10:59 PM
67 feet by 48, but we're keeping a decent margin around the edges, so say 56 by 40 of useable space. And we build from 8x8 or 4x8 walls, so everything's built on a 4ft grid.

Hehe, I got to plan it out this year. It's gonna be frickin sweet. Switchback doors, walls you can see through, but not get past, arrows pointing the wrong direction...our maze rules.

Beldaran
09-20-2008, 11:36 PM
walls you can see through, but not get past,

So... windows?

Pryme8
09-21-2008, 01:43 AM
no doors...

Russ
09-21-2008, 02:38 AM
Sounds awesome. Take lots of pictures of it and post them here.

MasterSwordUltima
09-21-2008, 03:59 AM
Oh man, I cracked up so bad at your post Belderan. For some reason I can't give you rep though.

rock_nog
09-21-2008, 07:49 AM
*shudders*
Oh God, I've had a lot of weird dreams, but last night... Unspeakable evil... Somehow I got 4chan in my dreams. Dear God - it was just a never-ending stream of random crap and nonsequiters. I blame those damn Youtube Poop videos. Now if you'll excuse, I'm going to curl up in the fetal position on my living room floor and never go to sleep again.

MasterSwordUltima
09-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Well since I'm bored, I found my way over to eBay and spent $10 on a universal remote keychain that I can use to mess around with at Walmart or Best Buy or whatever restaurant that has TVs.

If I had $50 I didn't need for things I give a damn about, I would totally get this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/2GB-MP3-MP4-Metallic-Watch-Player-Voice-Recorder_W0QQitemZ350091346115QQihZ022QQcategoryZ8 7286QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

The_Amaster
09-21-2008, 09:23 AM
So... windows?
Eh, yeah, well, arches from an old set covered in chicken wire.
Yeah, I'll get photos.

Well since I'm bored, I found my way over to eBay and spent $10 on a universal remote keychain that I can use to mess around with at Walmart or Best Buy or whatever restaurant that has TVs.
...dude, I want one. That would be SO AWESOME!

rock_nog
09-21-2008, 11:10 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/stove_ownership.png

Mmm... Bacon... Yeah, I literally ran to the store this morning to pick up some bacon because I suddenly thought, "You know what would be really good right now?"

Aegix Drakan
09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
:P mmmm...Bacon.

And :D! I managed to get my hands on a copy of Sonic Adventure DX. I've been looking for it for a little while now.

Russ
09-21-2008, 02:04 PM
Have fun with that. Tell me if it's any good. ;)

MasterSwordUltima
09-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Have fun with that. Tell me if it's any good. ;)

I don't think bacon is ever not good.

rock_nog
09-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Think he was replying to Aegix about his new Sonic game. At least, I assume - because you're right, bacon is never not good. Unless it's horribly burned, I guess.

MasterSwordUltima
09-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Think he was replying to Aegix about his new Sonic game. At least, I assume - because you're right, bacon is never not good. Unless it's horribly burned, I guess.

I was completely aware of that. It just seemed like too good of a thing to pass up.

Anyway, so I hit my head something fierce against a nice thin piece of industrial steel saturday, and I've got a decent lump right on the top of my head. Now I feel absolutely dizzy and nauseous, not to mention a concentrated headache right around where I hit my head. This blows.

Aegix Drakan
09-21-2008, 10:06 PM
you're right, bacon is never not good. Unless it's horribly burned, I guess.

nonono, even WHEN it's burned, it's still good. It's just not awesome.

@ russ: Yeah, it's great. Ok, so the facial expressions and close up are terrible, but the gameplay is absolutely incredible.

@ MSU: Ouuuch...That really sucks. And wait... I could SWEAR I read the exact same post a year ago, only it was not a piece of industrial steel...

I hope it heals quick, and If it happens again...Wear a helmet everywhere.

And I must raise a galss to the guy who invented Jack Daniels! One shot of that stuff, and my overpowerful imagination powers down. And trust me, when it starts going in places I don't want it to go... :(

...I need to find a way to get a bottle of that stuff, a shot glass, and not have my family know about it (I think they'd find me crazy or something. XD) ...Yes, I just did have a shot. At a friend's house, just now.

aces2022
09-22-2008, 04:28 AM
Great now I need a BLT!

Russ
09-22-2008, 10:54 AM
A BLT is a disgraceful degrading maner of eating bacon. It should be made illegal. To make bacon suffer such a horrible castizement is cruel.

phattonez
09-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Does anyone else think that bacon is just terribly overrated? I mean if I had the choice between bacon and sausage, it's sausage all the way (unless it's chewy bacon, crispy bacon is worse than anything).

rock_nog
09-22-2008, 11:04 AM
Well that's what I'm talking about here, chewy bacon. You want it well cooked, but you don't want to lose that delicious meaty texture.

Beldaran
09-22-2008, 01:27 PM
I like to burn my bacon until its crispy, but then again I don't eat "real" bacon. I eat turkey bacon.

Russ
09-22-2008, 01:40 PM
Bacon is the supreme meat. It is 10,000 times better than sausage.

Anyways, I generally eat my bacon crispy, but I don't dislike chewy by any stretchof the imagination either.

In other news, Pure ZC is also on a bacon obsession. One of the birthday topics over there was even called "Bacon". What is it with the internet and bacon?

Shazza Dani
09-22-2008, 03:09 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/27/61461873_a66f7e49e5.jpg

Modus Ponens
09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
The suicide note says, "I am delicious".

Dann Woolf
09-22-2008, 03:52 PM
:P mmmm...Bacon.

And :D! I managed to get my hands on a copy of Sonic Adventure DX. I've been looking for it for a little while now.

I know how you feel. I've been looking for a copy of Sonic Mega Collection for the 'Cube for ages now, but still no luck.

I have Gems Collection, but... it just doesn't fill the void.

Shazza Dani
09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
I know how you feel. I've been looking for a copy of Sonic Mega Collection for the 'Cube for ages now, but still no luck.

I have Gems Collection, but... it just doesn't fill the void.

Oi, look! I found it. [linky (http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Mega-Collection-GameCube/dp/B00006LU9B/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1222120078&sr=8-3)]

The_Amaster
09-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Bacon is actually the only pork product I'm enthusiastic about. Ham is alright, I could take pork chops or leave them, but bacon freaking rules.

Russ
09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Bacon is actually the only pork product I'm enthusiastic about. Ham is alright, I could take pork chops or leave them, but bacon freaking rules.
Same here.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/27/61461873_a66f7e49e5.jpg
That's quite saddening. :cry: Poor piggy!

phattonez
09-22-2008, 08:16 PM

Blasphemy! There is no better pork product than ham.

aces2022
09-23-2008, 05:29 AM
Ham should have never been put on the dinner table. I would rather eat frogs.

Shazza Dani
09-23-2008, 09:05 AM
*would rather eat soy* >.>

Yoshiman
09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
I honestly think I'm the only person who still eats meat, but doesn't like bacon all that much.

MasterSwordUltima
09-23-2008, 03:17 PM
I love how page 188 is nothing but talk about bacon.

Which is made to perfection when slightly crispy.

The first post in a page, two pages in a row? C-C-C-COMBO!!

Shazza Dani
09-23-2008, 03:37 PM
http://assets.mog.com/pictures/artists/0000/0000/4832/pictures/55444.jpeg

phattonez
09-23-2008, 08:04 PM
C-C-C-COMBO!!

More 4chan influence? :sick:

moocow
09-23-2008, 09:25 PM

I like it burnt to a crisp.

Russ
09-23-2008, 09:58 PM
Well any way bacon can be cooked is better than ham.

phattonez
09-23-2008, 09:59 PM
^^No way that rare bacon is better than warm ham. Everyone should be able to agree on that.

rock_nog
09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
That's Commie talk. Rare bacon is way better than warm ham. Not that I'm disparaging ham, it's just that bacon wins every time.

The_Amaster
09-23-2008, 10:07 PM
...eh, true, rare bacon is kinda nasty.

phattonez
09-23-2008, 10:13 PM
That's Commie talk. Rare bacon is way better than warm ham. Not that I'm disparaging ham, it's just that bacon wins every time.

Bleeding meat bacon wins?

ShadowTiger
09-23-2008, 10:25 PM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/x_girls_y_cups.png

If this were anything accurate, I would be laughing my arse off how "Zero girls, zero cups" could attain any hits.

Heh. Nihilist pr0nz.

Or Zero girls, two cups.

Some pretty damn fine cups there, yeah.

The_Amaster
09-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Mmmm, now you know what's good? Prosciutto. It's like the Fraser of bacon; a spin off that is actually better than the original. (Well, maybe not historicly, I'm not sure how long it's been around)

Stuff is fabulous over melon or chicken.

Russ
09-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Anywone find it sad that we've devoted almost two pages of this thread to discussing bacon? Well shame on you. Bacon is awesome.

But not ham. Ham is bad.

aces2022
09-24-2008, 04:56 AM
Has anybody ever heard of the game Euchre? yoo ker It's was introduced in Ohio. Most people outside don't know about the game. It's a great game and I was just wondering if it was still pretty much an Ohio exclusive kind of thing.

erm2003
09-24-2008, 05:16 AM
Just an Ohio thing? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euchre)

At any rate, yes, I played Euchre a lot in college. Every now and then, if we can actually get people together, we try to have a Euchre night here and there. I think the game is a bit more popular and widespread than you think though. :)

rock_nog
09-24-2008, 07:35 AM
Bleeding meat bacon wins?
I like all my meats bloody. I want is as least-cooked as possible while still being safe to eat.

Shazza Dani
09-24-2008, 08:40 AM
I like all my meats bloody. I want is as least-cooked as possible while still being safe to eat.

'Scuse me whilst I go vomit.

Russ
09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/russad/bacon.jpg

http://www.freewebs.com/russad/bacon2.jpg

Bacon.

Okay, you've got to laugh at those! :)

phattonez
09-24-2008, 11:16 AM
So David Blaine is hanging upside down in New York. Does anybody even pay attention to this guy anymore?

rock_nog
09-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Hanging upside down in New York does sound like a classic call for attention. Though, if you want people to pay attention to you for doing something weird, New York is the last place I'd pick.

phattonez
09-24-2008, 11:47 AM
But I just wonder: why doesn't he even do magic anymore?

Pryme8
09-24-2008, 11:49 AM

Mmmmm hell yea, the blood has all the flavor!

rock_nog
09-24-2008, 11:54 AM
I believe Jesus and the Super Best Friends put an end to his magic career.

Russ
09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
Speaking of magic, have you seen Chris Angel? The stuff he does is amazing!

phattonez
09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
^^Yeah but he's so, weird.

Pryme8
09-24-2008, 01:08 PM
The Amazing Johnathan, is the best magician EVER@!

Modus Ponens
09-24-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm a GOB fan, myself. I mean, where did the lighter fluid come from?

Shazza Dani
09-24-2008, 02:08 PM
The Amazing Johnathan, is the best magician EVER@!

I LOVE The Amazing Johnathan. =] I have his special, "Wrong On Every Level", on my computer. In fact, I might watch that today.

ShadowTiger
09-24-2008, 02:14 PM
I love his acts too. His "Here, have a peanut" schtick was excellent on its own.

He reminds me of Elliot the Hawk (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyV7n4WstMY) a bit. It's like, the only "card trick" I can actually perform.

Pryme8
09-24-2008, 02:34 PM
I love how he jacks people for their $20 straight punks them...

Pineconn
09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Has anybody ever heard of the game Euchre? yoo ker It's was introduced in Ohio. Most people outside don't know about the game. It's a great game and I was just wondering if it was still pretty much an Ohio exclusive kind of thing.

Being an Ohioan, I've never even heard of it. I feel like such a... non-Buckeye.

Pryme8
09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Ive played Euchre before...

Shazza Dani
09-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I've never heard of it, but I'm not one for card games. I don't know how to play anything other than solitaire.

rock_nog
09-24-2008, 04:48 PM
I've played Euchre - some friends from Wisconsin exposed me to it. But yeah, I gotta say, generally speaking, I don't like card games that much. Way, way back, in my senior year of high school, me and a few of my friends were exempt from pretty much all of our final exams - however, the rules said we still had to show up for class... Thus, we passed like two and a half days with nothing to do but play cards.

I will say, though, that there was a bright side - I ran into a friend of mine who was video taping her last day in high school, and we went to hang out in one of the science teacher's rooms because he didn't have any classes that hour. He had a computer which students used to download music, and so we were playing music, and she made me record her dancing to the Super Mario Bros. song. The best part was, at the end of the song, it went to the "game over" music, and she happened to trip and fall at that exact moment, and she also just happened to have a bunch of coins in her pockets, which all went spilling out onto the floor. It was truly epic.

Shazza Dani
09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
Video or it didn't happen. O:>

Aegix Drakan
09-24-2008, 07:27 PM
The best part was, at the end of the song, it went to the "game over" music, and she happened to trip and fall at that exact moment, and she also just happened to have a bunch of coins in her pockets, which all went spilling out onto the floor. It was truly epic.

EPIC WIN. XD that's hilarious!

Shazza Dani
09-25-2008, 07:28 PM
*is watching The Amazing Johnathan now* Yay~

http://magicautographs.com/images/264_amazing_johnathan.jpg

Majora
09-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I love how page 188 is nothing but talk about bacon.

The first post in a page, two pages in a row? C-C-C-COMBO!!

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/stove_ownership.png

EDIT: Page 48 for me.

Majora
09-25-2008, 08:59 PM
'Scuse me whilst I go vomit.

Oh god not this again xD I kid, I kid. I miss the days of mindless debating and being a douchebag towards people... oh, wait, I STILL do that. (but only on PZC ;))

rock_nog
09-26-2008, 05:31 PM
Man, why can I never decide what to do for dinner?

Shazza Dani
09-26-2008, 05:35 PM
I just ate a bunch of lettuce and vegetables on wheat bread. How very stereotypically vegetarian of me. >.>

BY THE WAY, did you know today is Hug a Vegetarian Day? None of you people get any hugs. >=[

rock_nog
09-26-2008, 05:42 PM
That's not food - that's what food eats.

The_Amaster
09-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I laik red meat and I cannot lie
you othah brothas can't deny
when a waiter walks in
with a big red steak
and it wiggles and it shakes
you get HUNGRAY!

Majora
09-26-2008, 08:07 PM
That's not food - that's what food eats.

I couldn't've said it better myself. But, according to your logic, mighty_darknut is now food, you sick sick man. D:

Archangel
09-26-2008, 08:11 PM
I'll give you a hug Darknut. I'm not a vegetarian, but I understand the concept. It goes back to the Fall which affect all living things, not just humans. If you believe that sort of thing. ^_^ Also, how do you compensate the lost of essential proteins and fatty acids gained from meat and dairy?

rock_nog
09-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Why do I get the distinct impression that this is not the first time the topic of cannibalism has been brought up in this thread?

Shazza Dani
09-26-2008, 08:43 PM
…how do you compensate the lost of essential proteins and fatty acids gained from meat and dairy?

Soy, peanuts/peanut butter, kidney beans, black beans, etc.

phattonez
09-26-2008, 09:16 PM
^^Basically plants. They have incomplete proteins, which means you need a wide variety of plants to get all of your essential amino acids.

So yes, you don't need meat to get protein Archangel.

Russ
09-26-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey, as long as you eat that wide variety of plants, you're good.

I've thought about vegetarianism before, but I could never give up steak and bacon. They're just too good. And don't even get me started about seafood...

phattonez
09-26-2008, 10:30 PM
I tried it one lent where the only meat I had was fish. It's really not too hard (although your food choices get really limited). It was weird after lent though when I started eating meat again. It just felt so wrong for about a month.