PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Modus Ponens
08-02-2008, 02:43 PM
i know, horrible joke. ;)

GO TO HELL. GO DIRECTLY TO HELL. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200.

Brasel
08-02-2008, 03:19 PM
I was almost sad for you too, dickface.

That picture is extremely convincing. I can't wait to get my own dog.

ZTC
08-02-2008, 11:52 PM
lmfao. Now that's a cool trick.
I've sent in a few payments for my student loan and haven't heard anything until today. From another loan company. Stating my orignal balance along with a nice Past Due notice. Now I need to find out what the hell is going on. :/

MasterSwordUltima
08-03-2008, 11:22 PM
So on saturday I got sniped in the forehead. Since I was about 25 feet from the shooter, and the gun shot at about 400fps, I now have a killer welt on my head, that I will probably need to drain.

I love airsoft.

rock_nog
08-04-2008, 12:11 AM
BOOM HEADSHOT! I mean, that sounds terrible.

ZTC - is this other loan company legit? Just asking, 'cause there's always the potential for some sort of phishing scam or something.

Russ
08-04-2008, 01:03 AM
And I have to say, Earthbound was the only RPG that I've ever really played all the way through (I just finished it a few days ago). A game that doesn't take itself too seriously and is thoroughly entertaining. I only wish that more came out in the US.
Now you're talking my kind of subject. I actually just finished it a few months ago, but I love it.

RIP Nanook 2007-2008

http://i36.tinypic.com/a9tukj.jpg

we woke up to find Nanook like this near our bed. he passed comfortably in his sleep and the vet says he wasn't in any pain.

we're going to auction off all his toys on eBay to raise enough money to buy another dog. if you're interested in owning a piece of Nanook's life then send me a PM.
I almost had aheart attack when I read that. DON'T DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT AGAIN!

rock_nog
08-04-2008, 12:42 PM
*yawn* Hoo boy, I stayed up till 4:00 last night playing Counterstrike. Totally worth it, too. Granted, I suck at Counterstrike, but the people on the server were hilarious. It was one of those times when the voice chat was more entertaining than the actual game.

MasterSwordUltima
08-04-2008, 01:58 PM
I can hardly ever take Counterstrike seriously anymore. Just because you see some totally decked out dudes with guns and then you hear prepubescent kids' voices, and my mind just can't match that together.

Kinda like how in the one series of Power Rangers, a little kid is the blue ranger, and he grows like 3 feet when he gets in his gear. WTF

Modus Ponens
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is the American version of the Japanese show Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ky%C5%8Dry%C5%AB_Sentai_Zyuranger). In fact, all the scenes in which the heroes are morphed into their Power Ranger selves are taken directly from the original show. Thus, in the American version, little Trini Kwan morphs not only into the Yellow Ranger but also into a man, as Yellow is a dude in the original Japanese series.

ShadowTiger
08-04-2008, 02:33 PM
And I just stumbled upon Nozzle Rage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17b3WIciRvs)....

ZTC
08-04-2008, 10:40 PM
rock_nog, it was one of those stafford loans or something, and apparently it was sold to another company without any notification to me. All the information was transferred except the money I paid on it. Luckily for me, I only took out one for one simester at a community college, so I don't owe like $50,000. :p Once everything gets sorted out, I really wanna pay that sucker off so I can save for a car.

Just went through an especially nasty thunderstorm. Hope everybody east of here keeps somewhat dry for the next day or so. The lightning lit up the sky and made two of our dogs go nuts from the noise and vibration. At least the worst of it is over now.

erm2003
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I am sure I won't stay dry out here. It has rained almost every day this summer. The weather report tomorrow does call for some t-storms. I just hope they are early. I plan on going to the Buffalo Bills training camp for the night practice. I would appreciate it if the rain was gone by then. :)

The_Amaster
08-04-2008, 10:54 PM
Yeah, it's been storming off and on here all day. Rain caught me halfway to the library on a bike. *grimace*

phattonez
08-04-2008, 11:50 PM
I got burned pretty well at the Dodger game yesterday. I finally got a tan on my forearms. Rain in the summer? That's just wrong. I feel sorry for all of you.

At least I got a foul ball yesterday. About 15 years of going to games and this is the only one I've ever gotten.

MasterSwordUltima
08-05-2008, 12:00 AM
I got burned pretty well at the Dodger game yesterday.

Thats what happened to me the day I got my Scooter [which I officially dubbed ScootyPuff Jr, thnkuvrymch]. I rode it for 5+ hours straight, because of how damn fun it is. And then when I took off my jacket [rolled up sleeves] there was such a difference. One of the only times in my life that I remember ever getting serious sun-tan/almost burn.

ZTC
08-05-2008, 10:06 AM
Well, the second round of storms killed power all over the place. I got to work late only to send the other opener home as there's no power here either. On the plus side is that I get to play my PSP and get paid for it while I'm waiting for my boss to get here. :D

phattonez
08-05-2008, 10:59 AM
Which would win: toy car or toy helicopter?

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/d14dd5e1c5

rock_nog
08-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Haha, that was awesome! And it really made me want to go watch the Incredibles again.

The_Amaster
08-05-2008, 08:09 PM
So I finally picked up Okami today. I'd waited so long because I wanted the price to drop (I never buy a new game if it's over 30 bucks, because I'm stingy) but I saw it used for 25 bucks and...

wow..

Thats about all I can say. Just wow. It...it's pretty frickin sweet.

Russ
08-05-2008, 08:16 PM
I've heard good things about the game.
Anyways:

ROM CHEACK: FAIL! http://games.lastchancemedia.com/farbs/ROM%20CHECK%20FAIL%20Setup.exe

Best game ever!

Aegix Drakan
08-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I just got back from a week vacation to Ottawa.

Well...almost a week. We were supposed to go hiking yesterday, today, and a bit tomorrow as well, but the forecast said MASSIVE RAIN.

:P So I'm back here.

...I was gonna type up a whole thing about what I did, but I don't fell like it ATM.

Gonna go catch up with the rest of the boards.

@ Breaker: ...*punches Breaker in the face* That was NOT funny.

Pineconn
08-07-2008, 09:13 PM
This makes me laugh really hard for some reason:

http://i35.tinypic.com/mk5ue.jpg

Aahhhhhhhhhwsefniopgenmoew I'm tired. Just got back from band camp. We still need a bit of work on the Nights in White Satin drill... (And when I say "we" I really mean everyone but me. People think my solo sounds great. And yes, I am basically just rambling right now.)

Shazza Dani
08-07-2008, 09:18 PM
That's kind of backwards considering Robin's family is all dead, and I don't recall ever hearing anything about Batman's family.

phattonez
08-07-2008, 09:25 PM
That's kind of backwards considering Robin's family is all dead, and I don't recall ever hearing anything about Batman's family.

You're kidding right?

The_Amaster
08-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah, dude, the Batman's whole thing is that his parents were killed by a mugger. It's what drives him to devote his life to crimefighting.

Shazza Dani
08-07-2008, 10:12 PM
I see... How redundant.

Modus Ponens
08-07-2008, 11:52 PM
Pineconn, did you get that image from Superdickery.com? I've always like this line:

http://superdickery.com/images/stories/oneshot/asbr020102hh.jpg

Pineconn
08-07-2008, 11:56 PM
No, Pineconn_lolz actually sent it to me via AIM. We joked around about it a lot at band camp. The way he says, "My parents are DEEAAAAAAAD!" is hilarious.

MasterSwordUltima
08-08-2008, 08:41 PM
Ahahah, I really like the batman hitting robin frame. Just the fact that he's hitting robin makes it funny, but the text makes it awesome.

The_Amaster
08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
...holy CRAP! Is anyone else here watching the opening ceremonies? It's like, the worlds biggest Light Show meets the worlds biggest Synchronized Swimming event, except on foot. I mean, this is incredible.

Man, China sure wants to impress.

Russ
08-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Na, I'm not really much for watching the Olympics.

Okay, so it's the Alpine Days Festival where I live the weekend! The only downside: I have to work a booth with my mom. :( However, it's for a good cause. It's a fund raiser for a camp for kids with life-threatening illnesses. It's names Camp Korey in honor of the son of the person in charge, who dies when he was just a kid from bone cancer. I spent all morning packaging cookies for sale at the booth. The whole time, it felt like somebody was watching me, and I could have sword I saw the red baseball cap he always wore out of the corner of my eye. It was a little bit creepy. http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_confused.gif

Shazza Dani
08-09-2008, 02:01 AM
Na, I'm not really much for watching the Olympics.

Okay, so it's the Alpine Days Festival where I live the weekend! The only downside: I have to work a booth with my mom. :( However, it's for a good cause. It's a fund raiser for a camp for kids with life-threatening illnesses. It's names Camp Korey in honor of the son of the person in charge, who dies when he was just a kid from bone cancer. I spent all morning packaging cookies for sale at the booth. The whole time, it felt like somebody was watching me, and I could have sword I saw the red baseball cap he always wore out of the corner of my eye. It was a little bit creepy. http://www.purezc.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/icon_confused.gif

He's gonna raep ya.
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/995/91pu9.jpg

erm2003
08-09-2008, 09:37 AM
...holy CRAP! Is anyone else here watching the opening ceremonies? It's like, the worlds biggest Light Show meets the worlds biggest Synchronized Swimming event, except on foot. I mean, this is incredible.

Man, China sure wants to impress.

I caught the tail end of it last night, but that means I at least got to see the torch being lit. They did an amazing job. It will be a while since anyone will be able to top that. Looks like Vancouver and London have their work cut out for them now. :)

MasterSwordUltima
08-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Well, its not like China doesn't have the, erm, will-power?, to go ahead and force a couple hundred people to be slave-like and walk in harmony.

Russ, your post just made me laugh. Its named after the son who dies of bone cancer. Did they plan this out? Did you really sword you saw his baseball cap? :) [just pokin' fun your way]

Dann Woolf
08-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Pineconn, did you get that image from Superdickery.com? I've always like this line:

http://superdickery.com/images/stories/oneshot/asbr020102hh.jpg

I remember reading this rant about how overpowered the Flash is, and seeing that pic reminded me of one bit.

"Ten thousand volts of fuck you Batman. That's Batman."

Pineconn
08-09-2008, 01:10 PM
Whoa there. Breaker is now an administrator? And we get no notice?

Either way, congrats to you, Breaker. You deserve it, considering you were one of the more active moderators.

MasterSwordUltima
08-09-2008, 01:14 PM
That reminds me of the epic Glenn phone call.

BREAKERS BANNING PEOPLE AND THERES NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT!!

Russ
08-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Russ, your post just made me laugh. Its named after the son who dies of bone cancer. Did they plan this out?
Yes, they planned it that way. It was made in memory of the Korey, for kids who, like he did, suffer from terminal illnesses, so they can have one week of beeing a normal kid. They even got Paul Newman to support it. :)

Whoa there. Breaker is now an administrator? And we get no notice?

Congrats on the well deserved spot Breaker!

MasterSwordUltima
08-09-2008, 02:52 PM
I was laughing at the typos. :p

I'm going to take a minute here and do some shameless advertising.

Basically, if you liked Shattered Earth and want to play in that kind of game with that kind of community, you'll find this (http://www.nekoschitai.com/JIM/SR.html) very interesting.

Breaker
08-09-2008, 02:56 PM
Congrats on the well deserved spot Breaker!

here's a picture from my inaguration where warlord presented me with the position as supreme chief overlord of AGN.

http://i37.tinypic.com/x52ln7.jpg

seriously though, absolutely nothing has changed other than a title. i wasn't even planning to announce it. how did you guys find out?

Beldaran
08-09-2008, 03:05 PM
how did you guys find out?

The smell.

Russ
08-09-2008, 03:08 PM
I was laughing at the typos. :p

Oh. I am such an idiot. :banghead:

Pineconn
08-09-2008, 03:09 PM
how did you guys find out?

I found out right here (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showgroups.php). I felt a massive disturbance in the normalcy of AGN, so I decided to check out the forum leader list. ;)

ZTC
08-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Did Warlock get promotted at the same time? Either way, congrads.

It's been a few weeks since I bought some sushi, so I indulged myself today by trying out a few different rolls. This marks the first time that I've had octopus in any form. It was very chewy and didn't have much flavor to it.

MasterSwordUltima
08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
First time I had seafood [shrimp] my throat closed up on me and I couldn't breathe. XD

So the moral of the story is, I'm allergic to most seafood.

Breaker
08-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Did Warlock get promotted at the same time? Either way, congrads.

It's been a few weeks since I bought some sushi, so I indulged myself today by trying out a few different rolls. This marks the first time that I've had octopus in any form. It was very chewy and didn't have much flavor to it.

warlock has been an admin longer than you've been a member.

Shazza Dani
08-09-2008, 07:43 PM
First time I had seafood [shrimp] my throat closed up on me and I couldn't breathe. XD

So the moral of the story is, I'm allergic to most seafood.

KARMA!! :moo:

Aegix Drakan
08-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Breaker is an Admin now? Congrats!

/me dives for the safety of his bunker just in case.

Somewhere, Glenn is cuddled up under his blankets, weeping. XD

Dann Woolf
08-10-2008, 02:33 PM
So, I guess I should say grats as well. Just remember what ol' Uncle Ben said and you'll be a great admin.

Pineconn
08-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I thought this was funny. From a thread entitled "Ways you would improve the Olympics". I think this was the best entry:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/escoria/contestkissing.jpg

I didn't want to show the image because everyone would have stared at it and no one would have read my post. ;)

Sir_Johnamus
08-10-2008, 06:35 PM
I can understand why. I like that idea.
But anyways, I think it's kind of funny that a thread started because somebody was bored at work has gotten this long and full of substance.

Dechipher
08-10-2008, 08:22 PM
There isn't substance in here. What are you smoking?

ZTC
08-11-2008, 12:05 AM
Cigs like Goat's raccoon maybe? Where the hell did those two go anyways?

Russ
08-11-2008, 12:38 AM
There isn't substance in here. What are you smoking?
Quoted for great truth.

So Pineconn, got another chart with AGN currencies out yet?

Pineconn
08-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Not yet. All trading has haulted until the Olympics are over.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the men's 4x100 freestyle swim? Amazing. The French said something like, "The Americans? We're going to smash them," when in fact, the USA beat Franch by .08 seconds. You'll see it everywhere tomorrow.

Russ
08-11-2008, 01:06 AM
Actually, I was eating pizza at a local pizza parlor, and I glanced over at the TV screen and saw that. Simply amazing!

The_Amaster
08-11-2008, 09:38 AM
Noticed it just when I got home from work. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

MasterSwordUltima
08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
The french smashing americans? Hahahah.

Pineconn
08-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Well, whatever, it was a very close and excellent race. When I saw that the American was catching up with the Frenchman, I threw my keyboard down (like, literally threw), got up, and started to cheer like crazy. I hurt my body when he won.

I hope Michael Phelps gets all eight gold medals.

The_Amaster
08-11-2008, 02:52 PM
So, I turn on NBC and I see....water polo? How is water polo an Olympic sport when they're taking baseball off?

phattonez
08-11-2008, 04:41 PM
So, I turn on NBC and I see....water polo? How is water polo an Olympic sport when they're taking baseball off?
I'm all for water polo being there. Baseball, I can also understand because the US will never send their best players and neither can other countries because of the MLB season. But what I can't understand is why they would take away softball.

Either way, I hope that Cuba gets the gold in baseball. The US can get everything else, but Cuba deserves it after losing because of the bad setup of the World Baseball Classic.

MasterSwordUltima
08-12-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, whatever, it was a very close and excellent race. When I saw that the American was catching up with the French-sissy-little-girly-boy, I threw my keyboard down (like, literally threw), got up, and started to cheer like crazy. I hurt my body when he won.

Fixed.

Dann Woolf
08-12-2008, 04:23 PM
Can we please stop talking about the fucking French? Goddamnit, those snail-eating, white-flag waving pansies make my blood boil.

Aegix Drakan
08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
...how about French Canadians?

phattonez
08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
...how about French Canadians?
They're passable. At least they can play baseball. ;)

The_Amaster
08-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I love my boss.

...I know that sounds weird, but every day at work, she gives out anywhere between 2 and 4 twenties in cash to employees who are notably effective or flamboyant in their work. And that's what allowed me to buy Civilization Revolution with exactly zero guilt about spending the money.

Skulkraken
08-12-2008, 07:16 PM
O_o

Damn. What kind of job do you have, where your boss is able to afford giving out bonuses that big?

Shazza Dani
08-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Damn, lucky. I used to work at a restaurant and the best I ever got was my manager offering to give me a free meal one day 'cause I was a kick-ass dish-washer and the restaurant was busy as hell. And I turned that down 'cause I'm fuckin, like, anorexic. xD Useless free food...

Aegix Drakan
08-12-2008, 08:03 PM
They're passable. At least they can play Hockey better than most other people. ;)

Fix'd.

Hockey is in our blood.

The_Amaster
08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm at the local Renassaince Faire, and our staff of 20odd people run most of the games there. When you consider that most games make between 300-1000 bucks a day, and we're paid 50...(of course, there is booth rental, which has to be high, and paying all the upper staff, and such)
still, she can afford to.

Yeah, hockey fever seems to seep down from Canada. I know that it's far more popular up here in Wisconsin than it is in the middling to southern states.

rock_nog
08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Wow, working at the Renaissance Faire? I think that's a bit unfair - I mean, offering bonuses for hamming it up, in a place like that, it'd be totally easy.

The_Amaster
08-12-2008, 11:01 PM
I think that's a bit unfair - I mean, offering bonuses for hamming it up, in a place like that, it'd be totally easy.
Exactly, it is. Which is why everyone tries. Which is why you need to be really good to win. Heh, competition is fierce, and only the most creative win.
See, every day has two potential awards, either a preformance award, like greatest turnover or hardest working, or a creative award, such as best original rhyme or best use of dance. And then usually each one has one to two winners, depending on how good people were.

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2008, 12:55 PM
I got $40 for helping out a [Fedex] driver deliver boxes to one stop. Took no time at all, was nice.

And now I may get up to $5000 for calling this phone number about this guy stealing a video game from fedex. Which may just get me a new airsoft gun or two. :)

Dann Woolf
08-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Renaissance what?

Let me guess, another wonderful American-only tradition?

rock_nog
08-13-2008, 05:05 PM
You know, people dress up in medieval costumes, there's jousting tournaments, that sort of thing.

Wow, what a fortuitous bit of happenstance. The power went out on our block. Me, having nothing better to do, decided to wander around town. As it happens, I stumbled upon a library, and inside the library, I stumbled upon the complete Marvel 1602 series. That was a pleasant way to spend an afternoon, I must say.

Aegix Drakan
08-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I 'm a bit ticked off at my library, actually.

I heard of this book called "Villains by Necessity" that sounded totally awesome, and THEY DIDN'T HAVE IT.

...:(

Russ
08-13-2008, 05:09 PM
My libraray system has almost everything. It's the second busiest library system in the US. :)

The_Amaster
08-13-2008, 06:31 PM
*sigh* I wish my library system was that busy.
Not that we're slow mind you, we have two huge branches on the north and south ends of town, a medium one in the center, and a few small ones scattered about.
But a lot of times the books I'm looking for just aren't there.

Pineconn
08-13-2008, 07:25 PM
I remember when I used to read books.

rock_nog
08-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Man, what's the deal with job applications? Specifically, the ones for big retailers that just love to include psychological profiles? It's just that they ask the most absurd questions, like "Do you hate being told what to do?" or "Do you hate following lots of rules?" or "Do you think it's acceptable to mouth off to people who are annoying you?" I mean seriously, is anyone really dumb enough to put down the wrong answers?

Shazza Dani
08-13-2008, 08:10 PM
Man, what's the deal with job applications? Specifically, the ones for big retailers that just love to include psychological profiles? It's just that they ask the most absurd questions, like "Do you hate being told what to do?" or "Do you hate following lots of rules?" or "Do you think it's acceptable to mouth off to people who are annoying you?" I mean seriously, is anyone really dumb enough to put down the wrong answers?

I can imagine people who would put the wrong answers. Some people are stupid, or just too honest, or both.

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2008, 09:15 PM
Time for some ascii art.

_=====_ _=====_
/ _____ \ / _____ \
+.-'_____'-.---------------------------.-'_____'-.+
/ | | '. S O N Y .' | _ | \
/ ___| /|\ |___ \ / ___| /_\ |___ \
/ | | | ; __ _ ; | _ _ | ;
| | <--- ---> | | |__| |_:> | ||_| (_)| |
| |___ | ___| ;SELECT START ; |___ ___| ;
|\ | \|/ | / _ ___ _ \ | (X) | /|
| \ |_____| .','" "', |___| ,'" "', '. |_____| .' |
| '-.______.-' / \ANALOG/ \ '-._____.-' |
| | |------| | |
| /\ / \ /\ |
| / '.___.' '.___.' \ |
| / \ |
\ / \ /
\________/ \_________/

I heard the song Flobots - Handlebars [flobots being the band] on TV, and so I "obtained" their album, and I've been listening to that song for a few hours now. Oh god.

Sam Atoms
08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
It seems this thread is slowing down... what can be done to help it's revival?

I wouldn't sweat that too much. In essence, the "So" thread is little more than AGN's unofficial blog.

Last Friday night I had a dream that the "So" thread got closed and in its place there was a new thread called "Sozilla." Back when I used to be on the ESPN basketball boards, there was a thread called "Threadzilla" that would go upwards of 15,000 posts. Then again, the ESPN message boards had, and still have, many times more active members than we do.

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Everybody, help me look up ways to temporarily remove the front doors from my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee. This one guy at my airsoft forums did it, and apparently its not hard, but he's not telling [dousche] and all I'm finding on google are sites with doors for sale. Help me out guys!! Jeeps without front doors are basically a free ticket to cool-dome.

rock_nog
08-13-2008, 10:24 PM
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_replace_the_hinge_pin_and_bushings_on_t he_front_door_of_a_1994_Jeep_Grand_Cherokee

Does this help? It's the best I could dig up at the moment.

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Why couldn't it just be as simple as, unplug this wire [for electrical] and take this pin out of the hinge, then remove door. There's gotta be something more visual for me to go by.

Now I gotta find out if PA law requires me to have side mirrors. Which I can still buy seperate ones, but I just gotta find out.

The_Amaster
08-13-2008, 11:15 PM
Interesting idea. The ultimate modular car, one in which you can easily pull of various parts and attach new ones due to standardized fittings. Hmmmm
*draws a few rough sketches*

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
Nope, Jeep Wranglers already do that. You wanna go topless for the day? Take the top off. You wanna go without doors? You take the doors off. Yup. I wanna get my doors to do that.

ZTC
08-13-2008, 11:21 PM
I see that Glenn is back again.

Trevelyan_06
08-13-2008, 11:27 PM
I see that Glenn is back again.

And already gone.

Master I suggest rip saw for the removal of the doors and duct tape for the re-attachment. They even make colored duct tap now. I'm sure you could find a color to match or compliment the color of you car.

MasterSwordUltima
08-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Why wouldn't I just take the bolt out of the hinge and simply remove the door that way?

Only problem I have is electrical wiring.

YES! Lego Creator torrent just finished! Time to relive some childhood fun. See you chumps later.

ZTC
08-13-2008, 11:31 PM
awww I can't see if someone is banned or not. :(
just saw on the news that someone near Cincanatti Ohio paid half of a $16k truck in coins. lol

The_Amaster
08-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Well crap!
My Micro SD card that I'm going to use for DS homebrew arrived today...except....
It turns out it's a Super Micro SD, aproximatly half an inch on a side and about as thick as two sheets of paper. So chances are good it won't fit the slot unless I buy an adapter.

Man...

EDIT: wait...apparently the M3DS chip (the homebrew thing) only takes Super Micro SDs. Cool, I lucked out. What if I'd have bought a regular sized...

Russ
08-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Wow, that could have turned out worse.

My neighborhood has the worst street names. There is a "11th place SW" and a "SW 11th place", and both are completely different streets. There are two other cases like that. It's ridiculous.

Trevelyan_06
08-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Well crap!
It turns out it's a Super Micro SD, aproximatly half an inch on a side and about as thick as two sheets of paper. So chances are good it won't fit the slot unless I buy an adapter.

Don't ever drop one of those on thick carpet. You will have a hell of a time trying to find it again. I know.

ShadowTiger
08-15-2008, 09:14 AM
My neighborhood has the worst street names. There is a "11th place SW" and a "SW 11th place", and both are completely different streets. There are two other cases like that. It's ridiculous.Yeah, I have something like that in my neighborhood too. Except my street, despite being one of those rare out of the way streets, is infinitely more popular than its far less popular doppelganger alternative, and is at least 3/4 of a mile away from it. Yet people still refer to my street as the other street without even knowing of the other street's existence. Still can't explain that.

Also, try being in the same class with six other people with your first name for eight years. That gets fun. :blah:

MasterSwordUltima
08-15-2008, 12:23 PM
So I was cleaning up my room, and decided to do something with my old desktop PC which has been sitting by my desk doing nothing [Laptop dock > PC] so I decided to just plop the thing on my desk, and as I do so, I notice I have a monitor jack on my laptop. So I plug my old monitor in, and Vista expands my desktop onto two monitors for me.

I'm loving this so much. I also really like the option of having a single desktop show up on both. Just makes it feel like my own super control center. :D

So are there any cool apps out there that let me do funky stuff with two monitors? I'm sure there has to be.

Russ
08-15-2008, 01:16 PM
My old computer (which my younger brother uses know) has two monitors. There's really not much you can with it, but it sure looks neat. :)

The_Amaster
08-15-2008, 01:23 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/hwandprograms/monitors.mspx

This is for XP, but it can't be too different for Vista, can it?

Russ
08-16-2008, 01:06 AM
So I was playing Pokemon on my DS today. And I cought Palkia! For those of you who don't know, he the big powerful one that appears in Brawl (Spear Pillar stage) and on the box for Pokemon Pearl. I'm pretty excited about it. :)

MasterSwordUltima
08-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I went lazer tagging today [just got back not 10 minutes ago] and basically I crashed a birthday party. In the three games I played, I came in 1st, 2nd, and 1st again.

The first game I got a score of 103,000 points, which is apparently too good for people playing on Intermediate [Regular/New, Intermediate, Advanced] and I made all these black ghetto kids extremely jealous/envious of me. They're jumping and running around just for the sake of doing so, where-as I simply move from spot to spot, making sure I've got my back/step-bro's back, and we just went through it like it was airsoft.

Blew away the one GM because he never saw a score that high. Its a plus that I was one of the only people who was calm and actually listened to what the staff says before each game, and what all rules apply and such. Most kids just go "YEAH I'M GONNA BEAT YOUR TEAM AHAH WE'RE SO COOL LULZ". Also interesting how I was still ready for a fourth game [in a row, btw] and still up to stamina. [Games are 20 minutes each, of constant movement and shooting and all that]

Basically, I really hadn't realized how much experience in this I have. The guys I airsoft with seem to be much better, but I guess its the approach or something. Or maybe I'm just better at CQB stuff than standard field games. [shrug]

Modus Ponens
08-16-2008, 04:34 PM
I love laser tag. I did graduate from Lazer Tag Academy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWXQLg1Tf4), you know. I was playing in this excellent laser tag arena in the now-closed entertainment center Illusions in Issaquah, WA, and when the game was over, someone commented of the guy who won (certainly not me), "dude, he had the wall hack."

MasterSwordUltima
08-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh wow. The place I go to [Planet Trog] is apparently the largest one in US. Its also the only one in my area, which is oddly convenient.

I love when people are all "Yeah man my CS skills are so hot I'm gonna pwn you" and they come in dead last because of the physical demand on their bodies.

rock_nog
08-16-2008, 05:23 PM
I love laser tag. I did graduate from Lazer Tag Academy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFWXQLg1Tf4), you know. I was playing in this excellent laser tag arena in the now-closed entertainment center Illusions in Issaquah, WA, and when the game was over, someone commented of the guy who won (certainly not me), "dude, he had the wall hack."
That's why you never play laser tag with Superman. Dude frickin' wallhacks like you won't believe.

MasterSwordUltima
08-17-2008, 12:13 AM
Lazer Tag Academy is something terrible. Why does he have to go back in time and hang out with ancestors and dinosaurs, why not just go back in time like two minutes before the bad guy was freed and just lazer his ass. Also, in a thousand years, lasers are apparently incredibly slow moving.

Russ
08-17-2008, 02:52 AM
I was playing in this excellent laser tag arena in the now-closed entertainment center Illusions in Issaquah, WA,
You went there too? I loved that lazer tag arena. I hate how they closed it down. :(

Modus Ponens
08-17-2008, 04:22 AM
Yeah, that place rocked. It had multiple floors and rad catwalks and everything. It was a lot better than many multiplayer FPS maps I've seen.

The_Amaster
08-17-2008, 09:05 AM
...wha? A...a place like that actually existed?

*sobs* And I never experienced it...

Russ
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Ya, two floors that could be shot through, time bombs that you could deactivate for power-ups, catwalks, mazes, you name it. It was amazing. But it closed down a few months ago. :cry:

ZTC
08-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Wallhacks? Chuck Norris doesn't need to wall hack in lazer tag, all he needs to say is "I win" and he instantly gets one million points. He follows up with roundhouse kicks to everybody's heads.

A buddy of mine used to like Chuck Norris jokes, but once it became popular, he hates it now; as the same with mose memes he finds out about.

Master Ghaleon
08-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Never got a chance to play laser tag. I heard it was fun thou.

The past 4 days I passed 2 kidney stones, hopefully this week will be better for me.

rock_nog
08-17-2008, 06:33 PM
What? Dear God! I seriously hope the next week is better, because I have a really hard time imagining how much worse things could get after passing two kidney stones in four days.

Modus Ponens
08-17-2008, 07:17 PM
My dad had a kidney stone a while ago. Apparently the urologist said it was just barely too big to let it pass, so they did that cool ultrasound blasting technique where they focus these shock waves at it, crushing it to dust, which is much easier to pee out than a kidney stone.

Aegix Drakan
08-17-2008, 07:27 PM
owwwwwch... I hope things get better on your end, MG... My dad had to go through kidney stones, and it wasn't pleasant either...

Ya, two floors that could be shot through, time bombs that you could deactivate for power-ups, catwalks, mazes, you name it. It was amazing.

...Dammit, I want to play lazer tag in a place like that. Sounds epic. ...I have a firned who's been promising to call me over for an airsorft thing in his back yard (big, and lots of cover) but he's never gotten back to me about that.

And whooo! Just got back from an overnight gaming blitz (the first in a long time, considering how the guy we usually go to for these things was gone for a month). :P We also had a 5 way, 4 hour long "no money" poker game (I'm a total noob at it, though...). After the first hour, I was pretty much categorized as a "mouse" (super cautious). But then, I tried to pull of this massive bluff out of my ass. It ended up with just me and this other guy who was super confident in his bluffing and calling skills. ...In the end, it turned out to be a split. We both had jack shit. XD I'm just glad I wasn't the first one eliminated.

...And we rounded it off with an afternoon of Castle of Shikigami . ...WORST TRANSLATION AND VOICE ACTING EVAR. ...which is also, ironically, part of what makes it fun. When you have lines like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zOfwPXaGs4) or THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLE7cM2ZI7w&feature=related)...You can't help but crack up at the retardedness of it all. XD

ZTC
08-17-2008, 11:41 PM
Sorry to hear about the kidney stones, MG. I hope they go, and go quickly. This reminds me of that one episode of Seinfeld where Kramer had that problem. He was at a circus when they were neing passed and he let out a bloodcurtling scream that knocked the tightrope(?) guy off balance.
Also, TCF Bank sucks.

phattonez
08-17-2008, 11:43 PM
So I'm going to Washington D.C. and New York tomorrow until Saturday. Hoping to catch a Dodger game in Philadelphia (sorry AlphaDawg, I'll be rooting for my team).

A flight out of LAX at 8 in the morning, should be fun.

rock_nog
08-18-2008, 12:04 AM
I wouldn't do it, phattonez. I have a very dear friend who lives in Philly and who happens to be both a die-hard baseball fan and a very violent person. Trust me, she would beat the ever-living crap out of you.

phattonez
08-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Well that just sounds like a challenge then, almost a callout as it were. ;) Now I just have to go to fight your friend, especially if you're saying that a girl is going to beat me down.

My pride - dwindling. :)

ShadowTiger
08-18-2008, 12:17 AM
Before I forget and/or went to sleep, (Somehow those are related in my mind?...) wanted to wish Darth Marsden a wonderful birthday. I hope it's a grand one, good sir pal. Be merry, and win the lottery. Just for the hell of it.

Russ
08-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Sorry to change the subject, but I am so happy. For a year now, we have has a mole tearing up our yard. My dad has tried everything to kill it, but nothing has worked. Today, when we got back from boating, our neighbor was there to greet us. He pulled out a pick ax. The mole was impaled on the end of it. I'm so happy about it!

phattonez
08-18-2008, 01:53 AM
That's just a beautiful scene Russ. Just beautiful.

Russ
08-18-2008, 01:57 AM
If it had been tearing up your yard, it would have been beautiful for you too.

phattonez
08-18-2008, 02:11 AM
I would like to see the mole that can eat through concrete.

rock_nog
08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Ugh, there's a mental image I really needed to wake up to. Especially considering I thifnk I ate something that didn't agree with me.

I wouldn't do that if I were you, phattonez. She's one scrappy sonuvabitch, and she fights dirty. Your pride may be dwindling now, but she'll beat it into a bloody pulp.

Dann Woolf
08-18-2008, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't do it, phattonez. I have a very dear friend who lives in Philly and who happens to be both a die-hard baseball fan and a very violent person. Trust me, she would beat the ever-living crap out of you.

So he'd get in one little fight and his mom would get scared, and she'd say "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air"?

The_Amaster
08-18-2008, 10:12 AM
...nice, Dann, just nice.

Dann Woolf
08-18-2008, 10:52 AM
...nice, Dann, just nice.

I'm going to assume that's a compliment.

rock_nog
08-18-2008, 10:55 AM
That reminds me:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rba.png

Hooray for XKCD!

The_Amaster
08-18-2008, 11:04 AM
Yeah, it was a compliment.

And one of my favorite uses of the Bel-Air opening is accompanied by that psychic kid from Akira, sitting on his throne as it spins.

MasterSwordUltima
08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
TETSUO!!

Pineconn
08-18-2008, 05:09 PM
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is a great show. I haven't seen it for a long time thanks to Olympics, band, and AIM.

And that also might explain why I don't post too much anymore. I just sort of got bored with things.

catfriedrice
08-18-2008, 08:40 PM
That reminds me:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rba.png

Hooray for XKCD!

I always liked this one

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/catfriedrice/n1004190016_30012187_7893.jpg

I got a million random images saved.

Aegix Drakan
08-18-2008, 08:46 PM
wow...that's all I can say. just WOW

Dann Woolf
08-19-2008, 09:56 AM
Y'know, Will Smith's been in like a million movies and played a kajillion different characters...

But he will always be the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

Shazza Dani
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Y'know, Will Smith's been in like a million movies and played a kajillion different characters...

But he will always be the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

His characters are all the same anyway.

Aegix Drakan
08-20-2008, 10:01 AM
Well, today is off to a great start.

First, I have this crazy lucid dream that I really can't remember. I just know it was great, but I can't remember why.

Then, before I go to work I quickly try to swp out the game son my R4, so I can play Ninja gaiden again, and take off Starforce 2, since I just finished it. ...well, I took out the wrong game, by accident (well...I'd wanted to get rid of that one anyway), and I didn't have enough space for NG. And I was out of time. I JUST made the bus as it was, so I had no time to mess around with the R4 anymore.

Then I head for work, and whoop-de-freaking-do, Vista isn't installed anymore on my Gaming PC. ...I cna't test the game, surf the net, do ANYTHING. So I spent 2 hours Waiting for the damn thing to finish re-installing. AND It's STILL NOT TOTALLY WORKING YET! I don't even have sound!

And to top off the cake, I bought myself a bag of smokey bacon chips on break...and what do you know, IT GETS STUCK IN THE MACHINE. oh, and it was the last one, so I had to pay ANOTHER $ 1.10 just to get that one bag out.

...oh, and as a bonus, I lost my awesome headphones just a little while back. This woman in this bus shelter BEGGED be to help her get her son's baseball cap off this high up pipe. SO I took out my glasses case (which I momentarily forgot held my headphones), and tossed it, to knowck down the cap. ...after I picked up my fallen glasses case, I realized my headphones were no longer in the case! So I looked around, and nope, couldn't find them. I assumed that I'd left them at home...which I didn't. So yesterday I went to buy new ones, sinc eI have no clue where I put the warrantee thing for the first pair...and now, the headphones cost $49.99!!!

....:headbang: I am really in a bad mood now...

MasterSwordUltima
08-20-2008, 02:39 PM
Yes, real life sucks. It really does.

rock_nog
08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Ugh, one of THOSE days. I mean, what is it with days like that, when one thing decides to go wrong, and everything else decides to go along for the ride? Oh well, I guess at least the odds are good that tomorrow will be better.

Sam Atoms
08-20-2008, 03:23 PM
This is from PureZC's latest SOTW-winning caption.

"A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk."

Now try saying that three times fast. Heck, try saying it once at any speed without tying your whole mouth in a knot.

Aegix Drakan
08-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Well, things certainly improved in the afternoon. Got Vista properly updated and I was actually the first guy (heck, the ONLY guy) to complete the game by the end of the day. Now, the only thing bugging me is the whole headphones deal. Dagnabbit, where the hell did I put that warrantee/receipt?!?

"A skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but the stump thunk the skunk stunk."

Now try saying that three times fast. Heck, try saying it once at any speed without tying your whole mouth in a knot.

"a skunk sat on a stump and thunk the stump stunk, but stump thump, thunk thumb, flunk..."

You know what? Forget it.

If anyone needs me, I'll be trying to untie the knot in my tongue :badrazz:

MasterSwordUltima
08-20-2008, 06:05 PM
So wait, you're testing out games on Vista?

Aegix Drakan
08-20-2008, 06:09 PM
Why, yes we are!

...:P We have to make sure all the poor souls who have Vista can run the game.

Russ
08-20-2008, 06:40 PM
What do you mean by "poor souls"? Vista is an amazing OS, much better than XP ever was.

Aegix Drakan
08-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Really?

Uhh...With XP I didn't have to UPDATE to have sounds.

With XP, I never got a message saying "In order to update, you must update your updater"

Honestly, I'm prepared to dismiss the charges of infamy against Vista, but I just seem to prefer XP for some reason...

rock_nog
08-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Personally, I prefer '98, myself. Everything else since then has just felt like bug fixes and minor asthetic adjustments.

The_Amaster
08-20-2008, 07:25 PM
...where do you work again, Aegix?

As for OS's, honestly, well I have to say Mac simply because of stability. At least once a day on my crappy PC I get a "This program has encountered an unexpected error and had to be shut down". Mac from the same year running OS9? I get them like once a month.

XP vs Vista though? XP all the way.

MasterSwordUltima
08-20-2008, 07:46 PM
What version of Vista are you running, and how terrible is your computer Aegix? I've been running Vista with absolutely no problems. I actually like Vista more than XP now.

Just don't forget that XP was loaded full of problems when it first came out, same thing with Vista here, except it seems its more stable than XP was.

And fuck Macs. All they're good for is making music videos.

The_Amaster
08-20-2008, 08:05 PM
*sigh* As a lifelong Mac fan, even I must admit that the newer models just aren't up to their standards, hardware-wise or software-wise. I mean, this whole "hip, young" demographic that their focusing on has completely undercut their quality. The iMac was the last really good generation. After MacOS X, it was all downhill, like MSU said, just good for making music videos.

PowerMac all the way!

phattonez
08-21-2008, 10:00 AM
Made it here (New York) from DC yesterday. I went to watch the Mets play yesterday at Shea (a pretty ugly stadium) and today we're going around the city.

Riding around on the terribly crowded subway yesterday going about 20 mph at the most made me miss LA. Our trains can get crowded too, but those things are quick.

rock_nog
08-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Damn, last night I heard the cruelest call-in radio show ever. It was one of those "light rock" stations that does the whole love-dedication call-in thing every night. Anyway, this guy calls in to dedicate a song to his ex-fiance, and the host was just torturing him. She was just like "Ex-fiance? So she left you? And you want to get back with her? I'll bet you listen to this radio show every night and just cry your guts out. Is she seeing anyone else yet? Is she out every night just being really wild and having a crazy time?" As horrible as it sounds, I was laughing my ass off, because here's this poor guy who sounds like he's on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and this host who's supposedly trying to be all kind and sympathetic is just rubbing it in his face.

The_Amaster
08-21-2008, 10:40 AM
Oooookay, freaky dream last night. The kind thats so scary but so awesome you're on the edge as weather to end it or not.
Basicly it involved me and my two best friends breaking into this high-tech medical facility run by an evil corporation, to break out my entire Drama club who had been brainwashed into kind of an Orwellian "all is good" state.
Now, we're completely unarmed.

And the facility uses a security staff entirely of Bioshock Big Daddies.

Only their color coded. Red ones will go away if you stand still, yellow ones you can outrun, and blue ones....you're screwed.

And they keep killing each other, so when we heard battle sounds from around the corner, we'd peer around and see a blue one standing over a red corpse, and then hide, wait for him to pass, and go in.

Yeah, freaky, pulse pounding dream, and I wish I could have it back, because it was awesome.

Aegix Drakan
08-21-2008, 06:38 PM
wow. Cool dream.

:P I finally managed to remember something about that last lucid dream. You remember how I was able to call up my consiocuness to have a chat with it before? Well, this time, I was in this nightmare with *something* after me. So I called on my consiousness (this time, it took the form of some kind of metal arrow), and I used it to own what was after me.

...If you wonder how, think Shiki's attack style from TWEWY. I point, it dive-bombs. :P Pretty cool.

MasterSwordUltima
08-22-2008, 09:00 AM
I don't remember any of my dreams, but apparently the other night I woke up in the middle of the night and told Sute that the walls were magnetic. Which is weird, because I do slightly remember doing that, but I thought it was a dream. [shrug]

Russ
08-22-2008, 09:47 PM
I don't remember much of my dreams. However, I do remember one that I had a few nights ago. Almost every minute, I'd get in a situation where I'd be about to die. Then, somehow I managed to change the world around me to prevent it. It was kind of fun. :) Too bad it had to end. :(

Aegix Drakan
08-22-2008, 09:54 PM
WOOT! I FOUND MY HEADPHONES! ...Belive it or not, they were behind my grandma's sofa. :rolleyes: It figures.

And I totally forgot. Someone asked where I work. I work for VMC game labs, a game testing company. ...Friendly place, but man, some of the games are LAME.

phattonez
08-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Don't you love traffic too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uy45tdKJ24

rock_nog
08-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Damn, no more mushroom-swiss burgers before bed. I had the strangest dream, that there was this demonic force, in the shape of a teenage girl, that I had to fight. Not physically or anything, she just would go around crushing people's wills to resist her, and make them her slaves. There was some "chosen one" who was supposed to stand up to this demon girl, but her will got crushed, too. I had some friends who were trying to help, but pretty soon, I was the only one left to stand up to her.

She certainly gave her all - she tried to remind me of my hatred of religion, and how I'll have to stand on the side of religion to oppose her, and I was all like "No problem, you're an evil bitch, and if I have to side with religion to stop you, so be it." Then she tried to appeal to my atheism, reminding me that I don't even believe in the supernatural. Then I was all like "Bitch, I'm a student of science. If new evidence comes along that contradicts previously held theories, I can abandon those theories in favor of ones that take that new evidence into account."

Finally, at one point, she was torturing my friends, and I just got super pissed off, enough so, apparently, that my sheer willpower banished her from the world.

Dann Woolf
08-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Best.

Dream.

EVER.

Lilith
08-25-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm going to a NYSE party next Thursday.

rock_nog
08-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Er... What? Lilith, your posts are always demented, but that's even more messed up than usual. Seriously, what on Earth is a NYSE party? Do you spend all night clapping to ringing bells, or what?

Lilith
08-25-2008, 04:17 PM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=nyse

rock_nog
08-25-2008, 04:35 PM
That... Didn't exactly answer my question. I know what the NYSE is - I just wasn't aware they had parties.

ShadowTiger
08-25-2008, 07:07 PM
Acronyms suck. I wish people could at least say the first letter after the first letter of each word, like, "NYSE" would become "NeYoStEx" At least this way, they'd have a clue as to which NYSE it'd be. I don't want to think of the New Years Stripper Execution when I think of the Stock Exchange.

Dann Woolf
08-26-2008, 06:43 AM
ShadowTiger, you just reminded me of the NAMBLA episode of South Park.

ShadowTiger
08-26-2008, 08:44 AM
ShadowTiger, you just reminded me of the NAMBLA episode of South Park.

Ah, the North American Marlin Brando Lookalike Association.

NoAmMaBrLoAs. ... ... Good god.

Modus Ponens
08-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Acronyms suck. I wish people could at least say the first letter after the first letter of each word, like, "NYSE" would become "NeYoStEx" At least this way, they'd have a clue as to which NYSE it'd be. I don't want to think of the New Years Stripper Execution when I think of the Stock Exchange.

NeYoStEx could still be the New York Stripper Execution, ST.

Edit: Woot, 1 Kibipost!

Pineconn
08-26-2008, 04:29 PM
Uh.... "Modus Ponens"? Riverman?

Interesting.

ShadowTiger
08-26-2008, 07:31 PM
NeYoStEx could still be the New York Stripper Execution, ST.Hence the " ... ... good god." :p Really, it's amazing how stuff turns out sometimes.

Edit: Woot, 1 Kibipost!A very IT-esque congratulations!

Russ
08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I just got my first six hours of collage credit, and I'm only fourteen! I took this CLEP science test today, and apparently I scored high enough for it to count as collage credit!

Modus Ponens
08-26-2008, 09:58 PM
Uh.... "Modus Ponens"? Riverman?

Interesting.

I got tired of having a different username everywhere I went. Modus Ponens has become my de facto internet name in the past few years, so I decided to ask the powers that be for a Rename Card. Rather than betting it in the Colosseum to fight a Doom Drgn for a pair of Marvel Shoes, I opted to use it on myself. (The Doom Drgn would've killed me anyway, what with the Fallen One and the N. Cross and all.)

The_Amaster
08-26-2008, 10:23 PM
...interesting. Modus means method, ponens means...?

erm2003
08-26-2008, 10:31 PM
I just got my first six hours of collage credit, and I'm only fourteen! I took this CLEP science test today, and apparently I scored high enough for it to count as collage credit!

I think they should take that credit away from you until you learn how to spell college right. ;)

Pineconn
08-26-2008, 11:14 PM
You scored high enough for it to count toward college hours, great -- now find a college that would accept it. I found AP to be a waste of time, work, and money because of this. (Okay, except for the fact that colleges like to see some rigor in your curriculum.)

rock_nog
08-26-2008, 11:18 PM
And even if they do accept it, I don't know how it is at most schools, but at the college I went to, unless you got a 5, all you got was an S (satisfactory). Which was fine if you just needed to get that class out of the way as a prerequisite for something else, but totally useless if, say, you needed that class for your major.

Modus Ponens
08-26-2008, 11:39 PM
...interesting. Modus means method, ponens means...?

Here we go.

Modus Ponens is the name of a rule of logical inference. It's short for modus ponendi ponens, meaning roughly "the rule through which affirming affirms". It works like this:

1. If P, then Q.
2. P.
Therefore,
3. Q.

In other words, if you take it as given that the truth of one statement entails the truth of another, and you also know that that first statement is indeed true, you can then infer that the second statement is also true. It's very basic and we do it all the time without realizing it. Here's an example:

1. If I forgot to move my car, then I got a parking ticket.
2. I forgot to move my car. (Fuck.)
Therefore,
3. I got a parking ticket.

Any time the first two statements are true, the third must necessarily be as well. Consider:

1. If yellow is my favorite color, then the Seahawks won the Super Bowl a couple years ago.
2. Yellow is my favorite color.
Therefore,
3. The Seahawks won the Super Bowl a couple years ago.

Statement 1 is obviously false-- nothing about anyone's favorite color could have anything to do with whether one team or another won a football game. So even though statement 2 is true, the conclusion ends up false.

Also, once in a while you might come across a situation like this one:

1. If my hair is brown, then Obama has chosen Joe Biden as his running mate.
2. My hair is brown.
Therefore,
3. Obama has chosen Biden.

The first statement is obviously false, but the second is true, and, as it happens, so is the conclusion. However, one certainly could not validly arrive at that conclusion with the given premises.

My old avatar-- that weird blue square with the letters and symbols-- demonstrates Modus Ponens symbolically.

The bit about the "affirming affirms" is talking about how affirming the antecedent of a conditional statement (an "if-then") affirms the consequent.

Modus Ponens has a sister, too, named Modus Tollens, short for modus tollendi tollens, or, roughly, "the rule through which denying denies". It goes like this:

1. If P, then Q.
2. Not Q.
Therefore,
3. Not P.

Thus, denying the consequent denies the antecedent. It is used in many of the same ways as Modus Ponens, such as:

1. If there was a ninja in the room who wanted to kill me, then I wouldn't be alive right now.
2. It's not the case that I'm not alive right now.
Therefo

Russ
08-27-2008, 12:47 AM
I think they should take that credit away from you until you learn how to spell college right. ;)
Yes, I know, I am a horrible speller. I'm grades aboe where I need to be in science, and grades below in spelling. :)

You scored high enough for it to count toward college hours, great -- now find a college that would accept it. I found AP to be a waste of time, work, and money because of this. (Okay, except for the fact that colleges like to see some rigor in your curriculum.)
Actually, most colleges in the US accept the test. As for AP, where I go, it's no more money that the regular class, and it's with one of my favorite teachers. :)

The_Amaster
08-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Oh yeah, I know "If P, then Q". I just didn't know what it was called in latin.
My personal favorite to break out at people is "Quod erat demonstratum"

Yeah, most colleges I've looked at at least look at your AP scores I mean, I pulled a 4 on my AP Language test, so I can probably get credit at most places. (I got a 3 on AP Goverment, but in one of the essay questions I completely disagreed with the premise it was based on and argued against the test, so I'm not suprised.)

phattonez
08-27-2008, 11:23 AM
So we have Ness, and now Jeff as an avatar. That leaves only Paula and Poo. Unless Mr. Saturn can enter the fray?

Shazza Dani
08-27-2008, 11:59 AM
Mother characters make me want to claw my eyes out. Especially Mr. Bowlcut up there. x_x

phattonez
08-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Interesting you should mention that. :)

rock_nog
08-27-2008, 02:17 PM
So phattonez, does this mean we can throw you at people during forum brawls?

phattonez
08-27-2008, 02:27 PM
Sure, but don't expect me to do much damage.

Modus Ponens
08-27-2008, 02:40 PM
But you're hell on shields.

phattonez
08-27-2008, 02:50 PM
Come on, nobody uses shields in Melee (I've never played Brawl so I wouldn't know about that).

Russ
08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
I say we ban Amaster and Phattonez for using Mother avatars. I should own a copyright on those for being AGN's official EarthBound/Mother maniac!

Modus Ponens
08-27-2008, 05:30 PM
You can't bitch about someone else using Mother avatars when your current av is a picture of Link.

phattonez
08-27-2008, 06:58 PM
Haven't I played as many Mother games as you, Russ?

rock_nog
08-27-2008, 07:31 PM
Well, I had a pleasant afternoon - I cooked up a big ol' pot of shrimp gumbo, and now I'm relaxing with a nice margarita. It was a lot of work, I gotta say, but it was fun, and now I've got enough gumbo to feed an army.

Russ
08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Haven't I played as many Mother games as you, Russ?
Which ones you play boing?

Sorry, your avatar was Mr. Saturn, so I just couldn't resist doing that.

Aegix Drakan
08-27-2008, 09:54 PM
I <3 the Mr saturns.

I love how they talk in graffiti. XD

Russ
08-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Ya. It annoys me to no end, but I still love it.

Boing!

The_Amaster
08-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Is this going to be Russ' gimmick from now on? Putting "Boing!" at the end of everything?

Russ
08-28-2008, 12:05 AM
No way Amaster zoom. :D

Although seriously, I just had to make that joke about Mr. Saturn. And as a head's up, as soon as you change avatars (which I estimate to be about 2 weeks), that one's mine!

phattonez
08-28-2008, 12:32 AM
Which ones you play boing?

Sorry, your avatar was Mr. Saturn, so I just couldn't resist doing that.
Only Earthbound.

Russ
08-28-2008, 12:33 AM
Only Earthbound.
Ha! I've played Earthbound and Earthbound Zero.

phattonez
08-28-2008, 12:34 AM
Ha! I've played Earthbound and Earthbound Zero.
Earthbound Zero, isn't that just the English translation of Mother?

Russ
08-28-2008, 12:40 AM
Earthbound Zero, isn't that just the English translation of Mother?
Yup. And boy is it fun. Driving a tank through the dsert to destroy a giant robot, learning how to teleport from a baby, defeating an evil alien by singing, and finding Jeff hiding in a trash can. It's got it all.

phattonez
08-28-2008, 12:47 AM
I thought that Mother had different characters. What's Jeff doing in Earthbound Zero?

Russ
08-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Well, technically, they are Ninten, Loid, and Ana. However, they look the same, act the same, and have the same attacks as Ness, Jeff, and Paula. So I just refer to them by their Earthbound names.

phattonez
08-28-2008, 12:52 AM
There's no Poo in Mother?

Russ
08-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Nope. There's a gang leader named Teddy that joins your party at the end of the game (and leaves later on), but he's a lot different than Poo.

rock_nog
08-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Dang it - there's nothing worse than waking up and being completely unable to decide what you want to do today.

phattonez
08-28-2008, 02:50 PM
Dang it - there's nothing worse than waking up and being completely unable to decide what you want to do today.
What about waking up and having nothing to do today? :D

The_Amaster
08-28-2008, 02:57 PM
...why...can't you make your own decisions...? Or...wait, is it because you literally can't? Because you're, like, a robot who has to obey the commands of your master?
What kind of robot are you!? Like, a domestic service robot, or some kind of crazy sci-fi robot who's all like "Blam, pow, kabannnngy"!?
If you're a sci-fi robot, can you come to my school, because I have some people who could really use shooting?

...sorry. Seeing your avatar kinda puts me into a Gabe-esqe random mindset...with a dash of Strong Bad.

rock_nog
08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
I... Don't... Know! Ugh, it's terrible - I can think of things to do, they just all seem boring.

Aegix Drakan
08-28-2008, 04:24 PM
:rolleyes:

I've had that problem before...It sucks.

When everything is boring, then it's hard to do something.

Hope you get UN-bored soon enough.

Shazza Dani
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I know what I'm doing today.

-Waking up at 4 PM (done)
-Getting a shower
-Riding my bike to the store for vegan ice cream and diet green tea
-Getting home and being lazy on the internet

Yeah, fun!

The_Amaster
08-28-2008, 06:07 PM
For me it was:
-Don't make any plans with friends because you have a drivers lesson today.
-Find out that todays lesson is in fact tomorrow.
-Say "well crud" and sit around all day.

Shazza Dani
08-28-2008, 08:37 PM
I got home about an hour ago and I ate my whole quart of ice cream. Blehhh. x_x
Now I'm in the mood for something spicy, as always after I eat ice cream. Later I'm gonna eat some rice with hot sauce and red pepper.

The_Amaster
08-28-2008, 09:48 PM
HOLY CRAP! A friend of mine lent me the first Phoenix Wright game, and it. is. FRIGGIN. AWESOME!

Aegix Drakan
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM
Oh gosh...they got you too. :o

...this is just the beginning. You will soon crave more, and you will play the entire series, and them weep when you're run out of Ace attourney games to play.

:( my story too.

Pineconn
08-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Pineconn's Log, Thurs., 8/28/08

-Get up at 6:00 to not quite finish homework I was up until 1:00 the previous night doing.
-Go to school
-Stay after school an hour doing these "playoffs" (like playing grades, but just a test for marching band music memorization) for band
-Get home
-Chillax until 5:30
-Sleep until 9:30
-Eat
-Computer

I'm just a party animal. >_<

phattonez
08-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Is anybody else waiting for Cities XL?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cities_Unlimited

Sim City Societies seemed like a huge disappointment so I didn't pick it up, but this one looks very promising. Finally a city simulator without a grid!

rock_nog
08-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Spore's coming out in a little over a week. Sorry, just having a hard time focusing on any other games at the moment. Oh, and two of my sisters are gonna be stopping by to visit around that same time on their way to college - which is even more exciting because they'll be bringing me a kitten.

EDIT: Gah, that really makes me feel old - this year, I've got three younger sisters in college, and another who just graduated. Sheesh!

Nicholas Steel
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM
I;ve been playing Command & Conquer 3 lately, so far it's an alright game considering EA was the publisher. I can run it at the highest settings @ 1152x864 with no FSAA (FSAA doesnt seem to work at all anyways...) and game runs at a rock steady 30.5fps in campaigns. My only issue with the game so far is that unless I drop the visuals, playing a skirmash with god mode and having multiple brutal armies focusing on you creates massive lag... So I can either reduce the number of players or reduce the visual quality... which is a bit annoying :( (I play with god mode first, so i can see how the computers interact with each other so that when i play without the cheat, i know what to expect and can act accordingly.)

Russ
08-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Command and Conquer is definitely an amazing series, but C&C 3 doesn't seem very good to me. On the other hand, when Red Alert 3 comes out, I'll be getting it first day. I've been waiting 6 years for that game.

And it seems like all of you had boring days on Thursday. I was relaxing at Lake Chelan all day. Boy was it fun. :)

Shazza Dani
08-30-2008, 02:48 PM
http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w125/hairforbunnies/OMGshortBITCH/DISCONNECTEDshort/5eada2d0.jpg?t=1220121887

^This is how I'm getting my hair cut on Tuesday. Is this awesome?
(I know I didn't provide a picture of myself. That's why you have an imagination.)

Icey
08-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Is that a man or a woman?

I guess if you wanna look androgynous, go for it.

Shazza Dani
08-30-2008, 06:43 PM
That's a girl in the picture. O;

Modus Ponens
08-31-2008, 05:58 AM
The androgynous look has less to do with the haircut than with the model. It's certainly a cute hairstyle, MD.

rock_nog
08-31-2008, 06:03 AM
Well I don't know how you expect us to judge the haircut without a picture of the head it will be on. I mean, that makes a big difference.

Dann Woolf
08-31-2008, 06:57 AM
Is that a man or a woman?

A little from column A, a little from column B...

The_Amaster
08-31-2008, 09:16 AM
...I'm in the mood to help ya dude
ya ain't never had a friend like me!

Shazza Dani
08-31-2008, 01:24 PM
...I'm in the mood to help ya dude
ya ain't never had a friend like me!

Now I feel like watching Aladdin...

MasterSwordUltima
08-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Weird. My hair is kinda like that. Except longer. Except its very much unkempt, which along with facial hair shows I'm male. Except I've been wearing a shemagh around my neck since its gotten colder out at work lately, so you can't tell there.

Anyway, mighty_darknut is female?

phattonez
08-31-2008, 10:46 PM
Anyway, mighty_darknut is female?
Can't say that it didn't shock me either.

rock_nog
08-31-2008, 10:48 PM
I always assumed might_darknut is female. And if my assumption is wrong, may God send down divine flames to burn me alive and spare me the humiliation.

MasterSwordUltima
08-31-2008, 10:48 PM
I guess the whole DT thing with the "I'm not a girl" + girl avatar.

Geh...I've got a lot of stuff I should be doing, but I'm bored out of my mind. Humm..

aces2022
09-01-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm kinda just relaxin at my local Japanese library. Glad I'm wasting my life typing and not... you know doing my job and all. Humans are so wasteful. By the way turn your electrical appliances off. It could... no it will save our country. Or it could just make you feel better. Either way DOOOOO IIIIIT!

MasterSwordUltima
09-01-2008, 01:43 AM
Some of my electrical appliances are basically affixed to a power source, such as fridge and dishwasher.

aces2022
09-01-2008, 01:44 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Just tell your fridge to watch it's back.

Russ
09-01-2008, 01:50 AM
I sense random nonsense looming over the horizon. YAY!

MasterSwordUltima
09-01-2008, 01:51 AM
I have absolutely no problem with my fridge being without power, its just the food inside without the colder concealed environment would be problematic.

rock_nog
09-02-2008, 10:40 AM
LMAO - okay, so I had chemistry lab today. And the lab assistant comes in to explain how to set up the computers so we can watch this boring safety video we're supposed to watch. She had this very thick Eastern European accent - oh god, it was so terrible, because I just spent the whole time trying not to snicker because I kept imagining that at any moment, she was going to make some statement about catching moose and squirrel.

Russ
09-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Sounds funny.

Well, tomorrow I start school. :( Summer goes by too quickly when your a young teenaged boy.

Pineconn
09-02-2008, 03:55 PM
your

Maybe a little bit of school would be beneficial... :tongue:

School's been decent so far. My curriculum is pretty rigorous (except I'm taking normal English this year... the first time since 4th grade), but I can handle it. Honors Physics? Cake. AP Calculus? New teacher! Spanish 4? Puedo hacerlo ¡con no problema para nada!

Russ
09-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I've got two big ones looming over the horizon. A rigorous highschool Latin course and an AP Biology. This is going to be one crazy year for me.

Dann Woolf
09-02-2008, 04:10 PM
I left my school last year. That shithole was an anchor around my neck, man. The Man was tryin' to keep a guy down, man. The Man wanted me to become a little worker bee, man, workin' my life away packing boxes for a minimum wage, man. Major bummer, man.

So I said to The Man, man, "Fuck you, I'm a dragon", man!

So now I've been looking for a better way of edumacating myself since... man.

Russ
09-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Um, ya. Strange.

Aegix Drakan
09-02-2008, 04:45 PM
TOPIC OF THE DAY: CONSPIRACY THEORIES!

...man. :naughty:

The_Amaster
09-02-2008, 04:55 PM
*sigh* First day back to school.
[boring stuff in my life]
Well, actually it's a really good schedule so far. Personal Finance, Honors PreCalc, Student Aide for the tech teacher, AP Literature and AP Chem.

Second period I have with friends 1, 2, 3 and 4, third period on A days I have with friend 1 and B days with friends 2,3 and 4, and fourth period with 3 and 4. (we have an alternate day system)

Thats more consistent, consecutive friend placement then I've ever had before. Usually I have like one class with one friend.
Of course to counteract that, I have lunch with my ex and all of her crazy (as in, crazy nuts) friends who I can't stand. Oh well, can't have it all.

[/boring stuff in my life]

Conspiracy theories huh? Well, I for one am resoundingly convinced that both Obama and McCain are in cahoots so that whoever gets the presidency can access all kinds of information and give it to their Al Qaeda overlords.

Icey
09-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Of course to counteract that, I have lunch with my ex and all of her crazy (as in, crazy nuts) friends who I can't stand. Oh well, can't have it all.

Uhm, I thought you could choose to eat with whomever you wanted...

The_Amaster
09-02-2008, 06:27 PM
Yeah, but I don't know anyone else, and there is the one not as crazy girl (Incidently friend 1) who I'm hoping to ask out, so I just have to grin and bear it.

rock_nog
09-03-2008, 08:47 AM
Man, I had this crazy dream that they had made a Legend of Zelda animated movie. It was set in modern times, where the story literally was a legend. The main character was an archeologist played by Morgan Freeman. In this world, the Hyrule was a bit like Atlantis - a mythological kingdom for which no evidence existed today. However, the ruins of Hyrule ended up being discovered near a village in Europe - unfortunately, this led to Ganon being released back into the world. Morgan Freeman, as well as being an archeologist, was an expert on the legend of Hyrule. It was therefore up to him to travel to the ruins, and uncover what he could to determine how much of the legends were accurate, so that he could figure out a way to defeat Ganon.

phattonez
09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Rock_nog, do you ever have normal dreams? lol

I have no class for about a month . . . I should call my roommates.

rock_nog
09-03-2008, 10:48 AM
You know, I don't think I do. The really sad part was that for like half a second, when I woke up but wasn't fully awake, my first thought was "OMG! A Zelda movie! I'd better go post the trailer on AGN!" before quickly fully waking up and realizing that not only did the Zelda movie not actually exist, but that the entire premise was just bizarre.

phattonez
09-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Speaking of dreams, I've been trying to get a lucid dream for a long time now. I had one once, but I quickly woke up and didn't get to enjoy it all too much. I know that there's someone here who's a lucid dreamer; do you have any tips on how to induce them?

rock_nog
09-03-2008, 01:57 PM
One technique is to make it a habit of asking yourself if you're in a dream - with any luck, that habit will carry on into the dream world and you'll see something out of the ordinary and suddenly realize you're in a dream. Another technique I've heard of is focusing on trying to have a lucid dream right before falling asleep, because sometimes those thoughts carry on into our dreams (as evidenced by if you play a lot of Tetris before bed, you'll dream of Tetris).

My best advice - try not to focus too much on the fact that you're dreaming if you realize you're having a lucid dream. In fact, try not to think too much at all - I realize that sounds counterproductive, because the whole point of a lucid dream is to have control over it, but I find that the more I think about the situation, the more difficult it is to stay asleep, because you start to fire up sections of your brain that aren't supposed to be active. The weird thing is, though, when I'm in a dream, and I start to wake up, I actually get tired, and feel like I'm falling asleep.

Russ
09-03-2008, 02:50 PM
Man, I had this crazy dream that they had made a Legend of Zelda animated movie. It was set in modern times, where the story literally was a legend. The main character was an archeologist played by Morgan Freeman. In this world, the Hyrule was a bit like Atlantis - a mythological kingdom for which no evidence existed today. However, the ruins of Hyrule ended up being discovered near a village in Europe - unfortunately, this led to Ganon being released back into the world. Morgan Freeman, as well as being an archeologist, was an expert on the legend of Hyrule. It was therefore up to him to travel to the ruins, and uncover what he could to determine how much of the legends were accurate, so that he could figure out a way to defeat Ganon.
Wow, this is definitely becoming a ZC quest. :D

Anyways, nice tips on lucid dreaming. I've been trying to have a lucid dream for a while too (and failing miserably).

Pineconn
09-03-2008, 03:07 PM
The really sad part was that for like half a second, when I woke up but wasn't fully awake, my first thought was "OMG! A Zelda movie! I'd better go post the trailer on AGN!" before quickly fully waking up and realizing that not only did the Zelda movie not actually exist, but that the entire premise was just bizarre.

The REALLY sad part is that this was your first thought after waking up. ;)