PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

rock_nog
07-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Grats on the game testing job. Hope you don't get too burned out.

Oh dear God, what have I done? In a moment of madness I created a banana creature in Spore and made a video of him dancing to the peanut butter jelly time song. >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjlluES5Klw

Shazza Dani
07-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Oh dear God, what have I done? In a moment of madness I created a banana creature in Spore and made a video of him dancing to the peanut butter jelly time song. >.<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjlluES5Klw

That's weird looking. Now I have the urge to make my own.

EDIT: Yay! Now I'm lame for doing this too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqEWEdsiXn0

Beldaran
07-03-2008, 06:51 PM
Beldaran pokes out his eyes.

Aegix Drakan
07-03-2008, 07:25 PM
...I sense a fad.

...Now I'm going to go wash my ears and eyes out.

...oh gosh...don't let this become the new rick roll...

ZTC
07-03-2008, 10:32 PM
It probably already has.
Did anybody see the news about a house that got flooded by salad dressing in Ohio? Pretty gross.

Sir_Johnamus
07-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I didn't. As for the videos, I like mighty darknut's more. Maybe I will make one latre.

ZTC
07-04-2008, 12:43 AM
It's been awhile since there was a database error to shake things up ;) That and Dragonforce is pure awesome.
/me needs moar muzak for psp *sigh*

Aegix Drakan
07-05-2008, 03:00 PM
...news about a house that got flooded by salad dressing in Ohio?

0_o How the hell?!? How do you flood a house with Salad dressing?!?

Oh, and the Game testing job is pretty good. ...Man, we have games in there that I'm sure some of you would KILL to play...and yet...I get stuck with this REALLY lame one...

I cannot say what it is for 2 reasons: 1) I signed a confidentiality agreement, and If I breathe a word, they will unleash the hounds of hell on me. And 2)...If I told you what I was testing, you'd think I was insane to test it, even though I'm getting paid.

...ah well. At least it's bearable, and I'm getting paid.

On an unrelated note, what is this bullshit about Stride lasting a super long time?!? It lasts just about the same time as Trident (5 minutes). Heck, I think that trident actually lasts longer! This is bull!

MasterSwordUltima
07-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Oh god, so the spore monsters are here now too. Atleast you guys made bananas and not penises.

rock_nog
07-05-2008, 03:14 PM
My money's on "Barbie's Magical Pony Adventure."

Aegix Drakan
07-05-2008, 08:30 PM
My money's on "Barbie's Magical Pony Adventure."

:lol: haha...no. Thank goodness no. My luck isn't that bad. XD

ZTC
07-05-2008, 09:16 PM
It would have been fun to test and you know it! lol
I don't have to work with anyone I don't like next week. Yay schedule changes for everyone. >->

biggiy05
07-05-2008, 10:19 PM
It probably already has.
Did anybody see the news about a house that got flooded by salad dressing in Ohio? Pretty gross.

Yeah it's a few hours away from me. I read the article at work the other morning, I'll see if I can find it again.

Why is that if you don't answer your phone the first time people feel the need to call you again and again every few minutes? Obviously if I didn't answer the first time my phone isn't on me or I didn't hear it.

ZTC
07-05-2008, 10:50 PM
No clue, but that happens at work almost every day during lunch and dinner rushes. Wish I could get to the phone, but it's ususally impossible to do so. Now if someone has the chance to get it, it's usually--
a) wrong number
b) automated advertisements
c) prank call
d) someone calling to ask if we serve Pizzones
e) they hang up right as someone pickes up the phone
Once in a great while we get some stupid haraasing phone call by a racist pig or the like. Nothing like hanging up on those people :)

Trevelyan_06
07-06-2008, 04:49 AM
Why is that if you don't answer your phone the first time people feel the need to call you again and again every few minutes? Obviously if I didn't answer the first time my phone isn't on me or I didn't hear it.

Because we live in a society where instant communication is taken for granted. Most people are use to getting a hold of someone instantly almost whenever they want.

I usually just call and if I don't get them I hang up when the voice mail picks up. I'm always asked why I don't leave a message and that's because I wanted to talk to the person not the machine. Honestly, what I wanted to say typically isn't of such great importance that I need to leave a message.

ZTC
07-06-2008, 01:30 PM
Agreed.
I had something interesting to say, but I don't remember. :( So... CSIs vs Vampires, who would win?

rock_nog
07-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Damnit, I accidentally broke my glasses this morning. Now I have to walk around all squinty-eyed.

mrz84
07-06-2008, 04:15 PM
I know how that feels. I had to do that for a year before I broke down and just spent the money on a new pair of glasses. :kitty:

Shazza Dani
07-06-2008, 06:06 PM
I don't like wearing glasses. I have contacts.

ShadowTiger
07-06-2008, 07:13 PM
And I have important contacts here and there who constantly tell me to wear my glasses, but screw 'em. :blah:

rock_nog
07-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Ewww, screw that - I couldn't deal with sticking things in my eyes.

Shazza Dani
07-06-2008, 08:00 PM
And I have important contacts here and there who constantly tell me to wear my glasses, but screw 'em. :blah:

xD My contacts aren't people, they're lenses.

ShadowTiger
07-06-2008, 08:13 PM
lol I know. I'm just being cleverly creatively responsive in an otherwise unproductive manner.

I'm probably not going to use contacts, but I actually do have a hankering for a certain pair of lenses. Either pure black, or pure red, pure blue, or cat-eyed. I've always liked 'em all.

Aegix Drakan
07-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I am never seen without my glasses.

And so, rock_nog, I feel your Pain when you say you broke yours. >_< That's never fun.

But the worst was when I took them to this one place for cleaning...and...the thing they used MELTED the lenses. (my glases were mad eof plastic, back then...I think...). Anyway, they were TOTALLY wasted, and I had to deal without them for a week. Not fun.

I hope yours get repaired soon.

Shazza Dani
07-06-2008, 09:09 PM
lol I know. I'm just being cleverly creatively responsive in an otherwise unproductive manner.

I'm probably not going to use contacts, but I actually do have a hankering for a certain pair of lenses. Either pure black, or pure red, pure blue, or cat-eyed. I've always liked 'em all.

Black ftw!
http://gc.guitarcenter.com/interview/wesborland/wesborland2.jpg

ZTC
07-06-2008, 11:44 PM
Go with cat-eyed; I would. =^-^=
I was looking at a site listed in the Chrono Trigger Ds thread and I found a few interesting sites dedicated for various prereleases/betas and related stuff. There's some good info on Sonic betas on a particular site, but I am unable to post it as it would be a violation of the ToS. (rom linking) Oh well, now I must look up information on Link's Awakening.

The_Amaster
07-07-2008, 06:33 PM
So Professor Layton is now my new favorite video game. Ever. Like, I love this game. I haven't played a game I thought was this awesome in like...ever.

In other news, my brothers DS got water in the upper screen, and now it's all blotchy. Anyone got any ideas besides a hair-dryer? (We already tried)

In other other news, Washington State rules. So many frickin' pine trees everywhere.

Aegix Drakan
07-07-2008, 08:45 PM
Ach...water in the top screen, huh? um...Leave it to dry for a few weeks? I really don't know...

And holy crap...I just realized I have a playlis ton my PC that's 4 hours, and 46 minutes long! I'm not even kidding!

It's a compilation of whatever random songs I happen to like, and I just toss them into one main playlist, appropriately titled "Random!"

mrz84
07-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Reminds me of a handheld related incident that happened to me in the past week or two. I was eating dinner while playing my Game boy Pocket at the same time one handed (Dragon Warrior Monsters 2 btw) when I fumbled it. The GBP landed screen first on top of my dinner. The brightness switch seemed to have take na hit somehow because the screen keep changing the level of brightness to either too dark or too bright tyo see what was going on screen. I saved asap and borrowed DO's GBP to continue playing, but I still can't figure out what made mine do what. The drop was only about 2-3 inches at most from my hand to my food. I also cleaned the sucker soon it looked ALMOST brand new save for the faded sticker on the back.

Anyways, long story short. I'm out a GBP. Make me wish I got a GBA SP instead of the Micro now. :sweat:

As for your situation, can't help you I'm afraid since I've only played the demo DS games at Wal-Mart whenever I was bored. Good luck with that though. :kitty:

The_Amaster
07-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Well, the brightness switching thing seems to be exactly whats happening to his DS. It's currently almost too dark to see, but it flickers in and out.

Hmmmm...*shrugs* Mostly I just don't want him spending 120 bucks on a new DS, 'cause thats a waste of hard earned money if it fixes itself a few weeks later. But he's so impatient...if we weren't in Washington he'd have bought a new one by now.

Russ
07-07-2008, 09:07 PM
So Professor Layton is now my new favorite video game. Ever. Like, I love this game. I haven't played a game I thought was this awesome in like...ever.

In other news, my brothers DS got water in the upper screen, and now it's all blotchy. Anyone got any ideas besides a hair-dryer? (We already tried)

In other other news, Washington State rules. So many frickin' pine trees everywhere.
A. You are experiancing the same thing I am with Earthbound. It's amazing how some people love certain games.
B. No idea how to fix the DS problem.
C. I know how great Washington is. I live there. :)

Skulkraken
07-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Is the DS still under warranty? If it is, you could probably send it in for repairs. Otherwise, you're probably out of luck. The water likely short-curcuited something in the DS. D:

ZTC
07-07-2008, 10:53 PM
That happened to my old phone. You'll have to have it sent in for repairs. My phone needed a new battery, so I got one. Unfortunately, the battery killed my old phone, leaving me without a phone for about a month. At least I was able to return that battery so I could put that towards my current phone.

The_Amaster
07-07-2008, 11:10 PM
Yeah, but it's already been in for repairs once, and that time cost us 40 bucks and took 4 weeks. Now maybe water-damage is covered by the warrenty, but theres no way my brother'ed wait 4 weeks. He's just too impatient.

And now if you'll excuse me, some very bad information has come to light, and I must go rant in GB for a tad...

Beldaran
07-07-2008, 11:11 PM

Ugh. I grew up there. I moved. It's cold, dank, dark, and depressing 300 days a year. Housing prices are retardulous, politics are insane, and the sports teams are mediocre on average. The women are overweight, pasty, and bitchy and the music scene is a saggy crock of emo poop.

I fart in the general direction of my home state.

ZTC
07-07-2008, 11:55 PM
lol Monty Python reference. I remember seeing that segment on youtube, and then the same segmets done with Legos. I lol'd

Russ
07-07-2008, 11:55 PM
I will give you this, it does rain a lot. But today was a perfect sunny day, and there was nothing to complain about. The sports are bad, but so what. Houses are expensive, but we can sell our house for a lot more than we bought it now. :) Politics are insane, but give a place where they aren't. As for the women, I have nothing to say on the subject.

The_Amaster
07-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Well, climbing Hurricane Ridge was a bit of a rip off, as by the time we reached the top the fog/cloud has descended and we couldn't see anything. And camping for 4 days, three of which rained, had it's ups and downs. But were probably gonna check out the Air and Space Museum tomorrow, which should be sweet.

Breaker
07-08-2008, 09:52 AM
test to see if new posts can be made in this thread...

ZTC
07-10-2008, 12:16 AM
Illinois sucks, especially King Dailey and Blago. Nothin like livin in one of the most politically corrupt states in the country :(

Beldaran
07-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Illinois is politically corrupt? Man, I'm trying to think... I think there's a famous politician from there. I can't think who it is though. His name escapes me.

Icey
07-10-2008, 02:34 AM
Wait, how can you not have heard of the Chicago machine before? It's one of the most politically corrupt areas in American history.

By the way, posting in this thread made me wonder - what happened to phattonez? Hopefully he didn't die or something.

Beldaran
07-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Wait, how can you not have heard of the Chicago machine before?

You need to check the batteries in your sarcasm detector. ;)

rock_nog
07-10-2008, 12:03 PM
South Texas is always a fun place for corruption - hell, once we even had the dog catcher get busted on embezzlement charges. Then there was that time the city councilwoman got caught embezzling thousands of dollars for Tarot readings. Funniest damn thing I ever heard, especially being that she clearly wasn't getting her money's worth - surely a good Tarot reader would've seen that one coming.

ZTC
07-11-2008, 02:33 AM
lol
Nasty storms that came through the area knocked out power to quite a bit of the area earler. Luckily, I was at work when that happened and it didn't affect us. We got swamped since we were:
a) one of the few places open to eat
b) we were the only fast food place with working credit card machines in the whole area
I guess it 'helped' that our cc uplink hasn't been switched from dial-up to hightspeed net yet. Extra money for me, I guess :blah:
Game Genie + Sonic 2 = Access to corrupted form of Hidden Palace Zone. Tried it out a few hours ago, and now realized that track 10 from the sound test goes to this Zone that was cut from the game. It would have been cool for that to be in the final, but I guess I must rely on alphas, protos, and rom hacks to play through it. Now if I can get a cart burner, I could play that on the actual hardware...

rock_nog
07-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Storms? I could use a storm right about now. Actually, come to think of it, just last night we had a pretty wicked storm. Right now though... Ugh, it's so damn muggy. I need to run up to the school to turn in my lab notebook, but dear God, I don't think I can muster the courage. I think I'd melt about halfway there. Besides, I think I'm pretty much fused to the seat at this point. Ick.

Beldaran
07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
rock - what part of texas are in again?

rock_nog
07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm actually in Minnesota. I'm from South Texas (Rio Grande Valley, more specifically), though, but moved up here for college and decided to stay. Though technically, if you really want to get into it, I was originally born in Oklahoma - my family moved around a lot, which makes trying to explain where I'm from very confusing.

Beldaran
07-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Minnesota eh? So are you going to vote for Al Franken? :)

And obligatory: dontcha know.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_BSQe3fjg39w/RkOmHr7Y7SI/AAAAAAAAACc/s3BMYMnyhXE/s320/martha+generic_08_pq.gif

Aegix Drakan
07-11-2008, 09:53 PM
And obligatory: dontcha know.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_BSQe3fjg39w/RkOmHr7Y7SI/AAAAAAAAACc/s3BMYMnyhXE/s320/martha+generic_08_pq.gif

0_o Dude...isn't that the mom from Bobby's World?

rock_nog
07-11-2008, 09:56 PM
Oh yah, yoo betcha!

The_Amaster
07-11-2008, 11:12 PM
So, I've only ever seen like two episodes of that show, along with having a Burger King Toy featuring him. Yet the show sticks with me, I remember it for some reason.

ZTC
07-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I remember watching that alot, along with Life with Louie. I heaaard thaaaat. lol, I loved that show.
So after a long time, I started playing Shining Force II again. When I saw the save state timestamps, I noticed that it's been over 3 years since I've played it. :( It's prolly been just as long since I've played Phantasy Star II, but I need to see if I have my copy of Sega Smash Pack and the data files for my saves still...

The_Amaster
07-12-2008, 08:58 AM
Ah, Shining Force
*fuzzy flashback*
Thinking about it, I owe Sega so much. Sonic 3 got me into video games in general, and Shining Force got me into RPGs. Without them I probably wouldn't be the gamer I am today.

Beldaran
07-12-2008, 12:41 PM
You mean you might have a girlfriend and muscles?

ZTC
07-12-2008, 01:07 PM
You're just jealous becaue we're so good at classic games :waggle:
I hate trying to remember all the bb code for all the smilies. Oh well, sucks to be at work on a slow day :shrug:

rock_nog
07-12-2008, 03:10 PM
*yawn* Man, I'm so bored today. Just can't think of a single thing to do. At least the weather de-muggified. Seriously, that was just absolutely disgusting yesterday.

Oh, and I will say this - the real fun of living in Minnesota is having the opportunity to go troll the Republican National Convention in September.

ZTC
07-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Trolls are fun to feed, once they're full, I can lay the smackdown on em. :sb:
Now to take another shot at trying to get wireless net again. Surfing isn't the same with my phone, and I miss IRC something awful.

Pineconn
07-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Surfing isn't the same with my phone

Might you try a board?

[/lame joke]

Got back from summer camp, have a few days to relax, senior photos, then 4/5 days of working, a few days to relax, another 4/5 days of working, another few days to relax, mandatory band practice, and band camp. Ugh.

Russ
07-12-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow, sounds like you have a rough summer.

Well, it's my birthday, and it's been pretty boring all day. Pretty anticlimatic.

The_Amaster
07-12-2008, 10:28 PM
My summer is finally going to get seriously started. After three weeks running aorund Germany, and another week and a half in Washington State, I'm finally ready to just kick back, relax, and enjoy myself to the fullest.

Russ
07-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Question: Why were you in the U.S.'s best state for a week and a half?

The_Amaster
07-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Oh, some good friends of ours moved out there a couple years ago after the dad was forced to take the fall for some guy embezzeling or somesuch at his job, so we flew out to see them again, and go camping and stuff.

Man, I got so much hiking in. Probably at least 3-5 miles a day, and often more. Plus this really awesome Lava Tube cave underground near Mt. St. Helens.

Russ
07-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Ya, Mt. St. Helens is neat. Last time I went, the lava tubes were closed, because it was starting to become active again.

Where did you stay in Washington?

The_Amaster
07-13-2008, 08:59 AM
A few miles out from Seattle, on this five-acre wooded plot thing. It was pretty sweet.

Prrkitty
07-13-2008, 02:39 PM
I love going to visit Mt. St. Helens. We're only about 2 hours from Mt. St. Helens... Mt. Hood and the coast. So we're pretty centrally located :)

Beldaran
07-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Incidentally, Mt. St. Helens is the worst source of pollution (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002105397_volcano01m.html) in the entire state of Washington.

Masamune
07-13-2008, 03:10 PM
Beldaran had phone sex with me the other day.

It hurt.

Russ
07-13-2008, 03:12 PM
Incidentally, Mt. St. Helens is the worst source of pollution (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002105397_volcano01m.html) in the entire state of Washington.
It's also the neatest looking pollution source in Washington. :D

ZTC
07-13-2008, 04:35 PM
but did you enjoy it, masa?

At least Law & Order SVU is on to divert my attention for a while...

Pineconn
07-14-2008, 11:59 AM
I was just thinking. Does anyone think my sig is too long? I made that P I N E C O N N picture at least a year ago.

Shazza Dani
07-14-2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah, it's pretty big. I'm one who prefers no sig, or just a single line of text or a small image. I don't like my sig to be too obtrusive.

rock_nog
07-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Behold! A vision of the one true Flying Spaghetti Monster! Gaze upon it, nonbelievers, and feel touched by his noodly appendage.

http://i38.tinypic.com/214uibk.jpg

rAmen!

Modus Ponens
07-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Wow, and it's gracing my own fair city! I feel so blessed.

Russ
07-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I was just thinking. Does anyone think my sig is too long? I made that P I N E C O N N picture at least a year ago.
It's not too long. You should see my sig at Pure ZC. That's a monster. Your's is fine.

rock_nog: You got me. I beliebe it. But I didn't know the flying spaghetti monster was made out of fireworks.

Trevelyan_06
07-14-2008, 04:58 PM
It's not too long. You should see my sig at Pure ZC. That's a monster. Your's is fine.

rock_nog: You got me. I beliebe it. But I didn't know the flying spaghetti monster was made out of fireworks.

There in lies the mystery of the FSM, he can be made out of whatever he chooses.

ZTC
07-15-2008, 12:18 AM
Looks like a woman to the left of that Italian-themed beast.

I get to have fun with the owner coming to the store to look stuff over tomorrow. I wouln't mind, except that the store is being used for the new product rollout during the afternoon with our district manager and two of the area store managers. Everything would be fine, except it's my boss' day off, and I have to take his place. I'm just really worried that something will go wrong. :( Then again, I'm going to blow allocated labor for maybe the whole day since there's no salaried manager coming in till the night shift to absorb the other hourly people.

phattonez
07-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Wait, how can you not have heard of the Chicago machine before? It's one of the most politically corrupt areas in American history.

By the way, posting in this thread made me wonder - what happened to phattonez? Hopefully he didn't die or something.

I'm not dead or anything, just taking one of my breaks from AGN. Every once in a while I just get bored of it, but I come back after a while. I'm pretty sure that at one point I was gone for more than a year before coming back (and I came back at the point when AGN was getting about 5 posts a day, even less in the non-ZC forums).

So honestly, who here watched the all-star game last night?

EDIT: apparently it's going to take a very long break before I get topped in this thread.

Beldaran
07-16-2008, 04:28 PM
I think baseball is stupid, and the players are mostly prima donna ass hole pussies.

I've asked this before, but I keep forgetting. How do you tell how many posts you have in a thread again?

The_Amaster
07-16-2008, 04:43 PM
On the index page, click on the number of posts in the thread, and a ranking of members by post shows up.

phattonez
07-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I think baseball is stupid

Only if you don't understand the game.

and the players are mostly prima donna ass hole pussies.

But this part is pretty true, except I don't know if I would call them pussies because I wouldn't want to get in a fight with any of them.

erm2003
07-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Instead of the All-Star game I watched reruns of Family Guy because that was by far more entertaining.

Beldaran
07-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Only if you don't understand the game.

That's a bunch of bullshit. Some of the stupidest people I've ever seen play baseball, and most smart science/engineering types understand baseball perfectly and don't give a crap about it because it's boring and retarded.

What, I'm not intelligent enough to see the appeal in a bunch of rich ass holes scratching their nuts for four hours? I'm stupid because I don't appreciate a sport where grown men go apeshit and act like three year olds if they don't like the outcome of a pitch?

Baseball is almost as pathetic as the people who obsess over it.

Russ
07-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm not really sure, bu wouldn't that be considered flaming?

As for baseball, I don't really care for it, but I see nothing wrong with it.

phattonez
07-16-2008, 08:01 PM
That's a bunch of bullshit. Some of the stupidest people I've ever seen play baseball, and most smart science/engineering types understand baseball perfectly and don't give a crap about it because it's boring and retarded.

What, I'm not intelligent enough to see the appeal in a bunch of rich ass holes scratching their nuts for four hours? I'm stupid because I don't appreciate a sport where grown men go apeshit and act like three year olds if they don't like the outcome of a pitch?

Baseball is almost as pathetic as the people who obsess over it.

Wow, way to take a post the wrong way. I mean you have to really get into the game before you can really understand it. It's not gonna flash you with a bunch of guys just knocking each other out like football, it's the intricacies, the pitching, and the finesse of defensive plays that amazes you. But you need to be into the game to understand them; you can't just casually watch baseball and be into it.

rock_nog
07-16-2008, 10:11 PM
See, this is why I hate sports. I just can't get into the intricacies and crap. Plus, I never really have strong feelings about which side wins.

Anyway, I finally got a real Internet connection, so I'm no longer mooching off the church. Also, I finally got a chance to play Brawl online - what the hell? It was like I had accidentally stepped into a time portal, back into the days of 56K. What a let-down.

erm2003
07-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Seriously? You must not have a great connection or something. I have had minimal problems and lag playing Brawl and Mario Kart online.

ZTC
07-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Yesterday wasn't bad at all, so I worried about nothing. =/ Yeah phattonez just 'disappears' once in a while.

So since CTA ridership is up, the nuts up in Chicago thinking of ripping out the seating, so they can cram in there.

Also, go Cubs :p

phattonez
07-16-2008, 11:51 PM
CTA is a terrible transit agency mostly because they have no funding. So instead of getting more trains, you get less seats.

It's amazing, but in California our governor wants to cut transit funding again. At it's all time high since WWII, and he wants to cut funding. Makes absolutely no sense.

ZTC
07-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Since when does politics makes sence?

I've quickly learned a long time ago that drama and work really doesn't mix too well. It's too bad that some people try to do so anyways. That reminds me of last year-- I found out that one of the newer girls like me, and I 'confronted' (can't think of a better word) her and asked if it was true and said yeah. I pretty much said that I wouldn't go out with her, and we left it at that. (me being 21, and her 16, it...no... I don't do that =/ ) A coworker found out, and starting talking shit on why I wouldn't go out with her, and kept giving her ideas on how to get it to where I would go out with her. One of the managers was there and overheard what they were trying to do, so the GM was informed. He promptly fired them for harassment. From what I've heard, she's passed herself around to anything that would want to be with her, and now she's engaged at 17. It's sad really.

The_Amaster
07-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Dude...that's just messed up.
And yet looking around at some of the sad specimins of humanity who surround us today, I wonder how many of them have similar stories.
Well...maybe not "engaged at 17" bad, but "barely finished high-school, always high, lazy" bad.

Sam Atoms
07-17-2008, 01:24 AM
So honestly, who here watched the all-star game last night?

I thought the NL was going to do it when they went up 2-0 in the seventh, up 3-2 in the eighth, and at a bunch of other times. Yet every year it seems like the NL finds a new way to not get it done. It's like they're made of FAIL when you get right down to their very core.

Now that regulation play is going to be restarting, there are a lot of interesting storylines to watch in the second half, like which one of Tampa Bay and the Yankees will get the last AL playoff spot, whether the White Sox will get caught by the Twins, whether the Diamondbacks will get caught by the Dodgers, whether somebody will catch the Phillies, whether the Cubs can hang on to a postseason ticket, and whether my team (the Oakland A's) will toss in the towel or keep trying to contend.

Beldaran
07-17-2008, 01:25 AM
but "barely finished high-school, always high, lazy" bad.

:D (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/member.php?u=2546)

ZTC
07-17-2008, 11:17 PM
lol
So I find out that the bathtub has a few cracks and has to be replaced. That means that whole master bath has to be torn apart too. It sucks that's happened, but what really sucks is that the new one will just be a regular tub. I'll really miss the jets. :(

rock_nog
07-17-2008, 11:58 PM
Damnit, Amaster42, I'm not sure this can work out - your avatar says "Don't panic," and my custom title says "Don't panic!" I think the only way to settle this is to determine who is the bigger HG2G fan.

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Well, in the "I hate ZTC" thread, I caught the "Vell, ZTCs just zis guy, you know". (And now I want there to be a "I hate Zaphod Q. IX" thread just so I can use it properly)

*brightens up* I have a 42 at the end of my name...although you used to as well, so that doesn't count for much...*returns to thought*

We could do an "Obscure reference-off".
Do you know who Lintilla is, for example?

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Lintilla, along with her sisters, Lintilla and Lintilla, is an archeologist.

Earth's ape-descended lifeforms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. What else do they still think is a pretty neat idea?

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 01:03 AM
...aw, crap, I'm pretty sure that your talking about to the opening of Mostly Harmless, where the signature phrase was modified to be more modern or something, but I don't own a copy, so I only read it once from the library. I wanna say cell phones, but I'm not sure if that's it...

Okay, when was Fenchurch first mentioned?

ZTC
07-18-2008, 01:09 AM
Incendentally, the Ultimate Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy was the most recent book that I've read and actually enjoyed. A friend from college borrowed it to me last year, and he disappeared before I had the chance to return it to him, so it's been in my possession since. I'd like to return it to him, but I'm unable to get into contact with him. :shrug:
Edit: I thought the second book had that quote, and I think the third one mentions Fenchurch.

Beldaran
07-18-2008, 01:54 AM
So, some fucking dick stole all my laundry from the apartment complex laundry mat tonight.

So there goes several hundred dollars worth of my clothes. Fucking ass holes.

ShadowTiger
07-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Set up an intricate array of gatling guns to surround your laundry machine. They can be made of papier mache if you need cheap building materials. They can fire M&Ms.

... ... It adds an additional element of fear and suspense to laundry rooms. :)

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 09:36 AM
It's from the Quandry phase of the radio show, and the answer is novelty ringtones. Fenchurch, of course, is mentioned, though not by name, on the very first page of the first book.

erm2003
07-18-2008, 09:49 AM
So, some fucking dick stole all my laundry from the apartment complex laundry mat tonight.

Who the fuck goes around stealing other people's clothes? That sucks man. Maybe someone made some horrible mistake and you will somehow get them back...

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 11:10 AM
Ah, the new radio show. Yeah, I haven't been able to find anywhere to listen to that.

Fenchurch, of course, is mentioned, though not by name, on the very first page of the first book.
*snaps fingers* Dang, I thought maybe I had you with that one.

K, your go.

Beldaran
07-18-2008, 11:25 AM
Who the fuck goes around stealing other people's clothes?

Mexicans and homeless people.

Aegix Drakan
07-18-2008, 12:04 PM

0_o O....k...

Well...good luck replacing all of that...

But you now have a ready made excuse to walk around the house naked! XD

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 12:36 PM
I've heard of people stealing clothes from donation bins to sell to secondhand stores, but damn, that's just beyond low. I mean, I know stealing is stealing, but there's just something so much worse about taking someone's basic necessities.

Alright Amaster42, what math problem did Marvin solve that would completely put the math world on its head?

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 12:43 PM
He found the square root of negative one.

What is the reason for the continued flight delay of the ship on Frogstar World B?

Man, it's tough thinking of some of these, and I think even this one was too easy. (My original question was going to be "The total perspective vortex derives the entirety of creation from...")

Beldaran
07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Yeah now I have to go buy new pants, underwear, and socks. Plus, they stole my brand new workout clothes. I'm probably out at least $200. Fucking jerks.

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 01:00 PM
There was a lack of lemon-soaked paper napkins, and a piece of fairy cake.

What drink does every civilization in the galaxy have a variant of?

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 01:05 PM
The Gin and Tonic

What question does Ford ask aboard the ark that goades Number Two to respond "I'm asking the questions!"

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Do you have any of those cheese biscuits?

What newspaper did Arthur regularly read before Earth was demolished?

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 01:18 PM
...yeah, okay, you got me there.
Can I ask where it's from though? Because if it's the old radio series, the first four books, the mini-series or the movie I'm going to kick myself, whereas if it's from Mostly Harmless I'll understand my mind slipping, and if it's from the new radio show, well, I never heard them, so...

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 01:37 PM
It's the Guardian. Sorry, it was a bit of an obscure reference - in the first book, when Arthur learns that the Magratheans have slept through the economic recession, it is mentioned that Arthur, being a regular Guardian reader, was shocked by this.

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Really?
*pulls his copy off the shelf*
Oh, yeah, guess your right.
Well, fairs fair, that point goes to you.

You wanna continue?

ZTC
07-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Please, go on :)
Now I want to read that series again....if I can find it.

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Hehe, alright, I got a point. So, what are the names of the two islands on Damogran?

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Easter Island and France.

In that vein, what species is the decidedly most...unusual member of the HoG science team?

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 08:56 PM
The Hoovaloo, a superintelligent shade of the color blue. What's a body debit card?

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 09:40 PM
...that was going to be my next question, actually.
It's a card that links to a certain location, and upon activation debits your body there and credits it to your current location. Used by Zaphod and Roosta to escape (they think) the Guide building.

In the radio series, the two cops shooting at the heros in Magrathea are suddenly killed when...

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 09:52 PM
That is a trick question. In fact, the cops are not killed in the radio show - the computer bank behind which our heroes are hiding explodes and projects them forward in time to Milliway's. In the book, however, the cops are killed when Marvin talks to their ship, which is connected to their life-support systems, and the ship commits suicide.

How does Wowbagger's insult to Arthur Dent differ between the English and American versions?

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 10:17 PM
The American version says "You're a jerk Dent, a complete kneebiter", where the British version says "Asshole"

Okay, this one is based on weather you've read the Radio Scripts or not, but can you name the annotation in the margins of the scrips that accidently got tranferred to the published version?

ZTC
07-18-2008, 10:19 PM
Looks like a page went forward and I cannot go to the next one for some odd reason. Though, with this thread going on a trivia tangent, I've got some inspiration on how to starting a trivia script for my IRC bot.

Aegix Drakan
07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
...uhh...I think this duel of the wits is starting to take over the topic...

ZTC
07-18-2008, 10:27 PM
but when I post, it goes to the next page :odd: and I still cannot find that blasted book.

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR!

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 10:28 PM
eh, we'll wrap it up pretty soon...probably...

In other news, I discovered why I hate 95% of all gaming webcomics. It's because they're basicly all bad rip-offs of Penny Arcade, which I just started reading recently and think is actually funny. As in, they know how to structure a joke and set up a gag.

The same principle applies to 8-bit Theater and sprite comics.

Aegix Drakan
07-18-2008, 10:31 PM
...I personally enjoy the webcomic series I curently link to in my sig.

...Along bowser's kingdom flash movies, and Zero Punctuation reviews.

The_Amaster
07-18-2008, 10:38 PM
*clicks on link* Hmm, yeah, I'd say that probably fits the 5%.
The drawing is a bit...rough, but the pacing seems pretty good.

Yeah, Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw is awesome. Between Zero Punctuation, and some really awesome freeware PaC adventures. In fact... (http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/features/goodcomics.htm)

Flash cartoons tend to be more around 50%, because they take more effort to put together than comics, and so people with no clue what they're doing tend to give up faster.

rock_nog
07-18-2008, 11:13 PM
I have not, in fact, read the radio show script, so I have no idea - and perhaps we should move this to forum games or something?

Icey
07-19-2008, 12:16 AM
I really like xkcd, but maybe it's just because I'm a math person. Also, it's not really Penny Arcade-esque. Other than PA and xkcd, though, I don't read any other webcomics, and I don't even read those two regularly...

MasterSwordUltima
07-20-2008, 12:03 AM
So I just went lazer taggin' at the local Planet Trog. My team [red team] lost to the other team [green team], yet I came in second place over-all. The guy who came in first camped out by the red base and kept doing cheap shots, and then bragged about how good he was. Meh, I still had tons of fun, and gained +15 to my reputation there.

Russ
07-20-2008, 12:05 AM
You got to love lazer tag. There used to be a great lazer tag place 15 minutes away from my house. It was two stories tall, and had time bombs, and all sorts of stuff. Then it closed down. :(

MasterSwordUltima
07-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Usually when a two story building has bombs in it, they will close it down, yes.

ZTC
07-20-2008, 01:04 AM
*sees a MSU and charges lazors*
SHOOP DA WHOOP

points for whoever knows two places that use that meme

MasterSwordUltima
07-20-2008, 01:15 AM
Don't worry buddy, I'm also chargin mah lazor. </filthy 8bit voice>

Ah, time to find a torrent that has a full Swinging with Raymond album. <3 Chumbawamba

Aegix Drakan
07-20-2008, 09:57 AM
:P I LOVE lazer tag. I've only done it twice, though...

The first time was AWESOME. Me, my younger brother, and my dad all went in. My dad, (of course) was telling us he'd TERMINATE US (in his Arnold impression voice). :P He spent most of the time in this conveniant corner with a very good view, sniping people, whereas my brother and I we in the action.

I beat him by a very good chunk of points. And plus, I had to stop for a few minutes, since somehow, my brother got his nose smacked, and as I was trying to help him, people were shooting us.

:P So, upon coming out, I said "NOW who's been TERMINATED?". He, of course, said that he was holding back, not enough people came by, people were hiding the target zones under their clothes...ETC.

...He didn't play with us for the second round. XD

...Man, I want to do that again.

Pineconn
07-20-2008, 10:42 PM
...whereas my brother and I we in the action.

Are you black? :D

ZTC
07-21-2008, 12:18 AM
lolwut

Anyone here good at voice acting?

Russ
07-21-2008, 01:56 AM
Why do you ask?

MasterSwordUltima
07-21-2008, 03:38 AM
I recorded my voice to replace the generic dude in Counter Strike back in the day. I even filtered it and used walkie-talkie beeps.

So to answer your question, I have?

ZTC
07-21-2008, 09:42 AM
I ask because I'm going to try to put together a few of my stories I'm working on now in a internet radio format. I've got synoposes of three stories put together, so all I need to do is put scripts together.

Also, the power is out over here so it looks like I won't be able to work today. :( (and this is why I like having net on my phone lol)

Aegix Drakan
07-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Are you black? :D

...*FACEPALM* I cna't belive I made a Silly typo like that...I meant to say my brother and I WERE in the action...

:P And no, I'm not black. ...I'm really pale from my lack of outdoor light, actually.

Pineconn
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
I know, I was just cashing in on a perfect opportunity. Your typo just happened to allow me to make a somewhat racist joke. :)

I need something to eat. I think I'll have Cheesy Taco Easy Mac.

Aegix Drakan
07-21-2008, 05:17 PM
I know, I was just cashing in on a perfect opportunity. Your typo just happened to allow me to make a somewhat racist joke. :)

You're on my blacklist, Pineconn...

*Runs!*

MasterSwordUltima
07-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Ahahah, you totally turned that around on him. Looks like Pineconn dollars just lost some value.

The_Amaster
07-21-2008, 10:19 PM
*sulkily* At least people acknowledge Pineconn dollars. Not like the long forgotten Amaster dollar *looks wistfully at the bill in his hand*

On the plus side, my friends and I have finally started our adaption of the D&D rules to accomodate Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, and Geneforge. It's gonna be a hell of a campaign.

Pineconn
07-21-2008, 10:41 PM
PD$ were doing very well until you pointed out that blunder...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/AGN_Currency_72108.png

rock_nog
07-21-2008, 11:15 PM
And now, thanks to the fact that our economic fears have been confirmed, the Pineconn dollar will plummet even more as people seek to unload their Pineconn dollars in favor of a more stable currency. Damnit, this panic is bad news for me - all of my AGN savings are tied up in Pineconn dollars.

ZTC
07-21-2008, 11:20 PM
And that's why I have a stash of Karma Coins.
Adapted D&D rules, Amaster42? I wanna see how that turns out.

Pineconn
07-21-2008, 11:21 PM
If you wish, rock_nog, you can create your own kind of AGN$, but it may only cripple the economy further. I blame MSU$, they seem to disappear for weeks at a time, but then reappear out of nowhere.

I think I need to hire economic analysts. I'll pay them in Pineconn Dollars. =D

rock_nog
07-21-2008, 11:45 PM
I suggest strengthening economic ties with phattonez. After a major crash, it looks like his currency has been steadily rebuilding, and it may help inspire confidence in the market.

Russ
07-22-2008, 12:21 AM
PD$ were doing very well until you pointed out that blunder...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/AGN_Currency_72108.png
Ah, Pineconn, must we go through this again?

I AM BLUE! NOT GOLD! BLUE!

rock_nog
07-22-2008, 09:20 AM
Oh wow... Okay, I've now reached a new height in bizarre dreams. So I dreamed I was just tooling around in Google Earth, looking at South Texas, specifically, and I see this mountain range in the distance that I want to get a closer look at. So I start scrolling over, but it's taking too long. Not thinking about the fact that it's just a computer screen or anything, I decide it'll be faster if I just walk over there, so suddenly, the fabric of reality is altered and I'm there, in South Texas, only I'm a giant. And I'm not talking Godzilla or anything, either. I mean I'm like 30,000 feet tall. God, it was so weird, just walking around, like I was standing on a map or something. Incidentally, I accidentally crushed a part of a town because I didn't see it and ended up stepping on it.

MasterSwordUltima
07-22-2008, 09:46 AM
Actually, my currency seems to be way off the charts for long periods of time. Thats due to it being so good.

That is only because there are only three MSU$ known in existance. And they're made of pure awesome.

The_Amaster
07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
I had a dream kinda like that with the Wii Weather Channel, except I was flying, and I kept interfering with storm patterns and sending droughts to the amazon and floods to sumaria and stuff.

Yeah, I think the MSU dollar is kind of a collectors item, not spendable in it's own right, but a must have for the die-hard AGN$ fan.

phattonez
07-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Don't worry, phattonez dollars are a secure commodity for years to come. At least that's what any of my accountants would say.

How about a dream of being in France and getting around the city in a wheelchair. The city had tons of wheelchair parking and we went to the movies. Then after the movie I went to the hospital (in the same building) and the elevator was taking too long so I went up the ramp to the second floor. Then on the way back down I found the fast elevator which was incidentally next to the other elevator.

Incidentally, the wheelchairs ran on tracks. I've been having crazy dreams since this past weekend, but I just can't remember them at all.

MasterSwordUltima
07-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Yeah, I think the MSU dollar is kind of a collectors item, not spendable in it's own right, but a must have for the die-hard AGN$ fan.

That gets you some green rep my friend.

Aegix Drakan
07-22-2008, 06:20 PM
...And here I am, having dreamed that some retards locked me in an elevator that went down into a volcano, in order to kill me by roasting me alive...

...:P oh well...I gues I can't really complain, since the last few 2 times I had a lucid draem, I called up my consciousness for a chat. It's pretty random. And it seems to take the form of a metallic dragon whenever I want to chat with it.

It's pretty awesome. ...If you go lucid, give it a try. Talking to your innermost self is pretty cool

Pineconn
07-22-2008, 08:06 PM
I recently discovered the reason that AGN's economy has become so unstable. Chuck Norris Dollars have actually dropped!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/agn-cn.gif

Russ
07-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Wow, that's a good one! Just make mine blue! Must we have another blue posting streak?

Pineconn
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Wow, that's a good one! Just make mine gold! Must we have another gold posting streak?

Can do.

rock_nog
07-22-2008, 09:34 PM
What could possibly have happened to cause Chuck Norris Dollars to lose value?

On another topic, blech... Anymore physics and my brain is gonna ooze out my ears. It's not particularly hard, just trying to cram two semesters' worth of material into two months is catching up with me.

phattonez
07-22-2008, 09:37 PM
On another topic, blech... Anymore physics and my brain is gonna ooze out my ears. It's not particularly hard, just trying to cram two semesters' worth of material into two months is catching up with me.

What are you reviewing physics for?

Russ
07-22-2008, 09:51 PM
Can do.
One of the days I'm going to kill you for all of this. :) Wait, that's not a blue smily! ;) Much better. :rolleyes:

rock_nog
07-22-2008, 09:52 PM
Grad school - working on my Master of Arts in Teaching, and since I want to teach science, I need to take a bunch of college-level college classes (I didn't take much science when I was actually in college).

ShadowTiger
07-22-2008, 10:03 PM
What could possibly have happened to cause Chuck Norris Dollars to lose value? This (http://youtube.com/watch?v=GeKSfIL4efE) threatened a potential vulnerability of his.

phattonez
07-22-2008, 10:51 PM
Grad school - working on my Master of Arts in Teaching, and since I want to teach science, I need to take a bunch of college-level college classes (I didn't take much science when I was actually in college).

Hey, that's pretty commendable. I'm in the process of taking a bunch of science classes so if you need any help I'm more than willing to provide it (if you even need it).

ZTC
07-22-2008, 11:13 PM
I dunno what you're talking about, but Chuck Norris Dollars roundhouse kicked the fed, and now its value is high and stable long after the universe implodes.

I've noticed that I can view the Limerick DB, which means I go to Bash without much problems.

rock_nog
07-23-2008, 08:29 AM
LMAO... I just woke up this morning shouting something about the Proletariat. I have no idea what that was about.

MasterSwordUltima
07-23-2008, 10:17 AM
WTF they put a gnome between the two? Lmao.

Russ
07-23-2008, 01:27 PM
http://producten.hema.nl/
This website might be in Dutch, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Wait for it load, take your hand off the mouse, and watch what happens.

Modus Ponens
07-23-2008, 01:58 PM
Wow, that was terrific. I loved the bit with the magnifying glass.

MasterSwordUltima
07-23-2008, 08:09 PM
The ghettoblaster at the end is rad. People in the netherlands are nuts. [assuming .nl is for netherlands]

Aegix Drakan
07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
@ Russadwan's link

...*jaw drops* :odd:

.......:thumbsup:!!!

I haven't done this in a long time, but... FUNKY BEAR APPROVES!!!!

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n112/absoldragon/HappyBear.gif

Russ
07-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Yay, funky bear approved it!

The_Amaster
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
That was...surreal. Reminds me of that flash cartoon where the flash guy starts attacking everything in the program.

Russ
07-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Okay, this is weird. In this thread, whenever a page gets 25 posts, there is an option to take me to the next page. But it just leads to the same page I'm at. Strange. :uhoh:

The_Amaster
07-23-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I've noticed as well. I always just wrote it off as a small yet harmless bug.

On another note, I just made a thread in General Tech. Discussion about a problem I'm having. Any help is appreciated.

ZTC
07-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Bears Camp is in session at the university down the street at work, woo =/ I hope we're really busy so that time just fades away...

MasterSwordUltima
07-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Ahahah, on the one Blue Hippo commercial, the dude says labtop everytime. Ahahah. He's trying to sell something and he doesn't even know how to pronounce it.

The_Amaster
07-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Haha, I just found the best theory for why Paris Hilton is so...you know, that I have ever read.

The only possibility that seems to fit is that she is an evil extra-terrestrial from some alien culture where this kind of behaviour is acceptable, who, upon landing on Earth, made the same kind of mistake as Ford Prefect and named herself after a French hotel.

Russ
07-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Congrats Amaster! You figured it out!

I actually wouldn't be surprised if it were true. :rolleyes:

Shazza Dani
07-25-2008, 04:02 PM
=[ Why the Paris bashing?

Russ
07-25-2008, 05:54 PM
She's annoying! Remember when she was all over the news? One time, my dad asked, "Hey, want to watch Paris Hilton?" He turned on the TV, and sure enough, she was on. She is just a total brat who gets tons of attention.

ZTC
07-25-2008, 06:53 PM
lmfao awesome quote. Anyone see the preview for Clone Wars yet? Looks to be semi-decent.

Russ
07-25-2008, 06:57 PM
I think I'll see it. It would have been better if it weren't animated, but it looks like it will still be good.

Dann Woolf
07-25-2008, 07:14 PM
=[ Why the Paris bashing?

First of all, because she fucking deserves it. Second, why the fuck not? Third, what's the deal with airline food?

ZTC
07-25-2008, 10:56 PM
iDunno

So I go into Walmart and now I feel like that place sucked my energy away. I didn't feel like that before I went in, so I say there's a demonic influence in there. I was told that X-Files was on sale there, but I didn't see any of the boxes. Oh well. Now I have to wait till tomorrow to go to Best Buy so I can get Slayers. :(

The_Amaster
07-25-2008, 11:01 PM
I am personally of the opinion that "Something Wal-Mart this way comes", an episode of South Park, is 100% accurate.

So, I've been bored out of my frickin mind all week. I can't get anywhere, because my bike was stolen and I won't have money for a new one till Monday, and all my friends are busy. I've worked my way through 1200 pages of Sherlock Holmes, 3 or 4 books by Asimov, a few miscillanious other fiction, and a book on the history of Radar.
Now, that's a high level, even for me. (albeit not by much)

Shazza Dani
07-25-2008, 11:37 PM
I can't get anywhere, because my bike was stolen and I won't have money for a new one till Monday...

That SUCKS. I feel for you, as I'm an avid bike rider too. In fact, just yesterday I was out, I'm guessing about 8 miles from my house, and my rear innertube got punctured. I rode home on a flat tire, which was difficult. This morning I patched the tube with some Krazy glue.

I didn't want to spend the money on a patch kit or a new innertube because I'm going to buy a new bike soon.

ZTC
07-25-2008, 11:38 PM
I remember Darth Marsden's take on that episode in his fan-fic thread...I wanna see that South Park episode now.

Why not get the Slayers novel series to read through?

erm2003
07-26-2008, 12:57 AM
I remember Darth Marsden's take on that episode in his fan-fic thread...I wanna see that South Park episode now.

www.southparkstudios.com

You can watch all the episodes for free right on the site. I don't know how it works on mobile though, but at least you know if it doesn't work you can catch it on a PC at some point.

ZTC
07-26-2008, 01:12 AM
:o Thanks!
I'll see if I can download or stream it to my PSP tomorrow. That or play MGS PO+ on my break. I'd play it now, but if I did, I might be so engrossed in the game that I might not realize it's 3am and I have to be awake at 7am. :p I finally stopped doing that with Disagea though lol. Online play sounds fun, so I'm stoked. :D

Breaker
07-26-2008, 01:14 AM
once you start living on your own in your own apartment paying your own bills, wal mart doesn't seem so evil anymore. i decorated half my apartment from shit purchased on sale at walmart.

is it really worth being so anti-corporate america when nearly 99% of your lives are focused around their gadgets, food, and services?

MasterSwordUltima
07-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Speaking of bikes, I recently got this.
http://www.strmotorsports.com/showroom/scooters/peoples250/PeopleS250_08.jpg

Speedometer goes up to 100mph, . Its so damn fun to ride, and a lot smoother compared to my Jeep.

Also, I get just about everything from walmart myself. Only thing I don't get is food, which I grab from the local food market down the street when I come home from work every week or so. Its not so bad. Unless you recently watched that four hour documentary thing on it. [I]That was nuts.

erm2003
07-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't like some of the practices Wal-Mart has, such as their most recent labor issues. I even worked for the company at one point (Sam's Club and Wal-Mart at different points). I will still shop there for things because let's admit it, it is less expensive so I win there, and the quality of their products isn't bad either. I just don't go very often because there isn't one around the corner from me.

Sute
07-26-2008, 11:53 AM
I don't like some of the practices Wal-Mart has, such as their most recent labor issues. I even worked for the company at one point (Sam's Club and Wal-Mart at different points). I will still shop there for things because let's admit it, it is less expensive so I win there, and the quality of their products isn't bad either. I just don't go very often because there isn't one around the corner from me.

I always heard that working there wasn't so great at all. Then I saw that.. whatever movie where it goes through how Wal-Mart destroyed the work lives of small businesses. Prices are good though.. haha.

Modus Ponens
07-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Speaking of bikes ...

What's its gas mileage? My soon-to-be brother-in-law just got a Yamaha scooter. His only goes up to 40 mph, but it gets (probably only under ideal conditions) up to 115 mpg. And it's fun.

Trevelyan_06
07-26-2008, 04:09 PM
On the Wal-mart thing. Sure we all say that we don't like what they've done and we lament how they destoryed mom and pop shops. However, the only way that wal-mart got so big in the first place and was able to build these giant stores is because consumers did and continue to shop there.

As for the scooters remember what they say. They're like fucking a fat chick, fun as hell but don't let your friends catch you.

MasterSwordUltima
07-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Some 90 miles to the gallon. I've had it for about two weeks, and drove it 5+ hours the first few days, and filled it up once. So considering that I barely drive anywhere, I'm going to save a fuck load on gas. And yes, it is very fun.

They're like fucking a fat chick, fun as hell but don't let your friends catch you.
I've got a number of friends who are jealous from my old job. They're now getting some too [some have had ones before I got mine].

ZTC
07-26-2008, 09:57 PM
r0r !
oh how I miss ichigo...oh wait, wrong board. :/ lol
She's one of the admins for datorrents and one of the people that I usually chatted with on irc. With my situation, I cannot navigate the forums over there, ergo, I cannot mod the forums. It really sucks that I can't be there. Now to play my PSP for awhile and then watch some anime...

MasterSwordUltima
07-26-2008, 09:59 PM
According to the page count, theres 169 pages, yet it wont let me get past page 168. Weird.

wtf, okay, maybe that means that I was about to start page 169? Something to do with the quick reply maybe?

The_Amaster
07-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah, Russ and I have noticed this for a while. It just does that randomly.

erm2003
07-27-2008, 12:21 AM
It's a vB bug that was pointed out quite a while ago - in this thread actually since there are so many pages. It is rather annoying so hopefully a future update will fix that.

ZTC
07-27-2008, 01:34 AM
I get the same problem once every few days. :shrug: I'm in the middle of re-working the outlines of a few of my stories, so there's _some_ shape to them. I'm looking for a couple of people to demo their voice if anyone is interested with this project-thingofamajig.

Pineconn
07-27-2008, 03:30 PM
#$*#*^%#*

Just put a series of scratches in my car. Tried backing up... nearly missed a tree to my left, except the front of the car clipped it. Now I have the scratches, some random dents in my hood, a rather large dent in the back on the roof from when someone climbed on top of my car, and paint scratched off the driver's side view mirror (was like that when we bought it used).

And I'm finally done with my summer job, if I ever mentioned it. I really valued my epic $20/day pay.

ZTC
07-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Go work at a Taco Bell for about double that a day :p

So I'm browsing a couple of famlily names on my mom's side and she wanted me to look up a few for her. Found an obituary for her older sister from last year. After speaking to the funeral home's answering service, they said that one couldn't believe how many people are not informed of a relative's death. Whoever did the obit didn't even spell half of the family names correctly lol.

MasterSwordUltima
07-28-2008, 03:53 AM
I remember back in middle school I had to look up my family heritage for a project. Thats how I found out that I'm german/austrian and russian. That kinda stuff is neat.

Aegix Drakan
07-28-2008, 05:19 PM
:P I, for one, am 1/4 hungarian, 1/4 Polish, 1/4 French (from France), and 1/4 French Canadian.

...>_>

...It's the 1/4 hungarian that I REALLY like. It means that my mom and Grandma can whip up some super awesome meals!

Beldaran
07-28-2008, 05:23 PM
I am 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Puerto Rican, 1/4 Irish, and 1/4 French.

And 100% indifferent to ethnicity.

rock_nog
07-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I have got some weird heritage. I'm part British (English, Irish, and Scottish), Czech, Seminole, and we recently discovered (crap, either my great grandmother or my great great grandmother) was a quarter black.

Russ
07-28-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm 1/4 Lebanese, and 3/4 English.

The_Amaster
07-28-2008, 06:30 PM
1/4 Irish, 1/4 English, 1/4 German, 1/4 Polish.
I identify with the German part the most though.

erm2003
07-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Let's see... 1/2 German, 1/4 Italian, 1/4 Dutch, though if you ask my 100% Italian grandmother, I am really 1/2 German and 1/2 Italian, because my grandfather became Italian when he married her. :)

MasterSwordUltima
07-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Woah, I hadn't realized that barely anyone is russian.

I did, however, know that basically everyone is German.

Pineconn
07-28-2008, 10:01 PM
1/2 Italian, 1/2 mutt. I don't have any idea what the latter part is. :shrug:

MasterSwordUltima
07-28-2008, 10:02 PM
So wait, you're 1/2 Mutton Chop? :O

rock_nog
07-28-2008, 10:10 PM
Mmm... Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world. Except for a nice MLT, a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky, I love that.

You better watch yourself, Pineconn.

Sam Atoms
07-28-2008, 10:16 PM
I am one-half Hungarian and one-half Polish. For some reason, though, I identify more closely with the Russian culture than with either of the above.

Pineconn
07-28-2008, 10:27 PM
Mmm... Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world. Except for a nice MLT, a mutton, lettuce and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky, I love that.

You better watch yourself, Pineconn.

AGN, supporting cannibalism since 1999.

The_Amaster
07-28-2008, 10:29 PM
:rolleyes: Whatever you say Max.

Yeah, I definitely feel the German part of my heritage over any other, partially because I actually have relatives who still live in Germany, although Irish is up there musically.

Russ
07-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I'd probably identidy more with my english heritage, because Lebanon is becoming a Muslum country, and I really don't want to have anything to do with it. ;)

MasterSwordUltima
07-28-2008, 11:57 PM
Yes!! My Pineconn dollars just went up in value! woo!

Russ
07-29-2008, 12:13 AM
You know, with Pineconn dollars climbing in value so much, they're bound to plumet soon.

ZTC
07-29-2008, 01:39 AM
Neko coins keep a steady value as they are made of Arc, so it's like gold, but bland.

I've been reading over some threads from a long time ago (4-5 years back), and I saw the abomination that could constitute my first post.
Protip: never post when you're angry when you don't know anything about posting on a message board.
lol my days of being a newbie were pretty bad; but then again, we all had to start somewhere. Also, whatever happened to Zorch?

Russ
07-29-2008, 01:53 AM
Ah, the wonder of first posts. Here's mine (was asking for help with ZC)

I'm new to the whole quest editor thing ands had a few questions:

How do you change the graphics from 8 bit to the bs and 2.10 graphics
How do you make custom enimies and bosses
How do you make custom weapons
How do you make Link look like something else (e.g. make you control zelda)
Why is it when I use the template button it only makes the floor and doors, but not the walls

Brasel
07-31-2008, 02:29 AM
Oh, I missed this game.

I'm Czech, Irish, German, and English. I don't know the exact ratio, but my mom's dad is 100% Czech and my Grandma is 50% Irish, the rest on my dad's side is all English and German as far as I know.

On another topic altogether, I successfully downgraded my laptop from Vista to XP. HP doesn't support XP drivers for my laptop, and it was actually really easy. The hardest part was waiting for the 25ish MB downloads to finish. Out here, it took several hours to finish. I don't know why I didn't do this sooner, it was such a retardedly easy task.

rock_nog
07-31-2008, 06:40 PM
New glasses - I has 'em. Thank God, I thought I was going to die from eye strain - not to mention, not being able to see a damn thing just plain sucks.

Prrkitty
07-31-2008, 06:43 PM
I hope the new glasses help ya. I have to use reading glasses now <blah> ... hate getting old and having my vision going bad.

The_Amaster
07-31-2008, 08:26 PM
Oh, yeah, know how that feels. I remember at Christmas when my glasses broke and I couldn't get to the repair shop for a week. It was impossible to read anything more than five feet away, and I had to play my shiny new Twilight Princess scooted up super close to the screen.

I have three pairs now, just to be safe. My old progressives, and these new ones that are just regular.

rock_nog
07-31-2008, 08:42 PM
Yup, it's oh so very good to be able to see again. Though I did pass up another opportunity to get Edward James Olmos glasses. My sister says that since I plan to be a teacher, I need to get huge glasses like Edward James Olmos had in "Stand and Deliver," because she's convinced they were the source of his teaching powers.

The_Amaster
07-31-2008, 09:01 PM
"Bitten by a pair of radioactive glasses, Edward J. Olmos awakens one day to realize that he suddenly has the power to impart knowledge into the minds of the young through an exotic process called 'teaching', and takes the identity of Jaime A. Escalante in order to fight evil and stupidity in the world".

Pineconn
07-31-2008, 09:04 PM
I once had glasses, but I really prefer contacts. They look better, they don't fog up in the winter, they don't break, and if you lose one, you'll always have more. I know you are supposed to take them out every night... but I don't. I leave them in for a month at a time until it is time to change pairs.

Modus Ponens
08-01-2008, 12:40 AM
"Bitten by a pair of radioactive glasses, Edward J. Olmos awakens one day to realize that he suddenly has the power to impart knowledge into the minds of the young through an exotic process called 'teaching', and takes the identity of Jaime A. Escalante in order to fight evil and stupidity in the world".

His name is Escalante, but he is better known by his ignorance-fighting moniker:

Quimo.

The Desperado
08-01-2008, 12:49 AM
I know you are supposed to take them out every night... but I don't. I leave them in for a month at a time until it is time to change pairs.

I do the same thing. I don't think it really matters. Its just like when your dentist tells you to floss twice a day, but no one ever does.

Prrkitty
08-01-2008, 01:50 PM
It seems this thread is slowing down... what can be done to help it's revival?

phattonez
08-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm sorry, Prr, I'll try to spend more time here from now on. ;)

Prrkitty
08-01-2008, 07:31 PM
No apology needed hon... real life will always take precedence. But it is slowing down... and we don't want that :) do we? ;)

Russ
08-01-2008, 08:10 PM
No! I'll sacrifice my life to keep this thread going! Okay, maybe not that much, but I don't want it to die!

Beldaran
08-01-2008, 08:23 PM
His name is Escalante, but he is better known by his ignorance-fighting moniker:

Quimo.

That's such a great movie.

ZTC
08-01-2008, 11:23 PM
It doesn't feel that much different from having to pay for my insurance now, except there's $100-ish money I'm able to use a month. And my asthma medications aren't covered for a year now either. And it doesn't kick in for about a month. I just hope that I don't have any serious health issues during that time.

phattonez
08-02-2008, 02:28 AM
No! I'll sacrifice my life to keep this thread going! Okay, maybe not that much, but I don't want it to die!
I'll make it easier for you then. Hopefully you won't have to give up your life.

And I have to say, Earthbound was the only RPG that I've ever really played all the way through (I just finished it a few days ago). A game that doesn't take itself too seriously and is thoroughly entertaining. I only wish that more came out in the US.

Breaker
08-02-2008, 03:10 AM
RIP Nanook 2007-2008

http://i36.tinypic.com/a9tukj.jpg

we woke up to find Nanook like this near our bed. he passed comfortably in his sleep and the vet says he wasn't in any pain.

we're going to auction off all his toys on eBay to raise enough money to buy another dog. if you're interested in owning a piece of Nanook's life then send me a PM.

Modus Ponens
08-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Oh, Breaker, I'm so sorry. What was wrong with him?

Beldaran
08-02-2008, 03:46 AM
RIP Nanook 2007-2008

So... are you serious? Or are you just showing us a funny picture of your dog?

Because that's kind of a funny picture. But if you took a picture of your dead dog, that's weird.

If Nanook did die, maybe it's because you own a Husky in a place where it's 900 degrees with 410% humidity? Also, honestly, condolences. Unless you're joking. I can't tell if I should be sincere or sarcastic.

Please clarify.

Pineconn
08-02-2008, 11:34 AM
...I can't tell either. It looks pretty genuine... but I would imagine you'd sound more upset... Same with me, sorry to hear that Nanook died, if he did. Else, nice picture.

:confuse2:

ZTC
08-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm a bit skeptical myself with the way the tounge is sticking out. I wonder if anyone has actually PM'ed him about the toys.

Nothin like putting away about a few thousand pounds of food and packaging during the morning at work. It's nice that half of the stuff is in the cooler. I forgot how much I liked doing that :o

Breaker
08-02-2008, 11:48 AM
that's actually him when you tell him to "play dead". he's so convincing that he deserves an oscar. he even sticks his tongue slightly out to top off the effect.

i know, horrible joke. ;)

http://i36.tinypic.com/x1hmw4.jpg

NANOOK IS FINE. and he loves florida, the sun, and especially the beaches.

Breaker
08-02-2008, 11:55 AM
also, he's gotten absolutely huge. here are before and after pictures of him as a puppy and 12 months old (his birthday is this month).

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ylpuag.jpg http://i38.tinypic.com/2czvq5g.jpg

erm2003
08-02-2008, 12:35 PM
OK good. I am glad he is ok because he is absolutely adorable.