PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

phattonez
05-13-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh those tests. I always had about 20 minutes of doing nothing since those essays take like no time at all. Once you get into it you can get done fast.

The_Amaster
05-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Oh yeah. The question is: can I "get into" the third one?

Russ
05-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Belderan, that is just creepy.

phattonez
05-13-2008, 09:41 PM
South Park's Devil is creepy? Since when?

Russ
05-13-2008, 09:45 PM
All of South Park is creepy. End of story.

Aegix Drakan
05-13-2008, 10:06 PM
I'll be great through the first, alright through the second, but by the time I reach the third, I know it'll be like "Aww, man, my hand is cramping, I'm tired, I can't think straight, screw it, I'll just BS this one"

They need to take that into account when grading these things.

Oh but they do, my young Padawan...

You see, a person's base level of understanding is only seen when that person is BSing...

:P in other words, they scrap the first 2 essays, and look at the third one to see if your core skills have improved enough. Otherwise, they just end up measuring how well you can copy the techniques your teachers told you about, instead of measuring your own skills.

...but it's safer just to do as well as you can on the whole thing in case I'm wrong. XD

And BS isn't necessarily bad. I've gotten some very good marks from BSing simple essays and orals (improvising). However, once you hit the college scene...It's not quite that easy. But all the BS practice you did will help you write more readily.

Moral? If you want to BS, just put a bit of thought into it, and you should be ok.

(the above is merely the experience of the poster, and is not a guideline on how to do your exams. If you DO BS your work and you screw up, you have only yourself to blame for not thinking hard enough, or having the "gift of BS" )

DarkDragoonX
05-13-2008, 11:51 PM
Never underestimate the power of bullshit! I BSed my way through the entirety of Lit 131 and got a 4.0 in the end.

Booyah.

Beldaran
05-14-2008, 02:05 AM
I am a shadowy and skilled ninja of verbal BS. I can write a 10 page research paper on a subject of which I have minimal knowledge without opening a book. I know this, because I have done this.

Breaker
05-14-2008, 05:11 AM
I am a shadowy and skilled ninja of verbal BS.

not so shadowy.

Pineconn
05-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Okay, I got my new router to work. This is why I've been very inactive on AGN lately. I intend to maintain this level of inactivity for a few more days. :evil:

Russ
05-15-2008, 09:10 PM
Okay, I got my new router to work. This is why I've been very inactive on AGN lately. I intend to maintain this level of inactivity for a few more days. :evil:
Well, good job with that. Now, get back online!

Oh, and I just got a huge trophy on Wednesday. I'll post a pic later.

The_Amaster
05-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Ooh, cool, what for?

Aegix Drakan
05-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Well guys, I'm gone all weekend to Toronto to visit some follks of mine there.

:P Bringing my Wii. My Aunt loves Wii sports. See you all when I get back.

Oh, and my boss was really awesome about it. He's giving me the afternoon off, jsut so I can make sure I got all my preparations done. :P

Russ
05-16-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow, you sure have a nice boss. See you next week.

Ooh, cool, what for?
Bible memory. I've been working for this award since I was 4 years old.
http://www.freewebs.com/russad/Picture%200003.jpg

Now four more years of work and I get an award that gets me a free scholorship to some Christian collages.

phattonez
05-16-2008, 03:50 PM
How much of it have you actually memorized?

rock_nog
05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
And how much of that memory is devoted to Proverbs? Because I swear, it's got to be my favorite book of the Bible. Well, that and Revelations, obviously. I wish I had Proverbs memorized, because damn, the quotes in Proverbs are priceless.

EDIT: And no butting in about how I'm an atheist and all that... I don't believe in the Greek Gods, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying Greek mythology.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Bible memory. I've been working for this award since I was 4 years old.
http://www.freewebs.com/russad/Picture%200003.jpg

Now four more years of work and I get an award that gets me a free scholorship to some Christian collages.

What a stupid waste of time.

Icey
05-16-2008, 04:14 PM

Can't say we didn't see this reply coming :rolleyes:

rock_nog
05-16-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm just surprised it took so long - just earlier today he was complaining about the forced 60-second delay between posts.

Russ
05-16-2008, 04:55 PM
Wow, I was not prepared for that response. Oh wait, what am I saying. Of course I was! Belderan, you know what, using that logic, I could say that you studing your scientific theories about the evolution of life is a waste of time. But I don't. Please refrain from insulting my religion. *Waits for swarm of insults to come from Belderan*

And how much of that memory is devoted to Proverbs? Because I swear, it's got to be my favorite book of the Bible. Well, that and Revelations, obviously. I wish I had Proverbs memorized, because damn, the quotes in Proverbs are priceless.

EDIT: And no butting in about how I'm an atheist and all that... I don't believe in the Greek Gods, but it doesn't stop me from enjoying Greek mythology.
Actually, the whole study this year was on poverbs. I love those saying. Although it's also fun reading revelation and trying to make since of it all. The whole book appearently was written in code. For instance, the word "horn", when reffering to the amunt of horns the beasts have, actually means the amount of nations they control.

And, I too love Greek mythology. I don't believe it, but it makes such a wonderful story.

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I could say that you studing your scientific theories about the evolution of life is a waste of time.

But you use medicine and technology created by scientists who waste their time studying theories of biology, so to say such a thing would make you a hypocritical dumb ass.

phattonez
05-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Bel, do you get a sense of accomplishment from these petty arguments or what?

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Bel, do you get a sense of accomplishment from these petty arguments or what?

Maybe being exposed to something other than retarded bullshit (i.e. church) will remind him at some point in his life that he ought to try thinking and studying instead of waiting for magic friends to send him secret instructions.

Russ
05-16-2008, 08:12 PM
But you use medicine and technology created by scientists who waste their time studying theories of biology, so to say such a thing would make you a hypocritical dumb ass.
Did I say anything about not studying medicine and technology? I just refered to the theory of Evolution. You are twisting my words to say something I never said you evolutionary jerk.

Maybe being exposed to something other than retarded bullshit (i.e. church) will remind him at some point in his life that he ought to try thinking and studying instead of waiting for magic friends to send him secret instructions.
Just so you know, I happen to be top in my science class. In no way am I against studying. Beldaran, you have got to be the most intolorate pathetic excuse for a human I have ever heard of!

Icey
05-16-2008, 08:26 PM
For some reason, the phrase "you evolutionary jerk" just had me bust up with laughter.

Okay, so last time the religion-evolution debate started up in this thread, I derailed it. Seriously, there are a million other places you guys can hold this debate... leave "So..." out of it.

That said, the weather today is unbearable. It's been in the 90's since 8 am and it's about 95 right now. Felt like it was in the 100's earlier, although I'm not sure. Oh well, the plus side is, it's the weekend, and I live in southern California, so I'm just going to be at the beach all day Saturday and Sunday =)

Edit: rock_nog posted mere seconds after me. His transgression is therefore forgiven, but everyone else better heed my words ><

rock_nog
05-16-2008, 08:26 PM
Woo hoo, just what we need in the world - more unscientific, irrational thinking. Let's stop examining evidence and data, let's stop questioning the world around us, and just go on gut feelings. Sounds like a great move to me!

Beldaran
05-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Did I say anything about not studying medicine and technology? I just refered to the theory of Evolution.

It is impossible to be well educated in medicine and biology, claim that evolution is false, and then claim your brain is healthy.

Just so you know, I happen to be top in my science class. In no way am I against studying. Beldaran, you have got to be the most intolorate pathetic excuse for a human I have ever heard of!

Wow, you managed to memorize some facts and formulas! You must really be a genius! Too bad you know less than nothing about the scientific method, otherwise you'd realize your entire belief system is intellectually laughable.

you have got to be the most intolorate pathetic excuse for a human I have ever heard of!

I'm not intolerant. I'm not arguing you should be hauled off to a concentration camp. I'm just laughing at you for being delusional and uneducated. I'm not willing to pretend your primitive ideas are legitimate just so a 13 year old will think I'm tolerant.

Prrkitty
05-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Tillamook, Oregon hit 101 today... Hillsboro, Oregon 93... Portland, Oregon 96... those high temps are just too freakin hot... <blah>

ShadowTiger
05-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Wow, you managed to memorize some facts and formulas! You must really be a genius! Too bad you know less than nothing about the scientific method, otherwise you'd realize your entire belief system is intellectually laughable.
I'm not intolerant. I'm not arguing you should be hauled off to a concentration camp. I'm just laughing at you for being delusional and uneducated. I'm not willing to pretend your primitive ideas are legitimate just so a 13 year old will think I'm tolerant.I'm generally of the same type of beliefs to say things like this, though my personality prevents it. But it's more than that stopping me from proclaiming it: If I were to think it, I'd need to expand on it to near infinite complexity until I'm satisfied that there is no way for people to ask "How?"

phattonez
05-17-2008, 12:35 AM
Icey, I thought it was quite bearable today, if the only problem was the sweat when you got to class. I had to say, having some heat feels nice during a cold. And again I say, WHO THE HELL GETS A COLD DURING SPRING?!

Icey
05-17-2008, 12:37 AM
I thought it was nice in the morning, but that was before I made some trips to Murphy Hall, Bunche, Dodd, MS, and Boelter. I'm sure it felt good for you, if you had a cold, but doing all that walking and sweating wasn't very pleasant for me -_-

ZTC
05-17-2008, 12:40 AM
it was so nice being able to wear shorts this afternoon! Hope it isn't too hot at work tomorrow.

Russ
05-17-2008, 02:19 AM
Okay, so last time the religion-evolution debate started up in this thread, I derailed it. Seriously, there are a million other places you guys can hold this debate... leave "S.o..." out of it.

I try to, but Beldaran keeps bringing it back up.

It is impossible to be well educated in medicine and biology, claim that evolution is false, and then claim your brain is healthy.

Is that so? I think exactly the opposite. It is impossible to examine the complexity of life, and believe it is all there as a result of random chance and genetic mutations.

Last time I checked, the scientific method can't prove evolution.

I'm not intolerant. I'm not arguing you should be hauled off to a concentration camp. I'm just laughing at you for being delusional and uneducated. I'm not willing to pretend your primitive ideas are legitimate just so a 13 year old will think I'm tolerant.

And is that the kind of guy you want to be? The kind that has nothing better to do than make fun of children's beliefs.

Tillamook, Oregon hit 101 today... Hillsboro, Oregon 93... Portland, Oregon 96... those high temps are just too freakin hot... <blah>
It got to 85 here outside of Seattle. So, hot.

Beldaran
05-17-2008, 02:33 AM
The scientific method also can't prove the theory of gravity, so I demand you be consistent and reject gravity.

You don't even know what a theory is so your opinion is less than irrelevant. You need to learn more before you say anything.

Jemsee
05-17-2008, 06:25 AM
Wow. Iv been gone for like forever, and it seems like there was a thread like this then. Place never changes.

Whats interesting is it starts out with moo being board.
So if your board then I guess you talk religion.

“Faith is the assured expectation (substance) of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld.

So do you have faith...
in science?
in god?
in yourself?
or perhaps you put your faith in $$

The Romans had faith, as did the Greeks and Persians and Egyptians. And where are their mighty empires now? Dust!

As will this empire of today! Nothing lasts, nothing.

"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." God was here first and will be here long after.
Believe what you will, but that right there is just a fact.

Jem~

rock_nog
05-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Faith... Bah, faith. Sure, it has served a purpose throughout the course of human history - giving people the determination needed to overcome incredible odds. However, in our modern society, faith is a bit of a stumbling block. It causes people to reject hard evidence in favor of what they believe to be true. It distorts their perceptions of reality. If you have faith in something, and something comes along that contradicts that faith, it is reality that will be questioned, not the faith.

Russ
05-17-2008, 12:32 PM
The scientific method also can't prove the theory of gravity, so I demand you be consistent and reject gravity.

You don't even know what a theory is so your opinion is less than irrelevant. You need to learn more before you say anything.
First, the theory of gravity might be wrong. Einstien showed that it might not be a force at all.

Second, care to explain how my theory is more irrevlevent? I happen to enjoy using science to provide evidence for my religion.

rock_nog
05-17-2008, 12:41 PM
*cough* *sputter* Oh dear God... Last week, I picked up a basketball because I miss playing and I haven't played in a year. Over the past several days, I've been going down to the park and shooting hoops. Today, though, there were some other guys down there, and we ended up playing two-on-two for like an hour. Man, it's been so long... I was a bit out of practice, a bit out of shape, but man, it was fun. Granted, now I just want to collapse and die, but it was totally worth it.

phattonez
05-17-2008, 12:43 PM
That's exactly how I felt after going to the batting cages last week. Anybody that says that baseball doesn't take athleticism has never batted.

Russ
05-17-2008, 01:11 PM
That's exactly how I felt after going to the batting cages last week. Anybody that says that baseball doesn't take athleticism has never batted.
I've batted, and I still say Baseball is more of a skill then athletic game.

phattonez
05-17-2008, 01:54 PM
Really? Try going to the batting cages and tell me that you're not exhausted when you're done. And yes, you need more skill than athleticism. If you're athletic only, you won't go anywhere in the game.

Russ
05-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Really? Try going to the batting cages and tell me that you're not exhausted when you're done. And yes, you need more skill than athleticism. If you're athletic only, you won't go anywhere in the game.
And that's why my brother stinks at it.

phattonez
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
Baseball's the kind of game where if you're not practicing all the time you'll never do well. If you spend your time running around the field, nothing will improve, except for maybe your range and baserunning, but that doesn't help you with the hitting or catching.

ZTC
05-17-2008, 02:54 PM
dang, it was busy and now it's dead at work. Nothin like free food and squishies :D

Breaker
05-18-2008, 05:51 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2euig3t.jpg

"say hello to my little friend!"

The_Amaster
05-18-2008, 08:30 AM
*tired*
So I just got back from an Anime Convention down in Chicago. Not really my thing, but they have a lot of gaming stuff as well, and my two best friends and I go every year, so its a chance for the three of us to just hang for 48 hours. My one friend though, didn't preregister, so he had to wait in line for ten hours to get in, because their computers were crashing.

I did get a really cool wooden Master Sword though.:D
I can't afford a real metal one, and I'm not 18 anyway, but next year...
I'll post pics if anyones interested.

Dechipher
05-18-2008, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't mind an ocarina.
I think if I lost this gut I'd make a good Link.

Russ
05-18-2008, 01:33 PM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2euig3t.jpg

"say hello to my little friend!"
Wow, that dog is so cute!

*tired*
I did get a really cool wooden Master Sword though.:D
I can't afford a real metal one, and I'm not 18 anyway, but next year...
I'll post pics if anyones interested.
My friend got a real, metal replica of the Master Sword (as well as the Hylian Shield) for his thirteenth birthday. Those things are neat.

phattonez
05-18-2008, 01:57 PM
I wouldn't mind an ocarina.
I think if I lost this gut I'd make a good Link.

I remember for years Nintendo Power would have an ad for buying a real ocarina. I always wondered what it would be like to play in real life, I assume it's just like a flute though.

Russ
05-18-2008, 02:13 PM
I remember for years Nintendo Power would have an ad for buying a real ocarina. I always wondered what it would be like to play in real life, I assume it's just like a flute though.
My friend has a smaller ocarina. It was modeled after one that Shiek was originally going to have, but Nintendo decided to do away with before releasing the game. Ya, I've always wondered what it would sound like to play those. You can buy them online at one site, along with a book that shows how to play songs from OoT.

phattonez
05-18-2008, 03:45 PM
So how about dem unlucky days? I have my laundry time at 12, so I start sorting my clothes and I get that done, but then I reach for the detergent and notice that it's really light. So that's great, my roommates are using my detergent and not telling me about it. I have enough for one load, but I'm pissed off that I'm eventually gonna have to go down the hill to get some soap. So I put the clothes in and the detergent and I start putting in my quarters. Once I put in a dollar, it says that I owe a dollar, so I try it again, and I get the same result. Then I do it again and again it says I owe a dollar. So screw this, I write a note on the machine and decide to go to the other building. But to do that, I have to put money on my Bruin Card (and take all of my clothes to the other building). First I go down the hill to get some detergent and it's like $6 for a container that will do only 16 loads. Great deal there. Then I go back upstairs to get my stuff together and do my laundry in the other building. So I go to the lobby to put money in the card and wouldn't you know? The machine needs bills bigger than $1. Great, that's exactly what I brought, 2 $1 bills. And then I realize that I forgot my soap anyway. So upstairs I go, I get the soap and then realize that I don't have any $5 bills. Then I have to wait for my roommate so I can get some change from him and then finally I go to the next building and everything works fine in there thankfully (although I did get a call while putting in my laundry).

So, how's everyone else's day been?

The_Amaster
05-18-2008, 04:00 PM
Boring.
Got OoT on Virtual Console, been playing for a while. 's about it.

rock_nog
05-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Hooray! We have the final sign that summer is on its way. No, it's not the green grass or trees, it's not the sudden increase in BBQing, and it's not even the warmer temperatures and fact that the sun doesn't go down at 4:00 anymore. Nope, it's the fact that I was down at Target, and they've already got the fireworks display up!

Nothing like the sight of fireworks to make me feel like a kid again. Sure, here in Minnesota, anything that flies or explodes is banned, but still, it's crazy how they can just sell fireworks right in the grocery store. And I gotta say, it's amazing what those fireworks can do, given the limitations. Last year, there was one fountain in particular that I had purchased, that I swear, once you lit it, it was like World War 3 - strobes, whizzers, explosions... Oh, it was crazy.

Russ
05-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Boring.
Got OoT on Virtual Console, been playing for a while. 's about it.
OoT is one of the best Zelda games in existance.

Hooray! We have the final sign that summer is on its way.
We do here too. It's sunny and above 70 degrees. It's ben raining for the past few months.

phattonez
05-18-2008, 04:19 PM
rock_nog, I thought the sign was when Target got back to school stuff in their stores. After all, they're always months ahead of the game.

ZTC
05-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Ninja Warrior marathon! I can't wait for the new episodes tonight. Was going to eat some salsa con queso, but when I opened the container, it was completely liquified. Bleh.

rock_nog
05-18-2008, 04:22 PM
Phattonez, well, there is that, but we're talkin' fireworks here! There may be other signs, but this one is the most important (to me).

Russ
05-18-2008, 04:28 PM
rock_nog, I thought the sign was when Target got back to school stuff in their stores. After all, they're always months ahead of the game.
Ya, they normally get that late July here, and school doesn't start here until September. :)

phattonez
05-18-2008, 04:36 PM
Phattonez, well, there is that, but we're talkin' fireworks here! There may be other signs, but this one is the most important (to me).

So then wouldn't fireworks in Target actually represent the arrival of Spring? ;)

Either way, Target sucks. So many incompetent workers there.

The_Amaster
05-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Wisconsin sucks for fireworks, so much stuff is illegal. I didn't know what I was missing until last year when we went to my uncles cabin in Indiana and got to go shopping at the fireworks outlet. Man, they had some awesome stuff.

rock_nog
05-18-2008, 04:56 PM
That's hilarious, considering the number of people in Minnesota who go across the border to Wisconsin to buy fireworks that are banned here.

phattonez
05-18-2008, 05:00 PM
Sounds like California where a ton of people go to Mexico to get the "good stuff."

ZTC
05-18-2008, 05:01 PM
hehe, there's nothing like someone from work bringing in some illegal fireworks and setting them off in the parking lot. If I have some of those videos from a few years, I'll have to upload and post em.

The_Amaster
05-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Well, they've banned so much stuff that this year the city council has decided that all we can do for the 4th is set off a huge Snake down by the lakefront.

(;) )

ZTC
05-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Chicago sucks. Wish I was able to go to ACEN, though... Isn't WizardCon sometime next month? I hope to go up with a few of my buddies. Heck, if you're goin, maybe we can meet up :shrug:

Sam Atoms
05-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Can't say we didn't see this reply coming :rolleyes:

Careful. Any day now he is going to turn into Glenn and proclaim his supreme, ultimate authority over everything and everyone. A few of the warning signs are already there. I'd stand back if I were you.

erm2003
05-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Well, they've banned so much stuff that this year the city council has decided that all we can do for the 4th is set off a huge Snake down by the lakefront.

(;) )

Very nice South Park reference (for those of you who didn't catch it).

New York has a ban on fireworks too, but we still see them every year. Nothing is really done about it unless someone gets hurt in the process.

Russ
05-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Careful. Any day now he is going to turn into Glenn and proclaim his supreme, ultimate authority over everything and everyone. A few of the warning signs are already there. I'd stand back if I were you.
No, he won't do that. He would have to think he is God. Then, he would say God doesn't exist, and would disappear from the face of the planet.:D

Anyways, fireworks aren't against the law in Washington. They are so awesome! Sorry to all you guys who don't get to use them.

The_Amaster
05-18-2008, 06:24 PM
WizardCon?
Can't say I've heard of it? What's it got?
Unfortunatly all of my money was spent registering and buying at ACen, but if if this WizardCon looks good, maybe I'll go next year.

ZTC
05-18-2008, 06:43 PM
Wizardcon if I remember right is the big comic book convention with a good section for anime and manga. Either way it's win-win

Pineconn
05-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Ohio, too, with fireworks. We can buy them in Ohio, but we're not allowed to set them off in Ohio. They even require us to tell them where we're taking them, so we always reply "Denver" or "Anchorage". :tongue:

Russ
05-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Ohio, too, with fireworks. We can buy them in Ohio, but we're not allowed to set them off in Ohio. They even require us to tell them where we're taking them, so we always reply "Denver" or "Anchorage". :tongue:
I seriously hope you're joking, and they aren't really that dumb.

Pineconn
05-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Not joking at all. Remember that I live in Ohio, which is filled with Democratic leaders, and the integrity of the Ohio government is deteriorating, therefore all Democrats are bad.

(Why yes, I hold onto my miserable, fallacious syllogisms with great pride! :)) [/complete silliness]

But yes, we are required to state the location where we are setting off the fireworks. Everyone lies, nobody cares; it's all good.

Icey
05-18-2008, 08:38 PM
Beldarizzle is my homie, he wouldn't do anything to me.

I hate studying when it's this hot. It's a totally worthless endeavor because the entire time I'm supposed to be learning formulas, practicing problems, and understanding proofs I'm thinking about how it's too damn hot ><

phattonez
05-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I thought the reason that I couldn't study was just because I was lazy, not that it was too hot.

The_Amaster
05-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Sleep with your textbooks under your pillow. Standard fallback.

Pineconn
05-18-2008, 09:07 PM

You do that, and as I'm laughing at you, you'll be confused to why you failed the test. ;)

Oh crap, I have tests tomorrow, actually. Thanks for reminding me.

rock_nog
05-18-2008, 10:16 PM
Wow, that was random. All this talk about fireworks, and there was an unexpected fireworks display over downtown just now. It was pretty far away, but I could still watch it from my window.

Russ
05-18-2008, 10:56 PM
That is a faulty understanding of Osmosis.

Wow, that was random. All this talk about fireworks, and there was an unexpected fireworks display over downtown just now. It was pretty far away, but I could still watch it from my window.
Wow, what a coincedence.

MasterSwordUltima
05-19-2008, 12:21 AM
Alright, MSU posted, lets talk about that!

Russ
05-19-2008, 12:38 AM
Alright, MSU posted, lets talk about that!
About time you posted here. What's been keeping you?

MasterSwordUltima
05-19-2008, 01:20 AM
Bank robbing takes atleast 1.5 weeks of planning.

ZTC
05-19-2008, 01:31 AM
A guy in the area knocked over a bank in the area last week and then tried to kill himself a few days later. He's now at the hospital getting medical care. Hope he gets some help.

Pineconn
05-19-2008, 03:17 PM

For some reason, I have a feeling you aren't just kidding...

Russ
05-19-2008, 03:26 PM
So, how many MSU dollars did you get? Or did they only carry Pineconn dollars? :D

The_Amaster
05-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe for you it takes that long, but Danny Ocean can rob the three largest casinos in Vegas with like three days planning.

Russ
05-19-2008, 06:17 PM
Maybe for you it takes that long, but Danny Ocean can rob the three largest casinos in Vegas with like three days planning.
But casinos and banks are completly different.

The_Amaster
05-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Eh, both have huge vaults filled with security measures. Close enough for me.

Russ
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I finally changed my avatar! It's still LttP Link, but at least he's not just randomly slashing anymore.

The_Amaster
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow...
Russ...changed his avatar...?
Can...can he do that?

Aegix Drakan
05-19-2008, 07:05 PM
Oh my gosh, BACK!

It rained almost the whole weekend in Toronto. We went around shopping for most of the time, and after unearthing a few of my unfinished DS games, I surprisingly found that mario hoops 3-3 is much more fun if you don't use the stylus controls at all.

Oh, and I got my aunt and Grandma to play DDR. XD Much hilarity ensued.

Russ
05-19-2008, 07:06 PM
Wow...
Russ...changed his avatar...?
Can...can he do that?
Technically, it's the same guy, just doing somethign different. So yes, I can do that. :)

The_Amaster
05-19-2008, 07:55 PM
It rained almost the whole weekend in Toronto. We went around shopping for most of the time, and after unearthing a few of my unfinished DS games, I surprisingly found that mario hoops 3-3 is much more fun if you don't use the stylus controls at all.
Sounds fun. Weather had to be a downer though.

Brasel
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Congratulations, you have all been PENISED!

Russ
05-19-2008, 10:36 PM
Congratulations, you have all been PENISED!
And this is supposed to mean, what?

ZTC
05-20-2008, 12:34 AM
*inserts a pic of 'lolwut'*
oh wait... I can't do that :cry:
I hate stupid customers, and I hate bad days :/

Russ
05-20-2008, 12:44 AM
Oh my goodness! Bask Robin's Large Heath Bar Shake has 2,310 calories! Who on Earth can afford that much in a stupid drink!?

ZTC
05-20-2008, 01:19 AM
lol
When people order combos and they want to change what comes in it to something pricey, most people are like this, "wtf is this so expensive, this is a ripoff!" Someone came through and did exactly that. She ordered two 3-taco meals and wanted the beef swiched out with chicken. When se got to the window, she asked why it was so expensive, I explained to her that it costs 99-cents to substitute chicken on to any item. Then she really whined about it. Nonetheless, she payed for the food anyways. Not my fault that chicken takes more time to prepare than beef. /rant
Also had to come in earlier because a busload of kids were coming in, and there was only 2 other people for the opening shift. Bleh.

rock_nog
05-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Alright, it's only a week left until I move into my new apartment. Hooray! And for the first time in my life, no roommates. Eh, these two haven't been bad, but I still shudder thinking about my roommates last year - total slobs, and one of 'em owned two birds that crapped all over everything, and one of them bit people, and the other one was just incredibly loud and obnoxious. God, I hate those birds.

phattonez
05-20-2008, 04:34 PM
So no more hippies and hate the word college people in your room?

rock_nog
05-20-2008, 04:49 PM
Never really lived with any hate-the-world college types, and the only hippie I lived with was the slob from last year (not the one with the birds, though). God... He has a fear of deodorant because he's convinced it causes Alzeimer's. All I can say is thank God we had an apartment and separate rooms.

erm2003
05-20-2008, 05:09 PM
So today is 4 years since I first registered here. I just missed matching that up with post 2,000 but it's pretty close. What a ride!

ZTC
05-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Heh, too bad I don't remember exactly when I hit my unofficial 7 years, but hell, I've had fun. ^_^
Aside from another day at work that sucked, I just finished watching Romeo Must Die for the first time.(pretty good, imo) I need to get some new manga to read...

Aegix Drakan
05-20-2008, 10:35 PM
He has a fear of deodorant because he's convinced it causes Alzeimer's.

Deodorant if perfectly fine. It's the Antipersperants that can harm your memory (They have some kind of aluminum in them to clog the pores, or something).

And Erm, Congrats on the 4 years!

Russ
05-21-2008, 12:39 AM
Okay, so my homescool coop put on the play "OZ!". It was based of the Wizrd of Oz. It was pretty good, except for one part. The witch looked towards the audience and asked if any of the little kids knew what to do with Dorathi. Everybody know she wantded them to answer to send the winged monkeys out. My little brother screamed out "Skin her alive!". She just said "You're the reason children are to be seen and not heard!" It was hilarious.

ZTC
05-21-2008, 02:05 AM
lol
I realized that amazon is mobile-friendly, so now I can get some cheap manga again. :) Not looking forward to the 10hr day that's fastly approaching; hope it doesn't turn out to be a bad week. *sigh*

The_Amaster
05-21-2008, 05:52 PM
Russ, you're homeschooled?
Anyway, sounds like a fun play. Wizard of Oz is always good to do, especially for kids.

Beldaran
05-21-2008, 06:00 PM
He thinks there's no "proof" that the scientific method works. Clearly, he's homeschooled.

Russ
05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Russ, you're homeschooled?
Anyway, sounds like a fun play. Wizard of Oz is always good to do, especially for kids.
Yes, I'm homeschooled. But I go to coops two days a week (well, the Tuesday one ended yesterday, so now one day a week for the rest of the year).

And yes, the play was fun to watch. Especially when they messed up. At the end, the wizard forgot to bring his bag of stuff in. "Tinman, I have a lovely heart for you, which is right offstage".

He thinks there's no "proof" that the scientific method works. Clearly, he's homeschooled.
You really should stop twisting people's words like that. I do think the Scientific Method works. But it cannot prove what cannot be observed.

Skulkraken
05-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Meh, to me, it seems rare to see anyone with an actual education, homeschooled or not.

...When I was in high school, most of my classmates barely knew how to add or subtract properly. They ended up having to beg and plead the teacher to pass them.

Russ
05-21-2008, 06:19 PM
...When I was in high school, most of my classmates barely knew how to add or subtract properly. They ended up having to beg and plead the teacher to pass them.
Wow. I didn't think that kind of stuff happened very often.

rock_nog
05-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Well, you have a ridiculously limiting definition of "what cannot be observed," if nothing else. Apparently if you didn't see it with your own eyes, it didn't happen.

The_Amaster
05-21-2008, 06:27 PM
Eh, I don't think public high is that bad. But than again, I take almost all honors level classes, so take that with a grain of salt...

Although there are still a lot of stupid and/or unmotivated people in honors and even AP classes. It makes me wish they'd increase standards for entry, so these people wouldn't slow me and the other attentive kids down.

Russ
05-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Well, you have a ridiculously limiting definition of "what cannot be observed," if nothing else. Apparently if you didn't see it with your own eyes, it didn't happen.
Coming from "I won't believe in God unless I see him myself." :)

Skulkraken
05-21-2008, 06:33 PM
Change of subject: has anyone seen that port of Disgaea that's heading to the DS?

DarkDragoonX
05-21-2008, 07:27 PM
Not too much is known about it thus far, and I haven't seen any screenshots yet. I don't really care about it much, though. I played it once already on the PS2, I don't need to play it again.

Apparently it will have some sort of multiplayer mode, if that floats your boat. Disgaea never interested me much, though. I love the characters, the setting, and the great dialogue, but the gameplay is boring as hell.

Beldaran
05-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Coming from "I won't believe in God unless I see him myself." :)

We do this thing called "reading books". You should try it.

Oh, but the caveat is the books have to be written by scientists, not by crazy nut balls from 2000 years ago.

The_Amaster
05-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh, but the caveat is the books have to be written by scientists, not by crazy nut balls from 2000 years ago.
But what defines a scientist?

Okay, I know, lets not get into this debate here. We get enough in GB and TT.
*sigh* Yes a scientist is anyone who has formed a valid theory from a hypothesis based on testable, obeservable evidence...

Aegix Drakan
05-21-2008, 09:37 PM
At the end, the wizard forgot to bring his bag of stuff in. "Tinman, I have a lovely heart for you, which is right offstage".

:rofl: Ok, that's just GOLD.

Pathetic. And I though MY high school peers were retarded! At least most of the guys on my end had high grades (despite a lot of them being jerks)

And dammit. I hurt my big toe right before supper, and it's STILL twinging a bit. >_< I hate that.

rock_nog
05-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Gah, that brings back painful memories - a couple of years back, I had this phase where once a week for several weeks, I'd stub my big toe on a chair. Honestly, I think it was the same damn chair each time, too. Ugh, I swear, by the time it was over, I had to walk funny for like a month because my toe was so banged up.

The_Amaster
05-21-2008, 10:03 PM
With me it was a finger. You know how you can jam a finger against something so that it compresses and angles and is stiff for a while?
I must have jammed the damn thing like once a week for a couple months.

Pineconn
05-21-2008, 10:12 PM
Bah, why can't you guys be funnier so that I can give you rep? I practically want to green rep every one of Beldaran's posts, but I can't....

Attention world: Pineconn has Mario Kart Wii! Time to analyze me some tracks. :evil:

Aegix Drakan
05-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Gah, that brings back painful memories - a couple of years back, I had this phase where once a week for several weeks, I'd stub my big toe on a chair. Honestly, I think it was the same damn chair each time, too. Ugh, I swear, by the time it was over, I had to walk funny for like a month because my toe was so banged up.

>_< oooh...*pinky toe pulses* I had a thing like that. I was late getting to a friend's house for a overnight gaming blitz last summer, and on the way running out of the kitchen I SMAAAASHED my pinky toe on the side of a door (and there looked like there was a bit of metal on the frame too). well, not only di dui leave a pretty huge dent in the metal thingy, I really hurt my pinky toe. I'm not sure, I but I think it was bleeding too (though I only remember checking the damage hours later, when the constant pain was getting to me.). My sympathies to any other who have harmed their toes by running into things!

Pineconn
05-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Aaahhh!! I hate smashing my pinky toe into something, considering how delicately attached my pinky toenail is. One day I swear that thing is just going to fly off.... I run quite often in my house, and we have this trim that overhangs from the hallway into the living room. I hit the edge of the trim about 3 times a year.

Russ
05-21-2008, 11:31 PM
Attention world: Pineconn has Mario Kart Wii! Time to analyze me some tracks. :evil:
Okay, let's see how long it takes you to unlock the option to race with your mii. Without you looking up how to.

The_Amaster
05-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Woooot!

2100 on my SAT!

Not as good as my ACT though...

Got to go to school now.

rock_nog
05-22-2008, 08:49 AM
How the hell did you get a 2100 on the SAT!? I know it's been a few years, but last time I checked, you can only get a 1600.

phattonez
05-22-2008, 10:40 AM
2400 is the highest now. They added an asinine essay a few years ago.

The_Amaster
05-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah, the prompt was pretty stupid. It was...

come to think of it, I can't remember. I remember the one from the ACT though...
Well, it was stupid.

Pineconn
05-22-2008, 10:46 PM
Okay, let's see how long it takes you to unlock the option to race with your mii. Without you looking up how to.

Was it supposed to be hard? I got the Mii today. Remember that I bought this game three days ago (I didn't play it much Monday night when I picked it up). I also brought my racing points (whatever they're called) to 6020.

I was able to get my 50cc rankings to one star or better, but I'm having a more difficult time with 100cc. I want to murder whoever 1) came up with the blue shell, and 2) decided to make Mario Kart Wii more of an item-picking up game rather than a racing game.

Russ
05-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Was it supposed to be hard? I got the Mii today. Remember that I bought this game three days ago (I didn't play it much Monday night when I picked it up). I also brought my racing points (whatever they're called) to 6020.

I was able to get my 50cc rankings to one star or better, but I'm having a more difficult time with 100cc. I want to murder whoever 1) came up with the blue shell, and 2) decided to make Mario Kart Wii more of an item-picking up game rather than a racing game.
Well, unlocking the miis wasn't supposed to be hard. It's just not knowing how to that can make it take a while. Now let's see how long it takes you to unlock outfit B, which will take a while.

And yes, I am mad with blue shells. At a thread at Pure ZC, 50% of the people called it the worst video game menace of all time. :)

rock_nog
05-23-2008, 10:57 AM
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/fucking_blue_shells.png

Dechipher
05-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Why aren't women on that list?

rock_nog
05-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Women are a given; if women were on the list, there wouldn't be room for anything else, would there?

mrz84
05-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Been years since I played a Mario Kart game...Brings back found memories of raping racers with the triple red shell in the 64 version. :kitty:

rock_nog
05-23-2008, 11:38 AM
I must say - Mario Kart 64 was definitely the best VC purchase I made. Party + Mario Kart = one hell of a good time.

mrz84
05-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Ya, once I finally get around to buying a Wii, I'm so getting Mario Kart 64 as one of my first VC games. :kitty:

Russ
05-23-2008, 02:54 PM
Seems about right to me.

Women are a given; if women were on the list, there wouldn't be room for anything else, would there?
:laughing:

I must say - Mario Kart 64 was definitely the best VC purchase I made. Party + Mario Kart = one hell of a good time.
Mario Kart 64 was fun, but nothing beats Mario Party 2. That one was amazing.

Pineconn
05-23-2008, 03:09 PM
Because this is the "anything applies" thread, let me post this here.

I bought a Linksys WRT54G router a few weeks ago to hook the Wii up to the Internet. The router works great 99% of the time. However, about once or twice every week, I get a message from the Linksys program (EasyLink Advisor) that says my computer is hooked up to a different router (and my Internet connection fails). When this happens, it is always after I get from school (it never happens in the middle of the day or night when I'm playing). I have to reset the router and reinstall it to reestablish the router and Internet connection. Would anyone have any idea what is going wrong? Would it have anything to do with my computer turning off (actually, hibernating) automatically some nights?

Russ
05-23-2008, 04:21 PM
I've never heard of something like that before. Maybe you should send it in and see if the company will replace it with a better working one.

The_Amaster
05-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Eh, I'd split it halfway, between women, and men who women like better than you.

(and break up with you for, but I digress...)

Sorry Pineconn, no clues on your internet trouble.

phattonez
05-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Pineconn, if you're using a network manager that isn't the Windows one it could cause some problems.

DarkDragoonX
05-23-2008, 06:37 PM
Pineconn: I'm assuming you're connecting to the device wirelessly?

First, consider ditching EasyLink Advisor. I've never had anything but problems with it. I dislike using the built-in Windows XP wireless configuration utility as well (which likes to constantly search for new access points every minute or so, and can cause extreme lag while gaming), and recommend solely using Linksys' Wireless Network Monitor to handle your connection.

I've never heard of a card trying to access another router like that (it should just try to reconnect with the previously specified access point when coming out of hibernation mode), but it could be the EasyLink Advisor software being wonky. Try using the built-in Windows utility (I know I recommend Linksys Wireless Network Monitor, but for now just use the default Windows utility, to remove any possibility of Linksys software complications) and see how that goes. It will help narrow things down, at any rate.

Sam Atoms
05-23-2008, 06:56 PM
There, fixed it.

Re doesn't come right before So... it goes RE, MI, FA, and then SO... if you're not sure, check the scene in the Sound of Music where Julie Andrews and all the kids who play the Von Trapp family are prancing around Austria dressed in drapes.

I outgrew the musical film genre a long time ago, but even still, The Sound of Music is almost worth watching just to see Captain Von Trapp (Christopher Plummer) pacify the German telegram delivery boy turned Nazi officer, who has a gun trained on him the whole time.

moocow
05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
DO RE MI FA SO LA TI DOOOOOOOOO

Now I want to watch the sound of music :(

Pineconn
05-23-2008, 08:08 PM
Well, I tried your suggestions. If it feels like failing again in a few days, I'll let you know. It only takes about a minute to reestablish the connection, anyway. :shrug:

The_Amaster
05-23-2008, 08:34 PM
:cry: I just got Mario Kart Wii, but it's a present for my sister and because she wont get it until we're out of town, I have to wait till next weekend until I can play...

man, this sucks...

Russ
05-23-2008, 09:48 PM
:cry: I just got Mario Kart Wii, but it's a present for my sister and because she wont get it until we're out of town, I have to wait till next weekend until I can play...

man, this sucks...
Come on, it's not that bad. You can wait a little longer.

You know, we should try to organize an AGN Mario Kart tournament online.

Pineconn
05-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Nah, I still need more practice. While I'm a master at Double Dash!!, I pretty much suck when it comes to the MK Wii courses. I'll need a few weeks to (here we go) analyze them.

Russ
05-24-2008, 12:09 AM
Nah, I still need more practice. While I'm a master at Double Dash!!, I pretty much suck when it comes to the MK Wii courses. I'll need a few weeks to (here we go) analyze them.
Hey, if you can beat the developers best times on all 32 tracks on Time Trial, you unlock something...

Anyways, so I've been playing Brawl recently. At random times (mostly at the worst times, likethe Master Hand on Intense, or when a boss is one hit away), the Wii will say "The game disc could not be read". What should I do about this? Any chance of Nintendo replacing my bad copy?

The_Amaster
05-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Hmm, well, if your Wii is one of the older models than it can cause a problem.

Although I've never heard of the game loading than having problems in play. Usually it's just that it wont load at all....

Hmmm, *heads to Nintendo.com*
EDIT: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameSSBB.jsp

Skulkraken
05-24-2008, 05:47 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3/hgmpic03qc7.jpg
It's a pic I took for a contest I'm entering. I messed up a bit (I wasn't able to get all the stuff in one shot), but I still think it turned out pretty well. :)

Pineconn
05-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I think that Brawl has a few disc reading errors because it uses a dual layered disc or something like that. I would definitely contact Nintendo about that.

Skulkraken, you automatically win because of Melee, Pokémon, and root beer. What are the contest criteria?

Skulkraken
05-24-2008, 10:26 PM
The contest is basically to write a short thing about what your dream mod would be, and send in some sort of picture or drawing about it.

The winner, according to the rules, gets these:

1 xfps 3.0 sniper plus
1 xfps rateup
1 Saitek Eclipse Keyboard
1 Razer Diamondback Frost Blue

I'm in it mainly for the free keyboard and mouse. I have no idea what the other two prizes in that list are.

rock_nog
05-25-2008, 08:21 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2279/2386684684_9db54ab0e2.jpg

Apparently the line between baby and burrito is finer than I was originally led to believe.

The_Amaster
05-25-2008, 10:28 AM
...wow...

Dude, you should so send that to Jay Leno.

phattonez
05-25-2008, 01:04 PM
That might be a little too morbid for Jay Leno, but still funny.

erm2003
05-25-2008, 01:33 PM
Anyone doing anything for Memorial Day? I am thinking the higher gas prices may curb some traveling, but I am still heading out to Buffalo in a little to visit with family until tomorrow. What really sucks is I have to bring worth with me. No such thing as a night off around here.

Aegix Drakan
05-25-2008, 04:37 PM
Musta been one of those supersized burritos with the extra pickles.

@skullkraken: I see there's someone else here who likes Mug... :P Good stuff.

rock_nog
05-25-2008, 05:31 PM
Don't really have any plans for Memorial Day as I'm more focused on working out all of the details for my move on Wednesday. A good old fashioned cookout does sound rather tempting, though.

ZTC
05-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Mmmmm root beer.... I just drank a few cans at a party I just went to. Now to firgure out which PS2 game to get: MGS3, Arcana Heart, or the Sega Classic Colletion (I think that's what it is called, it's the one that has Phantasy Star 2-4 on it)

Icey
05-25-2008, 07:17 PM
"There isn't anything we cannot do together if we seek God's blessing and if we stay committed and are not deterred by the setbacks that often fall in every life," Clinton said.

When did Hillary become Mike Huckabee (he majored in miracles, not math!)? I mean, I'm sick of this attitude in this country that if you pray real real hard your invisible buddy in the sky will change the laws of mathematics for you.

rock_nog
05-25-2008, 08:02 PM
Hot damn! The Phoenix Mars polar lander has successfully touched down on the Martian surface! Like, just now! It's a good day for science.

erm2003
05-25-2008, 09:38 PM
So I think I am going to test drive a 2009 Toyota Corolla tomorrow morning. According to the site I was working with, I can get one with all the options I want for about $21,000. I probably won't be buying right away, but I like what I see and if I can get a good deal I could be sold. It gets about 35 mpg highway, but some people have had it reach 40 before. Anyone happen to own a recent Corolla or have any other good recommendations?

The_Amaster
05-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Hot damn! The Phoenix Mars polar lander has successfully touched down on the Martian surface! Like, just now! It's a good day for science.

Is it just me, or was the Science Channel special a bit boring? I mean, I know theres the massive time-lag and all, but still, at least they could have shown more stuff from previous missions, as opposed to just talking about Mars. If I wanted that, I could go to Wikipedia.

erm2003
05-25-2008, 11:51 PM
I am posting just for the sake of saying...

This is my 2,000th post.

Shazza Dani
05-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Happy 2000th! This is my, like, 8th post -- or something around there.

rock_nog
05-26-2008, 12:18 AM
Pardon me for geeking out here, but here's one of the first pics from Mars.

http://fawkes4.lpl.arizona.edu/images/gallery/md_440.jpg

Pineconn
05-26-2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I just read about the Phoenix Mars rover touchdown. This sort of stuff always fascinates me.

ZTC
05-26-2008, 12:30 AM
=0 didn't even know about it.
So what's everyone doing tomorrow? I get to have 'fun' opening at work and managing the shift. Not looking forward to it as it's going to be pretty slow :(

phattonez
05-26-2008, 01:08 AM
rock_nog, that looks like the Mojave Desert.

As for me on Memorial Day, I'll be signing up for a softball team for this summer. Good plans indeed.

DarkDragoonX
05-26-2008, 01:09 AM
Good ol' NASA... reaffirming the long-held scientific belief that Mars has a lot of rocks.

rock_nog
05-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Incidentally, the goal of this current mission is to try to determine if Mars is more than just a bunch of rocks. They landed at the north pole to search for water, and to try to confirm theories that Mars was once a more hospitable planet. Ultimately, they're investigating the possibility that Mars may once have had life.

The_Amaster
05-26-2008, 08:28 AM
They mentioned that the scoop was so that it could dig down and get under the surface, I'm thinking, why not just attatch a shovel or a drill to the bottom of the probe rather than make an arm that risks breaking?

rock_nog
05-26-2008, 09:53 AM
There's a lot of reasons. I imagine the most important is that the bottom of the probe is covered in rockets - where would you put the drill? Also, you couldn't really see what you were doing, and they're probably gonna want to take samples from multiple areas.

mrz84
05-26-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm doing what I do on every day off I have. Do the dishes, play video games and surf the net. :kitty: Memorial Day is no different for me.

The_Amaster
05-26-2008, 12:00 PM
You could if you had placed cameras there.

Eh, my only point is how locked into standard thinking we seem to be for designing stuff.

rock_nog
05-26-2008, 12:04 PM
Well then you'd have to install a light under there... And oh, forgot to mention, you're gonna want to put those soil samples into different labs. And your solution would still require a lot of moving parts, with no reason to think that it'd be less likely to break. What it really all boils down to is that with regards to the mechanical arm - we know it works, and we know it can handle all of the tasks that we need it to be able to do.

Russ
05-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Wow, I haven't touched an eletronic device all weekend.

Anyways, Friday night was amazing. Appearently, we have a pack of coyotes living in a patch of trees in the middle of the neighborhood. Well, the smallest one came out around midnight, and from 50 yards away, my neighbor got a perfect headshot at it with his gun. It was pretty neat.

phattonez
05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
^^You must not live in a Blue State.

Pineconn
05-26-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm about 95% convinced that I should drop AP English Literature in favor of Honors Physics, AP Calculus, and Spanish 4, three classes that will kill me next year. I don't intend on majoring in anything that favors English over science and math, so I see no need to take a second AP English (this year I took AP English Language). I'll break the AP English Lit course down:

We'd have to read 3 books, totaling about 1500 pages. Then, we need to write 500-1000 words for each book (giving opinions, reflection, etc.). Next, we have to write a two-page analysis on a passage from each book. Third, we have to write several pages on our current plans for college and reasons for selecting certain majors. Finally, though this is easy, we have to type out a list of our current achievements and services while being in high school.

Not to mention that we will read approximately 20 books throughout the rest of the year in AP English Lit. I've heard that taking this course is, quote, the biggest mistake of several people's high school careers.

I honestly find this course to be needlessly involved and therefore unnecessary for me. I understand we already talked about this on chat, but I'm curious on others' opinions.

Russ
05-26-2008, 03:38 PM
I think I'd keep that class if I were you.

Icey
05-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Yep, it's pointless to take AP Lit and Language (I took both). In my experience, AP Calculus is probably the only worthwhile AP class. Take that instead.

rock_nog
05-26-2008, 06:41 PM
In the local oddities division, I just saw the weirdest thing - an alcohol rehab center literally located between two bars. They're all part of the same building, no less.

The_Amaster
05-26-2008, 07:10 PM
Heh, like those old Far Side strips, the ones that would place The Institue for the Study of Migrane Headaches right next to Floyd's Marching Band School.

Funny how that happens some times.

Pineconn
05-26-2008, 09:33 PM
Yep, it's pointless to take AP Lit and Language (I took both). In my experience, AP Calculus is probably the only worthwhile AP class. Take that instead.

That's what I figured. When I'm reading a book (which I rarely do anyway), I'm not trying to analyze the author's rhetorical strategies. I can barely stay awake, anyway. :sleep:

Okay, I'm officially out of AP English Lit. Screw it, I'm taking Academic English 4. Thanks everyone, including those in chat, for helping me make this decision.

The_Amaster
05-26-2008, 09:42 PM
Eh, I'm probably going to end up taking AP Lit, if only because I can't think of a reason not to.
:shrug:

Pineconn
05-26-2008, 09:49 PM
I would definitely take AP English Lit if the teacher wouldn't require ten times more work than the course calls for. It all depends on the school and the teacher. Plus, just looking at my SAT and ACT scores, critical reading is by far the worst area in comparison.

The_Amaster
05-26-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm actually not sure who I'd have, except that I know that I don't know them. I'll have to ask around...

Eh, if I could put up with the torment of a *shudder* regular level English class I would, because senior year is the big sci-fi and fantasy year, but...

Aegix Drakan
05-26-2008, 09:56 PM
So...Russ...Your neighbor just randomly decided to shoot a small little coyote in the head?

uhh...may I ask why? If it was running over your turnip patch, attacking someone or invading your property, I can see why, but...otherwise, I thinks it's kinda cruel. Animals don't randomly kill other animals just for pleasure. They do it to defend their territory, and to survive.

:P Heck, I only squash spiders if they're indoors (they're in my territory). Outside...well, this ont time, I was aobut to put my foot down, and saw a spider that I was about to step on. I made sure to move my foot so I wouldn't squash it. Yeah, I might sound nuts, but I think we should respect our fellow creatures.

Now, WASPS on the other hand...:mad: THOSE I think should be killed on sight, if possible. They serve no purpose, have little to no predators, and unlike bees (who pollinate, and make delicious honey) they can sting as much as they want and not die. If a Bee stings a large animal, the stinger gets caught in the animal, and the bee rips it's abdomen off, killing itself. And they know this too. They don't really sting you unless you threaten the hive, or trap them in a way that makes them think that they're gonna die for sure. Wasps, on the other hand have unlimited stings (well...they bite, actually) and they tend to use it more often.

>: ( and to top it off, there are now a lot more around my house than usual! Normally, whne I mow the lawn during the summer, I see like...one or to bees every second time I mow the lawn. This weekend...I saw like...FIVE. That and a few came bussing near my window this afternoon. Big bastards, not the tiny little ones. *shudders* Man...If we have a nest nearby.... :shakeno:

...*shivers* In case it doesn't show...I have a phobia for those little bastards. Got stung TWICE as a kid, once when I was 4 (the stupid bug wanted my popsicle, and I tried to shoo it away, and it bit me!), and onther time when I was about 8 (I was hiking with my grandparents, and I saw one flying around, so I ignored this strange fear I had all of the sudden, and I extended my finger. I landed on my index, and I looked at it, not totally sure of what it was, and thinking it kind of cute. Then...PAIN! MAJOR PAIN!). In previous years, seeing one would make me flee in a blind paninc, screaming. Now...I just try to walk away quickly, muttering very obsecene words under my breath.

>_< I hate those things...

Russ
05-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Heh, like those old Far Side strips, the ones that would place The Institue for the Study of Migrane Headaches right next to Floyd's Marching Band School.

Funny how that happens some times.
Hey, I was just reading those. That story reminds me of the one with Dorian's Nursery right next to Ed's Dingo Farm.

So...Russ...Your neighbor just randomly decided to shoot a small little coyote in the head?

Actually, we have quite a lot of small dogs in the neighborhood, and our neighbor saw one of the coyotes trying to sneak into the backyard and eat his. So out other neighbor shot the coyote to protect all the pets in the yard.

:P Heck, I only squash spiders if they're indoors (they're in my territory). Outside...well, this ont time, I was aobut to put my foot down, and saw a spider that I was about to step on. I made sure to move my foot so I wouldn't squash it. Yeah, I might sound nuts, but I think we should respect our fellow creatures.

Me too.

And like you, I hate wasps. I was on a trail, and one came up and stung me for no reason whatsoever. I hate wasps!

The_Amaster
05-27-2008, 08:16 AM
Sky-Diving School right next to Hank's Crocodile Zoo. :)

*shiver* Wasps, hornets, and bees. All of them scare the hell out of me. When I was 5, I was stung by hornets, when I was 6, I was stung by wasps, and when I was 7 I was stung by bees. Kinda a childhood stress thing...

Russ
05-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Here's my philosophy: If it flies and stings you, don't get anywhere near it. In my friend's yard, there uis a hive of red bees. The sting you if you get withing 50 yards if their hive, and they really hurt. So of course, my friend is gets paranoid whenever he sees a bee.

mrz84
05-27-2008, 12:16 PM
I have to agree with your views of treating other creatures Aegix. Especially with winged assassins of painity (that's probably not a real word, but I like doing that because it's funny in odd way) that almost always hang around where I need to go when I'm working at the hotel. I hate wasps. I never got stung whilst I was a kid (two of my younger brothers get to claim that "honor"), but I never wanted to because I just didn't want to.

To get back from rambling, I'm looking forward to seeing Don't Mess With the Zohar when it comes out. It seems really different in some way from his other movies. That and the part in the commercial with the feet kicking was kinda funny. :kitty:

Shazza Dani
05-27-2008, 12:17 PM
I love bugs so much. =] I haven't been stung by a bee since I was a little kid. And when one gets in my house, I catch it and let it outside. My mom kills bugs and that makes me upset, so I make sure any that I see indoors get out to safety.

The_Amaster
05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
To get back from rambling, I'm looking forward to seeing Don't Mess With the Zohar when it comes out. It seems really different in some way from his other movies. That and the part in the commercial with the feet kicking was kinda funny.
Oh geez, my friends and I keep quoting that trailer at each other.
"Come on, smell the feet! Smell it. Good. Now take it *slap slap*"

Looks pretty good.

phattonez
05-27-2008, 05:11 PM
Really? It seems different from Billy Madison?

Russ
05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh geez, my friends and I keep quoting that trailer at each other.
"Come on, smell the feet! Smell it. Good. Now take it *slap slap*"

Looks pretty good.
That one scene is what makes my brother want to see the movie. And I'll admit, it looks pretty good.

mrz84
05-27-2008, 06:26 PM
That one scene is what makes my brother want to see the movie. And I'll admit, it looks pretty good.

DO said the same thing when he saw the commercial. Personally, I'd have to agree with him. :kitty:

The_Amaster
05-27-2008, 10:22 PM
You know, a good movie trailer is an art form, I swear.

Who else here isn't super excited about the movie, but thought the trailer for the new Star Trek movie was frickin' cool?

ZTC
05-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Haven't seen the trailer yet, but I saw the trailer for Vulcan Fury for the PC when I reinstalled Atomic Bomberman a few days ago. Doesn't it seem that time is slipping away too fast nowadays?

mrz84
05-28-2008, 08:50 AM
A new Star Trek movie? I haven't seen any trailers/commercials for it yet... :kitty:

Russ
05-28-2008, 10:39 AM
Neither have I. Then again, I haven't seen trailers for a lot of movies.

The_Amaster
05-28-2008, 04:48 PM
Lookie lookie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuksQwGOtVs)

And yes, I'm pretty sure that the guy with the goggles is Zephram Cochren.

Icey
05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
Didn't exactly show much, did they? I think it's due out in 09 now, though.

The_Amaster
05-28-2008, 05:24 PM
Okay, I just noticed that both Successor and rock_nog have been banned, yet theres no announcement, and I don't recall either of them doing anything lately...

:shrug:

Russ
05-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Successor's shows up as spamming. Nothing about rock_nog though. I wonder what happened.

phattonez
05-28-2008, 07:47 PM
Rock_nog was spamming up the same thread in GB, but I don't think they said anything about him.

Russ
05-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, at least the ban shouldn't last long.

ZTC
05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
lol silent bans :rolleyes:
Had a long day at work, so when I wasn't busy, I sprayed degreaser on all the spotty parts of the parking lots and drive thru. It was nice and cool out.

ctrl-alt-delete
05-29-2008, 12:46 PM
I wanted my own thread...who here says it is time to archive so and create "So...what?"

I do.

Archibaldo (http://www.lightning-z.com/) is launching a porn site. How are we going to keep up?

I love keeping tabs on that kid.

I am surprised that there is not a google.us on there...

I broke the single day sales record at work the other day.

Zack and Wiki is awesome.

Whatsup with you?

The_Amaster
05-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Zack and Wiki is awesome.
Agreed. Just picked it up, and am loving it so far.

phattonez
05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
Only dead threads should be archived. This is nowhere near dead.

Russ
05-29-2008, 07:50 PM
No way are we archiving this. I want to see if we can get 1,000 posts in it.

Anyways, for those of you who don't know, Pineconn gave 50 Pineconn dollars to everybody who guessed at the Nintendo Power moon, and 1000 to the guy who got it right. Do you think this will cause inflation at AGN (since Pineconn dollars are basically the official currency)?

Icey
05-29-2008, 08:09 PM
No way are we archiving this. I want to see if we can get 1,000 posts in it.

Uh, what? Look at the number on the top right of the postbit... that shows what number this post is. It's 3714 which is already far greater than 1,000...

Russ
05-29-2008, 08:25 PM
Whoops, I meant 10,000. Stupid typo.

Icey
05-29-2008, 08:28 PM
At this rate, it should be a couple more years... I wonder if this thread will still be active in that time?

Dechipher
05-29-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm honestly way surprised that it got this far.
This is ballsout ridiculous

Russ
05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
3718 posts in 1 year and 8 days. This thing should hit 10,000 easily.

Dechipher
05-29-2008, 09:16 PM
That's fucking crazy. I didn't realize that it had been going for so long.
I thought it just started up earlier this year.

Jesus.
Get a life people. :P

Russ
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
To roughly quote Phattonez:

AGN is not meant for people with lives. Turn off the lights and stare at the glow of the monitor.

:D

The_Amaster
05-29-2008, 09:39 PM
Finally! Got my copy of Minish Cap back after a three year loan.

*goes off to play Zelda-ey goodness*

Aegix Drakan
05-29-2008, 09:47 PM
see my sig for the full quote. :P

phattonez
05-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Uh, what? Look at the number on the top right of the postbit... that shows what number this post is. It's 3714 which is already far greater than 1,000...

I thought that he was waiting for me to get 1000 posts in this thread. Maybe it'll roughly happen at the same time . . . scratch that, probably not.

Russ
05-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Finally! Got my copy of Minish Cap back after a three year loan.

*goes off to play Zelda-ey goodness*
Wow, three years. That's a long time. Enjoy it.

see my sig for the full quote. :P
I knew somebody here had it in their sig. I just couldn't remember who.

moocow
05-30-2008, 07:35 AM
I am the man... Only *I* could make a thread that is still posted in DAILY for a little over a year... hahaha.

I am so very proud of this minuscule achievement.

Russ
05-30-2008, 10:41 AM
I am the man... Only *I* could make a thread that is still posted in DAILY for a little over a year... hahaha.

I am so very proud of this minuscule achievement.
It also got a five star rating. Who no a thread with absolutly no substance could get over 3,000 posts in one year. Moocow, this was definitely a good decision.

Pineconn
05-30-2008, 08:55 PM
My thread has a five star rating, too. :tongue:

Well, I'm technically a senior now. The real seniors are done with school (commencement is Sunday), finals are looming, summer is around the corner.... Oh, and I'm truddle leader of 2008-2009. :cool:

erm2003
05-30-2008, 09:23 PM
How to tell if you are really drunk. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtZaA67Syt8)

And no, it's not a Rick Roll. I promise.

Russ
05-30-2008, 09:29 PM
My thread has a five star rating, too. :tongue:

Which thread would that be?

Pineconn
05-30-2008, 10:12 PM
You click into it probably every day... It might have something to do with L--k to the H--v---...

phattonez
05-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Well you know, it isn't too hard to make a thread rated 5 stars is it?

Russ
05-30-2008, 10:27 PM
You click into it probably every day... It might have something to do with L--k to the H--v---...
Quest release threads don't count!

The_Amaster
05-30-2008, 11:22 PM
So my dislike for the guy who my girfriend broke up with me for dissapeared for a few weeks, and now has suddenly resurged as an intense pathalogical hatred.

And tomorrow I go shopping for new luggage for Germany! Yes!

erm2003
05-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Sweet. How long you going to be in Germany for? I have always wanted to go to Europe. Soon I hope. Maybe when our dollar is worth something again.

Russ
05-31-2008, 12:28 AM
Germany? I want to Souther Germany for a day on my trip to Italy. It's a neat place. Make sure you see Newshwanstein Castle in Bovaria. And if you can, go into Austria to see the Alps. They're amazing beyond words.

phattonez
05-31-2008, 01:22 AM
Amaster, that kind of thing would be great if Rock Bottom were still around. If only.

The_Amaster
05-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Three weeks, from June 9th to the 30th.
Man, can't wait, can't wait.
I've been saving up for this trip for like two years. Almost all of my money from work last year went to the plane ticket.

Russ
05-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Wow. Have a great time! And remember, go to Austria to see the Alps. They are spectacular!

The_Amaster
05-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Yeah, my trip is going to be very interesting....as a luggage problem.

(anyone who recognizes that quote gets a cookie)

Russ
05-31-2008, 03:00 PM
Well, I don't recognize it. Do I get a cookie anyways? :D

So, where are you going on your trip?

The_Amaster
05-31-2008, 04:32 PM
The city of Wolfenbuttel in Northern Germany. I'm hoping on the weekend to also take the train up and visit my cousin in Neubrandenburg.

Russ
05-31-2008, 04:47 PM
Sounds neat. And I see you changed your avatar again. It's the ship from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, right?

rock_nog
05-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Well, I'm back, sort of... I moved into my new apartment on Wednesday. Don't have Internet access yet though... Unless I put my laptop up against the front wall, in which case I can just barely pick up a signal from across the street.

Great place, though. Thanks to a little bit of luck, I managed to snag a one-bedroom instead of the studio I was originally taking. It's only $15 more a month, too. Turns out that the guy who was gonna take this apartment bailed at the last minute, so I quickly swooped in and took it. Of course, it's underfurnished, but I'm working on that. Still need a couch, a desk, and a rug for the living room would be nice.

Russ
05-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Hey, congrats on the apartment!

rock_nog
05-31-2008, 10:00 PM
Mars mission update: it's not official yet, but it looks like they may have discovered ice simply because of the retrorockets blasting dirt off the surface.

http://www.nasa.gov/images/content/234067main_under-full.jpg

This whole thing just keeps getting more and more exciting.

Pineconn
05-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Who'd have figured that the red planet has ice that close to its surface?

I'm probably as excited by this Mars mission as you. I look for updates constantly online and on the Wii News Channel.

Aegix Drakan
05-31-2008, 11:11 PM
This whole thing just keeps getting more and more exciting.

For the life of me, I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not...

rock_nog
05-31-2008, 11:20 PM
To give you a little context, I actually watched the landing live on NASA TV. Well, to say I watched the landing would really be a stretch of the term, as it was a while before any actual photos got back. I did, however, watch mission control as they monitored the craft's descent.

Russ
06-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Wow, wouldn't it be neat if this Mars mision found water on Mars?