PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

erm2003
03-31-2008, 07:16 PM
Wow Pineconn, I didn't realize that you were so unreasonable. Baseball has 162 games a year, how many does football have? Nowhere near that.

Doesn't this fact contradict your entire point? Football is so much tougher on the human body they can only have 16 regular season games in a calendar year. The NFL would probably love to have more games since they would make more money, but the players just wouldn't be able to handle it. Don't forget to factor the extra 4 or 5 preseason games as well and up to 4 playoff games to make it to the Super Bowl.

EDIT: Nice. I got post 3000 in this thread.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
It doesn't contradict a thing. The sports take different kinds of athleticism.

erm2003
03-31-2008, 07:27 PM
So football a lot and baseball not so much is what you are saying then right? So that's how they can last 162 games. Got it.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying Erm. Way to be completely ignorant.

erm2003
03-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Way to detect sarcasm.

But on a serious note, there is no doubt in my mind that other sports take a lot more conditioning to play than baseball. That's not saying that baseball players aren't good athletes, but let's face it, many of their bodies couldn't take the beating that other sports give such as football or hockey. Easy way to tell - just look at which sports have more injuries, and serious ones at that. Baseball is no where near the top of that list.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Tell that to the catchers that are just completely destroyed when a baserunner tries to basically tackle them at home.

erm2003
03-31-2008, 07:44 PM
That doesn't even happen every game. It's also interesting you picked the one position that could possibly have physically contact on a regular basis. In football try to find the player on the field not getting in the play. Even the kickers do so you can't even count them.

Breaker
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying Erm. Way to be completely ignorant.

The statement that started this little joke of a debate that "baseball isn't a sport" wasn't ignorant enough? It's hardly even worth typing up a response to.

Nobody is debating whether football is better than baseball, girls.

The only point I was ever trying to make to you guys is that baseball is a sport, regardless of how much you might dislike it. You are all entitled to having baseless and stupid opinions, but it doesn't change the fact that it is still a sport and you fall into a very small, pale, greasy minority that thinks otherwise.

Beldaran
03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
The only point I was ever trying to make to you guys is that baseball is a sport, regardless of how much you might dislike it. You are all entitled to having baseless and stupid opinions, but it doesn't change the fact that it is still a sport and you fall into a very small, pale, greasy minority that thinks otherwise.

If baseball is a sport, then so is darts, pool, and bowling.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Bowling is a sport, but I'd like to say that only because I bowl frequently. Someone bowl 10 games and tell me that it doesn't take a toll on you.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-31-2008, 08:31 PM
Definition of sport:
a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.

Baseball requires physical exertion...even if it's not a lot. Exertion is the "use of physical energy..."

So baseball is definitely a sport...as for pool, darts, and bowling? Blah...might be, might not be.

Who cares. Why are we arguing over something so stupid when children are starving to death in Africa?

phattonez
03-31-2008, 08:32 PM
So that we can ignore the problem and live in bliss.

Beldaran
03-31-2008, 08:51 PM
I"m not really trying to make the literal point that baseball is not a sport... I just say it's not a sport because it's boring, doesn't require great fitness, and is just a regular game of skill like pool.

Anyway, by your definition Dance Dance Revolution is a sport as well. Baseball and DDR in the same category... sounds about right to me.

Aegix Drakan
03-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Anyway, by your definition Dance Dance Revolution is a sport as well.

...hah! I guess I DO play a sport after all! *chuckles*

The_Amaster
03-31-2008, 09:05 PM
Bicycling has rules like "Don't wear shoes with loose laces".
*hopeful* Does that mean I play a sport too?

phattonez
03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Do all football players need to be fit? They need to be strong, but not necessarily fit.

Also, since when does something being perceived as boring make it not as sport? I think we can all agree that running is a sport, but who wants to watch that?

Aegix Drakan
03-31-2008, 10:05 PM
Also, since when does something being perceived as boring make it not as sport? I think we can all agree that running is a sport, but who wants to watch that?

>_> I dunno. Relay races and such are very popular at the olympics.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-31-2008, 10:19 PM
Your argument is not really what a sport is then...

Your argument is what is an athlete.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 10:22 PM
So, enough of this sports crap.

How do they make that ice that looks just as solid as ice but is soft when you chew it?

Pineconn
03-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Pineconn,

dwabi has just beaten your high score in Curveball!

Your personal best: 34105.000
dwabi's new high score: 34600.000

Head over to the Arcade to reclaim your trophy!

Note: This is an automated message. However, you may send dwabi a message by clicking on the "Reply" button below.

Aaaah. I don't really feel like it. Phattonez, I've noticed you haven't tried to be the king of Curveball in a long time.

The only point I was ever trying to make to you guys is that baseball is a sport, regardless of how much you might dislike it.

Of course it's a sport. I just don't like it. I honestly see little point in a debate of whether it's a sport or not. I mean, straight out of Wikipedia:

Baseball is a bat-and-ball sport played between two teams of nine players each.

Beldaran
03-31-2008, 10:59 PM
Baseball is a sport. But it sucks and is somewhat gay.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Lol, I wasted so much of my life with that game. I was actually thinking about it today, but I decided against it. I might try again today though.

EDIT: Bel, you may not be evil for being an atheist, but you definitely ARE EVIL for calling baseball game. If I was a mod I would ban you right now just out of spite. :)

ctrl-alt-delete
03-31-2008, 11:04 PM
Baseball is a sport. But it sucks and is somewhat gay.

Finally, we agree on something.

I am quick on my way to converting you to Christianity yet, I just know it.

Beldaran
03-31-2008, 11:29 PM
I am quick on my way to converting you to Christianity yet, I just know it.

hehe, riiiight. Actually, converting me to christianity would be tremendously easy. All you have to do is have your friend Jesus come down and explain it to me in the presence of several skeptical witnesses. I'll convert immediately and be completely devout.

Breaker
03-31-2008, 11:41 PM
Aaaah. I don't really feel like it. Phattonez, I've noticed you haven't tried to be the king of Curveball in a long time.

Of course it's a sport. I just don't like it. I honestly see little point in a debate of whether it's a sport or not. I mean, straight out of Wikipedia:

Huh? You had to reach out to Wikipedia for that one, eh? It took you two pages of posts to finally catch up with the rest of us.

I was responding to Icey who originally made the statement "baseball isn't a sport". Nobody was debating with you, chief.

I don't think I've ever even acknowledged you on this forum before now.

phattonez
04-01-2008, 12:41 AM
That's probably the warmest welcome that Breaker has ever given to someone new on AGN.

Glenn the Great
04-01-2008, 12:44 AM
This thread is nonsense garbage spam.

Baseball is not a sport.

Advanced calculus is a sport.

Topic Closed.

Breaker
04-01-2008, 06:14 AM
This thread is nonsense garbage spam.

Baseball is not a sport.

Advanced calculus is a sport.

Topic Closed.

Omg, I spit out my drink.

biggiy05
04-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Wtf? I go to work then class and come home to chaos...thread unlocked.

Glenn, Lightning-z, gamerman, fira...everyone jsut get out.

Down with Glenn!

For Great Justice!

Down with Glenn!

GamerMan
04-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Down with Glenn!

For Great Justice!

Down with Glenn!

who r u? get out!!

Icey
04-01-2008, 10:56 PM
The statement that started this little joke of a debate that "baseball isn't a sport" wasn't ignorant enough? It's hardly even worth typing up a response to.

That's what I find amusing; I wasn't completely serious when I said it, but it started a three page debate. For something so small, and really kind of dumb to argue over, it turned into a firestorm.

Yes, baseball is a sport. No, I don't like it, and in some cases people without certain cases of athleticism can do well in it. Poker is definitely not a sport. Darts, I have to say no. Bowling I would say "probably not".

Advanced calculus? rofl

Pineconn
04-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Wtf? I go to work then class and come home to chaos...thread unlocked.

Glenn, Lightning-z, gamerman, fira...everyone jsut get out.

It's cool, don't worry. It's best just to ignore everything. BTW, you're my new hero for unlocking this thread. Even though all of AGN has turned into "So..." ;)

I don't think I've ever even acknowledged you on this forum before now.

Actually, you did. You red repped me for something a few months ago (not counting the one today). I forget what it was about.

MasterSwordUltima
How in the hell are we 20 pages further in since the last time I've checked?

Russ
Hey, GamerMan! Here is a face I am not sad to see. Welcome back (if, infact, you are really back, and not just some April Fool's Day prank, which I believe you to be).

Oh, and Down with Glenn!

GamerMan
04-01-2008, 10:58 PM
It's cool, don't worry. It's best just to ignore everything.

Actually, you did. You red repped me for something a few months ago (not counting the one today). I forget what it was about.

Biggiy05 is my new hero for unlocking this thread. Even though all of AGN has turned into "So..." ;)

biggie05 is a whore. he tried to ban me for helping him bee a goode moderator.

locked!!!!!!!

Pineconn
04-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I was watching the Nationals game two nights ago, and I saw President Bush sitting up in the booth chatting with the commentators. The fact that one of the most powerful men in the world was sitting with some guys bantering about baseball struck me as very odd. He looked incredibly uncomfortable.

Dechipher
04-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Sup guys

Russ
04-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Okay, although that prank started out funny, it ended as the worst prank ever! Actually banning people!? Come on, that was way to much!

Icey
04-02-2008, 12:08 AM
I was watching the Nationals game two nights ago, and I saw President Bush sitting up in the booth chatting with the commentators. The fact that one of the most powerful men in the world was sitting with some guys bantering about baseball struck me as very odd. He looked incredibly uncomfortable.

I didn't see the clip, but I dunno why he would be uncomfortable. He used to own a baseball team (the Rangers, I think).

Skulkraken
04-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Gah. I thought it was for real when I got banned, and when I got those PMs while posting as Odin. Why must you toy with me like that? :(

Russ
04-02-2008, 12:13 AM
Gah. I thought it was for real when I got banned, and when I got those PMs while posting as Odin. Why must you toy with me like that? :(
I though it was a joke too. Then suddenly, as I was replying to a thread, a message popped up telling me I was banned. I almost had a heart attack.

Note to staff: Although this joke was overall funny, please never go as far as to ban members again. It's not funny!

Skulkraken
04-02-2008, 12:20 AM
Agreed. I seriously thought I was going to have to resort to getting someone to do actual hacking...

Russ
04-02-2008, 12:34 AM
Agreed. I seriously thought I was going to have to resort to getting someone to do actual hacking...
So did Master Maniac and I.

By the way, what happened to all of those "Down with Glenn!" threads? They didn't get archived.

Dechipher
04-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Maybe next year it might be a good idea to reserve all judgement for anything on April Fools Day?

Skulkraken
04-02-2008, 12:41 AM
They probably just got flushed. I guess we kind of overdid it. -_-;

Aliem
04-02-2008, 12:41 AM
I thought the whole thing might have been real... then, shortly after I posted in that new terms of service thread, I actually realized what today was.

By far, that was the best, most elaborate prank I've ever seen on an online BB. That was just... well, quite frankly, it was just great.

Icey
04-02-2008, 01:29 AM
I want to say thanks to everyone who was involved in the joke. Although I caught on pretty quick (not immediately - Glenn has hacked before and it's been real) it was still a whole lot of fun. Your efforts are appreciated... I gotta say though, I'm glad the infractions were posted in the archives. Those are really, really funny =) Makes me wish I got one at the time :p

ctrl-alt-delete
04-02-2008, 01:31 AM
They probably just got flushed. I guess we kind of overdid it. -_-;

Nah, they are all in there...looks like they were merged.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101964

rock_nog
04-02-2008, 01:32 AM
LOL okay, that was the most fun I've had on April Fool's Day in a while. Can't believe all the suckers who actually thought all that was real LOL. Granted, for a little while, I bought it, too - but in my defense, it was a little after midnight when I first saw it, so I wasn't thinking about the fact that it was April 1. I just saw all these posts by Glenn the Great and lightnin-z and I was just like "Oh crap, what's happened now?" Wasn't until I saw the thread about AGN being sold that I caught on.

Russ
04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
I actually cought on quickly, but when I got banned, I thought it was real. Banning people was taking it too far.

Prrkitty
04-02-2008, 01:54 AM
Looks like everyone had fun... and that's what it was intended. Sorry for the ban scares though... getting banned is not a fun experience. I've been there. (hug)

Gleeok
04-02-2008, 01:55 AM
That sucks. I pretty much missed the whole damn thing. :angry: I made a few posts last night when it wasn't April 1st, got banned then had to work all day today. I dropped in earlier for a few minutes but that's it. Shittiest april fools I've had ever. I got to leave to do some session work now too. :(

That's alright though, I got you guys too. ;)

PS; I just read some fira and gamerman posts...Those are terrible impersonations. Who did those?

...shit gotta go

Russ
04-02-2008, 01:58 AM
You missed it!? Dang, that was awesome! It started out as a coded thread for rebillion, hidded in the SE Discussion Forum. Then, it became an all out revolt, with anit-Glen threads in every forum. It was awesome. Then people started getting banned. Then it became maddening.

Skulkraken
04-02-2008, 02:11 AM
...There was a thread in the SE discussion forum? I did not notice that at all when I was spamming out all those "Down with Glenn" posts.

phattonez
04-02-2008, 02:22 AM
It took me a while to figure it out. In my defense, it started before April Fool's Day on the West Coast. I enjoyed being banned so many times and getting so many frivolous warnings. Definitely fun.

Russ
04-02-2008, 03:16 AM
...There was a thread in the SE discussion forum? I did not notice that at all when I was spamming out all those "Down with Glenn" posts.
Ya, it was called "new emporer quest", and it was about taking down Glenn, but disguised as a discussion of Shattered Earth.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-02-2008, 03:20 AM
That thread was pretty hilarious. Good job, guys. At least we know you guys will protect the board if we are not around.

rock_nog
04-02-2008, 03:42 AM
It took me a while to figure it out. In my defense, it started before April Fool's Day on the West Coast. I enjoyed being banned so many times and getting so many frivolous warnings. Definitely fun.
LOL that was probably one of the best parts - watching you get repeatedly banned and then unbanned. I'm too much of a suck up - I only received an infraction, for Rickrolling "Glenn" :tongue:.

erm2003
04-02-2008, 05:38 AM
I saw everything changed over early in the morning but I didn't think much of it even though I knew it was April 1. Good job guys! That was quite an interesting day here! I didn't post much because I didn't want to get "banned" so I could read the threads, lol.

I am just glad that So... can continue on.

Breaker
04-02-2008, 05:44 AM
Looks like everyone had fun... and that's what it was intended. Sorry for the ban scares though... getting banned is not a fun experience. I've been there. (hug)

You've been banned?

Aegix Drakan
04-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, I'm just glad it's over.

-_- ugh...total madness I tell ya. Funny Idea, but...I think it was being taken too far.

mrz84
04-02-2008, 10:19 AM
I popped in yestersday after not logging in for a few weeks to find this obvious April Fool's thing going on here. It was mildly entertaining to say the least. :kitty:

ctrl-alt-delete
04-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, I'm just glad it's over.

-_- ugh...total madness I tell ya. Funny Idea, but...I think it was being taken too far.

Bah. I disagree. Any banning that was done seemed to be overturned pretty quickly. It was definitely the best forum April Fools joke I have ever seen. I thought it was hilarious, and I appreciate all of the hard work of everything that was involved.

Russ
04-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Bah. I disagree. Any banning that was done seemed to be overturned pretty quickly. It was definitely the best forum April Fools joke I have ever seen. I thought it was hilarious, and I appreciate all of the hard work of everything that was involved.
I still say the best part was the thread in SE discussion, about overthrowing Glenn. That started out as a coded discussion, and then turned into uter nonsense.

phattonez
04-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Erm, when you're banned you can still read all of the threads except for the ones in GB and ASWGL.

Russ
04-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Erm, when you're banned you can still read all of the threads except for the ones in GB and ASWGL.
I couldn't. I had to log out and read them as a guest.

phattonez
04-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Really? Well then the mods must not like you then. :)

Prrkitty
04-02-2008, 03:24 PM
You've been banned?

Ayep I have been... 3 day ban - if I remember right.

phattonez
04-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Wow, I can't imagine you doing anything. Do you remember what it was for?

Pineconn
04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
My favorite part is that I took this way too seriously. I sent this PM to both DarkDragon (I'm sure he got a good laugh out of it) and War Lord:

Note: this message is being sent to War Lord and DarkDragon.

Obviously, Glenn the Great has hacked the forums. I'm trying to compose a list of things that he, Fira, lightnin-Z, GamerMan, and Zelda64Gld have done. This is what needs to happen to reverse these actions:

An immediate ban or deletion of Glenn the Great's, Fira's, lightnin-Z's, GamerMan's and Zelda64Gld's accounts.
A deletion of the following threads:
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101910
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101959
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101936
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101957
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101951
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101941
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101913
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101929
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101939
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101920
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101940
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101942
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101937
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101938
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101911
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101956
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=101912
The following people need to be unbanned since they made no true infraction:
Odin, phattonez, Dechipher, Revfan9
The following people were given an unjust infraction by any of the people involved with the hack:
Pokegamer1989 (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1169651&postcount=29)), Masamune (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1169576&postcount=5)), Riverman (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/member.php?u=1443)), Odin (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1169826&postcount=53)), Janus (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/member.php?u=10152)), Revfan9 (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1169899&postcount=14)), Alphadawg (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1169803&postcount=4)), phattonez (for this post (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1169605&postcount=2))
The thread "So..." in GD should be unlocked.
Ctrl-alt-delete's massive near-pr0n avvy needs to be deleted/fixed.
Unless you want to keep it, GB should be hidden.

There have likely been more things done to AGN after I sent this PM.

Mehhhh.... yeah.

phattonez
04-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Haha, thanks for the laugh.

Btw, I really wouldn't mind if that avatar came back.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-02-2008, 04:36 PM
My favorite part is that I took this way too seriously. I sent this PM to both DarkDragon (I'm sure he got a good laugh out of it) and War Lord:

Mehhhh.... yeah.

Lmfao. I still cannot believe how many of you truly fell for it. Perfect April Fools. Again, congratulations to those who were involved.

The_Amaster
04-02-2008, 05:18 PM
No, I think I was too serious. When I first started Le Resistance, I was actually serious about it, wondering if there was a way to topple Glenn.

Prrkitty
04-02-2008, 05:26 PM
The protectiveness y'all felt for the community is very much appreciated :) I was afraid to join "Le Resistance" (much as I was one that received the PM about it)... because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pull it off and I'd give something away. :)

Skulkraken
04-02-2008, 06:29 PM
How about we create a superhero team to have on hand in case someone evil tries to take over AGN for real?

We could call it the AGN Self Defence Force, or ASDF. :D

erm2003
04-02-2008, 06:33 PM

That I did not know. I just figured I wouldn't be able to view anything or have something pop up when trying to log in.

phattonez
04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
If anything ever happens, I think that I could be trusted with the password to the database. Everyone agree? Then it's settled, I'll have executive control of the republic.

erm2003
04-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Anyone watching the new South Park episode tonight? Part of the episode has all sorts of internet personalities and they end up killing each other off. There were a few classic moments there. It's quite funny so check the replay tonight at 12 or tomorrow at 10 I think.

Breaker
04-02-2008, 10:33 PM

Mehhhh.... yeah.

Whatever would we do without you.

rock_nog
04-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh God, I have officially been spending WAY too much time here. It's started spilling over into my dreams. Like last night, I had a dream involving Beldaran, who had created the world's most advanced artificial intelligence system. He had actually created a piece of software that had become self-aware. Unfortunately, this achievement was marred by the fact that the AI found life trapped in a computer to be extremely boring, and so it had become manically depressed. Its latest hobby involved coming up with new and creative ways to cause its computer to crash. So there it was - greatest achievement of mankind, and you could hardly interact with it without it invoking a blue screen of death. Needless to say, in the dream, I mocked Beldaran endlessly for it.

Masamune
04-03-2008, 11:08 AM
I have dreams about Beldaran too. Except he's naked.

AlphaDawg
04-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Since you're not going to keep that ginormous (hey Mozilla spell-check, that's a real word now!) babealicious avatar ctrl-alt-del, I propose the following as your new avatar:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj7/KingSquee/NewMicrosoftKeyboard.jpg

(shrunk down to an appropriate size, of course)

Aegix Drakan
04-03-2008, 12:31 PM
oh my gosh Rock_nog... :rofl: That's just freaking hilarious. ...I can SO imagine that hepenning someday.

>_> and you're not the only one who dreams of the internet. I've posted many a message on several forums, only to wake up, and realize that I was dreaming.

I don't like dreaming that I'm playing a game, or using the net. I'f I 'm in a game, it's OK, but I'f I'm playing it, then it makes no freaking sense.

(recalls a random dream a few months ago, involving a zalda game switching constantly between Pure graphics on a PC, GB graphics on my SP, and 3D graphics on my Gamecube. ...Seriously, I make link go through a door, and BOOM graphics change.)

phattonez
04-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I had a dream that I was rollerblading, and I was doing really well. I haven't done that in like 10 years, but it was fun.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Since you're not going to keep that ginormous (hey Mozilla spell-check, that's a real word now!) babealicious avatar ctrl-alt-del, I propose the following as your new avatar:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj7/KingSquee/NewMicrosoftKeyboard.jpg

(shrunk down to an appropriate size, of course)

The avatar that was given to me could not be properly read if it was shrunk...which is why it was the size it was.

I have never really had an avatar until now...

I kind of like the one I have...I am the future...

Edit: I have an idea for this thread. Once a day, when a random topic comes up, somebody should make a new thread to discuss that topic alone. Here, I will start...

Beldaran
04-03-2008, 01:05 PM
I have dreams about Beldaran too. Except he's naked.

omg, synchronicity!

As a side note, I saved ctrl-alt-del's avatar to my hard drive and masturbated to it. I rock!

ctrl-alt-delete
04-03-2008, 01:12 PM
omg, synchronicity!

As a side note, I saved ctrl-alt-del's avatar to my hard drive and masturbated to it. I rock!

Haha. I loved Shadowblazer's post in the staff forums.

*Insert secret text here...*

And holy shit, ctrl-alt-delete's avatar is going to get me fired.

I laughed out loud.

The_Amaster
04-03-2008, 03:10 PM

*steps very gently out of the thread for a while*
I'll be back...

Pineconn
04-03-2008, 04:00 PM
Whatever would we do without you.

Glad to see you appreciate my care for AGN's well-being...[/equal amount of sarcasm]

I'm considering changing my avatar for real this time. I think I'll flip it horizontally.

phattonez
04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you did.

Pineconn
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Perhaps I should have wrapped tags around the entire post. Speaking of which, I need to figure out how to convey sarcasm via text.

The best way, however may be with a ;) smiley and numerous J/k's.

phattonez
04-03-2008, 05:27 PM
This is quite possibly the gayest thing to come to AGN. View it with caution. This is superior to a Rick Roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

DarkDragoonX
04-03-2008, 08:52 PM
This is quite possibly the gayest thing to come to AGN...

Not anymore. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTxkxG3DF4k)

erm2003
04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
This is quite possibly the gayest thing to come to AGN. View it with caution. This is superior to a Rick Roll.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KANI2dpXLw

EDIT: Sorry, wrong link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbGkxcY7YFU

I know I mentioned it earlier, but you need to watch the new South Park episode from this week. There is a parody of this on it too. If you can't catch it on TV go to www.southparkstudios.com (http://www.southparkstudios.com) and watch it online.

DsS Game
04-04-2008, 03:52 AM
I see not much has changed lol.

What's up I'm back here temporarily. ;p

*waves to mooie*

ctrl-alt-delete
04-04-2008, 09:52 AM
I know I mentioned it earlier, but you need to watch the new South Park episode from this week. There is a parody of this on it too. If you can't catch it on TV go to www.southparkstudios.com (http://www.southparkstudios.com) and watch it online.

That episode was awesome. Watched it last night.

The_Amaster
04-04-2008, 03:47 PM
So, I don't know why, but I'm suddenly a fan of this band from the 80's called Huey Lewis & The News. Very brash, yet very good. They have some great stuff...

In other news, the most boring final exams in the world finished today.
Health Class: We could use all of our notes and the book.
Government: No final.
Engineering: Always more of a practical test, so the final is just kinda "answer these easy questions and let's get back to work"
Organic Chem: Only one even mildly challenging.

Not that I'm complaining, but the two hours of time spent each doing nothing was boring.

Sam Atoms
04-04-2008, 03:54 PM
In view of all the religious discussion that's been springing up lately, I thought I should mention...

I subscribe to traditional Atheist views regarding the subject of a higher power. But there is one twist. I firmly believe that if a squirrel crosses your path, it is a sign of good luck.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Lightmatter_wild_squirrel.jpg

Here's to hoping you'll be fortunate enough to see a squirrel cross your path.

Pineconn
04-04-2008, 03:54 PM
In other news, the most boring final exams in the world finished today.
Health Class: We could use all of our notes and the book.
Government: No final.
Engineering: Always more of a practical test, so the final is just kinda "answer these easy questions and let's get back to work"
Organic Chem: Only one even mildly challenging.

Not that I'm complaining, but the two hours of time spent each doing nothing was boring.

Engineering in high school? God I hate my school. We just ended the first week the fourth term, so it'll be eight weeks until we take finals. Maybe seven...

ctrl-alt-delete
04-05-2008, 11:23 AM
In view of all the religious discussion that's been springing up lately, I thought I should mention...

I subscribe to traditional Atheist views regarding the subject of a higher power. But there is one twist. I firmly believe that if a squirrel crosses your path, it is a sign of good luck.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/Lightmatter_wild_squirrel.jpg

Here's to hoping you'll be fortunate enough to see a squirrel cross your path.

...I know what the thread of the day is going to be about...

Edit: http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1171257#post1171257

moocow
04-05-2008, 02:12 PM
This is the best thread I've ever created.

erm2003
04-05-2008, 02:14 PM

QFT. 3,102 posts and still going strong. I am just glad we have all kept it going.

The_Amaster
04-05-2008, 02:15 PM
This is like the best thread anyones ever created.

rock_nog
04-05-2008, 03:09 PM
What the hell, man? Squirrels are rats with wings, without the wings. Wait, that would make 'em rats. Scratch that - squirrels are rats with bushy tails. They do nothing productive, they just sit there and try to steal your food. And as cute as they are, don't ever come between a squirrel and his food, because he will rip your face off.

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Squirrels are kind of scary. I'll bet a bite from one would really suck.

Beldaran
04-05-2008, 03:26 PM

This is like the new AGN Chat room.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-05-2008, 03:27 PM
This is like the new AGN Chat room.

Speaking of, is anyone here still interested in chat?

If so, we should start a channel back up...I miss it.

phattonez
04-05-2008, 03:32 PM
The only time I went there I was banned right away. I'm not exactly clamoring to go back there.

Skulkraken
04-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Chickens can be dangerous too. My uncle's raising a bunch of them for cockfighting, and they can be vicious. The one he's using for breeding right now is a Saigon, which is so tough that its eggs cost around 50-100 dollars each. From what I've heard about it, the Saigon fights for hours without encouragement, is barely fazed by anything short of a fatal wound, and once its opponent is down, it finishes things by eating the other chicken's face. I'm half-considering getting one instead of a guard dog. Would make for a more amusing sign.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-05-2008, 04:02 PM
The only time I went there I was banned right away. I'm not exactly clamoring to go back there.

Yeah, they do that for a couple of reasons.

1. You act like an idiot on the boards.
2. You say something stupid.
3. They are just fucking with you.

In any of the cases, you seem like a decent member now, so you should not have any issues.

phattonez
04-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was number 3, I was still a pretty new member when I was there.

The_Amaster
04-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Okay, two different threads of conversation here. Time to merge them!

So, what do you think was the best post made by a squirrel, and do you think the chickens ever resent the fact that they can't use chatrooms?

Beldaran
04-05-2008, 09:32 PM
For some reason, I feel like this thread is borderline forum-games material.

moocow
04-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Speaking of, is anyone here still interested in chat?

If so, we should start a channel back up...I miss it.

Agreed!

Shazza Dani
04-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I was never too crazy about IRC.

The_Amaster
04-05-2008, 09:59 PM
I check it occasionaly, but no-ones ever there. We should organize a revival!

phattonez
04-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Has anyone else noticed that GB has really sucked the attention away from this thread?

Majora
04-06-2008, 07:04 PM
AGN Chatrooom is barren. It mainly consists of people leaving the channel, joining it, pinging out, peering, and occasionally one of 5 people in there say something, and every once in a while Zaphod and Breaker start a small conversation.

At the time of this post there are 4 people in there: Myself, MrCow, Kryten, and Shadowblazer.

Icey
04-06-2008, 07:26 PM
AGN Chatrooom is barren. It mainly consists of people leaving the channel, joining it, pinging out, peering, and occasionally one of 5 people in there say something, and every once in a while Zaphod and Breaker start a small conversation.

At the time of this post there are 4 people in there: Myself, MrCow, Kryten, and Shadowblazer.

This is essentially true. I've popped in from time to time but never really said much. But since so many people are interested in it, if you guys all come in at the same time, we can work on a revival =)

ShadowTiger
04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
I wonder if there's a vBulletin chatbox of some sort. Might make it easier for people to take it seriously, and just go at a click, rather than a "How the hell do I get there from here?"

Icey
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I think there are a couple mods that might be worth looking into. There are several involving java chat links on the forums and at least one good one where you can have "Who's in Chat" displayed on the index page.

phattonez
04-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Nah, it was better to be in IRC since it was mostly a close group of people that used it.

Icey, we used to have that second one, but we lost it with upgrades of vBulletin.

Beldaran
04-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I was just in IRC and there was less than nothing going on.

phattonez
04-06-2008, 09:47 PM
So you mean that instead of you posting on there, it was posting on you? Sounds like a spectacle.

The_Amaster
04-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Yeah, the few times I've been on it's like

Amaster42: Hi

Amaster42: Anyone here?

Amaster42 has logged out

Pineconn
04-06-2008, 09:58 PM
For some reason, I feel like this thread is borderline forum-games material.

That is very funny.

Ah. I remembered something. Beldaran, I made an image about you after you made your last post half a year ago. I'll dig it up.

There was a custom sign generator thread. I was referring to [this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1141829&postcount=15)] pic.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Wow...17 hours ago?

Has it really been that long since somebody posted here?

That hurts my soul...we almost killed this thread.

Allow me to liven it back up...

What is your favorite animal, and why?

Icey
04-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I think GB has killed this thread for now, just because it's totally awesome and something different to do for a while. I'm sure So... will be revitalized after things have normalized a bit again.

To answer your question, I think all types of seals are pretty awesome. They can range from incredibly fat and lazy to small and playful, and I just find them rather comical. Plus they are actually rather resourceful animals as well.

DarkDragoonX
04-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Easily cats, because they are awesome.

Also, they can be hurled at somebody's face for extreme amusement. At least for the hurler. Not so much for the hurlee or the cat.

Icey
04-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Not so much for the hurlee or the cat.

Interestingly, this is exactly what makes it so amusing for the hurler. =)

The_Amaster
04-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Interesting question....

Lizards are probably up there. As are parrots. Winner probably goes to turtles, though.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-07-2008, 05:37 PM
Amaster, you were supposed to share why.

As for me, I guess giraffe's...

They are my wifes favorite animal, and I kind of just like them too. No reason other than that, really.

Pineconn
04-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Probably "mini-bears" (chipmunks), because it is just so darn fun screwing with them. And cats for the same reason.

The_Amaster
04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Oh, ummm, well, Turtles just look cool.
Take the neatness of being a reptile and add to it the awesome shell and they're just neat. :)

phattonez
04-07-2008, 07:56 PM
I was talking to someone today about vegetarians and how animals are food, and the other guy mentioned how animal activists only like cute animals. He brought up otters and I decided that I want to try one. We guessed that it would be a cross between fish and cow; I'm really interested in that flavor.

Icey
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
I would also like to eat an otter. I've eaten some stuff that's not really common (depending on where you live) like bear, ostrich, etc. I enjoy expanding my pallate. Obviously it doesn't make sense to do that if you eating an animal is going to wipe out that species (thus ensuring you can never eat it again) but animal rights isn't going to stop me from eating tasty food.

Pineconn
04-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I've honestly wondered how dog or cat tastes like. It's inhuman and inhumane to Americans, but it's supposed to be good.

...Yes, I'm quite finished.

The_Amaster
04-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Pineconn, are you quite finished?

Wait...what? Gahhh, damn you and your precognition!

Gleeok
04-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I've honestly wondered how dog or cat tastes like. It's inhuman and inhumane to Americans, but it's supposed to be good.

...Yes, I'm quite finished.

I actually tried ordering dog once at some Vietnamese restaurant, and the waitress just looked at me funny. lol. So I settled for the pho...which I really didn't like at all. I just don't get it, It's noodles in water with WAY too much salt. I couldn't even finish half of it.

Pineconn
04-07-2008, 10:50 PM
At least I'm not alone. :p

Pineconn, are you quite finished?

As a matter of fact, I'm not. This is my 3000th post. I figured I'd pull a CAD, but I don't feel like creating a new thread just for it. What color are my stars now?

Ahh, still silver. I forgot about that. What a buzzkill. }:[

phattonez
04-07-2008, 10:52 PM
Why don't you make a thread for me when I hit 4000 then? It can be a dual celebration.

Icey
04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
How about we just make a thread when you hit 1000 posts in this thread alone, phattonez? It's not really all that far off...

Then again, I'm pretty sure if you called that much attention to it this would then be moved to a no-post-count forum just to screw with you :p

phattonez
04-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Haha, this thread will never be moved to forum games. It just generates too much activity for AGN and it will die in Forum Games.

I only have 693 posts in this thread. :)

Beldaran
04-07-2008, 11:21 PM
How do you tell how many posts you have in a thread?

Pineconn
04-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Go back to the General Discussion forum and hover your mouse over the http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/images/styles/classicblack/statusicon/thread_dot_hot.gif icon. It'll tell you how many posts you made.

Something I just found out yesterday is that you can mark all threads as read for a particular forum by double-clicking any http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/images/styles/classicblack/statusicon/forum_new.gif icon on the forum index.

phattonez
04-07-2008, 11:32 PM
You can always click where it shows the number of replies in a thread. It shows who has posted in the thread and how many times.

Pineconn, how do you discover these tricks?

ctrl-alt-delete
04-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Because he spends every ounce of free time here. He is trapped. SB's jar has just gotten a little more full.

phattonez
04-08-2008, 12:21 AM
He spends more time here than I do? I have to contest that.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-08-2008, 12:22 AM
He spends more time here than I do? I have to contest that.

I never said that. Your soul is trapped too.

SB owns us all.

phattonez
04-08-2008, 12:23 AM
And all this time I thought that it was Goat's jar.

Icey
04-08-2008, 01:41 AM
So there's a weird little bug that always pops up with this thread that I usually end up ignoring, but I thought I'd mention it now to see if anyone else has experienced it. When the last post of a page is made, a new page number is displayed at the bottom. For example, phattonez posted most recently, on the bottom of page 126, but I see a link to page 127 right now (which takes me to page 126).

Of course, by posting, I'm now starting a new page so maybe none of this will make sense since you can't observe it now that I've posted.

Skulkraken
04-08-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's been like that for a while now. Is the forum's software designed to handle such huge threads?

Also, what do you think of my new avatar?

erm2003
04-08-2008, 05:18 AM
This bug has been happening for any thread here, not just this one, for quite a while now. I seem to run into it all the time, a minor annoyance but still something I hope gets fixed next time there is an update.

The_Amaster
04-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Woo-hoo, I'm in third!
Phattonez still has like 300 posts more than me or Pineconn though.

phattonez
04-08-2008, 04:52 PM
300 posts in this thread only takes a week if you do it right.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
300 posts in this thread only takes a week if you do it right.

Does that mean, "If you spam all day?" :-p

phattonez
04-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Nothing in this thread is spam.

Pineconn
04-08-2008, 05:14 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/doodles817/spam-collection-2005-04.jpg

ctrl-alt-delete
04-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Actually, there is various amounts of spam in this thread...

But I did ";)" for a reason.

http://purplehornet.com/blogger/images/sarcasm.jpg

Skulkraken
04-08-2008, 07:30 PM
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb120/doodles817/spam-collection-2005-04.jpg

Ah, Spam. It's very popular around here. People use it for everything from sushi to burgers. This is also where the "Hot and Spicy" version of it was first introduced. According to my dad, the first batch of the spicy Spam was *incredibly* spicy. My dad in the past has been able to drink entire bottles of Tabasco like it's just water, but the Spam was so hot he couldn't handle more than a tiny piece at a time. The current spicy Spam on sale is apparently much, much milder.

[Monty Python]
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam,
Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam!
[/Monty Python]

The_Amaster
04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Ohhhhhh
We dine well here in Camelot,
we eat ham and jam and spamalot!

Aegix Drakan
04-08-2008, 10:01 PM
...I know what I'm going to go get the next time I pass by the grocery store...

:eat:

Beldaran
04-08-2008, 10:08 PM
My options have been set to 100 posts per page for years, so this thread is only 32 pages for me.

Aliem
04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Spam sushi, eh? That sounds gross as hell.

Pineconn
04-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Now to bring substance to this thread...

http://www.rhodesbread.com/SeasonalPages/images/CloverLeafRoll.jpg

Discuss!

DarkDragoonX
04-08-2008, 11:56 PM
I just got a strange craving for dinner rolls and I don't know why. Weird.

Shazza Dani
04-09-2008, 12:43 AM
None for me, thanks. I had a bagel a little while ago.

Majora
04-09-2008, 08:24 AM
http://latis.ex.ac.uk/cfarchive/muffin.jpg
New idol to worship ^

Muffinz ftw.

ShadowTiger
04-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Top of the muffin' to ya m'lords.

On the somewhat previous topic of sushi; Been attempting to fabricate my own recently. After all's said and done, the most difficult part of it, I think, is making the sushi rice correctly. The next most difficult part of it is getting it not to glom up into some sort of ball that doesn't look like sushi.

I'm taking popsicle sticks, slicing the rounded tops and bottoms off, and slicing them all through the middle to form the mat pieces, and then threading three long strands of dental floss through the top, middle, and bottom. Dental floss is pretty strong stuff, so it makes for a good binding structure. Tie it several times at each end, and you've got yourself a wonderful mat to squish it into that cylindrical shape.

Be sure to smoosh the rice very, very thinly on the mat. Most people, when they make it, tend to just squish a big clump around a bit, and when it's rolled up, it feels like it's 95% rice, 5% "WTF was that?" If you can actually find the nori (seaweed wrap sheets.) in stores, the more power to ya bro. I think you can order it over the internet, but it's expensive.

But damn, if I could only find some of that spicy tuna ... ... That stuff is so good. >.< Otherwise, it's Avocado rolls and California rolls for me. I do have the salmon easily available, (I'm Jewish. :D ) but I do fear parasites and all that, though Kosher food is specifically kosher due to the inherent lack of them. Jews are more paranoid about food than you could ever possibly hope to imagine. At least the Chassidic and possibly Orthodox ones are.

phattonez
04-09-2008, 04:03 PM
So what do you guys do when you get a blister? I got one from bowling and I'm trying to get it to go down since I need it every week, but for the past two weeks it's really been screwing with my release. Is there any way to mitigate this besides using baby powder to increase slide?

The_Amaster
04-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Look for a cream called Desitin in the baby products aisle. It might help. (And no, don't ask how I know this)

Pineconn
04-09-2008, 05:08 PM
Get moleskin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_skin). It works wonders. Make sure you take a sterilized needle and poke the blister at the bottom to drain the pus.

Breaker
04-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Nanook has more awesome in his left paw than all of you combined.

Pineconn
04-10-2008, 08:32 PM
Perhaps, but I have more awesomeness in my right hand's fingers than everyone in the world combined.

Here's proof. (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/arcade.php?do=scores&gameid=109)

Sam Atoms
04-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Remember, not so long ago when it seemed like everybody and their cousin typed on one of these things?

http://www.wayodd.com/funny-pictures2/funny-pictures-the-leet-keyboard-0UZ.jpg

Yeah, me neither.

The_Amaster
04-10-2008, 09:01 PM
It seems like they kinda still do. Or at least never capitilize their i's, have never heard of a comma or period, and tend to make really unfounded and angry observations!!!1

*proudly* But AGN seems to attract and retain a higher level of thought.

Nice pic, by the way. :thumbsup: Although the angle on the "Simpsons Quote" button is slightly off.

Pineconn
04-11-2008, 06:50 PM
!!!1

Lol.

Tacos, refried beans, and Mexican rice.... That describes my dinner today. Complete excellence.

phattonez
04-13-2008, 02:24 AM
Does this forum just die when I'm not around? I mean usually Saturdays are pretty bad in terms of activity, but today just seemed dead. I mean, there couldn't have been more than 10 posts in non-ZC forums today. I'm sorry guys, I'll return to my normal schedule Monday.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-13-2008, 02:31 AM
Does this forum just die when I'm not around? I mean usually Saturdays are pretty bad in terms of activity, but today just seemed dead. I mean, there couldn't have been more than 10 posts in non-ZC forums today. I'm sorry guys, I'll return to my normal schedule Monday.

You're right, you are just awesome.

Actually, it is probably because I have not been around...

My buddy, Firstwizzedd or whatever the fuck(AKA Jeff), went on vacation this week...so I have been covering his schedule.

Over two weeks, no day off. Plus, I have been getting drunk...

Tonight, I had about 20 ounces of Captain Morgan.

God...I love Captain Morgan.

I am about to pass the fuck out. Later.

phattonez
04-13-2008, 02:32 AM
I like to make myself feel important, thanks for the vote of confidence.

ctrl-alt-delete
04-13-2008, 02:36 AM
I like to make myself feel important, thanks for the vote of confidence.

No problem.

Man...I am so trashed. I wish this place were more active all the time...

Thinking about the old days makes me sad. I just wish everyone would come back and see how much this place has changed.

Damn everyone who got lives and left AGN behind! I am married to a beautiful woman, and I still visit this place everyday.

Seriously...

I am playing Professor Layton. Anybody got this game? Fun as fuck...especially drunk.

"I think I've got it!!! *Error Noise*"

/me is going to get a second NDS for his wife soon, and another R4.

phattonez
04-13-2008, 02:37 AM
We might as well be in AIM; this conversation sounds just like that. I mean just a dialogue between two people for the world to share. I feel great!

Skulkraken
04-13-2008, 03:27 AM
...I'm still here...

I just can't think of very much to talk about. >_< The forum version of writer's block, I guess.

phattonez
04-13-2008, 03:32 AM
It's the forum's version of it's past midnight and everyone is asleep and you should be too. So go to sleep. Nothing to see here yet.

Skulkraken
04-13-2008, 03:35 AM
Actually, where I am, it's only 5:35 PM.

phattonez
04-13-2008, 04:17 AM
But who lives in Guam? Seriously, might as well live under the ocean.

Actually, how is Guam? I know next to nothing about it.

Skulkraken
04-13-2008, 04:47 AM
Guam's alright. It's pretty similar to Hawaii, albeit with more Spanish and Asian influence (and less surfing). The other big difference is that we aren't allowed to vote in the presidential elections. We pay taxes, are subject to Selective Service and the draft, and follow US laws, but we aren't allowed to vote. Puerto Rico's in pretty much the same position too.

Gleeok
04-13-2008, 07:03 AM
Post number 3288 ftw1! This is ther best thread ever. It's gotta be approachingh some kind of record. Personally I'd rather live in Guam than under the sea, what swrong with Guam. ....Actually where the hell is Guam? Man, you're gonnz have to fill us in. Nobody here apparently knows anything about it.. It sounds like it'd be erellyt humid there. My mom is crazy. SHe's this Huge Bon Jovi fan and travels around with her friends and goes to shows like twice a month...wtf? Well as embarrased as I am of that I'm really happy for her... She works too much and needs to have fun. I hadrly ever egt to see her anymore. Alright then it's 4;00am im going to bed now.

edit; oopos its post 3188, maybe I need glases

The_Amaster
04-13-2008, 08:43 AM
I am playing Professor Layton. Anybody got this game? Fun as fuck
Hellz yeah! That games awesome.

And yeah, I know what you mean about small conversations. I remember late at night a few weeks ago Pineconn, Phattonez and myself racked up like two pages just talking.

(Phattonez, your new avatar is the exact image I used for my MySpace avatar back when I still used MySpace. Creepy)

phattonez
04-13-2008, 12:52 PM
The other big difference is that we aren't allowed to vote in the presidential elections. We pay taxes, are subject to Selective Service and the draft, and follow US laws, but we aren't allowed to vote.

It sucks to be you.
It sucks to be you.

Yeah, hopefully you know that song.

Amaster, don't mess with my head like that. It's just weird. :scared:

Pineconn
04-14-2008, 04:01 PM
(Phattonez, your new avatar is the exact image I used for my MySpace avatar back when I still used MySpace. Creepy)

Haha, you used to use MySpace.

I don't touch that place with a 10-foot pole. All the comments are...

hey, y don't u comment me nemore?

or...

yaa u hott

or my favorite...

omg i remember when we cried together, thx for helping me get thru those times, ur my best friend

Only a few steps above 4chan in my opinion. Of course, this is just my school. I'm sure some cliques of MySpace members function the same as us.

phattonez
04-14-2008, 08:44 PM
At least I'm not alone. :p

As a matter of fact, I'm not. This is my 3000th post. I figured I'd pull a CAD, but I don't feel like creating a new thread just for it. What color are my stars now?

Ahh, still silver. I forgot about that. What a buzzkill. }:[

Why don't you make a thread for me when I hit 4000 then? It can be a dual celebration.

Where's my thread?

Breaker
04-15-2008, 06:58 AM
http://i30.tinypic.com/2upu8ax.jpg

I've been looking for this painting for the better part of 3 years and finally found a remake of it over the internet and got it framed and put up in my living room... I'm still orgasming. It's called "Beat the Whites with the Red Wedge" and it's art straight out of the russian revolution. It also inspired the Peacekeeper logo from Farscape! :-D

The only thing I'm worried about is that it might be a little too small for that wall... It's only 32x23 or something like that. I'm still loving it though.

moocow
04-15-2008, 07:21 AM
Your couch looks comfy. I'm jealous. Mine is ghetto.

Breaker
04-15-2008, 07:23 AM
you can crash on it whenever you want, mookie.

moocow
04-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Sweet. I'll hit you up next time I'm in Florida.

You do still live in Florida, right?

Breaker
04-16-2008, 02:57 AM
Sweet. I'll hit you up next time I'm in Florida.

You do still live in Florida, right?

Yeah, you'd love Nanook too. Come hang out with us! Speaking of Nanook, here are some more pictures of our day.. and if you're sick of seeing pictures of my dog, too bad.

http://i30.tinypic.com/24l3r6u.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/9ar8f9.jpg

That pretty much sums up what he did to EVERY dog in the park.

Zaphod Q. IX
04-16-2008, 03:11 AM
Yeah, you'd love Nanook too. Come hang out with us!

I'll be down in a few weeks...and I'm bringing the two year old demon-child. ;)

That pretty much sums up what he did to EVERY dog in the park.
He's a dog. What do you expect?

:-P

moocow
04-16-2008, 07:24 AM
Yeah, you'd love Nanook too. Come hang out with us!

I want to take Bladen to a beach this summer, but unfortunately, I don't think I can afford to drive to Florida :( Boooo to being poor.

Here's Bladen's new kitty:

http://a600.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_d2d0c1e1e36a998c60c6fb2b3fc7b667.jpg

Sorry, just a crappy cell phone pic. Her name is Carmen :)

Breaker
04-16-2008, 09:06 AM
your kitten is awesome, moo. its too bad im allergic to them, or else nanook would totally have a little feline friend. they're my kryptonite.. as cute as they are deadly.

rock_nog
04-16-2008, 10:16 AM
Alright, any more of these pics and I'm liable to explode with cute-pet-overload! Dang, I'm just counting down the days until I can get out of this campus apartment and into a real place that'll allow me to own a cat.

mrz84
04-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Very cute kitten moo. Makes me wish I had one instead of 4 dogs. :kitty:

phattonez
04-17-2008, 01:26 AM
The activity of this thread just keeps plummeting and plummeting.

So what are you doing tomorrow? I have the day off so I think I'll study for the 2 midterms I have on Monday and start the paper is due, coincidentally, on Monday.

Icey
04-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Tomorrow I'm not doing jack except going to classes. I finished all my homework in the early part of the week... and I'm feeling dead right now.

phattonez
04-17-2008, 01:49 AM
You don't have any midterms next week?

Dechipher
04-17-2008, 02:17 AM
I want to take Bladen to a beach this summer, but unfortunately, I don't think I can afford to drive to Florida :( Boooo to being poor.

Here's Bladen's new kitty:

http://a600.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/24/l_d2d0c1e1e36a998c60c6fb2b3fc7b667.jpg

Sorry, just a crappy cell phone pic. Her name is Carmen :)

That cat is way cute, btw.

Icey
04-17-2008, 02:19 AM
You don't have any midterms next week?

For some reason, my first midterms are in week 5. Even in the classes I have two midterms in.

So, no. I am just gonna relax this week. My roomate, actually, has a midterm tomorrow.

Russ
04-17-2008, 10:32 AM
Wow, I leave for two weeks, and this thread's activity goes down this much. I am ashamed of you people. Well, I'm back from my Italian vacation now. Did I miss anything big?

phattonez
04-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about that part of your sig. Well you were here for April Fool's, but I think you missed GB opening up for good. You should go take a look at that.

And apparently more things are in store, but we don't get to know yet.

Aegix Drakan
04-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Tomorrow? I'm going to work at my internship place.

...:( I miss school. I miss being able to walk around between classes to see my friends. Now, all I got is a one hour lunch break, and there is NO ONE my age here.

...and the weather here is going nuts. During this week, we went from single digits below zero to "you can walk around in T-shirts" weather. 0_o oh, and there's still snow on the ground.

Breaker
04-17-2008, 01:32 PM
I just bought a complete set of Farscape figurines off eBay. I've never really been one for collecting, but I'm a huge fan of this show and it was a really good deal. They go for almost $30-40 a piece now on other websites and are no longer being produced.

http://www.trollandtoad.com/Toys-(Plush,-Figures-&-More!)/1072-484p1n10.html

http://i28.tinypic.com/e9gacw.jpg

This one specifically is going anywhere from $50-150. I'm waiting for it to pop up on eBay.

Pineconn
04-17-2008, 03:40 PM
So what are you doing tomorrow?

Tomorrow the entire high school band (including myself) is shoving off to Chicago, IL to compete Saturday morning. We'll be doing other activities, including seeing the Blue Man Group and shopping at the Magnificent Mile. So I'll be gone all day Friday through Sunday.

phattonez
04-17-2008, 03:43 PM
The Magnificent Mile? Is that Chicago's Poor Man's version of the Miracle Mile?

For some reason UCLA decided to have all the lights on like it's day here. It's confusing the hell out of me, talk about overkill with the light.

Pineconn
04-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure. We'll be shopping at the Water Tower Place along the Magnificent Mile, also.

phattonez
04-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Well really, I know nothing about Chicago, so what are all of these places?

Breaker
04-18-2008, 03:50 AM
http://nanookers.ytmnd.com/

let nanook hypnotize you to sleep.

Icey
04-18-2008, 04:01 AM
That is an awesome picture. And with that ambient sound in the background, I really do feel like he just wants me... to... sleep...

phattonez
04-18-2008, 04:27 PM
So there's some sort of gay wedding going on at UCLA today . . . I don't know much about it. Just the other day we had Tibetans and Chinese protesting at the same time. This is not the week to walk down Bruin Walk.

Icey
04-18-2008, 04:48 PM
I never see any of that stupid crap because I learned very early on there are much better ways to walk around campus without getting accosted by assholes with an agenda. And when I do get approached by said assholes elsewhere, I just tell them "Nope, don't care" or something.

Example:
Asshole: "learn about AIDS in africa!"
Me: "Don't care"
People nearby: *self-righteous gasp*

Seriously though, all the spammers on campus don't actually do anything to solve problems, they just passively show support and publicize the issue. At the end of the day, that alone doesn't do anything except annoy people.

phattonez
04-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Yeah, that's mostly what the environmentalist movement is among young people. My technique for dealing with them is to not even pay attention. But then you get some people that point you out and talk to you and it's really hard to get away from those people (those are the best at annoying you, and they are invariably the best because those are the ones who are hitting you up for money).

Unfortunately, I'm forced to go past them pretty much everyday because I have a class in PAB and there is no better way there.

The_Amaster
04-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Example:

Seriously though, all the spammers on campus don't actually do anything to solve problems, they just passively show support and publicize the issue.

College know-it-all hippies. The most dangerous kind.

Russ
04-19-2008, 12:00 AM
I swear, something is wrong with the weather here. Last week, it was 80 degrees. Now, it's snowing. It's like God can't make up his mind whether or not to make summer come, or keep us in winter.

Pineconn
04-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Duuuude. I'm in Chicago right now posting on someone's PDA. Be back Monday. :p

Shazza Dani
04-19-2008, 12:08 AM
Yay Chicago! I want to take a trip there this summer with some friends for Terminus (http://www.terminus2008.org/), but it's too damn expensive.

phattonez
04-19-2008, 01:53 AM
Has anyone noticed that GB has been weird lately? There's not bitching going on and it all the postings seem like they belong in GD or Think Tank.

And now I'll be back to The Truman Show.

Icey
04-19-2008, 03:43 AM
Has anyone noticed that GB has been weird lately? There's not bitching going on and it all the postings seem like they belong in GD or Think Tank.

Nope, no one else realized, despite me making a thread about it ;)

Actually Decipher had a good point in that thread. The advantage to having a discussion in GB that could have been made in Think Tank, GD, or somewhere else, is that if you end up wanting to flame someone, you can.

Sam Atoms
04-19-2008, 05:34 AM
I never see any of that stupid crap because I learned very early on there are much better ways to walk around campus without getting accosted by assholes with an agenda. And when I do get approached by said assholes elsewhere, I just tell them "Nope, don't care" or something.

Example:

Seriously though, all the spammers on campus don't actually do anything to solve problems, they just passively show support and publicize the issue. At the end of the day, that alone doesn't do anything except annoy people.

Wow, and I thought this gobbledegook only happened up here in Berkeley.

The_Amaster
04-19-2008, 09:56 AM
I swear, something is wrong with the weather here. Last week, it was 80 degrees. Now, it's snowing. It's like God can't make up his mind whether or not to make summer come, or keep us in winter.
I think we traded weather. Not that I'm complaining. :D

Russ
04-19-2008, 10:57 AM
I think we traded weather. Not that I'm complaining. :D
I am. It rained during the night, and now instead of having real snow, we just have slush everywhere. :(

rock_nog
04-19-2008, 11:38 AM
Wow, and I thought this gobbledegook only happened up here in Berkeley.
Nah, that's pretty much standard for any campus, really. Back when I was in college, we had problems with asshats who kept smashing the Coke machines. Really pissed the rest of us off, and we never even really got the point they were trying to make. It was all over these Coca-Cola union leaders in Colombia who got offed. What that had to do with smashing Coke machines, I'll never know. I mean, I don't think the Coca-Cola CEO personally flew down to Colombia and shot the guys himself. But for some reason, this group of students was boycotting Coke, and got all pissy that the rest of us didn't give a crap, thus resulting in the smashed Coke machines in an attempt to force the rest of us to join in on their idiotic crusade against... Colombians, as far as I can tell.

At any rate, my group of friends and I exacted our revenge, in that whenever we were enjoying a tall, ice-cold glass of Coca-Cola in the cafeteria or whatever, we would always make a point of very loudly professing our love of Coke and how Colombian union worker blood just gives it that wonderful extra kick. And then there was that time we made a large display out of Coke cans in one of the dorm hallways. Fight asshattery with asshattery, I always say.

Pineconn
04-19-2008, 05:57 PM
And now I'm at an Apple store alongside the Magnificent Mile. :evil:

This is a nice laptop.

phattonez
04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
Is it one of those new super flat ones?

Icey
04-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Fight asshattery with asshattery, I always say.

This explains quite a lot.

rock_nog
04-19-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey, it's the only language those coke-machine-breaking bastards understand. Imagine this - it's 1:00 in the morning. You're thirsty. You're sleepy. You're working on a major paper. And you can't get any freakin' Coke because some jackass decided to break the machine to make some pointless political statement!

Dann Woolf
04-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Fight asshattery with asshattery, I always say.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

The_Amaster
04-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Ah, but you do not have to prove...er, make a right, you just have to negate the wrong. ;)

Aegix Drakan
04-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yeah, but three lefts do! :sly:

rock_nog
04-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah, but three lefts do! :sly:
Oy... The animation currently in Breaker's signature sums up exactly how I feel right now.

Russ
04-19-2008, 09:33 PM
And now I'm at an Apple store alongside the Magnificent Mile. :evil:

This is a nice laptop.
Is it a MaC Book Air? I heard bad things about those.

phattonez
04-19-2008, 09:35 PM
I don't know much about them. What have people been complaining about?

Icey
04-19-2008, 09:36 PM
Actually I always fight asshatery with asshatery when it comes to those moron spammers on campus. They're not really worth the time of day. So I get where you're coming from, rock_nog.

Actually it's interesting because in some cases where I might otherwise support a certain view or movement, if the other supporters are really annoying I might go out of my way to oppose whatever they're preaching. For example: many protesters around here think it's a good idea to block a lane on a busy street and/or block a major freeway entrance. This is incredibly annoying, and everytime it happens, I vow to do everything in my power to stop whatever they want to happen from happening.

phattonez
04-19-2008, 09:43 PM
I've only seen people who support immigrant rights do that. Has anyone else done that?

Icey
04-19-2008, 09:48 PM
Actually the only times I've ever seen it happen were near elections where they were supporters of one proposition or another. I think I'd heard about some immigrants rights supporters doing that, but never came across them myself.

rock_nog
04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
On our campus, when the Iraq war first started, we had a big group develop on one side of the street to protest the war. Another big group formed on the opposite side of the street to support the war. A third group gathered off to the side, calling for the truth about alien abductions to be revealed. I loved the third group.

Though that didn't actually involve traffic-blocking, I will say, the only time anyone blocks traffic around here is over the war.

Breaker
04-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Coming this Halloween, the Nanook Costume!!!1

Simply download and print this picture of Nanook's face HERE (http://i25.tinypic.com/umxkk.jpg). Poke holes on either side and tie a string through. BAM, instant Nanook Mask.

Results:

http://i25.tinypic.com/25gtqx4.jpg

Icey
04-19-2008, 09:57 PM
Breaker obviously really loves his dog.

rock_nog
04-19-2008, 10:01 PM
Well, obviously. How could you have a dog and not really love it? Unless it was a really stupid dog, but even then, they can sometimes be endearing despite their stupidity.

phattonez
04-19-2008, 10:02 PM
It's very possible. You've never heard of animal cruelty have you?

Breaker
04-19-2008, 10:03 PM
I suffer from a case of severe boredom and he fills that hole quite nicely. And if any of you looked at that picture and didn't atleast laugh a little bit, you don't have a soul and will probably burn in hell. Hell is a lot like Think Tank where you will constantly argue whether or not it exists for eternity.