PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Pineconn
03-13-2008, 05:29 PM
http://humanities.uchicago.edu/depts/ishu/images/tmos1-3.jpg

http://www.michaelshelley.net/jay.jpg

http://www.carnegielearning.com/images/headshot_jsherman.jpg

http://www.lifecareassurance.com/images/officers/sherman_jay.jpg

I don't even know what Jay Sherman looks like, so I can't guarantee all of those are him. :shrug:

phattonez
03-13-2008, 05:31 PM
I was thinking more like this guy.

http://www.popkornjunkie.com/images/sherman.jpg

erm2003
03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
LOL Pineconn. Totally went the wrong way with that one.

Jay Sherman was the main character on the cartoon series The Critic. Awesome show.

The_Amaster
03-13-2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, that's what I got when I Googled it, but it was too big for AGN, and I didn't feel like downloading it and shrinking it.

phattonez
03-13-2008, 05:34 PM
I didn't shrink anything, that was the first picture that I had found.

And now I think that I'm gonna go to sleep while listening to The Doors.

Pineconn
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
LOL Pineconn. Totally went the wrong way with that one.

Jay Sherman was the main character on the cartoon series The Critic. Awesome show.

Oh. I knew that. ...Yeah.

No, Amaster! How could you join the avatar confusion!?

The_Amaster
03-13-2008, 05:35 PM
No, I mean for an avatar it was too big.

And yes, sleep, sleep, sleep....
Nowwww, tellll mee wheeeere youuuur monnneeeeyyy issssss...

EDIT: Damn, responsive posts make no sense if other people post in the 30 seconds between them.

Pineconn
03-13-2008, 05:36 PM
No, I mean for an avatar it was too big.

No, I meant that you took russadwan's avatar. ;)

The_Amaster
03-13-2008, 05:39 PM
See, that's what I mean. I was actually responding to Phattonez's post with the picture where he said he didn't need to shrink it.

This is fun, though.:)

phattonez
03-13-2008, 06:02 PM
And I think that you killed it RUSS!

Yeah, I'm back awake, that didn't take any time at all.

Aegix Drakan
03-13-2008, 11:12 PM
..This is madness...THIS! IS! SO...!

/me dives into bunker, holding onto his Sonic avatar

>_> I'm not gonna let myself be confused with others.

...and man...maybe we need Pineconn-Lolz to come back with that same avatar as pineconn. Then we'd have TRIPLE avatars!

...My head is hurting...

phattonez
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
I think that we all stick with our avatars for too long. Maybe we should all change our avatars at once so that we can ween ourselves off of this addiction.

I have about 7 pages of this 7 page essay due. Ahh, working ahead feels good. Now I just need a conclusion.

Russ
03-14-2008, 12:30 AM
I think that we all stick with our avatars for too long. Maybe we should all change our avatars at once so that we can ween ourselves off of this addiction.

Yes, that's a good idea. I see Pineconn has changed his back, so I will as well. How about in a week, we all change ours.

phattonez
03-14-2008, 12:50 AM
I will do it only if I can get my old Jay Sherman avatar.

I did this whole paper in about 2 hours, and it's taking me 3 hours just to fix the last 3 pages. :rolleyes:

Russ
03-14-2008, 01:39 AM
I will do it only if I can get my old Jay Sherman avatar.

It's all right with me. Now we just need to get everyone else to agree. Getting Amaster to agree shouldn't be too difficult.

phattonez
03-14-2008, 01:40 AM
What about Bel and Breaker? Those avatars are classics.

Russ
03-14-2008, 10:56 AM
What about Bel and Breaker? Those avatars are classics.
They can keep theirs. Those go under the catergory of "unchangable avatars".

The_Amaster
03-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Yeah,I change every week, week and a half anyway, so kein problem.

phattonez
03-15-2008, 01:25 AM
Really? I always remember you with your Sonic avatar.

I feel like sleeping, no one is really online anyway. There's nothing better than milk right before you go to sleep. Seriously.

Icey
03-15-2008, 01:59 AM
Milk is disgusting. Seriously.

Yeah this place is pretty boring lately. Oh well, at least I still have college basketball, apartment searching, and finals to keep me busy. So it's not too bad.

Russ
03-15-2008, 02:11 AM
I feel like sleeping, no one is really online anyway. There's nothing better than milk right before you go to sleep. Seriously.
Oh really? Go to the movie theater, and eat two jumbo sized popcorn tubs. I feel so fat and tired (which is ironic, because in reality, I'm skinny and energetic).

On a side note, you should have seen what mass chaos I accidently caused at Pure ZC by switching to the Master Sword icon. The last two days there were days to remember.

rock_nog
03-15-2008, 02:41 AM
Hell man... Screw sleep - sometimes, I feel like the only reason I sleep is that I'm bored. I really hate how much of my time is taken up by sleeping.

Aegix Drakan
03-15-2008, 10:54 AM
WOOT!

I FINALLY MANAGED TO SCORE A WII!!!

:P got up at 5:45, hopped on a bus, and spent...*counts* almost 3 hours staning outside the door of the store in the cold. My toes are almost dead, but WHOOO!!! WII!

...now I just need to finish this mountain of work and I can use it...

Russ
03-15-2008, 11:14 AM
WOOT!

I FINALLY MANAGED TO SCORE A WII!!!

Wow. Congratulations!

The_Amaster
03-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Woo-Hoo, way to go Aegix!

phattonez
03-15-2008, 12:17 PM
So was it really worth waiting that long just to get a Wii?

Aegix Drakan
03-15-2008, 03:00 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I get a chance to Paly Brawl on it. :P But so far, I'm thinking yes.

The_Amaster
03-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Yes. Just..yes. It will be worth it, trust me. With Brawl, theres not even any question.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-15-2008, 03:41 PM
So was it really worth waiting that long just to get a Wii?

...I camped outside of Wal-mart...WAL-MART, MIND YOU...for 37 hours with a bunch of nerdy fanboys to get a Wii.

Yes. It was worth it. Sub-freezing temperatures and all.

Russ
03-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I get a chance to Paly Brawl on it. :P But so far, I'm thinking yes.
If you have Brawl, it's worth it.

FirstWizZedd45
03-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I have been debating on getting a Wii since launch. Given that I already own a 360, and having access to a friend's console I did'nt feel the need. With the premiere of Brawl onto the scene, I think I just might get a Wii now... So yeah... definately worth it to more than one person!

Icey
03-15-2008, 05:00 PM
I have a Wii (have had one since like a month after launch) and while I thought it was really cool at first I have basically not touched it for most of the time I've had it. Playing wii sports with friends was fun at first but there aren't many games worth playing for the wii. Twilight princess wasn't very good in my opinion but I played it anyway. MP3 was decent but not terribly exciting considering I played MP2 right before and it was almost the same game. Super Mario Galaxy was thoroughly enjoyable and I only have good things to say about it. I haven't gotten Brawl yet.

But yeah, if you don't have a Wii, don't sweat it... if you're anything like me, you'll probably just let it collect dust once you own it.

Russ
03-15-2008, 05:49 PM
But yeah, if you don't have a Wii, don't sweat it... if you're anything like me, you'll probably just let it collect dust once you own it.
I've owned a Wii since the Christmas after it came out, and it hasn't collected any dust. That system is awesome!

Dann Woolf
03-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Gee, it sure is /b/ around here.

phattonez
03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Please never make the comparison again. This is nothing like that hell of a website.

Dann Woolf
03-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Please never make the comparison again. This is nothing like that hell of a website.

First of all, 4chan's not that bad a place. It's just /b/ that you need to avoid like the plague.

Second, /b/ is the "random" board on 4chan, and this is a random topic. I couldn't help making the connection.

The_Amaster
03-15-2008, 07:47 PM
OMG!! WII IS TEH R0XORZ!
If u say otherwise, u is a nintendo hater and a halo luver!

(For those that can't tell, yes this is sarcasm. I love the Wii, but I'm not a die-hard small minded fanboy)

phattonez
03-15-2008, 08:06 PM
Typical post on /b/. "YOU RAFF U RUSE. HAHAHA!"

Typical post on So... "Milk is disgusting. Seriously."

DarkDragoonX
03-15-2008, 08:07 PM

Well, it is.

phattonez
03-15-2008, 08:10 PM
No. Non-fat milk is disgusting. It's like tainted water. Low-fat milk is one of the best drinks ever.

The_Amaster
03-15-2008, 09:33 PM
I personally drink whole milk. Builds strong bones! :D

phattonez
03-15-2008, 10:19 PM
Makes you fatter than a cow too.

Prrkitty
03-15-2008, 10:49 PM
1% or 2% is good for the bones. Young children (under 15) should drink whole milk... their bones need it. After 15... the lower fat milk will do just as good.

Pineconn
03-15-2008, 10:50 PM
First of all, 4chan's not that bad a place. It's just /b/ that you need to avoid like the plague.

Second, /b/ is the "random" board on 4chan, and this is a random topic. I couldn't help making the connection.

Just for the heck of it, I went on the 4chan forums, clicked around a little, washed my eyeballs, and turned back.

If anyone has an ounce of decency, take my warning: Never visit that site. Ever.

The_Amaster
03-15-2008, 11:32 PM
O...kay...
Yeah, we may be random, but at least when we decide on a random topic we stick with it for 5-10 posts and try to have (somewhat) meaningful discussion.
That site is just...stupid.

phattonez
03-15-2008, 11:55 PM
1% or 2% is good for the bones. Young children (under 15) should drink whole milk... their bones need it. After 15... the lower fat milk will do just as good.

Hmm, I never knew that. I've always been used to 2%. It's too bad that kids these days just hate milk completely.

Pineconn
03-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I drink 2% white milk every day at school. A lot of people head straight for the chocolate/strawberry/vanilla milk, unfortunately. (Even though a flavored milk is good every once in a while.)

phattonez
03-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Yes, definitely nothing wrong with strawberry milk.

Vanilla milk? That really exists? Doesn't it just taste like regular milk?

Pineconn
03-16-2008, 12:14 AM
No, it tastes like melted vanilla ice cream, actually. For a more accurate description, it tastes like white milk with vanilla flavoring. :p It's pretty good, but it gets sickening if you drink it more than two days in a row (like I used to a few years ago).

Icey
03-16-2008, 02:05 AM
There are these ice blended drinks we can get on campus with our meal plan that aren't that bad. There's one called pure vanilla that I imagine tastes somewhat like you described, Pineconn, although a lot more surgary. It's weird because it seems light but it's full of sugar and you feel like crap after finishing one :p

The_Amaster
03-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I used to take chocolate all the time, but recently I've switched to 2% because I'm sick of chocolate.
Plus at our school, (maybe at others, I dunno) you get Milk and a Juice cup. The apple stuff is corn syrup in a container, but the orange is actually pretty good.

Dann Woolf
03-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Typical post on /b/. "YOU RAFF U RUSE. HAHAHA!"

/b/

There's the problem. Don't fucking judge all of 4chan by /b/. That's like judging all the cooks in the world by the single worst chef of all time.

Sure, there are trolls and underaged morons on other parts of the site, but you can't tell me that's something unique to 4chan.

phattonez
03-16-2008, 11:15 AM
Wow, it looks like someone is taking that a little bit personally.

Dann Woolf
03-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Wow, it looks like someone is taking that a little bit personally.

Sorry, I just can't stand it when everyone judges 4chan by /b/ alone.

phattonez
03-16-2008, 11:26 AM
Well it is the most popular part of that website . . .

Dann Woolf
03-16-2008, 11:35 AM
Well it is the most popular part of that website . . .

So you're the kind of guy who judges the whole thing by the biggest part, and calls it a day?

Try visiting other parts of 4chan. Not every board fails as hard as /b/ does.

Oh, and why are you calling it "that website"? Saying "4chan" won't hurt, y'know.

phattonez
03-16-2008, 11:36 AM
I'm calling it "that website" because everybody knows what we're talking about. No need to reiterate.

Aegix Drakan
03-16-2008, 11:41 AM
:P I mostly have regular milk (A cup and a half every day at breakfast)

But when I visit my grandma she likes to make strawberry milk for me and my brother ( I don't like strawberries, but the milk is good, for some reason.) (oh, and she's recently started to give me tea with an unhealthy amount of sugar in it :o )

I really like chocolate milk, buuut....>_> When I have couble chocolate muffins 5 days of the week...uh...that's too much chocolate already. Adding chocolate milk would make it impossible to take a dump.

phattonez
03-16-2008, 11:46 AM
It's probably because those aren't real strawberries in chocolate milk. It's pretty much straight sugar.

Dann Woolf
03-16-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm calling it "that website" because everybody knows what we're talking about. No need to reiterate.

Let's flip this bitch around.

In a discussion about you, would you be OK with everyone referring to you as "that guy"? I mean, everyone would know it's you they're talking about, no need to reiterate, right?

If you're going to talk about something, refer to it by its name. That's just the done thing.

phattonez
03-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I still say you're taking this way too seriously. I'm a person, a website is a thing. There is a huge difference. And if I'm not present, then sure, call me that guy, call me he, it only makes more sense.

erm2003
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Pronouns were created for a reason. For now on, let's just call that site IT. Less typing.

Brasel
03-16-2008, 12:39 PM
I am so friggen bored...so bored that I lolcatted my wifes cat and my stepmom's cat.

Wife's cat:
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=773362

Stepmom's cat:
http://mine.icanhascheezburger.com/view.aspx?ciid=773389

not really that funny, but I like the pictures.

Pineconn
03-16-2008, 01:46 PM
Haha, those pictures are great. We don't have a cat, but a neighbor's cat frequently stops by. I like to mess with it. :evil:

Oh, and 4chan has a record of notoriety (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan#Media_attention). Much more so than AGN.

phattonez
03-16-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah, we don't have any hackers/racists/everything bad here. Just atheists. ;)

DarkDragoonX
03-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Let's flip this bitch around.

In a discussion about you, would you be OK with everyone referring to you as "that guy"? I mean, everyone would know it's you they're talking about, no need to reiterate, right?

If you're going to talk about something, refer to it by its name. That's just the done thing.

From now on, my name for you is "that guy."

phattonez
03-16-2008, 06:16 PM
Haha, so I'm making some popcorn right now. "IT" smells so good. "That bag" must be full of butter.

Aegix Drakan
03-16-2008, 10:11 PM
...lol...

On friday, I had some super buttered popcorn made from one of those old school popcorn machines on wheels.

:P as I scarfed down the delishous snack, I said "mmm...fat content..."

...And my friend next to me thought I was talking about this girl on an Anime Club poster, for some reason...

phattonez
03-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Umm, fat anime chick who's buttery? Whaaaaaaaa?

Icey
03-17-2008, 01:25 AM
So you're the kind of guy who judges the whole thing by the biggest part, and calls it a day?

Try visiting other parts of 4chan. Not every board fails as hard as /b/ does.

Oh, and why are you calling it "that website"? Saying "4chan" won't hurt, y'know.

Welcome to another edition of "unnecessarily pissed off guy easily offended at perceived insults to someone or something else".

Tune in tomorrow when he will undoubtedly swear at me for poking fun at the ridiculous nature of his previous post.

phattonez
03-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Nah, he'll probably all give us negative rep for disagreeing with him. Maybe AGN has a reputation for not liking n00bs not because we're elitist but because they're just stupid. I mean, we usually accept the cool ones. The really bad ones we rag on.

Dann Woolf
03-17-2008, 06:49 AM
You wouldn't like it if people judged all of AGN by the single worst part of it, would you?

Aegix Drakan
03-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Umm, fat anime chick who's buttery? Whaaaaaaaa?

...>_> he was looking at the poster when I said "mmmm...Fat content", so he was confused, thinking I was saying the girl was fat (which she wasn't)

Skulkraken
03-17-2008, 09:17 AM
You wouldn't like it if people judged all of AGN by the single worst part of it, would you?

No, I don't think I'd like it if people judged AGN based solely on you. :P In all honesty, I'd think that the Zelda Classic sections would be what most people judge AGN on. After all, isn't it what causes most people to end up here in the first place?

--------------------------

Has anyone here heard about the whole war against the Church of Scientology? I've been wanting to get involved ever since I found out how well things went on Feb 10th, but my family doesn't approve of me heading out to protest. I had a bunch of signs ready for March 15th, but I ended up having to sit out the whole thing at home. I'm still hoping to be able to do something for the April protests.

Brasel
03-17-2008, 10:19 AM

I don't think I'd honestly give a flying fuck what other people thought of this forum or the people in it. I got better things to care about.

phattonez
03-17-2008, 10:48 AM
People will judge AGN by the most popular part of it. That would be ZC. "That particular section" of "that website" is what people judge "that website" by because "that section" is the most popular.

Russ
03-17-2008, 02:34 PM
Well this sucks. My laptop just broke. And while I'm sending it in for repairs, I have to use my mom's old one, that takes 15 minutes just to turn on, and absolutly refuses to connect to the internet.

Aegix Drakan
03-17-2008, 03:27 PM
:o That's unfortunate...

I hope your repair is done quickly!

Jenny
03-17-2008, 03:45 PM
i dont really care for laptops, they are hard to use IMO.

anyway hope you get it back soon!

Dann Woolf
03-17-2008, 03:46 PM

Use a mouse.

Russ
03-17-2008, 03:49 PM

Why are they hard to use? I actually perfer them to normal comnputers.

phattonez
03-17-2008, 03:55 PM
They're hard to use because Jenny doesn't have a lap.

So anyway, I've already changed my avatar, I'm still waiting for everyone else.

Russ
03-17-2008, 04:03 PM
I will. I'm just trying to find a good one. Plus, after the little "adventure" Pure ZC had with avatar switching, which I ended up getting involved in, I have been somewhat reluctant to change. But as soon as I find a good one, I'll switch.

Pineconn
03-17-2008, 04:11 PM
Fine then. I'll switch for a few days. :[

But I still call dibs on the TP Master Sword avatar.

Dann Woolf
03-17-2008, 04:12 PM
They're hard to use because Jenny doesn't have a lap.

Avatars? I don't see no stinkin' avatars!

Russ
03-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Fine then. I'll switch for a few days. :[

But I still call dibs on the TP Master Sword avatar.
Dang it, I wanted it. But then, remember the aftermentioned Pure ZC incedent, it would be a bad idea.

Avatars? I don't see no stinkin' avatars!
That's because you have them disabled. Go to the User CP, hit options, and then choose the option that lets you see avatars.

phattonez
03-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Dibs on the Triforce.

Dann Woolf
03-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Dibs on the Triforce.

You know it's going to break into three if you don't have equal power, courage, and wisdom, right?

phattonez
03-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Soap on a rope encompasses all of those. I don't need power and courage, and I obviously have wisdom.

The_Amaster
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
So over spring break for government class I have to (among a huge amount of writing) memorize the presidents from 1945 on.
Rather than just do the work, I figure I'll listen to the Animaniacs President song every day until I know the lyrics by heart. Then I'll know all the presidents. :D

phattonez
03-18-2008, 08:12 PM
FDR (is that 1945), Truman, Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush.

Well, what's so hard about that?

Icey
03-18-2008, 09:30 PM
Rather than just do the work, I figure I'll listen to the Animaniacs President song every day until I know the lyrics by heart. Then I'll know all the presidents. :D

That's a large amount of effort for something you'll later forget because it has no real reward. Much more effective (and worthwhile) is to learn some of the details of the presidential campaigns and the effects each president had in office. Then you'll be able to list them, like phattonez did, with no problem. I can do it because I know the history of the campaigns, what was at stake, and how each president changed American history. =)

phattonez
03-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Haha, Icey, I don't think that I've remembered that much detail. I do know how Truman won, Eisenhower's "I like Ike" campaign, JFK trying to look young compared to Nixon, but that's about it. I do know the importance of each president though, and that's the most important thing.

I did like "The President's" series on the History Channel. That will really help you learn the presidents (but if you're going to watch the whole series of presidents expect it to take literally all day.

Pineconn
03-18-2008, 10:53 PM
You forgot McCain, phattonez.

Haha, I'm a jerk.

I honestly don't have much stuff to do over spring break. Due anytime during the fourth term in Government, we need to go to a school board meeting and a city council or trustee meeting, then write a one page summary. Not that bad at all. :shrug:

phattonez
03-18-2008, 11:02 PM
I might go to jury duty. Yeah!

And we all know that it won't be McCain, he's too old and not even his party likes him.

Icey
03-19-2008, 12:12 AM
No one likes McCain.

Anyway, yeah, I remember watching that "presidents" series on the history channel right after my AP History test and I was suprised at how good - and entertaining - it was.

Also Walter Mondale was a terrible candidate.

Jenny
03-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Why are they hard to use? I actually perfer them to normal comnputers.

the keys are hard to press because they're so flat, and having no mouse is hard to do :laughing:

Aegix Drakan
03-19-2008, 12:23 PM
oh dear luna...I am screwed...

Well, my semester ends next week (we end early because wo go out for an internship), and...I have a shitload of stuff due by next tuesday.

I have to do the following:

-Complete, and print out my print portfolio
-Fix up all the problems with my Multimedia portfolio, and burn it on a CD, and make a label for it.
-Make a 45 second non-interactive web showcase thingy (which is a very vague assignment) and make a labe, and burn it.
- make a bunch of business cards and integrate them, my resumes, and my multimedia CDs into my print portfolio.

...I haven't even started the interactive stuff yet.

...Oh, and this is pass or fail. The teacher told us that she (and a few other teachers) will evaluate our work, and either allow us to go on stage, or force us to re-do this whole semester.

:o I am looking at some sleepless nights I think...

..wish me luck! *dashes off to get straight to work!!!!!*

phattonez
03-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Sounds like busy work to me, but anyway . . .

I know I should probably take a shower right now, but both of my roommates are taking finals right now and I'm feeling lazy and listening to Bob Dylan. Studying for LS is just not a viable option right now.

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 04:46 PM
Well Government is the only homework I have anyway, so it's not so bad.

Aegix: At least it's somewhat related to your area of interest, and not some boring thing on a topic you couldn't care less about.

Russ
03-19-2008, 06:30 PM
Wow, I hate having a broken laptop. Now, I have to use me old crummy one. And it doesn't even have Wireless internet. Whenever I want to go online, I have to move it into my cluttered study and plug an internet cable into it. :(

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 07:36 PM
Aegix Drakan's problem: an obscene amount of homework
Jenny's problem: doesn't like laptops
Amaster and my problem: small amount of homework
Russ's problem: has to use an older laptop

Yep, I'd say Aegix Drakan wins. :)

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Congratulations!
Youre Winner!

phattonez
03-19-2008, 08:18 PM
Woohoo! Phattonez has no problems! Well, except for a final with a bunch of pre-med nerds tomorrow, but who cares about that right?

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I've got a Chemistry test tomorrow, but I've had everything down since we learned it. My only problem is the difference between Ketones and Aldehydes, and Ethers and Esters, because we didn't really cover them, but I'll have it down by then.

phattonez
03-19-2008, 08:36 PM
Ketones are in the middle of a chain, aldehydes are at the end, that's how I remembered. Esters are the oxygen's in the middle of a chain, and ethers? Well, why can't I remember ethers? I only had that test on Sunday.

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
As far as I remember Esters and Ethers are either an Oxygen in the middle of the chain, or an Oxygen in the middle with a double-bonded Oxygen on the adjacent Carbon.
I'm going to go look it up.

EDIT: Okay, Ester:

R-C-O-C-R
||
O
Ether:

R-C-O-C-R

phattonez
03-19-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh, I think I get it now. Meh, I should be studying other stuff. I don't even need organic chem in my life science class.

Russ
03-19-2008, 08:52 PM
Aegix Drakan's problem: an obscene amount of homework
Jenny's problem: doesn't like laptops
Amaster and my problem: small amount of homework
Russ's problem: has to use an older laptop

Yep, I'd say Aegix Drakan wins. :)
I beg to differ. Do you know what working with this pile of scrap metal is like? It has such a slow reaction time, that after you click on an shortcut, you have to wait about two minutes for the program to start. It's painful!

And just so you know, I have quite a bit of homework too. :)

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Yeah, sounds like my desktop.
It's actually taught me short term patience. Nothing like waiting for a minuite and a half for Firefox to start up to teach you to wait.

Annoying as hell, though. And I keep losing memory, like every few days it tells me that I'm down to less than 200 megs, and I have to clear more stuff off. I think I may have gotten a virus, but AdAware and AVG haven't caught anything, so I'm probably going to run a wipe over break.

Russ
03-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Yeah, sounds like my desktop.
It's actually taught me short term patience. Nothing like waiting for a minuite and a half for Firefox to start up to teach you to wait.

Speaking of Firefox, it's starting to annoy me. I was using IE, until somebody suggested to me that IE could be causing the large loading times on some forums. So I switched to Firefox. And now, bam! Every thing's to fast. My avatar slashes the sword so fast you can hardly see it.

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Wow, your right, you can't even see it.

Oh wait...the page hadn't finished loading yet...

phattonez
03-19-2008, 09:12 PM
If you keep losing memory, go to task manager and see if there's a memory leak.

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm always concerned about my computer's commit charge and page file usage. They get dangerously high to the peak (thanks to Desktop Weather, McAfee, IE, ZQuest, and Zelda Classic, which use an insane amount of memory). I've had more breathing room after I uninstalled every AOL program I used to have.

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Hmm, where would a Memory Leak be under Task manager?

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 09:50 PM
You'd want to click on the Processes tab, then click on the Mem Usage column so that the higher ones are listed first. If one of them is obscenely higher than the rest (like, 1,623,023 K), then you know you have a leak.

I could be completely wrong about that, so correct me if I'm wrong.

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 09:53 PM
Nope, nothing higher than Firefox at 38,000. Hmm, wonder what's up.

phattonez
03-19-2008, 09:54 PM
It doesn't have to be obscenely high. Firefox can be really high up there, and it may seem normal, but it's not. There is a way to limit how much memory Firefox can use; once you do that your whole computer will start to run faster.

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 09:56 PM
Really? How? I am intregu...intrigeu....damn, how do you spell intriuged.

Pineconn
03-19-2008, 10:00 PM
Intrigued, y'mean?

Lol, if you try to add yourself to your ignore list, you get this witty message:

Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

The_Amaster
03-19-2008, 10:01 PM
See, that's why the internet is so great.
Because it was created by people with a sense of humor.

phattonez
03-19-2008, 10:09 PM
There was a thread about the Firefox leak in the Technology forum by punkonjunk1024 not too long ago. You should be able to find it there.

The_Amaster
03-21-2008, 10:41 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O!!!!!!!
*Beats head against the wall repeatedly*
For the past three weeks the snow has been melting. It was almost gone. And then...and then last night we had another snowfall. 3 INCHES!!!
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

phattonez
03-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Snow is a bad thing? The last time we had snow in the LA basin was 1993, and I was too young to remember it.

Aegix Drakan
03-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Ok...well...I got a very good start on my work, only to hit a major wall.

:o No matter what I do to resize my print work so it fits in my multimedia, I GET STUCK WITH VER NOTICABLE PIXELLATION!!!

...and my teacher hasn't given a good solution. I changed my screen resolution, as she suggested, which only made it worse and then it screwed up all the icons on my desktop!

I can't find anything in this random mess anymore!!! :o at least my OLD mess was somewhat organized!

...oh well...at least I got a very good start...

phattonez
03-21-2008, 11:48 AM
You're doing it all wrong. You're supposed to do it Monday morning right before you have to go to school.

The_Amaster
03-21-2008, 11:58 AM
*weakly*
When...your entire...winter...has been covered....in snow...you really can't wa...wait for spring.

7 inches so far, and it snowed another half inch in the ten minutes I spent shoveling.

phattonez
03-21-2008, 01:54 PM
So I was just driving around and went on some new flyover ramps that were built. Those had to be the longest ramps that I had ever been on. It's really impressive. I came back home the long away, and then I actually found some wetlands; I didn't even know they existed. I thought that all of the rivers were cemented in over here to prevent floods.

The_Amaster
03-21-2008, 03:46 PM
*on the verge of collapse*
It's up to a foot deep in three hours....

WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T MY PARENTS BOUGHT A SNOWBLOWER!!!???

phattonez
03-21-2008, 04:19 PM
How high has it gone up to before?

The_Amaster
03-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Oh, we've gotten four or five feet in years past.
It's just so frustrating this time because
a.)it's so damn fast, and
b.)almost all the snow was melted. I was looking forward to some actual springtime.

phattonez
03-21-2008, 04:45 PM
Five feet? How do you even get out of the house?

So I downloaded ZQuest today, and I was playing Pineconn's quest and out of nowhere . . . my screen is flipped to the side and the colors are all wonky. That was the most exciting part of my day.

Master Maniac
03-22-2008, 12:54 AM
hm... better than my day. i sat on my ass all day watching videos on youtube getting up for nothing but food and a walmart trip =) bundles of fun...

AAAAAAAHHHHHH SOMEONE SHOOT ME!!!

phattonez
03-22-2008, 01:23 AM
Only if you buy me the guns and ammo.

Dechipher
03-22-2008, 03:15 AM
This is totally IRC in thread form.

phattonez
03-22-2008, 03:21 AM
Dechipher brings up a good point. Is #AGN still up? If not, then this has definitely replaced it.

moocow
03-22-2008, 07:33 AM
I don't wanna go to woooooooork *whines*

phattonez
03-22-2008, 11:47 AM
That would be 4 in the morning for me. I wouldn't want to go either. But I do have to get a haircut today, the first one in about 3 months.

Russ
03-22-2008, 01:17 PM
So I downloaded ZQuest today, and I was playing Pineconn's quest and out of nowhere . . . my screen is flipped to the side and the colors are all wonky. That was the most exciting part of my day.
I'd like to see a picture of that.

I don't wanna go to woooooooork *whines*
And I don't want to go to school. But, it seems that nobody cares what I want. :D

phattonez
03-22-2008, 01:45 PM
It was terrible, I had to reset my laptop a few times before I could get it to work again.

So I came back home after finals on Thursday, and my dad tells me that we have ducks in the backyard. I saw them yesterday morning sitting by the pool, and today they were swimming, but I didn't see that. My dad likes to scare them away every morning though. Why not just let them stay? I'd like to see ducklings in the pool.

Breaker
03-22-2008, 03:27 PM
I setup a webcam so that I can aim it at my dog's cage and watch him through my iPhone while I'm at work or in class. Right now I have it setup in my living room. If anyone else wants to check it out, click here http://nanookovision.no-ip.org/ and use this username/password:

Username: AGN
Password: ILUVFARSCAPE

case sensitive

The_Amaster
03-22-2008, 05:00 PM
Is it pointed at your computer? What's the weird swirling color thing, your screensaver?

Breaker
03-22-2008, 05:15 PM
no, that's my 42" plasma tv with the xbox 360 playing. ill be mounting the tv on that wall later this evening. the webcam is attached to my laptop which is resting on my coffee table.

King Aquamentus
03-22-2008, 05:43 PM
#AGN doesn't exist. It was a rumor perpetuated by the red menace in 1955 to scare congress into adopting a "live and let die" policy. Or, nobody can get in or out within reason.

phattonez
03-22-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm watching TBS on NANOOK-O-VISION! right now. Cool, but I can do that on my tv.

#AGN must have existed. I went on there once - I was banned almost immediately.

moocow
03-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Haha, I'm watching Breaker's tv.

Breaker
03-22-2008, 10:53 PM
OK, it's now pointed at the dog.

moocow
03-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Awwwwwwww Cuuuuuute

lol, Bladen is loving it. He's all like, "WHOA! Look at that dog mommy!"

Breaker
03-22-2008, 10:59 PM
did you see him doing tricks?

moocow
03-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Yes. He rocks. I wish I could have a dog here. Damn apartments :(

phattonez
03-22-2008, 11:12 PM
And now it's not working?

Pineconn
03-23-2008, 06:16 PM
It's not working for me. :shrug: (EDIT: It's probably been turned off.)

And seriously, what's wrong with snow? I love it.

The_Amaster
03-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Normally so do I.
But you know the expression "too much of a good thing"?
Yeah...

Pineconn
03-23-2008, 09:03 PM
What do you mean by that? *nibbles chocolate bunny ear*

The_Amaster
03-23-2008, 09:10 PM
I've been rationing myself all year to have a constant supply of sweets. First Christmas candy, then Girl Scout Cookies, now Easter. Hopefully I can keep the chain up.

phattonez
03-23-2008, 09:36 PM
There's a pretty big drop off during the summer of sweets. Probably for a good reason.

Prrkitty
03-23-2008, 10:32 PM
Happy Easter everyone :)

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Ah, yes, Happy Easter! *nibbles chocolate bunny head*

It was so heartwarming coming home today after a small vacation to 50 e-mails of spam. Thanks a lot, AOL/AIM spam protection.

Russ
03-24-2008, 08:06 PM
I've been rationing myself all year to have a constant supply of sweets. First Christmas candy, then Girl Scout Cookies, now Easter. Hopefully I can keep the chain up.
I do the same thing. Or, at least I try to. My younger brother has a habit of stealing mine. :(

Aegix Drakan
03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Yeah, happy Easter!

...and I eat a lot of candy, holiday or not. Heck, today I had about...you know those multicolored straws full of fruit-flavoured sugar? I had 5, I think.

...Yeah, my stomach felt kina bad later... :sick: ...but they taste sooo good...

Seriously, there was once a time when I would be in a constant sugar rush.

The_Amaster
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
I've got copious amounts of jelly beans and bunches of Crunch eggs, Butterfinger Squares and Choco-Malt eggs.
Candy is your friend.

Russ
03-24-2008, 08:21 PM
I just got a bunch of pre-filled plastic eggs, and a giant milk chocolate bunny. I love chocolate bunnies. :)

Icey
03-24-2008, 08:53 PM
AOL

Good news, I identified the cause of your problem.

Pineconn
03-24-2008, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I use an @aol.com e-mail address. Oh well.

I just got a large chocolate bunny. *nibbles chocolate bunny torso*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/hehehehe.png

Yes, yes, yes!

Russ
03-25-2008, 01:25 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/hehehehe.png

Yes, yes, yes!
Wow, that picture's worth a thousand dollars. :)

Sam Atoms
03-25-2008, 01:29 AM
If I had a cat, its breath would smell like cat food.

Of course, I would also be sneezing about a hundred times an hour.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/WhiteCat.jpg

Here's to all the pet lovers out there who are physically capable of living with a cat.

phattonez
03-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Cats are pretty boring; get me a dog any day.

Russ
03-25-2008, 01:32 AM
If I had a cat, its breath would smell like cat food.

Of course, I would also be sneezing about a hundred times an hour.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b2/WhiteCat.jpg

Here's to all the pet lovers out there who are physically capable of living with a cat.
That cat is so cute!

Cats are pretty boring; get me a dog any day.
Normally, I'd agree with you., But after seeing that cute picture, I can't help but somewhat like cats. Although dogs are still 10,000 times better.

phattonez
03-25-2008, 01:34 AM
Meh, it's just the blue eyes. Cats are still pretty worthless.

The_Amaster
03-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Wow, that picture's worth a thousand dollars. :)
What kind of dollars???!!!
Arghhhhhhhh!

In other news dogs are better than cats for not being as evil.

phattonez
03-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Cats aren't really evil, they're just portrayed as evil on every cartoon, movie, tv show, etc.

Russ
03-25-2008, 08:00 PM
What kind of dollars???!!!
Arghhhhhhhh!

I'll say Pineconn dollars, so I can further my plan to make Pineconn dollars worthless. Mwa ha ha ha! :D

Breaker
03-25-2008, 09:58 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2lo6jcl.jpg

I finally got around to mounting my plasma tv. It took awhile, but I think it was definitely worth it. Nanook likes it too. The best part was hiding all the wires without having to cut holes in the wall.

Russ
03-25-2008, 10:00 PM
http://i28.tinypic.com/2lo6jcl.jpg

I finally got around to mounting my plasma tv. It took awhile, but I think it was definitely worth it. Nanook likes it too. The best part was hiding all the wires without having to cut holes in the wall.

Oo, impressive.

The_Amaster
03-25-2008, 10:02 PM
Vera' nice. Looks like a sweet living room there. Huge TV, cool looking wooden table thing, dog, you have it all.

Breaker
03-25-2008, 11:21 PM
I like to spoil myself.. and Nanook. You should see his mountain of toys.

AlphaDawg
03-26-2008, 02:15 AM
So... this is my first contribution to this thread. I take it this is the ever-burgeoning random thoughts thread? So... here's a couple of mine.

That cat is so cute!Most are. I have three, one I consider cute, one I consider ugly, and one I'm neither here nor there on.

Meh, it's just the blue eyes. Cats are still pretty worthless.Agreed. They're not obedient (unless you have food/catnip of course) and they don't help do anything around the house (unless you count chasing down houseflies).

Cats aren't really evil, they're just portrayed as evil on every cartoon, movie, tv show, etc.There's a grain of truth to most stereotypes... this is certainly one of them.

Cats are pretty boring; get me a dog any day.Cats may be a lot of things, but they are not boring. I posted some photos of my cats doing funny, interesting things a few years back. Maybe I'll go ahead and upload them to my Photobucket and share them again.

Here's another random thought... 2100 posts!

Pineconn
03-26-2008, 02:21 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about AGN. I've been enjoying a game I haven't played for half a decade: SimTheme Park. It basically allows you to build and manage a theme park of your dreams, while keeping your guests and staff happy (as well as pranksters out of trouble). While the ultimate goal is to earn dough, you can earn golden tickets by completing certain tasks, and you can cash in these tickets for golden keys to unlock any of the game's four parks.

Anyway, this game doesn't work on Windows XP, but I finally found a patch today. Thus, I've been playing it all day long. Has AGN enjoyed a rather Pineconnless day?

phattonez
03-26-2008, 03:45 AM
You mean Roller Coaster Tycoon?

The_Amaster
03-26-2008, 09:40 AM
Nah, SimTheme Park was a bit more cartoony.
Although they both owe their existence to the original game "Theme Park" produced by the awesome (unfortunatly defunct) Bullfrog.

Aegix Drakan
03-26-2008, 09:42 AM
:D Sim theme park!!!

I remember that!!!

^_^ *old memories rush back*

.....I never did figure out how to make a working roller coaster, come to think of it.

I think I still got the CD around my house somewhere...

Aegix Drakan
03-26-2008, 11:05 AM
:o oh noes! I double posted!

...well...my work is ALMOST FEAKING DONE.

Print portfolio, check. Just need to do a final check, and print it.

Multimedia: CHECK! I just need to burn it, which I'm doing before I leave school.

Web thingy: ...it's being a *****. >_> download time has to be under 10 seconds. ...unfortunately, due to a load of problems, I need to do some drastic last minute fixage, which might wreck my whole, nice looking presentation.

:o My metaphor for the situation? Sudden death Brawl, with one stock left, and my opponent has just recovered and picked up a smash ball.

ShadowTiger
03-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Aack, g'luck.

I had Theme Park, Sim Theme Park, and all of the expansions for all of the Rollercoaster Tycoon games. They rawk. They seriously rawk hard. At times. I always wanted to do more with what you got though, and the user-made additions weren't all that fancy. Ehhh....

The_Amaster
03-26-2008, 11:51 AM
I used to have Theme Park, but I'm not sure where the disc is. I haven't gotten Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 because there's no way that it would run on my PC, but once my dad upgrades he'll give me his old eMac, so I can run it on there hopefully.:D

My brothers the real obsessor, though. He's spent days at a time playing RCT. It was kinda scary.

phattonez
03-26-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm sitting in a waiting room right now in a courthouse. Looks like I'm at least going to have to go into a courtroom, hopefully I can avoid being on a jury.

The_Amaster
03-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Why? Trying out for jury duty?

phattonez
03-26-2008, 12:54 PM
I got jury summons in the mail not too long ago and now I'm stuck here for my Spring Break.

Prrkitty
03-26-2008, 01:09 PM
Aahhh yes... jury duty. I've been called in several times... but never sat on a jury (that was when we lived in Idaho).

Nfiend
03-26-2008, 01:15 PM
The best time to catch up on a book. Although not entirely wise.

phattonez
03-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Why would it not be wise to catch up on a book?

Dechipher
03-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Why would it not be wise to catch up on a book?

Cause you're deciding someone's future?

Maybe.

phattonez
03-26-2008, 01:45 PM
While waiting to get onto a trial?

Pineconn
03-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Nah, SimTheme Park was a bit more cartoony.
Although they both owe their existence to the original game "Theme Park" produced by the awesome (unfortunatly defunct) Bullfrog.

Well, SimTheme Park was created by Bullfrog. Are you thinking of something else?

This is SimTheme Park (the quality kinda sucks because I shrunk them with MS Paint):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/sim2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/sim1.png

Fun fun fun.

The_Amaster
03-26-2008, 03:59 PM
Really? I thought SimTheme Park was by Maxis. Huh, go figure.

phattonez
03-26-2008, 04:01 PM
I'm not on a case! See, my reading was wise. Also going to school is wise, now I need to pay tuition.

The_Amaster
03-26-2008, 04:18 PM
Well, if you need money for tution, why not try
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/Ad2.jpg

or
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d133/amaster42/Ad1.jpg'
You too can be rich with little to no work, just like you deserve.

phattonez
03-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Haha, that was a weird one. I'm just waiting for the loan money to get in; should I be surprised that they're taking their sweet time?

Pineconn
03-26-2008, 11:39 PM
So tell me, AGN...

How do you pick a major to study in college? :scared:

The_Amaster
03-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Write 'em all up on a dartboard, set it spinning, and let fly. It's how I decided on Sewage Worker! :D

Breaker
03-27-2008, 12:30 AM
So tell me, AGN...

How do you pick a major to study in college? :scared:

While earning my AA degree I went through several different "phases" of majors. For the longest time I was set on a degree in International Economics, but finally after quite a bit of introspection, and working in a professional enviroment, I settled on Architecture and transferred to one of the best programs in the state (University of Florida). My goal is to one day be my own boss, not work the rest of my life for somebody else. You have to decide what YOU want out of life and figure out what your skills and strengths are, then choose a major that suits the career and lifestyle you want.

Pineconn
03-27-2008, 12:50 AM
While earning my AA degree I went through several different "phases" of majors. For the longest time I was set on a degree in International Economics, but finally after quite a bit of introspection, and working in a professional enviroment, I settled on Architecture and transferred to one of the best programs in the state (University of Florida). My goal is to one day be my own boss, not work the rest of my life for somebody else. You have to decide what YOU want out of life and figure out what your skills and strengths are, then choose a major that suits the career and lifestyle you want.

That's something I fear, though -- changing majors. I don't want to virtually waste an n number of years of college (and tuition), which is why I'm hoping to pick the right major/career first. At least the directions have been clear from everyone I've asked, that I should pick a major that involves my skills, strengths, and interests.

Write 'em all up on a dartboard, set it spinning, and let fly. It's how I decided on Sewage Worker! :D

You knew it was coming:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/Pick_a_Career.png

Pick a career, any career!

phattonez
03-27-2008, 12:54 AM
How did hobo get in the middle of anestheseologist.

Breaker
03-27-2008, 01:33 AM
I changed majors while earning my undergraduate degree... it didn't set me back at all, since I hadn't even begun taking courses towards a major.

erm2003
03-27-2008, 05:41 AM
Pineconn, I know you do really well in school, but which classes do you enjoy the most and why? Answering that may at least start to give you a general direction to look in.

Aegix Drakan
03-27-2008, 11:16 AM
...You do NOT want to get a bulls-eye, I see...

erm2003
03-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Or it's just that the probability is lower...

Aegix Drakan
03-27-2008, 11:03 PM
My work is complete! Now...the NEXT thing to worry about...

Come Monday, I probably won't be posting as much anymore.

:P Why? Because that's when my internship is starting...and I'm not sure if the boss would be happy to find me surfing the net on HIS mac.

I'll still post here, just not as often during the day.

Pineconn
03-27-2008, 11:11 PM
Well, there goes 10% of the board's activity.... But congrats on the internship.

Pineconn, I know you do really well in school, but which classes do you enjoy the most and why? Answering that may at least start to give you a general direction to look in.

Math. Science. Band.

Yeah, my school doesn't get very in-depth by means of courses. (Well, okay, it's Pre-calc and Chemistry. But y'know, no Organic Chemistry.)

And the reason that hobo is the bull's-eye is so it'll encourage you to aim for one of the crappier "careers" instead. :)

The_Amaster
03-27-2008, 11:15 PM
Sweet, way to go Aegix.

You're in graphic design, right?

phattonez
03-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Aegix, someone on AGN with a steady job? I don't believe it.

Aegix Drakan
03-27-2008, 11:32 PM
Yep, I'm in Graphic Design.

...and yeah, If I DO account for 10% of the activity here...then I must count for...like...80% of the activity at ZCU. Soooo Inactive...

And don't worry, I'll still post! Just not as often.

EDIT: And Phattonez...I'm only on an internship. I don't have a job yet. and I have bad luck with getting jobs. Heck, I didn't even get a part time job ad MC Ds! ...although that could be because I'm not completely stupid...

The_Amaster
03-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Actually, the reason I don't post at ZCU is because no-one posts there. Maybe if like ten of us agreed to start posting there we could start it up again.

Skulkraken
03-28-2008, 06:06 AM
...What's ZCU? [/jk]

Meh, I haven't had much luck with jobs, either. I thought I could get hired by Gamestop, since I know enough about games and have spent enough time there that other shoppers have come up to me thinking I'm *already* working there. I tried Play N' Trade, too, but they were completely out of applications from so many people trying to apply. There aren't many jobs available for Computer Science majors here, so I'm left with either applying at the local military base or at my local newspaper.

Aegix Drakan
03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
I thought I could get hired by Gamestop, since I know enough about games ...

And therein (sp?) lies your problem. Gamestop employees must know almost NOTHING about games, so they can make comments like... "We have a new portable called the Wii!".

phattonez
03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Sooooooo, why does the season opener of baseball happen in Japan and not the US?

The_Amaster
03-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I dunno? They like baseball a lot over there to, ya know. Maybe it's like a special event thing?

Skulkraken
03-28-2008, 05:44 PM
Baseball is very popular in Japan. Certainly more popular in Japan than, say, football or basketball. One of their teams shows up here to train during the off-season often, since this island is fairly close by and never sees snow. I forget the name of the team...

DarkDragoonX
03-28-2008, 06:57 PM
And therein (sp?) lies your problem. Gamestop employees must know almost NOTHING about games, so they can make comments like... "We have a new portable called the Wii!".

Oh god, don't remind me. The Warhammer Online collector's edition preorders went live the other day, so I rushed out to get me a copy. I don't mind ordering online if I have to, but I prefer going to the store when I can. Anyhow, when I made it to the Gamestop store and asked about the preorder package, the following conversation ensued:

ME: "Hello, I'd like to preorder the Warhammer Online collector's edition."
EMPLOYEE: "There isn't any game like that."
ME: "Yes there is. It has a big banner on your web page."
EMPLOYEE: "Oh wait, do you mean the 'Dawn of War: Soulstorm' expansion?"
ME: "No, I mean Wahammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition. I want to preorder it."
EMPLOYEE: "We don't have that game."
ME: "That's because it's not being released until fall. Hence 'preorder.'"
EMPLOYEE: "... Do you mean 'Dawn of War: Soulstorm?' We have that one."

At that point I gave up and walked out of the store. I ended up ordering it online. And not from Gamestop, either.

phattonez
03-28-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes, it's popular in Japan, but MLB doesn't have any teams in Japan. The games came on over here at like 3 in the morning. Who's gonna stay up to watch that? Should the opening series cater to the fans and not serve as some sort of goodwill gesture?

Breaker
03-28-2008, 08:41 PM
Oh god, don't remind me. The Warhammer Online collector's edition preorders went live the other day, so I rushed out to get me a copy. I don't mind ordering online if I have to, but I prefer going to the store when I can. Anyhow, when I made it to the Gamestop store and asked about the preorder package, the following conversation ensued:

ME: "Hello, I'd like to preorder the Warhammer Online collector's edition."
EMPLOYEE: "There isn't any game like that."
ME: "Yes there is. It has a big banner on your web page."
EMPLOYEE: "Oh wait, do you mean the 'Dawn of War: Soulstorm' expansion?"
ME: "No, I mean Wahammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition. I want to preorder it."
EMPLOYEE: "We don't have that game."
ME: "That's because it's not being released until fall. Hence 'preorder.'"
EMPLOYEE: "... Do you mean 'Dawn of War: Soulstorm?' We have that one."

At that point I gave up and walked out of the store. I ended up ordering it online. And not from Gamestop, either.

I pre-ordered it without a problem at my gamestop. They did not give me any codes like they were supposed to though... like access to the open beta and such.

DarkDragoonX
03-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah, it varies store to store. Some locations are great, and know exactly what they're talking about. Others can't tell you anything unless it's on a cue card.

Brasel
03-29-2008, 01:54 PM
Whats black, crispy and sits at the top of the stairs?

A Quadriplegic who died in a house fire.

Whats black, crispy and sits at the bottom of the stairs?

One that tried.

....PENIS!!!

Icey
03-29-2008, 05:04 PM
Okay, I have to say this again, because it's fun to rile baseball fans and because I truly believe it: baseball is not a sport.

That being said, I stopped shopping at gamestop a while back. I got tired of poor service across the board... and I've since found other places to get better service and the same kind of prices. =)

phattonez
03-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Okay, I have to say this again, because it's fun to rile baseball fans and because I truly believe it: baseball is not a sport.

QFN (Quoted for Nonsense). How can you say that it's not a sport? It's a physical activity that requires immense amounts of skill and strength.

DarkDragoonX
03-29-2008, 10:55 PM
\But y'know, no Organic Chemistry.)

Is that what the kids are calling it nowadays?

Random Semi-Incoherant Thought Man, away!

The_Amaster
03-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Nah, regular chemistry is still chem. Organic is like the carbons and hydrogens, and alkanes and stuff.

Breaker
03-30-2008, 12:48 AM

That doesn't rile anyone. It's just an incredibly stupid thing to say.

Russ
03-30-2008, 01:22 AM
In case I don't get the chance to tell later, I am going to Italy on Wednesday. So, I will be gone for about two weeks in April.

Icey
03-30-2008, 01:49 AM
Sitting in the dugout, standing around waiting for a ball to come to you, standing on base waiting for someone to get a hit... these things are very physically demanding. Almost as much as playing darts or going bowling. Baseball is the most boring, least entertaining game I have ever seen. If fat 90 year olds can play it while intoxicated, it's a joke.

And yes, I've said that casually and baseball fans get all pissed off. It's fair to say it's stupid if you disagree with it, but to get upset is kind of funny.

Pineconn
03-30-2008, 02:12 AM
In case I don't get the chance to tell later, I am going to Italy on Wednesday. So, I will be gone for about two weeks in April.

That's pretty random, I must admit. Have fun, and don't call them EYE-tal-yins. ;)

I forgot to mention something. I retook the SAT tests and got a 1960. Previously I received an 1890. I did 20 points better on critical reading (now a still very low 570), 50 points better on writing (now a decent 650), and the same on math (740). I actually did worse on the essay -- this time I got a 6 opposed to last time's 7 (of 12).

Yeah, reading and essay writing aren't my best skills.

phattonez
03-30-2008, 02:37 AM
Icey, I'd like you to try it with people your age. Let's see how you do.

The_Amaster
03-30-2008, 09:30 AM
Eh, I'm not taking the SAT's till April. But when I took them back in 8th grade I think I got a 1070 on the old 1600 scale, which is like a 1500ish I think on todays. Not great, but eh, I was in middle school

Russ
03-30-2008, 12:52 PM
Sitting in the dugout, standing around waiting for a ball to come to you, standing on base waiting for someone to get a hit... these things are very physically demanding. Almost as much as playing darts or going bowling. Baseball is the most boring, least entertaining game I have ever seen. If fat 90 year olds can play it while intoxicated, it's a joke.

And yes, I've said that casually and baseball fans get all pissed off. It's fair to say it's stupid if you disagree with it, but to get upset is kind of funny.
I've got to say, I agree with you. Baseball can get very boring.

That's pretty random, I must admit.
Thank you. :D

phattonez
03-30-2008, 03:38 PM
I got back to UCLA last night after the game at the Coliseum yesterday. I find out this morning that there is no food here at all until 3. It's ridiculous, all I had at the Coliseum was Derick's Big Sausage (yes, that's what the place was called) and a few beers. Needless to say, I'm hungry as hell, and there's no food in the room.

Icey
03-31-2008, 12:35 AM
That happened to me during finals week. I forgot they don't serve dinner on Friday of finals week so I got out of a final at 5:30 pm starving to find no food anywhere. It was pretty lame.

And phattonez, I'm not bad at baseball, and I used to play, but I've never enjoyed it. It's just not a game I like, that's all.

Beldaran
03-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Even though I almost never, ever post in this godawfully long thread, I wanted to add that I agree with Icey about baseball. It's very boring and does not require the physical athleticism of more exciting sports.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Baseball players have to work just as hard if not harder than people of other sports. It may not be as athletically demanding (for some positions), but it requires so much more skill and especially great reaction times and the ability to move very quickly.

Also, if you want it to be enjoying, you really have to understand the complexities and the strageies.

Dechipher
03-31-2008, 03:34 AM
I can't wait until this thread moves to Forum Games and everyone here's post count count down by 200.

Breaker
03-31-2008, 03:56 AM
Not as physically demanding? Have any of you ever SEEN a MJL baseball player? Their arms probably weigh more than some of you do.

Aliem
03-31-2008, 04:42 AM
If fat 90 year olds can play it while intoxicated, it's a joke.I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but I would really love to see a fat, drunk, 90-year-old play baseball. That would just be great.

In any case, while I am just a casual player, I agree that baseball is boring to watch. Playing, on the other hand, is great. I really enjoy the game, if I'm on the field. Then again, I've never been a very good spectator. I'd rather be out there having fun than be sitting on a cold plank of wood twenty feet above the ground watching others have fun.

Though, for the sake of argument, I don't know of many non athletes that can throw a ball with deadly precision at over 90 miles an hour.

Pineconn
03-31-2008, 04:50 PM
Not as physically demanding? Have any of you ever SEEN a MJL baseball player? Their arms probably weigh more than some of you do.

And an NFL lineman's calf probably weighs more than some of us. Complete exaggeration, but the point is there.

I don't like baseball for a few reasons. One, it's miserably boring to watch. Two, the only way they try to make it interesting is by regurgitating insanely detailed statistics to viewers. Three, baseball revolves around an incredibly precise degree of succeeding or failing; that is, hitting a tiny ball going 90 mph. Swing too high? Strike. Swing too low? Strike. Swing too early? Strike or foul. Swing too late? Strike or foul. I'd rather watch or play a sport that something happens every minute.

Typical baseball game in (then) Jacob's Field in Cleveland, Ohio, a few years ago, even though this isn't a picture of the field:

http://flakmag.com/sports/images/bravesfans.gif

Typical football game:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/IMG_36511.jpg

Plus, take high school sports. Baseball and soccer games have mostly parents of the players, basketball games have a few non-parents, but football games are packed with townsfolk.

The_Amaster
03-31-2008, 04:57 PM
I'd rather watch or play a sport that something happens every minute.
Like Football? In Football it usually seems to go like this. Ohh, ohh, ohh, cheer for 15 seconds, annnnnd wait for 5 minutes, and Ohhhh ohhh ohh, cheer for twenty seconds, and wait around for 6 minutes. Not saying Baseballs faster, but Football isn't exactly a constant stream of action either.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 06:19 PM
Wow Pineconn, I didn't realize that you were so unreasonable. Baseball has 162 games a year, how many does football have? Nowhere near that. Not only that, but you pick a picture where THEY AREN'T EVEN PLAYING YET! That's right, they're either prepping the field or cleaning it up.

Also, could the fact that more people go to high school football games be the result of always having games on Friday nights? Most high school baseball games are weekday afternoons.

Aegix Drakan
03-31-2008, 06:25 PM
And that, kids, is why we Canadians like hockey.

...and I've just come back from my first day in my internship at about 5. ...It's gonna be a looooooong 8 weeks. :uhoh:

Fistly, I'm on an older Mac, with a mouse that has no mousewheel. Second, Dreamweaver has expired somehow on the computer, so I have to use TextEdit to make the code (and it SUCKS compared to notepad.). Thirdly, I only had my first day and I already messed up something. ...Don't ask. It's a long story. But at least I got that mess up out of my system right away, I guess.

So, I came home, had my supper, and since my mom and younger Bro were off to a doctors appointment, and my dad is coming home much later, I was able to play a half hour-ish of Brawl so I could unwind.

and when I'm done catching up, net-wise, I gotta continue working on my work, since I have dreamweaver at home.

....aaaaaaaah....@_@ Oh for the days of homework again!

phattonez
03-31-2008, 06:27 PM
Why not just type in the code?

Beldaran
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM

Yeah baseball requires you to be a real specimen of fitness:

http://graphics.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2007/05/23/1179968454_4381.jpg

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nl/philadelphiaphils/Kruk.jpg

http://keitholbermannisevil.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/david-wells.jpg

http://lauriekendrick.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/mark8.jpg

http://obits.eons.com/obits/tributes/rod_beck/18589-1-photo.jpg

Aegix Drakan
03-31-2008, 06:35 PM
...I did.

but seeing as how I haven't coded directly for over a year, and seeing as how I only brought my dreamweaver book and not my HTML book...it was a bit tricky. ...oh, and once again, I say that Notepad >>>>> TextEdit. TE can't even open an HTML file as a .txt file.

ctrl-alt-delete
03-31-2008, 06:37 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91778

I really need some help to get this off the ground, guys.

phattonez
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Not necessarily fitness. There is simply a ton of muscle under that fat.

Russ
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
And that, kids, is why we Canadians like hockey.

Hockey is a neat sport, but I don't like that players attacking each other is perfectly fine.