So... [Archive] - Page 10 - Armageddon Games Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

phattonez
02-21-2008, 10:32 PM
The thing is though I'm pretty sure that I hit mostly my back and not TOO much of my spine, but it definitely is still sore. At what point should I be worried?

Russ
02-21-2008, 10:44 PM
The thing is though I'm pretty sure that I hit mostly my back and not TOO much of my spine, but it definitely is still sore. At what point should I be worried?
If it's sore the day after tomorrow, and not just sore, but still somewhat hurting, I'd have a doctor take a look at it.

phattonez
02-21-2008, 10:53 PM
Well it's not really hurting right now, it just hurts if I put some pressure on it. It's just a bruise I'm sure.

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 10:59 PM
If you continue to post in blue, I'll be sure to make your life miserable. [/hollow threat]

phattonez
02-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I've switched from Classic Black to Legacy. Classic Black just hurts my eyes, unless of course you to AGN right when you wake up and your eyes are still accustomed to the dark.

Russ
02-21-2008, 11:07 PM
If you continue to post in blue, I'll be sure to make your life miserable. [/hollow threat]
How exactly do you plan on doing that?

Pineconn
02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
I'll make the Russadwan Dollar crash. It's all Black Tuesday for you, bud. [/hollow threat]

Classic Black is the best. It'd be nice to have a green skin ("Forest") to go with the Zelda theme, but I'm not complaining.

Russ
02-21-2008, 11:38 PM
Classic Black is the best. It'd be nice to have a green skin ("Forest") to go with the Zelda theme, but I'm not complaining.
You mean like the one at Pure ZC? Trust me, it gets annoying pretty quickly.

phattonez
02-21-2008, 11:44 PM
I used to use the "There is no Spoon" theme when we had it. Ah, the good old days of AGN when we had a ton of skins to choose from and we could see who was in chat right on the forum homepage.

Russ
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
You know what's pathetic? I forgot how to change skins. Could someone please refreash my memory.

Aliem
02-21-2008, 11:59 PM
You know what's pathetic? I forgot how to change skins. Could someone please refreash my memory. The theme selector thingie is on the bottom of the forum index =)

Russ
02-22-2008, 12:35 AM
The theme selector thingie is on the bottom of the forum index =)
Oh. Thanks. Now that I can see the other ones, I think I'm sticking with the Classic Nintendo skin. The other ones look somewhat unprofesional.

Aliem
02-22-2008, 12:37 AM
No problem ^^;

The Legacy one, I think, is the vB default theme with a few tweaks... and the black one just isn't my thing.

MoonCheese
02-22-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm on Classic Black, and I also have the username area showing up to the left of the post. I find that the default theme looks rather...generic.

Aliem
02-22-2008, 01:29 AM
I have my postbit on the left as well. That's just how I've seen it at every other board, and I've gotten used to it. Seeing my avatar and stuff above the post freaked me out :O

Russ
02-22-2008, 03:00 AM
I'm on Classic Black, and I also have the username area showing up to the left of the post. I find that the default theme looks rather...generic.
I don't like the user info on the left of the post. They have it like that at Pure ZC and it irritates me.

Feasul
02-22-2008, 03:45 AM
I like the user info on the left. It makes the thread flow better for me. Having it on top makes the thread jerky, like post-user-post-user. On the left it goes post-post-post.

Russ
02-22-2008, 03:58 AM
But then, if the user info is longer than the post, it makes the posts longer than they have to be.

Feasul
02-22-2008, 04:57 AM
It's a sacrifice either way, no doubt about it.

MasterSwordUltima
02-22-2008, 11:21 AM
Ooh, this is sexy. And distinguishable to boot. I like.

Also, You might as well get rid of MSU dollars, they're pretty much useless. I still go for Pineconn dollars.

Also, I remember this one time KJAZZ made this long list of other things that MSU means.

Russ
02-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Yay for color specific posts!

The_Amaster
02-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Ohh Ohh, dibs on Green! :D

I keep the avatars and names above the posts. Don't really know why, I just like it better.

Russ
02-22-2008, 03:44 PM
I keep the avatars and names above the posts. Don't really know why, I just like it better.

Same here. It just seems more... natural. I don't know, but I just like it better.

MoonCheese
02-22-2008, 03:46 PM
And why is it that nobody knows about the colour cyan? Everyone calls it "greenish blue" or some such. Schools need to start teaching cyan along with the other colours.

phattonez
02-22-2008, 03:47 PM
I now post in white so that everyone who is using my theme cannot see what I'm typing.

MoonCheese
02-22-2008, 03:49 PM
All the posts that don't have colour codes in them show up as white text for me on Classic Black, so if you hadn't mentioned that you were using white, I wouldn't know you were changing the colour of your post at all. I'm guessing my cyan text is hard to read with the default theme.

Russ
02-22-2008, 03:51 PM
I now post in white so that everyone who is using my theme cannot see what I'm typing.
I've got the basic theme, so I can read it clearly.

All the posts that don't have colour codes in them show up as white text for me on Classic Black, so if you hadn't mentioned that you were using white, I wouldn't know you were changing the colour of your post at all. I'm guessing my cyan text is hard to read with the default theme.
Yes, it's somewhat hard to read. But that's what hilighting text is for.

Dechipher
02-22-2008, 05:02 PM

Also, You might as well get rid of MSU dollars, they're pretty much useless. I still go for Pineconn dollars.

Also, I remember this one time KJAZZ made this long list of other things that MSU means.

My Sore Urethra he did.

phattonez
02-22-2008, 05:49 PM
How long ago was that and what were the things that it stood for?

+2 for Dechipher.

Pineconn
02-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I gots me pink. :D :D

MasterSwordUltima
02-22-2008, 07:19 PM
My Sore Urethra he did.

Ahaha. Yeah, he even gave a link to a site that you just type in letters, and it gives you lists of possibilities. Michigan State University was one of them.

Russ
02-22-2008, 09:14 PM
I gots me pink. :D :D
Why pink?

phattonez
02-22-2008, 09:47 PM
What is going on with this thread? Is all that we can discuss colors?

My back is still sore, but at least it doesn't hurt for no reason anymore.

Prrkitty
02-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Eh... text color... sore backs... it's all good. Each helps contribute to something to yack about :)

phattonez
02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Yak. According to Firefox that's the right spelling, although I was pretty sure that it wasn't even a word.

erm2003
02-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Has anyone seen Jeff Dunham before? I just saw him live last night and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to! If you don't know who I am talking about, check out his site. You may have seen him on TV before.

Clicky (http://www.jeffdunham.com/)

Prrkitty
02-22-2008, 10:21 PM
Yack... yak... yuck... truck... I'll stop now.

phattonez
02-22-2008, 10:53 PM
So I'm watching Star Wars right now, and I can't believe that I missed out on this all these years. The description for GD is from Obi-Wan. Now someone proceed to ban me for my stupidity.

Aliem
02-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Has anyone seen Jeff Dunham before? I just saw him live last night and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to! If you don't know who I am talking about, check out his site. You may have seen him on TV before.

Clicky (http://www.jeffdunham.com/)

I saw a comedy central special of his a long time ago... Puppets really don't do it for me, despite what you may have heard.

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 02:41 AM
This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBxztviDr8)

Russ
02-23-2008, 02:51 AM
So I'm watching Star Wars right now, and I can't believe that I missed out on this all these years.
You never saw Star Wars? That is a scary thought. :scared:

Aliem
02-23-2008, 03:06 AM
Those Japanese kids suck at gaming. For reals. That must be why the little girl is so angry :(

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 03:21 AM
It's stupid things like this that make YouTube worthwhile. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6BVyu7Xvi4&NR=1)

Yes, I watched the entire video. I loved every second of it. This is why, kids, you should play a sport or something.

Aliem
02-23-2008, 03:24 AM
I'm stuck on dialup for the night, so it'll take a bit to load that video... but the title is promising. "Fat kid screaming". Can't go wrong.

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 03:25 AM
I'll tell you, watching that video really made my day. The climactic part is at the very end.

phattonez
02-23-2008, 03:52 AM
You never saw Star Wars? That is a scary thought. :scared:

I saw it, I just never made the connection.

Russ
02-23-2008, 04:07 AM
I saw it, I just never made the connection.
Never made what connection? I feel really stupid right now.

Aliem
02-23-2008, 04:09 AM
The morale of the story: Never ever play WoW without taking your lithium.

phattonez
02-23-2008, 04:12 AM
Never made what connection? I feel really stupid right now.

That it was Obi-Wan who wrote the description for GD.

Russ
02-23-2008, 04:33 AM
That it was Obi-Wan who wrote the description for GD.
What does GD stand for again? Sorry, but it's late at night, and I'm tired, and I can't really think that clearly.

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 04:36 AM
General Discussion, anyone?

The morale of the story: Never ever play WoW without taking your lithium.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Well, at least the first part. Don't know about lithium. :p

Aliem
02-23-2008, 04:38 AM

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. Well, at least the first part. Don't know about lithium. :plmao, heck yes, sir. Heck yes.

It's 1:38 AM and I've just brewed a pot of coffee. Have I got a problem?

Feasul
02-23-2008, 04:54 AM
It's 3:53 here, I don't need coffee to stay awake, just a messed up sleep cycle. I think I've got the bigger problem.

Pineconn
02-23-2008, 04:57 AM
It's 1:38 AM and I've just brewed a pot of coffee. Have I got a problem?

Nope. It's almost 4 A.M. here and I have a 2 liter of Pepsi One by my side. If anything I'd say I have the problem. *yawns*

Aliem
02-23-2008, 05:02 AM
Ahh, I'm glad I'm not the only one who's drinking obscene amounts of caffeine so late it's early ^_^

phattonez
02-23-2008, 05:21 AM
It's 1:30 and I'm hungry. Not a good combo.

MasterSwordUltima
02-23-2008, 11:21 AM
This is the absolute best video on youtube. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3mpbx0wFks&NR=1)

I especially love all the Honda's that constantly kill Rock.

Russ
02-23-2008, 01:28 PM

Oh. You mean you never relized that quote was said by Obi-Wan? When I read it, Star Wars was the first thing that came to my mind.

Pineconn
02-24-2008, 01:06 AM
This is the most amazing thing I've ever seen in my life. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBxztviDr8)

This is equally as amazing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxqsi-DtPuA&NR=1) knowing that the actors are the same ones from the first one.

MasterSwordUltima
02-24-2008, 07:22 AM
No, the one I posted was over 8 minutes long, and not a Famicon Disk System ad. Hell, the music alone in my video is awesome.

Aegix Drakan
02-24-2008, 01:06 PM
Wow...So I wasn't alone in staying up late? On friday I had an overnight gaming thing at a friend's house. :P If it hadn't been for Jolt (anb denergy drink) I'd have zonked out around 2 AM. I still can't belive I only slept at 7:00 AM. And by the time I came home, it was 11:00 PM the next night. Now...I think I had work to do...but I can't remember if I did. @_@

And the most nausiatingly cute, yet scary thing on youtube...try looking up the Egg song. >_< oh my gosh...My firend made me watch it and what the hell... We agreed, it was too scary to exist.

rock_nog
02-24-2008, 01:29 PM
A shame Nintendo didn't release SMB2j here originally. They coulda made a killing replacing smashed controllers.

The_Amaster
02-24-2008, 02:31 PM
*groans*
I just spent three hours with a cordless drill in hand, dismanteling an large artificial amphitheater complete with multiple levels, balconies, and four staircases.
My back hurts like hell.

*goes off to have a hot bath*

MoonCheese
02-24-2008, 03:11 PM
A shame Nintendo didn't release SMB2j here originally. They coulda made a killing replacing smashed controllers.

Ever since I played SMB2J, I wished Nintendo had released that game worldwide. They also should have released the unaltered Doki Doki Panic, which could have become a whole series as well. It would probably need a less Japanese-sounding title though.

MasterSwordUltima
02-24-2008, 03:51 PM
*groans*
I just spent three hours with a cordless drill in hand, dismanteling an large artificial amphitheater complete with multiple levels, balconies, and four staircases.
My back hurts like hell.

*goes off to have a hot bath*

This is why most authorities are against vandalism.

phattonez
02-24-2008, 03:58 PM
It was vandalism? What's an artificial amphitheater anyway?

MasterSwordUltima
02-24-2008, 04:13 PM
No, thats the joke.

The_Amaster
02-24-2008, 05:21 PM
Oh, sorry, forgot to say: it was for drama club. Our Hamlet production just ended, and we needed our set off the stage before the orchestra sets up tomorrow.

Amphitheater isn't the best word for it, but I'm not sure how to describe the shape. Think the three upper sides of a hexagon, 15 feet tall and about 20 feet on a side.

phattonez
02-25-2008, 12:28 AM
So how does everyone here deal with insomnia?

Aliem
02-25-2008, 12:31 AM
I just sit around and watch TV till I finally fall asleep. And if it really starts to bug me, I take some nyquill. I should probably get a prescription, though =\

Icey
02-25-2008, 01:02 AM
I either try to sleep or I don't try to sleep. I've tried sleeping pills, making a regular sleep schedule, showering in the middle of the night if I'm still tired, drinking warm milk, relaxation techniques, the whole nine yards.

I haven't slept more than a couple hours in the past 5 days. It sucks. I've even been running a lot (several miles a day) to try and make myself physically exhausted as well as mentally tired... but I still can't sleep.

Good luck.

MoonCheese
02-25-2008, 01:28 AM
I used to have horrible insomnia. It would take me 6 hours or more to get to sleep some nights! It mostly went away when I moved to a new apartment and got a proper bed instead of an air bed.

Now, I usually don't have too much trouble getting to sleep, but my bedtime has been creeping later and later. I think it's my OCD, I keep thinking I have to get X, Y, and Z tasks done each day, but I put them off or they take longer than expected, then I think of something else I should do before going to sleep, and so on.

phattonez
02-25-2008, 01:30 AM
Well my situation isn't that bad, but I usually sleep 8-10 hours a night, so anything less is just terrible for me.

What worked for me when I had it before was drinking some milk, turning all the lights out and watching a movie. That one really worked for me, and it was a good thing that class started at 12 the next day.

MasterSwordUltima
02-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Beat off like theres no tommorrow. Not only is it physically demanding, but the result naturally takes away a ton of your energy.

Russ
02-25-2008, 11:39 AM
Beat off like theres no tommorrow. Not only is it physically demanding, but the result naturally takes away a ton of your energy.
Why didn't I ever think of that? It seems like most of the time I want to go to sleep, it takes me two hours to fall asleep.

Aliem
02-25-2008, 03:10 PM
Why didn't I ever think of that? It seems like most of the time I want to go to sleep, it takes me two hours to fall asleep.That's a problem I've had, too - even on nights I don't drink a pot of coffee at 1 am ;p

phattonez
02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
The trick that usually works for me is drinking some milk and not thinking about what's been going on. That's what usually keeps me up, so if I try to focus on something else (like picturing what's on the tv with the sound playing) it helps me fall asleep pretty quickly.

Aegix Drakan
02-25-2008, 03:22 PM
I just close my eyes and let my imagination wander.

...and if I'm really having trouble sleeping, I'll drink some camomile tea.

...and if it's totally hopeless, I'll take out a textbook and try to read it while lying down on my bed. I'll eventually fall asleep. (Ok, I haven't done this to get to sleep, but I'm sure it'll work, considering all the times I've fallen asleep when I was supposed to study.)

Russ
02-25-2008, 03:37 PM
Sometimes I just start up my computer, open the ZC quest maker, and make the most boring part of the quest imaginable (like making cutscenes). That normally makes me fall asleep.

The_Amaster
02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Deep breathes, while you focus your mind on a pure white whiteness.

It usually works pretty well. If that doesn't work, imagine yourself in that math class we've all had at one point or another with the most boring teacher on the planet droning on and on about how X was equal to Y, but only if multiplied by Pi, and stuff.

Pineconn
02-25-2008, 07:13 PM
Turn on C-SPAN and force yourself to watch it. :scared:

erm2003
02-25-2008, 07:22 PM
And the award for the best response goes to...

Pineconn
02-25-2008, 10:12 PM
It's stupid things like this that make YouTube worthwhile. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6BVyu7Xvi4&NR=1)

Yes, I watched the entire video. I loved every second of it. This is why, kids, you should play a sport or something.

I'm stuck on dialup for the night, so it'll take a bit to load that video... but the title is promising. "Fat kid screaming". Can't go wrong.

If you watched this video and wondered what he was saying, [this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBVmfIUR1DA)] has a translation of what he said. Beware, because it's not pretty.

Icey
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
It's so obviously staged. No one gets that pissed off about a game loading. Plus, why would it be filmed if it weren't staged? If he wanted to make it look real he should have at least come up with something better than "I want to pllaaaaaay waah"

likesallusions
02-25-2008, 10:45 PM
I just spent over half an hour getting myself up to date from my last post a week ago, and I'm getting tired.

A lot of times, what makes me sleepy is listening to various CDs (both metal and softer stuff like Nightwish and A Beautiful Mind Soundtrack) and sit on the edge of my bed, close my eyes, and let my mind either wander with the music or elsewhere, and eventually I'll have a hard time standing up straight and walking to get ready for bed because I'm so tired. Seriously, when I think about it, it's kinda like I'm a little drunk (I've never been, can't stand the smell of alchohol becuase it makes me sick).

Aliem
02-25-2008, 11:32 PM
I hope from the bottom of my soul that this translation is accurate, because anyone who pushes his stuff off of his desk saying "Outta my way!" is just.... well, it's just heartwarming.

Blisspath
02-25-2008, 11:36 PM
melatonin is the answer for insomnia..if you are over 21 that is...really deep sleep with freaky dreams:) If that doesn't work you might need to ask your Dr. about a sleep study.

Russ
02-25-2008, 11:58 PM
I hope from the bottom of my soul that this translation is accurate, because anyone who pushes his stuff off of his desk saying "Outta my way!" is just.... well, it's just heartwarming.
That seems like major anger issues to me.

Pineconn
02-25-2008, 11:59 PM
If you read the description, you'd have found this:

I am not sick or mad, I only have a sense of humor not everyone immediately understands. In addition, I have acting talent. I can do something so real that many think it is real. For this reason I will be insulted by many and hated. The aim of my videos or movies is to entertain people, not provoke. Nobody should take my short videos on the Internet seriously - they are merely for entertainment. No matter what people think or say, I am a very normal boy with acting talent.

So basically, it's a satire on government control over violent video games. But it's still funny.

Feasul
02-26-2008, 06:26 AM
If that doesn't work, imagine yourself in that math class we've all had at one point or another with the most boring teacher on the planet droning on and on about how X was equal to Y, but only if multiplied by Pi, and stuff.

X = Y only if pi*X = pi*Y? Well, that's certainly true. Unless you meant that X = Y only if pi*X = Y. Then that's only true X = Y = 0. But it seems like you meant to say that X = Y, but it's impossible to derive that unless you first derive that pi*X = pi*Y, and that just makes no sense. I mean, the statement "X = Y only if C*X = C*Y" holds for any constant C, not just pi. In fact, "X = Y if and only if C*X = C*Y" holds for any C, except C = 0, of course.

(Disecting mathematical statements said by someone who obviously is not a mathematician in jest to illustrate apparently boring complexities in algebra is an insomniac hobby of mine.)

Icey
02-26-2008, 06:38 AM
Haha, nice, Feasul. I think Amaster was probably just going for rhyming and stuff, but you hit the nail on the head :p

Feasul
02-26-2008, 06:48 AM
Hey, I ain't in Multivariate Calculus for nuthin'.
Feasul Elessar, cleaning up filth one nonsensical equation at a time! *superman pose*

The_Amaster
02-26-2008, 05:58 PM
*Bemused*
Okay, I could get into this. :mischief:

Unless you meant that X = Y only if pi*X = Y. Then that's only true X = Y = 0.
How do you figure? Unless MV Calc completely revamps the laws of basic mathamatics.

Assume a value of X = 2. Then by Pi*X = Y, one determines Y to be 6.29. (Roughly. I know Pi is infinite.) Just think a standard Circumference problem.

erm2003
02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
^^ That's why he followed it up with saying they are both true only when X and Y are equal to 0.

Icey
02-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Yes, conditional statements are generally important in mathematics. Everything has to be defined somehow. Best to read them definitions :p

The_Amaster
02-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Ohhh, both.
Well, yeah, then the variables have to be 0.

Prrkitty
02-26-2008, 07:13 PM
I do fair enough with simple math (addition, subtraction, division, etc). Get much past algebra and I'm *SO* lost it's not funny. I absolutely hated geometry... I just couldn't understand it.

Glad math isn't really something I need to get by with generic living. :)

Pineconn
02-26-2008, 08:51 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/eeeeeee.png

There, that's much more fun.

MoonCheese
02-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Why is the math in Pineconn's post reminding me of my Calculus 2 days when we had to use hyperbolic functions to do some weird-looking integrals?

I was good at math until about halfway through Calculus 2. I haven't retained much of anything from after that.

Aegix Drakan
02-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Ahoo...just finished watching the last episode of FLCL (also known as Furi-Kuri)

Most random anime...ever...@_@

Hey lilith, that's where you got your avatar from, right?

The_Amaster
02-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Ohhhh
Ride on Shooting Starrrr-o
whay o something something
Sometimes you don wann it (I think)
Somthing, ummm, hummmm

Man, I never understood what that song was saying.
Fun anime though.

(Wow, my spellcheck recognized "emails" but not "anime"? Wierd.)

phattonez
02-26-2008, 11:18 PM
My cup of ice smells like soap, paper soaked with soap.

Pineconn
02-26-2008, 11:21 PM
So I have to write a 4-page Modest Proposal, due Thursday. I really don't feel like it.

Some people got good topics, like illegal immigration or obesity, but I had to get junkyards. How am I supposed to write a satire on trash? Ehhh.

Feasul
02-26-2008, 11:56 PM
I have to write a paper the equivalent of 5 pages single spaced on Platonic Realism, due by the end of the week. I should really do that. It's an interesting topic and I like writing, but damn, I hate having to concentrate.

Russ
02-27-2008, 12:47 AM
I have to write a paper on the fourth king of Rome. It sounds much more interesting than junkyards.

MoonCheese
02-27-2008, 12:27 PM
I like some types of writing, but not "English-class essay with research to prove an opinion" type of writing. I like writing fiction, or stuff like game guides.

Russ
02-27-2008, 12:51 PM
Ilike writing fiction, or stuff like game guides.
I love writing fiction! It's something that just comes naturaly to me.

MoonCheese
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Have you completed any fiction?

I have the problem that I often procrastinate, or start something and decide it's not good enough. I think the reason I put off working on writing (or ZC, etc.) is because I don't think people will think it's good.

Aegix Drakan
02-27-2008, 02:42 PM
I think the reason I put off working on writing (or ZC, etc.) is because I don't think people will think it's good.

Don't let that hold you down. All that matters is that YOU think it's good. there is always bound to be at least one person who doesn't like your work, so you shouldn't really care about that. Just do your best, and you'll find that there are definetely peole who will enjoy your work.

bwaaaah...woke up late this morning, and there was no quick and easy to make breakfast materials, so I went to school on an empty stomch. Surviving the morning on just a piece of bubblegum isn't fun.

So now I'm back at home, and one bowl of chicken soup late,r I feel better. And I'm working my way through a bowl of hot noodles as I type.

now the dillema is that I face is thta I'm REALLY not in the right mindset to work, but I need to start getting shit done or I'm really gonna be in trouble.

Russ
02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
Have you completed any fiction?

Sort of. In my writing class a few years ago, the teacher would give everyone short fiction stories to re-write. I would always just keep the basic idea, and go way off on my own story with it. For instance, she gave us the Fix and the Crow to re-write. I wrote an epic five page novel that was not quite unlike Lord of the Rings, yet I stuck with the same basic plot element. I was the envy of the class, along with someone else who got the teacher's praise for using humoungsly big words.

MoonCheese
02-27-2008, 03:41 PM
I had a high school class that involved writing fiction (as well as boring stuff like grammar exercises). I would often write science fiction or post-apocalyptic fiction, or something with a fantasy element (I never got to write a full fantasy story in that class), and most people just wrote boring stories like "Me and my friends went to a basketball game. One side or the other won. The crowd went nuts. We went home." that were chock full of spelling and grammatical errors.

Russ
02-27-2008, 04:08 PM
I had a high school class that involved writing fiction (as well as boring stuff like grammar exercises). I would often write science fiction or post-apocalyptic fiction, or something with a fantasy element (I never got to write a full fantasy story in that class), and most people just wrote boring stories like "Me and my friends went to a basketball game. One side or the other won. The crowd went nuts. We went home." that were chock full of spelling and grammatical errors.
Your stories seem like they would be interesting. It was sort of like that in my class, but most of the other kids had more creativity than that.

ShadowTiger
02-27-2008, 04:24 PM
I love that sort of fiction. Fiction resembling the Fallout series, or the Vorkosigan Saga. It's all I've been reading as of late. What's your setting, MoonCheese?

phattonez
02-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Have you ever had a day where you just weren't hungry and you don't eat anything? I'm usually up for 3 big meals a day, but today I just don't seem to care.

Russ
02-27-2008, 05:22 PM
Have you ever had a day where you just weren't hungry and you don't eat anything? I'm usually up for 3 big meals a day, but today I just don't seem to care.
Ya, I've had days like that before. It normally means I'm about to get sick though.

phattonez
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
I'm not feeling sick though, I'm just generally pissed about stuff right now.

The_Amaster
02-27-2008, 05:35 PM
Woah, ST, intense avatar. Now, don't turn all evil on us and go join some megalomaniacal madman in a mask, or anything.

You know what, on second thought, turn evil and join me. Together we can rule the world! Muahahahahahahah!a

Pineconn
02-27-2008, 05:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/creepything1.pnghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/creepything2.png

Doubly as creepy!

Russ
02-27-2008, 06:19 PM
You know what, on second thought, turn evil and join me. Together we can rule the world! Muahahahahahahah!a
And then everyone else at AGN can laugh at how mierably you two fail. :D

MoonCheese
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
I love that sort of fiction. Fiction resembling the Fallout series, or the Vorkosigan Saga. It's all I've been reading as of late. What's your setting, MoonCheese?

Right now, I'm working on a heroic-fantasy type world...I haven't done post-apocalyptic stuff in a while. I had one planned out where most of humanity was on other planets, but the protagonist was one of only about 1000 still on Earth, underground because the surface is contaminated with fallout and such, but schoolwork got in the way and I eventually forgot about it. This was my first semester of university, which involved a lot of writing-intensive classes even after I dropped two of them due to some incredibly tough teachers.

The_Amaster
02-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Sounds interesting. I'd probably read that.
Any chance you could post a small sample of your writing, just so I personally can judge how much I like it. (I won't really tell you my comments, because I'm a control-freak critic. :D)

MoonCheese
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
I would, only I don't have much on this computer. My other computer isn't on teh intarwebz currently. And I haven't done much actual fiction lately, mostly revising the world. I'll probably start writing actual fiction again soon, as people seem to be interested in it.

Aegix Drakan
02-27-2008, 09:48 PM
...Dammit.

For the first time since I dropped ZC (a long time ago) I suddenly got a stroke of genius for a quest Idea. (plus, coupled with the fact that I want to take all these new features for a test drive).

unnnnfortunately, I don't think I can justify the time to make a ZC quest (however short) with the ominous deadline of doom approaching on a few weeks, while my work isn't quite on a roll.

(I think I can make it, but If I get addicted to ZC again...then I'm definetely screwed)

:( But this inspiration...must...use... uhhh....I hate dillemas...

Icey
02-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Should I take a course on Rational Points on Elliptic Curves? It'll be number theory stuff and it might be both boring and excruciating for me, but it fulfills an elusive seminar requirement. GE Seminars are generally really small and hard to get into. I guess most people aren't enrolling in this cuz it's "scary math stuff". However, I'd have to give up taking Government and Politics of Japan as the times conflict. In which case I would take African Political Economy instead.

So which is it? Take Rational Points on Elliptic Curves w/ African Political Economy or keep Government and Politics of Japan?

=/

phattonez
02-27-2008, 10:59 PM
^^Hey, no one has told me that I need a GE seminar. Are you just not willing to take two Writing II classes or is this for everyone?

Sir_Johnamus
02-27-2008, 11:00 PM
I like the Rational Points idea. Government is just too inconsistent. Elliptic curves will be the same a long time from now. Just what I think.

Wow. 24th page of about 100 posts per page.

me2
02-27-2008, 11:00 PM
Hey AGN. I'm making my biannual rounds again. I think the last time I actively posted here was in... 2005? Wow.

PS: Thanks for corrupting me at such an early age. I don't think life would be quite as enjoyable if I didn't. id probly b talkin like dis and quoting Family Guy/Borat/Napoleon Dynamite every 3 minutes.

The_Amaster
02-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm sorry.
Your collage offers a class on Rational Points on Elliptic Curves?
Ho...how?
I mean, how long is the class. How much can you discuss on the stupid things. A week or two, sure, but a course!?

phattonez
02-27-2008, 11:02 PM
Hey AGN. I'm making my biannual rounds again. I think the last time I actively posted here was in... 2005? Wow.

PS: Thanks for corrupting me at such an early age. I don't think life would be quite as enjoyable if I didn't. id probly b talkin like dis and quoting Family Guy/Borat/Napoleon Dynamite every 3 minutes.

I'm glad that we could educate some people.

How is this for irony: I try to spell "educate" but I first spell it with a j like "edjucate" and I can't figure out why Firefox keeps underlining it.

me2
02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
I'm glad that we could educate some people.

How is this for irony: I try to spell "educate" but I first spell it with a j like "edjucate" and I can't figure out why Firefox keeps underlining it.

I've been pronouncing "archives" phonetically for the past 7 years and I'm confused when people correct me. And apparently ASCII is not pronounced "A-S-C-I-I" but rather "Ass-key". And I always spell village with two i's.

It's probably my inner dumbass reaching out.

Icey
02-27-2008, 11:11 PM
phattonez: I don't want to take any more classes than I have to because I'm doing a double major. So no, I don't want to take two writing II classes (and the only GE requirements I still need are philosophy, physical science, and life science. this would be a seminar in phys sci and I would later take a writing II in philosophy). But yeah you don't NEED a GE seminar.

MoonCheese
02-27-2008, 11:13 PM
I've been pronouncing "archives" phonetically for the past 7 years and I'm confused when people correct me. And apparently ASCII is not pronounced "A-S-C-I-I" but rather "Ass-key".

I still say "ay ess see eye eye".

My mom often spells words with the "soft G" sound with a J instead, such as "majic".

phattonez
02-27-2008, 11:26 PM
phattonez: I don't want to take any more classes than I have to because I'm doing a double major. So no, I don't want to take two writing II classes (and the only GE requirements I still need are philosophy, physical science, and life science. this would be a seminar in phys sci and I would later take a writing II in philosophy). But yeah you don't NEED a GE seminar.

Oh, are you going to take Philosophy 22W? Which Life Science are you going to take?

Icey
02-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Yeah probably philosophy 22W. And eventually I'll most likely take Geography 5 or something easy like that (I need a lab class).

lol, now we've turned this thread into a UCLA class planner :p

Edit: What classes are everyone else looking into or taking right now, if you're a student? Which do you enjoy, and which do you hate?

phattonez
02-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Oh, well I'm taking 22W right now. It's really not that much writing, I was surprised that it's a Writing II class.

I'm taking Chem 14C (Organic Chem), Life Science 3 (I'm actually not sure what it is more specifically), and Physics 6A (Physics for Life-Science Majors) next quarter.

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 02:43 AM
So I have to write a 4-page Modest Proposal, due Thursday. I really don't feel like it.

Some people got good topics, like illegal immigration or obesity, but I had to get junkyards. How am I supposed to write a satire on trash? Ehhh.

Yep, I'm almost done and it's 1:43 A.M. here. Tomorrow will be a bad school day. :sleep:

Russ
02-28-2008, 02:58 AM
Yep, I'm almost done and it's 1:43 A.M. here. Tomorrow will be a bad school day. :sleep:
Well, it's about 11:00 here, and I just finished a science project that is due tomorrow. Procrastination is something I really have to learn to control.

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 03:08 AM
Well, that was fun. I wrote 1,317 words in one day. I am now prepared for college.....not.

I'll actually be able to post regularly tomorrow.

Icey
02-28-2008, 03:12 AM
I'm taking discrete structures (math 61), calculus of several variables (math 32b), differential equations (math 33b), and public finance (economics 130) right now.

Right now I've enrolled in Political Science 143A (California Politics) and Political Science M167C (Political Economy of Development) for next quarter. I'm most likely to get Math 98T (rational points on elliptic curves) and Poli Sci 151B (African Political Economy) for next quarter, but I'm also looking at some other clases, which I might take if they are still open when I get to enroll again: including gov't and politics of Japan (which I ended up dropping for now), nationalism and zionism, Islam and politics, and some others. We'll see what happens I guess. But yeah, my schedule should be pretty interesting next quarter. =)

Pineconn: College is actually a lot more reading than writing. Well, if you take social sciences. If you take hard sciences/math there isn't really any writing, some reading but not necessarily in what you might think is English (this applies to math especially ;)), and lots and lots of problems.

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 03:19 AM
Yeeeeeeesss. (You can sense my late-night enthusiasm.) I enjoy reading textbooks, actually. And since I'm taking AP English, I can hopefully get college credit for English so I won't ever have to take it again/take it as much.

Feasul
02-28-2008, 06:38 AM
I'm in Metaphysics (I really need to get on that paper. One paragraph does not a paper make.), Multivariate Calc (It's so hard to stay awake in that class when I never sleep), Creative Actor, and Intro to Shakespeare. It's too early to pick my classes for next fall but I'm thinking Intro to Physics w/Calc, Elementary Hebrew, History of the Hebrew Bible, and either Linear Algebra or Into to Analysis.

Russ
02-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, i just found out why procrastination is never good. Last night, I finished my science homework at about 11:00. I didn't fall asleep until about 12:00. My alarm woke me up at 7:00. I can hardle keep my eyes open know. I just want to sleep. :sleep:

Feasul
02-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Wimp. Try staying up till 8:30a.m. finishing a paper for a class you have at 9, then enduring that class (which gets pretty physically active) for 3 hours (yes, 3 hours) and then immediately sitting down in math class for 75 minutes and trying to stay awake. Then you will know how it feels to stay up late,
(My first though reading your post was "Wait, there are people who actually go to bed at midnight? Weird.")
(That's not true. My first thought was "wimp". Then I thought the business about people going to bed at midnight.;))

Russ
02-28-2008, 12:30 PM
Okay, I guess that's a lot worsse than my experiance.

Feasul
02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Not really, actually, it was my own damn fault. I'd have gotten it done a lot earlier but I stayed up till about 3 just distracting myself with youtube and this place.

Russ
02-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Not really, actually, it was my own damn fault. I'd have gotten it done a lot earlier but I stayed up till about 3 just distracting myself with youtube and this place.
That sounds like me. :D

MoonCheese
02-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I used to have bad insomnia in my old noisy apartment some nights. Once, I ended up staying up all night because of it. I was so tired the next day (I'm not good with lack of sleep like most people my age seem to be) and I had a big test, too. It felt like I was partially sleeping all day.

phattonez
02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
My roommate has his bed right above my desk, and I swear he's taking a crap up there. It's never smelled so bad in here.

Icey
02-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Yeah, when I had a triple, the guy who had the raised bed had the desk under it to... it only made sense. For that and other reasons.

Open a window.

phattonez
02-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I have whatever is on the bottom, and it works out best for me. I'm the tallest and the clumsiest with heights.

My roommate always has the window and the drapes open all the way. It pisses me off that he does that on days when my classes start at 12. I'm almost always the first to wake up (usually around 8 except for days when I have to get up earlier) so I tell him that I'll open it when I wake up, but he opens it anyway. Asshole.

The_Amaster
02-28-2008, 06:20 PM
And since I'm taking AP English, I can hopefully get college credit for English so I won't ever have to take it again/take it as much.
Hoo yeah!
You know, AP English isn't actually all that hard. Oh sure, the standards are high, but the workload isn't that bad.
Although I'm kind of sick of practice tests. We've had three multiple choice and a writing in the last two weeks alone.

I've been pronouncing "archives" phonetically for the past 7 years and I'm confused when people correct me. And apparently ASCII is not pronounced "A-S-C-I-I" but rather "Ass-key".

Funny, I've always pronounced it "ass-cuzy". Dunno why.

deathbyhokie
02-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Hoo yeah!
You know, AP English isn't actually all that hard. Oh sure, the standards are high, but the workload isn't that bad.
Although I'm kind of sick of practice tests. We've had three multiple choice and a writing in the last two weeks alone.

English Grammer or Lit? I took the Lit one years ago, and I don't remeber any mutiple choice sections. Just three essays they expected you to BS about for several pages.

The_Amaster
02-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Composition actually. How to write an essay, how to effectively use Rhetoric, how to make an argument, provide backing and justification, and of course how to analyze all these things in someone else's essay.

Lit is next year.

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Yeah, but I don't like getting a 97% on a multiple choice quiz over a reading and getting only five (or so) of the eight (or so) questions right.

We go by the nine point essay rubric, and the grading scale for essays are

9: 100%
8: 95%
7: 90%
6: 85%

...all the way to a 65% from getting a score of a 1 on an essay. This....sucks.

The_Amaster
02-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Damn, I got a 6 on today's essay because even though my analysis of the authors rhetoric was spot on and my writing flowed well, had flair, and was well set up, I didn't discuss the authors point until near the end.
The prompt asked me to analyze how he got his point across, and I did. I just didn't mention the point until the end. But I spent the entire essay explaining how he did it.

likesallusions
02-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Taking the concurrent classes in high school can really help. I'm getting my History out of the way and Government and Economics and English next year. At least I think all those will be out of the way. I just would rather avoid all the basics as much as I can that I don't really need when I want to be either an Illustrator, maybe Graphic Designer, and Writer. Graphic Designer was decided for a short time, but it's totally up in the air again, and I have less than a year to decide what the heck I really want to do and what school to do it at.

Ah, procrastination. I know it well.

Icey
02-28-2008, 10:05 PM
Okay, phattonez, I just looked at the syllabus for your Philosophy 22W class... and... wtf?... it has substantially less writing than the PS 10 course I took. Just... wow -_-. I wish I had gotten writing II credit for that, ugh.

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 10:07 PM
I wrote the shortest essay the last time (argument), but I was the only person to get a 9. :p

What's better than procrastination?

phattonez
02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
Okay, phattonez, I just looked at the syllabus for your Philosophy 22W class... and... wtf?... it has substantially less writing than the PS 10 course I took. Just... wow -_-. I wish I had gotten writing II credit for that, ugh.

Yeah, I thought that a Writing II class would actually have a lot of writing. I only have to do 10 homework assignments that are a page long, and then 3 papers throughout the quarter, and they range from 4-7 pages each. It's really simple. I guess it's Writing II because all we do is explain the points of philosophers (sometimes with really complex ideas) and there is very little creative work.

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I only have to do 10 homework assignments that are a page long, and then 3 papers throughout the quarter, and they range from 4-7 pages each. It's really simple.

http://smilies.vidahost.com/cwm/cwm/eek7.gif That sounds like a lot to me. Well, I could deal with the 10 single page homework assignments, but I don't know about the three additional papers. Wouldn't you much rather take a course in which you create a video game?

Shyvus
02-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Speaking of writing, I ran into over 15 cases of an abused semicolon today while editing a newspaper I help with.

The sad thing is that I always end up correcting the editor's edits, because she is terrible at grammar and sentence structure. She took an editorial I wrote, (which I already feel dirty for writing, though I did try to make it as investigative as possible) and edited it into a gramatically atrocious waste of print.

Which I then spent an hour fixing. But I'm not the editor in chief, so she gets the final say of the edits.

Sad. So very, very sad.

Icey
02-28-2008, 10:41 PM
Awesome. Now journalists not only don't know anything about the topic they're writing on, they also don't know how to write?

What exactly do they learn?

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 10:42 PM
The semicolon is not difficult to use; however, not many people use it. They should combine the colon and the semicolon, since both have relatively similar uses.

phattonez
02-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I don't want a semicolon stomping all over my colon. Colons are rarely used with me, I have semi-colons all the time. My writing wouldn't do well with the two of them being the same.

Russ
02-28-2008, 10:58 PM
What's better than procrastination?
Oh, I really learned my lesson about procrastination. I stayed up so late doing homework, I think I almost fell asleep in class, when I was interested in what the teacher was talking about!

The_Amaster
02-28-2008, 11:00 PM
Yeah, for semi-colons and colons I just use whatever one "feels right".

Wow, Pineconn, you got a 9? You mus be a really good essayist.

Shyvus
02-28-2008, 11:00 PM
The semicolon is not difficult to use; however, not many people use it. They should combine the colon and the semicolon, since both have relatively similar uses.

No they don't.

Semicolon is used to join independent clauses in compound sentences, to further separate items in a series or to further clarify two long and complicated clauses that already have a conjunction (but, and...) if commas would just be too confusing.

Colons are used to denote the beginning of lists, explanations, in writing time, in business letters (there's a few more that aren't coming to mind)

Pineconn
02-28-2008, 11:02 PM
But they definitely could. The MLA (or whoever) could easily convert the semicolon into a colon. If so, the following sentence would look fine: "The semicolon is not difficult to use: however, not many people use it," though it is currently incorrect.

Who was it...... I think it was Henry David Thoreau who always mixed up semicolons and colons. (If not, it was my good friend Tommy Paine.)

Oh, I really learned my lesson about procrastination. I stayed up so late doing homework, I think I almost fell asleep in class, when I was interested in what the teacher was talking about!

Yeah, but the days you are not working ahead on a project or paper converts to more free time. This streamline of free time is unbalanced and eventually severed if you constantly work on a project for a little bit of time each day. Thus, you are less happy.

Just like right now. In the remaining hour of free time I could be doing Government section reviews, but instead I'm going to try to beat the Boost Guardian of Metroid Prime 2 on hard mode. Which is very difficult, by the way.

Wow, Pineconn, you got a 9? You mus be a really good essayist.

Nah, I'm just a good persuasive writer. I'm terrible when it comes to rhetoric-analysis or synthesis writing.

Shyvus
02-28-2008, 11:11 PM
;1164302]
Nah, I'm just a good persuasive writer. I'm terrible when it comes to rhetoric-analysis or synthesis writing.

I'm the opposite. I hate trying to convince people of things. I figure if they haven't already come to their senses, I shouldn't be wasting my time.

Blisspath
02-28-2008, 11:14 PM
I don't mind my editor fixing my screwups because I basically suck at punctuation. I just wish he would ask before changing my titles and adding his own two cents to my articles...heck if it weren't for bad writers..then we wouldn't need editors:)

Pineconn
02-29-2008, 12:19 AM
Just like right now. In the remaining hour of free time I could be doing Government section reviews, but instead I'm going to try to beat the Boost Guardian of Metroid Prime 2 on hard mode. Which is very difficult, by the way.

ZOMG, I actually beat it!! Plus 400 Pineconn Dollars for everybody!

That was the most intense mini-boss scene I've ever played. Much more intense than any Twilight Princess boss. I actually felt my heart slamming against my ribcage at the end.

Feasul
02-29-2008, 03:32 AM
I'm the opposite. I hate trying to convince people of things. I figure if they haven't already come to their senses, I shouldn't be wasting my time.

Then how about writing arguments so that someone else can come along and prove you wrong? That's always fun.

The_Amaster
02-29-2008, 06:28 PM
I always hate persuasive writing because I feel that if I could just talk to the person reading my essay, I could address their specific concerns more effectively, instead of vauge generalizations for an entire audience.

pretty cool guy
02-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I liek the boost guardian. Hard tho, but I got around to it. And btw;

I think AGN users is a really cool guy. Eh posts on forum and doesn't afraid of anything.

sorry for bad inglish. I could not geet 9 on my inglis paper...

phattonez
02-29-2008, 11:21 PM
This is a joke right?

Russ
02-29-2008, 11:22 PM
This is a joke right?
It sounds serious to me.

phattonez
02-29-2008, 11:26 PM
You're joking now too right?

Aegix Drakan
02-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Hey....wasn't that fad supposedly on 4chan?

What is a 4chan fad doing on AGN? 0_o

phattonez
02-29-2008, 11:28 PM
What's that fad?

4chan fads/memes are all over the internet. Why wouldn't they come to AGN?

Aegix Drakan
02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
...and I thought we were safe here....

...all we need now is an epic fail guy...

(and BTW...I don't go on 4CHAN. It's good friend of mine who does. ...and whenever I visit him, he shows me all the random stuff he's saved from that site.)

Pineconn
02-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Great, you've only interested me. *tempted to visit C-SPAN, er, 4CHAN*

phattonez
02-29-2008, 11:50 PM
Everyone in this thread is breaking rules 1 and 2 indirectly. I think an internet punishment is in order.

Russ
02-29-2008, 11:51 PM
You're joking now too right?
That depends. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not. :D

pretty cool guy
03-01-2008, 12:29 AM
I no clue about 4chan.

I jus think you guys doesn't afraid of anything.

phattonez
03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
There's no way that someone who barely knows English forgets to use a verb. Doesn't every language have a verb?

pretty cool guy
03-01-2008, 12:35 AM
it laziness on my part too.

You understand?

phattonez
03-01-2008, 12:44 AM
People don't like laziness around here when it is what causes bad grammar.

pretty cool guy
03-01-2008, 12:46 AM
Well i trying to learn.

sorry. I just thot u guyz doesn't afriad of nothing. it makes me feel good.

phattonez
03-01-2008, 01:02 AM
We don't get afraid, just annoyed.

me2
03-01-2008, 01:23 AM
I went to a Hillary Clinton (ew) rally last night. The staff pulled me out of line and placed me RIGHT BEHIND THE STAGE. I was on Local AND National TV last night.

Here's a video of my on local news. I'm in a white shirt in the bottom right corner.
http://www.khou.com/video/elections-index.html?nvid=222796

phattonez
03-01-2008, 01:39 AM
That video doesn't work for me.

If you don't like her, then why did you go to a rally?

me2
03-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Texas is never important in national politics. By the time we vote, the candidates have already been decided. But this is the first time and probably the only time that Texas can decide the nominee of the Democratic Party. I wanted to go to a political rally because I wanted to get a taste of politics close up. So I went to the Clinton rally. I really wanted to go to the Obama rally today but it was during school hours.

Try watching the video in IE. The website sux.

Russ
03-01-2008, 01:57 AM
Well i trying to learn.

sorry. I just thot u guyz doesn't afriad of nothing. it makes me feel good.
You're really confusing me. :shrug:

The_Amaster
03-01-2008, 10:46 AM
*smiles quietly*
This...this could get interesting...
*sits back to watch*

pretty cool guy
03-01-2008, 12:40 PM
let me try tis...

I admire you guys? that right word?

I always say doesn't afraid of nothing.Is better.

oh and ahaha quote fireworrks are for fagots quote

phattonez
03-01-2008, 12:46 PM
So then I guess that you've been here for a while?

Russ
03-01-2008, 04:14 PM
If it took you five posts just to say "I admire you guys", you should probably study English more.

Pineconn
03-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I went to a Hillary Clinton (ew) rally last night. The staff pulled me out of line and placed me RIGHT BEHIND THE STAGE. I was on Local AND National TV last night.

Here's a video of my on local news. I'm in a white shirt in the bottom right corner.
http://www.khou.com/video/elections-index.html?nvid=222796

Bottom right corner of the video? I don't see you...

me2
03-01-2008, 04:37 PM
...Left. Sorry.

i think learn englis is best. you try pls?

Icey
03-01-2008, 07:10 PM
let me try tis...

I admire you guys? that right word?

I always say doesn't afraid of nothing.Is better.

oh and ahaha quote fireworrks are for fagots quote

Bye troll.

Also, me2, I kind of figured that was what you meant. I wasn't completely sure but I did notice a guy in a white shirt on the bottom left who looked like he didn't want to be there. lol. Well played.

Pineconn
03-01-2008, 07:11 PM
I saw you!

Ah yes, "pretty cool guy" was Pineconn_lolz. Figures.

Blisspath
03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Congrats on the face time..that is how Pamela Anderson got her start so sit by the phone Hollywood may call soon :) I read somewhere that Hillary is not doing well with young voters so they try to get as many behind her at rallys to show that she has their support..I'm don't think anything could help her right now..and I understand about your vote not usually counting..we really need to do something about the election process small states like Iowa and New Hampshire seem to be deciding who our Pres. contenders are going to be.

Masamune
03-01-2008, 07:30 PM
...and I thought we were safe here....

...all we need now is an epic fail guy...

(and BTW...I don't go on 4CHAN. It's good friend of mine who does. ...and whenever I visit him, he shows me all the random stuff he's saved from that site.)

Sounds like quite a party.

The_Amaster
03-01-2008, 07:32 PM
So, that was Lolz, eh?
Well, you have to give him points for creativity at least. Pretending you can't speak English? Pretty effective cover.

phattonez
03-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Except that he must not be good at covering his IP address.

Pineconn
03-01-2008, 08:48 PM
anyone can have pertend not to talk inglesh good. is it easy,

phattonez
03-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Yo creo que es dificil hablar en una otra idioma.

Pineconn
03-01-2008, 09:20 PM
No, no es difÃ*cil. Es fácil si se lo aprende cuando se está joven.

Don't even bother translating that, since it will completely mess it up.

EDIT: Actually, it wasn't as bad as a Spanish to English translation as I thought it would be.

phattonez
03-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Yeah, it wasn't really off at all.

Anyone know Japanese?

The_Amaster
03-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Nein, ich spreche kein Japanish. Naturlich ich spreche Deutsch, aber Japanish ist sehr schwer.

Interestingly enough though, today was my field trip to to the big Japansese marketplace in Chicago. I picked up some Pocky and Hard Candy, and had a good chicken and rice dish.

Pineconn
03-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Mmmm, Pocky! I love Pocky!

...What's Pocky? (It sounds very familiar, though.)

The_Amaster
03-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Kind of a thin cookie stick, coated in chocolate. It's sold in packs of like, 20.

phattonez
03-01-2008, 10:40 PM
What's a cookie stick? Do you mean wafers?

The_Amaster
03-01-2008, 10:45 PM
It's like an eighth of an inch in diameter and about 6 inches long. It actually has the consistency of a cracker, but the taste of a wafer. And the upper 5 inches are coated in chocolate.

EDIT: Pic
http://www.magnulus.com/images/060629pocky.jpg

phattonez
03-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Is it like those Keebler cookie wafer things but covered in chocolate?

The_Amaster
03-01-2008, 10:51 PM
Dunno. I don't think I've ever had them. Suprising, because I've sampled most Keebler products. (My dad used to work for them when I was little)

phattonez
03-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh, I think I've had stuff like that, but instead of chocolate, it was some kind of fruit flavoring.

The_Amaster
03-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Strawberry Pocky?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/Pocky_strawberry.jpg/300px-Pocky_strawberry.jpg

That stuff's even better.

Masamune
03-02-2008, 12:41 AM
Pocky really isn't all that great. =\

phattonez
03-02-2008, 03:06 AM
It was some Asian thing, and it was really good. I don't know if there was a cookie in the middle, maybe it was good taste all the way through. I don't remember.

Feasul
03-02-2008, 03:51 AM
Yeah, it wasn't really off at all.

Anyone know Japanese?

Watashi-wa L desu. (God I love Death Note) My best friend is studying Japanese, I just watch lots of anime.
Or, for a random Latin phrase, "Omnia Galia in tres partes divisa est. Quid quid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentis."
Baruch attah Adonai, eloheinu melech ha-olam.
My mother's from Russia, I really should know how to speak it, but I don't. I'm a terrible son.

And pocky's awesome. It's like tiny pretzel sticks covered in sweet toppings.
In fact, that's exactly what it's like.

Shyvus
03-02-2008, 05:09 AM
Watashi-wa L desu. (God I love Death Note) My best friend is studying Japanese, I just watch lots of anime.
Or, for a random Latin phrase, "Omnia Galia in tres partes divisa est. Quid quid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentis."
My mother's from Russia, I really should know how to speak it, but I don't. I'm a terrible son.

sans salt crystals

Icey
03-02-2008, 05:11 AM
That is, indeed, an important qualifier.

Deviance
03-02-2008, 06:35 AM
Ok so my mom's surgery went well. She was released from the hospital Friday. Before she went into surgery Monday my g/f (now ex at the moment) Had a nasty fight and I ended up breaking the relationship the next day. Well now she all wants me back. She was boo hooing to my aunt and I realized I fucked up cause the proof that I had she was up to no good was false. So her and I talked about it. I asked her back out now she says I want to think about it first. Meh Woman... You woman confuse the living shit out of us guys sometimes.

MasterSwordUltima
03-02-2008, 06:19 PM

Wow, you're the first russian here besides me that I remember. :O

Also, pocky is so lame. I'm sick of the whole anime-otaku thing. Otaku means a seriously filthy obsessed shut-in. It also means house. Why are people praising it so much?

As for if anyone speaks japanese, Sute can. She stopped about a year or two ago, because of all the fucking kawaii bullshit. Honestly, do you otaku kids really think that japanese people just watch and draw anime all day while eating their ramen and pocky? Just like how americans have nice luscious green lawns in the suburbs, with their 2.5 kids and their dog, eating hotdogs and drinking coca-cola? Yeah okay.

---

In other news, I got a new zippo two days ago, and haven't put it down since. Its utterly amazing some of the tricks people can do with them. I myself have been practicing rolling it between my fingers, and have pretty much mastered the Twilight Zone trick [where you give off the mirage that you seal the flame in your hand with the flame vanishing from the lighter, and then however you wish to do so, make the flame reappear.]

Its a ton of fun.

phattonez
03-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I was gonna say, what's the trick? But then I saw the part about coming back on.

Anybody know anything about Kant? I have to write a paper about him and I have no idea what his justification is for his ideas on ethics. Seriously, why does language have to be so complex?

The_Amaster
03-02-2008, 06:43 PM
So I just took the practice ACT and got an average of a 32. I'm somewhat excited, needless to say. Highest was Science with a 34, at only one question wrong due to misreading a chart.
Lowest was Math at 30, where one question I misunderstood (It was asking for perimeter, I put area), and four at the end that were on stuff I hadn't even heard of before.

Yay me. :kawaii:

Russ
03-02-2008, 07:19 PM
Wow, those are pretty good scores. :thumbsup:

The_Amaster
03-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Also, pocky is so lame. I'm sick of the whole anime-otaku thing. Otaku means a seriously filthy obsessed shut-in. It also means house. Why are people praising it so much?

As for if anyone speaks japanese, Sute can. She stopped about a year or two ago, because of all the fucking kawaii bullshit. Honestly, do you otaku kids really think that japanese people just watch and draw anime all day while eating their ramen and pocky? Just like how americans have nice luscious green lawns in the suburbs, with their 2.5 kids and their dog, eating hotdogs and drinking coca-cola? Yeah okay.

Oh, my God, yes! It scares me now, it really does. Last year my schools Japan club actually had people interested in Japanse culture. This year...I almost want to kill myself. If I wasn't a board member, I'd leave. The guys are all mecha and game otakus, and the girls are all raving fangirls.
"OMG, like, did you see Naruto last night?" "Oh, I know, Gaara is soooo hot."

*Gets depressed*

Icey
03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
No, I never read Kant. I've read Mill, Marx, Rousseau, Hobbes, Plato, Hegel, and Locke. Although I never read Mill's stuff on ethics (except the harm principle) so I probably can't help you there either.

Uh, good luck? Ethics philosophy sucks.

MasterSwordUltima
03-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Oh snap, page 100. :O Roar. So anybody know any good hacks for phpBB2 boards, other than the points/shop hacks, and the experience/leveling up hacks?

I remember somebody here made a godly RPG Battle mod, DarkWolf or something like that [Not DarkFlameWolf, mind you].

---

And yeah, I'm just sick of the whole wannabe Japanese fad all together. I wish these kids would do something seriously cool, like bring the 80's back, since I've noticed that I'm getting into a lot of grunge lately. Collective Soul and Green River, oh man.

Russ
03-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Oh snap, page 100. :O Roar.
I didn't even notice that. Yay for page 100!

Icey
03-02-2008, 08:09 PM
MSU: They like sounding like ten year old Japanese girls and thinking that's a) cultured and b) how people really speak Japanese.

Then you actually have classes on Japanese culture, politics, etc and those never fill. Japanese language does but that's just so otakus can read their import games and perform the most honourable act in the otaku social structure: watching anime without dubs or subtitles. Some even aspire to make their own subtitles, although generally that involves too much actual work.

Otakus also believe selling panties in vending machine is the best thing ever.

Pineconn
03-02-2008, 09:07 PM
So I just took the practice ACT and got an average of a 32. I'm somewhat excited, needless to say. Highest was Science with a 34, at only one question wrong due to misreading a chart.
Lowest was Math at 30, where one question I misunderstood (It was asking for perimeter, I put area), and four at the end that were on stuff I hadn't even heard of before.

Yay me. :kawaii:

Yeah, practice tests are always easier than the real thing. I got a 195(0) on the PSAT, but I got an 1890 on the real thing. Just yesterday I retook the SAT. But still, good job on that.

Critical reading always kills me, though.

Aegix Drakan
03-02-2008, 10:31 PM
Kant? uh...It's been a year since my Ethics course...but Wasn't he the guy who belived in strict moral rules? Where if you have a choice between running over 10 people or running over your own mom, you should run over your own mom?

phattonez
03-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Kant? uh...It's been a year since my Ethics course...but Wasn't he the guy who belived in strict moral rules? Where if you have a choice between running over 10 people or running over your own mom, you should run over your own mom?

You can never lie because the principal behind it cannot exist if everyone acted upon that principle. Yeah, very very strict. It would be nice if it was realistic.

Icey
03-03-2008, 02:18 AM
This is why I hate philosophers. They make ridiculous claims then say they've "proved" them when they haven't done anything near it.

I think 90% of the reading I did last quarter was some asshole (Rousseau, marx, etc... see previous post) saying how he proved something he didn't.

I wonder if the mathematician's idea of a proof is any better, though. Normally I read it and go "what the fuck?". That will probably change as my math education continues though. Or so one would hope.

phattonez
03-03-2008, 02:29 AM
Math and philosophy are pretty similar. We know that 2+2=4 through experience and observation, but it is impossible to prove. From these unprovable facts we can expand upon things and find the truth.

The difference is that philosophers never agree on anything.

Icey
03-03-2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I know. A lot of mathematicians were also philosophers (or the other way around if you want to look at it that way). The thing is social phenomenon have way more variables (which are often hard to identify) than most physics or engineering problems. Which makes most social analysis flawed.

Plus the concept of making starting definitions and expanding from there, while successful in mathematics, is more difficult in philosophy due to the limitations of language. Mathematics is very precise and even the best philosophers have a hard time using their own definitions consistently (Thomas Hobbes, I'm looking at you. Of course, Hobbes was also great at pseudomathematics.)

MasterSwordUltima
03-03-2008, 02:50 AM
The thread is begining to get too intellectual. Allow me to fix that.

So I'm eating some crumb cake. Its pretty good, although the only thing I have to drink is coca-cola and rootbeer, which do not mix well with it. Its like eating brownies and drinking water.

phattonez
03-03-2008, 02:53 AM
It goes will with soda, they're both sweet.

Icey
03-03-2008, 02:55 AM
I got a cake earlier this week. It was called a "vanilla pudding cake".

Much to my chagrin, it was not filled with vanilla pudding.

I guess the pudding was mixed in before it was cooked or something? I dunno, the cake tasted bland and crappy :p

phattonez
03-03-2008, 03:01 AM
Sounds like vanilla when it's not cold.

MasterSwordUltima
03-03-2008, 04:19 AM
My mom used to make chocolate pudding pie. Those were damn good. Its pretty much how pumpkin pie is all nice and mushy, it was like that, except instead of pumpkin, it was a thick chocolate pudding. Delish.

Icey
03-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Yeah what I got must have been poorly made then. It wasn't thick or moist at all...

Skulkraken
03-03-2008, 04:32 AM
Ugh... You people are making me feel hungry...

Also, if AGN got an RPG system, what would the currency used in it be?

The_Amaster
03-03-2008, 08:22 AM
At this point, I must admit, Pineconn dollars have bested me.

But I will not give up!

Russ
03-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Also, if AGN got an RPG system, what would the currency used in it be?
So far Pinecon dollars are doing pretty well, but that's only becasue Pineconn controls all the curency. But we all know Russadwan dollars will soon overcome all other ones. :D

Aegix Drakan
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
I vote DN Dollars. :D

Russ
03-03-2008, 12:18 PM
I vote DN Dollars. :D
How about DD Dollars?