PDA

View Full Version : Initial Gameplay moments of Sims 2:

ShadowTiger
05-20-2007, 02:35 PM
I just got The Sims 2, without any expansion packs. (For the moment.) My initial impressions are as such.

Firstly, I noticed a few nice things. For one, there are *three* much, much larger neighborhoods in the game that you can choose from. Sort of like a world, I guess. Each works just like the neighborhood from The Sims 1, only they're far larger. You can actually create (Similar to placing down pre-sized (You can't edit them, I think.) grids down onto empty land.) and destroy lots for houses, and place prebuilt houses onto empty lots, or save the house designs that you've built. You can't evict people without also placing the houses into the house bin though, as far as I can tell.

You can also design the neighborhood fairly well. I haven't figured out a way to build roads yet, but you can place trees, seashore, (Yet not water, for some ungodly reason. :odd: ) water towers, satellites, alien crash sites, (Yep! :P ) rainbows, clouds, birds, hang gliders, mountains, (Actaul one-click premade rock formations.) and a lot more. That's at the neighborhood construction screen. Yep, we finally have the ability to edit the whole neighborhood. (Just not the ROADS, dangit...)

Once in individual house mode, you actaully CAN have more than two floors! At least I believe so. I want to make a real guard tower. :) Judging from some of the custon skins I've seen, I think we pretty much can at this point. Awesome. Otherwise house building is just about identical to how it was in The Sims 2. You still can't seem to place objects at a diagonal, despite the diagonalness of the walls. (I always hated that part. X x.' I mean ... sheesh.)

Sim design mode is REALLY elaborate. It's very, very similar to how you'd build a person in Second Life. The vast majority of options are found with designing the entire face and facial features, and mixing clothing for all occasions. I noticed a bug in the game where if you maximize a slider, (Say, the slider determining the size of the eyes.) then go to a different facial feature category and go back, the eyes are in the same position that they just were, but the slider for the eyes is back in the middle, so you can slide it all the way to the right again. You can make eyes literally as large as saucer plates! :D ... ... But lol just .. don't. XD Don't. It's cruel beyond words.

Interesting impressions of gameplay: I was watching my sister make her family. Nothing too unusual in her designs. But, when she first arrived at the doorstep of her new house, they all IMMEDIATELY Started fighting with one another, and those +-- things started flashing next to their heads and such. Her bratty son had the social bubble option "Irritate." I laughed.

I normally would build my character in the same neighborhood as my sister's family, (I'm my usual ShadowTiger person, single, as always.) but the last time that happened in the Sims 1, the wife of her family left her husband and moved in with me to become lesbian lovers together. I mean honestly, I had no idea Will Wright was so perverted. :P

mrz84
05-21-2007, 10:28 AM
Haven't played it yet as I'm currently content with the first Sims. I'm also not surprised about Will Wright's pervertedness. In one of my houses I had Mihoshi and Kiyone (Tenchi Muyo skins! :kitty: ) and they ended up becoming lesbians. :kitty: