PDA

View Full Version : Room state carry-overs:

Majora
05-19-2007, 05:02 PM
In 254, are they broken? Because what I want to happen, isn't happening:

Boss is defeated (in a dungeon DMap) ->

In on overworld map, there is a trigger enemy, that I want to die when the boss is killed ->

"Enemies=>Secret" flag is enabled for that overworld screen ->

the trigger SHOULD die to reveal the secret, but doesn't die.

However the trigger won't die. Do I have to set the MAP, or the DMAP?

Can someone give explicit directions on how to set up what I want to happen?

The_Amaster
05-19-2007, 06:00 PM
Do you mean on the screen with the secrets theres a trigger enemy? Because that doesn't make any sense. I would not have any enemy on the screen with the secrets, set the flag in the boss room to Enemys-> Secret, and the RSC in the boss room to the right Map/DMAP(I'm not sure either, but I'm inclined to lean towords map)

Majora
05-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Right now, I don't need RSCO, as I found a tentative solution. However, I will need this for future referance:

In the Boss room, under screen data, I set the Map and Screen.

In the OW screen, I have the secret tha has not been triggered, the trigger enemy, and under screen data "Enemies -> secret" and the enemy flag "has ringleader" checked.

You're saying in the Boss room I should have "enemies -> secret"?

The_Amaster
05-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Unless you have some pther reason for having ther trigger enemy, I'd put the enemies-> secret flag on the boss room, and not have an enemy on the other screen at all. RSC doesn't care about how the secrets were activated, just weather they're on or not.

C-Dawg
05-21-2007, 08:26 PM
You need enemies -> permanent secret flag as well. Non-permanent secrets don't carry over because they reset when you leave the screen. Enemies->Secret is normally a temporary secret that goes away when you leave the room and return.