PDA

View Full Version : NOO! Not O&A!

phattonez
05-15-2007, 09:40 PM
The next pair of radio hosts to get suspended, and it's from XM! They were supposed to be uncensored, so what the hell is going on? I listened to this skit and I thought it was hilarious. If some guy wants to talk about banging Condaleeza Rice, let him. The station is uncensored so what's the problem?

I can't express how mad I am about this situation. SINCE WHEN DID AMERICA BECOME SO PISSY?

Beldaran
05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Corporate america is run by spineless pussies with small brains and tiny dicks.

phattonez
05-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Ughh, for weeks O&A were the biggest supports of Don Imus, I guess they had this coming to them.

When is someone important going to stand up against this and allow us our freedom of speech? This was a channel on XM which could be blocked, they should be allowed to say whatever they want, no matter how rude.

erm2003
05-15-2007, 10:23 PM
I can't believe that XM suspended them. I thought satellite radio wasn't supposed to be censored. Don't people pay for their subscriptions because they want to hear this type of show?

phattonez
05-15-2007, 10:27 PM
^^^Which is what makes this situation so much more inane than the other situations.

Lilith
05-16-2007, 02:28 PM
They aired someone (a homeless guy?) talking about raping her, not "banging" her. If the radio station doesn't want people they hire talking about that it's their bizz. It doesn't really have to do with freedom of speech, more like employer PR, although that's kind of ridiculous these guys were kicked off since it's not like they had a female audience anyway. Imo it's depressing that no matter how powerful/rich a woman gets, there's always going to be people talking about raping/"banging" her because she has a vag, but that's why I don't listen to dick wavin' radio. I've also heard talk radio people openly making fun of rape victims to their faces without getting b&, so this seems pretty mild sad to say. I always wonder who listens to this shit though :shakeno:

Feminist rage shit aside, the radio station probably doesn't want a broadcasted, specific threat on a figurehead in their records. Observe:

"Condi is a huge bitch"
"It would be hilarious to rape Condi and punch her in the face"

"Bush is a huge idiot"
"It would be hilarious to punch and/or shoot Bush"

ya don't.

phattonez
05-16-2007, 06:05 PM
They have done worse before. They were getting XM a ton of subscribers. No one had complained about it. It's an uncensored channel that can be blocked.

Here's my message. Let consumers decide what they want to listen to. We don't need upper management to decide our morals.