PDA

View Full Version : Header Error

Jeffrotull
05-15-2007, 11:50 AM
When I try to load my quest it says the header has an error. I am really far along on my quest and all of the sudden my quest won't load. I didn't do anything to modify the header either. I was wondering what can be done. Thanks in advance.

Nicholas Steel
05-15-2007, 06:45 PM
make a link to it then PM a developer the password to it...

C-Dawg
05-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Good luck. I had a similar error message recently, and the quest encryption had totally conked out. Lost all progress since the last backup.

I hope you back-up as the big red warning on the alpha/beta download thread directs...

DarkDragon
05-15-2007, 10:26 PM
This happened again? :(
Do you remember anything about what you were doing at the time of the corruption? Did you have the quest open in ZC, or ZQ?

Jeffrotull
05-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I really don't remember when or why it happened. I leave this program running on my computer oftentimes so I probably hadn't reloaded my quest for quite awhile. I emailed a version to my friend about 2 days earlier and it wasn't bugged yet so I reloaded that version and went from there. I have progressed past what I lost now.

C-Dawg
05-18-2007, 03:14 PM
I've developed a four-stage backup process now. I share drives between my computers and move the quest file back and forth, working on a different computer each day. I save a backup dated copy once a week, and e-mail the quest to myself whenever I think about doing it.

Never again, stupid header error.