PDA

View Full Version : Need help on a few things... beta 254 and 278

Jeffrotull
05-14-2007, 12:07 PM
Got a few questions if anyone has some time to answer them.

1. I've been using room state carry overs and I would like to know if you can make a trigger switch make a sound effect like when you push a block to reveal a staircase.

2. Are the blue, red, gold ring messed up in build 278? I can not seem to start with a ring... They may just need more time with the new enemy and item editors..

3. Can you make a trigger permanent until you leave a dungeon? I have caves and such where you kill guys to make rocks dissappear to move to the next room but if they respawn on your walk out you are stuck... Currently I just put a switch on the other side. I want them to have to refight those rooms if they leave the cave/dungeon and come back.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Joe123
05-14-2007, 12:55 PM
2) Does the Dmap your room is in have a level number higher than 0?

Jeffrotull
05-14-2007, 01:27 PM
Not sure which question that is in response to but all of my non-overworld maps have a level assigned to them. Thank you for the response.

Joe123
05-14-2007, 04:09 PM
It was assigned to number two, which has spontaneously dissapeared :confused:

The_Amaster
05-14-2007, 06:16 PM
For number three, either use an interior map type instead of dungeon, or click the "Treat as Interior" screen flag.

Jeffrotull
05-14-2007, 07:32 PM
To Amaster: that makes it permanent for the rest of the game as far as I am aware. I only want it permanent until you depart the cave. If you re-enter I would want the player to re-hit the switch or whatever trigger.

To Joe123: I had to put learn slash technique in a cave. Some reason it wouldnt work in an interior room only a special item cave. After i fixed it i removed it from the list.

Thank you for the responses.