PDA

View Full Version : "Combining" Defensive Rings:

ShadowTiger
05-13-2007, 01:15 AM
Just a little thought I had after playing Guild Wars for another few hours. Hell, most any MMORPG would do, I guess. Probably not even limited to MMORPG's. It just depends on the game. NWN would do as well, I'd wager.

As it stands now, we have *one* defense item: The Ring. The Blue Ring, the Red Ring, and the Golden Ring. Halves, Halves that, and Halves that again, respectively.

What if we could collect multiple rings and apply their damage divisors in a collective state?

For example, rather than 2x, 4x, and 8x, you'd have .25x, .25x, .10x, and .40x? Sure, that's just an additional 1x, but that's a suit of leather armor you've got right there. If you substitute the first .25x, (Say, .. the leather helm.) with a plate helm, you could have it worth a whopping .50x extra than what you just had, for 2.5x.

At some point, I think it'd be nice to have it not divide damage, but to negate the amount that it's worth. So rather than be divided, it would be subtracted. So if you had a blue ring and were hit by a red octorok, you'd take a quarter heart's worth of damage. If you had a full suit of platemail, you wouldn't take *ANY* damage.