PDA

View Full Version : Non-throwback

andrewmcd1
05-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Could we have an option in the enemy editor to stop link being thrown back after he is hurt by touching an enemy?

Could we also have a combo that is a damage combo that also does not throw you back?

XMuppetSB
05-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Could we have an option in the enemy editor to stop link being thrown back after he is hurt by touching an enemy?

Could we also have a combo that is a damage combo that also does not throw you back?

To make that easier, I would suggest a rule that says "Enemies and Damage Combos Don't Knock Link Back".

Majora
05-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Better not bunch em together.

While lava might not knock link back, a rock shot at him sure as hell would.

Note:

Lava = Dmg Combo

Rock = Enemy Projectile

XMuppetSB
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Better not bunch em together.

While lava might not know link back, a rock shot at him sure as hell would.

Note:

Lava = Dmg Combo

Rock = Enemy Projectile

Actually, the last time I tested the damage combos, they did knock Link back.

Majora
05-08-2007, 08:57 PM
I was actually referring to your suggestion for the quest rule. The exaple I gave was addressing the fact that just because enemy projectiles knock link back, the quest creator might not want both to do the same thing.

erm2003
05-08-2007, 09:06 PM
I was actually referring to your suggestion for the quest rule. The exaple I gave was addressing the fact that just because enemy projectiles knock link back, the quest creator might not want both to do the same thing.

I agree. If this is to be a feature, it should be separated so that it is a bit more custom and not grouped into one quest rule.

The_Amaster
05-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Yeah, possibly for damage combos, a new type, (For example, "Damage, 1 Heart, no TB", etc) and for enemies, flags "Contact causes Throwback" and "Missile causes Throwback"

Master_of_Power
05-09-2007, 06:31 AM
and then, while we're at it, fix '0-damage' enemies so they don't seemingly 'hurt' link :)

ShadowTiger
05-09-2007, 09:11 AM
Bubbles really shouldn't cause knockback either, in theory. They're incorporeal. :shrug: The last time someone splashed acid against my midsection, I wasn't exactly thrown back against a wall with the force of a bear's uppercut.

Dark Nation
05-09-2007, 09:24 AM
That's a standard behavior for Z1 enemies (bubbles). I guess there needs to be a flag for enemies that can touch link without doing a kickback on Link. Maybe "Melee damage doesn't impact Link" or something. This would be on a per-enemy basis.

Linkus
05-09-2007, 04:59 PM
While we're on topic, I say we need to control how far Link gets knocked back in the Enemy Editor. For example, "3" would be the regular Z1 knockback and "2" would be the GB Zeldas' knockback, while "1" would very little knockback. This should probably also be added to the projectile properties of the Sprites Editor, as well.

andrewmcd1
05-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Would this be classed as a enemy editor flag?

And for the combo, will it be a seperate combo from the damage combos that do knock you back?

Lastly, could we also be able to change the knockback of enemies too? And could it be posible to make it so that, "When enemy HP < (1/4 max HP), Knockback=0"?