PDA

View Full Version : More again :P Color errors

catfriedrice
05-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Here we go again. Still using 2.11.b6

1: Building a dungeon with PLUX tileset. I have a waterfall animated tile coming out of a "statue's mouth", but when I put it on a different layer, it turns out that parts of this animation turn different colors (1 may be correct color, but 2 and 3 are wrong.)

2: Link Tile Modifiers. I don't know where to change this so that, when I gain a new shield, link doesn't start picking wrong animations. Where's that option at?

The_Amaster
05-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Link Tile mods are under the info for the item in question. Just set the number for the number of tiles forward/back that the new sprites are.

catfriedrice
05-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Link Tile mods are under the info for the item in question. Just set the number for the number of tiles forward/back that the new sprites are.

I apologies. This makes little sense. See, I can't Find where to set the number. That was my problem.

Joe123
05-09-2007, 11:29 AM
go to graphics-> Sprites -> item and the box is in there.

catfriedrice
05-10-2007, 01:27 AM
go to graphics-> Sprites -> item and the box is in there.

Bless you. Finally understand what you guys mean.

Alright. Now for #1... and which sprite do I need to grab for the magic meter?

Joe123
05-10-2007, 04:57 PM
the magic meter is under Graphics -> Sprites -> Weapons/Misc., and its the 'MISC: Magic' entry (or possibly MISC: Magic Meter).

catfriedrice
05-11-2007, 09:20 PM
the magic meter is under Graphics -> Sprites -> Weapons/Misc., and its the 'MISC: Magic' entry (or possibly MISC: Magic Meter).

I found that, but which sprite do I need? I know magic is turned on, but I don't get anything showing up.

Gleeok
05-11-2007, 09:49 PM
It's the one that looks like... well, a magic meter.:googly:
Make sure the rule 'use magic' is turned on and go to initial data and set magic containers to 9.(for testing purposes)

Joe123
05-12-2007, 04:09 AM
8 is the maximum number of magic containers, 9 will go off the edge of the screen

catfriedrice
05-14-2007, 11:36 PM
It's the one that looks like... well, a magic meter.:googly:
Make sure the rule 'use magic' is turned on and go to initial data and set magic containers to 9.(for testing purposes)

well... yea, but there's a sprite which shows the 1/2, an empty bar, ... , a full bar, etc.
No real matter. It still doesn't show up on any of those...

yes, max is at 8 and it is turned on.

Gleeok
05-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Alright, I get it. 8 is the max. I never use magic in quests, so I wouldn't know that. my bad. :P
So to answer this fully would be: Graphics-Sprites-Misc-misc. magic set to tile 628. it's the one that looks like 1/2, and there should be a row of tiles that look like a magic meter immediately following. If you somehow erased these open new quest(default) Export tiles-open "your" quest- go to Graphics-tiles , click "grab" scroll down to tile 628- click that then hold shift and click on the last tile you want to copy. Click "ok"

catfriedrice
05-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Alright, I get it. 8 is the max. I never use magic in quests, so I wouldn't know that. my bad. :P
So to answer this fully would be: Graphics-Sprites-Misc-misc. magic set to tile 628. it's the one that looks like 1/2, and there should be a row of tiles that look like a magic meter immediately following. If you somehow erased these open new quest(default) Export tiles-open "your" quest- go to Graphics-tiles , click "grab" scroll down to tile 628- click that then hold shift and click on the last tile you want to copy. Click "ok"

alright, that answers the where. Now the "why it doesn't show up" is still up for grabs.

The_Amaster
05-15-2007, 08:23 PM
Under the DMap data, is there an option to change the subscreen somewhere? If so, set the passive to "Magic Enabled"

Gleeok
05-15-2007, 10:30 PM
You may have to set subscreen type as revision or revision 2. Not sure though.

catfriedrice
05-19-2007, 02:00 PM
eh, maybe I just need to pick a different beta.

Aaaanyway, here's an image of problem 1, since no one has touched on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/catfriedrice/weirdcolorstuff.png