PDA

View Full Version : Comin' to get ya!

Darth Marsden
05-05-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, kinda. Me and my family are heading over to New York for a few days next week.

We leave at dead-o-clock in the morning (GMT) on Tuesday, arrive in the States at some ungodly hour and for the next 3 days we crash at the Edison. Well, my dad crashes in the Edison, I sleep on the floor with earplugs wishing to every deity in the sky that he would stop f**king snoring!

...but yeah, if you're in the area, come say 'Hi'. Bear in kind we'll probably be out most of the day, so you'll have to catch us in the late evening, when we'll probably be half asleep. I won't mind too much if you wake me up though, provided you're hot. So moocow, PrrKitty and Lilith, come on over! ;)

Seriously, I'd love to meet some of you guys, so if you can, do pop in. This may be my only chance to see you guys until I'm rich and famous, and by then I'll be too busy being drunk and cavorting with uber-hot models to care. Just you wait...

And in case you don't know my real name, ask for a 'Chris Marsden' at the desk, or, failing that, 'Steve Marsden', my dad. If, y'know, that's how things work outside of the movies.

Hope to catch some of you there!

Pineconn lolz
05-05-2007, 09:14 AM
Can I come visit you? :D

moocow
05-05-2007, 09:49 AM
Uhh... I live in Ohio and I definitely can't afford an "on-the-whim" trip to New York... Sorry :(

The_Amaster
05-05-2007, 09:59 AM
He, Wisconsin, sorry. Nice to know your in the, umm, neighberhood, though.

ShadowTiger
05-05-2007, 10:09 AM
... Um ... Hi. New Yorker here. I take a simple train to Penn Station and I'm in Manhatten. I do hope that by "The Edison" you meant a hotel within New York City; Manhatten; The Big Apple; "That place people go to pay lots of money which isn't Nevada for once." Can you get an address? And how long're you going to be there?

mrz84
05-05-2007, 01:24 PM
The SHow-Me-State. I can't leave it because my pay sucks. Hope you have a nice visit though to the Big Apple! :kitty:

Darth Marsden
05-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Can I come visit you? :D

:shakeno:

ShadowTiger: I'll PM you the address, although you can Google for it yourself, if you should so wish.

We'll be staying from Tuesday the 8th to Friday the 11th, and we leave for home on the evening of the 12th. If anybody'd like to try and visit (Pineconn lolz not included), we should be there late in the evening on any of those 4 days.

Nobody's under any pressure to come see me, but if you happen to be in the area, feel free to come along and say Hello. I'll do a Barney and 'buy you a beer'. ;)

Prrkitty
05-05-2007, 01:54 PM
Darthy... so ya know I"m in Oregon... way across the universe from New York hon. Wish I could come 'meet-n-greet'. It would be nice to be able to put faces... bodies... behind the names I/we communicate with pretty much on a daily basis.

Sorry babe... do have fun though while you're here in the states.

Pineconn lolz
05-05-2007, 03:48 PM
:shakeno:

ShadowTiger: I'll PM you the address, although you can Google for it yourself, if you should so wish.

We'll be staying from Tuesday the 8th to Friday the 11th, and we leave for home on the evening of the 12th. If anybody'd like to try and visit (Pineconn lolz not included), we should be there late in the evening on any of those 4 days.

Nobody's under any pressure to come see me, but if you happen to be in the area, feel free to come along and say Hello. I'll do a Barney and 'buy you a beer'. ;)

awww :(. I thought we had something special going. Oh well. Have fun in NYC.

elise
05-05-2007, 05:02 PM
You are from England right then have a good journey .......it's a long flight if you are sitting behind someone with his or hers chaire in the relax hanging back stand :)

The_Amaster
05-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah. I remember this one guy who reclined his seat all the way at night, and then in the morning complained that "someone" was diggng into his back all night. Overnight plane trips aren't exactly fun. Tell us if you get any good plane stories.

Majora
05-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Illinois here.

*wishes he had a functional OoT*

BE WARE THE JETLAG, IT'S EFFECTS ARE AMPLIFIED 10 FOLD IN THE STATES.

Darth Marsden
05-06-2007, 04:42 AM
I'm getting the jetlag out of the way early - I haven't slept for 24 hours in an attempt to get myself on American time before we leave. Well, my sleeping pattern was pretty out-of-whack anyway...

elise
05-06-2007, 07:08 AM
The Jetlag you don't have going there you get it on the way back , atleast thats how it worked for us ;)

Darth Marsden
05-06-2007, 08:51 AM
I don't mind that happening in the least. At least I won't be feeling totally drained while we spend our first day getting lost.

26 hours and counting...

ZTC
05-07-2007, 11:30 AM
I usually don't make trips out of Illinois. :shrug:
But I'd love to move out of this corrupt state >_>
Lucks and stuff.

Darth Marsden
05-07-2007, 01:32 PM
...ok...

Was awake for around 40 odd hours before I gave in and had a snooze after I ran out of Coke and realized the film I was watching kept going out of focus. Still, I'm hopeful I can grab a few hours on the plane and be alright when we get there.

I'm planning on keeping a diary/record of what we do and how I'm feeling while I'm out in the USofA. If it turns out any good, then I'll post it here when I get back.

elise
05-07-2007, 01:44 PM
you really have to try to get some sleep in the plane cause it's much earlier there you go back in time :)
again have a great time there and when you get back home , welcome in the future ;)

Darth Marsden
05-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Yeah, that's why I'm trying to stay awake until then - I'll be able to crash on the big metal flying machine.

Thanks for all the well wishing, I'm sure I'll have a great time.

Glenn the Great
05-07-2007, 05:54 PM
Let us know what you think after you experience driving on the correct side of the road!

erm2003
05-14-2007, 08:08 PM
So... how was your visit?

Darth Marsden
05-15-2007, 07:28 AM
Once I'm back on GMT, I'll tell you. So very tired...

Fabiano the Spy
05-15-2007, 08:03 PM
Well, get some good rest :)

Pineconn
05-16-2007, 03:21 PM
It's good to hear that your plane didn't crash. :sly:

I'm flying to Florida (T-minus 3 hours!) with the (most of the) rest of the school band. We're going to Disney World to march at Magical Kingdom on Friday. This be my first time on one of them flyin' machines... er, airy planers. Whatever they're called. :p

(Yes, I know, airplanes!)

moocow
05-16-2007, 04:12 PM
We're going to Disney World to march at Magical Kingdom on Friday.

Isn't that like, a big deal? Maybe I'm wrong.

I like flying, it was fuuuuuuuuun!

Still waiting to see how you liked the states!

Pineconn
05-21-2007, 08:58 PM
I be back. I suppose it's a big deal, at least the parade coordinator made it a big deal. Though I hate to be a cocky piece of crap, I thought we were pretty awesome, playing Hang On Sloopy (Ohio's official rock song) and Soak Up the Sun in the parade, and also playing Mickey Mouse Rock as a showstopper piece. The parks we hit were Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Downtown Disney, Magic Kingdom, MGM, and finally Epcot. My God it was fun and my God it was tiring. ;)