PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Third Quest Help

patrickab7
05-01-2007, 02:50 AM
I just started trying this one not too long ago...and I keep hitting a "snag" at Level 7. I've made it to the boss room(where I subsequently got slaughtered) but there are at least a couple other rooms on the map that I can't figure out how to reach. Any help?

-PB

LinkMaster500
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
Which rooms on the map are you talking about? Can you be a little more specific?

I think you're talking about the level that is shaped like the letter "M."

patrickab7
05-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Ugh...I think they were around the upper-left corner of the map.

-PB

LinkMaster500
05-02-2007, 09:50 AM
There is a room with Keese and two vertical columns of blocks. Bomb the right-hand column, and that opens up the way to the right-end side of the room and then you can get to those rooms you have not yet gotten to.

That will also be the way to the Heart Container Piece in that level. You can also get a clue to Level 8.

patrickab7
05-02-2007, 03:50 PM
So I BOMB the blocks...okay, thank you much. I dunno if I was missing a key or two as well because I had to buy one to get as far as I did. :P

LinkMaster500
05-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah that can be tricky because in this quest, we have to do things to trigger secrets that we did not see in the original Zelda--like push statues or bomb blocks. It was just how AlphaDawg, the designer, made it.

The block bombing trick will also appear in Level 9.

patrickab7
05-02-2007, 11:15 PM
OK, doing better now...thanks again for the help. I've completed Levels 1 through 8 and found all the heart pieces, found the lens(just don't have enough money for it yet)...only thing I didn't find was the Level 8 map, go figure. :-D I'll look around for that the next time I play, but otherwise I know where Level 9 is(found the alternate exit) and I'll be ready to head in there once I find that elusive map.

-PB

patrickab7
05-03-2007, 05:09 AM
Current status, if you care:

16 hearts, Magic Sword, Magic Shield
Raft, Book, Blue Ring, Ladder, Magic Key, Bracelet, Wallet
Magic Boomerang, 16 Bombs, Bow & Arrows, Red Candle, Whistle, Bait, Medicine, Wand

Still need:
-Lens(know where it is but need to save up the money to buy it)
-Red Ring, Silver Arrows, Mirror Shield(which I assume are in Level 9)
-Level 8 Map
-Flippers

patrickab7
05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Minor update(may contain spoilers)...didn't get much chance to play it today:

Bought the lens and have been using it everywhere. Found Sahasrala(or however you spell it), though I already knew how to get to Level 9. Found the hidden superbomb shop in the cave and used a superbomb to find what I THINK is the bonus dungeon...I could only get a few rooms into it so I may need the flippers to get any further. After I load up on super bombs, I'll probably explore Level 8 next to find that map I missed.

patrickab7
05-04-2007, 09:25 AM
Update: Level 9 sucks. But you knew that.

Found the Level 8 map(in one of those "I SWEAR I bombed that wall" spots).

Got the map, compass, and silver arrows in Level 9. Map wasn't as much of a shock as I expected since Demo Quest EX has a dungeon like that.

Anywho, I have the red ring, mirror shield, and flippers to go...and I guess the Master Sword.

Since I am playing on the most recent version of ZC, I don't know if I'll be able to find everything...I had read about how certain things weren't attainable in this quest in more recent versions. When I enter the mini-dungeon in the southwest part of the map(the one where I superbomb a statue), I can't find anything in there. I fought some Digdoggers and just found a room with a fairy that doesn't want to heal me...

-PB

LinkMaster500
05-04-2007, 09:32 PM
I heard that there is a bug in that mini-dungeon that occurs in 1.92 and all future versions. You would have to play the quest in version 1.90--a very old version of ZC to avoid the bug. That mini-dungeon was supposed to contain the Master Sword, but you don't need it to finish the quest.

I don't think the Flippers are in that quest, at least in the version you are using. But I can tell you that the Red Ring and Mirror Shield are in Level 9.

patrickab7
05-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Have almost completely explored Level 9 now...got the red ring and know how to get to Ganon. Just need the Mirror Shield, which I think is in a couple of rooms in the northernmost section of the dungeon.

patrickab7
05-05-2007, 12:42 AM
Whew...found the mirror shield(by pushing a block in a room where I didn't think there was any need to) and beat Ganon. A shame some of the hidden stuff isn't available on the modern version of ZC.

-PB