PDA

View Full Version : Boss Flags

Joe123
04-27-2007, 05:08 PM
In 2.10, you can use a boss flag trigger thing to trigger multiple rooms on different dmaps so long as they all have the same level number can't you? I thought it was possible but it doesn't seem to be working now...

DarkFlameWolf
04-27-2007, 06:54 PM
Its because they got broken along the way. So right now, room state carryovers are the way to go.

Joe123
04-28-2007, 04:35 AM
whaaat... are they fixed in 2.10.2?

Russ
04-28-2007, 02:36 PM
Wait, if boss flag, trigger events are broken, then how was Hero of Dreams made. Their are tons of events in it.

Joe123
04-28-2007, 04:50 PM
They're not broken, I've been using them fine, I just can't seem to use them so I have multiple boss flag - trigger events on different Dmaps from the same boss, which I thought I could. You can have multiple ones on the same Dmap I think. I've had to make a boss with different stages with different Dmap numbers instead, which works ok but it's a bit akward

Pineconn
05-02-2007, 10:53 AM
No, they work fine for me in 2.10.0. I may have had times when the boss flags didn't work, but when I created a brand new file, they worked fine. So I don't know what you're doing wrong, but they should work fine. :shrug:

Joe123
05-02-2007, 12:09 PM
is 2.10.0 a different version to 2.10?

They work fine, its just when I want one boss to trigger multiple secrets which span different Dmaps.

CastChaos
05-03-2007, 06:56 AM
2.10.0 and 2.10 are the same.

I have problems, too. I succesfully made a an event, but the second didn't work, though they were identical. The only difference was that the second event was triggered by warping into the Kill All Enemies item, while the first was triggered by simply walking into the item. When I modified the second event, so it used simple walking, it began to work.

So, as I see, the "boss flag - trigger" events don't work when they use any kind of warping. I seriously think that it's a bug, because when you warp into any other item, they work. Compass, boss key, hookshot, map... I warped into these and they worked well. I warped into the Kill All Enemies and it didn't work. I use 2.10, too.

Joe123
05-03-2007, 11:51 AM
what enemy do you use kill with the kill all enemies item? I was trying to do it this way one time - and I probably will in later events - but it didnt work because I had a string in the room I think, so it didn't like me placing items without using the room's 'special item' or something

CastChaos
05-03-2007, 12:27 PM
For one timed events, I use the Trigger enemy. This enemy has no effect by itself, so the evnt is most clean this way. I put the Kill All Enemies item down with the "Item" submenu. I never used the Room:special item for this purpose. However, I think I have seen it in Link's Birthday. (not the DX version)

I once put the Kill item in a screen where was a string and it didn't work. Not sure if it didn't work BECAUSE the string.