PDA

View Full Version : Choosing your Layers?

DarkFlameWolf
04-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Might help out on some screens where you don't actually NEED 4 different 'over link' layers and might want 3-4 'under link's boots' layers. Would it be very hard to implement that you can choose for each layer you set of the six, if its 'under link', 'over link', or 'over everything?' Might give designers bigger freedom with how they want to use their layers.

Pineconn
04-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Ooh, me likey. I've had problems with the limitation of layers, and this would have allowed me to do what I wanted instead of work around it. Nice!

ShadowTiger
04-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Highly concurred. :) Though, at the moment, if worse comes to absolute worse, we could use a bunch of Freeform Combos to do the trick, setting them to Overhead or not. It's a VERY "expensive" method though, and obviously, not many would want to rely on it. =/

The_Amaster
04-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Thirded. My only question is feasibility. It seems like simmple data re-arangement, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem, I wouldn't think.

DarkFlameWolf
05-06-2007, 09:48 PM
Okay, this is more evident than ever with my current quest that we'd need to be able to choose which of the six layers goes over link, under link and over everything. Instead of having just 2 for each thing. For example, I need about 3 under link layers, one for the floor borders, one for the snow that covers the floor and goes over the floor borders and one for the transparent ice/catwalks over the lower floor. You simply can't do that with 2 under link layers. You need to be able to select a layer and get the freedom to choose where it will appear on the final screen. This feature would be extremely helpful.

Dark Nation
05-07-2007, 01:45 PM
I'll look into this. No promises, though.

DarkFlameWolf
05-16-2007, 06:31 PM
what's the status on this DN?