PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Epic Quest

Majora
04-22-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, let me start off by saying that I will submit a demo to the PZC Spring expo, so if you can wait another month, you can get it from there.

The actual quest's story line at this point is very vague and full of plot-holes. But for now, it's:

After TP, TP Link returned all of the treasures back to the Temples (Item's, keys, etc.) TP Link gets old, dies. He had children, and they had kids. About 7 generations down the line, the landscape was changing from TP Hyrule into the Hyrule in the game (don't ask how alright? ;)) Faron Woods eventually becomes know as the "Northern Forest". Hyrule Field becomes "The Dark World" because of leftover monsters raising hell all through out it. The Easternmost part of the Dark World is conqured and settled in by King Arthur and his 12 knights of the Round Table. Thus, it becomes Camelot. Monsters from the Dark World start seeping into the forest. The Hero, also named Link (so sue me) is around 20 and sounds like, and resembles OoT Link (so sue me, again [SSS]) The monsters get close enough to th village to get link worried. One day, he gets attacked so he runs into the house. His grandfather gives him a shield, and tells link that there is a sword in the Trunk upstairs. Armed with a Sword, Shield, and a Hookshot he found one day while fishing, he sets off for the temple to see if the great fairy can do anything about these monsters.....

I'll edit it later.

Area's:

Northern Forest
The Dark World
Camelot
Gerudo Valley
Gerudo Plains
The Lost Desert
Sea of No Return (E)
Sea of No Return (W)
Twilight Isle

I know I'm missing a couple, I'll look them up shortly

Dungeons/Levels:

Forest Temple (L1)
Temple of the Master Sword (L2)
Arrow Dungeon (L3)
Temple of the Mirror Shield (L4)
Spirit Temple (L5)
Water Palace (L6)
Twilight Tower (L7 [Final Level])

Other/Misc:
Camelot Castle
Cave of Ordeals (Possibly)
Various Shops and Caves
A tunnel from The Dark World into the Gerudo Valley.
Windmill
Various Houses

And thats pretty much it. If you want a screenie or a Map of any of these area's, PM me. Some of these are not complete/started.

EDIT: Oh, and if your name has the word "Revfan" anywhere in it, don't post here about the quest as I already know what you're going to say.:waggle: :poke: :unhappy: :mad2:

DarkFlameWolf
04-22-2007, 02:06 PM
there's only seven levels. Why not go the full mile for 9? :P

Majora
04-22-2007, 03:15 PM
To be honest, I ran out of Ideas for 2 more areas to add levels. and I couldn't add levels to area's with one already because that would seem (in my opinion)... cheap....

EDIT:I'm already uncomfortable with the Temple of the MS being in the Dark World with Arrow Dungeon...

I will think about it, and if I can come up with 2 more area's, I'll put in 2 more levels (between 6 and 7 so that Twilight Tower is still last.) I was planning to put Death Mountain as an area, I guess I will now. Got any suggestions for another area? Here's what I have so far:

Northern Forest (Forest)
The Dark World (Dark Overworld)
Town of Camelot (A Town)
Sea of No Return (E and W) (Sea/Ocean)
wait! For Lv 7/9 it will be an ocean and for lv6 it will be a sea! (instead of them both being the same thing)

ehh... I'll just list them, as I am too lazy to continue in that format:

Forest
Dark Over world
Desert
Ocean
Sea
Mountain
Plain (Frozen, then Normal)
Town

And thats pretty much it. From LV 1-7, the "Themes":

Forest (Boomerang Dependant, basic puzzles)

Generic Ancient Temple (Mostly Puzzles, Dependant on all Items acquired up to that point)

Wooden/Arrow (Some puzzles, arrow dependant)

Frozen (Heavily Dependant on Mirror Shield, and some fire)

Desert (Heavily Dependant on lens of truth, more than one boss, hardest puzzles)

Water/Aquatic (Flippers, raft, and Hook Shot Dependant, hard puzzles)

Mix of all the above. (L7/Last level)

EDIT2: Umm... DFW, would you mind giving my quest a quick play through?

DarkFlameWolf
04-22-2007, 07:06 PM
wish I could, too many things on my plate at the moment, sadly.

Majora
04-27-2007, 09:34 AM
I have completed my demo.

8 straight hours of work can do wonders. Level 2 is bigger than Level 1. I finished giving Level 2 a complete face lift in one afternoon while Level 1 took me a week O_o.

Cosmic....

So as soon as I work out the bugs in the Demo, I will submit it to the PZC Expo along with a few MP3's that go with it (in a seperate download package of course!)

bluedeath
04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Why not a Sky Temple? Or maybe Swamp?

Majora
04-29-2007, 09:46 PM
I was listening to a MIDI of the Boss Battle from Level 1 in TP. Now I am pondering over whether or not I should script the crap out of the Boss battle in my forest temple to recreate it. Should I? If you've played TP, you know what I'm talking about.

As for a Sky temple, I'll see how I can work it in.

But now I'm facing a few problems:

My quest is supposed to be a mesh of elements from EVERY Zelda game released so far. However, I'm leaning too much to Ocarina of Time (Namely NPC's). Would this be too repetitive? I added a frickin chamber of Sages, Rauru and Saria are in it, Link is OoT Adult Link, etc.

Revfan9
04-29-2007, 10:20 PM
Why don't you try to be original instead of using plot stuff from the official Zeldas? You make no sense...

Russ
04-29-2007, 11:51 PM
How about this for a sky temple. We all rember in TP the only way to get to the city in the sky was the giant cannon. How about now Lake Hylia has flooded and the cannon is underwater. You must navigate through the water temple to drain the water level and use the cannon to get to the now ruined city in the sky.

Majora
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Why don't you try to be original instead of using plot stuff from the official Zeldas? You make no sense...

"I make no sense".... coming from YOU?! I laugh at you. Dude, just let me do my thing, and you can do whatever you're doing at the moment. When have I criticized YOUR work(s)?
:glare: :eyebrow: :mad2: :whap:

And secondly (@ the bold),

EDIT: Oh, and if your name has the word "Revfan" anywhere in it, don't post here about the quest as I already know what you're going to say.:waggle: :poke: :unhappy: :mad2:

Maybe I've been living under a rock, but aside from some fancy rips, palettes, and mybe ONE quest, I've yet to see anything good from you.

EDIT: Have you even TRIED playing it? I doubt it....

EDIT2: Ok, so I remebered TWO things from you: The Rod of Seasons Script, and that one other one you made for me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small update: I changed the ways to get into the Lost Desert AND Gerudo Valley from the Dark World.

Also, for the ending, I will use the style of the ending from the oracle games, after you beat Ganon: A middle length cut-scene with actual categories for crediting and giving it thusly. If I can got around to it, all the player will have to do is walk in a certain direction the whole time. (I have to plan this out more, but I'm just updating so I won't forget later on)