PDA

View Full Version : Oh Nintendo, you're so defensive of your accessories...

Tygore
04-19-2007, 12:32 AM
I sent in my DS Lite to get a dead pixel fixed last week. Got it back today, and my stylus was in a seperate bag with a sheet of paper that said the following-

Unlicensed
This item is not licensed for use with any of the systems manufactured by Nintendo of America Inc., and does not bear the Official Nintendo Seal. We are unable to ensure its compatibility with our products. Nintendo is able to repair only the items that we manufacture, so we are returning the component to you. Please contact the compan that produces this product if you need repair assistance.

Your Nintendo warranty may be voided if damage is caused by the use of a non-licensed product.

The Official Nintendo Deal is your assurance that a product is licensed or manufactured by Nintendo. Always look for this seal when buying video games, accessories, games and related products.

And then general contact/copyright information. And yes, they did repair the dead pixel, but I still thought it funny that they took the time to notice a third party stylus that looks almost exactly like the official one- it's a slightly different shade of white. And seriously- it's a STYLUS. It's not like some third party is going to sell a razor-blade stylus.

Glenn the Great
04-19-2007, 12:35 AM
I would have removed the stylus prior to shipping it to Nintendo.

Tygore
04-19-2007, 12:51 AM
I didn't even think about it. It's not something you'd notice offhand unless you are very familiar with the exact shade of the official stylus, I wasn't expecting them to check that sort of thing anyway. I figured they'd just confirm the dead pixel and send the replacement.

mrz84
04-19-2007, 08:47 AM
Kinda funny if you think about it. :kitty:

Warlock
04-19-2007, 11:15 AM
I would have removed the stylus prior to shipping it to Nintendo.

I got like 5 extra styluses that way :)

Orion
04-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Don't touch your DS's screen -- your finger is not approved with the Nintendo Seal of Quality.

Darth Marsden
04-19-2007, 02:59 PM
While I find it somewhat amusing they told you this, they are just covering all the bases. You just know that if they didn't say that, someone would sue them for damaging their DS with an unofficial product that they weren't properly warned about. Y'know, cause people will sue you for anything they can these days. Assholes.

Warlock
04-19-2007, 03:20 PM
While I find it somewhat amusing they told you this, they are just covering all the bases. You just know that if they didn't say that, someone would sue them for damaging their DS with an unofficial product that they weren't properly warned about. Y'know, cause people will sue you for anything they can these days. Assholes.

Right, it prevents misunderstandings. Nintendo has to cover their ass :P

Cloral
04-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Don't you just love lawyers? They make all our lives so much better!