PDA

View Full Version : How do I mute Or delete A specific sfx?

michal9000
04-18-2007, 12:52 AM
How do I mute Or delete A specific sfx? There are some specific sfx's I do not like, I was Trying to get rid of them, Or at least them main one that bothers me!
Which is the message string sound sfx! I went to sfx but did not see an option to delete or mute sfx, I'm also kind of stumped on which sfx number the sfx for the message string is. If any one knows of a way to do this or knows of a thread that can help me, or a tutorial, that would be great, and Thank you.

Luigi
04-18-2007, 10:06 AM
You can't really 'mute' a SFX per se, but you can load a small 'quiet' WAV file (a WAV file with no sound).

The SFX number for message strings is 18.

michal9000
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
Edit: Here is a link to the files that I've tried! the folders they are in explain what they do when I load them into the sfx slot 18, and test them in zc! maybe this can confirm it as a bug or confirm it other than bug! http://files-upload.com/177093/thesfxfile.zip.html

Ok thanks that worked to get rid of the sfx, but now zc freezes and shuts down, and gives me an unexpected error has occurred! I'm using 254 just in case thats going to be asked.

This has happened twice now! The first time, was right after the string finished and I tried to open my subscreen. Then I reopened zc, and my qst, this time I was able to open my subscreen then leave the area, but A minute later it did the same thing, but I was just cutting grass!

I have been using the 254 for a while now, and this is the first I've seen of any thing like this happen! Do you think it's possibly a bug regarding swapping/changing sfx's? :confused:

Edit: fix'd zc number"354 to the right number 254"