PDA

View Full Version : I need help for somthing.

bluedeath
04-17-2007, 01:42 PM
I want to post a video on www.youtube.com but after i finish all the uploading and shit, the video didnt show up, its been a day, then i went to my account option then it said somthing er i dont remember. Um... Yea... My friend sais i need to convert the video into an amv is that true? If so, then can you tell me how?

Beldaran
04-17-2007, 01:51 PM
I went to youtube.com and clicked "help" (http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/topic.py?topic=10524).

But you know, asking about how to do something at a completely unrelated website is a good strategy too.

Gerudo
04-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Come on now, Beldaran. Play nice, eh?

While clicking 'Help' for the actual site is most beneficial, bluedeath most likely thought that a few people here were experienced with YouTube and could help, not offer such great capacity for sarcasm as you did. ;)

Although I haven't uploaded anything to YT yet, I might soon. My cousin likes to try and get some good air on his ATV. I wanna be there for when he crashes and burns, and share it with the rest of YT.

Beldaran
04-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Well, there was no need for me to be snarky. But still, typically I try to ask questions on forums after I've at least glanced at the help file.

bluedeath
04-18-2007, 03:45 PM
My friend sais i need to convert it into amv.. I finnaly remember what it said. Proccesing failed(invalid file format).

Beldaran
04-18-2007, 04:08 PM
My friend sais i need to convert it into amv.. I finnaly remember what it said. Proccesing failed(invalid file format).

Did you try reading the help file I posted? I'll quote it for your convenience:

YouTube accepts video files from most digital cameras, camcorders, and cell phones in the .WMV, .AVI, .MOV, and .MPG file formats.

.amv is not listed.

Read the help file. It's there to help.

bluedeath
04-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm using windows movie maker, so i really have no idea how to get that those kinds of video's, sorry for all the confusion. I dont have camera or camcorders, and i'm not going to use my brothers cellphone. So a little help?

The_Amaster
04-18-2007, 07:21 PM
I think WMM either automatically saves as a .amv, or theres an option for it. There may be a "publish" or "finish" type funtion somewhere that formats it for internet. I don't remember all that much, it's been a while.

Glenn the Great
04-18-2007, 09:38 PM
My guess is that when he says AMV, he means WMV, in which case, that seems to be the default format that WMM saves files as.

Darth Marsden
04-19-2007, 03:54 AM
I've used Windows Movie Maker a fair bit in the past, and it does, by default, save as .wmv, so you should be able to upload those. If you can't, you can save them as other types, say .avi, but the file size is much bigger. If you're really stuck, I suggest giving someone from YouTube an email. I suspect they'll be able to help you more then we can.