PDA

View Full Version : Extra dungeon problems

salty53
04-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I recently got started with Alphadawg's tutorial, and things have been going well up to now. I made the first Triforce dungeon, which went fine, but now I've made a new dungeon with no Triforce piece, just a Red Candle as its prize.

In this new dungeon, however, people don't appear in rooms to speak where they're supposed to. And Link doesn't walk through doorways, he walks over them. Doors might also be unlocking themselves. The first dungeon had all of these features, and they all worked fine; why should they stop working now?

Also, when I tried to load a MIDI file of the Zelda II temple background music for this dungeon, it didn't detect the MIDI file, even though it was in the same folder.

So, in summary:

1. Broken bonus dungeon
2. ZQuest not detecting MIDI

I use version 2.10, in case it matters.

erm2003
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Make sure your dmap for the level is set as a dungeon type and the level number is higher than zero. That may solve a lot of your problems with the dungeon itself.

As for the MIDI, make sure you load it through the music menu first, then select it in the dmap settings. You can test it in the music menu to make sure it's working properly before you assign it to the dmap.

Pineconn
04-13-2007, 10:08 PM
^Correct on everything^

Just to add: If you can't load the file into ZQuest, the file may not be the correct file type. This may sound stupid, but make sure that it is a MIDI, not an .mp3 or .ogg file. I've actually tried to load an mp3... in my younger ZQuest days...

salty53
04-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks, erm2003. I was using 0 for the level number (I'll use 10 now), and I hadn't loaded the music.

LinkMaster500
04-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Yes. For dungeons without Triforce pieces, you can use any number 10 or higher. Just remember that you must use 1-8 for Triforce pieces.