PDA

View Full Version : A sErious Question Amoung AGNers

mrz84
04-13-2007, 11:49 AM
To those who know of the webcomic Dragon Omega and myself work on, we're currently looking for a new home for the comic before we begin putting the new comics we have done up. Angelfire apparently just doesn't like me anymore. So I need a new place for Bar-buddies to spread randomness from. Preferably something free and that doesn't require a degree in programming or whatnot to mess with. Thanks in advance. BTW, if you wanna preview some of the new stuff, pm me your email address and I'll be happy to send you via email the first new 2-part story arc. Thanks again to anyone who lends a hand. :kitty:

AlexMax
04-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Dreamhost isn't free, but it's ridiculously fucking cheap for what you get (http://www.dreamhost.com/)

(it was also kind of unreliable 6 months ago, but from what I hear, they have their problems sorted out. Also, try not to use too much CPU)

Mitsukara
04-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Gerudonet is currently on Dreamhost. Generally it seems pretty good (loads of bandwidth + space for what Gerudo says is cheap) but it was having stability trouble several months ago. Nothing I've noticed recently.

ZTC
04-16-2007, 12:06 PM
*sent another PM*

as stated in there, just give me a username and password, as I've got everything sorted out on my side now.

Gerudo
04-16-2007, 02:49 PM
with DreamHost, i get somewhere in the ballpark of 2 terabytes of bandwidth, and something like 25 gigs of space for 10 bucks a month.

i don't know exactly what you're looking for mrz, but if you want it, i'll give you a subdomain on either one of my domain's (i have 2). if you hate ftp clients, my host has a web uploader available, i believe.

good luck.

Mitsukara
04-17-2007, 12:28 PM
if you hate ftp clients, my host has a web uploader available, i believe.
Yes it does, I use it frequently. ^^' That "net2ftp" thing.

...or is that just a seperate online FTP client that can be used, and not part of dreamhost? Probably so. *shuts up now*

biggiy05
04-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Check out 1and1.com. They have some nice packages and the prices are hard to beat.

mrz84
04-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, if things work out, expect a new Bar-Buddies thread in Genereal Entertainment to announce the new comcis with a link to the site and such. :kitty:

Glitch
04-18-2007, 04:11 PM
Dreamhost isn't free, but it's ridiculously fucking cheap for what you get (http://www.dreamhost.com/)

(it was also kind of unreliable 6 months ago, but from what I hear, they have their problems sorted out. Also, try not to use too much CPU)

Dreamhost is awesome. Been using it for my WoW guild website since December.