PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy V Help

SpacemanDan
04-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm fighting Enuo in the sealed temple, but I just can't beat him. I've tried various startegies, but they just don't work for me.
My people range from level 48 to level 50. I've mastered every job. If anyone can help out, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cloral
04-11-2007, 01:47 PM
Gah, I played the SNES version of the game, in which he doesn't exist. So I can't help you with that one.

SpacemanDan
04-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Sorry, I should have specified which version I was refering too.

DarkFlameWolf
04-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm at level 48-50 and having a tough time with bosses in the merged world. So I really think you need to level up, be like around 70-80.

Warlock
04-11-2007, 02:16 PM
To be fair, chances are pretty good that people who've played it either played the PSX version (in which that stands), or the GBA version (to which the question is directed). The SNES version wasn't released here, so the only people who have played it are playing fan-translated roms (or imported, but I doubt it). So that's more-or-less 50/50 with the exception of Cloral who is a n00b :P haha

Anyways, sorry, I never got that far. ONE OF THESE DAYS I'll beat it. I just got FFIII at the time and never got around to finishing FFV (and now I've got to finish FFIII as well -_- At least I beat FF VI Advance!)

Cloral
04-11-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm at level 48-50 and having a tough time with bosses in the merged world. So I really think you need to level up, be like around 70-80.

40-50 should be fine if you use your jobs to their potential. I had my party set up so that every player could cast either white or black magic well and could fight well. This makes the game a lot easier as you can deal with most of the situations straight away. There are a few exceptions, like the deep sea crevice where it helps to have bards that can sing requiem on the undead. But otherwise, you pretty much just attack normally and use spells as needed. Really, I found that FFV was pretty easy on my second playthrough since I understood the job system and how to use it to make strong, versitile characters.

DarkFlameWolf
04-11-2007, 06:04 PM
Well considering I have every current job maxed out (thank you Object De Arts!) and I'm still having trouble. Maybe I'm just not utilizing certain jobs or techniques?

Cloral
04-11-2007, 06:45 PM
Perhaps. What is your current character setup?

vegeta1215
04-11-2007, 08:34 PM
I started playing FFV Advance but got side tracked when I got other games. I'm almost at the 2nd world in Advance, but I have played through the whole game on an emulator (although the boss you're fighting is a new boss only in the Advance version right?)

Having someone that can dual wield swords and using X-Fight is a pretty powerful combination. I think I did something like that with Lightning Magic Sword to beat the Omega Weapon. Dual wielding strong lances/tridents and performing Jump can do some good damage (that's how I beat Shinryu). Being able to Summon is handy, and there are some really good Blue spells - I feel Blue mages are often ignored, but they can be very powerful.

I haven't done it yet, but if you equip the right equipment, you can get a Dancer to perform Sword Dance at a much higher rate, and do some mega damage if you combine it with other powerful skills.

I found a really really good FFV site a while back. I'll link it if I find it again.

Glenn the Great
04-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Job skills go a much longer way than levels do in this game. Almost every boss can be cheesed with the right job setup.

KJAZZ
04-12-2007, 08:13 AM
A good idea once you're far enough into the game is to equip a Berserker with a Dancing Dagger, Rune Axe, and either Red Shoes or a Lamia's Tiara. With this setup, each time the berserker attacks it has a 50% chance of hitting Sword Dance twice. Very powerful indeed.

DarkFlameWolf
04-12-2007, 01:48 PM
interesting way of using a Berserker, thanks, I'll do that.

Cloral
04-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Heh, my job setups never got quite as interesting as that. In the early part of the game, I had 2 monks, a white mage, and a black mage. As soon as the monks learned brawl (which lets you attack empty-handed as effectively as a monk), I switched and make the monks mages and the mages monks, until they too learned brawl. This setup produced a party with 4 characters that can fight effectively with their hands and can also use magic. In the early going, this combination is absolutely killer.
Later in the game I used more variety in my fighting classes, such as knights and archers. But for the most part the forumula remained the same: 2 would work on their magic skills while the other 2 used good fighting classes, and they would swap as the mages gained higher skill levels.

Glenn the Great
04-12-2007, 02:42 PM
In the early part of the game, I had 2 monks, a white mage, and a black mage. As soon as the monks learned brawl (which lets you attack empty-handed as effectively as a monk), I switched and make the monks mages and the mages monks, until they too learned brawl. This setup produced a party with 4 characters that can fight effectively with their hands and can also use magic. In the early going, this combination is absolutely killer.

That is definitely the way to go in the early game. I've only played the game through once. Several years ago, I played the SNES version, and in it, I mastered every job with every character, and got all of the spells, summons, as well as killing Omega and Shinryuu.

Having only gone though the game that one time, I didn't really get to learn all of the classes very well, so my setup was rather boring too. I was reluctant to use a lot of the classes, and just ended up mostly using knights and mages.

mrz84
04-13-2007, 12:02 PM
I've played both the rom and the psx versions. I've made it the X-Zone in both and got creamed by Omega because I didn't have the right job set-up.

For my job setup, I've ALWAYS had AT LEAST one person with Blue Magic. Always. I've usually got a Main physical attack, a magical aatacker, a healer or some sort and a trickster as I like to call them. This got me through the game (both rom and PSX) until I encountered Omega whom I employed the best equipment that could help either absorb or defend against his attacks. I have yet to beat him or the game for that matter and I haven't played it for awhile (I blame Disgaea(1 and 2), Dragon Quest VIII, Metroid Prime, Animal Crossing(Gamecube), .hack, and Xenosaga for this)

DarkFlameWolf
04-13-2007, 01:05 PM
well I'm struggled with all job classes mastered at the water shrine or whatever in the merged world going for the second tablet and against tough enemies like Tot Aevis which has 38,000 hp or something and does 500+ hp per attack, its crazy. O_o

{DSG}DarkRaven
04-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Well considering I have every current job maxed out (thank you Object De Arts!) and I'm still having trouble. Maybe I'm just not utilizing certain jobs or techniques?

Oh man, you have the advance version and you used that enemy to level your jobs up? Gosh, that must've taken forever. I mean, I did that early on, but once you can reasonably access the last few levels of the void, right before Exdeath, you can get 20 abp per battle easy, sometimes as much as 200.

Anyway, my basic FFV strategy went like this: Everyone plays monk>Brawl>Black, White, Blue>Everyone learns everything else. Those are the important early game skills that make beating anything or learning anything a breeze. If a boss is vulnerable to physical, monk it to death. If it's vulnerable to magic, black it to death. Use white to heal, and blue to gain ABP for other jobs.

Eventually, once the jobs are mastered, use the any class, and you'll be crazy powerful. Gain levels in the castle area of the void, fighting iron giants until you can beat the game and handle the new dungeon safely. When you can, equip EXP up from the gladiator and gain levels in the tomb area near Omega Mk II. I'm in the upper 70s right now. Gather the last of the good equipment. Dual wield, x-fight, slay anything that moves for exp. Save often, and tackle super bosses when you're ready.

If you're barely hitting level 50, you're just not ready for Enuo.

Glenn the Great
04-13-2007, 04:24 PM
Here is the secret to easily beating Omega:

Make use of your Magic Knight's magic sword ability, putting Bolt 3 on your swords, and then X-Fight it to death. You'll get in multiple 9999 blows, and take it down before it gets the chance to start tearing into you.

{DSG}DarkRaven
04-14-2007, 12:50 AM
That's the secret to easily beating almost any boss, Glenn, save for Omega Mk II and other bosses with shifting elemental barriers. I tried that on Mk II once without realizing it, and I was slain by the counter attacks before I could exhale fully. It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been quicksaving and lost fifteen levels.

KJAZZ
04-14-2007, 10:25 AM
Meh, I used a Magic Knight to defeat Mk II. His weaknesses can only be Fire, Ice, and Lightning, and it starts off as Lightning, so when he barrier changes for the first time, it'll either be Fire or Ice. So, I have a 50% shot of getting the weakness right.

Now... Neo Shinryu... that's something different altogether. That's the boss that took the most tries for me.

SpacemanDan
04-14-2007, 10:56 AM
A little move I like to pull off on Enuo is to have a Mime with Dualcast, Time and White. Equpped with the Sage Staff, I cast Quick and Holy. Then, with the next turn, I cast Holy twice, then the third, I mimic the previous turn, all for the most part, interruption-free, because of Quick giving me an extra 2 turns. The major downfall to this is that it costs ALOT of MP to pull off, but the end result can be well over 25000 damage to the foe.

As for Neo Shinryu, everytime I hit it, it seems to nullify my attack entirely. Is that a result of the Mighty Gaurd it casts right when the battle starts?

Just a little question, what's X-Fight? Which job gets it?

vegeta1215
04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I think it may be the Archer that gets X-Fight. Could be wrong though, it's been a while.

SpacemanDan
04-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Is that the one that hits the foe with 4 weaker attacks? In the advance version, its rapid fire.

Cloral
04-14-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah that's X-Fight, and yes, it is the archer that teaches it. I think when you use the archer there is a very slight chance at each attack of him doing it instead of his regular attack.

{DSG}DarkRaven
04-14-2007, 03:08 PM
The good thing about X-fight, or Rapid Fire, though, is that it can still do criticals. And technically, since you're doing half damage over four hits, you're already getting a critical. So with the right weapons, especially late game with legendary weapons or better, you can really do a lot of damage. I think the Enhancer is the best sword you can get a lot of late game (by stealing), so with dual wielding and spellblade, most bosses with any weakness are toast. The only way for Neo Shinryu or Omega Mk II to even be challenging would be to have immunities to this. I haven't picked up my copy in a while, to continue the grind, but I'm nearly at level 80 and even with the best equipment, the super bosses are still challenging.

vegeta1215
04-15-2007, 09:48 AM
Is that what it's called now? RapidFire? Ugh... I hate how the command names are all different now. I will say at least that one makes sense. The ones for the Samurai are all Japanese words I believe, and give no clue of what they actually do.