PDA

View Full Version : Eyeball(2) idea

Master_of_Power
04-11-2007, 06:14 AM
Heres an idea that can make Over-Under bridges happen on one screen: Eyeball Two is a flag that cycles a combo depending on which direct link its in respect to that combo.

Say Link is North of Square one - Square one is walkable
Link went through Square One and is now south of it - Square One is no longer walkable.

Link moves to the east/west side of Square 1- its now a slashable combo with the inherent flag type Armos -> Item. You now gained Yet Another Completely Useless Item(YACUI.) Depending on which side you are on when you slashed can change the tile all together.

Also, don't give me the "This is already possible", because, even if it was, it would take a LOT of triggers and secret combos to pull off, and making certain secrets not work that you obviously wanted on the screen

_L_
04-11-2007, 10:39 AM
That... doesn't seem to suffice for making over-under bridges.

Majora
04-11-2007, 06:47 PM
How about 2 new combo types? :

E-W Bridge

N-S Bridge

When walking in the directions of the specified combo, you walk OVER it. So for the E-W Bridge, walking on it from either E or W means Link will walk OVER it. When approaching the combo from N or S, it will be treated as if the combo was on layer 3-4.

_L_
04-14-2007, 07:10 AM
That's the intuitive implementation. It falls apart when you try to make a 2x2 bridge.

Majora
04-14-2007, 08:53 AM
Well... then would this work?:

A FFC flag with the same basic function. 2 check boxes, one for E-W, and another for N-S so that when you approach the FFC from either of those pairs of directions, Link walks over it, approaching it from the other 2 directions results in walkin under.

The_Amaster
04-14-2007, 11:15 AM
You know, as I was typing this post I thought of two different ideas, and both of them I got halfway through typing before realizing how difficult to implement and/or useless they would be(For those curious, an "overhead disabler" and a "walkability trigger")

Thinking about it, I think the best way is just with direct warps. Sure you need another screen, but it's just easier.

Nimono
04-14-2007, 11:42 AM
You know, as I was typing this post I thought of two different ideas, and both of them I got halfway through typing before realizing how difficult to implement and/or useless they would be(For those curious, an "overhead disabler" and a "walkability trigger")

Thinking about it, I think the best way is just with direct warps. Sure you need another screen, but it's just easier.

Or, just do it the way it is done now, with Triggers. ;)

The_Amaster
04-15-2007, 10:44 AM
You know, it may not be good for bridges, but the idea of an eyeball combo that cycles combos instead of tiles could have some interesting uses. Any dev wanna guess how difficult this would be?