PDA

View Full Version : Quick Update

War Lord
04-08-2007, 11:02 PM
I'm just bouncing off of a reformat along with a lot going on at work, so I'll be taking care of SE and the various sites shortly.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Pineconn
04-09-2007, 12:37 AM
:)

War Lord!! I missed you so much!! And it's cool that you've been too busy to work on the sites. As said before by many people, we all have lives.

By the way, [here (http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/zc_qdb_petition/)] is a list of (currently) 50 people who yearn to have Zelda Classic and the Quest Database back up and running. 'Tis a petition I created about three days ago. It's been the talk of the forums as of late... or something. Just thought I'd give you the heads up.

Prrkitty
04-09-2007, 01:34 AM
We're all here War Lord. Real life always always always takes precedence over internet. :) <hug>

Glenn the Great
04-09-2007, 02:17 AM
Feel free to take more time off. You won't earn any street cred hanging around here.

Beldaran
04-09-2007, 03:33 AM
we all have lives.

:confused:

Dechipher
04-09-2007, 04:25 AM
Feel free to take more time off. You won't earn any street cred hanging around here.

Nigga pleeze.

The_Amaster
04-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Wondered what you'd been up to. Cool, nice to know work is getting done.

rocksfan13
04-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Please, War Lord. Please, fix the ZC quest database.

I'm glad to see you back and all, but Prry does have a point. Life comes first and I respect that. Do we have an estimate on the time it will take for the fixes being done?

Pineconn
04-09-2007, 02:57 PM
we all have lives.
:confused:

I use the term "all" loosely.

Glenn the Great
04-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Quit relying on AGN to be the center of everything, and someone make your own database. War Lord is too incompetent to manage such a thing over a long enough term.

Luigi
04-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Quit relying on AGN to be the center of everything, and someone make your own database. War Lord is too incompetent to manage such a thing over a long enough term.

They've already made (http://www.zcresource.org/downloads.php) their own database.

Pineconn
04-09-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes they have (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96941).

So would you rather have ten minor QDBs, or one huge one? I vote for ZC.com's resurrection. Why? It already has its credibility, affiliates, knowledge of existence, and members.

War Lord is too incompetent to manage such a thing over a long enough term.

Which is why we should do what PureZC (or any website) does: have multiple webmasters/uploaders. Plus, Eckels was last in charge of the site when it was stable.

Glenn the Great
04-09-2007, 08:47 PM
Yes they have (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96941).

So would you rather have ten minor QDBs, or one huge one? I vote for ZC.com's resurrection. Why? It already has its credibility, affiliates, knowledge of existence, and members.

Which is why we should do what PureZC (or any website) does: have multiple webmasters/uploaders. Plus, Eckels was last in charge of the site when it was stable.

Not quite so sure about the credibility.......

Anyway, War Lord isn't the kind of guy to have multiple webmasters or uploaders. In my opinion, you are better off touting your own database as the definitive place to get quests.

Pineconn
04-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Eh, "credibility" sounded nice when I was typing it. :tongue:

Still, ZC has a nice visual interface. It's just, y'know, broken. And it's not like War Lord has to fix it; he could just get someone with PHP skills to fix it. Skills that I unfortunately don't have.

rocksfan13
04-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Yes, I'm all for reviving the original. The ones that are coming around are in place because ZC.com is down. None are intended to replace it.

Believe you me, if I had PhP experience, I would offer up for fixing it in a heart beat.

Maybe this commotion will spark the change. Who knows? Only War Lord.

Pineconn
04-10-2007, 03:09 PM
Plus, for some of you nay-sayers, we have been endeavoring (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90503) to get the QDB fixed for about a year. And things were going well, as in we could actually log in and post comments, until a few months ago. Now we can do nothing with the QDB (except download the Top Ten quests, I think).

War Lord, the fate of the site and AGN lies in your hands!

elise
04-10-2007, 03:18 PM
(except download the Top Ten quests, I think).

You can't even download those ;)

Pineconn
04-10-2007, 03:28 PM
I think if you place " http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/download.php?file=xxx.zip " in the address bar and replace "xxx" with the quest name, you may be able to access the file. Lemme check.

EDIT: o.o Right. You can indeed access a few quests with that URL.

elise
04-10-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah and there is also somebody that is making a list with the quests to get them that way ...........but that isn't the way it's meant to be:shrug:
and the list is not on that mainpage there so most people don't even ever will try it that way :shrug:
We just need the questdatabase back ;)

Pineconn
04-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Absolutely. Well.... there's nothing we can do but wait. I wonder how long "shortly" is. My guess is the weekend.

rocksfan13
04-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Wishful thinking, Pineconn. He did mention SE first. So I would say that will come first then the ZC Quest DB.

Prrkitty
04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
At this point I hope the ZC Database is taken care of first before anything else is done.

biggiy05
04-12-2007, 06:31 PM
At this point I hope the ZC Database is taken care of first before anything else is done.

Doubt it.

I'm just bouncing off of a reformat along with a lot going on at work, so I'll be taking care of SE and the various sites shortly.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up.

Pineconn
04-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Well... he did mention in this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96173) link that he wanted to tackle ZC.com next. Of course, that was a few months ago. I think that ZC is much more of a well-known feature of AGN than SE is, so it would make more sense to fix ZC's site (even though I don't think there is anything wrong with SE's site, it's just inactive).

biggiy05
04-12-2007, 07:54 PM
Well... he did mention in this (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96173) link that he wanted to tackle ZC.com next. Of course, that was a few months ago. I think that ZC is much more of a well-known feature of AGN than SE is, so it would make more sense to fix ZC's site (even though I don't think there is anything wrong with SE's site, it's just inactive).

He's working on it alone and has a busy life. He set the priorities and I'm sure he will get to ZC when he has time.

Blues Singer
04-13-2007, 10:23 PM
:) Hurry back War Lord.... We all misssssss you

King Aquamentus
04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately, Zeldaclassic.com's database is the only Database I know of where you can download pLeitorian's quests. same goes for other dissapearing makers, like Germis.

Pineconn
04-14-2007, 02:17 PM
And mine. ;)

Yeah, so as long as the QDB gets back up at one point in time, I'd be a happy camper. But still, this is un poco ridiculous. If you don't want to fix the site, get someone else to.

biggiy05
04-14-2007, 11:03 PM
And mine. ;)

Yeah, so as long as the QDB gets back up at one point in time, I'd be a happy camper. But still, this is un poco ridiculous. If you don't want to fix the site, get someone else to.

Starting to get a little demanding aren't we? It's one person taking on the whole site. The fact that AGN is still standing after god knows how many years is something. WL taking it on by him self is something else.

Why not find another way to share quests with one another in the meantime? E-mail maybe?

Pineconn
04-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Yes we are. And I appreciate what War Lord has done to make AGN a very nice place. I just figured it would be in everybody's best interest that the QDB would be restored. Ever since the site has been down, traffic to AGN has diminished.

Glenn the Great
04-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Why can't the other quest databases upload these oh-so-special quests by Pleitorian, Pineconn, et. al. onto their own databases?

rocksfan13
04-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Because if one doesn't know the exact path to the files stored in the database, it's impossible to find them. The fact that you can't even download quests is what is breaking the ZC part of AGN.

If you actually download the quests, this wouldn't be such a big deal.

Glenn the Great
04-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Someone has the quests. Put out a bounty for them or something.

Pineconn
04-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Heh. We had a joke a while ago that maybe War Lord would fix the site sooner if a bunch of us bought his tape. :D (Too bad I'm too dang young. o.o)

EDIT: [Clicky (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90503&page=3)] Comment #72 by elise. ;)

Glenn the Great
04-15-2007, 12:35 AM
If you all bought his tape, he'd do other things instead of fixing the database (like spending your money.)

War Lord
04-15-2007, 02:29 AM
The ZC site (mainly just the Quest DB) is in fact next.

Glenn, you can quit with the random bs comments here and there throughout the forums. You tend to speak a lot out of your ass instead of facts just to be a general dick towards me. You try to walk the fine line between being banned and not being banned. Why not just grow up and worry about yourself. I know it's hard for you to do, but perhaps it would be best. In that particular instance I made no profit off of any CD's sold, which negates your trollish post.

If you do indeed still have a problem with me, perhaps you should take it up via e-mail or pm.

Pathwalker
04-16-2007, 08:57 PM
war lord, thank you, both for your information about the zc site and your comment to glenn.
glenn, prrkitty said it best when she said that she liked the caring family feel to shattered earth. i remember when agn was like that and i miss it very much. please do your part to help bring that feeling back to agn. if your can not say something nice, please say nothing at all.

Pineconn
04-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Ah, that sounds great, War Lord. Glad to hear that this community is still part of your life.