PDA

View Full Version : Multiple reserved caves/rooms

Draxbonai
04-07-2007, 02:17 PM
I'm somewhat new to the editor, however, I took Alphadawg's tutorial, which helped a lot. The only problem I've had with the editor thus far, is not being able
to have different rooms for square 80. I tried using other dmap's square 80, but to no avail. What I'm trying to do is, if you go into a cave with a guy/item, you'll be in a cave backround, but if you go into a house, the backround will be a house. I've tried nearly everything, so some pointers would be great. On the side, I've noticed a lot of people having errors with Alpha's tutorial. If you extract it, and notice files getting overwritten, use winrar to open it.

The_Amaster
04-07-2007, 03:06 PM
In that case, for one or the other you have to make each interior individually and warp to it regularly rather than with a cave/item room warp. So, whichever you have less of, caves or houses, just draw the interior for each of those on a differnet map. Oh, and you need a new dmap too, so that the music and color are right. The dmap should be type "cave", and you need to set the guy and item on the actual screen instead of the screen with the entrance. I think that's about it.

Nimono
04-07-2007, 11:38 PM
Here's a better tip: On the overworld, the Passageway warp is basically the exact same as Cave/Item Room. So, why not use Screen 80 (Cave/Item Room warps take you there) for one, and Screen 81 (Passageways) for the other? ;)

AmazingAmpharos
04-07-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that just plain doesn't work. I think Cave/Item Cellar warps always send you to screen 80 regardless of what screen you tell it to go to. I think actually using a 3 stair warp is the only way it will let you on screen 81 at all.

EDIT: Oh, I misread, but yeah, it would probably do that.

The_Amaster
04-07-2007, 11:48 PM
No, I think a Passageway would work, but you'd enter through the ceiling, or somthing.

Joe123
04-08-2007, 09:02 AM
It's better to use different Dmaps for your interiors anyway really, you can put different music and Dmap titles and colour schemes and such

Draxbonai
04-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I've already tried using warps to different set Dmaps. Even though I set the guy/info at the destination, I warp to the zone, to find nothing at all. Some more pointers would be nice about what I'm doing wrong :).

thebetter1
04-11-2007, 03:54 PM
The other DMap must have a level number other than 0 in order for guys to show up on screens other than 80 and 81. Also, make sure that you don't set the level number to 1-8 unless there is a triforce piece in one of the DMaps.

Joe123
04-11-2007, 06:10 PM
You have to use the correct warp type, 'cave/item room' will not take you there properly, try 'insta-warp with blackout'