PDA

View Full Version : Infinite Stack Items In WoW...

ShadowTiger
04-06-2007, 12:10 PM
Playing WoW for the first time on a private server. It seems that I have an infinite amount of stack items (Potions, Scrolls, Food, bandages, etc.) Is this at all normal? I bought myself a large health potion, put it next to lesser health potion, (Not a minor one.) and put those next to some heavy bandages, and six lesser boost scrolls. Seems to be a fairly nice combination. I'm looking for instant heals (Like potions.) that have a low cooldown effect. Anyone know of any?

Otherwise, I'm just looking for money at this point. I'm one of those people who likes to optimize the carrying capacity, so my current concern is getting enough money for bags with the most slots open for items. I figure I can always go back and level up in, say, Westfall, but I do like to be able to make as few trips back to town as possible.

Where may a person find a 12-slot bag, preferably in Stormwind?

(This is the strangest thread I've created this year. I'm damn sure of it.)

Glenn the Great
04-06-2007, 12:47 PM
You definitely don't get infinite stack items in the real game. Healing Potions in particular (which are what you use to instantly get large quantities of health back, with lowest cooldown), can be very hard to come by, and you usually won't have too many of them.

As for your 12 slot bags in Stormwind, I know that bags are sold in the armor store where the Leatherworking and Skinning trainers reside. I can't remember if they go up to 12 slot there or not. I think they do.

Beldaran
04-06-2007, 01:12 PM
You should play on a real server.

Bags are best bought at the auction house, I think.

ShadowTiger
04-06-2007, 01:49 PM
I'll avoid using quote boxes. They don't really carry across the meaning I want. (BTW, Happy Birthday, Glenn.)

1) Even though those potions are hard to get, I obviously only need one or two of them. :p It seems that when I use, say, the lesser potion of healing, the non-lesser potion right next to it takes less recharge time. Good to have them next to each other to use in quick succession while the other recharges. Thanks.

2) Bags, huh. Obviously, they're not in any auction houses. :p (Again, I will happily stress the "obviously" part. :blah: ) I will look for that leather merchant though. Thanks.

3) A few bugs may have cropped into this server's version. For one, that warrior quest where you have to speak to that warrior in the pig and whistle tavern in Stormwind, ... that guy sends you to the drunk a few feet to his left. He tells us to fight him or something, to pry the mug out of his hands. I accept the quest. The thing turns to a white question mark or exclamation mark above his head, and when you speak with him again, he says something along the lines of "That was a mighty good show" or something like that, and there's a Complete Quest button along the bottom, as well as it playing that quest completed fanfare. Pressing either that or the cancel button does nothing at all though. Seems I can't finish that quest. I heard that you have to wait many many minutes for it to become truly complete.

There is also some "Guard Thomas" I can't seem to find that I have to report to for something. Near the West Garrison northeast of Westfall, I believe. Just can't find him. Yeah, there are a lot of quests with no easy objectives to find.

That's why I like Guild Wars's questing system. No matter what you're doing, there's always a handy icon pointing you in the right direction, and then when it's right there on the map, there's an obvious flashing icon right where it is. No problems there. WoW doesn't seem to have anything remotely like that. It's sort of irritating. ._o

No, I don't believe I'll be playing on a Public, Non-Free Server. Not unless someone else would pay for me, and that would literally guilt me to death.

Warlock
04-06-2007, 03:26 PM

See above /\

I'd also suggest to not complain about bugs when you aren't even playing a legit version of the game.

Glenn the Great
04-06-2007, 04:28 PM
See above /\

I'd also suggest to not complain about bugs when you aren't even playing a legit version of the game.

He's not complaining about them as much as he's just telling us what bugs exist.

After you heard the completion noise from that Warrior quest, did you at least gain your Defensive Stance ability that you are supposed to gain for doing it? That's a critical thing for a Warrior to have.

ShadowTiger
04-06-2007, 09:12 PM
He's not complaining about them as much as he's just telling us what bugs exist.Indeed. After all, you do get what you pay for. :blah: It's just interesting, is all.

After you heard the completion noise from that Warrior quest, did you at least gain your Defensive Stance ability that you are supposed to gain for doing it? That's a critical thing for a Warrior to have.Nope. Pretty much what I described happens. I DO get the completion noise from the drunk, but no matter how many times I click the "Complete Quest" (Or Cancel, for that matter.) button, nothing happens at all. I can still abandon the quest and do it all over, but that complete quest button doesn't work. Why, is he actually supposed to just say "Good fight" after we don't even fight him? Is it supposed to be a silver question mark rather than a gold one? Wouldn't really make sense to "Beat" him simply by speaking with him again. :odd:

MottZilla
04-07-2007, 03:27 AM
Indeed. After all, you do get what you pay for. :blah: It's just interesting, is all.

You certainly don't get what you pay for when you actually pay for WoW.

Glenn the Great
04-07-2007, 03:34 AM
I vaguely remember that particular Warrior quest was glitched in the past, and had to be fixed in an update. Your private server needs to update to a newer patch.

Grasshopper
04-07-2007, 09:13 AM
You certainly don't get what you pay for when you actually pay for WoW.

You get what you play for. I know people who play constantly, the only game in existence, and I'm certain they don't mind paying $15/30 days.

ShadowTiger
04-07-2007, 10:14 AM
Considering how badly I keep wanting to go back, and how sorely disappointed I am when these servers act bizarrely or crash my PC, (Erupts without warning into an infinite loop of about one quarter second into another quarter second. Mostly sound. Can only reset the PC out of it.) I'm sure it would indeed be quite well worth the $15 a month fee, except if you've pretty much done everything. It's daaaamn addicting for the newbies.

Glenn the Great
04-07-2007, 10:22 AM
I want to set up a personal server on my computer sometime if possible, just to see what it is like to be wearing full 70 legendaries and epics.

ShadowTiger
04-07-2007, 03:26 PM
lol, I'd play on that server with ya. :p

I just reached Level 15 with my warrior. Found a fricken sweet 365 armor shield with +4 stamina and agility bonuses. I bought protection II and spirit II scrolls to bolster my assortment of infinite stack scrolls, (I'm a bastard, I know.) and I found my very first tin mine. (Whoopdie-do, I know, but I'm pretty happy about it.)

Westfall is NOT a happy place, let me tell you.

BTW, did anyone here ever have any trouble with that "Forgotten Heirloom" quest in Westfall as soon as they entered? (The quest-giver was there, right when you crossed the bridge. His house is to the northwest.) When I try to use the cupboard that his watch is stashed in, it says that I can't open it. Nobody else seems to have this problem. I wonder what kind of a bug this is. It seems to add the property of not being openable, rather than keeping it from being opened.

Grasshopper
04-07-2007, 10:09 PM
I'm sure it would indeed be quite well worth the $15 a month fee, except if you've pretty much done everything. It's daaaamn addicting for the newbies.

Thats the problem, it's almost hard to not have done everything or gotten everything. Unless you just get plain tired of it, then you can play it, and pay for it, forever. Which makes it hard for completionists to turn it down. :scared:

Masamune
04-07-2007, 10:42 PM
When I played on private servers, you could shoot bows and guns backwards, and repeatedly press auto shot while running away from something to kill it.

AlexMax
04-08-2007, 05:25 AM
You get what you play for. I know people who play constantly, the only game in existence, and I'm certain they don't mind paying $15/30 days.

I did a GIS search for "WoW players and this is one of the first things that came up."

http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i443919_alrak.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com)

lol what

EDIT: wow this is making me ill (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2392799)

EDIT2: ahahahahahahahaha what (http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=86841987&sid=1)

ShadowTiger
04-14-2007, 05:20 PM
I switched my Warrior over from Mining/Smelting and Blacksmithing to Herbalism and Alchemy. It's been pretty good so far, particularly due to the server's unique attribute.

I managed to fall down a cliff and fall for about forty seconds and live, not because of a server error but because I landed on a rough slope, heh... This was outside of Shadowglen; somewhat southeast of it. I couldn't get back up, so I swam to northern Kalimdor from all the way over there. Yes, it was a good ten minute swim. Thank god things there were a little under my level. (19.) Guess I'm here for good, unless I use my hearthstone, which I don't really want to do just yet.

BTW, do the Gnomes have a super city like Stormwind or Ironforge?

Glenn the Great
04-14-2007, 05:41 PM
BTW, do the Gnomes have a super city like Stormwind or Ironforge?

They would have, if it weren't overrun with baddies. Their home city was Gnomeregan, an underground city/factory. The entrance is located just west of Ironforge. It is a dungeon that you do around level 30 or so. Since losing their home, the Gnomes are rooming with the Dwarves in Ironforge.

Also, don't be surprised if many quests are glitchy on your private server. Every time the servers are updated (in the real game), several quests break, and then they are rapidly fixed and repaired.

The game you are playing is a freeze frame of how WoW used to be several months ago, along with all the old bugs that have since been addressed.

Grasshopper
04-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Gnomes and Trolls don't have a city because WoW originally only had 3 races in each faction. Gnomes and Trolls were added later.

biggiy05
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I thought I lost interest in the game and was done with it. I was wrong and now I'm back to playing it. Damn peer pressure.

AlexMax
05-04-2007, 01:35 PM

Paid for with a WoW VISA (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/visa/).

Or, keep playing your private server. The only thing you're missing on it is server population, and they don't really add much except an occational questing partner and a reason for it being humanly possible to wpie in the deadmines...again. Then when you get bored, you won't get the feeling that you just flushed $15 down the toilet.