PDA

View Full Version : Room State Carry-overs

Beta Link
04-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I keep hearing about how awesome Room State Carry-overs are, but I don't know why. What do they do? What are they for? :confused:

The_Amaster
04-06-2007, 11:51 AM
Room State Carryovers are awsome. I means that if secrets are activated on one screen, they're activated on a different one too. See, I can make it so if I push a block or activate a switch on a screen, on an entierly different screen I can make the secrets there activate to. So you can hit a switch to make a bridge, or lower a barrier in another area. To do it you just go to the switch rooms screen data and set the screen you want it to carry over to.

Beta Link
04-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Ooh... I can use those to make crystal switches like in LA/DX then?

The_Amaster
04-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I haven't played LA unfortunetly. But yeah, just guessing you can.

ShadowTiger
04-06-2007, 01:51 PM
No doubt. Just be aware that you can only trigger one kind of secret on the screen. Think of it like a tech tree. One thing leads to the rest, and is a prerequisite. So that root secret is what will be triggered.

That's all well and good of course. Just realize that you shouldn't have any other form of secrets on any screens that this is being used.

Mr. Z
04-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Screen State Carryovers also work with Reset combos. Imagine what you can do with them now.