PDA

View Full Version : Sign the QDB petition!

Pineconn
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/zc_qdb_petition

You all know the dilemma about the QDB (http://zeldaclassic.armageddongames.net/qdb.php), so let's sign this petition to get the QDB back. I set the goal to 250, so sign! And please, sign only once for a fair petition.

The_Amaster
04-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Signed.

I know it was always a plan to rebuild the QDB, but we really want it back.

Joe123
04-05-2007, 03:43 AM
Signed

rocksfan13
04-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Most definitely signed!

Quest DB FTW!

elise
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
signed ;)

Pineconn
04-05-2007, 04:23 PM
Try to spread the word that there is a petition now. Maybe add it to your sig, advertise it at PureZC, or whatever. The more signatures, the better.

And though I've always seen it, what does FTW mean? :p

elise
04-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Maybe you also have to post it in the quest discussion part .......thats the place players look :)

The_Amaster
04-05-2007, 04:59 PM
what does FTW mean?

For the Win?

Plissken
04-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Signed. I'm sick of wanting to play a quest and it's not on PureZC.

bigjoe
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
Signed! I at least hope theres a working QDB with the next ZC release.

Mega Link
04-05-2007, 09:37 PM
Signed.

beefster09
04-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Might as well. Signed!

Limzo
04-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Signed

Petoe
04-06-2007, 09:49 AM
Well I don't know if a petition will make any difference as the damn AGN staff doesn't seem to give a flying **** about ZC and the QDB, but I guess I can sign it anyways... maybe, just maybe someone will wake up and put someone capable like DFW in charge of zeldaclassic.com.

Beta Link
04-06-2007, 10:04 AM
I want the QDB back!!! SIGNED!!!

Remember though, the QDB isn't the only thing we need to be concerned about. ZC.com NEEDS someone who actually cares about it. I thought Tygore would do a good job, but he seems to be almost as useless as the other guy. We need someone who will update the site so people know ZC is far from dead.

sps999
04-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Signed!

elise
04-06-2007, 12:27 PM
Well I don't know if a petition will make any difference as the damn AGN staff doesn't seem to give a flying **** about ZC and the QDB, but I guess I can sign it anyways... maybe, just maybe someone will wake up and put someone capable like DFW in charge of zeldaclassic.com.first they will need someone to to fix the connections again before they need some people to upload the quests.
I also thought why even sign it if there isn't even anyone around to offer it to , but to show some support I signed it anyway ;)

rocksfan13
04-06-2007, 01:23 PM
Just the creation of this thread should point out the attention of the DB.

But, I agree with elise. It needs fixed first, then the person in charge can update it.

Also, it's not really fair to point the finger at Tygore. The DB went down when he was in charge of uploads and that's all he knew. It was just coincidense that it crashed on his watch. He did attempt to fix it, but could not. So, he did try.

Petoe is also right. If the petition goes unnoticed by the powers that be, then what's the point. It needs to be brought to their attention.

Now, I am currently working out a new database on another site for users to access quests again, but there won't be nearly as many as there is here and most of the authors have gone away and can't be reached to ask permission to post them there.
The most we can do is get all of the currently active authors to submit their work to it in hopes of reviving this big loss to the ZC community.
When the database is complete I will let you guys now of its whereabouts so we get it going. Also it'll be the only site that will also host Demos of quests, no matter what version they are in.

More to come....

DarkFlameWolf
04-06-2007, 03:17 PM
well, I can't fix webpages but I sure can maintain them. I'm better at working with with what's there with the coding rather than making all new code or to fix damage code. So I am only good for updates, not overhauls.
As far as my quests go, get them all at PureZC.com, you have my full permission (and anyone else making a QDB) to place mine up.

cbailey78
04-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Signed!

I really miss Zeldaclassic.com being updated and alive alot! I would be darned to see zeldaclassic.com go off the net! I wanna keep AGN alive! I would hate to have Zelda Classic to go like how Multi-Mario went. The QDB is what keeps people occupied. I want new quests to keep coming.

elise
04-06-2007, 03:44 PM
DFW I think you are certainly someone that must be in the upload team with some others , hope you didn't understand me wrong ,but sometimes I get the impression some people think uploading is the only problem while the problem is much bigger then only uploading :)
I can only say I can't wait to see you or Rocksfan13 or whoever is gonna be in the upload team to make the first upload again ;)

rocksfan13
04-06-2007, 06:00 PM
As far as my quests go, get them all at PureZC.com, you have my full permission (and anyone else making a QDB) to place mine up.

Why thank you. I'll be sure to get them in there if you don't when it comes time to do so.

You're also right about the DB. Someone with experience in PhP is going to have to fix it. And as far as I know, that was Eckels. There was one other that the staff selected but he gave up when they didn't answer his questions. I have to go with you on this. I can also help upload, but that's about it.

firefly
04-06-2007, 09:00 PM
I hope you still remember me.

I didn't know that the QDB came down again, it is really sad to see the QDB "die" once again after so much some members did to get it back working.

*signed*

metroidvictim
04-06-2007, 09:37 PM
yes please!

Sam Atoms
04-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Signed.

Two QDB's are always better than one.

Triforce Seeker
04-08-2007, 06:38 PM
I'd sign thousands of times if it wasn't frowned upon. :scared:

rocksfan13
04-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Alright people. Remeber what I said HERE (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1118848&postcount=18)?

Well, now the DB is up and running. I invite ALL of you to THIS site to submit your context to get a new DB running that actually works. Now, there is only one thing. Currnetly there is no sample screen shots like on Pure or Here at AGN, but we're working on it.
The idea is to have all available quests available there for everone. Including those that are demos. Yes, I did say demos.

And I guarentee you that DB will not drop. At least not if I can help it. It is a community for ZCer's like us.

So please, if you are an author, come over and submit your quest.
If you are a player, come join for the content.

You can find us HERE (http://zcresource.org). I will add it to my signature so can access it from any post I make, because this is the only announcement I will make on it.

Now, like everyone else, I am all for seeing ZC.com running correctly again. So this is the best I can offer. Please, don't hesitate to ask me any questions there. I WILL answer you.