PDA

View Full Version : Chests.

IUK Punisher
03-29-2007, 02:12 PM
I'm trying to animate a chest being open, but it shouldn't animate until I open it. How do I fix this, and keep it open permamently?

Joe123
03-29-2007, 02:36 PM
It depends whether you're doing it with old-style slash chests or with the new 'chest' combos.
If you're doing it the old way, you set the chest up by making the closed chest a solid combo, with either the 'slash' or 'slash->item' attribute. You then place flag 10 on it, set the room type as special item, set the special item that you want to get from the chest and set the room's undercombo as the open treasure chest - which has to be at least half walkable to pick up the item.
To make it animate as you open it, you set the room's undercombo to be the animation of the chest opening, which you cycle to the open treasure chest (by setting up an animating combo, then on that combo set the 'next' box to be the open treasure chest). This will make the animation appear when you open the chest, which will then cycle to the open chest after the animation has finished.
I don't know a way of making it stay open after you leave the room though - in the way I outlined it would 'close' again. And I'm afraid I know little of the new chest combo types in the recent betas.

IUK Punisher
03-29-2007, 02:41 PM
Ehh, I'm using the 2.1 version. I tried the slash->item, but it flickers as it changes, which... doesn't look right...

Joe123
03-29-2007, 04:28 PM
'it flickers as it changes' isnt enough information, could you be a bit more specific? is this when it animates as it opens, or have you not done that yet?

IUK Punisher
03-30-2007, 08:28 AM
Well, I swore I saw it flicker as it changed to the open chest sprite. Now, I tried animating it with several frames. It just goes right to the fully open one... ehh...