PDA

View Full Version : New items and subscreens help

Jeffrotull
03-28-2007, 08:01 PM
I can not seem to figure out how to implement new items like cane of byrna. I have messed with the subscreens but can not seem to figure out how to allow for new or more items. I can make the box bigger where the items go and made a new square for it to fit in. The option to select an item class under attributes is not available like it i s for the existing items. Is there some kind of subscreen tutorial around? I am using Bs graphics on build 254. Also there is a lot of trash icons on my subscreen that I would like to clean up. How do you select what subscreen it will use. There are the passive and active subscreen but how do I use a replacement subscreen I made? Thanks for help in advance.

The_Amaster
03-28-2007, 08:49 PM
You make a new item slot by going to New->Current Item and under attributes set the itme you want it to be. But for you to be able to select it you have to mess with the numbers in attributes. Basicly the position box is that items number, and the boxes below it are what item it jumps to when you press the appropriate button. So for example, item three should have 2 to the left of it and 4 to the right if they're in a row. Oh, and make sure you have "Invisible" unchecked.
I'm explaining all this just in case. Now, you can't set custom items in the subscreen yet, so you have to apply them to a current item and use it that way, if it makes sense. As for junk icons, just select them and hit "Del"

Jeffrotull
03-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks for your response. It helped me fix some of my problems. Are you saying that you can replace an existing item with another but can not add more items in total. Basically I can not have another row of items in my subscreen.

The_Amaster
03-29-2007, 01:53 PM
No, you can add new items, but you can't put in items you've scripted(Well, you can but you have to overwrite somthing else)(I think L fixed this today, or somthing). It can only be items that already exist in ZC.

Nicholas Steel
03-29-2007, 07:52 PM
wait for the next alpha/beta maybe...